[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm trying to break into Daredevil (yes it's because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: 9780785195382_p0_v1_s484x700.jpg (13KB, 192x278px) Image search: [Google]
9780785195382_p0_v1_s484x700.jpg
13KB, 192x278px
So I'm trying to break into Daredevil (yes it's because of Netflix), and everyone says to start with Frank Miller's early run.
Okay, cool, but the Frank Miller run is HUGE and the omnibus reprint coming out pretty soon is $80.
I've also heard that the Bendis run and it's successors are excellent ways to dive into the comic, and I find being able to split my spending to be much more attractive. That said, I also know that if I miss this omnibus it will become harder to find later on.

So /co/, should I splurge and pick up the omnibus or start off with Bendis' run first?
>>
It depends

Do you want to read one of the defining works of the Superhero form.

Or you do you want to read a pretty good follow up to that.
>>
If you live in a decent sized community, try your local library.

Daredevil - Frank Miller & Klaus Janson Vol. 1 (2008) (digital) (Minutemen-InnerDemons)
https://openload.co/f/ES5eBw2JbWA/
https://tusfiles.com/j8q1z1xd9hn7
>>
>>81389422
Bendis?
>>
I'm pretty sure paperback trades of Miller's run are still in print.
>>
>>81389494
>hey guys which of these collections should I purchase to physically own myself
>HAVING FUN ISN'T HARD WHEN YOU'VE GOT A LIBRARY CARD FUCKING VIETNAM SHITS
It's time to stop posting
>>
>trying to break into Daredevil

If you just want to break into Dardevil, you may as well start with Soule's current run which is at 5 issues currently, and pretty decent.
If you want to enjoy one of the best runs, Miller's is the way to go. You can try Marvel unlimited or pirate them, if you're okay with digital.
>>
>>81389422
Just buy the whole run on CMX for $50. If you use Chrome or Opera you can make backups of it with a plugin.
>>
>>81389755
I'm thinking about buying Soule's run up to the current issue. Just not sure if its worth 20 bucks.
>>
>>81390262
Why is it in every thread where people are talking about physical copies of any given work, someone like you has to show up?
>>
>>81390605
Because digital is cheaper over all?
>>
>>81391611
Nobody is talking about digital in this thread
>>
>>81389422
Try Cheap Graphic Novels. I got my Omnibus there for 60 something.
>>
>>81391653
They should be. It's cheaper.
>>
>>81389422
Get the Frank Miller run
>>
>>81392150
It's also not ownership and they could take it down at any time without compensating you, as per the terms you agreed to when you paid for the license to read comics on their site
>>
>>81389544
Bendis. The comic book writer.
>>
>>81389422
Get Miller first. Bendis' run reads like a love letter to Miller's. And by love letter I mean fan fiction.
>>
>>81390329
They are doing a timely print of it, I think. That'll be the first 3 issues for markedly less.
>>
Aren't they reprinting the Miller omnibus? It's supposed to come out on, like, the 19th iirc
>>
>>81389422
I did the same thing at the end of Season 2. Miller is worth it, definitely. I'm still on the fence on if I get more with Bendis.
>>
>>81393079
It's already out, it's the companion omnibus that's coming soon. They also reprinted the Elektra omnibus
>>
>>81389422

If you're just looking for a cheap first step get The Man Without Fear, its by Miller with art by John Romita Jr when he was still good.

It'll only run you around 20bucks, then branch out from there
>>
>>81393366
Oh wait, you're right, I was looking at the companion. Whoops
>actual omnibus is closer to $200 online
God danmit I'm buying the TPBs fuck that.

How many volumes of the Miller run are there?
>>
>>81397324
>closer to $200 online

What country are you in? I can find it for a little over $60

It's in three trades
>>
>>81397554
$200 new on most major sites
>>
>>81397554
Five trades, if you count Man Without Fear and Born Again.

Born Again is definitive, though. Some people dislike Man Without Fear.

Semi-related, I'm disappointed to see that the omni rose in price with the reprint. I wanted to upgrade to it, and give the trades to a friend, but I feel $80 spent on trades is more economical than $120 just for a format, even with the discounted prices at IST or CGN.
>>
>>81398213
check Amazon or InStockTrades or Cheap Graphic Novels

I'm not sure what major sites you use, but it below $70 on all three of those
>>
>>81398213
Should I read Miller's run in publication order?
>>
>>81398337
I honestly don't care for Born Again, though I like Miller and Mazz on Year One. Man Without Fear is great and so is the Noccenti/JRJR run
>>
>>81398391
It's continuous, so yeah. And Man Without Fear has a few retcons compared to the original Lee/Everett origin. Not that it's bad, but it's still made 30 years after the fact.
The omnis and trades have it in order either way, so you'll be fine. If you're not partial to Spider-Man for whatever reason, you can skip the Spectacular Spider-Man issues involved, though it's a decent story and only two issues.
>>
>>81398461
I understand your point on Born Again, even though I don't agree.
And I agree wholeheartedly on Nocenti's run.
>>
>>81398461

Wait, are you me??

I'm pretty sure I'm still me so that would be complicated.
>>
>>81398371
For some reason Amazon was displaying only the highest price first, looks like I can get it for about 60-70 bucks after all. Awesome.
>>
>>81400024
You may have been looking at the old printing, the new one has a separate Amazon page since they increased the price
>>
Is Miller's 1993 miniseries collected anywhere?
>>
>>81401161
Man Without Fear has it's own trade and it's in the Daredevil Companion omnibus
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.