[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>golden age - 18ish years >silver age - 14ish years >bronze

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 225px-Showcase4.jpg (45KB, 225x330px) Image search: [Google]
225px-Showcase4.jpg
45KB, 225x330px
>golden age - 18ish years
>silver age - 14ish years
>bronze - 15ish years
>modern age 31ish years
Obviously these are a made up concept, but the so called "modern age" isn't so modern if it started so long ago. Do you think that at some point in the last 30 years that there was something that could be considered a major shift in the comics industry?
>>
Between 1997 and 1999 ( Widescreen, JLA, Authority, Ultimate Spider-man)
And 2012-2014 (Waiddevil, Hawkeyes, Batgirl, etc,)
>>
>>81435778
The dark age followed the bronze age. Both in comics sales and in tone with all the anti heroes and shit. After that comes the current modern age which is basically fading into a kind of internet based age like all other media.
>>
It's the age of the #1's

#1's out the ass

#1's every few months or even more often than that
>>
is the copper age a thing, I've heard people use the term
>>
>>81435778
Aside from the post-war cape crash, there really isn't a defining separation between any of the ages. Until a few years ago the Silver Age was widely considered to have lasted until '86.
>>
>>81436088
When exactly did that opinion emerge? My understanding is that the death of Gwen Stacey was seen as a defining split?
>>
File: batman-stamps-jpg.jpg (174KB, 945x380px) Image search: [Google]
batman-stamps-jpg.jpg
174KB, 945x380px
2001 onwards - capeshit movies age
>>
>>81436088
>>81436111
Both of you are wrong.

As far back as the 1990's, 1970 was considered the start of the Bronze Age. You can go back and look at the magazines talking about it at that time. It's the end of the Bronze Age that's been up for debate (in some magazines they had it end in 1979, but others place it at 1985).

Death of Gwen was in 1973 so it can't be the start of the Bronze Age. It's a key Bronze Age moment but not the start.
>>
we are in the sjw age right now
>>
>>81435778
Computers/the internet
>>
>>81436088
Superman, Batman and the whole of Marvel Comics are different between the Silver and Bronze Ages.

Green Lantern/Green Arrow Hard Traveling Heroes is not a product of the Silver Age.

Claremont X-Men and Teen Titans are not in the Silver Age.

Post-satellite JLA was not in the Silver Age.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.