[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be a firefighter in Washington DC >hear about Superman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 12

File: image.jpg (26KB, 467x265px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 467x265px
>be a firefighter in Washington DC
>hear about Superman having to testify in front of congress
>watch the hearing with coworkers at the firehouse
>suddenly the house of congress explodes
>get the call a minute later to come put out the fire and investigate the scene
>all of us are rattled as fuck on the way there
>manage to put the blaze, Investigators and DCPD arrive to check it out
>blast markings and debris indicate that the explosion came from the upper right hand corner of the room where some dude in a high tech LexCorp wheelchair was sitting
>apparently that dude had a criminal record and hated Superman
>"Well, looks cut and dry, there was a bomb in the wheelchair."
>someone asks how some cripple with no engineering experience fit a bomb into a super high tech wheelchair and managed to sneak it through airport security
>"Hey, look!"
>one of them found a mason jar full of accelerant on one of the desks

Fucking alien, I knew he did it.
>>
>>81238328
I know this is bait, but I'll bite.

People didn't blame Superman for causing the explosion, they blamed him for not preventing it.
>>
File: 1446651519830.png (1MB, 786x1220px) Image search: [Google]
1446651519830.png
1MB, 786x1220px
IT WAS URINE NOT ACCELERANT
>>
The real question is how Superman didn't find the bomb with his super senses or, failing that, why he didn't use his super speed to take the bomb away the instant it started to explode.

The fun thing is this scene works narratively whether Superman pushes away the bomb saving everyone apart from the guy in the wheelchair, or whether he lets everyone die and then stands around looking mildly pissed.
>>
>>81238495
>The real question is how Superman didn't find the bomb with his super senses

He wasn't looking for it, he even says as much when he's talking to Lois. He was upset, distracted, and didn't believe that anyone could do something like serve as a suicide bomber inside the Capitol, ESPECIALLY when he's already deep in guilt-tripping himself over the man's condition in the first place.
>>
>>81238495
I'm pretty sure only the flash can do that last part. Supes doesn't have slowed down senses.
>>
File: 1454197169080.jpg (52KB, 711x619px) Image search: [Google]
1454197169080.jpg
52KB, 711x619px
That was a good scene.

Superman avoided the wheelchair dude's gaze out of shame however if he was brave enough to look at the wheelchair guy he would of seen the bomb with his supervision and prevented it.
>>
>>81238584

Supes can move fast, but not THAT fast.

>>81238590

I bitch a good deal about how mopey and passive Supes is in this movie, but yeah in that context this scene is totally in character for how his character's been set up.
>>
>>81238584
>>81238642
Superman is instantly there when Lex throws Lois off a building, even though he has no idea anything is happening with her. The very same movie establishes Superman as That Fucking Fast.
>>
>>81239323
Supes is always tracking lois, did you not see the movie? he was in Africa with her when he could be saving the world
>>
>>81238392
I know that people didn't blame Superman, what I was trying to point out was how obvious it was that Lex was to blame.

>>81238416
I am aware. It was a joke.
>>
>>81238590
Dude, Superman isn't a fucking puppy. He doesn't get all mopey and sad just because someone gave him a shitty look for something he may or may not have been responsible for.
>>
Is it safe to assume that the superheroes in this movie don't actually save anybody? Family members and love interests not withstanding.
>>
File: twilight.jpg (95KB, 337x500px) Image search: [Google]
twilight.jpg
95KB, 337x500px
>>81240022
>Supes is always tracking lois
Does Superman watch Lois sleep every night?
>>
>>81240181
Batman saved some Asian chicks from prostitution on the first act. Also, the first criminal to received the bat brand was a serial child rapist
>>
>>81240563
He wasn't saving them, that dude didn't give Bats his money.
>>
>>81240563
>Batman saved some Asian chicks from prostitution
I can accept that. What's sad though is when you compare it to Marvels movies. Just watched Age of Ultron the other day and they spend 30+ minutes total working on saving people.

It's especially sad since saving people is Superman's one job.
>>
>>81240685
the montage of Superman saving people didn't really look as good as I hoped it to be either.
>>
>>81240758
lemme guess, it was slow-mo and he looked like Jesus in every one
>>
>>81240515
Of course dummy, he sleeps with her
>>
File: Doug_photo.jpg (65KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
Doug_photo.jpg
65KB, 430x430px
>>81240794
He was cold, distant and barelly reacted to the people around him.
He probably smilled only on one scene.

Fuck, he feels more kryptonian than human for the audience for moat of the movie. The fact that he obsses over a Planet that he never knew doesn't help, and this hurt the narrative. Cavil AS HIMSELF feels more like a proper characterization for this kind of movie than the script.
>>
>>81239323
and yet curiously indifferent to his mum screaming for help.
>>
>>81241149
>Fuck, he feels more kryptonian than human for the audience for moat of the movie

I feel as though that was the point, since the movie concludes his arc with Supes going "no Lois, this is my world, you're my world" and then doing a Jesus

It's just a mess
>>
>>81240758
It was terrible because it's shot in slo-mo, its tone is undercut by the TV debates going on and Superman just looks depressed the whole time so there's no inspiration there
>>
>>81238328
I respect you for your service but that sounds retarded. Kal-El is our lord and savior taking a new form. He died on Good Friday, coincidence? I think not.
>>
>>81241205
If I remember correctly they kept her in Gotham because all the buildings were lined in lead. I'm not defending anything I just remember that for some reason.
>>
>>81241448
Yes it was the intention.

Its just stupid, but the typical thing that would happen with the way that he was educated.
>>
>>81241448
I agree with you that they're intentionally playing up the alien angle. The problem is that we've now had two full movies that have emphasized the alien side of Clark while almost ignoring the human side, and at the end of this one he's "dead."

The human upbringing is the most important part of Superman's character, and they're ignoring it almost entirely so they can more effectively shove in heavy-handed jesus imagery.
>>
>>81242896
I liked that not everyone was calling him "Kal" in this movie
>>
>>81238328
Would have been better if the chair made supes go solar flare like Zod. Then he'd have tried to escape into space to protect everyone, but probably still kill a ton of people in the building. Thus MAKING IT LOOK LIKE SUPES KILLED A BUNCH OF POLITICIANS WHO QUESTIONED HIM, THUS JUSTIFYING BRUCE GOING ON THE WAR PATH.

Also why the fuck wasn't it just a hearing on the Black Zero event? I'm almost certain this film could have been cut down to 1.5 hours.
>>
>>81240515
This isn't Superman Returns.
>>
>>81238495
Maybe if they hinted at what type of bomb it was I'd agree but I just assumed it was just some sorta undetectable shit. Since it's Lex it could have been some sorta chemical reaction bomb.
>>
>>81238495
>The real question is how Superman didn't find the bomb with his super senses or, failing that, why he didn't use his super speed to take the bomb away the instant it started to explode.
>The fun thing is this scene works narratively whether Superman pushes away the bomb saving everyone apart from the guy in the wheelchair, or whether he lets everyone die and then stands around looking mildly pissed.

"Ever tried facing your victims in court?"

I'm just saying, the wheelchair explosive plot was a good plan. It's based on emotional manipulation: It depended on Superman being too ashamed to even look at the guy. Because he avoided even glancing at him, never mind that he wouldn't even think to use his "X-Ray" vision, he would never see the bomb coming. And because the bomb incident could have been entirely avoided -- had he only looked! -- it would only make Superman feel all the worse for it!
>>
>>81246034
In a series that's getting this dark all I can think of is the scene if he had noticed.

>Superman glances over
>Sees the bomb
>Makes the slightest gesture
>Bomb goes off
>>
My question is why did Lex let Mercy die?
>>
>>81246359
I want robo mercy
>>
>>81246359
because he already has supergirl
>>
So I know people say that this superman was terrible but I felt like he was a good man in a bad world
He stopped following Bruce to fly to Mexico to save a little girl
He sacrificed his own life to stop doomsday
When he thought Batman was going to kill him his only thought was swallowing his pride and begging him to save his mother
He stopped in the middle of a fight with Doomsday to possibly save a life of someone he didnt know was Lois
He sees the nukes coming but still holds down doomsday not even knowing if he can possibly tank a missile
And that scene with Lois before his death was absolutely classic Clark
Dont get me wrong there was some terrible scenes like the first confrontation with Batman and others but overall I actually thought Superman was more close to being the good guy he was always meant to be in this movie than Man of Steel
>>
>>81246385
Metallo Mercy, even.
>>
>>81246492
I just wish he didnt have to act like helping people was duch a big burden
>>
If Superman could hear Lois screaming from that far away why couldn't he hear his mom screaming?
>>
>>81242655
what about when she was getting kidnapped
>>
>>81238328
>Superman
>needing a bomb to blow shit up

Nope.
Batman clearly did that shit.
>>
>>81246492
I really do like Henry's superman. It's in his voice and his facial expression he can be the sort of compassionate Superman from the comics, but Snyder and Goyer just won't allow that for some reason.
>>
LEX "Urine Trouble Now!" LUTHOR
LEX "Tea or Pee?" LUTHOR
LEX "In a jar because you went too far" LUTHOR
>>
>>81239323

We have no context for the distance between the fall site and where Superman was at the time. Plus as previously mentioned Supes is paranoid of Lois's habit of getting into shit in the universe (rightly so )
>>
>>81242896
I fucking hate how they kept hitting the MUH JESUS thing but Supes never once said "hey listen, I'm not a God, just a man with power who wants to do the right thing."
>>
>>81247267
These f*cking puns!
>>
File: Batman_vs_superman.png (88KB, 250x265px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_vs_superman.png
88KB, 250x265px
>>81238328
>accelerant
>>
>>81242655
So he couldn't hear her mutter Clark in Gotham, but he can hear Lois getting blacked in Africa?
>>
File: 1459122620457.jpg (49KB, 698x247px) Image search: [Google]
1459122620457.jpg
49KB, 698x247px
>>81246359
because hack snyder
>>
>>81241149
He looked kinda pissed that he had to help them as Superman.

Like he was thinking, "Man I could be creeping on Lois or making vague threats at Batman right now."

Could we get a shot of him rescuing a kid from something and smiling. I can't really care about him with how little personality he is given.
>>
>>81248590
NO
>>
>>81240515

Well he does sleep next to her so probably
>>
>>81248704
Can we get a shot with horses drowning in the background while he has to snap a cripples neck to save Lois from drowning?
>>
>>81248149
I know Lex steeals dozens of cakes at a time but does he have to steal Winny the Pooh's honey too?
>>
>>81246359
he's willing to sacrifice anyone for his goals
>>
>>81248472

He was probably in the area already.

He would have found out at some point that Lois was doing an interview with a warlord (because, you know, they live together), and decided to keep watch from a distance.
>>
>>81246492
this
people are misreading or straight up misrepresenting superman's character in the movie. as he himself states, he wants to do good but he's not sure what that means within the world he's confronted with. doing good isn't a zero sum game. add to that the fact that the world fears him when he just wants to help and you have a sad dude.
he's actually tearing up when he flies to fight bruce
at every turn he tries to show everyone that despite what people think his motivations are he just wants to do the right thing. i loved how lex tried to put him in a no win situation that eventually didn't pan out because of bruce stepping outside of himself and seeing superman as he is
i actually appreciate the way they play the world and it's relation to superman
>>
>>81246359

Because he's Lex Goddamn Luthor

He didn't let her die because he was distracted by a situation on the other side of the board, he intentionally sacrificed a pawn to kill a queen and threaten a king.
>>
Honestly theres a few scenes worth questioning in this movie but this isnt one of them.
Its honestly a pretty perfect scene and I loved it.

even if they killed off stick bug mercy
>>
>>81246359
>My question is why did Lex let Mercy die?

Because he already used her in the most critical part of the plot.

That wasn't Lex's pee in the jar. It was Mercy's.
>>
>>81246492
He is the reason there was an alien invasion on the first place. Everything bad can be traced to him. It's a shame they didn't played with the idea of Luthor being right and instead they had to make him the villain of the story
>>
>>81250684

I wish they'd left the Communion scene in the theater cut, because it provides on-screen justification for Luthor's apparent inconsistency, but it would have confused too many normies.
>>
File: fdshwetjw.png (89KB, 169x170px) Image search: [Google]
fdshwetjw.png
89KB, 169x170px
>>81250684
>he loved the piss jar scene

Nigga am I reading this correctly
>>
>>81240758
>>81241149
I think its got a lot to do with how uncomfortable the godlike treatment made him
You could tell he doesnt see himself as anything other than a man, but people were literally bowing infront of him

I mean, I might just be looking too deep into shallow water but thats what I got from it
>>
>>81250791

I thought it was structurally great myself.

It helps if you remember that this universe's Luthor is literally a psychotic child who pretends to be chipper and geek charming in person but it takes all of 5 seconds to crack his mask. On stage, even.
>>
>>81238416

It was granny's peach tea!
>>
Quick question, Does Superman kill anyone in the movie? or was it just Batman?
>>
>>81250897

Supes saves Lois from an Africa Dude by punching him through like five walls, but they cut the scene which confirmed he survived, so it looks like he just wrecked a fool for stepping to his lady
>>
>>81250765
Yeah, honestly I came out of the movie thinking he meant "the universe has heard it" symbolically. But I'm glad theres one less thing that feels out of place for /co/ to be bitching about

>>81250791
I actually thoroughly enjoyed the movie from start to finish pls no bully
>>
>>81250858

This movie is Luthor's origin story, or at least the origin for the Luthor we know from previous media.

He's a jumpy, immature maniac for most of BvS, but still manipulative and brilliant. The ordeals he went through in this movie, namely his Faustian deal with the Kryptonian ship and the corruption by Darkseid, will plant the seeds for our cold and confident Lex in the movies to come.
>>
>>81251021

Dude, there's no way this universe's Lex is going to become the perpetually smug cunt Lex.

His mind is a shattered ruin.
>>
>>81250935

They might have been too subtle with showing Darkseid's influence on Lex. A really key piece of evidence is Lex ranting about "the dark space between the stars" or something along that line, which is very evocative of Apokolips.
>>
>>81251048
And prison hardens a man. You see, you do not truly understand the will to evil until you've witnessed and participated in what goes on behind those steel bars. The will to evil, to ruthlessness is like an iron in the forge. There is only one way to shape it–and that is with a searing blaze. Not everyone comes out unscathed.

He already dealth with one monster before.

Back then he didn't have teeth.

This time daddy isn't there, and now we can see if the pup can bite.
>>
>>81251048

Maybe not perpetually smug, but I'm placing a solid bet for smug Lex with a very thin and easily breakable mask.

Something goes wrong and he has to pause and collect himself for a second. Two things go wrong and his speech patterns go awry like the party scene. Three things go wrong and Lex straight up stabs the nearest person while screaming about Yuga Khan and genesis chambers.
>>
>Be a firefighter in National City
>Crazy bitches are beating the cutie in skirt
>Save the day by shooting water at the electric dyke
>Red Roadrunner doesn't do shit
>>
>>81250793
that is it
as has been stated a lot here and even in the movie itself, doing good isn't a zero sum game and the world's reaction to superman confuses and saddens clark

it is precisely this disconnect that is the meaning of the fight with batman, and also the fight with doomsday allusions to ... jesus. superman confronts mortality, therefore understanding the human situation then acts as completely embracing the world through complete love and acceptance and forgiveness
>>
>>81240181
No
>>
>>81251295

Calling it now, Lex brutally murders a few people in prison but frames the murders on other people, and puts on a good show of being the scared, damaged, unfortunate bystander. He eventually gets transferred to a high-security psych facility, and worms his way out with false recovery and legal shenanigans.
>>
>>81251021
>The ordeals he went through in this movie, namely his Faustian deal with the Kryptonian ship and the corruption by Darkseid, will plant the seeds for our cold and confident Lex in the movies to come.
i had been waiting for a good moment bring this up because this is going over everyone's heads, i am pretty sure this is the first time anyone has mentioned that on here
frankly everything about lex implies so much shit and his propulsion i think addresses evil itself
>>
I honestly didn't mind Batman killing people. It was a bit weird to see him kill all those dudes from his plane when he was going to save Ma, only to resort to non lethal tactics inside the building once he engaged in close quarters with 2 dozen heavily armed mercenaries, and then only to switch back to lethal for the last dude.
>>
>>81251472
>Calling it now, Lex brutally murders a few people in prison but frames the murders on other people, and puts on a good show of being the scared, damaged, unfortunate bystander. He eventually gets transferred to a high-security psych facility, and worms his way out with false recovery and legal shenanigans.

Well now we both know this'll be the case. The parole board will accept his sob story, and there are many private interests that will want to see him out of jail.
>>
>>81251578

He gets rusty if he doesn't disassemble people with his bare hands every once in a while.
>>
>>81251578
He only kills 6 people on the movie. one guy from the plane, granade trio andKGBeast and the other guy. The car guys "could had survived wink wink". He never killed before jason's death, and it's hinted he has only killed since Superman appeared. And stops once he recovers faith in humanity thanks to Superman.
>>
>>81251709

Yeah, it's pretty important to keep in mind that this is a Batman who's been Batmanning for twenty solid years.

At one point he was Mr. Break-Every-Bone-But-Don't-Kill, but he's been through some considerable shit.
>>
File: Luthor motivation.jpg (107KB, 996x650px) Image search: [Google]
Luthor motivation.jpg
107KB, 996x650px
>>
One scene that confused me is the one where Bruce's checks not being received by the cripple.

Is it Luthor?
What is the significance of that scene?
I'm pretty sure Bruce wouldn't think it was Supes blocking it, would he?
>>
>>81252084

It was Luthor, yeah

He was sending the checks back

He's also the one that sent Supes the BAT OF BRUTALITY photos and newsclippings
>>
>>81250758
Sup, Cracked.com reader.
>>
>>81238328
Look what you green has wrought!
>>
>>81238328
About as likely as Superman shooting a bunch of people in Africa.
>>
File: 1457452847-20160308.png (331KB, 684x1259px) Image search: [Google]
1457452847-20160308.png
331KB, 684x1259px
>>
>>81238328
I'd like to imagine that after the bomb went off Superman looked around and decided he'd try to pay attention next time before flying past all the first responders. He tells them that nobody survived

But he managed to save the jar of granny's peach tea
>>
>>81248098
>f*cking
Does your mom proofread your posts?
>>
>>81238328
Why didn't the movie ever show Superman in a good and respectable light?
Even in the little montage of him saving people, it was painted in such a way where we should fear his power and influence, as well as what a burden the world is on Superman for some reason.

Why did they never properly portray what a hero Superman is and how great he is? If they had then they could have much more effectively built a contrast between the idealized heroics and ideals, and the real and true fears that the movie kept beating you over the head with. It would have made everything so much more striking.

The way the movie was actually handled though, it was essentially just fear, fear, and fear upon more fear. It muddled everything together and there was basically no contrasts to speak of. It even left an impression of the world itself as inconsistent where you have to give the world the benefit of the doubt and assume things almost not even hinted at by the actual movie itself.

Like the monument in Superman's honour. Whose idea was it to even build that? You would assume that the people built it in gratitude towards Superman and that they actually respect and like what he has done and what he is doing. But none of that was ever shown in the film. Actually, the first scene involving the monument is when a guy who fucking hates Superman vandalizes it.
Likewise when Superman is invited to congress. The media all speak of how scary Superman is. And every line even alluding to Superman ever having done anything good was immediately followed up by questioning his trustworthiness. The congress was surrounded by anti-alien protesters. And while said congress was supposedly also surrounded by Supes fans, the fans were never in the centre of the camera, and it instead focused on and even zoomed in on the anti-alien crowd.
>>
>>81256552
It's like they sort of just kind of recognized in the corner of the camera that there are people who are fans of Superman. But it's as if the movie never wanted to bring up or recognize why there are even fans. Instead it just looks everyone fucking hates him. And every little thing he does, be it good or bad, was criticized to hell and back in the movie.

Why couldn't they just have painted Superman in a more positive light and played up on the contrasts more? This almost complete lack of contrasts almost even makes the legitimate criticism of Superman fall flat.
We know that there is more to Superman because we know Superman as a character of DC Comics beyond MoS and BvS. But if all Superman was, was all that is actually presented in MoS and BvS, then the huge debate the movie wanted to push doesn't even make much sense. If all that there was, was this grim and gritty light without contrasts that Superman was presented in, then everyone should have just hopped onto the fear and anti-alien train. The movie needed the contrasts not only to enhance what the movie was already doing, but also to have it make sense to begin with.
>>
part of the point of the movie is hope and perseverance in the face of doubt and cynicism
superman himself is always painted in a positive light mainly by his own actions. throughout the movie, always does the right thing
the contrast in BvS was between gotham and metropolis. bright blue metropolis and dark grimy gotham
ascension, and ultimately victory and triumph is what the movie portrays

when the guy is vandalizes the monument, people around him react. the movie itself answers the cynical question of must there be a superman and says yes, ultimately saying that we should all are superman 'if you seek his monument look around you' batman himself talks of his failure and decided to live by his example
>>
>>81256416
>Triggered: The Post
>>
>>81238328
Superman looked so hilariously stupid in the aftermath of that bombing.
>>
>>81256552
I have this feeling in the back of my head that the reason they killed off Superman in this is so that they don't have to write him into any stories between now and JL
>>
File: _1436830172.jpg (33KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
_1436830172.jpg
33KB, 600x350px
>>81256416
No, Anon. It was an entirely self-motivated effort. I sometimes do that deliberately on the off chance that some impulsive stranger would find themselves unable to withhold the urge to berate me for it. And it seems that you were unable to resist being so petty as to be bothered over such a paltry matter. Maybe you were simply looking to bump the thread; but if a stranger were to do that to me on the street, it'd be a safer assumption to attribute their action to malice. You've been painfully petty over it, and the irony of taking the time to point this out is not lost on me.

One single letter absent in self-censorship, and you have to be so garrulous, so haughty as to not fasten your tongue over it—announcing your indignation for the whole world to bear! Such a blustering, hide-bound wretch would live all the happier learning the value of a more retiring approach to posting. There is a silent majority that left that one word uncommented on. There knew the merits is silence, yet you acted against your better interests. Pointing it out with a quick tongue doesn't give it a cutting edge. It makes you a graceless, bore of a man for pointing out the blatant obvious.
>>
>>81238328

In the end lex is arrested for the capitol bombing more than any other reason. Media frenzy made it seem superman's involvement
>>
>>81238328
>>81238328

I was actually looking forward superman explaining himself to congress. They fucking blow the hearing to hell
>>
>>81257534
Not that anon but you probably should get your mum to proofread your posts.
>>
I'm surprised Lex didn't use the bomb as a way for the public to hate Superman for killing all those people, but NOPE it was the wheelchair guy they somehow found out.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.