[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finally started watching this and caught up with the current

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 516
Thread images: 146

File: is dis peri srs.jpg (84KB, 541x477px) Image search: [Google]
is dis peri srs.jpg
84KB, 541x477px
I finally started watching this and caught up with the current season.

Can we talk about it?
>>
>>81402605
No.
>>>/trash/
>>
Alright, shoot anon. What did you like? Dislike? Did anything in particular resonate with you? The show gets pretty feely at times, but even moreso when it deals with issues relevant to your personal life. Greg's and Rose's relationship caught me off guard because it was pretty beat for beat how I dealt with my last girlfriend.
>>
>>81402669
Greg and Rose's relationship was so cringey. Really should have been cut from the story.
>>
File: KVhmgA4.jpg (40KB, 699x637px) Image search: [Google]
KVhmgA4.jpg
40KB, 699x637px
>>81402688
>>
>>81402715
>Having an opinion is bait.
SU fans everyone.
>>
>>81402669
... Your last gf just wanted sex, didn't think of you as a person, always hung out with her lesbian best friend who was obviously still crushing on her, fell in love with you, and died in childbirth?
>>
>>81402737
And yet, people say this is kid's show.
Forces romance should not be in a cartoon.
>>
File: Bait_9aea5c_5515578.jpg (34KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
Bait_9aea5c_5515578.jpg
34KB, 625x626px
>>81402724
>having an opinion that directly conflicts with another's opinion without offering a reason for having it
>>
>>81402688
Anything specific you found cringe about it? Because it's hard to discuss it as a general cringe you just had about the relationship.
>>
>always enjoy picking the brain of an anon new to a series
>but never know what to ask
>>
>>81402669

>What did you like? Dislike?

I really dont like how many "filler" episodes there are where they just pad out episodes with dumb shit to take up space.

I just want more plot based episodes, instead of "lol, lets watch steven do wacky stuff with the townspeople."

But it seems like they are leading up to the end of Season 2, so the filler episodes are starting to dissapear, which is good.
>>
>>81402724
Then you're going to have to elaborate. Extensively.
That's basically the crux of the entire show's premise, anon. You can't just say it shouldn't be there.
>>
>>81402762
Yeah, I can see how that might be annoying if you're marathoning it. Watching it as they were released was pretty fun because you followed along with the fandom, who fully jumps on-board with content and speculation.

Might be worth it to just cut the filler when this is all done and see how that plays out.
>>
>>81402762
>I just want more plot based episodes, instead of "lol, lets watch steven do wacky stuff with the townspeople."
I love the plot of SU but seriously, fuck people like this.
>>
>>81402762
I feel like both our problems could be been fixed (or at least made better) by the total removal of any Renaldo episodes.
>>
File: spides.jpg (54KB, 551x459px) Image search: [Google]
spides.jpg
54KB, 551x459px
>>81402776
>>81402757
>>
File: smugness 1000%.jpg (43KB, 500x863px) Image search: [Google]
smugness 1000%.jpg
43KB, 500x863px
>>81402669
>>81402762

Oh, I also though it was a cool revelation that theres tons and tons of the same gems mass produced in those "kindergardens". I guess Diamonds are the only ones there arent copies of? Are all other gems spawned from the diamonds originally?

That smug ass pearl serving Yellow Diamond was pretty funny.
>>
>>81402793
I'd like to see someone skip the "filler" just to see how tripped up they'd be. There's no filler in SU.
>>
>>81402737
Mostly the first two, little bit of the third, none of the last two.

Then again I haven't seen her in over nine months.
>>
>>81402812
Spider-Man is right.
>>
>>81402762
What manga is SU trying catch up to?
>>
>>81402776
It shouldn't be there because romance is stupid.
>>
>>81402762
Yeah, shit like Onion Friend and Rising Tides really feels hollow and boring. But it's nice that the show has a large returning cast of side characters and occasionally throws them an episode?
>>
>>81402818
Yeah, the Homeworld backstory is pretty interesting, especially how it's being offered piecemeal to the audience. Similar to the "filler" episodes, it was pretty fun to watch and speculate with everyone.
>>
>>81402865
How was Onion Friend hollow and boring? It should a member of the Crystal Gems interaction with a human; that's pretty fucking rare.
>>
Have we heard from VocarooAnon since he finished season 1?
>>
File: handsome squidward.jpg (25KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
handsome squidward.jpg
25KB, 350x263px
>kept wondering why that one dude was called "Sour Cream"

>MFW episode with his family
>>
>>81402936
Honestly, human episodes have their own charm to them.
>>
>>81402902
Vidalia and Ame's gal pal thing was boring as shit. It didn't reveal anything about Amethyst (Besides her feeling like she doesn't fit in with the CGs, but we KNEW that from Tiger Millionaire and On The Run), and it didn't tell us anything about Vidalia besides her existing and being a shitty pile of 80's gurl cliches with some artist thrown on top
>>
>>81402958
Why does every interaction have to reveal lore and plot? I thought it was interesting to see Amethyst (who was born on earth) have a relationship outside of the Gems. It shows that she's really connected to Earth.
>>
>Stevens got the Highlander curse, and will remain ageless as Connie grows old
>>
>>81402762
I understand your frustrations with the 'filler' episodes, but if you take another look at those episodes you'll find in every one of them subtle lore or character related pieces (or tiny foreshadowing moments). In the end they might not be as exciting as the plot heavy episodes, but it's still a lot of fun to look for those tiny subtle pieces

>>81402908
No new vocaroo's unfortunately...however he did show up in the 'new episodes in June!!' threads. He asked for where to find S2 episode links
>>
>>81402958
>didn't tell us anything about Vidalia besides her existing and being a shitty pile of 80's gurl cliches with some artist thrown on top
It told us about her relationship with Marty, her new relationship with Yellowtail and why Onion can get away with shit.
>>
File: Asura.jpg (780KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Asura.jpg
780KB, 1280x720px
So what is the "end goal" of SU?

Are they going o topple and entire space empire and reform the government? Or are they just going to save earth and forever be rebels and leave it at that?

How badly will they get their asses beat when all the diamonds fuse to become the final boss?
>>
>>81403015
>80's

Not 90's?
>>
>>81403084
I think it's going to be, "Earth is off limits."

And maybe the CGs set their sights on a 'nearby' system that also needs protecting.
>>
>>81403084
Homeworld's empire depends entirely on the glorious rule of the Diamonds. If Steven can replace them, he can 'lead' Homeworld into the degenerate anarchy the CGs value so highly.
>>
>>81402991
Amethyst and Greg were TV buddies, and THAT was interesting. It's the only episode so far that deals with Amethyst and Rose's relationship.

Vidalia just feels made up and boring, like she was written in as an afterthought. If we never saw her again, nobody would really care enough to wonder why the show never came back to her. If we never saw Lars or Peedee, people would wonder what happened to them.

>>81403015
Oh, right, her relationship with Yellowtail.... Why the fuck was that a thing? I kinda remember her just handwaving it. No reason or explanation as to how their relationship works or what they see in eachother. Just "He was there". Anyways, Onion already had the absentee dad excuse.
>>
>>81403142

>Oh, right, her relationship with Yellowtail.... Why the fuck was that a thing?

It took me a bit to realize that Sourcream was the other guys son, and Onion was Yellowtails son. It finally clicked and i was like OOOOooooooohhhh.

But yeah maybe they will explain why she fell in love with yellowtail in another Onion episode?
>>
>>81403142
>Just "He was there"

You don't know women like that? Sluts in their youth, and once they get knocked up they get some beta to 'settle'.
>>
>>81403196
How beta is he if he's getting pussy while she takes care of the kids and home?
>>
>>81403142
>>81403176
The reason Vidalia loved Yellowtail was because he was a loving family man as opposed to Marty, who only looked after himself. It was pretty obvious from the episode.
>>
File: watusay.png (76KB, 247x253px) Image search: [Google]
watusay.png
76KB, 247x253px
Im actually still amazed at the effort thats put into this show. They must have gotten a hell of a budget to work with.

>DBZ magical girl fight with song and dance routine that matches the fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OWq38TikzU
>>
>>81402822
>Sadie's Song

That said, Onion Friend dropped a lot of subtle clues.
>>
File: 657987402.jpg (954KB, 1152x7920px) Image search: [Google]
657987402.jpg
954KB, 1152x7920px
>>81403239
He does? Where?

>takes care of the kids
How? While he's risking his life out on sea to feed his wife's kids, she paints pictures and let's the kids do what they want. Have you seen onion's room? She doesn't do shit.
>>
>>81403176

Because they wanted to demonstrate that type of family dynamic. Misunderstood bratty stepson who can't mesh with his stepdad, post-hardcore teen washed out into banal motherhood, Onion? The show has a mix of different family types.
>>
>>81403116
>Entire galaxys burn
Thats ok we still have earth
>>
Post your favorite to least favorite gems:
Peridot ≥ Pearl > Steven > Amethyst ≥ Garnet > Sapphire > Ruby > Lapis > Jasper

I put Lapis and Jasper at the bottom because we hardly know anything about them to be honest. I could see this change once we have some episodes focus on just either one of them
>>
File: tumblr_o0j27ePatl1sd1xkuo1_1280.png (220KB, 706x1146px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0j27ePatl1sd1xkuo1_1280.png
220KB, 706x1146px
>>81402992
Connie will never earth president/Queen if the people think she's dating a little boy!
>>
File: PEARLL.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
PEARLL.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>pearls are just servant slaves to higher ranking gems that they buy like pets

>peridot remarks that the pearl in the SU group is a "fancy one"
>>
>>81403496
Switch Peridot and Steven and you get my favourites.
>>
>>81402822
There's ton of skippable filler in SU. Of the second season episodes I watched maybe a third in entirely, and just skimmed through the rest of them quickly. I was binging the entire series in one go, so that possibly affected me getting tired of it and wanting to just get up to date quickly though.
>>
>>81403520
Our pearl can "dress" herself. Most of them probably just match her master color scheme and call it a day. The diamond's pearls are fancy since they're bottom bitches.

Fucking CAPTCHA is making play brain games.
>>
>>81403640
Now that you mention it, CG Pearl has colours of all the four Diamonds, that being Blue, Pink, White, and Yellow.
>>
So Amethyst was supposed to be a huge fuck built like a brick house like Rose if her growth cycle wasnt fucked up for some reason? Was peridot fucked up too, or are all peridots tiny fuckers with robot limbs?

But then Rubys and Saphires are tiny little shits too?

I find it weird how many short as fuck people are in this show.

>steven stopped growing when he was like 11 years old, and hes as tall as several older people on the show
>>
>>81403699
Quartzes are huge soldiers loyal to the diamonds.

Rubies are small common foot soldiers easy to sacrifice and replace.

Peridots are small gem workers.

Sapphire is a small rare aristocrat.

Lapis was seen in BD's court meaning lapis lazuli(s) are high class gems or at least have the potential to be.
>>
>>81403699
Peridots are meant to be small and weak. They are produced for technical purposes anyway, not for fighting. I guess they compensate their physical weakness for brainpower though
I'm not sure if regular Amethysts are suppose to be as tall as Rose Quartz, but at least they should be twice the size of our Amethyst
>>
>>81402688
Hi there Rosepearl shipper.

Or hi there, Pearl.
>>
File: 1458014952142.jpg (122KB, 600x491px) Image search: [Google]
1458014952142.jpg
122KB, 600x491px
>>81403699

Tiny Gems seem to be a common thing on homeworld. Rubies, Saphires, and apparently Peridots are all tiny and apparently subservient.

A Gems size also seems to be relevant to how powerful they are or how high up they are in status. Rubies and Peridot are the shortest we've seen, and they seem to be grunts. Lieutenants like Jasper and Rose-Quartz are well over eight feet tall, and the diamonds themselves are fucking enormous. Gems seem to come in all sizes.

As far as Sapphire is concerned, despite being tiny, we know she's apparently a noble, but also serving as a pawn, albeit a very rare kind of one. Little gems appear to act as servants to the bigger gems. This would also explain why the homeworld looks down on cross-gem fusion, because two weaker gems like Sapphire and Ruby could suddenly become a gem even stronger than a Jasper, and challenge their whole caste system
>>
>>81403699
Some Gems are just short, and Steven is only short because he's a child.
>>
>>81402688

Go to bed, Pearl
>>
They need to do more episodes that show how things work in gem society.

Maybe its not all that bad, and the Crystal gems are just terrorists.
>>
>>81403973
>They need to do more episodes
ftfy
>>
>>81403973
Didn't seem like it, from what Homeworld was planning to do with Earth.
>>
>>81403699
Sadie and her mom are short.

Peedee and Onion are around Steven's age.

Nanafua is old.

Steven is usually around everyone's hip height.
>>
>>81403973

Gems are elitist pricks who dont even shutter at the thought of committing mass genocide for their own purposes. Terracide, even, They consider organic life to be about as valuable as insects. Or less.

More homeworld episodes would be fucking great though. Given that Peridot has mentioned that homeworld is "different" now from when she used to live there, they would need to show episodes from before the gems came to earth, and after. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire Earth incident had changed all of gem society completely.
>>
>>81404062

>Sadie and her mom are short.

Nah man. Sadies mom was pretty tall, and built like a fucking truck. Shes the mail lady with the knee brace.
>>
>>81404114

>Sadie has no dad
>Sour Cream has no confirmed dad
>Peedee has no confirmed mom
>Stevens mom is dead. Or is his own mom, or something

What the fuck is wrong with Beach City's parents?
>>
>>81404088

>Gems are elitist pricks who dont even shutter at the thought of committing mass genocide for their own purposes. Terracide, even, They consider organic life to be about as valuable as insects. Or less.

To be fair, when they first showed up on earth, humans were just a bunch of savages that may or may not have had loin cloths, clubing each others heads in for food with sticks and rocks.

They probably havent encountered any other sentient life, and humans were just some more animals to not give a fuck about to make their next space outpost and baby factory.
>>
>>81404136

>>Sour Cream has no confirmed dad

Gregs old manager is Sourcreams dad.
>>
File: 1437899170871.png (122KB, 241x358px) Image search: [Google]
1437899170871.png
122KB, 241x358px
>>81404136
>>Sour Cream has no confirmed dad
we not counting implied dads?
>>
>>81403997
People act like Homeworld originally had malice against humans and the Earth.

People chopping down trees in the forest aren't going out of their way to hurt the wildlife but they're not there to help them either. The animals just happen to live near a resource that we need.

Yellow diamond now holds a grudge against the Earth due to eco hippies.
>>
>>81404088
>Given that Peridot has mentioned that homeworld is "different" now from when she used to live there

You probably meant Lapis didn't you? Anyway it's still going to be really interesting on what both Peridot and Lapis could share about Homeworld. The Crystal Gems were secluded and completely clueless about the state of Homeworld for a very long time now. Now, both Peridot and Lapis are pretty valuable already for being able to fill in the blanks
>>
>>81404171

Shit, is that confirmed? Or just alluded to?

Either way, he sure isn't around anymore.
>>
>>81404171
>>81404276
Alluded. But it's a theory I could honestly see for being true in the end
>>
>>81404088

>Peridot has mentioned

Lapiz. Meant Lapiz. Whatever. Though Peridot has mentioned several times now that technology is fucking lightyears ahead of what it was back during the Earth invasion
>>
>>81404290

Its a pretty fucking solid theory. Sour Cream looks like Greg's manager. Sour Cream talks, Yellowtail and Onion don't. Sour Cream is fascinated by music. Its hardly even subtle.
>>
>>81404276
>>81404290
What theory? Go watch onion friend.
>>
>>81404313
>>81404318
Of course it's fucking obvious, but it's never been confirmed by any of the characters in the show
>>
>>81402808
This.

Renaldo/Sandy eps are the only ones I truly hate. Everyone else is either kind of funny, introduces a returning plot point, or not complete fuck ups.
>>
>>81404359
Well, how would you even bring that up?
The Gems won't care, Onion does not speak, Sour Cream sure as hell won't go around reminding people, Greg needs a prompt to ever tell Steven about anything...
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 709x1000px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 709x1000px
I jerked it to this cover countless time when I was a kid.
>>
>>81404699
Yes, and?
>>
>>81403699
>>81403809
>>81403943

Height is status in Gem society. That's why Diamonds and Quartzes are so highly regarded, why Peridot used limb enhancers, and even why Pearls are (normal) human sized- by having tall pearls, their owners are flaunting their status even higher ("even my handmaiden is better than you").

Rubies, being Corundums like Sapphire, I feel have a similar total rank to Sapphire and Yellow Diamond's corundum/sapphire Crysoparas or something.

Rubies I feel are divide and conquer soldiers employed by Pink Diamond. It's extremely useful to have a number of small soldiers that can infiltrate a location then fuse to wreck havoc, instead of sending in the already big Quartzes.
>>
File: 1458334402335.png (122KB, 523x568px) Image search: [Google]
1458334402335.png
122KB, 523x568px
>I never believed in this place

What did she mean by this?
>>
>>81404994
That she never believed Earth could've been great.
>>
>>81404994
>Earth was a mistake
>>
>>81404945
Ah, it's Padparadscha for the pink-orange Corundum gems.

So going off my color theory, each type of Corundum is for a different Diamond.

Sapphire is Blue
Ruby is Pink
Padparadscha is Yellow
Emery (black ore/rock made from corundum) is White Diamond.

Quartzes work the same way-

Rose Quartzes for Pink
Jaspers for Yellow
Amethysts for Blue
And likely Smoky Quartzes for White.
>>
>>81404994
Lapis wanted to destroy the Earth, which is ridiculous because she is probably the most powerful gem on Earth
>>
>>81405009
>Make earth great again!
>>
File: IrVnVGC.jpg (548KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IrVnVGC.jpg
548KB, 1024x1024px
>>81405385
>>
>>81405016

>And Smoky Quartz for White.

>YFW Peridot's "Holy smokes!" line from the leaks is in fact foreshadowing to Smoky Quartz being a paladin-type warrior.

I feel like, aside from various birthstones, Smoky Quartz is one of the most likely gems to show up in the future, simply because we've already seen the other three most famous types of quartz in the show.
>>
>>81405432
Isn't Rose Quartz more of a paladin-type Gem?
>>
>>81402865
onion friend was good to me because, IMO, interaction with gems other than Steven is the easiest way to help make make the human characters seem a bit more interesting and relevant to the show

also, now that we've seen the Watermelon Society, i'm getting the strong sense that Onion People created by Rose have assimilated into human society and have been interbreeding with them for a long time
>>
>>81405456
Rose Quartz are the healing-type paladins, while Smoky Quartz are the smiting-type paladins.
>>
>>81405456

Rose seems like she'd be more suited to a medical role than a spiritual one, when she's not leading a rebellion.
>>
>>81403457
a lot depends on whether they can make gems from planets with no life, or just plant life

I hope they actually answer that because it seems like something that could get glossed over depending on where the story goes
>>
>>81405489
she's more of an overall support toolkit - healing, tanking, and summoning cannon fodder minions
>>
>>81402822
I skipped historical friction and love letters. Did I miss anything?
>>
>>81404225
>Doesn't mention jasper, a gem that has been around since earth was under gem ownership and has lived all 5 thousand years on homeworld

If anything jasper is the best they've got at the moment as she can tell both side of the story since she's experienced it
>>
>>81405571
Historical Friction was a fun episode with some CG lore.
>>
>>81404136
Sugar had mommy issues
>>
>>81405571
A valuable lesson about love.
>>
File: anything for a fan.png (1MB, 1280x3008px) Image search: [Google]
anything for a fan.png
1MB, 1280x3008px
>>81405571
>Historical Friction
You missed development on Steven and Pearl's relationship, also what >>81405584 said. I'd strongly suggest watching it.
>Love Letters
Garnet explains how she's in a relationship, kind of.
>>
>>81405572
The thing is, we don't have any clue in what way Jasper is going to be further developed. She might get redeemed or she might not. With Lapis and Peridot it's very clear these two are going to spend a lot more time with the CG soon.
Who knows Jasper might spill some beans one day, but I was only stating from what we've seen so far.
>>
>>81405571
You missed Jamie's entire character arc!

but seriously it was a relief that he wound up not quite being another pure cringe character like he seemed to be in Love Letters
>>
>>81405584
>>81405602
>>81405626
>>81405899
Soooo absolutely nothing then? Ok. And they tell me there's no filler in SU.
>>
>>81405479
>A 4channer equivalent fucked an onion.

I can see this being true.
>>
All I want from SU now is Peridot having some kind of tsundere/jealousy streak when she sees Connie and Steven together

I know, I'm scum, I can't help it though
>>
>>81405993
Why though, Peridot showed absolutely no interest in Steven as a partner. She at best thinks (begrudgingly) that he's more than meets the eye, but she has absolutely no hots for her.

Amethyst though... Now we're talking.
>>
>>81406066
This. It seems Amethyst and Peridot have some chemistry that might bloom at some point
>>
>>81405947
Historical Friction isn't filler.
>>
>>81406066
jealousy doesn't have to come from romantic feelings, people can be jealous of their friends spending time with/getting close to other people
>>
File: poil08.png (405KB, 609x681px) Image search: [Google]
poil08.png
405KB, 609x681px
>>81403512
>implying the great /ss/ revolution isn't coming
>>
>>81406702
It's not coming.
>>
>>81406702
It'll end just like your last revolution. Four women in a cave hiding for thousands of years from the superior /ll/ forces.
>>
>>81406743
>implying /ss/teven isn't Rose's great super weapon to finally end the Pedo Wars
>>
>>81406783
>a superweapon that can be killed by not feeding it
kek
>>
>>81406950
Good luck trying to starve someone who has access to food everywhere.
>>
>>81407069
Easy peasy, just cut off the access to the food.
>>
>>81407093
There are a lot of food stands near the temple, and the fridge is usually stocked with food assuming Amethyst doesn't eat one fifth of it every two days.
>>
>>81407138
There is no food in space though.
>>
File: 1443507815916.png (64KB, 307x520px) Image search: [Google]
1443507815916.png
64KB, 307x520px
Lapisfag reporting in
>>
I caught an episode today on CN while trying to cure a hangover. It looks weird, disjointed and completely off the rails, not in a good way. It seems to me they're going for the Regular Show shtick without understanding how to write a story, characters or a fucking joke. It's just zany for the sake of being zany and quirky for the sake of being quirky. Like fucking Adventure Time only worse.
>>
File: Lapis fucking killed Steven.png (784KB, 1280x1254px) Image search: [Google]
Lapis fucking killed Steven.png
784KB, 1280x1254px
>>81407165
If they're going to space, they could easily bring lots of rations with them, and food-producing shit and whatnot.
>>81407172
Lapis is a killer.
>>
File: cookie cat background.png (103KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
cookie cat background.png
103KB, 640x360px
just an fyi: there is going to be a 2 hour SU block on CN starting at 12pm, EDT.

have some Cookie Cats in the meantime.
>>
>>81407200
What was the episode about? Do you remember it's name? It sounds like you're describing the episode Garnet's Universe.
>>
>>81407213
Still. the thing is that Steven himself can't produce rations on his own, and he will eventually die if he gets cut away from the supply.
>>
>>81402758
Yo hold up don't worry, I got this.

HEY OP

WHO'S YOUR WAIFU, FAGGOT?
>>
File: NoNeedToCry.png (151KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
NoNeedToCry.png
151KB, 500x277px
Have you ever cried while watching SU?
>>
>>81407230
I can't remember any of the names but:
>little fat kid follows some blue bitch with pointy nose in parallel universe or some shit
>there were those fucking Abatap mountains
>he almost falls to his death
>she din't give no fucks
>he cheers her up with some fucking weird-ass lion
>by pulling every possible thing from the lion's gory mane
>there's a montage
>they make up
>they go back
>there was some weird robot that looked like a 70's Nicki Minaj

I fucking hated it
>>
File: family.jpg (37KB, 352x293px) Image search: [Google]
family.jpg
37KB, 352x293px
>>81407267
There are various theories that Steven doesn't actually need to eat, drink, or breathe, but that's not been proven yet.
>>81407320
I cried to the extended intro.
>>
>>81407335
You watched the episodes Rose's Scabbard and Coach Steven, they're both very loved by SU fans.
>>
>>81407335
You fucking twat. That's 'Rose's Scabbard', a touching lore episode which doesn't make any sense without having seen any of the previous episodes. It's impossible to compare this (and especially this episode) to Regular Show
>>
File: 1459638661504.png (110KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1459638661504.png
110KB, 600x600px
>>81407344
He nearly died of lack of oxygen once
>>
>>81407360
Well I thought it was absolutely terrible.
>>
>>81407431
Did you watch it dubed?
>>
>>81407431
Because that episode is very, very hard to understand without any context.
>>
File: 135629184851.jpg (36KB, 488x358px) Image search: [Google]
135629184851.jpg
36KB, 488x358px
>>81407200
>It seems to me they're going for the Regular Show shtick without understanding how to write a story, characters or a fucking joke. It's just zany for the sake of being zany and quirky for the sake of being quirky. Like fucking Adventure Time only worse.
The fuck? how on earth could you get RS vibes from this?
>>
>>81407431
You need context for that episodes
Do some research, some of the episodes, usually involving the town, aren't too lore related and you can watch them whenever, but the more plot-focused ones need to be in order

come back to roses scabbard after understanding you and it'll get you right in the feels
>>
>>81407448
I don't watch anything dubbed. Not animoo, not chink films, the only thing I remember watching dubbed was Aguirre.

>>81407451
I thought that she was a bitch for almost letting him die and still being very much upset at him. And he was a bitchboy for still trying to cheer her up after almost falling to his doom while she was not giving a shit. That fucking iron lion zion was too weird for me too. Not to mention >>81407344 blaxploitation Nicki Minaj seen here. I'll avoid this like the plague from now on.
>>
>>81407431
No shit sherlock. Of course without context it's trash
>>
File: 1426292620231.png (714KB, 623x780px) Image search: [Google]
1426292620231.png
714KB, 623x780px
>>81407200
>>81407335
>starts on episode 45
>surprised when he doesn't know or enjoy what's going on
>>
Why people reply to the bait?
>>
File: Steven garnet shrug.jpg (26KB, 250x215px) Image search: [Google]
Steven garnet shrug.jpg
26KB, 250x215px
>>81407335

>there was some weird robot that looked like a 70's Nicki Minaj
>Have to look up 70's Nicki Minaj realize that you mean Garnet.

Also that episode was the crux of a huge character arc, and a lot of what you described is based around context established in previous episodes. Also it sounds like you jumped in at the middle of the episode, the lion was pretty key from the beginning of it.

I still can't even begin to understand how you'd get an RS vibe from that though.
>>
>>81407335
This has to be b8

no one could actually be retarded enough to judge a plot and character driven series from a mid season episode
>>
File: 1457455179131.gif (997KB, 540x539px) Image search: [Google]
1457455179131.gif
997KB, 540x539px
>>81407511
You're calling Garnet "blaxploitation Nicki Minaj"?

And Pearl wasn't upset at Steven, not at all. She was upset at his dead mother, Rose. And she did give a shit about Steven almost falling to his death, there was just nothing she could do.

Watch the first 12 episodes, and if you like it, move on to watching the first 25 episodes.
>>
Will you retards stop telling him to get context? He is obviously dead set on not liking it so just move on and accept it. Not everyone has to like the show just because we do and you don't have to defend it against someone who doesn't like it
>>
File: 9fag.jpg (30KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
9fag.jpg
30KB, 320x320px
>>81407571
>>
>>81407586
Wait what happened?
>>
File: trying too hard.png (405KB, 1102x2097px) Image search: [Google]
trying too hard.png
405KB, 1102x2097px
>>81407571
/sug/ is really, REALLY easy to bait
>>
>>81407596
Some dude started watching Rose's Scabbard in the middle of the episode and thought it looked like RS.
>>
>>81407564
this. He should have started with episode 24.
>>
>>81407583

Dude Im not even that guy but come on don't try and defend her not doing anything when he nearly fell to his death
That was a fucked up thing to do no matter how distraught she was
>>
>>81407596
See: literally every post above yours for the last 17 minutes
>>
File: lpd.png (298KB, 544x569px) Image search: [Google]
lpd.png
298KB, 544x569px
>>81407564
I think that's the problem with Steven Universe, it doesn't really fit the CN random episode schedule.
I must admit that I thought the same the first time I watched an episode on CN.
>>
>>81407622
It was fucked up, yeah, but was there anything she could do?
>>
>>81407653
>@
HOW?

>>81407647
Maybe act like she gave a shit.
>>
>>81407647
>climb down and pick him up
>use her magical gem powers to make a bunch of holo pearls to form a human chain to grab him
>do anything other than cry
It was fucked up and there is no way around it. Steven could have dropped to his death and all she did was go back to crying.
>>
>>81407663
On top of the platform she put distance between herself and the sword, and she was covering her face while crying. To me, that looked like she was horrified at herself for not doing anything to help him.
>>
>>81407689
What? Man you autistic as fugg :D:D
>>
>>81407685
Steven had his lion, he's got a bubble, he has a shield, and he's extremely resilient in comparison to normal humans, I think he'd be fine.
>>
>>81407713
So falling 20 gorillion miles would not hurt him because he's more resilient? Lad
>>
There are 2 things that are on my mind about Steven Universe.

1. Is humanity in this universe more advanced than us due to reverse engineering gem tech? I could see something like the USA and Soviet Russia fighting for control of a former gem area, or Nazi Germany believing that they were the Atlantians.

2. Where the hell is the government? A fucking space ship just crashed into the earth, and you mean to tell me that NOBODY, not even the fucking United States government, would be sending in Black Ops teams to capture and research whatever it is they had there?
>>
File: 1459671462654s.jpg (4KB, 124x125px) Image search: [Google]
1459671462654s.jpg
4KB, 124x125px
>>81402859
>>
>>81407750
Your putting way too much thought in a child's cartoon. Is every fan of the show overthinking it to the extreme?
>>
>>81407776
The autistic shitposter is in the thread, stop replying to him.
>>
>>81407713
God pearl fags will go any length to defend their waifu.
She is a fucked up neurotic gem who stood by as Steven who she claims to love could have been greviously injured. Yes she was crying and caught up in her emotions. Yes she was not thinking straight. But she still didnt do anything to help him when he was in need and it was a fucked up thing to do that could have led to his death.
>>
>>81407750
Government shit is boring and its clearly not heavily involved in Su's story.
>>
>>81407750
The gem colonisation is probably very present in human culture. I think the humans we see are very different from us. We would blow this planet up before giving it to some lesbian space rocks. These humans have felt the power of an intergalactic lesbian empire. They're still a subjugated race, living on a planet that's not theirs. Even after the retreat of Homeworld, its technology is controlling earth on autopilot.
>>
>>81407789
>>81407803
Gravity Falls had it, I don't see why SU can't.
>>
>>81405432
Leaks? What?
>>
>>81407789
Yes.
>>81407750
They will never address either of those things in the show and you will have to accept it. The only goverment official you will ever see if Mayor Dewey.
>>
>>81407750
The government and human military exist, they are dealing with "more important things" according to one of the crew members.
>>
>>81407835

The old leaks from February, nothing new.
>>
>>81407842
source?
>>
>>81407789
Have you seen some of the hints they've dropped in past episodes? The show is obviously made to be overanalyzed.
>>
>>81407747
I said he has a shield and a bubble, and also his lion who has teleportation abilities. He would probably be fine.
>>81407750
1: SU takes place in an alternative timeline where the Gems changed human history. For example, World War 2 didn't happen in SU. 2: I don't think the humans have gotten access to Gem-tech, it seems to be all locked up tight inside the temple.
>>81407789
You'd be surprised.
>>81407801
I'm not a Pearlfag, and she's not my waifu.
And you're still implying I don't think it was a fucked up thing for Pearl to not help Steven, and it was fucked up of her to not help him.
>>
>>81407200
The fuck? This is probably one of the least zany/quirky shows airing right now.
>>
>>81407750
The goverment would be an extraneous element in the SU story and it would clash with the tone of the story (this isn't NGE).

In fact the character of Mayor Dewey exists to make it a point that the goverment is entirely dependent on the gems to keep Earth safe.
>>
I have never watched the show 2bh, but from what I see in this thread the fans are even more autistic than Adventure Time's fans.
>>
>>81407864
Matt Burnnet trolling people on his twitter and people taking it seriously.
>>
>>81407864
i believe Matt said that a while back but I cannot source the tweet.
>>
>>81407904
True. Don't let autistic fans dictate what you want to watch though. And I appreciate you not just calling us MLP
>>
>>81407900
he got that from watching Rose Scabbard, got to be a troll.
>>
>>81407907
>The military are dealing with more important stuff.
>HAHA JUST KIDDING EPICALLY TROLLED! XD

this meme is retarded
>>
File: Banana.png (210KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Banana.png
210KB, 1024x768px
>>81407904
It's probably true.
>>
>>81407900
It's that same old shitposter who obsessively posts in every SU thread and somehow manages to be more autistic than the entire fandom combined. Which is saying something.
>>
File: hyper war.png (282KB, 317x1442px) Image search: [Google]
hyper war.png
282KB, 317x1442px
>>81407925
>MLP
I have no idea if there's overlap. This is the 1st time I ever tread in a SU thread and the only impression I get is that it's Adventure Time only with Finnish Autism on top of the regular one.
I don't see the cancer so many complaintfags on this board are bitching about
>>
>>81407904
AT is not good enough to get obsessed over, so its true.
>>
>>81407942
An intergalactic empire wants to wipe out your planet. What would be more important to the human race?
>>
>>81407942
>trusting anything Matt "the father of lies" Burnett says
>regularly fucks with fans and misleads them
>but no this true because I want it to be
Come on now
>>
>>81407980
Not anymore anyway. People really got into it back when it was still good
>>
File: 1455180291627.jpg (1MB, 1400x2884px) Image search: [Google]
1455180291627.jpg
1MB, 1400x2884px
When will the lapis episode air i need my lapis please rebecca you've had your fun with the peridot arc now please start the lapis arc already oh god i cant take waiting this long for my princess to return please rebecca make steven universe great again please bring back my sweet lapis
>>
>>81407904
>Judging something based on its fans.

That's pretty retarded and frankly, downright intellectually dishonest.

You don't even have a shred of context for what's being said here so of course it sounds retarded.
I mean, what did you fucking expect, to turn up here and just get everything we're talking about?

What kind of story do you expect that has every episode be an entry point for new people?

Mass Effect tried this and look what happened, all it does is diminish the overall story to bring it down to the level of idiots too unwilling to just go and get some context.
>>
File: arrow.gif (2MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
arrow.gif
2MB, 400x224px
>>81408017
Soon(tm)
>>
File: older steven and lapis.png (173KB, 894x881px) Image search: [Google]
older steven and lapis.png
173KB, 894x881px
>>81408017
Don't worry, she'll be back. Eventually. Maybe.
>>
>>81408022
You are the reason people hate /sug/
Calm the fuck down and stop taking everything as a personal attack it just makes us all look bad
I swear with how defensive people are of this show it seems like they don't think its good or something.
>>
>>81408022
>sperging like an autist

Proves my point lad. Also, I never said anything about the quality of the show, but in your assburgered rage you forgot the secret of shitposting and left it in the thread. And I, who you're replying to, am just some random /co/ fag. Not an SU fan, not an /mlp/, just some /co/ fag. You must control your autism anon.
>>
File: tumblr_nwk9dkFeVS1ryhaqto1_1280.png (654KB, 1209x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwk9dkFeVS1ryhaqto1_1280.png
654KB, 1209x1920px
IM FREAKING OUT I CANT LIVE WITHOUT MY SWEET BLUE WATER QUEEN I NEED MY LAPIS I NEED TO SEE HER FACE AGAIN I WANT TO KNOW THAT SHES OKAY I WANT HER BACK
>>
>>81408074
>>81408070
The guy doesn't even sound that mad.
>>
>>81408070
>You are the reason people hate /sug/
Hardly
>>
>>81408026
That is some gurren lagaan tier shit right there
>>
>>81408080
we may see her again on the 23rd May, according to a Latin America scheduling leak
>>
>>81408080
>>81408017
I genuinely can't tell if you're ironically shitposting or if you're really this autistic.

>>81408022
He never said anything about the quality of the show fagbot, he just said he thought /su/ is very autistic. Literally proving his point.
>>
File: samefag.jpg (166KB, 636x480px) Image search: [Google]
samefag.jpg
166KB, 636x480px
>>81408101
>>81408102
>>81408022
>>
>>81408017
a u t i s m
>>
>>81408148
>le samefag meme
>literally just pointing out that the reason /co/ hates /sug/ has nothing to do with its autism

Don't be retarded.
>>
>>81408130
I thought he meant that if the anon doesn't know the context in which we are discussing the show, of course it'll look autistic to him. Thats just my two cents though.
>>
>>81408171
Honestly I don't get the h9-1. If anything /su/ has been civil in this thread, even when it comes to discerning opinions or trolls.
The there's this >>81408022 fucking cockmuncher.
>>
File: 1440655374658.png (51KB, 500x314px) Image search: [Google]
1440655374658.png
51KB, 500x314px
>>81408111
Oh cool i guess i cab wait another month
>>81408130
Little bit of both. I actually like lapis and want her back but im obviously shitposting
>>
File: ignore him.jpg (36KB, 360x377px) Image search: [Google]
ignore him.jpg
36KB, 360x377px
>>
>>81408102
Autists like you ARE the reason people hate /sug/
You are so hyper defensive of any criticism leveled at the fandom or the show that you take people not liking it or saying the fandom is autistic (which you proved) personally. This makes others think all SU fans are this way and spreads a bad name. You want people to stop coming into the threads to criticize the show and fandom?
Stop replying to bait and learn to recognize it
Stop being so defensive against valid criticism like its bait
Stop being a dick to people
Be the positive change you retard.
>>
>>81408240
People like YOU are the reason people hate /sug/. You make things so serious and shit.
>>
>>81408213
>Honestly I don't get the h9-1
It's a mix between half of /co/ hating the show, the other half of /co/ really loving the show to the point where when it's airing we burn through six general threads a day, and the kind of retarded shit you'd see showcased in those simulator videos that one guy made.

>>81408240
>Autists like you
>le samefag meme again
See >>81408171, idiot.
>>
>>81408240
I'm >>81408213, and coming from a guy who quit /tv/ about a couple of months ago this thread is fucking Shangri-La. I honestly see heavy autism but not nearly as aggressive or egregious as /co/ has lead me to believe.
>>
>>81408283
>autists like you
>autists
>s
Reading comprehension
>>
File: tumblr_nsc1771yVa1uo6bepo1_400.jpg (35KB, 378x427px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsc1771yVa1uo6bepo1_400.jpg
35KB, 378x427px
Everyone here is being so toxic wow i bet this is because we need more lapis for some good vibes
>>
>>81408320
Except the rest of your post is clearly addressed to the other guy considering how at no point I defended the show or the fandom. Nice try though.
>>
File: dance.gif (163KB, 340x570px) Image search: [Google]
dance.gif
163KB, 340x570px
>>81408372
>lapis
>good vibes
>>
File: 1459218716547.png (2MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1459218716547.png
2MB, 2000x2000px
>>81408372
>Lapis
>good vibes
Not after what she did to Steven.
>>
File: baithead.jpg (98KB, 555x557px) Image search: [Google]
baithead.jpg
98KB, 555x557px
>>81408080
>>
>>81408401
>waifuposting is bait

how new r u
>>
File: 1456713666874.gif (1MB, 369x213px) Image search: [Google]
1456713666874.gif
1MB, 369x213px
>>81408372
>Everyone here is being so toxic
this is /co/ for you, come to trash, we're chill and there's porn
>>81408397
noice
>>
>>81408384
>>81408397
Lapis only produces sad/mad vibes now, but she used to make good vibes ;-;
>>81408472
I'll check it out, but GEMS ARE NOT FOR SEXUAL
>>81408401
Welcome to 4chan kiddo lmao
>>
File: praisediamond.jpg (429KB, 1000x953px) Image search: [Google]
praisediamond.jpg
429KB, 1000x953px
>>81408536
Would you call THIS a "good vibe"?
>>
>>81408571
Lapis is smiling and steven isnt being purged so its safe to say thats an ok vibe
>>
File: 1457944010670.png (411KB, 1059x891px) Image search: [Google]
1457944010670.png
411KB, 1059x891px
>>81408653
But she stole him away from the other CGs, who love him the most in the whole world. Do you really want Lapis to elope with Steven, ultimately taking him away from the CGs, who are his family?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9ghs3cQl1A
>>
>>81407424
That never happened. In Ocean Gem he visibly was not struggling to breathe, he just wanted to save Connie. Not to mention his trip up the water tower, and how much oxygen do you think was at the top?

In Warp Tour he was just exhausted, he sort of accepted his fate while floating outside the stream but never struggled to breathe or speak.

They have deliberately never showed Steven having difficulty breathing. He only seems to gasp or take notice of it when he's focusing on it, like when he was travelling up the water tower and deliberately held his breath.

My theory is that while he can breathe, he doesnt actually need oxygen. Not only has he shown signs of of before, but it will make the storytelling simpler when the gems go to space.
>>
>>81408768
Lion 3. The only way he figured out there wasn't air was because he couldn't breathe.

Homeworld will probably have air for the same reason the moon base did, so they can communicate.
>>
>>81408733
Berl only tolerates him because she wanted to fug his mom and he's sort of his mom, amethyst loves him but shes a danger to him. Garnet loves him but she isnt all that talkative. Lapis only knew him for 30 mins and she already nearly convinced him to leave earth and come to homeworld with her. He didnt go because the CGs are his family but you could see it in his face, he actually considered it for a second. L a p i s i s t h e b e s t c h o i c e
>>
>>81408768
>he visibly was not struggling to breathe
I think he was drowning AND preoccupied with Connie
>In Warp Tour he was just exhausted
Lack of oxygen does that. You get tired, sleepy, etc
>They have deliberately never showed Steven having difficulty breathing
Huh? They did >>81408820
>My theory is that while he can breathe, he doesnt actually need oxygen
Strange theory of yours...
>>
>>81409059
Thanks for sharing...
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (77KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
77KB, 1920x1080px
>>81409059
she's pretty tall, how would you reach her face
>>
>>81409116
Ladder?
>>
>>81407216
> Historical Friction/Sadie's Song together
1:00 Eastern = 30 minute piss break.
>>
>>81406325
You're going to be disappointed when you realize it's just about Peridot's admiration of Amethyst's status as a Quartz, and is more like hero worship than romance.
>>
File: ballista.jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ballista.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
>>81408026
That bow is bigger than a fucking ballista.
Imagine how much force is behind that arrow.
>>
>>81402688
Greg and Rose's relationship led to some of the best episodes in the entire show. You sir, are a nigger.
>>
>>81408070
>You are the reason people hate /sug/

How melodramatic.

And the Oscar goes to...
>>
File: 1453818159396.jpg (234KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1453818159396.jpg
234KB, 1280x1024px
>>81409332
AND THE OSCAR GOES TO....

WHITE CONNIE
>>
https://twitter.com/cartoonnetwork/status/716658410591137792

Well? Which one are you? (I guess steven will never have any real powers and they want nothing more to do with him)
>>
>>81408472
>so toxic
These are words that idiots and trolls throw around to try and trump up some synthetic atmosphere of 'out of control shitposting' when in actual fact they've just entered a thread, someone made them a bit mad over something and now they're going to personally try and shitpost back twice as hard for some sort of nerd revenge or whatever.

Get over yourself.
>>
>>81409401
2cute
>>
I like art of "what-if" fusions, they're really interesting from character design

Has anyone ever drawn a Rose/Jasper fusion?
>>
>>81409403
>No Steven

What are you getting at, CN?
>>
>>81409403
CN acknowledging Peridot as a CG, some actually pay attention to the show surprisingly. I voted Amethyst.
>>
File: 1454875057949.jpg (61KB, 811x608px) Image search: [Google]
1454875057949.jpg
61KB, 811x608px
>>81409440
No shit, dude
just stating what I see on a daily basis
I'm chilling here and you should too, take it easy... here have this cute Pearl
>>
>>81409517
wow, amethyst is actually winning. I guess people are being honest and not just treating it as a popularity contest
>>
>>81409403
>no Steven
CN hates men confirmed
>>
File: Lapis_by_SirPangur.jpg (432KB, 846x1181px) Image search: [Google]
Lapis_by_SirPangur.jpg
432KB, 846x1181px
>>81409403
Lapis may be the best gem, but its very clear that amethyst is the best CG.
>>81409440
Chill out, anon, he wasnt even the one who originally said you guys were being toxic. Leave him alone pls
>>
File: 71c.jpg (281KB, 700x715px) Image search: [Google]
71c.jpg
281KB, 700x715px
Since when do people like Amethyst? Not that I'm complaining, she's p. good
>>
>>81409477
>>81409601
>>81409680
isn't that obvious?
Steven is the main character so he probably would win
also, take into account that CN might be referring to pure gems and Steven is hybrid
>>
>>81409742
She was the voice of reason when berl and garnet were having a drama bomb. Im guessing people saw her in a new light after that
>>
>>81409742
She's been improving a lot lately, and some famous black person said Amy was best gem so people like her now
>>
>>81409813
I think it was kanye saying she was THICK and had nice lips
>>
File: t pain.png (54KB, 627x360px) Image search: [Google]
t pain.png
54KB, 627x360px
>>81409844
It was T-Pain
>>
File: NIGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (203KB, 639x363px) Image search: [Google]
NIGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
203KB, 639x363px
>>81403496
>Amethyst at 4th place
>Lapis second to last
>>
>>81409932
Lapis is shit anon, stop thinking with your dick for 5 seconds
>>
>>81409753
and yet Hot Topic always had the Steven figures long after the others sold out. Though I guess it makes sense that they'd receive more Stevens to begin with
>>
File: 1458354364205.jpg (222KB, 1436x1437px) Image search: [Google]
1458354364205.jpg
222KB, 1436x1437px
>>81409962
>>
File: 20a.png (144KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
20a.png
144KB, 600x600px
>>81409962
Anon you done FUCKED UP
>>
>>81410030
>>81410244
Bring it on water bitch
>>
>>81409403
Voted P-dot
>>
File: highfive.png (596KB, 786x727px) Image search: [Google]
highfive.png
596KB, 786x727px
>>81410343
Good choice.
>>
File: 1451710577058.jpg (35KB, 261x358px) Image search: [Google]
1451710577058.jpg
35KB, 261x358px
oh look its another
>pretend to be new to SU so we can have /sug/ back
>>
File: 1443550297554.jpg (18KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1443550297554.jpg
18KB, 450x450px
>>81410568
Do you seek out these threads just to post that? You know you can just ignore the thread, right?
>>
>>81410533
Of course. Besides I honestly feel like I identify with her the most as well
>>
>>81410778
Does anyone have the Pearl version of this?
>>
>>81410568
>stop liking what i dont like

The exit button can be found on the top right of your screen.
>>
>>81410778
>>81411047
I'm sure you would be shitposting too if this was a pony thread instead.
>>
>>81410568
When did /co/ became so Butthurt?
>>
>>81411065
I dont enter pony threads. I ignore threads i dont like and i ignore threads dont peak my interest.
>>
>>81411105
Newfags trying to fit in with buzzwords and meme pictures
>>
>>81410568
i'm surprised i'm only just now seeing people accuse anons of this

but really it's not hard to come up with some bullshit discussion topic if that's our motivation
>>
I tried starting SU last night and got about four episodes in before I started jumping around hoping I'd find something that interested me. By the fourth episode I couldn't tell if I disliked it because it wasn't funny enough or because I couldn't find any of the characters likable except maybe Greg but I'm having a hard time connecting with this show. Even the feelsier moments didn't connect with me at all. Any suggestions on which episodes to watch or far in I should go before I call it quits?
>>
>>81411514
Try Mirror Gem or Ocean Gem. That's where I really started enjoying the show.
>>
File: WIP_la_piss.jpg (592KB, 4000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
WIP_la_piss.jpg
592KB, 4000x5000px
>>81411579
for obvious reasons
>>
>>81411514
Try up to episode 12, and if you're not at least a little compelled to keep watching then the show probably isn't for you
>>
>>81411514
First 10 episodes are really hard to get through (although even in those you'll discover subtle lore if you'd rewatch it later on). Episode 12 is one of the first episodes that might capture your attention. Another trigger point is 25/26 Mirror Gem/Ocean Gem. Some folks even mentioned that the first time they really got into the show was around the season 1 finale

For me personally it was episode 12 Giant Women, introducing the concept of gem fusion
>>
File: tumblr_o0r20h3q0q1u1c0ixo1_1280.png (103KB, 644x677px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0r20h3q0q1u1c0ixo1_1280.png
103KB, 644x677px
does anyone have a comic where peridot says to garnet something like "but garnet, you can't be gay...garnet are you being gay right now?" haven't been able to find it
>>
>>81411514

The first few episodes are really hit and miss, with most people liking a few at best, although some people like all of them.

Episode 12's a major turning point in quality, the show just gets more consistent after that.

Episode 25-26 is the first big turning point, I'd say if you get that far and still don't like the show to drop it.

If you continue, you're in for a wild ride.
>>
>>81411712
>>81411780
>>81411937
Thanks, /co/mrades. I have a SU themed party to attend and after hearing a bit about the show I want to learn a bit about it and give it a chance. I'll at least get up to 12 and see if the wife wants to stick it out with me.
>>
>>81411709
Well yeah.
But I mean it was a way bigger thing than you could think from the beggining/middle of the episode. It's where it got interesting.
We've never seen a gem not Garnet, Amy or Pearl at this point so Lapis comes as a surprise. "Who is she?" "Why is she in a mirror?" "What is homeworld" "Are there more gems?"
>>
>>81411997
is it like a children's party or bantz with the college lads?
>>
>>81411997
Wow a SU theme party? Good luck with that. As well with giving the show another shot again. In the end it's really okay to admit if it ain't your cup of tea, but hopefully you'll discover the same magic as we do when watching this show
>>
>>81411780
honestly if you don't like any of the characters by the end of episode 9, you're not missing much by dropping it. It's very character driven, and you don't want to be another one of those sad sacks who endures a bunch of characters and episodes that bore them just for one or two rarely appearing "interesting" characters
>>
>>81411997
>SU themed party
Wow that's kinda autistic anon

You'll fit right in
>>
>>81412131
This, but kind of like a goofy birthday party for a friend who's a big fan. Costuming is encouraged, so I'm sure I can watch enough to find something simple to use.
>>81412139
I've seen parts of the show on TV the past couple years, and what I saw seemed interesting. Plus there are bits of what I've seen so far that I've liked, just needed a frame of reference on how far in people have to watch before it really sticks.
>>
>>81407344
Got shivers from extended intro
>>
>>81411997
if it's a kids party then thats cool, but if not you need to drop any tumblr spazzes from your life asap (or at least dont let them find out you're watching) because they'll likely ruin this show for you. I've seen it happen.
>>
>>81412336
If you cant get into the show go as Lars, you'd fit right in.
>>
>>81411997
>SU themed party? Encouraged to dress up?
Mate take pictures and talk about your experience in the thread, it'll be a laugh
>>
>>81407869
Rebecca is one of us after all
>>
>>81407789
the shows law raises more questions than answering them, but in a good way.
>>
>>81412488
Truth. She even outright stated that one of her favorite activities growing up was over analyzing cartoons and she wanted to make one that would reward that.
>>
>>81404994
as in the CG rebels were starting a ruckus and Lapis just wanted out. What we don't know is how Lapis got poofed and stuck into the mirror to be stored away for thousands of years.
>>
>>81407828
Alex Jones style mystery and conspiracy were big themes in that show, so it made sense to have the MiB show up at some point.

In SU, I think it would overcomplicate the freedom vs authority/order theme to have government suits breathing down the heroes necks in addition to the alien overlords. So far Ronaldo's function in the story seems to be to highlight how much of a shit the world doesn't give about whatever Steven and his weird sisters/caretakers/aunts are doing (note that there's only one instance where a monster actually makes it into the city, Garnet makes sure that they typically intercept potential problems before they get that far)

I think in season 3, though, we may be fast approaching the point where it becomes impossible for the townspeople to just keep ignoring the weirdness
>>
File: tumblr_o1n7nwRNDH1r45471o1_1280.png (509KB, 1000x1235px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1n7nwRNDH1r45471o1_1280.png
509KB, 1000x1235px
>>81408111
>scheduling leak

deets? Probably a good idea to keep tabs in case France-fags botch things up since they're supposed to be getting episodes in May too.
>>
>>81414023
Some fellow anon was able to get the whole May schedule from CN LA press site. I uploaded it to reddit and the claimed leaker is in the comments section https://www.reddit.com/r/stevenuniverse/comments/4d12gl/super_watermelon_island_airing_may_29th_in_latin/
>>
>>81414193
Great...that's still two months away
>>
File: 6Bcm0jA.png (373KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
6Bcm0jA.png
373KB, 1280x853px
>>81405899
I don't care what anyone says he redeemed himself in my opinion.
>>
>>81414711
eh, for all we know it could be late June until we get new episodes so this could be a blessing
>>
File: Putin thumbsup.jpg (122KB, 614x921px) Image search: [Google]
Putin thumbsup.jpg
122KB, 614x921px
>episode where they go to the moon

>map of earth shows massive chunk of russia just fucking missing and full of ocean, like a massive impact crater that filled with water

>peridot starts hitting buttons and a gem station beacon pops up in the middle of it
>>
File: gurren final.jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gurren final.jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
>>81408107

>That is some gurren lagaan tier shit right there

We've already seen that the gems use hand shaped ships. Now we just need some foot ships and all the gems to fuse into one being to battle the huge diamond fusion that will eventually show up as the final boss.
>>
>>81415806

I figure it's a reference to this, like something happened during the rebellion that made the volcanism return and go absolutely off the charts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberian_Traps
>>
>>81404994
>the inevitable episode where Steven shows Lapis the beauty of Earth
>>
>>81407886
>My feet hurt

What is it about that line that makes every pic better?

>>81407750
You're thinking way too hard about this. From everything we've seen. A real government would have stormed the CG's home by now or at least asked for some fucking advice when a hand of death shows up.
>>
Some small news from MoCCA Arts Festival:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDv6YdaQUC3/

>Also stevonnie might have a song
>>
>>81417383
>Stevonnie might have a song
>A character voiced by a singer might have a song
>implying this is news
>>
>>81417510
Yeah, I personally loved Nicki Minaj's song.
>>
>>81417575
Give it time
>>
>>81408571
Damn, who's the hottie to the far left?
>>
>>81417510
Hey man this hiatus is fucking killing us all, so even attempts of news are better than nothing at all
>>
>>81417746
Donutsteelite.
>>
>>81416316
I think that's one of the main things that'll differentiate Lapis' arc from Peridot's

Lapis has seen the Earth
She thinks it sucks
>>
File: SU Peridot butt vs Lapis.png (402KB, 1280x1422px) Image search: [Google]
SU Peridot butt vs Lapis.png
402KB, 1280x1422px
>>81418231
did she, though?
She was broken and on the run on an alien planet.
And then she's constantly raped at the bottom of the sea.
I can understand if she hates it here, but she really hasn't seen any good sides yet.
>>
>>81417830

Coldsteelite?
>>
>>81418893
She was a part of BD's court before the Rebellion. So yes, she's been on Earth for a while before being trapped.
>>
File: SU Peridot blush.png (52KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
SU Peridot blush.png
52KB, 250x250px
>name all Steven Universe images "SU" at the beginning
>every time I search for "SU" now, I get all kinds of pictures because it's too short to search effectively
welp, time to make a new folder.
>>
>>81418231
She hates all of it except for Steven.

Which is good in a way; Steven can teach her to like to earth through his eyes.
She respects him, so some of that 'love for everything' might slowly rub off on her.

I hope it doesn't get done in like one or two episodes though, I hope it's an ongoing thing.

Like she lives on the other side of the beach, moping around all the time until Steven or another human visits her.
>>
>>81418960
oh dang, yeah you're right.
I still think she'll not really become part of the team. She'll become kind of a Lars, and fucks up shit through her own cowardice.
>>
File: SU waifu fags.png (223KB, 568x320px) Image search: [Google]
SU waifu fags.png
223KB, 568x320px
So let me hear it, guys!
tfw all characters are surprisingly multi-facetted, so I have trouble picking a single waifu at all.
>>
File: SU Pearl declared best gem.jpg (65KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
SU Pearl declared best gem.jpg
65KB, 640x360px
>>81419140
oh and also this.
>>
File: why would you do that man.jpg (65KB, 596x800px) Image search: [Google]
why would you do that man.jpg
65KB, 596x800px
>>81419170

>they keep slowly making pearls head more round with a smaller nose to make her look more "cute"
>>
File: Steven peridot questionable.jpg (78KB, 959x690px) Image search: [Google]
Steven peridot questionable.jpg
78KB, 959x690px
>>81418893

I've actually been thinking a bit about Lapis' situation.

The whole mirror things kind of odd when you think about it, the slot on the back had to be shaped just to fit her gem in. A mirror seems kind of specific too, why trap her specifically in a mirror, one that seems to have been made for her? She'd have had plenty of time to reform by the time they could make one, unless she were bubbled, but then why even trap her in a mirror? Even when cracked, she could still clearly reform, just not perfectly.

I'm starting to think that the whole thing was premeditated, and not just some gems stumbling upon her as she was trying to leave Earth like has been hypothesized before.
>>
File: SU Lapis Lazuli.gif (351KB, 416x600px) Image search: [Google]
SU Lapis Lazuli.gif
351KB, 416x600px
>>81419233
my guess would be that it's just some fucked up piece of gem tech. Like,
>hey Diamond, we need an interface persona for the mirror thing.
>the fuck do I care. We have tons of Lapis' around, shove one in there. Water is basically a mirror, right? She should be compatible.
>But, my diamond, that would be incredibly cr-
>Did I fucking stutter?
They have shown on numerous occasions that individuals aren't highly valued in gem society, so I'd totally hand it to them.
>>
>>81419354
Blue Diamond didn't trap Lapis, otherwise she wouldn't have been so eager to go back home.
>>
>>81419408
maybe she didn't remember.
She wasn't able to talk other than through recordings either.
Maybe it was yellow. or someone rogue. the CGs?
>>
>>81419354

I dunno, why go through the trouble of hunting down and forcing her in the mirror then? She's powerful as hell on Earth, I wouldn't be surprised if she was a high-priority target during the rebellion, even if she didn't care about it.

Also, they found the mirror near the galaxy warp, which is in the middle of the ocean. Sure, maybe Lapis was just trying to get home, but then they had to fight her in her element, and trap her in a pre-fabricated mirror IMMEDIATELY. It seems like way too much trouble just to get a slightly more fancy mirror out of.
>>
>>81419451
Why wouldn't she remember who trapped her specifically? The mirror showed her memories, so she doesn't have amnesia. My guess is that it was the CGs, but not Rose Quartz specifically, since her army must have been pretty big.
>>
>>81419354
the first question is not how did she get in the mirror, but how did she get cracked? presumably they thought it was reasonable to put her in a piece of tech because she was cracked and as good as dead

no matter how you slice it, it's a bit fucked up that the crystal gems didn't at least heal her (they had the fountain even after rose was gone) and stick her in a bubble. Unless they assumed she was too cracked to retain consciousness
>>
>>81419451
Not the CGs. Lapis said "you three knew I was in there" so they knew, but they didn't do it.

What colour was Lapis' mirror again? Everything seems so colour coded on Homeworld. The mirror being blue(?) really implies that it was a Blue Diamond artefact
>>
>>81419568
I don't have the picture, but in the sheet for the mirror prop, you can clearly see that her gem's crack extends into the mirror itself, so it was broken after she was trapped

Also from the way Pearl reacted I'm pretty sure they didn't think she was even alive
>>
>>81419568
Lapis broke after she was trapped in the mirror.
>>
File: SU Lapis lewd as fuck.png (948KB, 1200x2250px) Image search: [Google]
SU Lapis lewd as fuck.png
948KB, 1200x2250px
>>81419591
>>81419568
>>81419543
>>81419535
I can't wait for the day we finally get an answer in the show
We'll never get it, will we?
>>
>>81419626
Sure we will anon
In June
>>
>>81419568
Pearl didn't seem to consider the mirror as anything other than a mirror, which is really fucked up when you think about it. What other gems do they have laying around as spare batteries?
>>
File: Steven washer magic.jpg (143KB, 540x1620px) Image search: [Google]
Steven washer magic.jpg
143KB, 540x1620px
>>81419667
>>
File: SU Amethyst Sound of Silence.gif (304KB, 540x288px) Image search: [Google]
SU Amethyst Sound of Silence.gif
304KB, 540x288px
>>81419655
>non-weekly format
>running from June
>to August 2017
>>
>>81419233
>A mirror seems kind of specific too, why trap her specifically in a mirror, one that seems to have been made for her?
Cruel and unusual punishment? Trap her in an artifact, make her essentially an object while being fully conscious
>>
File: SU Dank Peridot Gnome.png (36KB, 283x284px) Image search: [Google]
SU Dank Peridot Gnome.png
36KB, 283x284px
>>81419691
fuck.
>>
File: 1459361951605.png (310KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1459361951605.png
310KB, 800x600px
>tfw that is a very real possibility
>>
>>81419781
Meant for >htt>81419702

>>81419691
>>
>>81419667
>How do you get the washer and dryer to work?
>Magic
>>
File: 1459526136648.png (122KB, 385x341px) Image search: [Google]
1459526136648.png
122KB, 385x341px
>there could be dozens of waifus trapped in Stevens home appliances
>>
File: SU Pearl.gif (274KB, 416x600px) Image search: [Google]
SU Pearl.gif
274KB, 416x600px
>>81419781
pearl doesn't ingest, and even if she did, she wouldn't get drunk. Amethyst eats but she just likes the goo sloshing around, she doesn't absorb anything.
>>
>>81419868
>pearl doesn't ingest
You think she'd smoke?
>>
File: THE HORROR microwave nope.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
THE HORROR microwave nope.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>81419859
>>81419781
>>81419691
>after a few thousand years they go insane
>become monsters just to have physical bodies again.
>>
File: Steven lapis mad animated.gif (164KB, 245x368px) Image search: [Google]
Steven lapis mad animated.gif
164KB, 245x368px
>>81419859

>Lapis goes inside the temple for the first time.
>Loses her shit.
>>
>>81419896
as I said, she doesn't absorb anything, so all she'd get out of it would be the taste of weird air.
>>
File: 27.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
27.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>81419859
>>
>>81419950
Anyone have that comic where Steven takes Lapis to a house of mirrors or something and she freaks out and destroys everything?
>>
>>81402669
>Greg's and Rose's relationship caught me off guard because it was pretty beat for beat how I dealt with my last girlfriend.

You fucked your GF so hard she exploded into a fat kid?
>>
File: 1459370162276.png (63KB, 396x328px) Image search: [Google]
1459370162276.png
63KB, 396x328px
>>81420016
>>
File: Su Crystal Gems old.gif (337KB, 1000x481px) Image search: [Google]
Su Crystal Gems old.gif
337KB, 1000x481px
>>
>>81420016
Underrated post
>>
File: SU Fusion Cluster.gif (602KB, 416x600px) Image search: [Google]
SU Fusion Cluster.gif
602KB, 416x600px
You think there could be stable or even sentient amalgamates?
Will we ever see one?
Will we ever see the cluster, or will it just be some abstract thing the CGs kill before it becomes active?
>>
>>81407750
My theory is that countries are much smaller and divided than in our world
>>
>>81420783
If It activates the earth will be destroyed, so I doubt it
>>
>>81420783
The Cluster's birth itself kills the planet, so I doubt we'll see that.
As for sentient amalgamates, maybe, might be cool tho.
>>
>>81420854
>>81420860
but I want to see them interact with it.
otherwise it'd just be "alright I placed the nuke/broke the gem/whatever, lets leave"
Maybe it's like a Lavos thing, and they'll have to go inside and fight some Thing.
>>
Male gems when?
>>
>>81420999
Since Episode 1.
>>
File: Clusternightmare.png (37KB, 1679x1297px) Image search: [Google]
Clusternightmare.png
37KB, 1679x1297px
>>81420783
I hope so, I miss my armfu
>>
File: SU Garnet crying.png (43KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
SU Garnet crying.png
43KB, 400x225px
>>81421062
pls no.
>>
>>81420958
The only possible solution is that they dig out and toss the Cluster into space right before it forms.

Or maybe the Cluster fails to form, a miscarriage, in a way.
>>
>>81408150
>le autism meme
>>
>>81419950
Maybe this is the premise behind Monster Reunion? Maybe she's a different sort of gem hippie from Rose?
>>
>>81419965
shit, i forgot about that
did they explain how it got on the cartridge? doesn't seem like the CGs doing, even if they have been doing shady shit with the gems of their enemies
>>
>>81421137
maybe the cluster's face will be inside like a huge cave, and be all sleep, maybe a big malformed face with lots of tiny hands and eyes everywhere pawing at them.
Like some eldritch body horror thing, where the body is already working, but the übermind hasn't awoken yet.
>>
>>81421137
Maybe it gets shattered
A miscarriage would be likely, thinking realistically, because of the conflicting limb construction pathways from the center to the middle
Come to think of it, what are gems made of? Is it hardlight?
>>
>>81421259
of course we have to remember these stories are written by jeremy sorese without any real input from the show's crew other than "dont add to the lore"
>>
>>81419691
>tfw we will never meet the quartazine trio as gems
>>
>>81420783
>>81421266
This or maybe it will be able to communicate through telepathy before it hatches. We know Steven could use telepathy a little through dreaming
>>
>>81421294
The gems are seemingly the actual gems they're supposed to be, the bodies are described as being made out of light so you probably wouldn't be wrong calling it hardlight.
>>
File: Animu the horror Trauma.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Animu the horror Trauma.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>81421363
>We are the Cluster.
>We see All.
>Join Us!
>>
So in nightmare hospital, why didn't dr Maheshwaran try to remove the gem mutant's shard thinking it was a piece of glass? also, how did she not notice it had all those extra arms?

>>81421137
maybe they smash it, but the shards reform into a whole army of gem mutants
>>
>>81421402
>>81421294
aren't they referred to as "holograms with mass" in classroom gems?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/user/SocietyIllustrators/videos

looks like MoCCA, which Rebecca did a Q&A at today, puts videos of a lot of their panels up on their channel

so, watch this space, and such
>>
File: SADFACE.jpg (21KB, 219x93px) Image search: [Google]
SADFACE.jpg
21KB, 219x93px
So did they decide when they started this show that somebody has to cry in every episode?

I dont think theres a single episode without somebody shedding tears.

There should be a SU drinking game where you take a sip every time sombody is sad or has their feelings hurt, and then take a shot when somebody starts crying. Youd probably die of alcohol poisoning after a few episodes.
>>
>>81421402
This raises many questions. Where do they get their mass from? How is it stored in the gem? How is it constructed? Most of all, how did the first gems acquire that ability?
>>81421442
That definition gets us nowhere
>>
>>81421294
they'll probably make a gag in the show out of increasingly disastrous/confusing attempts to explain exactly what the fuck is going on with gem forms
>>
>>81421492
Most of the crying is done as a joke, though.
>>
>>81421492
does it count if tears are drawn in one shot but never actually fall down someone's face? because that seems to happen fairly often with less serious 'crying' scenes

remember that rebecca thinks crying is funny
>>
File: SU Crying and Singing.jpg (26KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
SU Crying and Singing.jpg
26KB, 600x300px
>>81421492
I enjoy it. they have a decent roster that can actually generate some drama through character interaction.
>>
>>81421420

Yeah, through that whole hospital episode I was wondering what the fuck COnnies mom was even thinking.

>huge headless "thing" laying in bed with multiple arms and legs making strange noises
>doesnt act weirded out at all
>herpa derp ima listen to its heart, nothing is strange about this in any way
>>
File: 1437166436201.png (348KB, 1280x1853px) Image search: [Google]
1437166436201.png
348KB, 1280x1853px
>>81421494
Gems clearly store and likely somehow produce metric fucktons of energy to function. Based on how their physical forms start 'glitching' when damaged, they likely function similar to an advanced computer with an AI. I doubt any of this will be explained in detail anytime soon though, so anyone's speculation is valid.
>>
File: grouphug.png (327KB, 931x524px) Image search: [Google]
grouphug.png
327KB, 931x524px
>>81421492
It's actually been counted before.

Less than half of the episodes contain actual crying, and most instances of crying are comical rather than serious.

Some of their best feels don't actually have crying in the episode at all like pic related.
>>
>>81421633
I guess it's not really a thing to easily bring up.
My biggest question is how they get their mass. When forming, their gem emits energy, which is converted into mass when it is in the correct shape, and somehow the gem HAS MORE MASS THAN IT STARTED WITH
I'd be okay with it if the gem itself had the same mass before and after, but holy fuck
Does conservation of mass not exist in SU?
>>
Was Pearl originally Roses little servant slave like other Pearls are to higher ranked gems?

Is she only super loyal to Rose because she was basically programmed to be that way and follow her owners orders?
>>
File: stupid ape you die now.gif (157KB, 550x729px) Image search: [Google]
stupid ape you die now.gif
157KB, 550x729px
>>81421842

Pocket dimension contained inside each gem like the rooms in the temple.

We aint gotta explain shit.
>>
>>81421842

Maybe the gems serve as pocket dimensions in multiple ways?

Maybe gems summon their weapons in the same way that they form their bodies. We don't really know what it's like inside a gem itself, or at least whatever the pocket space is that they can store things in.
>>
>>81421871
Possibly. People aren't actually sure if Pearl was made for Rose. Some think she was made for White Diamond or one of her servants but was discarded because she was defective.

>>81421967
the inside of pearl's gem appeared in the comics, and Lion's mane is presumably the inside of his gem
>>
File: garnet magic.png (685KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
garnet magic.png
685KB, 1000x665px
>>81421934
>>
>>81421995

In that case, we've definitely never seen the inside of a gem when it's poofed, and probably won't given Steven dying instead of poofing. Unless his apparently psychic connection with Lapis will let him see it at some point.
>>
File: myfacewhen.jpg (12KB, 319x322px) Image search: [Google]
myfacewhen.jpg
12KB, 319x322px
>>81422198

>posting the same link again
>linking to tumblr

>not realizing that nobody cared about it the first time and didnt respond
>>
>>81421842
Gems have the energy of a dead planet inside of them and that combined with all the 'magic' they do likely means that there's more energy in their gems than they know what to do with. I wonder if they violently explode when shattered. Also makes you wonder if they can eventually deplete that energy and just become a lifeless rock.
>>
>>81422372
fusions may look like one person, but they're actually mutiple people sharing control of one body. their minds don't merge
>>
>>81422372
I think the implication was that Garnet was searching too hard to try and find Peridot with her vision rather than seeing the actual situation at hand.
>>
>>81403281
is it wrong that I would want to play each of them in a MOBA?
>>
>>81422372
Garnet trusted Pearl too much so she didn't even think to consider that Pearl would be doing something untowards.
>>
>>81405016
what about the green ones?
>>
>>81402605
sup nigs what episode of steven oooonibverse should I watch tonight
>>
>>81402669
I'm a different anon, but I just finished the first season. I didn't like Steven for several episodes, but the relationship between him and the gems is really sweet and gave me feels a few times.
>>
>>81426346
The show is about to get a lot better, and Steven becomes more tolerable.
>>
>>81426408
I think Steven was pretty tolerable (mostly) but the halfway point of season 1.
>>
>>81426315
space race
>>
>>81426524
k
>>
I wonder, do all garnets see the future, or just garnets that are fusions of rubies and sapphires?
>>
>>81426781
with fusions are other gems just like them (i.e. a natural garnet and fused garnet) or can there only be one? Surely that means that they cant use every gemstone.
>>
>>81427331
most gems have multiple individuals of the same type but a few like Rose, Lapis and the Diamonds seem to be unique.

I don't think gems like garnets or opals have to be fusions, I think there are single gems with the same type of mineral, but there are a lot of unknowns

Do they have the same powers or the same extra body parts? The world may never know
>>
File: 1452568911119.jpg (88KB, 655x700px) Image search: [Google]
1452568911119.jpg
88KB, 655x700px
>>81402669
>not enjoying the ballad of greg and rose
>>
File: 1452629835659.jpg (1MB, 2227x3982px) Image search: [Google]
1452629835659.jpg
1MB, 2227x3982px
>>81404994
>>
File: 1452480706832.png (81KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1452480706832.png
81KB, 600x600px
>>81407172

>>81407213
>Lapis is a killer.

killer of my heart
>>
>>81428307
>killer of my heart

No truer words have ever exist, anon.
>>
File: 1451119341951.png (159KB, 1000x1705px) Image search: [Google]
1451119341951.png
159KB, 1000x1705px
don't leave me, /co/
>>
>>81404994
Lapis was a scout for homeworld, that's why she had the ability to fly faster than light. Her job was to find habitable planets with mineral resources and report back to BD.

She was saying that she was the one who gave the all clear for homeworld to colonize earth. Her arrival on prehistoric earth is the point of divergence between our history and that of SU
>>
File: 1458759686926.png (326KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1458759686926.png
326KB, 750x750px
>>81428606

my favorite is pearl, but

lapis is a cutie
>>
File: 1454814464164.png (197KB, 985x1222px) Image search: [Google]
1454814464164.png
197KB, 985x1222px
post more bad gems
>>
>>81429017
they are
>>
>>81429017

Go do something constructive with your life, anon.

Or just watch anime.
>>
File: 1454811746167.png (63KB, 498x459px) Image search: [Google]
1454811746167.png
63KB, 498x459px
>>81429017
/trash/sug is awful and I hate it

fucking june
>>
How many Steven Universe fans do you think have no knowledge of Rebecca Sugar's involvement with Adventure Time? Do you think its the majority?

I saw some people commenting on an AT song remix of one of Sugar's things and being amazed that she worked on the show and I got to wondering.
>>
Thoughs /co/?

>it's not the other theory I posted in this thread
http://fantheoriesandfoodporn.tumblr.com/post/142217428169/lapis-lazuli-is-the-most-important-character-in-su
>>
File: 1452033739019.png (243KB, 827x461px) Image search: [Google]
1452033739019.png
243KB, 827x461px
>>81429652

no idea who SU fans are besides the ones on /co/, who I'm pretty sure are all familiar with her work on AT
>>
>>81429017
To be honest I'm pretty sure half of /co/ is pedos too
>>
>>81429017
It isn't that bad.
>>
>>81429751
but on /trash/ it REALLY shows. At least /co/ is clean..er.
>>
>>81429652
I already knew before I watched SU, and it was actually one of the things that put me off from watching it in the first place. I dislike literally every ep Sugar has written for AT and always considered her a bad writer bc of that. I'm still not sure how she went from her incredibly shallow portrayels of Marcey and Finn in AT, to creating the ridiculously detailed and fleshed out cast of SU.
>>
>>81431036
I agree that she made Marcy one note but Sugar literally wrote the most fascinating, multifaceted Finn that's ever existed in the show.

At any rate she just mostly lets the storyboarders in SU handle the characters so maybe that's why you like it more. SU seems more cohesive on the whole than AT but with the way storyboarding works the individual artists will always be the primary thing dictating how the characters act. Sugar just did what Pen did and laid the groundwork.
>>
File: 1274576632536.jpg (164KB, 901x489px) Image search: [Google]
1274576632536.jpg
164KB, 901x489px
>>81408240
>>
>>81428661
I don't think she could fly faster than the speed of light. She might used a wormhole or a galaxy warp pad on a nearby planet
>>
File: Murdering Insensifies.gif (318KB, 506x415px) Image search: [Google]
Murdering Insensifies.gif
318KB, 506x415px
>>81402605
>>81403084
Cool things that should happen in this show but probably won't

>Asura level Final Battle
Steven and the Gems formed together and fighting the Diamond fusion in a world ending cosmic battle with a symphonic metal remix of the show's opening. And in Asura's Wrath fashion, just when the Gem's get killed by the Diamond Fusion they pull a Dues Ex Machina and develop multiple forms

>Other alien species making an appearance
A rebel group composed of aliens that got their planets destroyed by the Gem Empire and attack the Gems, thinking their part of the empire trying to destroy Earth. Near the end, the Rebel group of aliens comes back with an army and helps the team fight Homeworld during the all out invasion.

>Homeworld Arc
The Gems find themselves on Homeworld where they see how much it has changed since they came to Earth and how each of the Diamond's act and rule over their respective quarters of the planet and show how some Gems rank in the Homeworld food chain.

>Amethyst betrayel Arc
Maybe Amethyst meets a perfect version of herself and wants to be more like her, the Homeworld Amethyst shows her Amethyst culture and offers to train her to become stronger and reach her true potential, that and seeing how the Gems view her causes her to become conflicted but more likely to join the enemy.
>>
>>81433949
The nearest star is 4 light years away, so unless there's a galaxy warp on Mars, Lapis is fucking tachyonic
>>
>>81409329
Greg and Rose's relationship led to the main character of the show.
>>
May I interest you in some Peribunny
>>
>>81409753
>Steven is the main character so he probably would win
Do you have any idea how many Garnetfags or Pearlfags there are outside of /co/ and /trash/? Most of the fanart the show gets on tumblr is for Garnet and Pearl, with Peridot and Lapis catching up.
On the internet, Steven is not a very popular choice for favourite character.

Also, they said "Which CRYSTAL GEM is your favourite?" and everything in Season 1 is about Steven wanting to become a Crystal Gem, and in Season 2 he's actually recognised as a Crystal Gem. So when they don't have Steven in the poll, they're ignoring one of the most important arcs in the whole show.
>>
>>81409403
peridot, because I'm a autistic fan theorist with a raging superiority complex
>>
I wonder if we'll ever see desert glass again.

She's the most powerful gem in the series and nobody even remembers her
>>
>>81435862
Was the desert glass a gem? I thought it was more like a weapon or artifact. Amethyst left it out of a bubble for ages and it never tried to form a body.
>>
>>81436101
Desert glass is a type of amorphous quartz, and the reason she never reformed was she was imprisoned in a pillow.

Mind you, when she was in that pillow she still managed to create a castle surrounded by a sandstorm and a wall that garnet couldn't punch through, and Lion may have been left to guard her specifically

Other gems have failed to reform in the past, such as the pyramid gem, the lighthouse gem, and the gem shards from frybo
>>
File: 1457165311166.png (322KB, 785x834px) Image search: [Google]
1457165311166.png
322KB, 785x834px
>>81436101
>it never tried to form a body
>stuck in a pillow
>>
>>81436167
Listen to Pearl's explanation in Frybo. The shards were meant to do exactly what they did, posses an armor and do whatever the gems who owned them told them to do. The ones Steven used to animate Frybo were defective.
>>
>>81436173
The pillow is it's body, it just has a different form.
>>
>>81436214
In every episode after Frybo, gem shards regenerate into disembodied limbs. Even the assimilated gem shards from Giant Woman form disembodied beaks

>>81436233
[citation needed]
>>
>>81436239
>[citation needed]
Matt said it in a tweet, should be on the SU wiki.
>>
File: 1429532006497.jpg (29KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1429532006497.jpg
29KB, 720x720px
>>81436264
>Matt
Matt?
Matt Burnett?
Matt "Liar liar, plants for hire" Burnett?
>>
>>81436239
Pearl specifically said *those* Gem shards were used to create drones with a simplified consciousness.
>>
>>81436264
If he did, he deleted it
>>
File: Lion_2_The_Movie_141.png (902KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Lion_2_The_Movie_141.png
902KB, 1920x1080px
>>81436214
>Rose probably used pieces of her crushed comrades in her suits of the armour

So that's why it's called 'the armour of the fallen'
>>
File: MechanicalResonance.png (348KB, 672x758px) Image search: [Google]
MechanicalResonance.png
348KB, 672x758px
>>81402605
Can't wait til they delve more into gem corruption.
>>
File: duplicates.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
duplicates.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>81436331
>>
File: 1451950441223.png (316KB, 633x605px) Image search: [Google]
1451950441223.png
316KB, 633x605px
How do people feel about this season now that we know it's meant to be it's own thing according to CN?

Full Disclosure through Message Received, how was Season 2?
>>
File: 1453947885660.gif (894KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1453947885660.gif
894KB, 1920x1080px
>>81436331
Forget the armor, I really want to know if that giant penny will ever be more than a one time gag.

>>81436556
I'm not a fan of CN's general decision making and I haven't been for nearly a decade now. The show's still alright, assuming it lasts long enough to address the long list of deepest lore that they only ever kind of explained.
>>
>>81434263
>Amethyst betrayal arc.

Already all but confirmed with episode titles including Crack the Whip, Steven vs. Amethyst, and The Kindergarten Kid.

You're also very likely right on the why/how, since the seeds of Amethyst's insecurities were really laid in Too Far and Jasper or another Quartz could convince Amethyst to join them (at least for a short while).
>>
>>81436628
Also, with titles like "Monster Reunion" heralding a return of Centipeetle and a three parter ending in "Back 2 the Moon Part 3" probably involving that thing in the Moon base Garnet said to ignore, we're definitely getting a good season.
>>
>>81434263
>>81436628
I think it's going be more like a mental breakdown with Amethyst temporarily separating herself from the group, but not like actual betrayal. Not even temporarily switching sides. She seems way too eager to beat homeworld to even consider switching sides. Episodes like Message Received and It Could've Been Great convinced me of that. If you pay attention to Amethyst's display of emotions in these episode, it doesn't seem to me like she shows any sympathy towards homeworld. She was also hurt when she believed that Peridot betrayed them again after everything they've been through and celebrating to the max when the opposite happened
>>
>>81436906
She's going to find out that something Rose did was terrible, and it will throw her entire existence into question (again)
>>
>>81409457
>piss for hair
>cute
>>
>>81409401
Anyone got the original pic?
>>
>>81411888
p-dotty is very cute with glasses
>>
>>81418988
you dont sort by character?
>>
>>81436906
>>81436977
Maybe she'll just try to go on a quest to become a "complete" Quartz like Rose and Jasper either out of a desire to help the others better or out of resentment that she's always been the runt (at this point, Steven's more powerful than she is).
>>
>>81428606
>shoes
>jpg
>the pic for a thousand ants
>>
File: SU Amethyst babby.jpg (418KB, 900x1149px) Image search: [Google]
SU Amethyst babby.jpg
418KB, 900x1149px
>>81437020
only through filename, not folder.
I just usually search SU to have a wider variety, but now that I have the SU folder, that is basically solved.
>>
File: sponge diamond.jpg (30KB, 375x460px) Image search: [Google]
sponge diamond.jpg
30KB, 375x460px
>"You like the crystal gems, don't you Peridot?"
>>
File: SU Peridot fetish.gif (365KB, 501x384px) Image search: [Google]
SU Peridot fetish.gif
365KB, 501x384px
>>81435722
damn, why is peri so thick
>>
File: yellow diamond.png (334KB, 849x476px) Image search: [Google]
yellow diamond.png
334KB, 849x476px
>>81402688

Were you expecting there to be chemistry between organics and gems? Under standard pressures?
>>
I love the show even more when I learned that it's basically based on Rebbeca Sugar's family. The show seems to have a lot of love poured into it.

I also watched Utena for the first time a few months before Steven Universe, and I grew up with a lot of things that seemed to inspire it which helped me enjoy it a lot.

The gay shit with Ruby and Sapphire in the neweset episode made me bawl my eyes out because I'm a gay.
>>
>>81434263
>>>Asura level Final Battle
>Steven and the Gems formed together and fighting the Diamond fusion in a world ending cosmic battle with a symphonic metal remix of the show's opening. And in Asura's Wrath fashion, just when the Gem's get killed by the Diamond Fusion they pull a Dues Ex Machina and develop multiple forms

With all the animu that influenced Steven Universe I really get the feeling that the gem fusions are homages to kaiju battles, and Alexandrite reminds me of Ultraman. Hell there was a super robot fight recently.

So...yeah we going to get some epic giant woman fights.
>>
>>81437547
>it's basically based on Rebbeca Sugar's family
that's really just a thing all cartoon makers say nowadays.
Faust said it, Hirsch said it, it's just a thing.

And ruby/sapphire is just an adorable little love story, it doesn't matter if they're gay.
>>
File: 1350642264958.jpg (114KB, 640x955px) Image search: [Google]
1350642264958.jpg
114KB, 640x955px
>>81437571
>>
>>81437571

We know there's an upcoming episode where jasper+lapis' fusion comes out of the sea and is fought by alexandrite.

the fucking leaks make this hiatus fucking unbearable because we know we're in for a wild fucking ride, but mr. bones won't let us on.
>>
>>81437516
kek clever girl...
>>
File: SU Peridot understands.png (61KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
SU Peridot understands.png
61KB, 250x250px
>>81437571
fuck, I really have a weak spot for when big fights happen and it transitions into the title music.
>>
>>81406489
Oh god, it's the fucking 'there is no filler in SU' guy again
>>
>>81437671
I never said SU doesn't have filler, I just said that specifically Historical Friction is not filler.
>>
>>81437717
>>81437671
the thing is, SU does have episodes that don't advance the overarcing plot, BUT these episodes still build the world, unlike in other shows where some episodes do literally nothing other than being self-contained things.
>>
>>81437789
>Sadie's Song
>>
>>81437571
Alexandrite is more like an Eva, what with the terrifying second mouth and all, but yeah, they're Kaiju battles.
>>
File: file.png (887KB, 768x956px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
887KB, 768x956px
>>81437598
>And ruby/sapphire is just an adorable little love story, it doesn't matter if they're gay.

I wasn't very articulate so let me explain a little more.

You're probably right, but what mattered to me when I watched it was that gem society frowns upon different class fusion and they way Rose emphasizes that they're normal for doing so tugged at my heart strings so much I just cried because hearing someone say you're normal for being gay feels nice. I realize it doesn't matter to everybody else, but that's the nice thing about Steven Universe. You can feel the metaphors if you're "different" or not. It doesn't even matter.

I don't know if this is a fair comparison but it's like how back in the 50's nobody would even show a family on TV that wasn't nuclear, then they realized more people would relate to families if they were different too but if you're human you can still relate to them. I wish I had a good example but it's so common on TV nowadays most people don't even realize how rigid it was in the past. There was a part in Mad Men about this, where they did a commercial for some restaurant and decided to show nontraditional families and just random people and shit.. Or like how black kids will like black superheros and shit but so will everybody else if they're good characters.

It's literally inspired by yuri relationships in anime too...like Utena was all about this shit and I loved Utena to death because of the legbutt themes. I hope this makes more sense now.
>>
>>81437606
>the fucking leaks make this hiatus fucking unbearable because we know we're in for a wild fucking ride, but mr. bones won't let us on.

I hate whoever is in charge of scheduling Steven Universe. I saw the first season well after it aired so I was able to marathon it and it was perfect. Steven Universe would be perfect as a "Saturday Morning Cartoon." It's 54 episodes so they could show one episode a week. It's only 10 minutes long and most of the overarching plot goes on in the background so any gigantic breaks in time just break immersion and pacing. Especially now that there is a major world destroying threat in the form of the cluster. I don't care that Steven Universe is mostly filler because the characters and daily life stuff is fun, but when you wait half a year to see 10 minutes of an episode that doesn't even deal with the fact the Earth is about to explode it really kills it for me too. And it's not the fault of the actual show itself which isn't fair to the show at all.
>>
>>81434263
>Four Diamonds
>Four faces

I hope they take what remains of Pink Diamond and fuse into some corrupt representation of Brahma the Creator God, and that's how they created the first gems.
>>
But what if Pink Diamond is still alive but not a part of Diamond Authority, i.e. not Homeworld-aligned?
>>
>>81438324
That makes me wonder where Pink Diamond would be. Would Homeworld have her trapped as a prisoner?
>>
>>81438366
She fights an interstellar war against the other Diamonds, of course, maybe.
>>
>>81437960
>the legbutt themes

Wut.
>>
>>81402936
>when he mimics his step dad in the car
>>
File: tumblr_n72lfwSCKY1qhjht6o1_1280.jpg (217KB, 602x453px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n72lfwSCKY1qhjht6o1_1280.jpg
217KB, 602x453px
>>81438389
lgbt

Utena is about the girliest girl you can imagine usurping the masculine role of 'prince charming' to save her lesbian love from the men who just want to use her
>>
>>81409742
I liked amethyst from the start. I thought she was funny, especially whenever she shat on pearl.
>>
File: 1455384577369.jpg (188KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1455384577369.jpg
188KB, 1462x1462px
>>81407978

>Hwan afrcia ceded to king Wewuz
>>
>>81437960
I see. I guess I can't really relate to it that much since I'm not gay.
On the other hand, what kinda speaks to me personally is the role of steven in the show. He isn't your generic "Hero" guy that gets the sword and is the leader of the team.
He's the healer and moral support, which I just appreciate. Sometimes you don't want to be "Action man", sometimes you just want to help.
>>
File: DSC_0913.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0913.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Anon here, well not actually anon since i posted my school ID

Pls no bully.

I recorded Rebecca Sugar talking about comics and steven universe, she also played a song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKYbOskmICQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exR41j2mHAo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ1evXjgYEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lILLN7ydrLw

more people were recording so better versions will be available i'm sure.
>>
File: 1459713466492.gif (200KB, 755x290px) Image search: [Google]
1459713466492.gif
200KB, 755x290px
>>81439258
>>
>>81439346

>nu male
>>
Which gem is the worst and why is it Sardonyx?
>>
>>81439941
That's a weird way to spell Lapis.
>>
>>81437477
She can be pretty thick in the show for her size.
>>
Rebecca Sugar at MoCCA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeGGyZoIhHc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEZTY1LGYt4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S1v8NhQUEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WrBjWBJ4Jg
>>
File: Small.gif (999KB, 639x734px) Image search: [Google]
Small.gif
999KB, 639x734px
>>81440355
Yeah she can.
>>
>>81440355
>>81440436
>>
>>81437477
Thick at every size.
>>
File: SU Peridot Smol.gif (226KB, 416x600px) Image search: [Google]
SU Peridot Smol.gif
226KB, 416x600px
>>81440501
>>81440436
>>81440795
>>
File: fusion chart.jpg (1001KB, 3737x3591px) Image search: [Google]
fusion chart.jpg
1001KB, 3737x3591px
>>81402605
I hope the new season will introduce more fusions, especially with Steven.
>>
>>81409742
Kinda the same as >>81438810
Although her teasing/clownish behaviour sometimes gets a bit old, I've never disliked her. I'm now in fact looking forward to the small Amethyst-arc we seem to be getting 'soon'. Obviously she has some serious issues with her self, hidden underneath the layers of her chill and prankster like attitude. Might be one of the reasons she keeps shape-shifting, so she doesn't need to be herself. So it's time the show explores her even more
>>
>>81441077
I could be wrong but from the top of my head, with Peridot's addition to the gang there should be about 7 possible new fusions. Although I kept Ruby and Sapphire separated out of the equation and Steven as well. Ruby and Sapphire only seem to fuse with others when being Garnet. With Steven I really feel like it's a 50/50 situation momentarily. Either he's able to fuse with the other gems or he isn't. With the latter I could still see it happen but only during the series finale, when all the gems and Steven (and who knows all of beach city) form an humongous kaiju woman. However I could be wrong and Steven might pull it off anyway soon. In that case he should be added to the equation too.

But for now I'm very hyped about all of the possible Peridot fusions
>>
File: fusion time.jpg (113KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
fusion time.jpg
113KB, 500x667px
>>81441433
You could just add Steven on top of Rose on the chart.

As for if it's possible, Steven himself said in the guide that he haven't fused with any of the Gems YET, which seems to hint that he's eventually going to fuse with them, or at the very least he has thought about it.
>>
>>81441077
I think the garnet compounds are superfluous, we'll never see seperate fusions involving them.
It'd be like adding Steven as a fusion of rose and greg.
>>
>>81441610
It's meant to list all the possible fusions we knew off back then, which is probably why Steven isn't included because it's unknown if he can fuse with Gems.
>>
File: SU Amethyst Sexy black.png (261KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SU Amethyst Sexy black.png
261KB, 1000x1000px
>>81409742
>>81441171
>>
File: the fuck you just say.jpg (11KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
the fuck you just say.jpg
11KB, 325x325px
>>81439966
>That's a weird way to spell Lapis
bitch, I will cut you
>>
File: fuck off lapis.png (280KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off lapis.png
280KB, 1280x1280px
>>81442040
>>
File: 1437783705824.jpg (122KB, 887x851px) Image search: [Google]
1437783705824.jpg
122KB, 887x851px
>>81442047
Thread posts: 516
Thread images: 146

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.