[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robin: Son of Batman #6 here's also something I noticed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 46

File: 4iPHSKw.jpg (502KB, 700x690px) Image search: [Google]
4iPHSKw.jpg
502KB, 700x690px
Robin: Son of Batman #6
here's also something I noticed this issue that I want to touch on and that's Damian's ethnicity. If you want to be technical about it, Damian is of mixed heritage, with a good deal of the Al'Ghul side of his family being Arabic, and that's really clear this issue along with the series as a whole. The way John Kalisz colors Damian and Talia's skin makes it clear that they're actively trying to depict Damian as reflecting his heritage. So if that's something important to you, know that this book is probably the only book to have ever made it this clear. Thought that was pretty cool.
>>
File: tumblr_nye25tnvEq1rttb7qo1_500.jpg (145KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nye25tnvEq1rttb7qo1_500.jpg
145KB, 500x465px
>>
>>81406187
Gleason is doing such a great job on this book, much better than I expected honestly. This issue really cemented how great of a series this really is.
>>
File: 13.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>
Meh, why are people suddenly so focused on his 'heritage'?

Besides, quite a lot of the Arab population is pretty fair skinned, the Chinese are fair skinned and on top of that Damian is supposed to be a carbon copy of his father in every aspect, hence the shared blue eyes.
>>
>>81406229
Yeah, hopefully he'll get a chance to do something with him again in the future.
>>
Okay, tumblr.
>>
>>81406187
It occurs to me, Damian Wayne's name probably really isn't Damian Wayne, because he's part-Arabic.
>>
>>81406368
. Ibn al Xu'ffasch's Arabic name literally means 'son of bat.' ...
>>
I'm sad the Batman and Robin/Robin son of Batman run has come to an end, hopefully super sons will be good though. The B&R run was my favourite run of the new52.
>>
>>81406187
DC Comics: Sometimes They Get It Right.
>>
>>81406349
This.

Fuck Damian either way, though.
>>
>>81406403
Hey now, comics Damian is cool.

NDCAU Damian is shit.
>>
>>81406402
guys that is Tom KING.
>>
Tim DRAKE FANS rasict 2016
>>
>>81406423
Thanks anon, but that's hardly the truth.

That said, He better live up to his name in the coming months.
>>
I fucking love Damiposter.
>>
Tom king is mad .
>>
>>81406382
Ibn al Xu'ffasch: This one is strange, as if the DC editors decided to mix separate ridiculous and technical transliteration conventions from different languages and add in an apostrophe for kicks. A more reasonable transliteration would be Ibn al-Chufash or Ibn al-Khufash. Ibn is phonetic. The x in Xu'ffasch is the guttural sound found in the Scottish loch or the German ach. The sch is just sh. The word should be pronounced with the emphasis on the second syllable. The title means, of course, Son of the Bat.
>>
>>81406497
Damian in Arabic is: "ديَميان
I didn't know any of this "devil" thing with it till I saw the Omen recently when my mom said that she would never name a kid that. Personally I think it is a very nice name. It's also the name of my friend's dad.
>>
>>81406419
I just hate Damian as a concept. Aside from revisiting the curious Batman-Al Ghul dynamic he's a redundant addition. I enjoyed him as Dick's partner (B&R was the one part of Morrison's run I really enjoyed) but I can't help but feel he's just one more superfluous add-on to a very bloated Bat-family.
>>
>>81406526
Everyone who said that the name Damian has nothing to do with Satan is right. It does not mean 'demon' or 'devil,' and it was never mentioned in the Bible anywhere. In fact, it was the name of several saints. Every source I've seen says the meanings are 'to tame or subdue,' or 'sweet and harmless.' And if you don't believe that, I'll have you know that the Latin word for demon is 'daemon,' and not Damian. Indeed, if the boy in "The Omen" had been named Jeff or Stu, the result would have been the same. It's only a movie.
>>
about being able to RELATE TO THE CHARACTER. ben grimm aka The Thing is a huge orange rock monster but he is jewish and there are whole issues of fantastic four about his religion and relationship with judaism and that makes me, as a jewish man, relate to him, even tho i am not an orange rock monster. the whitewashing of damian is not JUST about his skin color, it’s also about the fact him being part chinese/arabic barley (if ever) comes up! the smallest things like seeing him call bruce “abooya” or “baba” or swearing in arabic when hes hurt in battle / cussing out tim, or asking alfred to make him certein types of ethnic food he used to eat before coming to the batcave, that sorta shit. like he might as well be 100% white because you can’t tell by how hes written that hes not. almost like he was………..(drumroll……) WHITEWASHED.
>>
Damian is 1/2 white, 1/4 chinese and 1/4 arabic. The arabic and chinese genes are dminated by the white genes. the order goes:

Black
White
Everything else
>>
>>81406349
Because it's neat and also there are so many fucking white people in comics so anytime we get away from that is a win.
>>
File: Talia03.jpg (99KB, 500x668px) Image search: [Google]
Talia03.jpg
99KB, 500x668px
>>
>>81406187
I dont see the problem. Better than another dick clone
>>
>>81406349
>why are so many people focused on gis heritage
Because it's kind of a big deal.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ndma77ZJ4A1qmowpu.png (237KB, 374x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ndma77ZJ4A1qmowpu.png
237KB, 374x281px
>>81406187
Ras is daughter is clearly a woman of color, he has an Arabic name/title, and he’s surrounded by other Arabs like Ubu
Her skin tone is NOTICEABLY darker than both Bruce’s and Dr. Darrk’s in half the panels
Literally the first first appearance of Talia al Ghul, Detective #411 (May ‘71):
>>
>>81406805
Guys the old lady is Batman ...
>>
>>81406187
Generally, they’re portrayed living in mountain ranges and deserts in Asia. Talia went to medical school in Cairo. Ra’s was born in the Arabian peninsula.
>>
>Batman got raped by sandnigger and had a little shitskin bastard
Ty [CURRENT YEAR]
>>
Meet The New White Dude Playing Ra's Al Ghul On Arrow.
>>
File: jon kent super son.png (519KB, 1280x1090px) Image search: [Google]
jon kent super son.png
519KB, 1280x1090px
Well what do you want from me, Damian? You freaked out when I called you a quadroon!
>>
>>81406187
>>81406229
>>81406361
Oh look, it's the SJWs trying to settle on /co/ again.
That book is trash and you people are retards.
>>
>>81406187
Talia is drawn as particularly middle-eastern I think most artist draw Damien like he's more ethnic.
>>
>>81406901
Till he died and the next white dude become Ras al ghul but the white dude didn't really want it so he gave it to a different white dude.
>>
>>81406805
>Her skin tone is NOTICEABLY darker than both Bruce’s and Dr. Darrk’s in half the panels

You making up bullshit becomes kind of useless when you post the image that disproves it right next to it.
>>
>>81406938
Tom King is back guys.
>>
Batman genes are the dominant genes and you know how dominant genes work.I don't think anybody would care if he got a tan. The only reason he looks so white is cause of those god damn Batman genes.
>>
>>81406961
What has King to do with this? I mean, besides begin a better author.
>>
>>81406991
And, you know, because Ra's and Talia are white.
>>
>>81406187
Look: Talia and Ra’s are not white. They’re just not. Ra’s is an Arabic man, possibly with some Chinese heritage thrown in there too, depending on which canon sources you acknowledge. Talia’s mother, Melisande, was a polyracial woman of Arabic, Chinese, descent.
>>
>>81407041
>Ras and Talia are white
You do know that Ras is actually some chinese Muslim right?
>>
>>81407060
And?
He was always depicted as white.
>>
>>81407041
Bruce Wayne is white and Talia al Ghul is Arab/Chinese, so that would make Damian biracial!

I just get frustrated when, in comics/canon, the default for biracial characters is to make them automatically white-passing, so I’m glad the R: SOB is slowly but surely trying to break from that industry-norm.
>>
>>81406707
But he's still mixed race whether they color him with darker skin or not

It seems a little insulting to mixed race people to imply they aren't diverse enough if they have lighter skin
>>
>>81407094
it is DC White Washing !
>>
File: 1379070360812.jpg (213KB, 900x281px) Image search: [Google]
1379070360812.jpg
213KB, 900x281px
>>81407108
He's biracial but he looks white.
tumblr you already have your cucks writing and illustrating this dumb shit, keep your retarded bullshit to yourself now, the audience isn't gonna eat your shit up.
>>
>>81407136
Why do you think DC would come to value diversity in their characters? They don’t value diversity in their readers. Hell, they don’t value their readers AT ALL!
>>
File: 1370479985721.jpg (108KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
1370479985721.jpg
108KB, 960x638px
>>81407136
Good.
>>
File: Geoff-Johns_CCO_DC_Small.jpg (939KB, 794x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Geoff-Johns_CCO_DC_Small.jpg
939KB, 794x1200px
>>81407108
You guys are aware our Cereal King is half-Arab, right?

Just pointing out that there are a lot of biracial people who do in fact look white. Look at Wentworth Miller, sometimes even the ones that are half-black look white.
>>
>>81407094
And that doesn't make sense because he's Chinese arab guy and not a white guy.
>>
>>81407179
I'd love to see glass slipper that can support this tank.
>>
>>81407094
And?
He's a Arab.
>>
File: 1412486359945.jpg (79KB, 251x750px) Image search: [Google]
1412486359945.jpg
79KB, 251x750px
>>81407192
It does, you are simply too dumb to understand that:

- nobody sane of mind gives a shit
- that's not how genetic work
>>
>>81407212
That looks white.
>>
He is arabic. I believe the full origin currently in use (at least I think currently since I haven't heard different from the New 52) can be found in the Ressurection of Ra's al Ghul arc.
>>
>>81407212
This may surprise you to know, but there are a lot of people from the Middle East whose skin is white as fuck.
>>
>>81407184
And? Why are you so afraid of non-white character design anon, did mean ol tumblr make fun of you or something.
>>
>>81407214
Tom King IS BACK
>>
>>81407241
I'm not white and I'm not afraid of character designs, I'm just not autistic enough to get bent out of shape because I want a fictional character's skin to be a little darker.
>>
>>81407240
Don't bother, at this point I think it's a troll.
A very dedicated troll, which is pretty patethic, but still a troll.
>>
Actually arab infers he is from an Arab tribe, but from everything we have seen he is actually from a tribe that doesn't exist anymore. So it would be better to guess Assyrian, Persian, Surdan, Babylonian, or any other Middle Eastern,
>>
Lots of people I know of Arabic descent have lighter skin
That's also true of Chinese people
>>
>>81407240
And there's also of a lot of Dark skinned Arabics too so I guess you can just accept that Damian isn't white.
>>
He's Arabic. He has lived for centuries thanks to his various Lazarus Pits. Throughout these times he has travelled to Europe and this is most likely where he acquired his accent.
>>
>>81407233
>that is white-washed
FTFY
>>
>>81407275
I don't even think about it, the character's heritage isn't why I like him. There's nothing for me to accept or reject. I'm fine if he's white and I'm fine if he's not white. You're the one shitting yourself at the idea that he might be white.
>>
>>81407271
Arabic with Chinese decent in the comic books. In the film and comics he's been living for many centuries and is experienced in many dialects, but it is presumed he was from a Arabic speaking country. In the dark knight rises the prison where his daughter was born in is Albania
>>
>>81407255
Are you sure about that? Because that's exactly you're doing.
>GUYS HE'S WHITE HE HAS TO BE WHITE
>I CAN'T HANDLE ANY SKIN TONE DARKER THAN A PAPER BAG YOU HUYS
>>
>>81407051
Who he met at Woodstock, which is hilarious.
>>
>>81407309
Ra's is not of Chinese descent, that's Talia
>>
>>81407289
He's from a fictional ethnicity and he killed everyone else from it because fuck those guys. That's an awesome origin, don't steal it from him.

Also read Batman: Birth of the Demon, it's great.
>>
>>81407273
He's Middle Eastern. He is probably half-Arabic, half Japanese (his father is the Sensei).
>>
>>81407321
Yeah, I'm sure about that. I don't care if he's white or not, they can portray him as a brown boy forever for all I care as long as he's still an aggravating little shit.

Again, you're the one shitting yourself at the idea that he might be white.
>>
>>81407302
Because white damian is a boring ass design. Chinese arabic Damian is just plain better.
>>
>>81407339
>Birth of the Demon,
I going to read it because he Damis grandfather :)
>>
>>81407322
Why would Ra's even go to Woodstock

>>81407161
I don't know if this cartoon is supposed to be about feminist hypocrisy or if it's claiming women are brainwashed by the society around them

>>81407373
Skin is generally the most pleb aspect of design to get assblasted about
>>
>>81407356
Cause it's a dumb idea to keep Damian white. I'm shtting on the shitty practice of white washing characters and you're shitty for defending it.
>>
>>81407373

Chinese arabic Damian is just plain better.
this !
>>
>>81406229
Gleason is very underrated. He reminds me of Doug Mahnke a lot in his style, but he's exceptionally great at drawing crazy action sequences where there's a lot going on.
>>
>>81407356
white is out.
>>
>>81407389
>>81407403
To score some wicked hot environmentalist hippie babe slash, duh. This isn't hard to understand.
>>
File: JQmDxML.jpg (159KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
JQmDxML.jpg
159KB, 1280x800px
>>81407411
Anon, you're mad at the color of Damian's skin while completely disregarding the fact that there are plenty of Arabs and Chinese with that skin color which makes it easily plausible for Damian to have that skin color too.

You're basically saying you can't be "diverse" unless you're darker than a paper bag.
>>
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/08/03/today-batmans-editor-is-looking-into-damians-ethnic-portrayal/

So, Damian's heritage can be made more clear in the comics. And wouldn't that be much nicer than yet another blackhaired whitebread boy?
>>
>>81407403
Then why are getting assblasted over the idea of non-white Damian?
>>
I always thought Damian looked Asian in most appearance.
>>
>>81407454
For the Robin lineup it's nice for design purposes that Damian isn't a total clone of the others.
>>
>>81407527
This.
>>
No he’s not white his mother was Talia al Ghul who is also not white.
>>
>>81407506
I'm not really. Only one of us is ranting about whitewashing and racism because he doesn't like the fact that there are a lot of non-Europeans who naturally have white skin, including the non-European groups that Talia is a part of. Which is really racism in itself because you're telling all these people that they're de facto white now for the purposes of your identity politics.

>>81407527
Well, you have Duke for that now, so congrats, I gues?
>>
File: image.png (508KB, 575x457px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
508KB, 575x457px
>>
>>81407184
Mixed people run the gambit, it's no more likely for him to be pale or dark. I have half black/half white friend who are golden, lily white or darker than my black ass

If they have decided to draw him dark skinned it's their choice, though I think it would always be likely he had Asian features because they seem to stay a few generations
>>
>>81407184
He's from Michigan? No wonder he's half.
>>
>>81407565
Hey, Duke is technically not a Robin in name or something I guess.
>>
>>81407595
You should read Batman #50
>>
>>81407601
I know he's a ward if thats what your implying
>>
Damian Wayne was raised culturally Muslim. …..
>>
>>81407620
No he wasn't, he was raised an Al Ghul which is its own independent culture. Literally, they own land and have their own weird values and are most definitely atheist
>>
>>81407620
Ra's is not a Muslim

He was literally one of those fedora far-leftists before those people even existed

>>81407619
He's going to be the new Robin

Or at least Batman's sidekick Robin while Damian moves to the Teen Titans and the Super Sons books
>>
>>81407454
I saying comics is a visual medium and that if you're making non-white character look white then that means you fucked up.
>>
is grandfather Ras Al Ghu is Muslim.Ra’s was born a long, long time ago to a tribe of nomads in a desert-y, middle eastern looking place atman goes to North Africa in search of Ra’s, and when he finds Talia he asks her where she prepared the pit is where it all began. This implies where it all began is in North Africa. Saudi Arabia—in fact all of the Middle East—is part of Asia.What’s next to it? Land devoted to various Arabian tribes. This is where the nomads most likely lived, which I suppose makes Ra’s al Ghul a modern-day Saudi.
>>
>>81406349
Heritage is like the big thing about the character, it's why he is a Robin
>>
>>81407643
n0pe
>>
>>81407657
I'm saying reality is not up for debate and you're a racist if you want to start saying non-Europeans are now white just because they were born with white skin
>>
>>81407649
It didn't say that. And trust me, if they were making a black Robin they couldn't stop themselves from bragging to the press nonstop about it. He'll be Lark.
>>
>>81407649
Batman sucks.he is a shit dad.
>>
>>81407686
>reality is not up for debate
THIS IS FICTION SHIT FOR BRAINS
>>
>>81407677
Convincing argument.

Living in middle East/Asia doesn't automatically make someone a Muslim. He grew up on an island and on missions, raises by atheists. There's nothing to indicate a Muslim culture.
>>
I think part of the reason more people aren't talking about damian being whitewashed in his comic is because he's mostly whitewashed outside of his comics also. I feel like it's something comic book fans kind of got used to happening.well I hope people start talking about it more often because it shouldn’t be forgotten. Whitewashing is a big freaking deal. And maybe its something that white comic book fans don’t care about but at least PoC fans should be talking about it.
>>
File: This is European now apparently.jpg (76KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
This is European now apparently.jpg
76KB, 600x800px
>>81407717
Then why does anyone want fiction to reflect what they consider reality in this regard?
>>
..Racism in the comic book industry isn’t a new thing.DAMIAN WAYNE IS A BOY WHO GREW UP IN NANDA PARBAT PAKISTAN WHO PROBABLY ONLY LEARNED ENGLISH THROUGH HEARING HIS MOTHER AND GRANDFATHER SPEAK. HE WAS TAKEN TO AMERICA AND PRACTICALLY FORCED TO RE ADAPT TO AN ENTIRELY NEW CULTURE AS WELL AS FORSAKE AND IGNORE HIS ASSASSIN UPBRINGING IN ORDER TO APPEASE HIS FATHER. HE HAS NEVER BEEN TOLD THAT THE ATROCITIES HE COMMITTED IN THE LEAGUE ARENT HIS FAULT AND HE CARRIES IMMENSE GUILT BC OF HIS. OF COURSE HE SEEMS ARROGANT/BITTER HES TRAUMATIZED
>>
Tom KING
2/2,And the fact that there aren’t any clearly depicted Arabic characters in We are Robin, which is also written by him, points clearly towards a biase against one certain ethnic group, but hey apparently I’m color blind so what do I know -.-’
>>
>>81407773
Nanda Parbat is more likely in Nepal or Bhutan than Pakistan.

>AS WELL AS FORSAKE AND IGNORE HIS ASSASSIN UPBRINGING IN ORDER TO APPEASE HIS FATHER

His father just told him to stop killing people
>>
Also if you really want to protect Damian from a racist writer you should start with the current batman writer who's been keeping Damian out of the main batman series since 'he isn't comfortable writing him due to his age'.
>>
>>81407691
>if they were making a black Robin they couldn't stop themselves from bragging to the press nonstop about it
They'd even have them talk about it on The View.
wait, no... DC is better than that.
>>
>>81407800
Oh are you middle Eastern? That explains the punctuation issues and bad grammar. Youre so obnoxious that even when I agree with you I don't.
Also Tiger from Grayson kinda negates that point
>>
>>81407839
>Duke is first African-American superhero
>>
>>81407839
Did you see the amount of interviews they had Orlando go on about midnighter? They weren't big TV shows but they still do the press rounds>>81407849
>>
>>81407800
We Are Robin was written by Bermejo

>>81407837
Snyder hasn't written any Robins at all because he thinks the concept is comparable to child soldiers

It has nothing to do with Damian specifically
>>
>>81407884
I mean, he's not wrong.

And with another one added to the fold, his exactly is Bruce any better then Mother or Talia?
>>
File: BATMAN-AND-ROBIN-facebook.jpg (286KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
BATMAN-AND-ROBIN-facebook.jpg
286KB, 2000x1000px
>>81407884
>"Robin! How does the Commandant look?"
>>
>>81406747
Where does Bruce even find them? Does the Batcomputer have a program that finds orphans looking exactly like Dick with potential for Martial Arts/Detective Training?
>>
>>81408093
They're clones of himself, not Dick
>>
>>81406537
Well that's not technically his fault, no one needs people like Harper and Duke.
Atleast Damian has a role and personality, Tim is completely rebundant in every possible way.
>>
>>81406577
Is this guy for real? Go back to /pol/ you lunatic.
>>
>>81406877
That rape has been retconed for years now, it was fully consensual on his part.
>>
>>81406187
>SJW comic

Uh, fuck this SJW shit SJWing everywhere. Hopefully the new Red Hood and the Outlaws won't do some stupid SJW shit
>>
guys Bruce has thrown away damian like trash.
he does not love damian..
He has no home
Duke has Damians life now - his room-
that makes me sad--
>>
>>81408280
Fuck off, stop pulling stuff out of your ass just to shitpost.
>>
>>81408250

Yep, rape is bad for business.

It was retconned into a bad day, a few drinks, and a hot babe. Even Batman couldn't resist. Too bad he didn't notice crazy ho Talia poking holes in the batcondom.
>>
>>81408223
TOM king is that you ?
>>
>>81408305
Tom king is mad .
>>
>>81408307
I mean it was originally consensual, morrison just cant reread what he oh-so cleverly references.
>>
Duke

White man has to save the poor under-privileged black teen .urgggg Snyder sucks..
>>
File: 10.jpg (80KB, 350x289px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
80KB, 350x289px
>>81408250
No, it was confirmed again in post-New 52 Batman Inc.

You can't be too careful around these Arabs I tell you
>>
>>81408394

I thought it was retconned into rape in the DCAU?
>>
>>81408394
Yeah, but now that origin is restored. Well only the sex, the rest of the story doesn't make sense with the timeline issues.
>>
>>81408432
I 100% agree with everything you just said -
>>
>>81408440
>>81408439

Fuck Morrison's shit, I'm talking about the N52 Batman and Robin by Tomasi.
>>
>>81408439
The panel before that is Bruce being like "Woo Talia that sex was great!"
>>
>>81408439

And then later they went back on it and said it was consensual.

The rape thing is because Morrison hates Talia and always puts her in the worst light possible.
>>
>>81408432
Except the black part isn't that pretty much Dick and Jason's backstory? they both come from poor backgrounds need help, and get 'saved' (kinda...) by Bruce.
>>
>>81408509

Talia is a thirsty ho. That's why.
>>
>>81408515
Batman is Angelina Jolie .
>>
>>81408515
This time around Bruce is almost directly at fault for ruining Duke's happy stable family
>>
>>81408556
It all fits.
>>
>>81408509
Because Talia is shit

All she does is pop into Batman stories to go "Oh Bruce, breed me with your big bat cock" and she made Ra's a cuck because you had this ancient warlord going "Yes, yes, detective, you may have my daughter, give it to her hard"

Morrison making her a villain was the most depth she ever had
>>
>>81408280
Damian has never had a parental support structure in his life, but he desperately wants it.
>>
>>81408600

How do you become a cuck regarding your daughter?
>>
File: boys_for_sale.jpg (209KB, 750x654px) Image search: [Google]
boys_for_sale.jpg
209KB, 750x654px
>>81408556
>>81408565
In the slums of Gotham they die black haired children a different colour in case Batman comes looking for wards.
>>
>>81406187
He's 75% white

His mom is half Ras and half white as of Batman Inc and Bruce is white.

Almost all of his portrayals are white.
>>
>>81408627
Cuck is a state of mind anon

The introduction of Talia made Ra's figuratively sit in the corner of the room cheering on the man screwing his daughter
>>
>>81408600
>Yes, yes, detective, you may have my daughter, give it to her hard
#1 that's not cuckholding, plebbit
#2 that's not what happened
#3 read old comics for better talia
>>
>>81408631
We'll know what happens next moment we see Harper dying her hair.
>>
>>81408655

It would only be cuckolding if Ra's was fucking her.
>>
Ultimately this

>>81407121
>It seems a little insulting to mixed race people to imply they aren't diverse enough if they have lighter skin

But I guess it's ok for artists to have different interpretations. From what people say there's no character bible at DC so it's mostly just how much the editor cares about consistency.
>>
>>81408697
Maybe he was...
>>
>>81407867
Don't remember when people unironically started doing that about>>81407880
Miles
>>
>>81408736
They didn't about Miles. They used that on Silk, to portray her as first Asian, and later, Asian-American.
>>
>>81408697
Wouldn't be surprised, theyre a weird family
>>
>>81408509
>Morrison hates Talia
Not really, it's just DC want to push her as SuperVillian. Morrison just got a jackpot.
>>
NO SEX TALK GUYS OK ...I do not like that ok..
YOU people scares me
>>
>>81408807
>NO SEX TALK GUYS OK ...I do not like that ok..

Kek, are you literally an Arab?
>>
>>81408439
It was consensual sex even in this panel. lol. What's not consensual is that Bruce have no idea that if he bang her this day she'll be preg for sure...because of what she put into his drinks.
>>
>>81408807
Damian is a slut
>>
>>81408774
I like it more when she's more morally gray than full on evil.
Remember when she helped take down Lexcorp and then gave Bruce all of his money? Jokes
>>
>>81408831
Robin: Slut Wonder.
>>
>>81408824
No but I'm too young for sex:::I'm still a virgin:
I'm too young for a tumblr OK GUYS..
>>
>>81408756
There would be real money in a mini series where comic book families go on a Jerry Springer style show and talk about all the crazy shit they've done over the years.
>>
>>81408852
13 ?
>>
>>81408807
Post pics of Bruce and Talia banging y'all

Also I wonder if Bane is still obsessed with her
>>
>>81408876
post pics of Damian banging that Luthor girl from Multiversity
>>
damian and I are the same age ^^
>>
>>81408911
you're nasty..
>>
File: tumblr_ndmzgjx84s1s22um6o1_500.jpg (74KB, 500x699px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndmzgjx84s1s22um6o1_500.jpg
74KB, 500x699px
>>81408894
He wishes it was Chris

I'm sure youre a troll, but if we report that post maybe we can get them underaged banned and be done with them for good.
>>
>>81408833
Well, Tomasi already make her morally gray....give them sometime and they will white wash her again because they fail to push her as a villian(again).

It's funny how DC don't know how to push Al Ghul family character or make them popular when it's fucking easy to do, lol.
>>
>>81408961
The girl has no hair ?
a
nd not a troll
>>
File: tumblr_ndxq8rXyzG1sr7dvdo1_500.jpg (145KB, 482x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndxq8rXyzG1sr7dvdo1_500.jpg
145KB, 482x750px
>>81408942
So is Damian.
>>
>>81408093
He was there when Dick's parents died.

He caught Jason stealing his tires.

Tim actually came TO HIM after Jason died.

And Talia hand-delivered Damien to his doorstep.
>>
>>81409008
shame on you no sex stuff !
>>
File: bestrobins.jpg (59KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
bestrobins.jpg
59KB, 500x385px
>>81409050
>>
>>81409084
i LIKE THAT :D
>>
>>81409008
>literally hides her like a mistress

he definitely wants the Superdick
>>
>>81409084
The level of hate sex Jason and Damian would have.
>wew
>>
>>81409144
Can't wait for Supersons
>>
>>81409186
it's like DC finally realized there was a market for Superbat and sidekick porn
>>
>>81406938
how is this SJW? why is this trash?
>>
>>81408876
I figure he started actually fucking catwoman cause he realized maybe his whole Chaste Action Man thing was leading to stupid shit like this.
>>
>>81406938
Christ this place is getting oversensitive.

Making a character who should be brown brown isn't fucking tumblr, it's a good artist.
>>
>>81409300
>should be brown

Again

There are plenty of mixed-race, Arab and Chinese people who have pale skin

Go ahead and tell them "You should be brown! Why aren't you brown?"
>>
>>81409390
Oh my god Anon, you can't just ask people why they're not brown.
>>
>>81409390
Seriously what is your problem with Damian being brown anon?
>>
>>81409390
>Whitewashing your mixed race characters
Why would you do this?
>>
>>81409463
He never said he had a problem with Damian being brown. There's simply no assumption of brownness that can be made purely on background here.
>>
Arab folk have pretty fare skin.
>>
>>81409177
There is shockingly little content for that pairing

Jason literally fucked Talia and they all write him wanting to fuck Bruce, it seems logical.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/386556

Have my favourite fic btw
>>
>>81409512
WEE ARE NOT BULLSHIT !
>>
>>81409512
Not really.
>>
>all this cancerous yaoi
God dammit /co/
>>
>>81409506
>he said he doesn't have a problem woth Damian being brown
Than why is he so against it?
>>
File: 618.png (155KB, 624x403px) Image search: [Google]
618.png
155KB, 624x403px
>>81409557
Welcome to /co/, newfriend!
>>
>>81409390
Something you can't seem to comprehend is that comics are a vosual medium. When you draw a character as white you're pretty much saying that character is white. Damian isn't white so this is a problem.
>>
>>81408774
It's not that DC wanted to push her as a supervillain, Morrison just wanter to use ehr as that. It's because the sotory was heavily influenced by his parents divorce and he clearly has mommy issues
>>
>>81407403
>Why would Ra's even go to Woodstock
Isn't he some sort of environmentalist hippy sort of dude? It was the thing back then.

>>81407818
>His father just told him to stop killing people
Killing people is a core part of his hashassamite heritage. Batman needs to check his privlige.

>>81408556
I am reminded of that one north korean propaganda video. I'm imagining a batman variant

>Here we have billionaire bruce wayne. He has chosen not to marry, and have children. Instead, he spends his time in corrupt crime filled parts of the city shopping for orphans.
>>
>>81407403
>Why would Ra's even go to Woodstock

That's one of my favorite things about R'as and considering its a detail straight from his creator I think its interesting that R'as isn't living in constant isolation in his own corner of the world, but rather being a conscious observer. Like he'll just go out for weeks or months at a time and just live in the world.
>>
>>81409818
>Damian is kept in isolation
>except for grandfather/grandson outing to Live Earth
Grandfather why do all these peasants smell funny
>>
File: 45716531_p1.png (204KB, 941x700px) Image search: [Google]
45716531_p1.png
204KB, 941x700px
This was a great book. I wish they would continue it.
>>
>>81409972
I wish we had a comic with a good bad
daddy guys.
Scott Snyder batman is not batman for me.
why do people love Scott Snyder ?
I hate him personal..
>>
>>81409785
He's an environmentalist but he's also a depopulationist who thinks the solution to Earth's problems is killing off most of humanity.

Wouldn't fit with the whole "give peace a chance" vibe of 70's hippies
>>
>>81409972
Dami is so cute :)
>>
guys Tim was the first robin with Pants !
>>
>>81409972
Batman and Sons is a pretty funny comic about Batdad, only thing is the author hates Damian for some reason, so it has Terry instead.

>http://the-blackcat.deviantart.com/gallery/
>>
>>81409715
So you're saying the medium necessitates erasing all non-Europeans with light skin? Or is that not a problem as far as you're concerned?

Is Silk white? Because she's drawn with white skin.
>>
>>81409903
>>81410155

>That, is the smell of the well meaning, but critically weak and flawed purging themselves.
>>
>>81410240
who is Silk ?
>>
>>81410296
Korean-American Spider-Man spinoff.
>>
Batdaddy and Dami
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>81409532
>“That means,” Jason gave him a wry grin and a teasing squeeze. “You have a massive cock.”

>Damian Wayne was a trained actor, but he couldn’t even pretend to be humble if he tried. “Oh, I don’t know,” he said softly, as the he grabbed Jason’s hand and unceremoniously shoved it down his pants to get a good feel-around, “Is this considered large?”

>“You asshole. You know. Don’t tell me you’ve never showered with a bunch of other boys and noticed them looking at you.”

>Damian tsked him for that. “I don’t shower with other boys,” he drawled, “I never went to public school, except that one week when I went undercover and I…” his voice turned breathy and his hips bucked as Jason really started to put the moves on him. “…saved…every…one…”

>For a split second, Jason wondered if Damian’s father had the same equipment down there. Then, he couldn’t decide if he was disturbed or turned on by that, or both, and decided to focus back on the task at hand.

Jesus... This story's amazing, how have I never heard of this author before.
>>
>>
>>81410467
You've never read kleine_aster?!

Happy masturbating anon, it's gonna be a good day for you. Read this next: http://archiveofourown.org/works/496656/chapters/869972 Then maybe their Dick/Midnighter one?
>>
>>
File: Batman-and-bluebird.png (1MB, 1366x766px) Image search: [Google]
Batman-and-bluebird.png
1MB, 1366x766px
>>
>>81410592
I HATE HER I HOPE SHE DIE :)
>>
>>81410240
She is drawn as an asian, Damian is being whitewashed. There's a difference.
>>
>>81407161
>>81407403

If I recall correctly that comics is about like, things that suck in real life but are cool during sex or something like that. I think the artist was a bit distraught about how it came across when taken out of context.
>>
>>81410544
I've just started the ASBAR verse one where Batman and Vicki Vale have a 3-way with Dick Grayson, age 12.
>its some well written smut.
>>
>>81410621
Oh 11 year old Arab child, this warmed me slightly to you.
>>
>>81410621
>>81410156

Honestly is this some kind of reverse trolling?
>>
>>81410656
:)
>>
File: bashar-al-assad.jpg (485KB, 2200x1467px) Image search: [Google]
bashar-al-assad.jpg
485KB, 2200x1467px
>>81410641
Pic related is a black-haired, blue-eyed Arab, identical to Damian. Is he whitewashed too?

Or is this just about you assuming Arabs are all one uniform brown group?
>>
>>81410240
>so you're saying-
Stop, don't put words in my mouth to to distract from the argument. This is about how Damian is being portrayed as another white Robin despite the fact that he isn't.
>>
File: look a white person.jpg (71KB, 608x460px) Image search: [Google]
look a white person.jpg
71KB, 608x460px
>>81410698
I'm paraphrasing things you're saying to point out why your argument isn't as convincing as you think it is. This is about how you think people with white skin are automatically European by descent..
>>
>>81410237
I think the comic started before Damien existed, though I didn't know new episodes had been drawn.
>>
>>81410652
Yeah, I read that one too. Pretty hot. She really likes ASBAR Dick, she wrote this CRAZY like novel where Nu52 Bruce/Dick meet ASBAR Bruce/Dick and Bruce has sex with ASBAR Dick? And there's consequences? And it's smutty.
>>
>>81410697
It's about how >>81406202
>>81406288 is simply a better look for Damian. It's about how drawing Damian as another as a small clone of bruce is a lazy design. Really it's about you being afraid a non-white character because of your fragile white ego.
>>
>>81410757
No you're just trying to make it about that. You don't have any reason why Damian shouldn't be brown so now you're derailing the conservation.
>>
File: 1439913341839.jpg (130KB, 598x840px) Image search: [Google]
1439913341839.jpg
130KB, 598x840px
>>81410825
Nah it's about you preferring brown characters because you accomplished nothing in life and want to blame whiteys for it.
WE WUZ ROBINZ etcetera.
>>
>>81410825
>Really it's about you being afraid a non-white character because of your fragile white ego.

Topkek, I'm a mixed guy and my skin actually is about the color of your standard-issue paper bag. Do you want me to post pics to confirm now?

This is mostly about the fact that I'm not an autist.

>>81410872
I don't have a reason why Damian shouldn't be brown and I don't have a reason why he should be brown either.
>>
>>81410872
He shouldn't be brown because he wasn't created brown.
>>
>>81410825
Look, more Arabs

Look at how brown they are
>>
>>81410757
>I'm deliberately misquoting you in an attempt to avoid the topic at hand.
We're not talking about real life, we're talking about comics. We wouldn't have a black character with light skin, blonde hair and blue eyes even though they're black people with light skin or blonde hair or blue eyes. All you're doing is defendoig whitewashing and pretending that this isn't what you're doing.
>>
>>81410911
Do it. Post pics and shownus that you're not a white guy.
>>
>>81411000
Because there is a definite black phenotype that defies that kind of portrayal. There is no definite Arab phenotype.
>>
>>81410988
Are you saying that they are no dark-skinned arabs? Are you saying that all arabs are pale skinned?
>>
>>81411051
No, I'm saying there are plenty of pale-skinned Arabs to defy the charge of "whitewashing".
>>
>>81410788
she's not a Morrison fan apparently so I think she just tends to ignore Damian.
>>
>>81411073
It's still white-washing. Choosing to draw Damian as white is like choosing to draw all black woman with light skin and straight hair, there's a lot of thise in real life but the issue is about
>Visual diversity
>representation of those who can't 0ass as white
>creativity
>>
File: rememberwhenalltheamvshadthis.png (184KB, 600x571px) Image search: [Google]
rememberwhenalltheamvshadthis.png
184KB, 600x571px
>>81411149
>Windows Phone
Thanks for the tip to disregard literally everything you say
>>
>>81410797
>tfw I know what fic you're talking about
A great one, that is.
>>
>>81411149
Oh yeah I believe that's totally you and not some pic you got from Google images.
>>
>>81411125
>that grimdark Batface when he's glad someone thinks he's cool
>>
>>81411220
Again, then why does anyone make the argument that comics should reflect what they consider reality if you want everyone from a certain group portrayed in ways that aren't representative of the diversity within that group?

Tiger over in Midnighter is a brown Arab. I'm not throwing a fit about how that doesn't reflect a lot of the Arabs you see in a Dubai airport because again, I'm not an autist and I know Arabs are already a diverse group.

>>81411237
Cortana has a sexy voice and I'm not going to apologize for it

>>81411274
Reverse image search is your friendo
>>
Anyway I'm deleting the image now
>>
>>81409553
Yeah they do. Maybe cause you're white you don't think so, but it's true.
>>
>>81411388
Too late. I'm already masturbting with it. That's what you get for trying to argue logic with captain bait o matic there.
>>
>>81411364
I wouldn't call it white washing but it's more visually interesting for Damian to have a little colour to him and some Asian features. Otherwise he's just a green eyed Dick/jason/Tim

I was also for ginger Thor Jason btw

Also cortana is a garbage system though, they tried to force it on me for my surface. Just shit compared to Google now.
>>
File: index.jpg (5KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5KB, 226x223px
that is me :)
>>
>>81411364
Comics should be visually interesting and brown skinned al ghuls is a hundred time more interesting.
>>
I like that damian and I, we have the same skin color :)
but my eyes are brown
>>
>>81411470
Just clean up after you finish

>>81411611
So you're no longer arguing that they MUST be brown but that it would be more interesting if he were brown?
>>
>>81411687
I like that damian and I, we have the same skin color ..I think that's ok and it makes me proud..
>>
>>81411731
Cool, but personally I read comics for the soap opera drama and to commission porn sometimes, not to seek inspiration from fictional characters. Different strokes so the visual aspect isn't that important to me.
>>
>>81411687
They MUST be brown because brown looks better. It looks better because it's a different fare than the usual white people we get in comics. You're the dick who want a white Damian because apparently all arabs are white.
>>
I'm arabic and not white.
>>
>>81411816
Then surely absolutely everyone in comics should be brown if the goal was to be as visually interesting as possible?

I don't want a white Damian or a brown one or a black one, I just want Damian and I don't care about the color of his skin enough to shit myself about "whitewashing".
>>
>>81411864
>I don't care about character designs
That's an incredibly retarded statement anon.
>>
File: 2685090-batgril_cass.png (423KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
2685090-batgril_cass.png
423KB, 500x458px
>>81411900
I prefer whole-body costumes anyway.
>>
>>81406938
>settle

We've colonized you already! Back to >>>/pol/!
>>
>>81411864
Yeah can imagine how absolutely bland it would be if THE MAJORITY OF CHARACTERS ALL LOOKED ALIKE?
>>
File: tumblr_nsdz5jWeRA1sbbfwho9_540.jpg (138KB, 400x752px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsdz5jWeRA1sbbfwho9_540.jpg
138KB, 400x752px
>>81411928
Whole-body black costumes on heroes are the best for some reason
>>
File: takeyourhurtfeelings.png (725KB, 978x683px) Image search: [Google]
takeyourhurtfeelings.png
725KB, 978x683px
>>81411977
>the colour of a character's skin makes him interesting
>white people are boring lol!
>>
>>81408916
You're 10?
>>
>>81411687
The fact that they look more interesting with a darker skin tone is exactly why they must be brown. It just makes sense.
>>
>>81412040
>>
Isn't admitting to being under 18 an automatic ban
>>
>>81412033
The majority of characters are white anon. That's a boring design choice.
>>
>>81411993
>>
>>81412058
The mods don't care about this board, anon
>>
>>81412033
Fuck why does everyone have to be white in comics?
>>
>>81412058
>anyone banning in thread about comic
Too busy banning people in movie threads.
>>
banning me way?
>>
>>81412033
Visually, yeah it does make a character more interesting.
>>
>>81411481
Damian has blue eyes dumbass
>>
>>81410797
You gotta link there buddy?
>>
>>81412209
It's inconsistent. Even in Son of a Bitch he's had green at times.
>>
>>81412209
See>>81406187
>>81406202
>>81406288
>>
>>81412033
DC has a gajillion black haired blue eyed white guys, so yeah it's pretty boring.
>>
>>81412236
By son of bitch, are you referring to that crap movie? Because that obviously doesn't matter to what the main comics show.
>>
>>81412209
Not for the last five years, which you'd know if you read comics. They haven't been blue since the nu52 began.
>>
>>81412317
Read Robin SOB 9 then get back to me.
>>
>>81412285
He's talking about mini Damian had. We call Son of Bitch because the title was usually shorten to Robin:SoB and featured Talia who is a bitch.
>>
>>81412402
Admittedly am two months behind. But even if they made it so they were originally blue and his revival turned then green -- they're still green now, yeah?
>>
File: batmanandrobin39.jpg (293KB, 909x768px) Image search: [Google]
batmanandrobin39.jpg
293KB, 909x768px
>>81412317
Really? From B&R 39...
>>
>>81412459
There are 2 separate series with Damian, the first was the mini series Damian SoB and the second is the ongoing solo series Robin SOB. Talia has definitely not been a bitch in the later.
>>
>>81412560
No you dumb shit, read the comics.
>>
>>81412696
Nigga, just tell us whatever your point is. We're hardly 'dumb' for recognizing what they've been canonly coloured as for this whole run.
>>
>>81412233
http://archiveofourown.org/works/1003064/chapters/1986949
>>
>>81412666
Bruce is the bitch not Talia
>>
>>81410825

>you-you dirty white peoples and your complex of superiority!!

So are you projecting your own complex of superiority over white peoples or is it your way to cope with self-guilt over crimes neither you nor your ancestors did?

Also all those hypocritical faggots ITT whom actually talk of ARABS as if it was a fucking ethnicity/race. Arabic is a spoken language, like english or french. There is no true "Arabic" ethnicity, at least in the modern depiction of the concept, because the entire area is an utter clusterfuck of different ethnicity and religions that have been there for ages, with some being around the "Arabic" peninsula for millennials before them and the original "Arab" actually being Semitic peoples (aka jews). The majority of the modern Arab world aren't actually or are barely related to the dweller of the Arabic Peninsula ethnically and are referred to as such simply because they speak Arab due to the conquest of their land by earlier Muslim invasions. Of course we have to take into consideration that some of the conquering forces may have settled in their newly acquired dominion after the conquest, thus explaining the presence of haplogroups normally found in the midst of the Arabian peninsula as far as western Africa and India.

Also Arab =/= Muslim
>>
>>81412763
You're the one who said that I haven't been reading the last 5 years of comics.

You said something wrong, I corrected you.
>>
>>81412852
>Words: 39069
Nice
>>
File: image.jpg (589KB, 1603x2400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
589KB, 1603x2400px
Reminder of the shirtless Damian I've drawn.
>>
>>81410825
All liberal criticism of skin color usually originates from a sense of narcissism, I find.
>>
>>81413016
No
>>
>>81412977
Wait, are you talking about the scene where he's visiting Bruce at night and blue is literally shown reflected shining onto his face? I wouldn't use that as proof his eyes are blue, especially when the rest of that whole run they're green. It's pretty clearly an atmospheric effect.
>>
>>81413227
That's not the only time.
>>81412660
>>
>>81413396
Okay, I'll concede it didn't happen post-revival like I originally thought but everything since DCYou it's been green. So it hasn't been shown as blue for over a year, and there's nothing to indicate it's going back yet.

So sit down, jackass.
>>
>>81413207
And all reactionary criticism of skin color usually originates from a sense of entitlement as actual research shows.
>>
You people arguing over eye color do realize how inconsistent it is for a lot of characters right

Barbara has had both blue and green eyes too
>>
>>81413506
Fuck off harpie.
You can't expect rudeness to be rewarded with kindness.
>>
>>81413593
A lot of DC redheads went from blue to green around Zero Hour. It was weird.
>>
File: 1322707147303.jpg (7KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1322707147303.jpg
7KB, 184x184px
>>81413608
>>81412209
>>
File: 1441069716739.jpg (306KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1441069716739.jpg
306KB, 1280x1280px
>>81413593
>Babs with green eyes
Utterly disgusting.
>>
>>81408200
The role of Robin should've ended with Tim.
>>
>>81413651
That looks blue.

>>81413694
He shouldn't've had one after Jason.
>>
>>81408515
To be fair Bruce interacted with him in Zero Year and Endgame plus We Are Robin so the character was around before getting the job
>>
>>81413016

Now draw him pantless.
>>
>>81413879
No, anon
>>
File: 1434582646506.gif (52KB, 420x600px) Image search: [Google]
1434582646506.gif
52KB, 420x600px
>>81413765
>they look blue
As they should be.
>>
>>81413897

Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>81413967
That's no way to ask for art anon.
>>
>>81413879
You'll have to pay me for that.

No joke, I will actually do it if you pay me.
>>
>>81414029
>>81414177

Start drawing already. You are here to entertain me and probably have nothing better to do.
>>
>>81414248
Nope, give me money and I'll end it privately.

After all, can't have underage stuff flying around publically.
>>
>>81414795
Didn't stop Ricken from getting work at DC, anon
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.