[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spider-Man's kill code isn't as strict as Batman's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: ASM645_varcov.jpg (194KB, 593x900px) Image search: [Google]
ASM645_varcov.jpg
194KB, 593x900px
Spider-Man's kill code isn't as strict as Batman's or Superman's, right? I always felt like he should be killing since he's a hero because of responsibility he has given and not because he wants to be a hero unlike Batman or Superman.

Do you agree ?
>>
>>81198769
No. It simply doesn't make sense for Pete's personality and demeanor. In fact it'd make much more sense for Batman not having a no kill rule than Spider-man.
>>
>>81198769
He doesn't kill because he doesn't want that power or responsibility. It's one thing to get in fights with criminals, it's another thing entirely to decide who lives and who dies.
>>
>>81198769
eh.. batman has the guilt of his parents PLUS the whole vigilante angle, superman has the fact that he's utterly unable to ever claim self-defense. spider-man has a little of each but not the entirety of either. I don't think he'd lose any sleep if someone died but the whole point of being a smart trickster hero is you don't generally need to kill anyone. he would if he had to, but he never has to. he can always tie them up or something. he can always take the victims to safety.. he can always dodge.
>>
>>81198769
He's Batman tier if not more autistic
>>
Sometimes Pete will go all out on a villain if they've hurt someone close to him, and if nobody stopped him he could very well be a killer, but since everyone, even in-universe, knows he's supposed to be one of the better heroes, the moral center of the Marvel Universe, someone always stops him and brings him back, reminding him that he's better than that.
>>
>>81198769
Spider-Man's no kill code is more strict than Superman's and just as stringent, if not more so, than Batman - with Dark Reign Norman and Grim Hunt Kraven being two exceptions that I can think of, and he didn't even go through with those and they were up to some bad, bad shit.
>>
>>81198769
He doesn't kill, but he doesn't have Batsy's autism about NO DEATH EVER MUH DEAD PARENTS. He doesn't hesitate to work with Logan or Frank, and easily comes to terms with them killing the criminals they're fighting with him. Like the one time he teamed up with Frank to fight some drug lord in South America and acknowledged that killing the bad guys may sometimes be necessary even if he isn't willing to do it himself.
>>
>>81198769
Isn't the reason he ditches the symbiote suit because he was getting far too violent and he worried of what he might do? Killing isn't how he does things.

I guess you could argue that an instance in Raimi's first Spider-Man movie that he sort of killed Norman, but really that was more so Norman being crazy and giving Pete no real choice but to dodge, causing Norman to kill himself.

As for the comics did that lady whos face he stuck to and ripped the skin off die or survive? Pretty sure they pissed him off for him to go that far but I don't know if she died or not.
>>
It's a mix.
He accidentally killed wolverines friend (she snuck up on him knowing he'd hit her with superhuman strength) and that haunted him for a bit. Plus he's a hero because if he wasn't, people would die, so naturally he wants to stop as many deaths as possible.
However he did rip out Morluns throat without a second thought.
>>
>>81198769
Superheroes are super-cops, not super-judge/jury/executioner
>>
He tries his best not to kill whenever possible, but I'm pretty sure he will under extreme circumstances.
>>
>>81199325
Cops kill people dingus.
>>
>>81199269
Kraven snapped her neck later in the issue.
>>
No. With a character like Spider-Man it's less about any kind of code or rule and more about personal desires. Peter isn't the kind of character who'd go around killing people.
>>
There is a reason that they have Punisher, Daredevil and Spider-Man be the three paths of moral codes.
>>
>>81199197
That's kind of more recent though mostly under Slott's pen. In the past he was pretty chill about working with killers and bad guys dying in general sometimes.
>>
>>81199385
And they don't get to hide behind a mask and can face consequences. Bad as the system can be, there are still rules.

>inb4 (You)s
>>
>>81199511 It used to work like:
>Spider-Man runs into the Punisher
>Punisher shoots guys
>Spidey stresses internally about how batshit early Punisher is
>Punisher makes some offhand comment about how he's using "mercy bullets"
>>
File: Spiderman vs Wolverine 59.jpg (448KB, 995x1510px) Image search: [Google]
Spiderman vs Wolverine 59.jpg
448KB, 995x1510px
>>81199319
>He accidentally killed wolverines friend
heres the pic anon is talking about
>>
File: Spiderman vs Wolverine 60.jpg (368KB, 995x1510px) Image search: [Google]
Spiderman vs Wolverine 60.jpg
368KB, 995x1510px
>>81199663
>>
>>81199633
Superheroes have to face the Avengers tribunal
>>
Superman does kill (no im not synder)
>>
>>81199663
>>81199692
This issue is the fucking best.
>>
>>81199663
>>81199692
Wait, why'd his Spider-sense go off? She shouldn't have made it go off right? I mean if she had a gun or something that could possibly hurt him, but just a lady with her bare hands?
>>
>>81198769
Better question: Who would you least want to have pissed off at you. Batman, Spider-Man, or Superman?

We're talking full-on just got done murdering Robin/Aunt May/Lois-tier anger.
>>
>>81199891
Superman obviously. When he's pissed he goes full-on dictator.
>>
>>81199891
Superman would just simply kill if he's Injustice kind of angry.

Batman wouldn't kill. He would just break my bones.

Spider-Man would probably make me go insane, break every single bone in my body, torture me till I'm dead.

Spider-Man.
>>
>>81198769
His code is just as strict and I don't think he's ever broken it, but he's less likely to have an emotional breakdown than Superman or Batman if he did break it.

He'd probably go all "Spider-Man No More!!" for a couple of issues, but that's nothing new.
>>
>>81199136
>Spider-Man doesn't have guilt of causing the death of loved ones or the whole vigilante angle.
Do you read what you type before you send it?
>>
File: sense 3.jpg (141KB, 600x930px) Image search: [Google]
sense 3.jpg
141KB, 600x930px
>>81199846
well, there never is a clean explanation for spider sense since every writed make it work and react completly diffrent from previous incarnation
>>
>>81199891
>instantly disintegrated with a lazer eyes
>efficiently crippled for life
>tortured THEN crippled for life
Probably Spider-Man.
>>
>>81199633
>And they don't get to hide behind a mask and can face consequences.

They hide behind their union and get away with everything.
>>
>>81199995
Nah, he'd just pull your face off.

>>81200051
That gets to be a drag, honestly. Except for that time in the eighties where he kept getting into shit and being like "just cause I'm being Spider-Man right now doesn't mean I haven't quit being Spider-Man, I swear I'm gonna stop as soon as this villain arc is done. For real this time"
>>
>>81199995
Issue ?
>>
>>81200211
Issue for what?
>>
He killed in Renew Your Vows.

I think he only resorts to it as a last resort.
>>
Peter has never intentionally killed anyone in his entire career. His one fatality is that woman who tricked his spider-sense so that he would just hit her on instinct. This instantly killed her, but she wanted to die and flung herself between a fight with Spider-man and Wolverine for that exact purpose. Peter is not a killer and I hope he never becomes one.
>>
>>81199995

>>81200228
>Spider-Man would probably make me go insane, break every single bone in my body, torture me till I'm dead
>>
>>81200320
Well now I feel like your kind of being douchey about it. I'm not telling you.
>>
>>81200320
It didn't happen. But if you want to see angry as fuck Peter, read Gauntlet, Grim Hunt, Back in Black and I think ASM 643 or 645
>>
>>81200395
How am I being douchey ?
I have never read any spiderman comic in my life apart from a few standalones and venom.
>>
>>81200487
thanks mate
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.