[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Hey dude, Lex Luthor kidnapped my mommy and he wants me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 8

"Hey dude, Lex Luthor kidnapped my mommy and he wants me to fight you otherwise he'll kill her, can we please try to be reasonable before we try to kill each other?"

WAS THIS SO FUCKING HARD?
>>
*and her name is Martha
ftfy
>>
>>81259849
post yfw Joker's real name is Martha Marthovic
>>
>>81259821
Did you watch the movie?
>Bruce, you were right, listen to me, come on, don't make this hard, help me
He tried, Bruce attacked everytime
>>
What I hated more than anything is that Superman purposely escalates the fight by getting closer and closer to him.

Like, really nigga?

You're going to walk up and act big on someone who was BORN AND RAISED in Gotham? Like, shit, if Gotham is supposed to be the equivalent of New York/Chicago, you don't just step forward when the other person thinks you're still fighting.
>>
>>81259821
He was about to say that several times before Batman hit him repeatedly with traps and just generally seemed uncooperative
That's why he flew Batman to the top of a building and told him to stay down instead of actually fighting him from the get go
>>
Isn't that what he exactly did but Batman just wanted to fight?
>>
File: 6h2yo.jpg (156KB, 851x477px) Image search: [Google]
6h2yo.jpg
156KB, 851x477px
>Superman is in love with Lois
>Steve Trevor is dead

Is it time?
>>
>>81259889
>>81259894
>>81259899
These.

Also, after Bats was revealed to be wanting a fight, supes was just trying to keep him subdued to keep his options open. I think he was considering killing Bruce to save his mom.
>>
>>81259910
>Steve Trevor is dead

But what about Steve''s grandson?
>>
>>81259889
He didn't say fuck all with that. He didn't establish facts, he didn't make statements. Hell he gave up after two tries when he has all the ability to evade and speak.
>>
>>81259937
>I think he was considering killing Bruce to save his mom.

He didnt start fighting for real until he gets fucked by Kryptonite, before that he still thinks he can just stay there and take it, he didnt thought batman could even harm him.
>>
>>81260051
the kryptonite marks a moment of change where it turns into an actual fight 'you aren't brave, men are brave' and of course he's torn up the whole time
>>
>>81259985

Fucking your ex boyfriend's grandkid is a little odd, dude.
>>
>>81260264
Greek gods man.
They get themselves pregnant.
>>
>>81259910
God yes. All the butthurt on /co/ would be beautiful. Evermore so than the Wondy/Supes butthurt.
>>
>>81260264
Wondy comes from a people who worship gods who often a) bang their relatives and b) turn into animals to bang their relatives or humans.

Dating a guy's grandkid seems very tame by comparison.
>>
>>81259821

Or at least raise your arms and show that you don't want to fight and stay passive or at least stay defensive while being attacked.
>>
Well he did try talking, but Batman kept attacking. You gotta remember he was literally on a time limit, he had less than 40 minutes to do this and get back, in the end he probably decided it'd be quicker to just deal with batman and save his mother.

Plus he's obviously not thinking straight, because you know, Martha is probably being tortured.

although its not like anybody on /co/ actually watched the movie
>>
>>81259937
Actually he tried once, with a vague excuse, and when Batman hit him he straight up pushed him.

It was half assed I was even surprised and angry at how fast he gave up explaining things.
>>
Batman wasn't in the frame of mind to listen to him.
Superman had just threatened his life the last time he met him
>>
>>81259910
steve trevor batman wondy love triangle in JL
>>
File: yesah.jpg (136KB, 1040x996px)
yesah.jpg
136KB, 1040x996px
wow

this was not a movie

it was a goddamn disaster

if you thought this was heart felt you just fell fool to art school cinematography tricks

and you should feel bad for defending it

you DC fans deserved better than what you got.
>>
>>81260776
>It was half assed I was even surprised and angry at how fast he gave up explaining things.
Superman had no experience in explaining anything. He is used to just getting everything done using his powers, the need to negotiate and communicate was a skill he never possessed. In the Snyder version anyway.
>>
>>81259821
Yeah, he really should have properly explained the situations. His attempts to were purposely vague so they wouldn't work and they could have their ten minute fight.

I also like how he went there fully intending to be peaceful but when caught in the traps he dealt with them as if he was fucking pissed off. He should've just acted like the first trap had subdued him and continued asking for help.

I guess he just didn't wanna plead because this Superman has absolutely no humanity in him. He feels the need to act like this godlike figure when he really should act more like the kid who grew up in Kansas.
>>
>>81261213
It's amazing the amount of stuff you people come up with to explain the mindset of this and that character.

i can't figure out if it's Snyder's fault for not doing a good job, or yours for trying to fill every stupid thing with your own excuses.
>>
>>81261245
>i can't figure out if it's Snyder's fault for not doing a good job, or yours for trying to fill every stupid thing with your own excuses.
I am not defending Snyder at all. Just pointing out that we have a Snyder Superman that, if it was in a comic setting, would be assumed to be an alternate universe where Superman eventially become evil.
>>
>>81261294
Hm. I see your point.
>>
File: image.jpg (211KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
211KB, 480x640px
>>81260228
>you aren't brave, men are brave
Affleck would've been a perfect Lex.
>>
>>81259937
>supes was just trying to keep him subdued
Shoving him through a wall was a bad way to go about that
>>
>>81261294
Alternative Universe seems to be the goto excuse when movies get characters completely wrong.
>>
What's really stupid was how Batman's ragelust is somehow stopped because of a coincidence.
>>
>>81259892
>You're going to walk up and act big on someone who was BORN AND RAISED in Gotham?

Superman is a white guy from metropolis do you think he knows this?!
>>
>>81259889

He wasn't straight forward at all.

As soon as the sonic trap was dealt with, he should've skipped the "You don't understand" and cut straight to "Luthor kidnapped my mother, I need your help." The only reason he didn't was for plot-related drama.

Just like him not throwing the spear at Doomsday. Or stabbing him and moving away.
>>
>>81261623
And who mentions their mother by name like that?
>>
>>81259821

>We must fight

>This is madness!

>Madness? THIS. IS. MARTHA!
>>
>>81259821
>implying batman would believe him
>>
>>81259937
He completely gave up after the machine guns. Once he pushed him halfway across the building, it was over

The way this fight came about was forced as fuck and could be avoided in so many ways. What was Bruce planning on doing if Superman didn't show? It's not like he knew Lex had a "kidnap Lois" plan that would bring him over so he just figured he'd shine the light in the sky?
>>
>>81259821
that's the moment the film goes bad
>>
>>81262163
If he brought up his mom's name was Martha, I'm sure he would. It was clearly enough to make him stop moving and freak out.

>>81262261
I think the film went bad at the explosion. After that, all the interesting stuff that felt like a logical progression from MoS like the world reaction to Superman and exploring his ideals goes completely out the window because this isn't MoS2 like it should be, it's BvS/Justice League Pt. 0 and we just get fight after fight after fight
>>
>>81262292
>If he brought up his mom's name was Martha, I'm sure he would.

Superman didn't know Martha was some kind of magic word which would stop the whole shit, Batman wanted that fight and superman knew he had to put him down first for batman to be willing to listen.
>>
>>81262292
>his mom's name was Martha
I was so mad when this happened.

>your mom is named Martha?
>OMG WE'RE FRIENDS NOW !

Saving Martha is normal from Batman, but sparing Superman, the one who just a few seconds before you considered a huge planetary threat, the one whom you saw in a vision (that you at least believe enough in to gather a team of metas) rule over a dead world and kill people. That guy is suddenly A-okay and you consider yourself a friend of him because his mom's name is the same as yours?

I noticed the coincidence years ago, but I would have never guessed anyone would use it as more than a mere joke between the two of them.
>>
>>81262383
>Superman didn't know Martha was some kind of magic word which would stop the whole shit
I know. I'm saying it was a coincidence for him to say it when he did in the actual fight in the first place. Who seriously calls their mom by their name in a situation like that "you're letting mother die" would make so much more sense
>>
>>81259821
It's almost like, in the comics, a lack of communication is the main cause of conflict between good guys in 99% of the cases.
>>
>>81262760
It doesn't make it okay in the comics either.
>>
>>81262568

for Batman Superman was never anything more than an alien and a threat, it probably never crossed his mind that superman had human parents, superman saying "save my mother" would rise some questions and sounds overall weird, he rather said "save this person who is in danger".
>>
>>81262760
You know people don't like this in the comics either right?

MISUNDERSTANDINGS is overused in comics, in anime, in drama, in japanese tokusatsu and it's shitty every single time.
>>
>>81262844
Actually Batman mentions the fact that Supes parents must have told him he was meant for great things. Seems to me he assumed Supes had parents. That's it. No mention of anything else, and we shouldn't assume anything.

There's an awful lot of assuming going on to explain this movie...
>>
Are we allowed to talk about Jesse's performance or has that been overstated?
>>
>>81261723
I love how Batman sets all these traps and then just waits until Superman breaks the traps, instead of doing something with the temporary advantage the traps give him.

Also, when the effect of the Kryptonite dust wears off the first time, Batman basically shits his pants, backing down with his hand shaking. And then you'll tell me Batfleck was good in this movie.
>>
>>81259910
It could also mean Lois-Bruce
>>
>>81262970
I'm trying to forget it even happened.
>>
>>81261316
>>81261294
Yeah, the characters are consistent with themselves in the movie. Problem is, they're not even similar to Superman and Batman. Even in alternate universes where they're nazis, communists, dictators or whatever, their personalities are at least similar to the main universe ones.

So yeah, Snyder didn't make Superman movies, they're just painted to look like they are.
>>
>>81259894
>say that several times
HE TRIED ONCE! STOP LYING TO PROTECT THIS PIECE OF SHIT MOVIE!

>inb4 HE TRIED NONCE!
>>
>>81262938
>Actually Batman mentions the fact that Supes parents must have told him he was meant for great things.

when did he say this?

>There's an awful lot of assuming going on to explain this movie...

because Snyder dropped essential plotscenes for some Snyder-esque art house scenes full with symbolism.
>>
>>81260776
Me too. That Superman would have failed kindergarden. "That's not how you talk to a colleague, Clark!"
>>
>>81263157

twice actually.
>>
>>81263188
Right before the time he says that his parents taught him something different.
>>
>>81263188
> when did he say this?
During the fight.
>>
>>81263188
>when did he say this?
Just before twirling Supes around for no real reason.
>>
>>81259821
He tried. Batman was being a dick
>>
>>81263209
He said it once then told Bats to "STAY DOWN!!" in a very non-friendly way. It would've been better if he tried NONCE___.
>>
>Batman was being a dick
>Fighting because of misunderstandings

Accurate and faithful to the comics.
>>
>>81263250
>>81263245
>>81263237

wasn't batman talking about Supes alien parents?
>>
>>81261723
>Just like him not throwing the spear at Doomsday
Wouldn't have worked. He was too weak to throw that far/hard.
>>
>>81263250
>for no real reason.
This right there.

Am I the only one who really didn't get any pleasure from this fight?
It happened for stupid reasons, between a Superman who disappointed me and didn't live up to the name, and a Batman who was manipulated into it. It was a useless and sad fight between two guys who could share a great friendship.

How do you make a franchise with two of the most inspirational characters ever, and manage to make it so depressing?

Superman especially is a sad tool (and I mean it in the "is used and told what to do" sense). He's either depressed or really mad. What the fuck.

Even when he's interacting with people, or saving them, he's making the face of a guy who'd rather be at home watching Netflix.
>>
>>81260508
>Well he did try talking, but Batman kept attacking
He said one sentence then flew Batman across a building. Stop protecting this fucking movie, please.
>>
>>81263295
I think you're missing the reason people are annoyed at the "fighting because misunderstandings". I think to some extent, everybody knew they would be fighting and then working together after trailer 2

The reason people are annoyed about it is because Snyder was going around for years telling people how the fight was going to be a clash of ideals, both sides would have a say of being in the right, it would be meaningful conflect etc. etc., basically the opposite of "Lex sets them up and MISUNDERSTANDINGS happen". There was no character conflict, no challenge of ideals, no sides or anything like that.
>>
>>81263303
He doesn't say alien. We can't for sure say what species he thought Supes parents were.

i got the vibe that he meant "your human parents were so amazed by your abilities that they told you you could do great things" but that's just me.
>>
>>81261138
This man speaks the truth. It's not a "bad cape movie" it's a bad movie.
>>
>>81261646
>from metropolis

From Kansas
>>
>>81261213
>Superman had no experience in explaining anything.

>Is a reporter
>CANNOT for the life of HIS EARTHEN MOTHER report FACTS.

DUDE, STOP!
>>
>>81263356
I'll just remind you that there are 0 scenes where Batman and Superman shake hands or acknoledge one another and there is 1 scene with a jar of Lex's piss.
>>
>>81263443
Besides since when do you need "experience" in explaining things?

"Bruce, Lex is setting us up. He kidnapped my mother and is making us fight."

There. Done.
>>
>>81261138
>judging a snyder movie from a cam rip

you might as well watch gravity and interstellar in cam quality as well.
>>
Also, the titular fight is like, what, 10-15 minutes?
>>
>>81263400
This is correct. Don't listen to the people defending this piece of shit.
>>
>>81263554
Also this.

>"Bruce, Lex is setting us up. He kidnapped my mother and is making us fight."
>YOUR SPEECH INCREASED TO 30
>>
>>81262568
Let me rewrite that scene:
>SUPERMAN: NO, pls! You don't understand! They'll kill my mother! They'll kill MARTHA!!

Done.
>>
Here's the deal.

I thought, from a writing standpoint, the Kryptonite was a spear so later Wonder Woman could use it to kill Doomsday.

Because killing monsters with the equivalent of a magic spear is a very Wonder Woman thing to do, ain't it? Makes more sense that Batman making a spear so he could really slowly kill Superman with it, right?

But no that's what happens in the movie, Batman intends to bring Superman down to the spear so he can give a speech and then stab him with it after when literally just holding a chunk of it out would've been enough.

I was expecting a chekov's gun style surprise, IT'S A SPEAR SO THE AMAZON CAN KILL THE MYTHIC BEAST.
>>
>>81263826
Don't forget the awful side plot of Loid throwing the spear in some water, then having to get it back.

That was the pinnacle of "we need to invent something for this character to do'
>>
>>81263554
even just being emotional about it

>YOU DON'T GET IT. HE HAS MY MOM!
>>
>>81263927
>HE HAS MARTHA!
ftfy
>>
>>81263400
>There was no character conflict, no challenge of ideals, no sides or anything like that.

That was kind of being tried to set up, but it really had no substance.

We can see Clark complaining to Morpheus about Batman and his method a couple times. We know that Batman doesn't like supes from his almighty position and how he isn't human.
But even then, is very weak and not about ideals at all.

Very childish
>I don't like you
>well I don't like you either!
>>
>>81263826
>the Kryptonite was a spear so later Wonder Woman could use it to kill Doomsday.
God forbid something clever and fun happens in that movie.
>>
>>81263911
When it comes to Lois, I'm more mad at
>has no backbone
>isn't the insuferable annoying, impressive badass of a woman who makes Perry go crazy and insults/defies her interlocutors
>doesn't pilot the helicopter herself
>is always on the verge of crying.
>>
How did Lex know Clark was Superman? I just watched the movie last night and I think I missed that.
>>
>>81263984
This whole Martha thing is the stupidest shit ever anyway..
>>
>>81264039
The same way Lois found out? Idk, Hack Snyder never showed.
>>
>>81264039
he's a super genius he knows everything m8

did he go to jail for kidnapping
>MARTHA
or did he go to jail for blowing up congress
or did he go to jail for creating Doomsday?
>>
>>81264069
>the straightest line to Superman is Lois Lane

Fucks sake, listen for a bit.
>>
>>81263826

You know what bothers me the most about this? It was the perfect opportunity to show a female character doing something powerful and meaningful in a way that positively impacted the story, and would have helped boost Wonder Woman's image and win over young female fans without being hamfisted. It would have been perfectly justified in that the Kryptonite makes Superman weak and Batman isn't strong enough to fatally stab Doomsday. Wonder Woman would have been crucial to the conclusion of the story.

But nope.
>>
>>81264088
And why did they shave his head?
>>
>>81264088
I THINK they say he went in for blowing up the congress.
>>
>>81259875
Joker's name is Marth Awayne
>>
>>81264114
SHE WAS HOLDING DOOMSDAY AT BAY WITH HER LASSO
>>
>>81264106
>One 8 line sentence to explain a major plot point of how Lex is smart enough to figured out who Superman is

That's a great way to write a movie.
>>
>>81264114
That would've given her an actual reason to be in this movie other than being and advertisement for the next movies.
>>
>>81264088
>or did he go to jail for creating Doomsday?
That one. It's not shown in the movie. There's a scene where a sort of SWAT team comes and gets him in the ship as he's talking to some guy.
That scene would have explained how he's brought to justice.

Without it you could only guess but considering Lex had control over the ship it wasn't a leap to figure he would go down very fast for it. He's kind of the only suspect if they're looking for one.
>>
>>81264088
Deleted scene has swat going into the Kryptonian ship after Doomsday is made and they find Lex there. He went to jail for creating Doomsday.
>>
>>81264163
SHE GAVE DOOMSDAY A SPEAR TOO!
>>
>>81264193
>>81264184
so where's Martha?
>>
>>81264184
>but considering Lex had control over the ship it wasn't a leap to figure he would go down very fast for it. He's kind of the only suspect if they're looking for one.

How did they know doomsday had anything to do with the ship though?
>>
>>81264208
AFTER CUTTING HIS HAND OFF
>>
File: tap x to keep your cool.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
tap x to keep your cool.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>>81264153
You motherfucker!
>>
>>81264163

Yeah, and a lot of good that did, considering his arms were free to fatally stab Superman anyway.
>>
>>81264241
WELL THEN, SOME HELP SHE GAVE, HUH? NICE JOB WONDER WOMAN, IF YOU WEREN'T THERE SUPERMAN WOULD BE STILL AROUND!

That smirk bitch
>>
>>81259821
he have very little faith in the crazy person branding and killing people
>>
>>81264163
And Bat shot Kryptonite at him.

>TEAMWORK

I actually liked that. Just like I liked that Supes would rather do the killing himself (MAN OF MURDER) rather than sending someone else to take the risk. Very Superman.

And then they killed him.

>>81264178
Well not a "reason" (she had a foggy at best motivation) but it would certainly have made her look very cool. Great publicity for her movie.
>>
>>81264283
If she wasn't there Doomsday would have left the island.

Who was gonna hold him off without her?
Batman?
>>
>>81264237
he came out bursting from the ship. With lots of cameras filming it.

And Lex was the only person present there.
>>
>>81264327
He has krytonite. In the form of a spear. But I'm just joking here. Although it would be much better if WW did the finishing blow to Doomsday.
>>
>>81264400
Yeah, I know this is all light.
But no, it had to be Superman.
>>
>>81264299
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>81264378
thank you I was sleeping during that part.

Still no irrefutable proof he CREATED doomsday. Probably something like
>he released it by accident cuz he can't handle alien tech that well your honor
>>
>>81264461
Don't they say at the end he was imprisoned for the congress bombing?

Also: this movie doesn't show us anything, just tells.
>>
>>81264461
Yeah, the specifics are foggy. But point is they went to the ship, found Lex there in an incriminating position and took him in.

And shaved his hair.

>they could have had him lose it from exposure to something, but no
>>
>>81264426
???
>>
So, if superman is man of murder, would batman be man of manslaughter?

Rubber bullets may be nonlethal, but exploding cars aren't
>>
>>81264536
batmurder you unimaginative fuck.
>>
>>81264536
The Bullet Knight
>>
>>81264562
Batmanslaughter
>>
>>81264582
The Kneecap Crusader
>>
>>81264584
I love this one.
>>
File: 1428391051438.png (69KB, 211x198px)
1428391051438.png
69KB, 211x198px
Just came home from watching it.
Goddamn, it was just like with MoS, far too long and depressive.
>no explanation of laser bullets
>why the fuck is the flash a spaniard
>how did louise know to get the spear back
>why didn't fucking wonder woman spear the fucker
>superman not sinking into the ground pulling the titanic
That could be explained with him using flight.
At least lex wasn't as bad as the internet had made him, he was a lunatic but didn't do any OCD movements at all.
>>
>>81264717
>why the fuck is the flash a spaniard

I know right? Wally is black
>>
>>81264717
>how did louise know to get the spear back
She saw the heat vision
She'es smart
>>
>>81264717
>he was a lunatic
And that's a huge problem.
>Lex's a lunatic
>Joker's crazy
>Hayley is coocoo for Coco Puffs

Why have 3 Jokers going about your universe?
>>
"Hey Tony, Bucky was brainwashed and can't be held accountable for his actions"

There, was that so fucking hard? At least there's some gullibility because Supes and Bats hadn't met yet. Tony and Steve have built a friendship over the years that's gunna get torn apart for some hilariously bad reason
>>
>>81264833
And? Does CW being bad makes BvS good?
>>
>>81264833
>"Hey Tony, Bucky was brainwashed and can't be held accountable for his actions"

Even if that's the case, that doesn't change the fact that Cap doesn't agree with the Sokovia Accords, and both him and Tony have made up their minds about it.
>>
>>81264833
Holy shit, a time traveler! Did you go back to warn people about 9/11? DID YOU?
>>
>>81264833
>Tony and Steve have built a friendship over the years
Go back to bed Tony.
>>
>>81260264
Cap does his ex's grandaughter
>>
>>81264804
What really annoys me is Lex has aspergers and it's never acknowledged. He gets up on stage and makes a huge fool of himself. He sticks a jolly rancher into the mouth of a man he just met and starts licking his fingers. While talking to the senator of Kentucky he childishly mocks a southern accent.
He mimics Heath Ledger. "Want to know how I got these oldest lies in America?"
>>
>>81264833
Let the world court to decide that.
>>
>>81264961
>"Want to know how I got these oldest lies in America?"
Dude, I didn't even realised that. The more I talk about this movie, the worse it gets.
>>
>>81264009
You can see Clark being very disturbed by the photos of the people Batman has branded that he receives. His insistence to try to investigate further and finally giving an ultimatum to stop establish very firmly Superman not being cool with Batman's methods.
>>
>>81265181
Just like with Man of Steel

>tfw re reading my fave Supes books
>can clearly see what the writers took from them
>they weren't able to understand why it works and how to translate it to film

Looking at you Pa kent and the tornado.
>>
>>81265223
>You can see Clark being very disturbed by the photos of the people Batman has branded that he receives
For 2 seconds maybe. Stop lying to people. Shame on you, anon.
>>
>>81265223
>You can see Clark being very disturbed by the photos of the people Batman has branded that he receives.
Dude got a guy through a wall a day before. That's very high and mighty of him to complain about Batman.
>>
File: 1453558990031.jpg (157KB, 580x579px) Image search: [Google]
1453558990031.jpg
157KB, 580x579px
>not just letting wonder woman use the spear

last i checked kryptonite doesnt do shit to an amazon
>>
>>81265272
>Dude got a guy through a wall a day before. That's very high and mighty of him to complain about Batman.

Roughing up a notorious warlord a little is different from actively TORTURING people for kicks.
>>
>>81265403
She was restraining the guy.

Besides it's not in Superman's nature to send someone else to the slaughter. They had to stab him and remain there to keep the spear in.

Very in character for Superman...I suppose, considering he's not muh Supes anyway.
>>
Why the fuck dos Snyder make the kents weirdo fucks in this universe. The are supposed to be the most wholesome ethical righteous beings in the universe that make superman the most morally just person. Instead they shay out some emo creep who flies around and stares at you like some faggot autist
>>
>>81265404
Superman could have restrained the guy very easily without making him go through a wall.

All I'm saying is Superman doesn't mind breaking people's bones. he has nothing to say to Batman.
>>
>>81264833
>"Hey Tony, Bucky was brainwashed and can't be held accountable for his actions"
First of all, that's only part of the issue, the other is the Sokovia Accords which I doubt can be settled with a single conversation as well as the essential public outlook of the Avengers. Second, Tony already knows Bucky was brainwashed, everybody knows that. He just still wants him dead.
>>
>>81265459
>send someone else to the slaughter
No one said he should send anyone. Why didn't WW, out of her own volition, took the spear and finished the monster?
>>
>>81265403
amazons are supposedly offsprings of ancient kryptonian that landed in earth thousands of years ago
>>
>>81265272
Clark probably just absorbed the impact force, otherwise there wouldn't be an entire subplot dedicated to him being framed for the deaths in nairomi.
>>
>>81265404
>Roughing up a notorious warlord a little

not that guy but he tackled him through MULTIPLE FUCKING WALLS
>>
>>81265565
She was busy restraining him.

Besides you know what I meant. Supes would rather take the risk himself than send someone else...presumably.
>>
>>81265459
I'm going to assume that a centuries old Amazonian warrior goddess is a shade more skilled with a spear than a dunce reporter from bumfuck Kansas. She was putting in work on Doomsday with just her shield and sword without really taking to many shots in return. I think she could have carved him up based on how the fight was going, and Doomsday would have gotten weaker every time she struck him.

I agree with you about it not being Supes style though, and it is kind of necessary for the plot I guess.
>>
>>81265628
Why not change it around: Supers hold him and WW kills him.

I'm saying it would be better because it would give WW some impact on the movie.

People would go:
>Remember when Wonder Woman killed Doomsday?
Instead they're going:
>Remember when Wonder Woman showed up at the end of the movie?
>>
>>81265593
I like to think Clark made the initial contact with the walls with his head and arm.
>>
>>81265693
>Instead they're going:
>>Remember when Wonder Woman showed up at the end of the movie?

To be fair, she was by far the most useful person in the fight.
>>
>>81265404
>Roughing up
Didn't Superman put him through 3 walls? That's pretty much "if he ain't dead he's a vegetable" level.
>>
>>81265697
That's a major problem with this movie: it never shows us anything.
>>
>>81265721
this observation furthers the theme of power
batman can barely do anything and struggles
superman can seemingly do it all and struggles
wonder woman is the one who knows what she's doing
>>
>>81265721
To be even more fair she didn't do much besides being at the center of that dubstep club of a cgi fight.
>>
>>81265783
Batman's role in the fight was exactly as it should have been. Don't die and wait for the right moment to weaken Doomsday with his last kryptonite grenade. The Doomsday fight I think was done very well, Superman being the heavy hitter, Wonder Woman being the skilled warrior, and Batman just waiting for his moment to fuck the big bad with the perfect gadget. The only thing I didn't get is why the Superman, the only person who has no formal martial arts or weapons training and also a deadly weakness to kryptonite was the one to deliver the killing blow with a kryptonite spear that almost killed him just by holding it. But again, I agree that it works for the plot of the movie and movieverse going forward.

I still think it would have been cool if once the spear was recovered, Superman jumps back into the fight to start pounding on Doomsday again and Lois tosses the spear to Wonderwoman. Superman could have knocked Doomsday to the ground or something where Batman than hits him with the K-grenade, and then Lois tosses Wonder Woman the spear (cue girl power moment) who finishes him off in badass Amazonian warrior style.

But I'm still happy with the way it went.
>>
>>81265693

It wasn't only stabbing Doomsday and then he fell dead, it did take a while for him to die due to it. Supes might not have know if this strange woman that appeared out of nowhere would be able to handle it.
>>
>>81266048
Again, why does it have to an order from Superman?

>Super is busy fighting Doomsday with Diana
>Diana gets thrown out of the fight
>Bruce: "Hey girl, that's probably some kryptonian shit right there. Go over to that church. There's a spear that can kill it!"
>WW kills it
>Lois: "Wow, who is she?"
>Clark: "Idk, but she was a real wonder, woman!"
>>
>>81266262
I'm okay with this.
>>
>>81262502
>That guy is suddenly A-okay and you consider yourself a friend of him because his mom's name is the same as yours?
The revelation humanized him in Bruce's eyes. He'd spent the entire movie considering Clark a heartless force of destruction just waiting for the opportunity to strike and, in that moment, he realized just how wrong he'd been.
>>
>>81265996
people accuse me of being a shill and shit especially in /tv/ but i i'm ready to talk about the fights seemed like pure plot points, the pure logic of narrative
it's weird to me because on one hand i think its fair to say that its tired literary tropes or that it's precisely that; pure narrative ideas on screen
barring colors moving around everything on screen becomes extremely simple in the fight with doomsday, in fact it's very dreamlike
instead of something choreographed it's like the movie barely escapes becoming still images
>>
>>81264954
Grandniece*

It's a little different.
>>
>>81262882
That's because you're pansy liberals that think everything MUST be solved by talking.
Well I got news for you weakling, sometimes solving stuff by violence is much more satisfying.
>>
>>81266822
What was Bruce gonna do anyway? He shouldn't kill anyone, let alone superman. Not even in DKR he tries to kill him, just prove a point. The whole spear thing is bullshit Zack edgy fanwank.
>>
>>81267315
>That's because you're pansy liberals that think everything MUST be solved by talking.
No, it's just that when things CAN be solved by talking and not otherwise to the detriment of everyone involved, it comes off as stupid
>>
>>81259985
I thought he was playing Slade?
>>
I wonder if DC would benefit from selling their Batman and Superman rights to someone else, and be forced to put forth movies about their lesser known characters, who'd need good movies to be known. Suicide Squad kind of fits, but they should take it further.

That or simply adapt stories to the big screen like they do in the animated shows. No need for inter-connectivity or even having the same actors for the same character across movies. DC's else-worlds would make bank if properly branded.
>>
>>81266822

During the scene where Bats is ranting at Supes I was expecting something a little different.

>I bet your parents taught you you were SPECIAL. That you were brought here for some REASON. My parents taught me a DIFFERENT LESSON, lying in the street.
>Dude my father taught me that I should let children die and that saving the day results in drowning horses. IT IS A MIRACLE THAT I CAME OUT THIS WAY.
>>
>>81259821
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the high calibur machine guns.
>>
>>81267751
don't fall for memes brah
>>
>>81259889
>He tried, Bruce attacked everytime
Dude theres a moment in the movie where superman goes 'you don't understand' obviously alluding to his reason for being there.
Batman replies 'I UNDERSTAND' and superman shoves him so hard he flies back like thirty feet.

That was fucking dumb. That was snyder going ' i need these two to keep fighting so i have to make them as dumb as humanly possible'.
The entire fight happening in the first place is predicated on batman being stupid despite being paranoid (apparently the only thing batman is NOT paranoid about his being manipulated into killing superman).
Superman fighting batman is predicated on him being too stupid to explain his mother in danger that would take all of twenty seconds.
Lois is stupid because she knows Lex knows who superman is and is manipulating him and still never explains this to superman in any of the time between when she finds out and the final confrontation.
Lex luthor is stupid because he does all this bullshit without once taking a single precaution to prevent himself from being discovered and thrown in fucking prison at the end.

The entire movies forward thrust is predicated on every single person involved being a complete idiot at just the right moment.
>>
>>81263157
HE TRIED UUUU!
>>
>>81261138
This is so true.
>>
>>81263570
The Zod fight was 5 minutes and everybody bitches that it's 40 minutes of them knocking down building like bowling pins.
>>
>>81268639
>Batman replies 'I UNDERSTAND' and superman shoves him so hard he flies back like thirty feet.
I audibly groaned in the theater when this happened. It's the moment where I (completely) gave up on it being a good movie.
>>
>>81269065
The name of the movie isn't Superman vs. Zod though

Also at least he fought Zod twice along with the other Kryptonians
>>
>>81266822
Dude knew Clark had parents. Suddenly learning that his mom had the same name should no importance other than "ha. that's funny".

We're talking about the fate of humanity here. Dude was hellbent on killing him and straight up changed his mind for a stupid reason.
>>
>>81266048
>Supes might not have know if this strange woman that appeared out of nowhere would be able to handle it

>"It's not from this world, it's from mine."
>"I've killed things from other worlds before."
>"She with you?"
>>
>B-BUT BATMAN ATTACKED HIM
Batman basically attacked Supes with an air horn and nerf darts. He wasn't harmed and could have just said "Stop that, my mom needs help." Boom.
>>
>>81269613

He just has a weakness for anything related to his parents.

Maybe i have bad taste, and this is the first time i see a movie in a theater since the early 00's, so maybe i'm biased, but anyway, the movie was great.
>>
Y'all retarded
Supes wasnt ever going to kill him
Bats was clearly irrational
He just was gonna rough him up a little first to get him thinking straight, but then of course Supes got JUSTed himself
>>
>>81264069
>Super Genuines
Superman always hung out around Lois' apartment. Clark and Lois are dating.

Superman always follows Lois around. Doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.
>>
>>81270298
Not to mention the only two places the kryptonians attacked directly were smallville and metropolis.
>>
I hated Lex in this. Acting nothing like any good version of Lex.
Eisenburg was a terrible choice. Dude doesn't have that vaillain aspect to his voice or body language.
Fucking hell, just read or watch All Star Superman for a good idea of how Lex should behave.
>>
>>81270724
>Acting nothing like any good version of Lex
He had qualities of Byrne and Azarello Lex.
Get the head out of your ass.
Thread posts: 190
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.