[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"I could care less for Aquaman. He has the most stupid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10

File: bird puppet 2.jpg (108KB, 540x303px) Image search: [Google]
bird puppet 2.jpg
108KB, 540x303px
>"I could care less for Aquaman. He has the most stupid powers."
>mfw
Why do normies hate Aquaman so much? Is it the family guy meme?
>>
It's because Superfriends has almost-irreparably damaged Aquaman's reputation.
>>
>>81480235
Superfriends made the whole Justice League goofy, and Aquaman is the only one among them that hasn't gotten a cool mass media adaptation since then. Note that this also sort of half-applies to Robin as well, most normies think he's a gay little twinkboy.
>>
>>81480235
Character hasn't really been on the spotlight other than negatively. And as a huge fan, normie Aqua-apologists with their shitty "Top 10 reasons aquaman is cool" out of context lists don't help either.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
132KB, 1920x1080px
>>81480376
>normie Aqua-apologists with their shitty "Top 10 reasons aquaman is cool"
Are you talking about Armin?
>>
>>81480491
I don't know who Armin is, man. But I've just seen a few of those lists showcasing random, out of context Aquaman feats around. It just comes out as whiny and attention-seeking, I believe.
>>
>>81480823
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWNUCG0fO00
>>
File: Namor_McKenzie_(Earth-616).jpg (152KB, 471x726px) Image search: [Google]
Namor_McKenzie_(Earth-616).jpg
152KB, 471x726px
>>81480235
Better question, how is he so shit when Namor is still awesome (in spite of the fish scale speedo)?
>>
>>81481310
They're both pretty great, m8. Namor has just escaped the public, basically. You can't mock a character you don't know exists.
>>
>>81480823
He's a faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 600x595px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 600x595px
>>81480376
What the FUCK are you talking about?
Have you not seen THIS iteration?
>>
>>81480235
All superheroes are a bit silly, but Aquaman is just more so. No amount of "krakens n sharks" is gonna change that he wears a shirt made of scales and talks to fish.
>>
>>81481532
The vast majority of people haven't seen BatB. And while I love that version, it doesn't do much to sway people's opinion on him as it's a silly kind of character.
>>
File: Heroes.jpg (4MB, 3975x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Heroes.jpg
4MB, 3975x3056px
>>81481446
http://observationdeck.kinja.com/in-defense-of-namor-the-sub-mariner-1620954356

No one cared about Namor and now he's dead. Everyone who glossed over Hickmans Avengers and read Squadron thinks he deserves it
>>
File: 1457275472090.jpg (23KB, 391x366px) Image search: [Google]
1457275472090.jpg
23KB, 391x366px
>>81480292
This guy gets it.
No matter how awesome you make aquaman, most people will remeber the Justice Friends, and how he was the 4th worst character.
>>
>>81480941
>Aquaman won't be a joke after BvS!
>his only scene is literally the merman commercial from Zoolander
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXsKHjX3Y6g
>>
It's not just Family Guy, it's Superfriends. Everyone over the age of thirty thinks he's that guy that talks to fish and uses dolphins as skis and can't function without water or whatever.
>>
>>81480235
Because boomers still only remember him from Superfriends they're the same idiots who still think Robin is gay because of 1960s Batman show.
>>
File: Aquapan.jpg (21KB, 317x627px) Image search: [Google]
Aquapan.jpg
21KB, 317x627px
I never really got the hate for aquaman either growing up. I grew up watching the justice league cartoon so I always thought of him being the badass king of the ocean.
>>
>>81480235
>Why do normies hate Aquaman so much? Is it the family guy meme?

I think most fans are ready to accept a not-worthless Aquaman.

However, Geoff Johns isn't ready to let the meme go, so he still writes "LOL Aquaman SUCKS" sketches for Robot Chicken and is desperate to keep the joke alive.

And since he's in charge...
>>
>>81480235
>could
Triggered
>>
>>81485565
D-did you miss the 20+ issue run he had on Aquaman recently?
>>
I'm 24; I'm from probably the last generation Superfriends was relevant to(it was on all the time on Cartoon Network up until the early 2000's. But I don't think it was that popular with other kids my age. So my question is, since most kids my age and younger grew up with the DCAU(and teen Titans, for that matter, since Aqualad was portrayed as cool there), will we see a change in perception of Aquaman with future pop culture? Or is Family Guy just THAT popular?
>>
File: aquaman1.jpg (188KB, 625x950px) Image search: [Google]
aquaman1.jpg
188KB, 625x950px
>>81480235
>Why do normies hate Aquaman so much? Is it the family guy meme?
That and Robot Chicken. Cartoon Network in general honestly (all of those old bumpers making fun of Superfriends Aquaman).

People who call Aquaman "silly" are the same as people who call Clark a gary-stu; They don't read comics and their only exposure has been the campy adaptations of the 70s.
>>
Aquaman is at his worst when he's trying to be Namor.

Let Namor be the quasi-villainous jerk who hates humanity but will work with them when necessary.

Let Aquaman be the friendly and enthusiastic action hero who is fine with being part of a team.

Basically, BatB got it right.
>>
Most of my exposure to Aquaman is admittedly through comedy sketches, however my first on page introduction to the character was in Busiek's JLA/Avengers. Despite my comedic preconceptions he seemed pretty based in the context of the book.
>>
>>81481827
>fourth-worst
Gonna guess, after the Wonder Twins and their monkey?
>>
>>81480235
The ocean is a really boring setting much of the time.
>>
File: b791f6b7e4.jpg (101KB, 1234x697px) Image search: [Google]
b791f6b7e4.jpg
101KB, 1234x697px
>>81488386
Say that to my face motherfucker, not online. Sea what happens.
>>
>>81481689
Wait is that Dr, Spectrum in the background?
Did she survive the Illuminati's murder rampage?
>>
>>81486817
well i guess sixth, i as including those two teens that jut fucked around and been super 70's kids.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.