[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/co/mrades, what are the best swords and sorcery comics? Not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 1404791055687.png (198KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1404791055687.png
198KB, 500x500px
/co/mrades, what are the best swords and sorcery comics?

Not something super high fantasy. I want muscular heroes fighting with swords on fantastical adventures.

Aside from Conan.
>>
Groo and Cerebus. Conanesque comics are best when they're parodies (IMO).
>>
>>81255642
That's not really what I'm looking for. Parody and satire is great and all, but I want some hard nosed fantasy here.
>>
File: 51q79XzTsAL._SS500_.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51q79XzTsAL._SS500_.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
IDW's Dungeons and Dragons. Fell's Five was fantastic. Shame it got cancelled.

I think Pathfinder's been pretty solid too myself.

And the one I can't recommend enough is pic fucking related
>>
>>81255530
Con-
>Aside from Conan
Ah fuck.

You ever read any Crossgen? There was, um, Scion, that was fun, and uh, what was that one with the fake picts versus the fake Romans...
>>
>>81255828
>Crossgen
I actually really enjoyed Way of the rat. I'd loved to have seen the heroes save the princess from the deepest hell.

>>81255789
I was kind of hoping for a badass hero. While Bone is great from what I can tell the protagonist is rather useless.
>>
Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser
>>
File: thorn1.jpg (45KB, 360x400px) Image search: [Google]
thorn1.jpg
45KB, 360x400px
>>81255846
>While Bone is great from what I can tell the protagonist is rather useless.

Bone is the focal character. Thorn serves the hero role that you want
>>
>>81256048
What exactly is Bone, anyway?
>>
File: Conan_the_Barbarian_Vol_2_2.jpg (441KB, 980x1503px) Image search: [Google]
Conan_the_Barbarian_Vol_2_2.jpg
441KB, 980x1503px
>>81255530

THE BEST SWORDS AND SORCERY STORY OF ALL TIME!

OF ALL TIME!!!!
>>
>>81256273

>>81255530

>aside from conan

WOOPS!
>>
I've been meaning to ask this, how are the Amethyst of gemworld comics? I've been interested since the cartoon shorts.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.