[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this show the worst thing ever or the best thing ever seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: home.gif (60KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
home.gif
60KB, 800x600px
Is this show the worst thing ever or the best thing ever seems that everyone that watches this show either loves it or hates. What is /co/'s opinion?
>>
It's pretty boring at times and just stupid at others. The coach can be funny though. Most AS viewers hate the show though and it's ratings in reruns a few years back were so poor it's barred from airing.
>>
I'm a pretty huge adult swim fan and I fucking love it. I even have the complete series box set
>>
>>81105263
Never really cared for this show much desu.
>>
It's 10/10
>>
>>81105478
you're the only person who doesn't have a stout opinion of the show so far.
>>
File: 1186803378630.gif (1MB, 200x146px) Image search: [Google]
1186803378630.gif
1MB, 200x146px
Spaghetti time!
>>
>>81105750
What episode is this beautiful mother fucker?
>>
Pretty much the masterrace of weird 4 AM Adult Swim show you turn on when you cant sleep
>>
first season was eh, but the last 3 were good.
>>
>>81105263
Pretty much op
you either love it or hate it.
Thanks for posting i need to get this for my collection
>>
>>81105958
this

I couldn't tell if the show was bizarre or if I was just driven mad with insomnia
>>
>>81105263
The Wizard's Baker

http://www.hulu.com/watch/802496

For the record, Home Movies is the shit and it's a great test to who has taste and who is a shitbreather.
>>
It's an acquired taste I guess. I for one love it and consider it an Adult Swim gem.

Fun Fact: Home Movies was the very first show to air on Adult Swim.
>>
>>81106137
not space ghost?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg_lSj4B7mU
>>
>>81106166
nope
>>
File: coackmcguirk.jpg (582KB, 936x720px) Image search: [Google]
coackmcguirk.jpg
582KB, 936x720px
You watched it for Coach McGuirk.
>>
It's great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALg_4pCs77w
>>
Individual episodes can be hit or miss, but taken as a whole it's incredible. The music is great, too.
>>
>>81106296
>NPR interviews him
>it's awkward and terrible
>they don't know what to make of him

I couldn't handle how hilarious it was

you faggots listen to his new album yet or what

https://youtu.be/yS5p4M08jJs
>>
>>81106363
FREAKY OUTIE
>>
I was too young to understand it when it was airing. The shitty animation look ugly and drove me away, but I'm a slowly watching the series.
Just finished season one and I love the whole improv type of scripts where they tend to ramble a bit and have vague scripts. It feels real, especially between Brendon and his mom. My mom and I share a very similar relation, and it's nice to just feel like how I use to be.
>>
>>81106454
the improv is lovely you should check out the precursor to this show Dr.Katz it's gotta lot of the same feel albeit much more dry humor.
>>
>>81106317
>Coach Mcguirk tries to help Brendon
>Says he knows a lot about court
>Because he himself has been in court several times
>Tries to get Brendon off the hook by saying that he's retarded
>The reason Brendon got run over was because he was retarded
>By doing so makes it look like it was Brendon's fault
>End it with finally figuring out who was the guy who played Tron in Tron
>And as a bonus Mcguirk has to write an essay too for being annoying

How do people not see the genius in this show?
>>
>>81106317
LOVE this episode so much
>>
I liked it, it was hit or miss with more hits then misses.

I liked how everything was pretty grounded and the characters act like how I would imagine a lot of people act.
>>
The coach was bar none the best part of the show, but it was a strikingly realistic representation of life from a low budget AS original.
>>
You know the art style reminded me of educational tv series I used to watch when I was younger.

Can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

Also I can't remember the episode from home movies it's from, but the conversation between Brendon and his mom with some lady he doesn't know and he is constantly asking who she is . I remember getting a good chuckle outta that whole scene
>>
File: mcguirk layton.png (88KB, 1315x454px) Image search: [Google]
mcguirk layton.png
88KB, 1315x454px
>>
>>81107584
sciencecourt

it was produced by the same production company and features a lot of the same voice actors
>>
Yo, what the fuck. That Adult Swim thread that was up just got deleted. Is Adult Swim not /co/-related anymore.
>>
>>81108762
Some janitor probably didn't like it.
>>
I fucking loved it.
>>
>>81106317
Brendon did nothing wrong
>>
>>81106422
WOO WOO! WOO WOO!!!
>>
Two of the worst cartoons that should've been burned before they ever got to air was Home Movies and Mission Hill. How these abominations ever got the green light to air is beyond me. And the fact that people actually like these cartoons has destroyed all of my faith in humanity forever.
>>
Home Movies is excellent, and has probably my favorite ending of any cartoon.
>>
>>81105920
season four spaghetti dinner social
>>
DO NOT PUT MARBLES IN YOUR NOSE
PUT THEM IN THERE
DO NOT PUT THEM IN THERE
>>
>>81105920
The Wizards Baker
>>
>>81115380
Network executive please go
>>
Its funny but poor animation and lazy art and hit or miss plots. The coach dude was great tho solid 6/10
>>
>>81115380
Objectively wrong though
>>
>>81118695
god tier 17/4 compound time sig
>>
I love it. Watched it when I was a kid, watched it all-over recently as an adult in my 20's. It's amazing that the show managed so be entertaining for children, but even more immensely interesting for adults thanks to all of the adult dialogue and humor that went over the kid viewer's head.

The ending to this show was really sad, and a lot deeper in meaning and impact that what we would normally expect. When Brendan drops the video camera from the moving car and it smashes to bits, they're all shocked but after a moment they move on. the whole show was about 3 kids embarking on a fickle childhood dream, it was meaningful for it's time in their lives, but at the snap of a finger they're over it.

Reminds me of the shit me and my buds got up to as kids, and how we'd mature and get over all the childish dreams.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.