[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The early commentary online wasn’t kind. Grant Morrison

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 414
Thread images: 44

File: CfNB_y8VAAAzGWy.jpg (177KB, 600x913px) Image search: [Google]
CfNB_y8VAAAzGWy.jpg
177KB, 600x913px
>The early commentary online wasn’t kind. Grant Morrison seemed to be setting the bar awfully high for himself in his interviews, and Yanick Paquette is an artist whose work has always had a cheesecake element to it. How would they avoid the pitfalls of two men writing about an island full of beautiful lesbians? How does this not turn into a male fantasy when Morrison has been very clear about embracing Wonder Woman’s bondage past? I can’t imagine even attempting such a thing, particularly given how scrutinized it’s sure to be. We’re talking about two men attempting to tell a story of empowerment featuring the most famous female superhero in existence.

>Early copies slipped into the world and we saw images of chains and women captured by men and an overweight character seemingly mocked for her appearance. It had all the makings of not just a train wreck, but an offensive train wreck.

>Instead I read the best origin of Wonder Woman that I have ever seen.

Morrison found a way.
>>
>>81440002
>doubting based grant
>the year of our Lord two thousand and sixteen
I seriously hope you guys don't do that
>>
>>81440002
Paul Bunyan Wonder Woman.

If there's something Morrison can write well, it's Paul Bunyan [Superhero].
>>
>>81440002
>The early commentary online wasn’t kind
Was it tumblr? Millar? Brevoort?
>>
>people wants to get Triggered by Morrison

Why ?
>>
>>81440058
It was on goodreads, I think.
>>
>>81440002
>and Yanick Paquette is an artist whose work has always had a cheesecake element to it
That is a extremely good thing.
>How would they avoid the pitfalls of two men writing about an island full of beautiful lesbians?
There are no pitfalls unless you make them misandrist.
>How does this not turn into a male fantasy when Morrison has been very clear about embracing Wonder Woman’s bondage past?
There is not a reason on earth why I shouldn't turn into such. A female character is as good as how well she is written not how extremely sexy she is, she can be inspiring and intelligent and incredibly sexualized at the same fucking time!
>>
File: WW-E1-Image.jpg (219KB, 750x1153px) Image search: [Google]
WW-E1-Image.jpg
219KB, 750x1153px
Fatshaming BTFO.

SJWanks BTFO.

We can all get along.

I'm getting strong BatB Aquaman vibes from this Diana and I like it.
>>
>>81440086
>goodreads
That's even worse than all of the above. They're, like, the RT of books.
>>
>>81440002
>It had all the makings of not just a train wreck, but an offensive train wreck.
thar be a shitstorm a' brewin'
>>
Paquette is also a composer. Remember that piece he made for New52 Swamp Thing?
>>
>That male lens would also dictate that this story be filled with scantily clad supermodels in suggestive poses with other scantily clad supermodels. And it’s not unreasonable to expect at least some level of cheesecake given that Paquette draws attractive women. I think part of this reputation comes from his work on a books like Codename: Knockout, but that book featured both cheese and beef cake, and was specifically created to feature titilating poses of men and women. The ability to draw attractive people shouldn’t be an issue here, really, so much as whether or not they’re being drawn in way that seems unnatural for the sake of appeasing the male gaze.

>But Paquette avoids that. Yes, his Amazons are beautiful, but they’re also Amazons: it’s part of the initial concept, that they’re subjectively perfect in every way. But at no point are they placed into positions or drawn from angles that would serve to exploit their attractiveness. There are no typical comic book panels of just the posterior and no one wears a skirt that happens to be a bit too short. Yes, Diana’s anatomical proportions seem to defy nature, but she and the Amazons wear clothes you would expect a group of active, trained warriors to wear. Their outfits aren’t just practical, they’re clearly informed by their Greco-Roman roots.

>Paquette also makes every single character in this book look unique. It’s a stunning accomplishment, really, if you just consider the overwhelming number of Amazons he has to draw. But all of them, from their faces to their hair to their attire, are distinct from each other. I can’t even fathom the amount of time that had to have been spent on even background characters in order to pull this off; it’s unbelievable. It makes Themyscira seem like a place where everyone is free to express herself however she may choose. It emphasizes the fact that this culture is far more advanced than our own.
>>
>>81440002
>He didnt believe in Morrison
>>
Jeez. The centuries have not been kind to the Amazons' fashion sense, have they?
>>
>>81440170
>that sameface
>>
>>81440082
To be honest he already triggers some X-ZFans and Bat-fans
>Muh Magneto
>Muh Joker
Some Wonder Woman fans just wait next run to be triggered.
>>
File: in-him-we-trust.jpg (39KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
in-him-we-trust.jpg
39KB, 600x398px
Them of little faith.
>>
>>81440189
ew
>>
>>81440189
To be honest, Amazons are no fashion icons in main DC continunity either.
>>
File: 1279485560570.png (13KB, 523x497px) Image search: [Google]
1279485560570.png
13KB, 523x497px
It doesn't matter if it's good or not. It's a Wonder Woman comic, therefore it's shit.
>>
>The problem, then, is in making Trevor African American. The only goal is to make him something other than white. The choice to make him black is loaded with problems, if only due to the imagery involved. On Themyscira, submission to another is considered a form of trust, of love, but to ask the sole black character in this book to wear bondage gear seems tone deaf. I wouldn’t go so far as to call it offensive, but the idea is never really addressed or fleshed out, so we simply have Diana trying to convince Steve to wear clothing meant to evoke images of slavery. On one hand it speaks to Diana’s ignorance of this new world and Steve’s place in it, but that’s as far as it goes. And given that Steve could be any ethnicity other than white for his new role to work, it’s hard to understand why Morrison decided he should be black.
>>
>>81440259
fine, here (you) go
>>
>>81440113
>Fatshaming BTFO.
>We can all get along.
Yeah, that's why all those Faith threads were "getting along".
>>
>>81440268
because visually, white and black are two strikingly and immediately visibly different skin tones

duh
>>
>>81440304
>reading Faith
It was pretty mediocre anyways
>>
>>81440236
Yeah, but here it looks like they've been making frequent raids into Elton John's bathrobe collection.
>>
>>81440189
It looks sort of like that odd high fashion stuff that never makes sense but people love it when they see it on the runway.
>>
File: popcorn amusement.gif (966KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
popcorn amusement.gif
966KB, 200x150px
>>81440268
>You must be willing to submit to loving authority.

Morrison, you mad man, you actually went there.
>>
>>81440002
TWO DAYS
W
O

D
A
Y
S
>>
>>81440126
I couldn't believe how shitty that site was when I went there. I wanted some book recs since I've been getting into reading again and it was all YA shit
>>
>>81440002
Do these people know that Wondie was created by a dude?
>>
>>81440407
>Do these people know anything abotu capes at all?
Fixed.
>>
>>81440406
It full of WOMYNZ, bro
>>
>>81440268
>And given that Steve could be any ethnicity other than white for his new role to work, it’s hard to understand why Morrison decided he should be black.

Perhaps because there is no reason he couldn't be black. The minute your writing is controlled by "but what if I offend someone" you're inevitably going to ruin your work with non-stop self censorship and second guessing which will affect your quality of writing in a negative way.
>>
>>81440290
Please don't respond to shitposters with shitposting. It's best to just ignore them.
>>
>>81440529
Agreed.
People get upset over every little thing. You're going to offend someone no matter what you do.
>>
Be honest with yourself /co/, how many of you have the word blacked filtered?
>>
>>81440002
>Morrison found a way.
He always does. Only people that can't appreciate his work are morons, I've discovered.
>>
>>81440529
I don't think it's the fact that someone should be offended or not, but the fact that she comes up and demands that he be her slave without this being a problem for Steve is the thing.
>>
File: AA17.jpg (32KB, 410x319px) Image search: [Google]
AA17.jpg
32KB, 410x319px
>>81440268
>>
>>81440724
>and demands that he be her slave without this being a problem for Steve is the thing.
Is it not a problem though? It's not out yet so I haven't read it and can't judge it in context.
>>
>>81440724
Get over it.
Blacks weren't the only slaves in the history of the world, but people sure try to make it seem that way.
>>
Thank you based Moz
>>
>>81440669
it gets wordfiltered to tiger for me. makes things much more amusing
>>
>>81440820
>but white slavery!
this argument really just makes you look like a tool
>>
>>81440790
According to the review from the person it isn't addressed. They're the ones who read it, they're the ones anon I was referring to was talking about, so I'm going off that assertion. It's not something to just throw away, especially when the reviewer is praising literally everything else.
>>
>>81440724
who wouldn't want to be a slave to that hot piece of meat tho, nigga?
>>
>>81440837
I never said anything about whites, that's you projecting asshat.

Gotta stick to that company line, right?
>>
>>81440002
>Doubting based Morrison ever
Heh
Also Sauce? Or did you read it yourself?
>>
>>81440268
>literally not understanding that's the joke.jpg

They said so many good things up to this point.

I guess this book really will trigger everyone.
>>
>>81440837
Many other races were used as slaves. By assuming the other anon is talking only about white slavery you are showing your own ignorance on the subject. You probably think America was also the only country to have slaves.
>>
>>81440889
http://comicsbulletin.com/wonder-woman-earth-one/
>>
>>81440899
>You probably think America was also the only country to have slaves.
You'd be shocked by how many Americans think this.
>>
>>81440126
>RT
More like IMDB. RT has professional reviews.
>>
>>81440899
B-but Spielberg's Amistad said that only Spain used slaves!

>>81440924
>professional reviews
That is, paid to praise their sponsors.
>>
Comics journo work is such a crapshoot. There are writers/artists who if they had done this would be getting it in the neck. Because the reviewer is well-disposed to Morrison, the scantily clad stuff that is there gets interpreted as empowering. But that's only the basis of quality and body of his work/
>>
>>81440113
Jesus. Paquette does an amazing Diana.
>>
>>81440394
It ain't coming out on digital this week I think.
>>
>>81441022
Why is Ridley Scott greeting reddit?
>>
>>81440394
>TWO DAYS

Really?

Are there any WW comics /co/ would rec as prelude to this book?

Is this 'everything is canon' Morrison or is he really just trying to redefine the Golden Age of Wondie?
>>
>>81441069
seems like just Golden Age

so Marston
>>
>>81441069
It really isn't redining golden age. Only element he took from that era was loving submission and amazon mythology. Otherwise everything is different.
>>
So Grant just made Steve black because him being white is boring? So he wanted Steve to be seen as strong so of course he should be black. Is that it?
>>
I like Morrison's work.

I was hyped for this.

But the released/preview material is REALLY bad.
>>
>>81441272
Emasculated?
>>
>>81441272
What's bad about it?
>>
>>81441264
I think it's because it makes the loving submission kinkier.
>>
I can't fucking wait to read this. Wonder Woman is my favorite, and books that cause butthurt of just about any kind are always fun.
>>
>>81441264
He did it to make you upset.
>>
>>81441325

I can certainly see that. And, you know, the implications.

>>81441372

I'm not upset. Just wondering about the interview he gave.
>>
>>81441264
He mentioned in an interview that he wanted to make the differences between him and Wondy all the more apparent. It's not just a gender or a cultural thing, but now also a race thing as well. (Not that they weren't different races before, it's just more obvious now.)
>>
>>81441352
>>>/pol/
>>
>>81441397
The implications are what make it kinky.
>>
>>81441397
It's probably about as relevant to the story as the non-phallic structures will be. Matters on the creative side but won't be something you notice much.
>>
File: false-flag bait.jpg (40KB, 678x307px) Image search: [Google]
false-flag bait.jpg
40KB, 678x307px
>>81441272
>I like Morrison's work.
>I was hyped for this.
>>
File: WW 83.jpg (583KB, 1024x1560px) Image search: [Google]
WW 83.jpg
583KB, 1024x1560px
>>81440002
Lucky for me I'm not triggered by sexy art and bondage in my comics.
>>
>>81441049
Thats jim cameron
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 905x737px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 905x737px
>>81441485
>filename not image.jpg
grandpa pls
>>
>>81441545
1.jpg flase flag pls go
>>
>>81441575
>that anon again
How many today, 1.jpg Hunter?
>>
>>81440268

MAYBE THAT'S THE SOCIAL COMMENTARY, YOU FUCKING TUMBLRITE

YOU SEE POLITICS IN EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE ONE THING THAT'S COMMENTARY.
>>
>>81441545
lol
>>
>>81440349

>ancient civlization
>grace jones hair

What.

Also, did Morrison go through with his idea of making all buildings vaginas?
>>
All the digitalfags/piratefags, we won't get to read it until next week. Fuck. Will someone scan this bitch up?
>>
>>81441006

Also, I like fat Etta Candy being back. She was a great character, even the superhero therapist in SS.

>>81440951

Remember barbarian WW in Dark Knight Strikes Again and how problematic it was?
>>
>>81441264
>The first is Steve Trevor. While changing his ethnicity raised many eyebrows, there’s a very clear reason for it within the story. Wonder Woman goes to America and finds a country that has marginalized all but the straight, white men. To prevent Trevor from being a part of the very institution that WW would be facing off against, he could no longer be white. His gender and orientation are somewhat essential to is role (as he is a man setting foot on Themyscira and he is attracted to Wonder Woman), but his race makes no difference. This new iteration changes that and to good effect.
>>
>>81441638
Even Amazon doesn't get it until next week, the solicit date is always a week ahead of the actually release date on trades. I don't know why it's like that.
>>
>>81441638
>Will someone scan this bitch up?
Probably not. It'll be available to rip eventually.
>>
>>81441593
>triggered

Seriously though, I agree with you
>>
File: SmugMayo.jpg (40KB, 418x400px) Image search: [Google]
SmugMayo.jpg
40KB, 418x400px
>>81441669
>Wonder Woman goes to America and finds a country that has marginalized all but the straight, white men
Lel, what a horrible country America is. It's a mystery why people don't flee its suppressive marginalizing regime.
>>
>>81441464

He said that he found the white Steve boring and feminine and wanted a strong Steve that Wonder Woman could fall for thus: black Steve.
>>
>>81441783
>feminine
Lead Team 7 for this.
>>
>>81440944
>>professional reviews
>That is, paid to praise their sponsors.

Man, WB really fucked up sponsoring all those shitty reviews.
>>
>>81441783
But that's dumb. Steve should be the girl in their relationship.
In the bedroom too.
>>
>>81441669

Why make him specially black then and why say that white Steve feminine and that black Steve look strong?
>>
>>81440189
>those brightly colored hair cuts
I didn't know the Amazons had access to tumblr. No wonder Diana wants to leave.
>>
>>81441813

Well, Grant Morrison doesn't like white, blond and blue-eye feminine Steve.
>>
>>81441820
Maybe Morrison has a fetish for strong black men?
>>
>>81441844
Well I prefer that Steve to Black Steve, I don't want Diana getting BLACKED.
I'll still read it though.
>>
>>81440082
He literally turned steve into a nigger so he could put him in chains... Just pages after Steve did a SJW bait argument about how blacks used to be abused and slaves in the men world.

Morrison pretty much made a feminist comic with tons of satire at the SJW (that he hates) and was loyal to marson's ideas and to the character.
>>
>>81440268
They were doing such a good job and now it's like I'm reading the goodreads article all over.
To anyone who hasn't read the goodreads article, don't.
It will make your blood boil.
>>
>>81441871

Or maybe he's putting in the book for the fetish sake.

Like, Maston was a crazy fetishist so he'd probably enjoy cuckoldry.
>>
>>81441886
I am okay with this.
>>
>>81441877
Diana isnt white. She's either clay or Mediterranean
>>
>>81441886
>SJW (that he hates)
Ok, what the fuck is this meme?
>>
>>81441812
>triggered.jpg
>>
>>81441979
All races can be BLACKED.
>>
>>81441981

Anons are doing everything to not accept that Grant Morrison is part of the "enemy" and find excuses to things that would normally upset them.
>>
>>81442012
Yeah, Morrison has always been a liberal progressive man. He was writing about trannies and replacing white protagonist with white hating black protagonist in late 80s.
>>
>>81440113
Awwww yiss the Beeta Lambdas, sorority mom Wondy is best Wondy
>>
>>81442060
Dressed up in drag while doing so, no less.
>>
>>81440236
>>81440349
>>81441633
Its on purpose. He did to Amazonia what Bryne did to Krypton.

They are a bunch of creepy self superior weirdos and they look the part.
>>
>>81440002
>/co/ will get upset by this
>/pol/ will get upset by this
>SJWs will get upset by this
>everybody will get upset by this

So /co/ how much will this sell?
Will this be one of the first things where DC successfully uses people's anger to fuel sales like marvel does on the regular?
>>
>>81441669
Black Steve also feels like a bit of a nod to when Phil Jimenez tried to give Diana a black male love interest--they even went to Skartaris together, but nothing came of it.
>>
>>81441069
>>81441080
>>81441108

The Legend of Wonder Woman
The Secret History of Wonder Woman
The Emotions of Normal People
Marston's Run
Bound to Blog
The DCUOA Film
>>
>>81442087
Hope so.
>>
>>81440268
Damned if you do, damned if you don't
>>
>>81440002
>Le "men can't write women" meme
>>
>>81441981
He does hate people who do it on purpose for attention as if it's something to get points for instead of just a natural reflection of the world.
>>
>>81442123
I think that's exactly what it is. Morrison knows DC won't let Wondy have black male lover in continuity so he's doing it here. After all Jimenez and him were collaborators.
>>
>>81442184
Yeah but he has always been progressive and if /co/ wasn't busy fellating him all the time, they would realize.
>>
>>81442167
Men can write women.
It's just that Morrison has proven time and again he has no fucking idea how to.
>>
>>81440113
>Blaming Man's World
>Even though the rise of increased female independence has led to more gluttony amongst women
>>
>>81440189

So this is the fashion that happens in an all female society.
>>
>>81440058

It was /co/ and /tv/

You must have missed those threads but we found out Steve Trevor is black not along ago.
>>
>>81442258
It's funny how on every board there's people like you.
>>
>>81442175
>morrison wankery
>hurr durr must be tumblr
No. This is /co/. They will find every excuse to wank him off.
>>
>>81442258
Calm the cuck down man

You sound so cucked
>>
>>81441515
>Buy this book or Wonder Woman bites the dust
>>
>>81442230
I'll admit I haven't really paid attention to how Morrison writes women, where are some notable examples of his inability to do so?
>>
File: anon is this troubled.png (712KB, 625x441px) Image search: [Google]
anon is this troubled.png
712KB, 625x441px
>>81442258
>too many cucks
>>
There's nothing wrong with cuckoldry.
>>
>>81442232
>implying only the precious females are the ones suffering from gluttony in the modern era

Do you even think before speak?
>>
>>81442230
>What is Seven Soldiers, Invisibles and Talia Al Ghul.
>>
File: 3546765765.jpg (76KB, 768x433px) Image search: [Google]
3546765765.jpg
76KB, 768x433px
>>81442126
>The Legend of Wonder Woman
How is this? I've been meaning to give it a read but haven't gotten around to it yet. Is it any good? Or just another origin story?
>>
>>81442468
I think he meant the Busiek story, but that digital book has been pretty alright from what I've seen (maybe 10 of the digital issues).
>>
>>81441877

Diana doesnt get blacked you idiot, steve got Womend.
The point of the black bull shit is that they make him look like strong and dominant, in this case he is just as weak as a worm compared with diana. fuck you guys are just too dumb for morrison.
>>
>>81442546

She still fell and let herself be dominated by his primal virility.
>>
>Cheetah was an Amazon

Not sure if I'm cool with that idea.
>>
File: 1376070156229.jpg (33KB, 640x472px) Image search: [Google]
1376070156229.jpg
33KB, 640x472px
>>81442546
>steve got Womend
>>
>>81441981
>Ok, what the fuck is this meme?

He hates CENSORSHIP of any kind.

He is part of hugly diverse artistic escenes. He dated a tranny, he did the whole Batman Inc, stuff, gay themes, ACTUAL diversoty and not planned one, he will now work in heavy metal.
The guy is extremly progressive.

>>81442060
>>81442012

SJW =/= Progressive people.

He almost killed with his powers the SJW faggots that asked hum if he would tone down the sexuality in heavy metal and if he doesnt believe studying asian mythology is cultural apropation. For Morrison Everything i allowed in comics.
>>
File: this is you.png (309KB, 680x707px) Image search: [Google]
this is you.png
309KB, 680x707px
>>81442281
>YOU'RE A FUCKING WHITE MALE
>>
>>81442234
Poor anon. You must be sad there are no fedoras.
>>
>>81442468
It's painfully mediocre.
>>
>>81442578
>He fell and let himself be dominated by her primal virility.

Fixed for accuracy.

Every version of Steve that hooks up with Diana is always the sub in the relationship.
>>
>>81442780

>Every version of Steve that hooks up with Diana is always the sub in the relationship.

Everyone but black Steve. This is not your feminine crack Stevie.
>>
>>81442809
>Everyone but black Steve. This is not your feminine crack Stevie.
Oh, so you've read the book?
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 500x350px
>>81440268
>Steve Trevor
>not Stefan Trevorre
>>
>>81442858

Grant said that Steve is black precisely because he didn't wanted a boring and feminine Steve. He wanted a strong Steve that Wondy could realistic fall for and that could complement her strength.
>>
>>81442907

And you fell for that.
>>
>>81442907
And yet the actual review itself says that racial stuff isn't hinted at all outside of the bondage scene. Maybe don't freak out about creator headcanons if they're not present in the material?
>>
>>81442946

Nothing proves that he lied.

>>81442956

>And yet the actual review itself says that racial stuff isn't hinted at all outside of the bondage scene.

Maybe because Grant doesn't want to write about the prejudices and injustices the black people suffered, he just wanted a big and strong looking hung black man that Wondy could go moist for?

Steve is black for the sexual aspect.
>>
>>81442907
Just because he's a "strong Steve that Wondy could realistic fall for" doesn't mean he's not going to end up being her love slave
>>
>>81442999
So what you're saying is, Diana likes it big?
>>
>>81443009

It doesn't seem that's what happens.

I think that she'll try to make him her love slave, he'll school her and then teach her the pleasures of being submissive to the male phallus.

That's just my guess, though.
>>
>>81442907
Your shiposting is getting annoying. He's black because Morrison wants to play with those themes. He never said being white Steve is being feminine rather Marston wrote him feminine. Race has nothing to do with it. Take your MRA back to /pol/
>>
>>81442258
What does this have to do with cuckoldry?
>>
>>81443108

>Your shiposting is getting annoying. He's black because Morrison wants to play with those themes. He never said being white Steve is being feminine rather Marston wrote him feminine.

Do you want me to post his quotes?

I don't know why you're so upset about this to be calling me names. I don't really care what race Steve is. I even find it kinky. I'm just pointing out what Grant said.
>>
>>81442230
>who is Ragged Robin
>who is Zatanna
>who is Ellen Baker
>who is crazy Jane
>who is Boy (kek)
>who is Lord Fanny
>>
>>81442234
They've been stuck with one another on the same island for thousands of years.

They're all orgy'd out.

Their tech is self-sustaining.

Diana's the newest thing on that rock and even she's a centuries-old novelty by the time the story starts. Plus, y'know, she's never going to be queen. Let's be real here.

You'd be bored and numb too in that scenario. You'd try new things. Maybe dress a bit outlandishly to feel something. Anything at all. Before the status quo drags you right back down.
>>
>>81440002
Was anybody really a fan of the first Earth One books? They always read like abandoned movie treatments.
>>
>>81443079
Scientifically, on average white men are bigger than black men.
>>
File: 1332450837728.gif (29KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1332450837728.gif
29KB, 125x125px
Jesus she looks perfect.
My dick will never recover from this.
>>
>>81441844
I think Jack Frost was his only blonde blue-eyed guy protagonist ever.
>>
>>81442374
Literally the only one is his inability to include Wonder Woman in a meaningful way in JLA, which is definitely relevant to this thread but instead this fucking casual had to paint it in broad strokes because he likely has not read many Morrison comics and is just trying to rile people up
>>
>>81442999
>Steve is black for the sexual aspect.

In most places blacks are not considered attractive, that's mostly a anglo-french thing.
Italian women would find your comment retarded.
>>
>>81443242
>Now if you'll excuse me, I'mma schlick to Dick Grayson. What a hunk!
Dick is not for sexual
>>
>>81443305
Nope.

I think this might be the best out of the lot because it seems to have the most fidelity with the source material while building upon it in a fresh fashion.

I mean, space angels blowing up Krypton? No thanks.
>>
>>81443337
Buddy Baker and Aztek
>>
>>81443384

Aztek is a Hispanic Aryan supersoldier, though. He's literally a Captain America raised by an apocalpyic death cult funded by Lex Luthor
>>
>>81443384
Never read Aztek. Is it good?
>>
>>81443270
>You'd be bored and numb too in that scenario. You'd try new things. Maybe dress a bit outlandishly to feel something. Anything at all. Before the status quo drags you right back down.
That actually makes sense.
>>
>>81443431
He still has blond hair and blue eyes, that was the only criteria
And your a moron he's a pisstake/"done right" of Azreal
>>
>>81443446
Personally I love it
Some people don't like the art or find the story pointless but Morrison obviously didn't get a chance to finish the story
>>
>>81443312
But big black cock...
>>
>>81442432
I never implied that. But good job projecting.
>>
hey whats a couple cool wonder woman books to read my dudes?
>>
>>81442468
Better than azzarello's run
>>
>>81443510
>Wonder Woman is getting blacked.
I can't help but laugh every time some butthurt anon makes this post.

Morrison is a madman who knows exactly what he's doing. God bless him.
>>
>>81443312
sauce?
>>
>>81443510
That's not what blacked means, he's going to submit
>>
>>81443650

No, he'll be a strong black man that will put Wonder Woman in her place.
>>
>Black Trevor turns out to be gay in the end
>>
>>81443552
What you did imply, then, is that modern obesity pandemics in the west are a direct result of women's independence, which is so dumb I can't even begin to express how dumb it is.
>>
>>81443495
Didn't he conclude it in his JLA?
>>
>>81443510
For fucks sake
1. She isnt getting Blacked, she is fucking with a black guy, is not the same. The cuck shit (dominant male takes the place of a weak male, regardless of race) and the Black Bull shit (strong dominant black takes of innocent woman from other race) and the Mandingo shit (Male from a race seen as inferior takes on the civilized woman).

There's 3 fetishes that could be related to this and not of those fits. Morrison is playing with the Media interracial push, the black bull is no bull but just a puppy for wonder woman. He isnt in control, he looks strong and masculine but he becomes inferior and sumisive to Wondy.
>>
File: I'll bind to that.png (418KB, 721x723px) Image search: [Google]
I'll bind to that.png
418KB, 721x723px
>>81440268
>>
>>81443783
No, there are unresolved plots still
>>
>>81443783

Yes, Aztek joined the JLA. Then Luthor does his take-over of the JLA, reveals that he was funding Aztek's foundation all along even though he thought it was bullshit, since it gave him a spy on the JLA, and threatens to blow up Aztek's armor if he does anything to stop him. Aztek then resigns from the JLA since he doesn't know if he's clean or not.

He's still in limbo, as far as I know.
>>
>>81443804
>There's 3 fetishes that could be related to this and not of those fits. Morrison is playing with the Media interracial push, the black bull is no bull but just a puppy for wonder woman. He isnt in control, he looks strong and masculine but he becomes inferior and sumisive to Wondy.

You've no way to know this.

I wonder what will be your answer when Wondy submits to Steve masculinity out of her own free will.
>>
File: Maledom vs femdom.jpg (40KB, 288x400px) Image search: [Google]
Maledom vs femdom.jpg
40KB, 288x400px
>>81443968
To sub or to dom, that is the question.
>>
>>81443968
It won't happen. That's antithetical to Morrison going full Marston here. The Amazons and their ways are going to be right.
>>
>>81444097

But what if it happen?
>>
>>81443305
Im a big fan of the Batman ones as it shows a Batman who isnt in control 100% of the time, and as a result his victories are more satisfying.
>>
The BLACKED meme is going to get to ridiculous levels when this is out. Just look at this thread. It's going to be insufferable.
>>
>>81444126
It won't though. Use your noggin.

>>81444257
OGNs come and go pretty quickly on /co/. You'll get one or two stories when it comes out but it shouldn't cause lasting discussion even being written by Morrison.
>>
>>81443762
How is it dumb? As women have gained more and more influence in aspects of modern life, there has been increased coddling all around, which has been detrimental to both men and women.
>>
>>81444297

>It won't though. Use your noggin.

I think it will. The amazons are stuck up bitches and Steve will teach Wondy a new and more pleasurable way.

Why make Steve black and "strong"? Think about it. Wondy think of men as silly boys. Steve will teach her what a man is.
>>
>>81440113
I'm so glad Etta Candy is becoming popular again with Wonder Woman writers. She's one of the best characters in the original run.
>>
>>81441908
Only you're turning this into a cuckoldry thing.
>>
>>81444418
You realize Morrison is going off of Golden Age Wonder Woman, right? Steve is part of a game to her. Wonder Woman is there to be better than the Amazons and Man's World. Steve is strong because that was his only defining trait for the majority of his existence.
>>
>>81440002
I cant wait for this comic. Gunna be gud
>>
>>81443968
>I wonder what will be your answer when Wondy submits to Steve masculinity out of her own free will.
You realize we're talking about Wonder Woman, right? Like, you've heard of the character before?
>>
>>81444707

>You realize Morrison is going off of Golden Age Wonder Woman, right? Steve is part of a game to her. Wonder Woman is there to be better than the Amazons and Man's World.

But this isn't the old white and feminine Steve. Grant changed his race for a reason. He WANTED a STRONG Steve.
>>
>>81444297
OGNs come and go, but /co/ throwing tantrums and spewing memes over books they didn't read in the first place won't die no matter how hard you try to kill it.
>>
>>81444762
This is telling us more about your fetishes and thought processes than Grant Morrison's.
>>
>>81444802

I'm a pervert, yes, but so what?
>>
>>81444762
Just post the quote (with source) where he said that already.
>>
>>81444297

If Morrison releases a book people will shitpost about it for a good five years.

Even if it's an OGN.
>>
>>81443642
come on anon imma need dat link
>>
>>81444802
>>81444817
I think everyone is just projecting their own fetishes right now.
>>
>>81444409
the obesity epidemic is because A) there's an excessive amount of corn syrup in two many products
and B) low nutrient foods made from potato starch are cheaper to mass produce, require nearzero prep time, and have a longer shelf life than anything else, making them more alluring to low income, low free-time shoppers

these things have nothing to do with gender politics or coddling and have everything to do with capitalism and industry trends in a post-Ford America
>>
>>81444940
What did you say? Who's pregnant?
>>
>>81445014
>pregnant
You misspelled pegging. Diana is pegging Steve.
>>
>>81444940

I'm just asking anons to be open to the idea that Steve will presented as a strong and viril man that you catch Wondy's attention and teach her the wonder of submission. I find a dominant character finding pleasure in being submissive really kinky, and maybe that's what Morrison's going for.
>>
>>81445055
>I find a dominant character finding pleasure in being submissive really kinky
So many faps to femdom have been interrupted by this bullshit.
>>
>>
>>81445055
No. You're pushing the BLACKED meme hard
>>
>>81445177

I didn't know Etta was so into watching them.
>>
>>81445055
But Wonder Woman is completely antithetical to your fetish. It'd be like asking to be open to the idea that Superman decides Lex is right and the world needs to be purged by fire as an acceptable ending to an arc, or like asking anons to be open to the idea that Gorilla Grodd thinks humans are way better than apes and decides to donate his body to scientific experiments for humanity's benefit.
>>
>>81442748
This. If you want a comparison look at Bill Maher who constantly calls liberals and SJWs on their 'its my right not to be offended' bullshit. Free speech means you will be offended and you know what? If you arent offended sometimes its cause you are not having your beliefs challanged.
>>
>>81445218
Etta's into goddamned everything.
>>
>>81445283

A bit of hyperbole there.
>>
>>81445336
The amazing thing is that it's not hyperbolic at all. Wonder Woman being evil is more in line with the character than Wonder Woman becoming a submissive subservient to a man.
>>
>>81443370
Italian women love the BBC though.
>>
>>81445232
might be a parody/commentary on the porn industry with their influence whole blacked angle niche that's spilling over to all mediums and SJWs embraced because of their white guilt or some other shit reason

it has nothing to do with what you might be obsessively being turn on by, i don't believe Morrison meant this as the ideal route men and women should take

I think it's a commentary on the globalization the world is taking and becoming more international due to technology overcoming the limits of physical space this means people from different parts of the world will hook up

just remember when race mixing happens, one party or possibly both parties, will lose their old identity as this was a form of tactic from history to wipe out a tribe of people… just see Europe's history as they fought and raped everything

Morrison is just playing around with the yin yang role reversal, one's submissive and the other dominating and yes white and black and feminine and masculine

don't over think it, just read it and yank your crank to it
>>
>>81445535
>might be a parody/commentary on the porn industry with their influence whole blacked angle niche that's spilling over to all mediums and SJWs embraced because of their white guilt or some other shit reason

Would be interesting, if true.
>>
>>81445489
I was in italy once, all blacks (just 3) i met complained about having problems getting rooms in some hostels and that italian women were assholes.
>>
>>81445389

There are stories where Wondy, despite all her posturing, end up taking a submissive role.
>>
>>81440113
>>81440113
>I LIKE you
They're going to bone
>>
what would you think of a one tit Wondy Woman?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy-PQI0FQUc
>>
>>81440189
Donna?
>>
>>81445705
i would really like to see that i thought it was an awesome part of their culture
>>
>>81445780
That was just something added on centuries later because of a pun
>>
>>81445535
>>81445567
What the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>81445986

Welcome to your first Grant Morrison thread.

It's like meeting the crazy homeless man who wants to talk to you about the voices in his head. Just smile and nod and it'll all be okay and sometimes you'll hear some great stuff too.
>>
>>81445113
Agreed, nothing kills my boner faster when I'm fapping to femdom
>>
>>81446091
Dude, I know Hypercrisis, I've written in most hypercrisis threads of the past 4years.

This is to Hypercrisis what Marxism was to Marx,what the Crusades were to Jesus,what bronies are to MLP

Its radical bullshit using a misinterpretation of a previous movement to justify itself
>>
>/co/ gets mad
>/pol/ gets mad
>cbr gets mad
>tumblr gets mad

Will this become the greatest selling OGN in the last few years?
Or does rage only count in money if it's marvel?
>>
>>81446584
Rage sales are more of an ongoing thing, OGNs don't benefit from it as much.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2KB, 321x26px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2KB, 321x26px
Will it be even possible to discuss the newest Morrison comic on this board?

Have /tv/ and /pol/ managed to ruin even Morrison?
>>
>>81446622
There haven't been OGNs that make people rage like this will though.
>>
>>81441688
It's because LCSes get trades a week before Amazon and bookstores
>>
>>81445283
I believe wonder woman should please everyones fetish. Old, new and Unknown
>>
>>81445986
Mandingo parties, man.
>>
File: 1422873459750.png (161KB, 315x330px) Image search: [Google]
1422873459750.png
161KB, 315x330px
>>81446662
Why does everyone have to come here and mess with us? They don't even like comics... Is it the bronies? Are they still mad about bronies?
>>
>>81446441
Does that mean Hypercrisis is officially a religion?
>>
>>81446766
This isn't Totally Spies.
>>
>>81446863
>/co/ isn't even /co/
>it's just a orgy of even shittier places
>>
>>81446853
>>81446662
You crosspost here and on /tv/, huh.
>>
>>81446584
>>81446716
The reviewer is a tumblrite though and they seem to love the book.

/co/ will love it because THICK Diana.
>>
>>81446909
Only around movie releases which is to say all the fucking time
>>
>>81444257

I want to know who was the first idiot who started spreading it along with "cuck"

Every single year this website gets a new meme that's insufferable
>>
>>81446949
The writer didn't even talk about the story, just how things were problematic or how it dodged being problematic
>>
>>81446911
That ain't me, though. Also a /tv/ is a disgusting pedophilia riddled hive of awful taste and cuckoldry memes. I'm insulted you insinuate I go there.
>>
>>81446979
It was /v/ for cuck and their Anthony Burch obsession, and then cuck just morphed into blacked.
>>
>>81447031
But the review was still positive about the book.
>>
>>81445780
Go look at actual ancient Greek/Roman art of Amazons. Never were they depicted as having one breast.
>>
>Why is x character a different race now, the confused comic "nerd" mutters completely confused about the multiverse concept?
>>
>>81446868
More of a way of thought. Which means it is subject to all the interpretations variations and mutataions of any other memecluster
>>
>>81447040
All of 4chan is degenerate memes. I can suffer one board and this isnt it
>>
>>81447188
It never happened. It was a myth that people have taken as fact.

Again Gadot shits the bucket
>>
Is it ok to like Superman Earth One?
>>
File: oh exctie.gif (390KB, 215x233px) Image search: [Google]
oh exctie.gif
390KB, 215x233px
>>81440113
Holy shit, Paquette's Wondy is actually beautiful. Too many artists try to way over-play her hardness and strength, but god damn.
>>
>>81447492
no, kys
>>
>>81447492
Depends on which volume
>>
>>81447492
Sure
>>
>>81447518
Volumes 1-3

>>81447501
Fuck off leafyfaggot.
>>
>>81447660
You're on thin ice, buster

I liked it too
>>
BTW, has it been established what type aircraft Steve flies?
>>
>>81447492
I love JMS on superman. The best clark reporter ever written
>>
>>81442401

Aw, fuck you now I have that godawful song stuck in my head again.

And now my name is appearing before me in golden glowing letters. I can hear the metallic clang of the machete on the railing of the stairs leading to my room.

You sentenced me to death, asshole.
>>
>>81447492
Yes. Though I'd say it's pretty middling. I feel the Clark stuff are where the book excels in, but the Superman stuff and main plot is rather weak
>>
>>81440324
its not even over, the most recent issue is good,
>>
>>81448062
Well the guy worked for newspapers before sobit makes sense. Agreed though, best clark so far
>>
>>81440951
This. Morrison could poop on a book and journalists would eat it up as the best thing ever because he wrote a few ok old comics and has immunity (plus he's a SJW and PETA supporter)
/thread
>>
>>81448465
>/threading your own post
Somebody's confident
>>
Morrisson is awfull. Fianl Crisis ending is down right unreadable and nobody can explain this shit.
Joe the barbarian was a good book.
His batman was boring to me, always going back to golden, silver age stuff, Zur An Rah...

Never buy a Morrison book. I bought some of his book because he is widely recommanded and sold back nearly all of same. Same as Gail Simone. Widely recommended and awful.
>>
>>81448786
Final Crisis ending is pretty simple tho

Superman beats the bad guys
>>
>all this falsefagging
>>
>>81448937

You literally haven't read A PAGE of this comic yet.

Imagine how much better this board would be if mods permabanned this user
>>
>>81448786
>>81448937
>>81448465
/tv/ poster losing it
>>
File: 1327524971155.jpg (2KB, 126x107px) Image search: [Google]
1327524971155.jpg
2KB, 126x107px
How long before we get an Earth One Justice League?
>>
>>81448786
Brought his Doom Patrol entire run recently and it is fucking awesome.
>>
>>81448954
/tv/ posters hanging around to shitpost now that BvS threads are dying down a little
>>
>>81448786
>never read a non continuity morrison book
>>
File: 1405043854923.jpg (396KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1405043854923.jpg
396KB, 1920x1080px
>>81447529
Statistically asians and blacks (both bm/af and am/bf) have some of the longer marriages out of the other couplings. I recall one anon theorized the less they "fetishistized" each others race the better
>>
>>81449034
Tom King written reen Lantern Earth One first/.
>>
>>81449046
>now that BvS threads are dying down a little
They are?
>>
>>81449034
Probably when Johns is done with all his Batman Earth One stuff since he'll probably be the one to write it.

So like 10 years from now.
>>
>>81449309
A little
>>
>>81440268
Ah, a black Steve Trevor. Good to have confirmation that I don't need to read book after all. Nice to finally be old enough to accept that not everything is written in mind for me as a reader, and if they want to appeal to a different demographic, then they should be allowed to. Lots of other things to spend my money on.
>>
File: CAStripSquirrelGirlSite.jpg (339KB, 630x1394px) Image search: [Google]
CAStripSquirrelGirlSite.jpg
339KB, 630x1394px
>>81443242
But muh patriarchy crushing thighs.
>>
>>81449566

Good for you. Now never come in one of these threads again and don't post about the book and everybody wins.
>>
>>81440268
Jesus, Paquette's Wondy looks so fucking beautiful.
>>
>>81449885
>replying to it
this is why they keep coming back
>>
>>81440113
>We can all get along.

FUCK YOU

KILL THE FATS WE NEED THE SPACE
>>
>>81449875
>THICK THIGHS
That probably isn't the same kind of THICK I'm thinking of
>>
>>81449875
>patriarchy crushing thighs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao0mij7EHUA
>>
>>81443370
>In most places blacks are not considered attractive, that's mostly a anglo-french thing.

I don't know about black women, but black men are definitely not attractive. In my experience, not even tumblrinas consider black men attractive. I can't name any popular ships with black men, except for any involves Finn.
>>
File: 1455837862911.webm (762KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1455837862911.webm
762KB, 640x640px
>>81450338
>>
>>81450382
How are you so sure about one but not the other?
>>
>>81450382
You'd be surprised - it's actually the other way around.

Black men are seen as attractive from what I've seen, even by non-nightriders.

Black women, on the other hand, have the lowest desirability scores if online dating services and polls are to be believed. Even Black men don't want Black women
>>
>>81450382
You a fag, bro?
>>
>>81450498
this
>>
>>81448851
Explain me this.

http://www.cosmicteams.com/newgods/images/post-zerohour/final-crisis-7.jpg
>>Black hole at the bottom of the creation
There is no bottom on a multiverse.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/marvel_dc/images/6/60/Final_Crisis_7_Superman_shatters_Darkseid.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140118205615
>> Or even more pretensious stuff. Superman sing and kill Darksied. Woww. So poetic and shit. And sentense like 'Cargo cult capable o a single operation'. It make NO sense.

Final Crisi was made by editorial mandata as much as Countdown. They wanted to kill Bruce and they didn't wanted to do in the regular serie because of the Batwank. And for some reason the shit Barry Allen here.
Why Reverse Flash would restore barry during the Final Crisis?

And what exactely the population of the DC remember of the crisis here? I thought they were all reduced and ported to another universe.
>>
>>81449995
>>81450338
>>81450423
tighmind
>>
>>81450498
That's more a class thing I think. Poor people tend to eat bad food and if you're not doing labor you're at huge risk of turning into a lardbeast.
>>
>>81450566
What does that have to do with Back women, unless you're trying to imply that all sheeboons are poor?
>>
>>81450423
>>
>>81450559
Do you know what a "metaphor" is anon
>>
>>81450601
At greater risk of being poor, but given your word choice you can just assume I wrote FUCK THE DARKIES, GENERAL FORREST WAS RIGHT, turn 360 degrees and walk away.

What can I say, I never had relations with a black woman who wasn't a STEM type.
>>
File: tips durararar.png (104KB, 304x352px) Image search: [Google]
tips durararar.png
104KB, 304x352px
>>81450739
>At greater risk of being poor,
>40% of welfare recipients are right
>Only black people are at risk of being poor.
Also
>implying being poor makes you fat and ugly

>What can I say, I never had relations with a black woman who wasn't a STEM type.
>relations
pic related

I have known a few cute STEM black women, but that doesn't change the fact that it seems as though black women are the least desired.
>>
>>81450498
>Black men are seen as attractive from what I've seen, even by non-nightriders.

Not really. I mean they are considered pretty ugly in general outside countries where the are not in the media.

And they are. Their skulls are funny shaped
>>
>>81445006
BTFO'D
>>81444409
>>
>>81450922
>Not really. I mean they are considered pretty ugly in general outside countries where the are not in the media.
>And they are. Their skulls are funny shaped

Coming from Murrica, they're very pushed in the media. Every young person looks up to people like Drake/the cast of Empire/various sports figures.

I'm sure it's different otherwise.
>>
Blah blah blah shut up and post more thighs
>>
>>81441886
Matey, have you read anything by Morrison at all? He was SJW before such a thing existed, just check his talk with Buddy in the last edition of his AM run
>>
>>81450480
>>81450501
Just speaking from experience, not hard statistics. Also, I'm pic related.
>>
>>81451209
Oh shit Gene Luen Yang?! Love your stuff!
>>
>>81450498
So is the divorce rate among WM/BW lower because black woman are more likely to resolve relationship drama?
>>
>>81451361
It should compare include black/black and yellow/yellow
>>
>>81440201
you mean
> NOT MUH PERFECT COUPLE SCOTT/JEAN
>>
File: Will-Smith-2012.jpg (52KB, 500x713px) Image search: [Google]
Will-Smith-2012.jpg
52KB, 500x713px
>>81450922
Funny how? Like a clown?
>>
File: BS_CM.jpg (18KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
BS_CM.jpg
18KB, 500x343px
>>81440268
>but to ask the sole black character in this book to wear bondage gear seems tone deaf. I wouldn’t go so far as to call it offensive, but the idea is never really addressed or fleshed ou

i wish he had went there. Steve's his expectation of why he wont wear slave gear would have fit with the whole narrative of mans world being fucked up. then again Ancient Greeks weren't exactly slavery free. i would have loved to see Morrison's take.
>>
>>81452924
Amazons aren't ancient Greeks
>>
>>81441069
The Earth-One books are separate continuity.
>>
File: 1445816367059.png (650KB, 784x600px) Image search: [Google]
1445816367059.png
650KB, 784x600px
>>81451361
It's finally confirmed, Black women just love white guys more.
I mean, look at pic related. How can Black men even compete?
>>
>>81453005
are they not from Greek mythology? im not well versed in WW lore.
>>
>>81440268
As a black man i fully approve of this
>>
>>81440268

This is my big sticking point/worry with the book. Like c'mon Morrison you don't see the problem?
>>
>>81453185
DC Amazons aren't, at least. Influenced by but completely separate from the Greeks
>>
>>81453163
>Black women just love white guys more.
It doesn't say that at all. There is no data to compare other black girl relationships with.
>>
>>81452924
it woud have triggered SJWs
>>
Hey /co/, should I read Morrison's Batman run?
>>
>>81453370
Yes
>>
>>81453370
Aye.
>>
File: heyihaveoneofthose.jpg (120KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
heyihaveoneofthose.jpg
120KB, 1200x1200px
>>81453163
but that makes up a small portion of black women and white men it's hardly indicative of averages. I mean a black guy could make the same case for asian women based off divorced rates, but I would only be applicable to those individuals who find each other attractive.
>>
>>81450338
>>81450423
>>81449995
>>81450620
>Your head will never be inbetween any of those thighs as they slowly start squeezing harder and harder
>>
>>81453995
You could probably pay someone to do that because that is a thing people pay for and a major part of most female bodybuilders' income
>>
>>81453370
No
>>
>>81453211
Look at how Steve backs off.
If the character saw the problem, obviously the writer did too.
>>
>>81454231
>dontreadcomics.jpeg
>>
>>81454289
Yes, that is correct. Don't read comics
>>
>>81454349
/co/ defined in one post
>>
>>81454375
This is a cape movie board, anon
>>
>>81454201
>TFW unable to find musclegirl stuff that isn't creepy femdom shit except the occasional /ss/-themed hentai
I just want to climb that mountain dammit!
>>
>>81441515
loebs era WW ws pretty good
>>
>>81441669
Why do people say "diversity" when they always, *always* mean "black American man with white love interest"?
>>
>>81457036
where did he say diversity?
>>
>>81456761
But the femdom and /ss/ are the best parts
>>
>>81450984
>Every young person looks up to people like Drake
Every ghetto rat maybe. Otherwise figures like Drake and Kanye are made fun of and watched for entertainment. Only one who gets some respect is Kendrick.
>>
>>81457036
Because black women are ugly as fuck and white women are universally preferred.
>>
>>81457826
Suburban kids - white or not - look up to Drake and Kanye and JCole and whatnot. Trust me. They see these people and want to emulate them
>>
I can't believe my eyes. She's beautiful. Paquette, you fuckin madman, you struck the balance.
>>
>>81458116
Paquette is based as fuck.
>>
>>81457036
He didn't say diversity.
>>
>What’s interesting is that Morrison takes Marston’s original concept of Amazonian bondage–“loving submission,” as it’s called, and uses it as an opportunity for character study of the Amazons and how Diana fits into it. The Amazons spin their original oppression by men: submission through violence is wrong, but submission through love is empowering and beautiful. That said, what is love worth when submission is not exactly coerced, but expected? Diana is the only Amazon who didn’t voluntarily enter Themyscria, but was born into it. Hence, she has a rebellious streak. She disobeys her mother’s orders, joins in the ritual combat which was forbidden to her as a princess, and dresses in the costume of Hercules, taunting her sisters with the masculinity they shunned. In forging their own destiny, the Amazons have, unknowingly, shackled Diana in their own way.

Can't wait to see this play out.
>>
File: 1308597732674.png (69KB, 298x562px) Image search: [Google]
1308597732674.png
69KB, 298x562px
>>81440268
no White Steve Trevor still makes more sense
Paradise Island is Woman's World, where women have the power
Steve Trevor comes from (white) man's world, you know the United States. His journey is going from the most "privileged" person in his world to being put in a lower class, in woman's world
Him being black really destroys this concept because being black already means he's a second class citizen in man's world, so him going to Paradise Island isn't much different
Just a thought
>>
>>81451361
its more likely that if a white man would consider a black girl he'd have to love her and vice versa
>>
>Wonder Woman Earth One
>Rucka back on Wonder Woman ongoing
>Wonder Woman was one of the best parts of BvS
>Wonder Woman next year looking interesting

Feels good to be a Wondyfag. I imagine Supesfags are on literal suicide watch at the moment. At least Batfags have Tom King.
>>
>>81462796
>I imagine Supesfags are on literal suicide watch at the moment.

Not really since Pre-FP Superman is getting more focus.
>>
>>81462796
Agreed, Wonder Woman's time has finally come.
>>
>>81462796
I was with you until
>Wonder Woman was one of the best parts of BvS
She - like everything else - was terrible in that film.

Plus, Gal Godot is shitty.
>>
>>81462874
How about you actually watch the movie instead of reading shitposting on the internet. Even most of /co/ has warmed up to her.
>>
>>81440268
>mixing bondage gear and black people is racist

no man, you're racist
>>
>>81462923
>I need to follow what 'most of /co/' likes
>implying I didn't watch the movie.

I really, truly couldn't stand her.
>>
>>81462984
Well you're in the vast minority.
>>
>>81463051
I don't think so. Most people I've talked to IRL, and the RLM guys too, seem to really have disliked her.
>>
>>81444130
>a Batman who isnt in control 100% of the time
Oh. Is that why Batfags hate it so much? I read them a while ago and I thought they were really good.
>>
File: 1317809767526.png (148KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
1317809767526.png
148KB, 334x393px
>>81463141
>and the RLM guys too
Oh, you're a fa/tv/irgin.
>>
>>81462796
>Rucka back on Wonder Woman ongoing
WHAT
>>
>>81463216

Where the fuck have you been? He's doing a bi-monthly on Wonder Woman. Odd number issues taking place in modern DCU, drawn by Liam Sharp and even number issues taking place 10 years earlier - Year One - drawn by Nicola Scott(basically his original Earth One story).
>>
>>81462867
*to be blacked.
>>
>>81463209
>if you enjoy something I don't like, I can immediately write you off

You enjoyed the shitty, stiff-as-a-board acting of a total cunt. WW is great, and deserved far, far better than Godot.

Also
>Writes me off for liking RLM
>Thinks if it's /co/'s general attitude, t needs to be followed
>>
>>81463428
>>Thinks if it's /co/'s general attitude, t needs to be followed
I never said that. You sound a little assblasted.
>>
>>81463524
See >>81462923
>Even most of /co/ has warmed up to her.
>>
File: code-monkeys.jpg (44KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
code-monkeys.jpg
44KB, 480x360px
>>81452924
I surprised someone else here remembers Code Monkeys, let alone specifically Black Steve.
>>
>>81463628
I'm not telling you to follow it, I'm just pointing something out. You don't have to like her, but don't pretend like most people didn't either.

You being an RLMfag still makes you a dumbass regardless.
>>
File: jason alexander.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
jason alexander.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>81441886
>grant morrison
>hating sjws

niceme.me
>>
>>81463345
When will it start?
>>
>>81464436
June I believe. He said he has 24 issues planned and it could go longer if he feels like it.
>>
>>81463345
Yup. DC Rebirth has my dollars for this.
>>
>>81463817
Code monkeys was awesome. And black Steve shall never die
>>
>>81462796
As a Supesfag I'm not happy but it could be worse. At least we're not GL.
>>
>>81462796
Last year was the Ant Man year (who fucking though that would happen but i loved it). Now its Wondys time, perfect
>>
>>81441877
Diana had a black love interest 15 years ago. When this stuff wasn't done to appeal to SJW.
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Trevor_Barnes_(New_Earth)
>>
>>81463628
>>81462796
>Gal Godot was good in BvS
It's not just a river in Egypt
>>
>>81462853
And written by fucking Jurgens. Enjoy your mediocre 90s trash whosoever is hyped, it's a matter of time before it's back to triangle era.
>>
>>81445006
You're being silly and ignoring the simple fact that people are actually being ENCOURAGED more than ever before to simply "accept that you're fat and love that you're fat" in ridiculous and alarming rates.

Controlling your calorie intake is easy, EASY and SHOULD be done by everyone, it's super easy to simply read what you eat beforehand.

Please don't ignore the twisted carebear society that's developing that says people shouldn't care about their weight at the detriment to their health and standard of living.
>>
>>81468741
watching calories is a lot harder for working class people, because shitty food and fast food are cheap
>>
>>81449034
Amateur Batman and Twilight Superman would only slow this Wonder Woman down.
>>
>>81468741
The thing is that negative reinforcement dpes not work as a weightloss strategy. Shittinng on fat people stresses themoit and makes them more fat. Its counterproductive. Its fun laughing at fat people bit that doesn't solve shit.
>>
>>81469510
Honestly this would be an interesting Justice League.
>>
If I've never read Wonder Woman before, should I even consider getting this?
>>
>>81451361
>AM/WF 59% more likely
>AM/BF no data yet
Well, looks like I gotta give up on white wimmenz and focus instead on Wakanda and co's.
>>
>>81468741
>it's EASY for me so clearly it's EASY for the rest of the world!
Kill yourself.
>>
>>81469591
it's Morrison doing a Golden Age throwback, not Morrison making everything canon. You're good
>>
>>81469591
Of course.
>>
File: 20160405_033259.jpg (180KB, 300x577px) Image search: [Google]
20160405_033259.jpg
180KB, 300x577px
>>81440113
Literally perfect.
>>
>>81469625
I remember reading All-Star Superman and not knowing who some of the characters were, but I still loved it.
Here's to hoping this gives me a similar result.
>>
>>81469591
That's exactly what these OGNs are for. Literally they are meant to get new readers like yourself.
>>
>>81469707
>giving Morrison something meant for new readers
I mean, Action started ok but boy did it go off the reservation
>>
>>81440268
My diiiccckk
>>
>>81469726
If they cant handle the heat....
>>
>>81463817
this is why i dont mind the race change. i get to pretend its this Steve.
>>
>>81452924
nice reference senpi. its perfect.
>>
>>81440002
>We’re talking about two men attempting to tell a story of empowerment featuring the most famous female superhero in existence.

Men have always been the best writers for Wonder Woman
>>
>>81440002
>Traditional storytelling structure is based on the male orgasm:
>Traditional storytelling structure is based on the male orgasm:
>>
>>81440268
>shutitdown.jpg
>>
>>81440268
This is my fetish
>>
>>81470290
*fap fap fap*
>>
>>81440407
Cucks aren't men, faggot.
>>
>>81462796
>I imagine Supesfags are on literal suicide watch at the moment

No not really...
> Lois & Clark is good.
> That book will be expanded on in Rebirth.
> Gleason is drawing it & the book appears horror oriented which plays to his strengths & it will be very cool to see Superman in such a setting.
> Superman had some great moments in BVS (when the first dose of Kryptonite wore off, holding on to DD even tho nuke is coming, This is my world, heroic death)
Thread posts: 414
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.