[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so doomsday really... wasn't terrible? >hobbit cave

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 9

so doomsday really... wasn't terrible?

>hobbit cave troll

I get it. I see it, but it really didn't take away from him being a horrible imposing feral Frankenstein's monster. He could have used more spikes though.

also that whole final fight was the best action sequence out of any cape movie so far imo. snyder can do action better than anyone at marvel
>smashing supes into his own statue
>tanks a nuke
>heat vision so strong its leaks out of his mouth
>hulk jumps
>DBZ/godzilla lazer blast battle

I felt the bvs fight was really weak in comparison. I though we were gonna get a iron-bat suit but it was just glorified armor
>>
I didn't see what CGI was bad in this movie.

Or Age of Ultron. I liked both films and I get analpained at any kinds of changes whatsoever.

I think this just isn't the comic site for me.
>>
>>81221125
"SHIT CGI" is just an easy way to make a empty criticism about any movie
>>
>>81221096
This has to be bait, just because you can make it huge and nauseating doesn't make it good.
>>
>>81221317
I'm sure that catering to your refined tastes would have netted them more viewers
>>
File: Raughs.jpg (29KB, 600x379px) Image search: [Google]
Raughs.jpg
29KB, 600x379px
>>81221351
Or at the very least, a better score.
>>
>>81221096
I enjoyed it tonight as well. Thank you. More people must vocalize their enjoyment of this film and demonstrate how critics and even god damned /co/, is out of touch
>>
Daily reminder that BvS was better than both Age of Ultron and The Force Awakens.
>>
>>81221096

Honestly I'm glad they got Doomsday and Death of Superman out of the way. Doomsday is a shitty Superman villain and seriously didn't deserve a movie all about him. Shit even his origin in BVS is better than it was in the comics. Supes will come back the League will already be formed to fuck with Darkseid. I'm pumped. Suicide Squad gives a taste of more Batman too.
>>
He was a random plot device. Came out of Knowhere and didn't hold any form of inner struggle for the characters. he was basically just "we need a big thing for them to punch".

I mean it's not like Doomsday ever was that good a villain, but here he was just...there. Superman's death was lacking impact for many reasons including how hollow Doomsday's presence was.
>>
>>81221527
>>81221477
Nobody ever claimed Doomsday was a good villain, but you're idiots if you don't realise he's one of the THE most iconic villains.
>>
>>81221559
Pfffft
>>
>>81221449
Force Awakens is competent movie, so no, it's not better than that.
But certainly better than AoU. As much of a mess as it was, BvS at least told a coherent story
>>
>>81221559
When used right maybe.

Just having him present doesn't make it great just because he happens to be iconic. There's no point in using an iconic character or storyline if you can't understand and convey why it worked last time.
>>
>>81221096
They killed off any potential for a MoS sequel. I know the Death of Superman is a shit story but still, they ruined future installments
>>
>>81221599
>coherent story
I dunno about that.
>>
>>81221610
>When used right

He was used right in this movie.

He was just a big fat punching bag who existed to do some damage and be ultimately killed, zoned, or otherwise neutralized.

Doing anything else with Doomsday, worse, treating him like an actual character instead of an excuse for a few pages of action, is an insult to actual characters.

The very idea that you think he's iconic makes me throw up in my mouth.
>>
>>81221670
He is iconic, you fuckwit. Even normies know of him as "the villain who killed Superman".
>>
File: 1456281332823.jpg (22KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1456281332823.jpg
22KB, 600x400px
>>81221599
>Coherent story.

Anon... I love the movie utterly and completely, but it is not a well made movie.
>>
>>81221096
overall I think the Batman stuff was very enjoyable. him doing detective shit and all the leg work but it was all just a rehash of ideas that we've all scene done in the animated universe and comics(where they were done better). Snyder lacks originality and must pray to Frank Miller nightly
>>
>>81221684
Now they do.
>>
>>81221684
Bizzaro is iconic, doomsday is infamous.
>>
>>81221096
What bothers me about the fight is that so many movies make the same mistake. You don't have the protags not talk while fighting a monster that doesn't talk for an extended fight scene. That only works in martial arts movies and nowhere else.
>>
>>81221670
First off, I never said I thought he was iconic.

Second : by "used right" I meant using the character in the right context, with enough happening around Superman to make his death impactful enough.

Snyder's Supes is a moppy jesus who has no friends, no League inspired by him, no population unilaterally appreciating him for the hero he is, and no affection from the audience because he's a sad boring tool. And I say that as a Supesfag.

His death and burial were lacking in everything that made it so important in the books and other versions of that story line.

Besides, as far as the movie goes, his arrival and presence held no impact because he was just a plot device and the fight was ultimately boring to watch.
>>
He was a piece of shit solely because of his retarded Majinn Vegeta special.
I hope the extended cut is more hands on and violent because that fight was short as fuck and we could have done without that electric dome shit and more fighting to build up his spikes and have him muscle that AOE instead of spasm it.
>>
>>81221753
>and I say that at as a supesfag
Well opinion discarded then.
>>
Shouldn't a nuke at that altitude have caused an EMP that would have wiped out the entire Eastern seaboard's circuitry as well as a good portion of the Eastern North American continent's as well?
>>
>>81221818

No, Supes and Doomsday absorbed the bad rads
>>
This HAS to be bait, right? This made the Bayformers films look clean and coherent. I was blown away by what a visual clusterfuck that entire sequence was.
>>
Why couldn't Superman be a symbol for hope and an actual nice happy hero?

Couldn't Lex have made Doomsday to kill him out of jealousy or somethng?
>>
>>81221841
There was a large and sizable explosion, they obviously didn't absorb nearly enough. Besides which detonating a nuke above three heavily populated cities should have gotten some serious flak. The president should have been impeached and Swaneick down to the two faggots who held the safety keys should have been executed for war crimes.
>>
>>81221096
>Wonder woman was able to cut limbs off of Doomsday
So if Wonder Woman got a good hit in she would have soloed Doonsday?
Why not just use her sword instead of the spear that also weakens superman
>>
>>81221449
ill agree to this. force awakens was sloppy as fuck.
>>
>>81221885
I still say they should have saved Doomsday for a later film. They could have easily done someone like Metallo instead and wrote it in, it could have been someone who was heavily affected by the destruction at the end of MoS. But I guess that would just be doing another Batman in the film's view.
>>
>>81221898
Because plot contrivance. Snyder can't stop with the Supes=Jesus allegory and he needs his messiah resurrected for the next movie.
>>
>>81221898
Cutting off his hand did nothing but make him more deadlier.
>>
>>81221924
>But I guess that would just be doing another Batman in the film's view.

Thematically that would have been neat, though.

You have two people who want to murder Superman for what they believe are good reasons, but when it comes to it, one of them blinks.

Blinking is a good thing in this case, Owlman.
>>
>>81221891
they were in literal space
>>
>>81221096
Why was there a Jellyfish in the waters of the Kryptonian ship?
Anyway I didnt understand the transformation? What was the original purpose of the machine? I know Zod turned out like that since Luthor put his blood on him but given Lithor didn't put his blood what would have happened?
>>
File: 1380683538236.jpg (52KB, 599x225px) Image search: [Google]
1380683538236.jpg
52KB, 599x225px
>>81221317
>>81221844
>someone liked this movie? b-bait!

oh you fags never fail to entertain. but then again you're probably samefag
>>
>>81221962
But if the same effort was used on his head then they could have won earlier.
Or throw it at his heart
>>
>>81221981

It's another one of those stupid "you only have context for this shit if you have background info from the various comics".

Kryptonian cloning is verboten. It results in abominations.
>>
>>81221965
Yeah I could see that working out.

Both going through incredible lengths to try and kill Superman but Batman is the one who eventually realizes how crazy it all is. While the other guy goes to Lex (or manipulated by him) and becomes Metallo in some final bid to take down superman.

That would have been more awesome. It would have had a better buildup than just another monster fight.
>>
>>81221981
the original purpose was a breeding machine, but they left in the forbidden science program because
>>
>>81221527
>he was just a random plot device. Came out of Knowhere and didn't hold any form of inner struggle for the characters he was basically just "we need a big thing for them to punch."
So it's just like doomsday from the comics?
>>
>>81221967
They were in the upper atmosphere, coincidentally where a nuke would do just what I described. The explosion propelled Supes into space. Doomsday was hurtled to the surface.
>>
>>81222002
If I had no idea what a Parademon was I would be so mad why suddenly mantis people were attacking in the desert and knocked out batman.
>>
what I never understand is why Superman, Batman and Doomsday and probably all Super Strong heroes always hit each other with things that are weaker than them? Like why would you hit Superman with a marble column? Or an obsidian memorial? You tore it out of the ground and lifted it! Your fists are harder and more damaging?! Why would you bother? Batman was wearing power armor and Superman's weakness was on a timer but he still found the time to tear out a ceramic sink and hit Superman with it. WHY? A ceramic sink couldn't hurt as much as an armored super suit punch right?
>>
>>81222000
There's no way of saying that wonder woman could get to his neck with the sword or that he wouldn't catch if it was thrown at him. Kryptonite spear was the best bet.
>>
>>81222037
>Wonder Woman
>Not able to get to someone's neck
>>
>>81222023
it's a shining example of people adapting bad things because they're "iconic"
>>
>>81221096
If Doomsday won what would be Luthors next plan?
Doomsday would kill everyone
>>
>>81221981
>Why was there a Jellyfish in the waters of the Kryptonian ship?

it was a robot, didn't you see the metal tentacles take zodd's corpse? all the kryptonian stuff has a very gigeresque/organic feel since like in MoS. if theres one thing ill give snyder he made all the krypton stuff interesting

>Anyway I didnt understand the transformation?

again MoS. its part of the baby-making machine, it can reanimate tissue as well. im guessing he wanted to mix his blood so his "son" could be the one to kill superman. i wouldn't put it past lex's arrogance.
>>
>>81221096
It was okay.
Just saw it, and it was a fun (subjectively, not objectively) but otherwise decent movie with pacing and plot flaws as befitting any movie of overall average quality I think.
I don't have a pre-established opinion of either Batman or Superman (read both characters extensively, including shit /co/ doesn't honestly even bother with), and they aren't favorite characters of mine, so I have a 100% neutral view of them and see them both for what they are; a pair of really old characters with a lot of writers and therefore their rosters of stories and characterization ranges from extremely well done to absolute garbage and everything in between.

Right now BvS is in the "in-between" part; alright, could have been done better, could have been done worse, and very high profile largely because of the character's names.
>>
>>81222054
Whatever it was it probably had to do with Darksied.
>>
>>81222002
or if you watched the previous movie this is a sequel to. not that hard
>>
>>81221096
At the final scene of the movie Batman asked the guards nicely so he could talk to Luthor?
>>
File: 1377248198389.png (314KB, 783x483px) Image search: [Google]
1377248198389.png
314KB, 783x483px
>>81221096

anyone who didn't like this is subhuman filth and hates fun
>>
>>81221096
I felt like all the action scenes were really muddy
>>
>>81221743
i completely disagree. no monologuing/speeches during a deathmatch. (cap vs bucky)

you can talk doomsday down and banter between superspeed fights is stupid
>>
>>81222128
It was pretty stupid that part of the lazer was coming out of his mouth
>>
>>81222176
talking to each other, not to Doomsday
>>
>>81221096
The batman vs superman aspects were so fucking shit.
>>
>>81222196
hell no that was awesome. he is literally exploding energy blast from his whole face.
>>
>>81222214
still nah, when you're fighting a guy who can fucking flash step to you in a second and then through the wall a mile away there is not time for anyone talking
>>
>>81221096

He wasn't.

Also if you paid attention, he became more Comic Doomsday-like each time he regenerated.
>>
File: 1453357432498.png (118KB, 489x461px) Image search: [Google]
1453357432498.png
118KB, 489x461px
>>81221096
>The spikes growing
>the evolution mechanic
>Doomsday actually fucking KILLS Superman in an adaptation finally
Best part of the movie, hands down.
Splice this third act together with the first two of MoS, switch the Pa Kent scenes around and you have something vaguely resembling a Superman movie.
>>
>>81222422
>Doomsday kills Superman in his second film
>18 months into his career
>when he's barely developed as a hero
>and is hated and feared until he dies
it's the exact opposite of what an early Superman movie should do
>>
>>81221731
>Bizzaro is iconic, doomsday is infamous.

same diff. Doomsday made public news. DoS was HUGE
>>
>>81222454
Splice them together and you skip over the brunt of of the hate & fear whilst ending in on a selfless heroic sacrifice. :^)
>>
>>81222072
>or if you watched the previous movie this is a sequel to

No, the previous movie established that having sex is heretical.

Silly.
>>
>>81222496
then you get a heroic sacrifice on literally his first outing
>>
>>81222520
On everyone else's part, yeah.
>>
>>81221096
he need more spike beard, but yeah he was serviceable. the scene where he looks up at superman's statue inquisitively for a second before smashing him through it was great
>>
>>81222344
Thought it was a nice touch, honestly. I was aware that Doomsday is canonically supposed to to adapt to the stuff thrown at him, so I was kinda hoping for Wonder Woman to take a stab at his eyes, only to have them come back and then get covered by bone as protection.
>>
>>81221989
>N-no one could possibly disagree with me!
>S-samefag!
>>
>>81221096
He needed the rock beard and I would have been fine with his inclusion.
>>
>>81222498
are you saying faora's vag was untouched all those years in space?
>>
File: hue huea bai.jpg (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
hue huea bai.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
>>81222676
I really hope she's enjoying herself at the Phamtom Zone
>>
>>81222676
warriors are chemically castrated
>>
>>81221402
>>81221096
I enjoyed it too. Speaking up so that we're not drowned in a sea of naysayers.
>>
>>81222932
What are you talking about anon? It's as bad as Green Lantern, and totally not on par with Ironman 2 which was certified fresh on RT. people cheered at the end of the two times I watched these movies.
>>
>>81222955
Hated Iron Man 2. Green Lantern was kinda ok.

So yeah, newsflash: there are people like us.
>>
>>81222967
>people like us
no one was denying there are people with shit taste out there
>>
>>81222979
Looks like you want a circlejerk echo chamber where everyone agrees with your opinions and state them in unison as fact.

You have forever lost the moral right to make fun of Reddit or Tumblr. Remember this next time you ever try to bring those sites up as an argument for the rest of your posting life.

Have a good day! :D
>>
>>81223011
a circlejerk would be an enjoyable experience, unlike BvS
>>
>>81223027
Oh nice quip bro
anyone else notice some of the reviews had some really cringey quips to describe BvS?
>>
File: 1447092626047.gif (26KB, 251x232px) Image search: [Google]
1447092626047.gif
26KB, 251x232px
>>81221559
>Doomsday is one of the THE most iconic villains

Are you for real?
>>
>>81222967
> Green Lantern was kinda ok

whoa now lets not go crazy here
>>
>>81223027
jesus. give it some effort at least
>>
>>81223096
make me
>>
>>81223085
Not that guy, but the only thing it got right was Kilowags casting :( and Sinestros casting.
>>
>>81223059
I get that you're too young to have lived through the whole Death of Superman thing, but let me assure you it was a HUGE deal back in the day. Fucking cable news did stories about how Superman had "died". REAL ASS NEWSCASTERS THAT TALK ABOUT REAL ASS TRAGEDIES RAN STORIES ABOUT A FICTIONAL TIGHTS MAN DYING.

Even if you think Doomsday is retarded, that story still resonates with people. Doomsday is iconic as fuck simply because everyone remembers that one comic.
>>
>>81223116
no one actually cared who killed him, though

they just cared that he died
>>
>>81223110
>Kilowags

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>81223116
Shut the fuck up, I'm 32 and have a god damn newspaper from the actual Metropolis with "Superman Dead" on the front page.

People reported on the fact that Superman died. No one gave a fuck about Doomsday, the "story" was just that an iconic character was killed off. The only people who really recognize him are comic-nerds, and he's mid-grade at best, nowhere fucking near iconic.
>>
>>81223132
What? "Kilowag's"
>>
>>81221225
Not when the CGI actually is shit
>>
>>81223155
Kilowog, anon
>>
>>81223170
fugg
>>
>>81221449
I agree
>>
>>81221096
>smashing supes into his own statue
>tanks a nuke
>heat vision so strong its leaks out of his mouth
>hulk jumps

and now imagine a Snyder tier fight Darkside vs superman or this fight as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPlSdns_n1E
>>
File: 1411039337076.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1411039337076.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>81221096

>Wasting Doomsday on "We cant have Superman form the Justice League so we got to get him out of the picture for a while"

Doomsday should be the fucking end boss. The be all end all of Supermans many, many trials. He should be used as the inevitable, Doomsday is coming and Superman IS going to die. Kind of like All-Star Supermans story. Supes could run, fly into space and keep on flying. Hes got a head start.

But he sticks around, keeps doing what he does and saves the world at the cost of his own life when Doomsday finally comes knocking.

At least thats how I think the 'character' should be handled.
>>
>>81221989
Dude, come on. The cinematography and CGI for the Doomsday fight are indefensible.
>>
>>81222033
It took me a little bit to realize that's what they were supposed to be because there was zero context for them to even be in Bruce's dream.
>>
>>81224446
not a dream anon
>>
>>81221599
Are you saying AoU didn't? It told a basic "robot ''''''''''protects'''''''''' humanity " story.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.