[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, I'm confused. I'm not a big comic guy, but I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: dc-comics-rebirth-166883.jpg (160KB, 655x380px) Image search: [Google]
dc-comics-rebirth-166883.jpg
160KB, 655x380px
Okay, I'm confused.
I'm not a big comic guy, but I've been reading about this and watched the video that explains what it is and I still have no idea.
Is this a reboot? Will there be new origin stories? Is everything before it no longer canon? What was the new 52 they keep mentioning?
Will it be worth getting into when it comes out, or will I be totally lost?
>>
Just a relaunch. The reboot was the New 52 where there was a new canon and DC universe, ideally start from there.

Some of the DC Rebirth books you could start without having to read anything else, well actually probably all of them because they are #1 issues, but for comics like Nightwing it is a continuation of Grayson so it'd be best if you read that and you should because it is fucking sick.

I jumped into comcis with the New52.
>>
>>81128040
So what's the difference between a relaunch and a reboot?
>>
>>81127767
>Is this a reboot?
No
>Will there be new origin stories?
No
>Is everything before it no longer canon?
It's still canon
>What was the new 52 they keep mentioning?
It's the post-Flashpoint i.e. the current universe, the New 52 was their relaunch initiative in 2011
>Will it be worth getting into when it comes out, or will I be totally lost?
yes, you'll be fine, just jump in
>>
>>81128130
Relaunch just is new creative teams and sometimes new #1's.

Reboot is totally resetting history. This has only happened twice ever, once in 1986 and once in 2011.
>>
>>81129182
They've only had one reboot
>>
>>81131183
>They've only had one reboot

Crisis on Infinite Earths lead to the post-crisis reboot.

The New 52 was also a reboot post-flashpoint.
>>
>>81129182
>>81131183

What about Infinite Crisis & Zero Hour?
>>
>>81132450
Crisis on Infinite Earths was a company wide retcon.
>>
Oi, mates. Just watched the video and got a question about the new Superman line. So is there a Post-Flashpoint Superman anymore? It seems like the Superman in Action Comics is the refugee with the son? Did I miss something. Are they replacing New52 Superman with PreFlashpoint Superman?
>>
>>81133233
Post-Flashpoint Clark will be appearing on the Superman solo.
>>
>>81132469
Infinite Crisis didn't reboot anything, it just laid the foundation for 52 to bring back the multiverse
>>
>>81133308
Oi, got it. They have different costumes or whut? 2 supermans?? Thats gonna be a trip.
>>
>>81133395
Pre-Flashpoint has red belt and blue boots
Post-Flashpoint as yellow belt and red boots
far as I can tell at least
>>
>>81133342
okay, what about Zero Hour?
>>
OP here. Thanks for all the help guys.
If I'm wanting to jump in with rebirth, is there any essential reads for me before hand?
Either because their really good and/or have information I'll be lost without.
>>
>>81134478
Johns' new52 Aquaman run was pretty good.
I personally enjoyed Buccellato's run on new52 Flash only because Manapul had great art.
Grayson is great.
new52 Justice League was alright. It's neither her nor there for me.
>>
>>81133569

That altered DC canon without rebooting it completely.
>>
File: the boys.png (153KB, 405x405px) Image search: [Google]
the boys.png
153KB, 405x405px
>>81132633
>Crisis on Infinite Earths was a company wide retcon.

It was a reboot with a new continuity and new first issues.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.