[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's obvious that the solo Batfleck movie is going to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: bvs-robin-costume-143704.jpg (66KB, 655x330px) Image search: [Google]
bvs-robin-costume-143704.jpg
66KB, 655x330px
It's obvious that the solo Batfleck movie is going to be about Jason Todd/the Red Hood. How can they make it stand out from the animated Red Hood movie we already have?
>>
>It's obvious

More like it's obvious it's not. You do realize Jason was dead for almost 20 years before that storyline, right? And that dead Robin's costume was a staple of the Batcave's decoration for all of that time, right?
>>
>>81163743
Are you retarded? 20 years ago was when Bruce started his career as Batman.
>>
>>81162575
>How can they make it stand out from the animated Red Hood movie we already have?

Why bother? Only nerds watch animated movies and they'll watch every live action Batman movie even if it is shit.
>>
>>81163818
There was also a best selling game.
>>
Bruce is willing to kill. So that will make it different than the comic and animated movie.
>>
>>81163743
Nowadays, Jason Todd's popularity is higher than ever, and most people now know him as the Red Hood. I don't think they'd show that shot if they weren't foreshadowing Red Hood.
>>
>>81162575
>Jason
>Implying it wasn't Dick who died
Why do you think Batman went so far over the edge?
>>
>>81163839
Bruce and Jason re-bond over killing criminals.
>>
>>81163838
Again, the nerds will watch anything so they only have to deal with the dudebros and by doing a story they are mostly familiar with they'll feel like they're part of a secret club. Compare with how /co/ acts when any Marvel movie lays hints towards a pre-existing storyline.
>>
>>81163780
20 years in real life, dumbass.

>>81163879
Popularity amongst gamers doesn't mean anything for movies.

They showed the shot to establish that Joker is a real asshole that Batman has a serious grudge against, you know, like literally every time they did an almost identical shot in Batman comics since Jason died.

The problem is you're confusing Jason's death with being setup for him to come back, which it's not, it's been an essential part of Batman's mythos for a very long time and was even important in the original TDKR.
>>
>>81163934
>reminiscing about good old times on a pile of corpses
>>
>>81163780
Jesus boy, you're dumber than shit.
>>
>>81163838
Games make more money than films dumbass.

Its very likley Arkham Trikogy is as big or bigger than Zack's.
>>
>>81163839
No, he just doesnt overly concern hinself with thugs lives. Remember Goyer wrote this film. He also did

"dont have to save you "

batManslauggter and all that.

hell Burton bats was an even worse killer
>>
>>81163901
>Dick being important
>>
>>81164633

That's what she said.
>>
>>81164582
I don't even... What?
>>
>>81164609

It's one thing to slam the Batmobile into a car full of mercs, it's quite another to fucking tether that car to the Batmobile and drag it for like a mile and use it as a wrecking ball.

There's a difference between "I'm going to actively put you out of commission and if you die who cares?" and "I'm going to put you in the fucking dirt."
>>
>>81164671
The post i replied to implied AK wasnt as relevent because
>nerds

I reminded him games make more money and have a wider audience than films now adays.

It may be possible even than the Arkham trilogy is bigger than the first dceu trilogy (which doesnt have a name)
>>
By being live action, therefor by being something that people watch.
>>
>>81162575
gibbe manbat plox
>>
>>81164802
Arkham Knight sold five million copies.

TDKR made over a billion dollars.
>>
>>81162575
Well, they could make it good this time around. Ah, I'm just playing; Snyder can't make anything good.
>>
>>81164991
Well okay then. thus my "may"

Vidya overall makes more than film, that was my general point.
>>
Make it a commentary about Batman/Joker's relationship. If you can give a compelling reason for Bruce not to kill him, you have a 10/10 film. It would make the ending hit even harder.

>"All the people you've murdered since I died, Bruce, and you couldn't bring yourself to kill him?"
>>
Not let Zach Snyder touch it.
>>
>>81165648
That is such a ridiculously broad statement, yeah the Arkham games made more than a French art house flick, but blockbusters as a rule make a shitton more than games.
>>
>>81165774
The overall global video game market is larger than the overall global film market
>>
>>81165071
Ben Affleck is directing you idiot
>>
>>81162575
Why would they need to?

People don't really know Red Hood the same way they know Batman & Robin. You'd be lucky for a member of the general population to NAME a Robin that isn't Dick Grayson(and Tim Drake to a lesser extent).

Pitting an older Batman against of his former proteges who's taken his training and adapted a lethal edge to it could be perfect material for a film since people already get the basic dynamic of Batman and his young ward.
>>
>>81162575
At the end of Snyder's version - Batman shoots both Jason and The Joker
>>
>>81162575
Yfw it's dick that died
>>
They already did

Instead of fighting each other, Bats and Hood gonna team up to murder every criminal in Gotham
>>
I thought this scene was largely there to add credence to the idea that Bruce being sent the news clipping about letting his family die in the wake of the summit bombing would tip him over the edge into fully committing to taking down Superman.
>>
In the BvS universe they can make it so Jason was the only Robin, they have a disagreement about letting the Joker live after he did something seriously fucked up. Robin goes rouge and becomes more violent than Batman, it ends where Robin is about to kill the Joker and Batman tries to stop him but accidentally kills him in the process. It would make the jokes on you line have more impact.
>>
>>81164609
>Strafing several technicals with the batwing.
>Blowing up a car with the batmobile's gun.
>Straight up shooting a guy's flamethrower tank without any of the gravity that situation required to what it meant to the character.
>>
Joker, Croc, and Harley being alive in this universe makes no sense.

He murders random thugs but not the fucking Joker.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (75KB, 614x283px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
75KB, 614x283px
>>81173518
The batmobile clearly hasn't had a clear shot yet.
>>
>>81173151
it's been confirmed that suicide squad is set after bvs so the joker isn't dead
>>
>>81174110
I meant that Batman kills Robin on accident, and the Joker will taunt him for it the rest of his life. Its the only thing I can think of that would fuck Batman up to the point we see him in BvS.
>>
>>81174283
oooooh okay yeah I see it now
>>
>>81162575
They'd have to account for Murderbat's previous killing sprees. Nightwing (James McAvoy) would be pulling him toward the light while of course Jason Todd (Hayden Christensen) would pull opposite.
It would be a shitty idea.
>>
Maybe switch up the dynamic of under the red hood, Jason (or Dick) comes back and tries to bring Bruce back to a time where he didn't kill every thug within a 6 inch radius
>>
>>81174311
>>81174110
So when Bruce say "How many good guys left, how many stayed that way?" Does it fit in this?
>>
>>81173645
He shot that mutant in the shoulder.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.