[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone please explain Doomsday to me? He's a kryptonian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: doomsday.jpg (586KB, 1987x1650px) Image search: [Google]
doomsday.jpg
586KB, 1987x1650px
Can someone please explain Doomsday to me? He's a kryptonian genetically modified life form, right? If he evolves and adapts to whatever kills him, what is his weakness? Also, why are people saying that he is Zod in BvS? I thought Doomsday was his own character, not an evolution of another character. Someone please help me understand how Zod could be Doomsday.
>>
>>81060249
the comics are different than movies.
>>
>>81060336
I have to explain this to my family/friends every time a new film comes out.
>>
>>81060249
Doomsday is Plot Device: The "Villain". Literally no character besides "we want to kill Superman so let's pull a monster out of our ass"
>>
>>81060402
>>81060336
I just feel like making Doomsday an evolved version of Zod is a massive difference. You guys are right though.
>>
>>81060420
Sup Bob.
>>
>>81060440
I haven't seen it yet but supposedly Doomsday in the movie combines elements of the original Doomsday with Bizarro. He starts as an attempt to use Zod's corpse to make their own personal Kryptonian soldier and ends up mutating into Doomsday.

It's a dumb thing every comic movie is doing (pulled from Ultimate Marvel) where everything has to be tied together, like how everyone in MCU is a SHIELD agent and everyone with super powers was an attempt to copy the super soldier serum. There were/are rumors that the Amazons and Atlanteans were gonna be explained as descendents of Kryptonian colonists, too, but those seem to be largely disproven or changed. It sounds like something Goyer would have come up with.
>>
>>81060402
I literally had to explain to my aunt's girlfriend how the Donner Superman and the CW Supergirl show aren't connected yesterday. She wouldn't budge so twenty minutes into the conversation I just told her Superman takes place before Supergirl
>>
> everyone in MCU is a SHIELD agent
given the setting, it makes sense

> everyone with super powers was an attempt to copy the super soldier serum
that's not even true.
It was true in the Ultimate Universe
>>
>>81061114
It was originally true in the movies with Incredible Hulk but they largely abandoned it after Avengers, thankfully. I disagree about the SHIELD thing making sense, though. I just don't like that.

I don't watch Agents of SHIELD but doesn't it make a lot of people Inhumans? I'm not gonna criticize it because I don't know but if that is true it's dumb.

I HATE how Flash explains everything as being from the particle accelerator, I don't know why they can't just be like "yeah some people have super powers for various reasons, we don't need to explain the origin stories of every single motherfucker though".
>>
>>81061359
The Hulk movies aren't even part of the MCU are they
>>
>>81061397
The Edward Norton one definitely is.
>>
>>81061397
TIH is, but Marvel wants to distance itself from it because of the actor change and because they don't own the distribution rights. It's a big reason why they probably aren't interested in a Hulk solo movie.

Also the original Hulk movie is not canon to TIH, but the movie kind of assumes you saw it and know what the deal with Hulk's backstory is. Which is what I hope they do with the Spider-Man movies so we don't have to suffer through another goddamn origin story.
>>
>>81061359
Well they actually did an episode of Arrow with that. Deadbolt or w.e was a meta that wasn't around when the PA went off. So they have the potential there for more, it just hasn't been used at all.

But I agree, it also bothers me a lot. Just make people metas because comics.
>>
>>81061114
Well Marvel did retcon Project Rebirth to be part of the Weapon Plus program in the main universe.
>>
The only explanation you ever need to know about Doomsday, OP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PlwDbSYicM
>>
>>81061568
That does makes some sense, too, as it would be weird for the USA to have only ONE super-soldier program
>>
>>81060249
Doomsday is a terrible villain is only popular because he killed superman in the 90s
>>
>>81061764
"killed" is a funny way of saying "superman took a nap for an entire year"
>>
>>81064196
yeah but it was pretty big news when it happened as far as comic stories go, making a splash outside of regular comicbook readers
>>
>>81064518
i know, but everyone just kinda completely forgot about DoS within a year and no one talks about it now.
>>
>>81060871
>There were/are rumors that the Amazons and Atlanteans were gonna be explained as descendents of Kryptonian colonists, too, but those seem to be largely disproven or changed.

PLEASE FUCKING NO
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.