[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHY the fuck would WB put Zack Snyder in charge of the DCEU?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 504
Thread images: 68

File: Zack_Snyder.jpg (903KB, 1000x1380px) Image search: [Google]
Zack_Snyder.jpg
903KB, 1000x1380px
WHY the fuck would WB put Zack Snyder in charge of the DCEU? Fucking WHY?
>>
The same reason that Abrams is in charge of Star Wars. They have a ruthless grasp of how to create films that make lots of money no matter how good or bad they are.
>>
>>81021838
This is why Micheal Bay is in charge of Transformers, in fact he may have proven that this practice is completely legit. If you want to string someone up for string him up because he's the one that showed studios it's possible.
>>
>>81021764
I don't think any other director wanted to be in charge. They really should have brought in more comic people.
>>
>>81021764
because WB doesn't care about /co/'s opinions

and why should they?
>>
>>81021892
at least with with a Bay film you have some fun. He's the master I think he's the only one who can do it
>>
The worst thing is that while Zack Snyder's best film he's ever made is only a 75% on Rotten Tomatoes, and that's only because of a remake, he's still going to be rich, famous, and have a better life than all of us. Even if he gets booted by WB, he's still going to continue making boatloads of money with his shitty movies.
>>
>>81021764
Blame his wife
>>
>>81021838
Abrams isnt in charge of star wars. He was only hired to do 1 movie. Rian Johnson is in charge of the 2nd one.
>>
I honestly can't think of a reason. I was going to attempt humor but I fucking can't. Get this retard away from movies I care about.
>>
File: Consider The Following Peach.png (166KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Consider The Following Peach.png
166KB, 400x400px
>>81021764
He was one of their payroll guys. Look at all his movies, its almost entirely WB.

300 did really well despite shit reviews. It was a pop culture moment.

So they bankrolled his future projects off that goodwill and he was the one that wanted to make Watchmen to "save it from the Terry Gilliams of the world" which is such a hilariously arrogant thing to say.

So then WB, who historically has not given a single fuck about comic book properties, HAS to make a Superman movie. Watchmen didn't do great, but he's still their comic book guy.

Seriously, look at the short list for MoS. Snyder was the only one that even presented a pitch that even resembled Superman.

So here we are. Cause WB just doesn't care.
>>
Because he makes great fucking movies for specific audiences with specific prererences in certain brand characters and the other audiences will see the film regardless because of the brand.
>>
>>81022330
>wanted to make Watchmen to "save it from the Terry Gilliams of the world"
Jesus Christ what an asshole. And what an odd choice for person to randomly be disrespectful to for no reason.

>Seriously, look at the short list for MoS. Snyder was the only one that even presented a pitch that even resembled Superman.

When you put it that way, it makes sense why they would continue with him but even though Man of Steel was good in reality, it still got scathing reviews. Why didn't they broaden their search when looking for someone to do Man of Steel?
>>
>>81022392
>Because he makes great fucking movies for specific audiences with specific prererences

This the exact reason you don't give a tentpole franchise to a niche director. Im not even shitting on snyder, i dont care if he is good or bad. But if only a narrow demo actually likes his stuff, he should not be in charge of a franchise meant for mass appeal
>>
>>81021838
Sucker Punch and Watchmen didn't exactly sweep the box office. They weren't failures either, but he's not some blockbuster maestro like you're suggesting
>>
>>81022445
Because they just don't care. Man of Steel could have been literally the worst movie ever made, but it did make a lot of money, and as long as Snyder keeps making movies that bring in a lot of money, he's allowed to fuck with whatever property he wants.
>>
>>81022445
>even though Man of Steel was good in reality
>>
>>81022506
Everything except the relentless infinite ending of global destruction and murder.
>>
>>81022506
Different people have different opinions. As a person who though Man of Steel was complete shit, you should fuck off.
>>
>>81022445
I remembered that a long time back that the rumor was that WB wanted to get a movie made soon because of the conflict they were having with the Siegel estate over Superman, so they decided on Snyder because he was reliable and could get stuff done faster.
>>
>>81022392
>Because he makes great fucking movies
Zack and/or Deborah Snyder pls leave
>>
>>81022445
>even though Man of Steel was good in reality

I dont hate it like most of /tv/ or /co/, but it really fell apart in the 3rd act. Was going great up until then.
>>
>>81022470
I disagree.
After 5 movies with same style and tone mostly I think it's fair to experiment.

Jason goes to hell is maligned as its so radically different from the rest of the f13 series but it in fact is ones of the franchises best films, has one of the most mature well acted cast of the series. Great gore and some damn good chase scenes and overall is one of the best body swapping films out there Comparable to if not better then The Hidden.
>>
>>81021764
He's such a smug fuck and he has literally 0 reasons to be.
>>
>>81022662
He thinks he's a talented artiste because his movies are unbearably serious in a teenage faggot sort of way.
>>
>>81021764
He has a history with comic book films (300, Watchmen). Problem is that WB hired a fanboy instead of a filmmaker.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-23-13-00-52.png (999KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-23-13-00-52.png
999KB, 1920x1080px
>>81022533
>Global
It's 1 small town and a 5th of the down town of 1 city bro.
>>
>>81021764
No idea, I hope BvS fails so hard that he gets sacked for good. Fuck Snyder.
>>
>>81022176
nobody from /co/ deserves any form of success
>>
>>81022815
You're not /co/. Men are /co/.
>>
File: 1438494998565.jpg (90KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
1438494998565.jpg
90KB, 500x265px
What gets me is seeing Marvel put all these comedic directors in charge, like Whedon, Gunn, the Russos, Favreau, Wright, some who have zero experience with action, let alone a big budget cape movie and absolutely dominate the super hero movie landscape.

Meanwhile DC hires Snyder, the quintessential all flash, no substance action director, he fucks up not just one, but two movies and they have him down to stay involved with the rest of DCCU.

My point is when will DC stop and think, "Hey what is Marvel doing to be successful that we aren't?"
>>
Because integrity? True to the source? What's that?

WB only cares about two things: slapping a bunch of heroes together to capitalize on Avengers, and having it make Avengers-level profits. Who cares if it's actually good or not? Why bother building up to it like Marvel did? Rush that shit!
>>
>>81022873
If they'd realize that it's the name recognition that's making these movies a success, rather than the director, they could actually hire competent people, probably for a much lower price.
>>
>>81022873
I guess its because Marvel has a Feige who probably has perfected a safe formula for knowing what audiences and critics will generally like. Also we have only seen Snyder films. I'm really curious about Wonder Woman cos I think SS will do pretty good. If all of the solo movies for the rest of the Justice League are good then the only problem would be Snyder.
>>
>>81022902
>Why bother building up to it like Marvel did? Rush that shit!
I like how /co/ would always jump down your throat if you even suggested that "copying" Marvel's formula might possibly be a good idea. Every time someone even remotely suggests it, it's always:

>"How DARE DC try to do new things?"
>"You can have a cinematic universe with all sorts of established, named characters in the background! Just look at Star Wars and the X-Men movies!"
>"No, shut up, it'll be good!"

I mean, come on.
>>
>>81023048
DC's business plan for the shared universe is a facsimile of Marvel's, except with no direction and less talent. That's their whole fucking problem.
>>
>>81023048
You do realize that MoS was rushed into production so WB could hold onto the movie rights, right?

Do you think shoving Batman and Wonder Woman into said sequel doesn't seem like a rush move either?

For fuck sake anon, Justice League is supposed to release NEXT YEAR.
>>
>>81023133
The problem is that DC is worried people will get tired of superhero movies, so they rushed the whole thing and wanted to have Avengers even though they only made one solo movie.
>>
>>81023133
>DC's business plan for the shared universe is a facsimile of Marvel's, except with no direction and less talent. That's their whole fucking problem.
Not so far. Marvel never did anything like BvS.

>>81023164
I was agreeing with him.
>>
>>81023164
>For fuck sake anon, Justice League is supposed to release NEXT YEAR.

My God, will that be a shitshow.

>Alfred, Darkseid's escaped! Recruit a team of superheroes with attitude!
>IT'S JUSTICE TIME!
>FLASH!
>AQUA!
>CYBORG!
>GREEN!
>BOOBS!
>BATS!
>JESUS!
>>
>>81022632
When you try to apply the same principles to super hero movies, you get BvS and MoS

Its not the same. Now if David Ayer can't salvage the franchise the entire DCEU is in danger.
>>
>>81023164

>5 movies in 4 years before Avengers
bravo Marvel

>4 movies in 5 years before Justice League
rushed, WB are idiots
>>
>>81022330
>who historically has not given a single fuck about comic book properties
Except TDK and its sequel were some of the highest grossing movies of all time and they had originally planned to launch a shared universe with Batman Begins, Superman Returns and their planned Green Lantern movie.
>>
>>81023231
>Marvel never did anything like BvS.
It never did an ensemble film where your favorite characters initially clash but team up to defeat a great evil?
>>
>>81023254
Context.

Marvel slowly built up to the Avengers through solo movies.

Meanwhile, WB followed up a Superman reboot with a JL pilot, before JL Part One and Two.
>>
>>81023164
Given that they delayed BVS I don't think WB is really rushing as badly as you portray. It's possible that Snyder just thought having Batman and Wonder Woman in a sequel was a good idea. And I can imagine someone(besides Snyder) making a really good movie out of that. Its not an inherently flawed idea. I think WB is just generally incompetent, that doesn't necessarily mean rushing.
>>
>>81021764

Snyder delivered with 300 and Watchmen two comicbook movies that will be remembered in kino history for years... meanwhile at Marvel, they can be lucky if people still talk about Avengers in 10 years.
>>
>>81023254
>counting Suicide Squad as build up to Justice League
wut

And Wonder Woman is a prequel set almost 100 years ago. We've already met her in BvS. That's not much of a build up either.
>>
>>81023251
Definitely have higher hopes on that film now. David Ayer has proved time and time again that he is a great director/writer. If SS doesn't provide a high paced "fun" thrill ride, DCEU is going to die. WW will be dead in the water. I'm apprehensive, but I still have hope.
>>
>>81023354
Snyder, shouldn't you be trying to make more shitty movies?
>>
>>81023354
back in my day, shitposting meant something
>>
>>81023336
Uh, not in the same way as BvS.

Because BvS is part-MoS follow up, part-JL prequel, part introduction to Batman, WW, the Flash, and Aquaman.

It doesn't neatly fall into any one category like anything Marvel does. It is messy.
>>
>>81023354

>implying Watchman wasn't a fucking failure of a movie
>>
>>81023251
In danger of what, making lots of money?
>>
>>81023354
>300
known for a couple meme
>Watchmen
general audience doesn't remember watchmen at all except maybe giant blue dick
>>
>>81023348
Normally I'd agree with you, but JL is supposed to start filming next week.

Thats a lot of wasted money if they delay it.
>>
>>81022873
The russos hadn't even directed a film at the time, they had only worked on tv like arrested development. You have far more control over smaller directors, who are more likely to follow the companys vision. Hell, gareth edwards got the godzilla film for reasons like these.

And zack snyder decided who was right in character disagreements with actors in bvs by having pushup competitions with them on set.
>>
>>81023418
>In danger of what, making lots of money?

In danger is becoming a joke for this generation of movie goers. Like the first xmen trilogy. Which would prompt yet another reboot.
>>
>>81023414
Iron Man 2 is probably the closest. Imagine Iron Man 2 if Marvel had made it about Captain America fighting him and cameo'd or foreshadowed all of the rest of the Avengers.
>>
>>81023341
>Marvel slowly built up to the Avengers through solo movies.
They did 3 solo movies (IM, Thor, Cap) that built up to the Avengers.

>Meanwhile, WB followed up a Superman reboot with a JL pilot, before JL Part One and Two.
Man of Steel introduced Superman
Batman v Superman reintroduced Batman
Wonder Woman solo explores WW

3 vs. 3... I dont see how thats such a big difference.
>>
File: 1458744942777.jpg (55KB, 626x438px) Image search: [Google]
1458744942777.jpg
55KB, 626x438px
Buckle up, boys, it's gonna be a long three years.
>>
>>81023547
>implying he's not fired after BvS underperforms due to bad reviews
>>
>>81023391

>Wonder Woman is set in WW1
>not a build up

>Captain America is set in WW2
>build up
>>
>>81023540
im 1 and 2, cap and thor = 4

oh and they promoted the shit out of cap and iron man. i didnt see anywhere near the kind of promotion for the 1st supes or this one
>>
>>81023472
>And zack snyder decided who was right in character disagreements with actors in bvs by having pushup competitions with them on set.

you're fucking kidding me
>>
>>81023391
The phase 1 origin Marvel movies were pretty disconnected as well, apart from the scenes at the end.
>>
File: 1429486024702.jpg (53KB, 648x484px) Image search: [Google]
1429486024702.jpg
53KB, 648x484px
>>81023418
>lots of money
About that.
If memory serves the budget for BvS was about $450mil, and the rule of thumb is a movie has to make at least twice it's budget to be considered profitable.

Now I'm not saying $900mil isn't likely, Hell people will see it just because they recognized the names Batman and Superman, but the reviews aren't exactly helping.
>>
>>81023676
he's a manlet. must be compensating.
>>
>>81023540
>They did 3 solo movies (IM, Thor, Cap) that built up to the Avengers.

Also Incredible Hulk, and Iron Man 2 introduced Black Widow.
>>
>>81023597
They didn't kick his ass to the curb after MoS, but maybe WB will learn after BvS.

Maybe.
>>
>>81023699
It's not just that. I suspect WB expected BvS to gross in excess of 1.5 billion. When they realize bad management or creative lost them several hundred million dollars, heads will roll.
>>
>>81022186

Abrams has overall creative control of the franchise.
>>
>>81023699
>the budget for BvS was about $450mil
It was $250mil for production and $200mil for marketing (which is never included in these things for other movies), most of which is probably already paid back with sponsor deals.
They're not gonna lose money.
>>
>>81023038
>Wonder Woman
That is literally a ghostbusters remake tier movie.
I mean if you know you're making a WW standalone then at least cast an actress with more charisma than a spoopy skellington.
>>
File: 7997.jpg (26KB, 351x400px) Image search: [Google]
7997.jpg
26KB, 351x400px
Can someone post that image that """""""proved""""""" that this was gonna be great because Zack's a good boy and his entire career of incompetency and garbage was always the WRITERS' FAULT?
>>
>>81023765

But you just know that whatever they do make, to WB it won't be enough.
>>
>>81023711
>Incredible Hulk
not canon, basically rebooted with the recast

>Iron Man 2 introduced Black Widow
who gives a fuck bout Black Widow?
thats like saying BvS introduced Aquaman
psshhh...
>>
>>81023821
>not canon
>Stark appears post credits
>Ross is played by the same actor in CW
come on
>>
>>81023758
Then why Johnson pushed production back to rewrite the second movie the moment he signed his contract (which stipulated he had right to do so)?

Abrams has a producer bill but they are giving filmmakers control over the stuff.
>>
>>81022186
He set up the entire course of the franchise before leaving.
>>
>>81023547
>Hasn't made a single movie that's worth watching multiple times
>Here's control over a whole cinematic universe
Where do I sign up as a director
>>
>>81023854

Of course, it wouldn't be realistic for Johnson to not have a lot of leeway. But to the extent that anybody is "in charge" of Star Wars, that person is Abrams.
>>
>>81023937

he tricked them bigwig execs good

Snyder is a master conman
>>
>>81023616
>we meet Captain America in his movie leading to Avengers
>we don't meet WW in her movie, its just between her debut and JL
>>
>>81022330
>he was the one that wanted to make Watchmen to "save it from the Terry Gilliams of the world" which is such a hilariously arrogant thing to say.

This reminds me of when Kevin Smith talked shit about Paul Thomas Anderson. Hilarious.
>>
>>81024063
tbf Gilliams script sounded pretty shit.
It apparently was gonna end with Manhattan travelin back in time to stop the events of the movie from ever happening. Than the main characters would be transported to the alternate timeline (but still with their original personalities).
>>
>>81021764
His wife.

Good old nepotism.
>>
>>81024136
Also, the alternate time line would be "our" world, and some guy would be reading Watchmen and shout something at them. Something like that I think.
>>
>>81024063

I think his quote is taken out of context (Snyder's).

Gillian gives zero fucks about the original material and his adaptation showed it. Snyder meant he wanted to keep out of the hands of people who respect the source material. (Even if he fucked it up himself by missing the point of it)
>>
>>81024181
Shame there was no one to save it from the Zack Snyders of the world.
>>
>>81024174
>>81024136

kinda like time bandits. kek

Gillian knows or at least knew how to make fun shit at least. I would liked to see his take on a capefilm
>>
>>81024040
The Lucas Story Group has overall editorial control though. they literally vet everything from scrips to bubblegum
>>
>>81024319
i like how they trashed the EU just to slowly rehash it back in
>>
>>81024379
It was obvius they were going to buffet table it. Its the best option.
>>
>>81024054
>we meet Captain America in his movie leading to Avengers
>we meet WW in two movies leading to Justice League
>>
>>81023821
The point of mentioning Black Widow is that over the course of 5 movies Marvel introduced 4 "main heroes" and 1-2 "minor heroes" all prepared for Avengers.

WB is trying to introduce 5-6 main heroes in just 3 films, and a seventh in the movie that's the collab. It's messy. Marvel gave each of its big heroes at least 1 movie to intro as a solo so people are used to them. Batman and WW are just crammed into a Supes sequel and Aquaman, Flash, Cyborg aren't even getting solos to intro them before JL hits.
>>
>>81023354
Snyder drop off the internet, remember WB's hitmen can probably know your location from your smartphone.
>>
>>81023821
>not canon
Not only was TiH referenced in Avengers, fucking Thunderbolt Ross is in Civil War
>>
>>81023821
>rebooted with the recast

so Iron Man 2 was a reboot since Rhodey was recast?
>>
>>81023354
>300
>Awful CG and everything is black and white
>Watchmen
>Awful CG, everything is black and white and the message of the comic was completely butchered
>>
>>81024701
300 was actually perfect fitting for the source material and improved it a bit.

The problem is that he just kept doing everything that same way.
>>
>>81023676
It's just as stupid as it sounds.

DC is getting dudebros in charge of their movies.
>>
>>81025102
i mean i knew he was a meathead but wow, some people just go out of their way to be living stereotypes don't they
>>
>>81025736

He is a 21st century artist who is ahead of his time and makes films too deep and profound to be understood by the majority of people. It is only fair that artistic disagreements are settled with a contest of physical prowess.
>>
>>81023472
Russos did Welcome to colingwood, which is a fantastic fucking movie with William H Macy. See it.
>>
>>81024181
This is an over correction.

Okay yeah. Sometimes a legitimate fucking artist like Gilliam is a bad choice for adaptation because his own creative vision is going to overpower the source material.

That doesn't mean one should hire a fucking hack.

At the end of the day, Tim Burton's batman was more good than bad, and probably had as big an impact on the character as frank miller's TDKR.
>>
>>81021764
Nolan personally recommend him for the role.

Snyder was the only one up to the task of creating a Superman film against the clock for the legal right issues.

He probably decided to take on the "Feige" role.

And WB didn't search enough.

WB is a mess right now. Dunno if Tsujihara's fault...
>>
>>81024136
>>81024181
in the end gilliam deemed the project unfilmable and left voluntarily though
>>
>>81023331
Yes, they do give a fuck about money. So again:
>who historically has not given a single fuck about comic book properties
>>
>>81023676
>5' 7"
I call bull shit, he has a fuckton less distance to actually push up.

Shenanigans.
>>
>>81022902
They tried to build it up with Green Lantern. And well.....
>>
>>81021764
They want guaranteed amounts of small money rather than risk it on some other guy who may make them alot of money or may make them broke
>>
>>81027078
>They want guaranteed amounts of small money
>BATMAN v SUPERMAN
Yeah right
>>
>>81025200
not when it comes to reviews and box office it seems
>>
>>81022873
This is the reason Marvel is so good. Comedy directors understand things like narrative tension, dialogue pacing, character. Then you just get good choreographers for the action. Director takes a back seat for those parts and people love the action because they care about the characters.
The you put an action guy like Snyder in charge and you just get big dumb action no one cares about for two hours and forty five minutes.
>>
>>81021764
think transformers. Critics shit all over it but they still sell.
>>
>>81027659

Calling Snyder an action director a longshot

Miller is an action director when he wants to be, abrams and that guy from the fast&furious movies too.

Snyder is a "visuals" director. He constantly attempts to make a visually shocking 2 hour trailer.
>>
File: 1448766108885.gif (953KB, 330x300px) Image search: [Google]
1448766108885.gif
953KB, 330x300px
>>81021764
I WANT HIM HANGED

IN PUBLIC

I WANT TO PISS ON HIS CORPSE AND TELL HIM HIS CAREER WAS JUST THE DREAM OF A CHRISTIAN SCIENTIST FROM WISCONSIN
>>
>>81028428

i like superman and i like cavil

i just dont like the snyder movies.
>>
>movies doing terribly critically and amazing commercially has never happened before
It might not do awesome but it is definitely going to make money
>>
>>81028691
The question is whether it's going to make a billion

If it doesn't make at least close to that it's a failure based on how much the budget for it was
>>
>>81028789
is that you just making shit up or has some DC guy said that
>>
>>81028691
I don't think that has been in doubt.

Its definitely going to make money, but it is a movie so costly with so much hanging on its success that even "just" making 800m would be a failure for WB, even if that recoups the investment twice. Also would put in doubt the entire plan ahead that hinges on Snyder's vision.
>>
>>81022873

Marvel has a good producer in Feige.

Also, the comedy background helps in another way.

Pacing.

Effective commedy requires good timing, which results from good direction/edition.

The result is that the movies end up having steady pace, which is why you can make AOU, which is about as long as MOS, and doesn't feel it.
>>
>>81028814
That's the business
>>
http://www.slashfilm.com/man-of-steel-death-toll-star-wars/

>I went, really? And I said, well, what about [‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’]? In ‘Star Wars’ they destroy five planets with billions of people on them. That’s gotta be one of the highest death toll movies in history, the new ‘Star Wars’ movie, if you just do the math.

SNYDER HATERS BTFO
>>
http://strawpoll.me/7165569
>>
>>81023414

IM2 is the closest Marvel has done to BvS, but that juggled less plots.
>>
>>81029071
>Darth Vader can kill millions, so Superman can too

Yeah. btfo, Snyder gets it
>>
>>81023616

There are two key differences in these two.

Cap we met in TFA, which led directly to Avengers.

We've already seen WW being set up for JL, and the WW movie could potentially be just her backstory with no ties to the future project.
>>
>>81023821

>not canon, basically rebooted with the recast

Avengers and IM2 make references to it, and Ross is all over the Civil War trailer.

Try again.
>>
>>81023354
300, yes, Watchmen no one remembers now
>>
>>81021838
Snyder sucks at box office.

Abrams is also actually an OK director. (Not the best, but I don't want to argue about him here.)
>>
File: Snyderfag Delusion.png (404KB, 1898x405px) Image search: [Google]
Snyderfag Delusion.png
404KB, 1898x405px
>>81023799
I have this?
>>
File: 1394774360502.jpg (88KB, 912x317px) Image search: [Google]
1394774360502.jpg
88KB, 912x317px
>>81030930
>>
>>81030930
>standing ovation

I don't get why people keep using this as a point in a movie's favor.

Literally every pre-screen review I read these days points out the movie gets a standing ovation. It's a meaningless compliment at this point.
>>
>>81025200
Yeah, that's always what I look for in a movie director
>>
File: Why_would_you_do_this.png (103KB, 449x334px) Image search: [Google]
Why_would_you_do_this.png
103KB, 449x334px
>>81030981
What the fuck, why did this post make me so sad?
>>
>people on /co/ REALLY want 3 more films by Snyder
lmao for what purpose
>>
>>81032852

we like art and actually smart super hero films that deconstruct the concept?
>>
>>81033211
Stop strawmanning us faggot. You're making DC fans look like a bunch of teenage faggots on purpose. Fuck you.
>>
>>81030981
Just for that, I'm gonna save that image and post it in whatever relevant thread I can find.
>>
>>81027659

This.

Case and point. Jackie fucking Chan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1PCtIaM_GQ
>>
>>81021764
because fuck you, that's why
>>
>>81023758
No he doesn't.
>>
>>81024040
>But to the extent that anybody is "in charge" of Star Wars, that person is Abrams.
No, that person is Kathleen Kennedy.
>>
>>81033666
That's it. I'm out. We lost.
>>
>mfw I can still hear the horses
>>
>>81034022

Oh piss off you smarmy little dipshit.
>>
File: 2fRD6PZ.png (205KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
2fRD6PZ.png
205KB, 500x333px
>>81033872
>his best movie is just 75% fresh
Once again, who's fucking idea was it to involve this fucker in every Goddamn movie?
That being said, I liked Dawn of the Dead '04.
>>
>>81022022

This. I bet Snyder was the only one in the whole company who ever opened a comic book.
>>
>>81021764
daily reminder this is the genius that /co/ has been dickriding hard for the last couple of months

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD3byJxc9Vc
>>
>>81021838
Hack Snyder is not a blockbuster genius, there's literally no reason to keep this guy in charge of DCEU after a disappointment like MoS.
>>
>>81034633
jesus christ, he's actually a retard
>>
>>81034633
How is someone this retarded so arrogant?
>>
>>81034633
>If you ask a novel writer "who are your biggest influences" and he doesn't know, you assume he is a terrible writer and has read nothing
>If you ask an artist which other artists inspire him and he doesn't answer, he is consider an amateur and an ignorant
>They ask Zack Snyder which movies influence him and he doesn't even know what to answer, so he goes for crowd favorite Star Wars.

Hack. H A C K.
>>
>>81033872
MoS is only $291m box office.

That's.... underwhelming.
>>
File: dumb people.jpg (56KB, 625x351px) Image search: [Google]
dumb people.jpg
56KB, 625x351px
>>81034984
Snyder obviously thinks he is very smart. He might actually be one of the dumbest people in Hollywood, at least one of the dumbest directors.

Btw this image applies to all the posters who think his movies are smart and deep. You are all retarded.
>>
>>81030930
>1.jpg
>>
File: i'll be in hell.jpg (316KB, 638x868px) Image search: [Google]
i'll be in hell.jpg
316KB, 638x868px
>>81035148
>"haha capekino what a meme, /tv/ are such a bunch of kooky funsters"
>remember it's based on shit people actually believe
>>
File: Clinton's O Face.jpg (26KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
Clinton's O Face.jpg
26KB, 620x350px
>>81034633
>he cant even just throw out a famous directors name like Kubrick or the Cohens
>it takes him two minutes to just throw out a single movie name and thats after the questioner has to give him another question
how is it possible to be this retarded
>>
>check RT again

>35% rating

>82% of audiences like it so far

I can't believe it's still in freefall.
>>
File: Homer Laugh.gif (3MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Homer Laugh.gif
3MB, 256x192px
>>81035160
that guy is amazing, he's been all over /co/ for the last two weeks and now he's nowhere to be seen

i think he killed himself
>>
>>81036199
if the audience hits 70%, that's critical mass for a flop. when one person out of three comes out saying it was shit, it's game over.
>>
Anyone want to bet on the over/under for when Snyder starts blaming everyone else for not understanding his vision?
>>
>>81028953
>which is why you can make AOU, which is about as long as MOS, and doesn't feel it.
You picked literally the worse example in the entire MCU
>>
File: 1435186932779.png (599KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1435186932779.png
599KB, 640x480px
HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
Fuck ive been feeling terrible since yesterday. Sluggish, tired sore and everything in front of my eyes literally looks off-color and gray tinted

Hype of 3 years down the tube. Ive never been depressed before but I feel awful, the sun is too bright
tuck me in let me die
>>
>>81030930

>It's a premiere

Of course they're going to clap. You don't go to a gala event, eat expensive food they provided, then tell them to their faces that they just threw shit on the screen and called it a movie.

You clap, you pat them on the back, and you go home cringing. It's how society works. If you can't learn to be phony, you won't make it in show business circles.
>>
>>81036248
It will. The score is inflated by fanboys who probably haven't even scene it yet. As more people see it, it will continue to go down, especially after it opens in the States.
>>
>>81023194
Gonna be ironic if their rushing to capitalize on the cape movie bubble ends up bursting it.
>>
>>81036334
I feel pretty good. My gf took me to Olive Garden a couple of hours ago.
>>
>>81036334
You still have the comics, Anon.

Take it this way. Because DC movies are crap, they are basically separate from the comics and don't really change them in major ways.

Meanwhile, at Marvel, they are butchering their comics to be more like MCU and to work as a marketing ploy for the next movie.
>>
>>81028789
>>81028843
It won't flop or make small profit if it won't hit a billion that's not how it work. The point is if BvS won't hit a billion then it will be a huge disappointment and a harassment for WB and DC.

I will say that if BvS don't hit a billion then we will have a long delay for DCEU.
>>
>>81036657
beautiful asspain
>>
>>81036657
I kinda feel sorry for Snyder to tell the truth.

He seems to be pretty dumb and makes shit movies, but he seems like a cool guy who cares, in his weird way, about comics and the source material.

I just don't know why they let him make those movies.
>>
>>81036734
I think Ive seen him posting on /co/!
>>
>>81036750
Stop humanizing people I want to talk shit about, makes it harder to talk shit about them.
>>
File: Anti.jpg (180KB, 939x623px) Image search: [Google]
Anti.jpg
180KB, 939x623px
>>81036657
>>81036734
>>
>>81036750
>but he seems like a cool guy who cares, in his weird way, about comics and the source material.
He also is too stupid to realize what he cares about is the worst possible aspects of them

He's basically like the Chuck Austin of capeshit.
>>
>>81036525
>Meanwhile, at Marvel, they are butchering their comics to be more like MCU and to work as a marketing ploy for the next movie.

I'm cool with it, Marvel comic was garbage since Civil War was a thing then they let Bendis in charge as their Golden Boy. I only care about their Cinematic Universe at this point.
>>
>>81036657
Cavill deserves the pity more, poor guy is a perfect Superman in a shit series
>>
>>81036734
Why do DC fans act like they're such poor victims?
>>
File: 242.png (40KB, 587x192px) Image search: [Google]
242.png
40KB, 587x192px
>>
Holy shit the RT score keeps fucking going down.
I mean I was expecting a 50 or something, but 35?
>>
>>81036913
Oh boy
>>
File: 41.png (97KB, 566x666px) Image search: [Google]
41.png
97KB, 566x666px
>>81036913
meh
>>
>>81036851
Well, he is getting paid quite well to do something he probably dreamed about as a kid so that should balance it out. Plus people shitting on his garbage movies isn't new for him. I say talk shit away.
>>
IT JUST KEEPS TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN
>>
>>81036953
>Plus people shitting on his garbage movies isn't new for him.

Yup. Guy thinks we are all dumb for doing it to. Smug asshole deserves all our scorn.
>>
>>81036851
He's a big guy.
>>
File: 1458671184090.png (311KB, 482x464px) Image search: [Google]
1458671184090.png
311KB, 482x464px
>>81026639

>mfw Gilliam wanted Gary Busey to play the Comedian

You know, I'd pay to see that.
>>
>>81036945
stop giving this guy any attention ever

he craves that
>>
>>81036657
>He never looks tired or sad

In the picture with Jason Mamoa he looks like hes dying
>>
>>81036657
>>81036734
So, this guy do knows the reason BvS was dog shit. How come he still praise it? Just accept the truth man, it's shit then it's shit no need to said it otherwise.
>>
>>81037060
>>81036883
>>81036851
>>81036750
We feel bad for Snyder now
>>
>>81037096
>we
>>
>>81036913
>>81036945
I'd actually enjoy that if it was played completely straight.
>>
>>81036657
>>81036734
Got any more? These tears are delicious.
>>
>>81023859
So theres a chance they could just ignore him and the next 2 could be saved?
>>
>>81032781
I know how you feel
where's this qt from?
>>
>>81021764
you think the next DCEU movie could be like this DC Comics Presents a Marvel Films feature, THE JUSTICE LEAGUE.
i dont know how they do it, but marvel studios knows to make their movies make money
>>
>>81037216
They just kept going and changed directors/actors when needed.
>>
What happens when Marvel makes a critically acclaimed Squadron Supreme movie before WB can shit out a good Justice League? Does Marvel officially win?
>>
File: 150717084.jpg (22KB, 970x390px) Image search: [Google]
150717084.jpg
22KB, 970x390px
>Man of Steel was divisive
>Still use the same guy who directs it

Why would you use the same director who made a movie that was divisive with a franchise that you hope would be better or even on par with the MCU?
>>
>Its down to 33%

TUMBLING DOWN
>>
File: pub-TF2 in 2016.png (616KB, 639x628px) Image search: [Google]
pub-TF2 in 2016.png
616KB, 639x628px
>>81037284
I think we can say that Marvel has won if that ever comes to fruition.
>>
File: 687.png (20KB, 241x230px) Image search: [Google]
687.png
20KB, 241x230px
>>81037400
at least they got some dubs with this movie
>>
>>81037284
MOS basically was a Hyperion movie though.
>>
>>81021838
We all know that they're just vying for second place after James Cameron
>>
>>81022815
I do
>>
>>81037400
>average rating: 5.2
HABBENING
>>
>>81034153
It wasn't written by him, it was written by James Gunn. Who has stated he didn't like it very much
>>
>>81037400
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if tmnt2 gets better reviews later this year
>>
>>81036750
Too bad he skips the big text bubbles and only looks at the pictures.
>>
>>81037400
wew lad
>>
File: bvs bingo.jpg (297KB, 974x1104px) Image search: [Google]
bvs bingo.jpg
297KB, 974x1104px
>>
>>81022106
>Bay film have some fun
>Transformers 2, 3, 4, 5
>>
>>81034022
hey reddit fag
>>
>>81037400
>Can't even get a decent 40
>>
>>81037214
I got you senpai
http://mymangaonline.us/read-online/wakabayashi-toshiya-s-4-koma-collection-ch-34-excited20150715.html
>>
>>81037794
wew lad. Pretty sure most BvS threads have won
>>
>>81037794
Batfleck was actually OK, anon.
>>
>>81037794
Gods work anon
>>
File: 1433712265610.png (289KB, 415x357px) Image search: [Google]
1433712265610.png
289KB, 415x357px
>>81037400
I'm a Marvelfag, I really am, but I was genuinely hoping this movie was going to be great.
Seriously, I get nothing out of seeing things that other people enjoy turn to shit.
I really hoped DC could have their sprawling connected universe, but with talks of another reboot, cutting movies all together and movies getting delayed by months it even years, I just feel bad.

I didn't expect BvS to do well, the trailers didn't look promising, the rumors that circulated about WB concerned with its quality and success, the "MARVEL FANS TOO DUMB TO GET THIS MOVIE" shit, none of it added up to a good outcome.
But 33%?
I've had kidney stones I'd rate higher than that.

Idunno, at the end of the day, company wars just seem like pointless pissing contests and you just have to think about the people who were really looking forward to this movie.
>>
>>81021764
Snyder has great visual flair and imagination, but shit grasp of storytelling.
>>
>>81037983
It has 44 on metacritic
>>
>>81038043
>pointless pissing contests
i c what u did there
>>
>>81021892
Blame Spielberg, who hired Bay even though Bay hated Transformers. That's cynical as fuck.
>>
>>81029324
There was even a background shoutout to TiH as recently as Ant-Man
>>
File: 1458466887758.jpg (13KB, 204x207px) Image search: [Google]
1458466887758.jpg
13KB, 204x207px
>>81037794
>stop talking about piss jars
>>
>>81038066
Wow, so it was also tumbling down there too? I remember it start at 48.
>>
>>81022445
He did fight to keep Watchmen R rated long before Deadpool.

Watchmen like every Snyder movie has moments that are beautiful and amazing surrounded by stodgy inert narrative.
>>
File: 1454987526196.gif (189KB, 255x320px) Image search: [Google]
1454987526196.gif
189KB, 255x320px
>>81037984
I had no clue where I got that picture from, no clue who the girl is and no clue what she's from, despite having the picture saved.

But Goddamnit some random asshole knows exactly where it's from.

Thank you for reminding me why I come to this shithole everyday, anon.
>>
File: Mother of God.jpg (27KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
Mother of God.jpg
27KB, 640x352px
>>81037400
someone needs to make an image comparing this to other shit tier cape movies

I think the only Batman movie with worse reviews is Batman & Robin, Forever is at 41%
>>
>>81038043
As a fellow Marvelfag, look at it this way. Imagine a world where Avengers underperformed, Whedon was kicked to the curb, and then a real director came in and blew us away with a GOAT Ultron movie. That's what this has the chance to be for DC. Snyder gets taken out early, and he's not around to get his cancer all over everything like Whedon did. This might just be a blessing in the skies
>>
>>81038199
I just googled the image and it was the first thing that popped up, it's no big deal.
>>
>>81022697
Sucker Punch could have been a great fun OTT fantasy action movie, but then Snyder had to try and make it arty and serious and deep. Sigh.
>>
>>81036923

And now that people are seeing it, the other score is going down, too.
>>
>>81022330
I haven't been keeping up on BvS very much lately. What's this about other pitches that don't resemble Superman?
>>
You know what? I agree now.

I haven't seen it yet so maybe my mind will change, but WB/DC are trying to build a cinematic universe that could rival Marvel's but if the first two movies are getting mixed reviews with BvS getting even worse reviews, then maybe they just need someone to step in. If Suicide Squad does better critically, then WB really needs to re-evalutate their relationship with Snyder. He can cut the commercials for the movies but he needs to stop being the man who's basically setting the tone for the DCEU. You have an Oscar award winning screenwriter and this is still the reception? Nah something is fucky here.
>>
>>81038313
You heard about the giant spiders one?
>>
>>81038246
I see it that way too, which if they shitcan his ass that's, what, 4 or 5 movies saved?
Delayed gratification.

>>81038257
Oh well fuck me, and here I thought we had another "HEY I RECOGNIZE THAT GAY BLOWJOB!" or "I recognize that bulge." moment.
>>
File: 1446780948991.jpg (98KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
1446780948991.jpg
98KB, 640x426px
>>81037400

I don't know what this feeling is.

I like Marvel AND DC. I love them both.

Yet at the same time, I feel an immense amount of joy that a terrible attempt at a franchise eats shit horribly.

I guess I'd rather it not be done at all, than be done poorly.
>>
>>81038246
It sounds too good to be true, anon. We all know that WB was fucking retard.
>>
>>81038335
Snyder clearly didn't make the trailers for BvS as his trailers are usually, whatever else you say about him, God tier.
>>
>>81038366
I heard that the giant spider fight ended up in The Wild Wild West
>>
>>81030981

GET THIS HOT HEAD OUTTA' HERE.
>>
>>81038458
The Wicky Wicky Wild Wild West?
>>
>>81038246

The problem is that the SAME guys will be in charge at the top.
>>
>>81038516
Can someone explain capekino?
I never heard that phrase before yesterday. Guess I don't keep up with today's epic maymays.
>>
Is this the biggest monkey's paw in /co/ history?
>>
>>81038590
I know at least a fragment of them are honest. Poor bastards.

>>81038608
google kino, the movement. And apply to cape movies. It's basically a pretentious way to say DC movies are too artistic and good to comprehend and shit, that they are a "higher form of cinema"
>>
>>81038608
>>81038590
Of course they are.

>>81038639
Yep. Batman/Superman film by the worst director possible, the worst writer possible and with the worst actors possible.
>>
>>81030930
I honestly think that was false flag shitposting.
>>
>>81028953
>good producer
>Feige

kek
>>
>>81038608
/tv/'s had this thing going for a while where they pretend there's a meaningful difference between "movies" and "film." After a while it got to the point where there was sort of a heirarchy of terms: cinema > film > movies > flicks. This provided enough shitposting ammo for a time, but then someone dug up the term "kino" and added it to the list. Kino is supposed to be that rare form of motion picture that's so good, even the term cinema doesn't do it justice.

Anyway, all the relevant joke here is that Marvel makes capeflicks and DC makes capekino.
>>
File: I've Lost The Will To Live.gif (290KB, 396x290px) Image search: [Google]
I've Lost The Will To Live.gif
290KB, 396x290px
>>81038437
the feeling is you're glad your gut instinct was correct to not be drawn into the hype like a sheep

but conversely, you just want a good Superman/Batman movie

A feeling I know all too well
>>
File: 1454792796990.jpg (16KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
1454792796990.jpg
16KB, 600x549px
>>81038806
No, these fuckers genuinely believed it.

A few weeks back, I was in some thread and someone posted something like "I wonder how many Oscars it will win."
Just casually asked like there was some guarantee it was not only going to win an Oscar, but several.

I still think about that post...
>>
>>81037984
Thank you anon
>>
>>81038806
>1.jpg
I doubt it, that guy was trying to start shit with anyone that said anything remotely bad about this movie
>>
Why does he have so many defenders, /co/?

Nobody really argues that Thor 2 or Iron Man 2 was good (well not at the same scale that Snyderfags are doing now), and even Whedonfags (like me) will admit Avengers 2 was weird

But MoS and BvS has always this tons of delusional defenders even when they are worse movies than the ones I mentioned
>>
>>81038951
This. I fucking hope WB finally learn from this mess and kick Snyder out.
>>
>>81021764
This isn't Snyder's fault. I cannot stress that enough. Critics are just pieces of shit. General audience is going to love the film and it's going to make $2+ billion. You're going to watch the movie. Your mother's going to watch the movie. Everyone will. So in the end, the joke's on you Snyder haters. He made an excellent film and you plebes get angry because you can't understand. Whatever. He's laughing all the way to the bank.
>>
File: 131532014.jpg (111KB, 572x960px) Image search: [Google]
131532014.jpg
111KB, 572x960px
>>81038865
>>81038725
I can see /tv/ doing this. Just as another way to defend their shit opinions with meaningless buzzwords that you can't reply to.

I don't give a shit what anyone says, fuck /b/, fuck /pol/, fuck /v/, /tv/ is by far the worst board on 4ch.
>>
>>81039066
Oh, I'm definitely going to see this movie. Really don't want to be left in the dark when all the dank memes it will spawn start making the rounds.
>>
>>81039066
What a low quality baits, you don't even try, mate.
>>
File: so close.jpg (291KB, 974x1104px) Image search: [Google]
so close.jpg
291KB, 974x1104px
>>81039066
Damn, I was so close
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>81038951
>tfw saw the first MoS teaser a billion years ago in a theater and thought it looked like shit, despite everyone else in the theater tittering like schoolgirls
>tfw didn't see it
>tfw finally watched it last year and it was garbage
>tfw saw DoJ trailer and it looked like garbage
I'm a lonely, lonely man. But at least I was right.
>>
>>81038437

It's not uncommon, anon.

I'm an F4 fan, but I loved watching Fox's attempt at the recent F4 movie eat shit and die.

Because I'll still always have the comics. The worst adaptation of a comic series can never erase the best issues of that series retroactively.
>>
>>81038246
You do know the phrase is blessing in disguise, right?
>>
File: 1412434929034.gif (171KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1412434929034.gif
171KB, 375x375px
>>81039222
>Snyder's clown nose
This is too much.
>>
>>81038998
Because this movie is all DC fans have, and they have hyped themselves up so much that they cannot deal with the crippling disappointment that it is as bad as it is. Some are legitimately stupid and believe that the film is great, others are just doing mental gymnastics to convince themselves it is.

The saddest part is that choosing this hill to die on will hurt them even more. If WB doesn't get rid of Snyder the whole DCEU is fucked.
>>
>>81038998

Die-hard Bat/Supes fans are the most dedicated you'll find.
>>
>>81039066
My uncle thought Man of Steel was good. I'm not getting tricked twice though. Sorry, Zack. You tried.
>>
>>81030981

>"Stop, anon, he's already dead!"
>>
>>81021764
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M37xsuNsmTg

>tfw Affleck couldn't promote this film without being heavily intoxicated
>>
>>81039340
>choosing this hill to die on

Nice metaphor, soldier. Oorah.

But I will say that the defenders are a minority, and the rest of us know how to pick their battles.
>>
>>81039340

It's "The Phantom Menace" all over again. For the first month or two, die-hards convinced themselves that it was good.

Then the realization slowly set in that Lucas didn't know what he's doing.

Except now the negative hype is on BEFORE THE MOVIE IS EVEN WIDE-RELEASED.

I can't remember the last time a blockbuster got dogged this hard.
>>
>>81039516

That's what I'm waiting for. The buyer's remorse settling in.
>>
File: 1449782356579.png (153KB, 1254x1138px) Image search: [Google]
1449782356579.png
153KB, 1254x1138px
>>81038865
>>81039099
>thinking /tv/ started this fire
Though it rises all the same.
>>
>>81039516
It's like the anti-Deadpool. At this point I wouldn't be shocked if Zootopia squeaks by it for #1 again.
>>
File: 1458417488108.jpg (93KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1458417488108.jpg
93KB, 400x399px
>>81038988
>yfw he's dead now ;_;
>>
>>81038865
"Kino" literally means "cinema" in my language.

Like the place where movies are played; not in more general terms for movies.
>>
>>81039584
panic room was flickier than avengers or sixteen candles though
>>
Snyder is to Hollywood what AIDS is to the rest of Humanity. Unwanted and disgusting, but keeps popping up to destroy what we hold dear.
>>
>>81039516

I haven't seen denial this public and painful since the Matrix sequels.
>>
>>81039605

THAT would be the cherry on the Sundae.
>>
File: 1441831705623.gif (995KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1441831705623.gif
995KB, 500x375px
>>81030930
>months of shit like this everyday on /co/
>>81030981
>Already pissy after 1 day of "I told you so"
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrQcNwsjVEQ
>>
File: ib8nJGm.jpg (10KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
ib8nJGm.jpg
10KB, 480x270px
I'm a big Batman fan. I don't really give two much of a shit about any other capeshit though. I mainly just like Batman. Even I can't deny the truth anymore. DC is getting their asses handed to them by Marvel. There is nothing that Marvel isn't beating DC in, (well maybe the Arkham games). This makes me sad, I just want one good Batman movie that's not Nolanshit or Syndershit.
>>
File: JUST1.jpg (76KB, 750x870px) Image search: [Google]
JUST1.jpg
76KB, 750x870px
HOW DO YOU WANT YOUR DC CINEMATIC UNIVERSE SENPAI?
>>
>>81039906

But what about their animated w--

>haven't made a good animated release in years

Nevermind.
>>
>>81039828

Most of the normies I know don't even seem to be aware of the reviews and are still planning to see it. I'll probably see it in theaters just so I can be up to speed with any potential memes. I dunno, I'm not entirely convinced that the poor critical reception will translate ino low box office. I kind of hope it does, just because that would be hilarious, but I won't hold my breath.
>>
>>81021764
they literally have no idea what they're doing. no one else was stupid enough to work with them on this nightmare.
>>
>>81039966

Very few people here think it won't make bank.

Superhero movies are currently at a "too big to fail" state.

Then again, so was the Titanic.
>>
>>81040010
Bad films leave money on the table. If a bad director cut grosses from 1 billion to 500 million, that's 500 million in lost revenue. And even more damages in reputation costs. So it's not as simple as "oh it'll make money".
>>
I'm watching the movie tomorrow so i can form my own opinion about it.

But DC should do something. They could get someone else to ghost direct Justice League. It just started shooting this week in London, and who is directing Justice League p1? Snyder.

I bet some angry DC higher ups called him yesterday. While at the same time, Feige is getting his dick sucked by class A escorts and celebrating.
>>
>>81039966
First weekend, yes. It will make what it will make. It's difficult to see a "F4ntastic" happening (Since that not only had bad reviews but the Marvel crows following every step of the marketing material)

But legs after that... Well, word-of-mouth can change everything.

I honestly bet for an "Amazing Spider-Man 2"-type of grossing after all it's said and done.
>>
>>81040181
I hope WB is smart enough to see this and fire Snyder this time.

Even when the movie makes a ton of money, it will stay have made less money then if the reviews were positive.
>>
File: 1435829492708.jpg (53KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1435829492708.jpg
53KB, 600x900px
>DC fans blazing through the stages of grief and pretty much accepting it's gonna be shit
>Marvel fans having their fun, but more and more are sympathizing with DC fans
>mfw BvS failing will end company wars and unite all of /co/

I love you guys.
>>
>>81040230

As bad as this movie might be, at least it can't be ASM2 bad.
>>
>>81040260
I don't know how they're gonna fire Snyder (Or even if), they are going to start shooting JL in a month time, but they can show that kind of weakness, firing the director of the film currently showing in cinemas. And a delay would be too costly.
>>
>>81040264
Nobody who likes comics really wants a Superman movie to fail. Not deep down.
>>
>>81040355
This isn't a Superman movie, though, it's a "Batman is better than Superman!" movie.
>>
>>81040349
You know what's costlier than delays? A big fat flop. There will be second thoughts.
>>
>>81040291
No, I don't mean in quality. But in terms of grossing.
>>
>>81040355
Except for Alan Moore.
>>
>>81040349
Fire him? With any luck they blacklist him. Fucking shitlord that he is.
>>
>>81040423
>Marvelfags do.
No they just want Snyder to fail.

Because he deserves to.
>>
>>81040355
I want Superman movies made by Snyder to fail so that someone else can make them.
>>
>>81040010

Remember, The Last Airbender made well over what it cost to make it, but it was hot garbage.

Shymalan got his ass booted and the franchise was killed in infancy.

Execs don't want to make back what they lost, they want profit in the black.
>>
>>81040423
Everyone should want this to fail so WB can get their shit together and hire a director with more brain cells than chromosomes.

>>81040411
Oh I know it's true, but for now this calm before the storm is comfortable and peaceful so why not enjoy?
>>
>>81040423
I'm pretty sure Marvelfags are a boogeymen.
Who doesn't like Superman and Batman?
The only people who don't are hipsters who don't read comic books.
>>
>>81040010
I'm sure the movie will make approximately a fucktillion dollars, but it'll be nowhere near the billion plus that WB wants it to make.

My logic is tons of people will see it for name recognition alone, but the people who watch a movie multiple times won't fill seats just because of name recognition, they'll watch it again if it's a good movie, and right now that's a mighty big IF.
>>
File: b4f.jpg (24KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
b4f.jpg
24KB, 600x451px
>>81040264
I think any Marvel fan who takes joy out of this is just an idiot at this point. It's funny to see a competitor fail. But it gets old seeing them fail over and over and over again. You have to feel bad at that point. Not to mention BvS being this much of a critical failure is unhealthy for the genre in general.

The only people who win in this are petty Marvel fans who have a hate boner for anything DC related. But nobody else wins. Not DC, not the studio, not fans, not the GA, not the cast, not the filmmakers, nobody.
>>
>>81041192
I love both companies, but DC is my childhood. I've been waiting for a DC movierse since Green Lantern in 2011. I seriously think I'm done at this point. WB doesn't know what they're doing. Even if Suicide Squad is amazing, it'll probably just mean they'll focus on Batman and SS from here on out.
>>
>>81021764
DC fag here. Saw his name attached three years ago and died a little inside. Seeing all the negative fallout is simply acknowledging what was inevitable.
>>
File: Smilin Sam.jpg (57KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Smilin Sam.jpg
57KB, 600x900px
>>81039608
mfw
>>
>>81037599
HERE WE GO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uis6V6363GM
>>
>>81023758
BZZT WRONG
>>
File: add-another-one-to-the-pile.jpg (55KB, 555x371px) Image search: [Google]
add-another-one-to-the-pile.jpg
55KB, 555x371px
>>81041400
this

I'm way more of a fan of DC than Marvel and when I saw it was him directing I was like pic related
>>
>>81040517
Fuckin this. Being a fan of superman is what drives my hatred of MoS and Snyder.
>>
File: received_10208837140184167.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
received_10208837140184167.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>81041780
Couldn't even do that.
>MFW.
>>
>>81038437

I feel the same way

I am a Green Lantern + X-Men fan, I understand console wars because consoles are expensive electronic gadgets, but dont understand company wars in comics when comics are so cheap and easy to pirate.
I like both Marvel and DC.

I think they didnt have a story to tell, they thought Batman vs Superman, having 2 of the 3 most popular superheroes fight each other, would be enough, and turned the movie in a long ass trailer for future movies.

I do understand the fans who will got watch it even if they know it is terrible, because I will watch the new X Men one no matter its metacritic score, although I expect it to be decent, or even pretty good.
>>
File: 1458433817819.jpg (158KB, 1890x812px) Image search: [Google]
1458433817819.jpg
158KB, 1890x812px
>>81023164
>Man of Steel was rushed so Warner Brothers wouldn't lose the rights to a character they own.

What in the actual fuck
>>
>>81039906
the nolan movie with heath ledger as joker is the best capeshit movie ive seen, the next one with bane is terrible, but his second batman movie is great.
>>
>>81042431
>I understand console wars because consoles are expensive electronic gadgets, but dont understand company wars in comics when comics are so cheap and easy to pirate.
It's just brand "loyalty". It's the same reason we've been bitching about coke or pepsi for decades. Console wars has shit on that
>>
>>81023699
Superhero films are about superhero toys, not ticket sales.
>>
>>81042492
the dark knight was only good because of heath ledger. the rest of the movie including bale was pure garbage.

Also it's not the best capeshit movie. you're just a huge faggot with shit taste
>>
File: CeQ9KgXWIAAL6nC.jpg (32KB, 599x277px) Image search: [Google]
CeQ9KgXWIAAL6nC.jpg
32KB, 599x277px
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/25/movies/review-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-when-super-friends-fight.html
>>
This is not good for Marvel as the taint of this will hang over their movies.
>>
>>81023699
It's going to be a MOS kind of deal. The movie will make enough money to be profitable, maybe a billion, but not enough to be considered a 'massive' blockbuster hit like Avengers or TFA.
>>
>>81040638
I dont much care for superman because he's always been kind of bland. I know there are stories where he does come off as charming and fills the heart with joy and comfort, but Henry Cavill is not that Superman. He's robotic and lacks charisma.

I'm just not a big Supes fan. He's not that interesting, and when he's in a comic, or a cartoon, or a movie with other superheroes, he's just the least interesting. I look at him the same way I look at frosted flakes. Okay, but there's much better to choose from.
>>
>>81042615
you're legitimately retarded.
>>
>>81042615
Ha ha no it won't.

Everyone will compare every future Marvel movie to BvS and they will all come up on top because they're not BvS.
>>
>>81042615
yeah no. The public makes a big distinction between DC and Marvel flicks.
>>
>>81042615
Just like how Green Lantern and Catwoman destroyed capeshit right? DC has fucked up horribly multiple times, all it does is make Marvel look better in comparison.
>>
>>81042615
Marvel could right now make a 'Squirrel Girl Tickles Thanos' movie and it would rate better.
>>
And now here come the box office predictions. We all know from Deadpool these can be off, so we'll see.

160m US, 350m worldwide.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-eyeing-160-million-opening-weekend-in-the-us
>>
>>81033666
>Superman thinks that Batman’s brutal methods make him just as much a criminal as the freaks he locked up in Arkham. Superman doesn’t want to bully Batman, so he tries to expose him as Clark Kent in his newspaper articles.
That's actually a nice touch for a pre-World's Finest interaction between them. Superman knows he could just push Batman's shit in if he really wanted to, but he also knows you don't just go around beating the snot out of people who disagree on how to do the same thing, so he does his actual journalist job.

Also, wonder why this got deleted?
>>
>>81042843

That's for opening weekend right, not all up?
>>
Man this sucks. I'm going to see it with a friend tomorrow. I've been skeptic the whole time, but he has been so hyped, really looking forwards to it, talking about how sweet it's going to be - much better than MOS for sure!!!

I cant bring myself to tell him it's been getting shit reviews, but I also feel shitty having to watch him be disappointed + paying for this shit.
>>
>>81042902
Yes, just opening weekend, Thurs-Sun.
>>
>>81042843
ahahahahaha what a failure. 2 extremely iconic characters battling it out for the 1st time on the big screen is going to make less than fucking deadpool. What a joke. DC needs to fire snyder asap and fix their universe.
>>
>>81042916
well your friend seems like a annoying faggot. tell him.
>>
>>81042843
I could see that, but I'm not expecting it to rake in the big bucks in its total box office.
>>
>>81042960
Naw he's just an innocent normie who likes Superman.
>>
>>81042982
dont forget to tell him Superman is literally the least interesting character in the movie which I thought would be impossible with Wonder Woman being in it. Probably best to tell him now.
>>
>>81034633
Is he high on weed or something? I can't believe he's this retarded.
>>
>>81036945
That would provide levity that is sorely lacking,
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 500x374px
>>81021764
http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/shortlist-of-directors-to-helm-the-man-of-steel-quite-enticing/

>Matt Reeves
>Tony Scott (RIP)
>Duncan Jones
>>
these reviews are just fooling around now
>BVS is a visit to father confessor and obeisance to mother dominatrix. It'll make you feel like shit and you'll go back again, and again, and again, because it's what you deserve, isn't it, worm? I know this because it's what we all deserve.
>>
I think we all know who the real Man of Murder is
>>
>>81022873
>My point is when will DC stop and think, "Hey what is Marvel doing to be successful that we aren't?"

They could probably start by casting people who slightly resemble the characters they're acting. RDJ and Evans are some of the best casts Marvel could have gotten for their movies, while DC is picking up people like Affleck and fucking Eisenberg.
>>
File: Wqtw2jX.webm (420KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Wqtw2jX.webm
420KB, 720x404px
>>81039605
>>
>>81043259
Zod and Superman had the perfect casting.
I wish they got a thicker Wonder Woman instead of Fast and Furious girl.
>>
>>81022475
>They weren't failures either

I don't know, the total box office for Sucker Punch was $89.8 million and the budget for it was $82 million. If you go by how studios only see a small cut of the international box office the actual total the studio received might actually be $45 million.

Watchmen had a budget of $130 million and its total box office was $185.3 million, which might actually mean they got $92 million. But the sales on the book were astronomical enough that it might've made up for it.
>>
>>81022873
>My point is when will DC stop and think, "Hey what is Marvel doing to be successful that we aren't?"

They probably do.

The real question is, when will WB stop and think that?
>>
>>81036883
this is the best description
>>
>>81043259
fuck off. Affleck is the best fucking Batman.
>>
>>81043345
after Kevin Conroy I mean
>>
>>81042482
The Seigel estate just won back the rights to Superman (I think it was Seigel). That gave them the option to sue WB if WB was losing them money by not making a Superman movie every so often. They needed a film, they had Snyder nearby, and the rest is history.
>>
>>81022106
>Transformers 2
>Fun
Eat shit asshole
>>
>>81043397
how's finger's estate doing
>>
>>81043438
I dunno, probably not well.
>>
>>81039222
Got it without the marks?
>>
>>81043581
It's in the thread.

>>81037794
>>
>>81043397
At the time (prior to making Man of Steel) the court seemed to find in favor of Siegel. I think subsequent cases modified that, but DC is kind of obligated to mention the Siegel family in the credits of Superman comics, among other things.
>>
File: Caesar thumbs up.jpg (50KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Caesar thumbs up.jpg
50KB, 400x400px
>>81043624
Thanks.
>>
>>81021764
>>81021838
More like they have no barometer on who can and can't write a super hero plot and most major movie studios plat it safe way to much with the worse of the worse being WB.
Snyder makes comic adaptations successful or not he has a long list of making cape films. There are not a lot of directors like that yet so he shows interest in a cape project WB wants to go forward with he will get a shot at it.

Honestly you would have thought PreDisney Marvel studios string of successes with cape unknown directors and low tier leads actors would have broken this cycle but it seems the old guard isn't ready to risk it sadly.
>>
>>81044007
fuck not write a super hero plot I meant direct a super hero plot.
>>
>>81028953
AoU almost put me to sleep though Christ that movie was boring
>>
>>81043222
Is this suppose to makr any fucking sense
>>
>>81044007
The only films produced by Marvel Studios pre-Disney were Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk, only one of which was a success.
>>
>>81044255
That success ended up becoming the best Marvel movie ever made by a fair margin too
>>
>>81044159
Even before looking it up, it's obvious they're talking about how the reactions it draws make people upset, but that's what drives movies like this to get made. It's aN overly exuberant rant about how we get exactly the shit we ask for: not good, cohesive movies, but movies we can get angry and repulsed at. Kinda fits the current /co/ climate well. Anons are having more fun with a movie they can say is shit than they ever would have with a good film. Like the Marvel principle behind terrible crossovers: it's better to have an enraged reader than a disinterested one.

>http://www.filmfreakcentral.net/ffc/2016/03/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice.html
>There is an unbelievable amount of baggage to unpack in BVS. It bears mention that the third-act baddie looks just like a Cave Troll (WETA appears to be mainly good at making Cave Trolls) and acts just like Superman IV's pathetic Nuclear Man. It's totally meta and absolutely senseless. I described Man of Steel as a collection of trailers, and that's true again here. BVS is an unerring pastiche of who we are at this moment in time: scared, angry, violent, disjointed, poisoned by hiraeth (Batman keeps a Joker-defiled batsuit in a Plexiglas display case like a mad hobbyist), driven by emotion rather than logic, by ideologies rather than reason. It's polarized, xenophobic, hyper-sexualized, hyper-desensitized, and, in the final analysis, more than a little psychotic. BVS is the inmates running the studio. And it's going to make a billion dollars. Maybe a billion-six. One of Wonder Woman's only lines is to label the last hundred years "a century of horrors." BVS is a visit to father confessor and obeisance to mother dominatrix. It'll make you feel like shit and you'll go back again, and again, and again, because it's what you deserve, isn't it, worm? I know this because it's what we all deserve.

I don't really agree, but I can at least understand what they're trying to say even if it's wrong.
>>
>>81022873
Movie industry is this weird retarded kid that doesn't want to copy what the other kids did because then they will just look second string to what the other kid started

They could copy MCU formula but then every film could be measured by Marvel filmsyes that already happens but film studios are not use to this weird effect of everything gets lump together because of masks and capes
So they take a strong direction of being serious, the take a strong direction of pushing gods among men.
Nothing wrong with the idea however what they fail at is understanding that you need to take huge risks with that, you need to get people that have made good serious films but perhaps have never touch a cape film and if they are willing guide them to what you want it to be. Love or hate it that's been Marvels strong suit, Edgar Wright wanted Ant-Man his way and Marvel told him no, he left they got Peyton Reed and Ant-Man started as a sleeper hit that launch to blockbuster acclaim. How did that happen? Switching directors should hurt or kill a project but Marvel/Disney had a very strong vision of the comic world they were building and made sure the story was told how they wanted it. WB is really bad about throwing money at a person and just saying "make it work" this is what has lead to their embarrassing string of empty calorie cape films that feel like all marketing and flash with no heart anywhere in it. Now they are just pushing onward in what seems to be blind hope that they can just simply catch up to Marvel's cinematic empire by just throwing films out with references and nudges to each other without properly asking how is this all going to tie together.
I want a DCU that can equal MCU but at this rate it's just going to be awkward "we are here too" films between the actual selling Batman super man films, which much like Spider-Man just sell on name alone.
>>
>>81044255
technically Cap and Thor were finishing up and were entering post production at the Disney buyout. Now Avengers was all Disney.
>>
>>81040638
If I've learned anything from /co/ it's that Supesfags hate Batman and Batfags hate Superman.
>>
You know what gets me? That after that extra year, the script and editing still suffers the exact problems that fucked over MoS. I mean, was there no one above Snyder, in either the DC braintrust or a WB exec that read the script and/or the first cut and realized there were some serious flaws? I guess they really wanted to allow the directors a chance to succeed or fail, without studio interference.

And, on a whim, I looked up the editor to both BvS and MoS. (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0107463/) I mean, the guy isn't that bad initially, but he has just gotten really terrible.
>>
>>81040638
>>81044538
Pretty much this
As a whole /co/ shows no discrimination to universes/brands. It's to the heroes in said brand
A DC vs Marvel thread will lead to civil discussion 9 times out of 10
Batman vs Superman or Iron Man vs Captain America thread?
Hold onto your butts the hate is real.
>>
I've enjoyed all of Snyder's previous films so I will probably pay money to see this one over the weekend.
>>
>>81044391
Pretty much this. DC should just do their own thing and stop trying to bank in on the popularity of Marvel's shared universe without understanding what made a team up movie like Avengers work in the first place.
>>
>>81044688
Well of course because Iron Man is a snarky shit next to pure and perfect Cap.
>>
>>81044638
Sadly this is just reinforcing that Marvel studios has the right idea and you should hound directors and meddle in everything. Like already posted Ant-man by all accounts should have failed with the insane amount of corporate interference it had. After the mess that is BvS being completely hands off we are likely going to see a hard future for directors.
>>
>>81044736
they do that and they get shit on for not following the capefilm rules ie Marvel style
>>
I remember when WB bragged their IPs were strong enough to not need crossovers because they had all their a-listers.
>>
>>81023472
Source or bullshit
>>
>>81044764
People don't exclusively want a shared universe. I think a fair amount of audiences would rather have solo movies focusing on their favorite characters than a rushed team movie.

DC was never above aping MCU for audiences. Green Lantern was a terrible attempt at doing a lighthearted 'Marvel' capeflick, It was supposed to be their Iron Man. Look how well that went. .

DC had no plans whatsoever to make a big ensemble movie before Marvel had success with Avengers.
>>
>>81044848
And despite having all their rights, they did nothing with them. If they did a JL movie earlier, MCU would probably be dead in the water.

They made their archenemy.
>>
File: dog shiba ergh.jpg (53KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
dog shiba ergh.jpg
53KB, 560x560px
>>81044764
The Nolan Batman movies were pretty recent and people seemed to love those though.

It almost strikes me as DC wanting to make things harder for themselves for no damn reason. This cinematic universe shit should have been more natural for them than Marvel. I have to imagine far more of the general public have a pretty good idea about Batman and Superman and know their origins and stuff compared to damn near every other super hero, let alone dudes like Iron Man and Thor. Instead of using Batman and Superman to draw people in and flesh out their other Justice League schlubs, they decided to re-invent the wheel by creating a new, ultra-gritty world where Batman is old and a douche, Superman is balding and the most wooden motherfucker on the planet, Lex is part Joker-wannabe and part that dipshit neighbor kid of yours that just finished smoking pot in his dad's shed. I just don't get it.
>>
>>81044848

If they had followed up man of murder with a 2014 flash and 2015 aquaman/wonder woman they'd be in a good spot right now
>>
>>81040230
The Force Awakens is STILL playing in my local movie theater.
>>
>>81045080
That's another difference between them and MCU. MCU does a stinker, they keep going
>>
>>81045113
Imagine if they kept going from Green Lantern.
>>
What would happen if they released JL now instead of BvS?
>>
>>81044848
WB figured they could ride the dick of Batman forever, meanwhile Marvel/Disney spent their time building huge fanbases for characters that were mostly unknown outside of America before MCU.
>>
>>81045132
If they'd gotten a different writing/effects team, or just switched everything out but kept the core story and characters with new actors. They could have made something with it.
>>
File: 1408385733418.jpg (152KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1408385733418.jpg
152KB, 640x480px
So I just got back from the midnight screening. Never have I ever thought Zach Snyder could outdo his work in Man of Steel and SOMEHOW MISS THE POINT of those characters EVEN HARDER.
>>
>>81036525
This desu

I'm actually pretty happy for DC movies to continue to suck, maybe WB will keep their filthy hands off the comic books
>>
>>81040395
>likes comics
>Alan Moore
>>
>>81045065
>The Nolan Batman movies were pretty recent and people seemed to love those though.
Not anymore. Alot of people and Internet personalities hate the Nolantrilogy for being grimdark, humorless, and not fun and want Schumacher back.
Adam West Batman has also had a resurgence.
>>
>>81045182
tell me more, anon
>>
>>81045212
>Not anymore. Alot of people and Internet personalities hate the Nolantrilogy for being grimdark, humorless, and not fun and want Schumacher back.
what a blatant lie

you should stop pretending /tv/ encompasses anything
>>
>>81045212
>Alot of people and Internet personalities hate the Nolantrilogy for being grimdark, humorless, and not fun and want Schumacher back.

Where, /tv/?
>>
>>81045113
That's the privilege of being owned by Disney. Disney can afford huge box office blunders and still come out on top due to billion franchises like MCU, Star Wars, Frozen/Princesses.

WB has a had a long recent string of failures.
>>
>>81043191
Other than Jones and Scott that list is pretty shit anyway.

What the fuck Nolan? You just decided to fuck over DC films for next decade on your way out?
>>
>>81045259
BatMan of Murder ACTUALLY stops his unjustified rampage of revenge against Superman because both of their mothers are named Martha.
>>
>>81045212
Seriously?

Fuck it, I have no idea what's going on anymore.
>>
>>81044848
They had WW for decades and did nothing with her.

What business does Wanda have being on the big screen before her?
>>
>>81045300
>buster_screenshot.jpg
>>
>>81043438
Finger's only known heir is his granddaughter. If she's doing well, it sure as shit isn't from DC royalties
>>
File: 1453215583180.jpg (21KB, 400x418px) Image search: [Google]
1453215583180.jpg
21KB, 400x418px
>>81045299
Better context?
Im struggling to buy that's all it took for him to be fine with an alien force that wipe out a city.
>>
>>81045259
Wonder Woman was 100% style over substance, the only cool thing she does is her fight scene against Doomday, which is a cluttered mess that is difficult to see amongst all the SPEED-SLOWMO cams, debris and lensflare.

And about her Style 90% of it has more to do with the theme song changing to he own soundtrack during the fight.

Her reasons for being in the movie makes no sense. She's in it for an old photo, but we never know if it is because she wants to erase her tracks or because she wants a copy it. The first is futile and stupid, the second one is just stupid and contrived.
>>
>>81045287
To be fair, WB are relaunching their HP properties so they can afford for their DC properties to be put in the backburner again
>>
>>81021764

He will pay the ultimate price for its failure with his job.
>>
>>81045307
You live in a world where
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Ant-man
Iron Monger
Malekith
Winter Solider
Falcon
and Deadpool
All made it to the major silver screen before Wonder Woman, Flash and most of DC/WBs A listers
>>
File: Sinestro.png (612KB, 400x591px) Image search: [Google]
Sinestro.png
612KB, 400x591px
>>81045419
Posting my favorite edit in honor of Injustice
>>
>>81021764
WB should try making animated superhero movies. Sure, Mask of the Phantasm was a success back then. But Incredibles and Big Hero 6 proved it can be successful. Animated Superhero movies can lead to a lot of potential.
>>
>>81045455
You mean "career".
>>
>>81045397
On the verge of death Superman says "He's going to kill Martha! You have to stop him".

Instead of impaling him with the kryptonite spear as the psycho PUNISHER with money he is he instead questions him. "HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT NAME!"

Before the fight Superman even tries to say. "Bruce, you have to help me, I don't wan't to kill you." So the world's suposed greatest detective should have known that Superman knows his secret identity among other details.

Also Lois Lane's teleport powers where taken away from her in this movie and given to Wonder Woman instead. The edit is a mess.

EVERY SINGLE DREAM SEQUENCE IS POINTLESS AND ADDS NOTHING TO THE MOVIE.
>>
>>81045475
Wanda's had some rough years since Bendis hates her for being a silver age princess. Her beating Bendis's pets to adaptations was the best that could have happened to her.

Quicksilver appeared in two movies.
>>
>>81045475
Your not even counting this
This film made a large chuck of cosmic Marvel mainstream
Everything from a mad man that collects everything including live people to a giant talking tree that can only say his name.
Yet somehow a super fast street hero or a Goddess fighting for mankind just can't work.
>>
>>81045499
I'm not saying those movies are bad, but they're more childish and comedic. Again that's not a criticism, I love the Incredibles. Mask of the Phantasm is too old to indicate anything in my opinion
>>
>>81045643
This movie had Celestials

CELESTIALS

THE FUCKING CELESTIALS MADE IT INTO A MOVIE BEFORE WONDER WOMAN
>>
>>81023547
Good thing those producer roles are meaningless. Since the only reason you'd credit a "big name" director as a producer is to get their name on a project they have nothing to do with.
>>
>>81045723
A part of me wonders if Gunn asked Disney directly after the success of GOTG, would they buy Rom the space knight for him like he wanted?
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 208x208px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 208x208px
I just got back from a screening.

1. Snyder has to go ASAP. The story sucks and the editing and pacing is the worst I've ever seen. The movie jumps from scene to scene worse than Man of Steel because there is no rhyme or reason to it.

2. The only way in my opinion to save DCEU at this point is reboot it all with Flash changing past, start over now without all this Snyder story with Superman and Batman. Keep the same actors, just change the characters and give us Lex Sr not Jr

3. Lex is awful, just the fucking worst. He was twitching like someone on crack the entire movie.
>>
>>81023547

it's amazing how much he was able to ride dawn of the dead and 300
>>
>>81045756
How much is Hasbro/Mattel/Whoever owns it going to ask for it, at this point?

At the very least you'd think Disney could work out a lease deal. It's not like they're doing anything else with Rom.
>>
>>81045723
>BEFORE WONDER WOMAN
this shit again?

okay Leth
>>
You know, when I said BvS would have to be a literally rancidly odorous steaming pile of diarrhea in order to not be financially successful or ok just on sheer name recognition alone, it wasn't supposed to be a dare.
How did this happen?

Will this disrupt things like possible Red Hood movie? Especially with Bat of Murder. Is there just no hope for anything like live action teen titans?
>>
>>81045800
Hasn't the mouse being trying to swallow up Hasbro and Mattel for some time? Could just be a wait until that shit goes through then Gunn gets access
>>
>>81045800
They want to do a Rom/MASK/GI Joe cinematic universe.
>>
>>81045182
This excites me.
>>
>>81045813
No, fuck you, Wonder Woman should not be that hard to put into a movie. Just adopt Perez' run, modify it a little to change with modern geopolitics, the way Iron Man 1 adopted Tony's old Lee/Kirby origin. IT SHOULD NOT BE THAT HARD.
>>
>people complain about Snyder when he perfectly encapsulates the shitty New52 zeitgeist

He's the hero we deserve.
>>
Doesn't Gunn want control of Runaways at the moment? Since Suicide Squad killed his hopes for Thunderbolts.

That or the Eternals IIRC.
>>
>>81045756
It's UK Palitoy company that owns part of the rights
Much like right holders Peter Pan there the owners are monsters about profits and can demand an upwards of 50% royalties on sales.
A loop hole was attempted in 2001 where Rom changed his name to a weird spelling of Arthur it surprisingly still lead to grief with Palitoy.
>>
Isn't Ego confirmed for GOTG 2?

What a world.
>>
>>81023402
kek
>>
>>81045299
>both of their mothers are named Martha.

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>81045900
>Since Suicide Squad killed his hopes for Thunderbolts
I really doubt it killed it
We have two hero vs hero films this year and they are less than 3 months apart.
>>
File: david_goyer.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
david_goyer.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Miss me yet?
>>
>>81045900
>>81045945
I genuinely believe people will eat up Thunderbolts despite Suicide Squad.
>>
>>81045945
He said something to the effect it's not happening any more.

So now he can focus on his second choice after thunderbolts, Hit-monkey.
>>
Not gonna lie. I'd watch that.
>>
>>81045827

It'll be profitable, if not from the box office but through merchandising. I think it totally jeopardized launching a shared cinematic universe though.

Everything after 2017 is up in the air for the DCEU so who knows, maybe there'll be more bat related shit since the batfamily could probably print money for WB.
>>
>>81045540
How does that even make sense? Wouldn't Bruce just say, Martha is already dead!, if he thought Supes was referring to his mom? And the Supes would get angry thinking he meant his mom and then they would just kill each other?
>>
>>81045941
That's long been true, though. At least, I'm fairly certain.
>>
>>81046037
I feel that would be what the characters would do but thats not what plot wants at the moment.
>>
>>81045869
that wouldn't sell well. That would get terrible reviews.

They don't make movies just because someone wants them to fill a checklist
>>
>>81046061
It is less that this is an actual fact and more that this is the reason they didn't kill each other.
>>
>>81046086
In better hands, I could see it being a nice "not so different" bit, but I probably wouldn't have it be the clincher to them stopping fighting. I'd just go with Batman realizing Superman is being blackmailed by having his mother taken hostage, and then it comes up for emphasis at some point, either when he's talking to Superman or when he saves Ma Kent.
>>
Serious question. Do you think Synder is going to end up directing any more DC movies, or is he going to resign or be fired after BvS's critical reception?
>>
Hear me out guys...do you think we can get WB to delete MoS and BvS from the canon and supplant them with...Lego Batman
>>
>>81046210
Nothing will change, no lessons will be learned, this universe is doomed.
>>
>>81046221
If there's enough fury over this perhaps they'll rush Flashpoint or something.
>>
>>81021838
Abrams is competent filmmaker tho
>>
I'd honestly like Gunn to do Inhumans. He seems to like weird and they need it.
>>
>>81046061

That's not the point, as much as it being a dumb reason.
>>
>>81046236
Unless this movie makes a billion dollars, I don't think WB will be too happy that their DC films keep on getting shitty reviews. If I was Synder I would be worried.
>>
>>81046175
If it's executed well i don't see it as that bad of a deal. Batman sees a little of the Alien's humanity because he has human mommy that cares about him.

Sure, can be cliche. Would be the least of its concerns for a movie with 34% RT score.
>>
>>81045900
Will it though? They look like similar concepts on the surface but the two organizations are very different in practice. Thunderbolts has more of a rehabilitation approach (though this does change a bit based on who is in charge of the team).
>>
>>81046221
No need. The DCCU literally has only 1 Superman movie, and a team up movie released. They need to scrape Cyborg movie (who the fuck actually wants to see this shit), Flash, Aquaman and Shazam.

Justice League and Wondy already started shooting so can't stop these.

And make Batman solo movie with Affleck acting and directing. And make Man of Steel 2, with George Miller directing it without Synder nor Goyer going near it.
>>
The Hypercrisis is real, Darkseid is running WB to keep us from believing in Superman.
>>
>>81045951
But they used his script. They rewrote it, but the framework is still Goyer.
>>
>>81046326
Thunderbolts is interesting, because the point of the team has evolved over time, at least in story. At the very beginning, it was strictly a scam, with villains pretending to be heroes so they could get into the Avengers' bases. As many of the members came to like being heroic for its own ends, they began to see the team as the thing that gave them a chance at redemption.

Osborn turned it into a Suicide Squad deal, and Parker Bolts largely did the same. But in the latter, and a bit of the former, people like Songbird were always trying to push it as a redemption angle, even when it didn't work.

In the past, it'd have been hard to make a movie encapsulating the feeling of the Thunderbolts, old and new, but in this new world with established universes, I think it'd be possible. It'd be easier to do something like Osborn or Parker bolts, but I think you could set up an original Thunderbolts movie rather nicely for post-Infinity War. Especially with Zemo being introduced soon. You probably wouldn't get the others being introduced before hand, though. I'm not sure they could pull off the twist either, given modern marketing standards, but since it's early in their story, that's just how it goes.

Maybe if you introduced them as bit characters in another movie, then had a stinger revelation. Probably a bit too much.
>>
>>81045951
They based BvS on his script. I'd be glad if this guy and Hack Snyder never touch DC's film ever again.
>>
>>81045951
I went and read that story he did in Action Comics #900 again and forgot how bad it was.
>>
>>81046423
Yeah, I firmly believe they can recover but they have got to get their shit together. I was starting to believe the cape movie bubble would never pop but BvS could be the first major step towards it happening.
>>
Songbird from just a marketing perspective seems like a good investment.

Covered up costume, bright pretty looking powers, memorable design.

Though now Suicide Squad and thunderbolts having a two toned hair girl and psychologist on the team might draw more similarities than they want.
>>
http://www.newsarama.com/28529-newsarama-readers-review-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice.html

>Newsarama Readers Review BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE
>>
>>81046507
the only good thing about Thunderbolts is Troll
they should bring her back
>>
Britta looks to old to play Harley. She's just 33 but man her crazy schoolgirl shtick makes her look like a hag reliving her high school days.

I'm sorry Gillian I still love you but this ain't working for me.
>>
The Flash needs to reboot the DCEU ASAP.
>>
>>81046622
It's not Gillian Jacobs, playing Harley. It's Margot something
>>
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein
>>
>>81046657
all white girls look alike
>>
>>81046657
she's just 25?

man I feel like a biased idiot. still she looks too old for me.
>>
>>81044688
There's really something wrong with you if you don't hate Iron Man.
>>
>>81046717
Iron Man is the only psycho sociopath tho
>>
>>81046717
>relying on a guy who constantly gets his tech and weapons conveniently stolen and used against him in every Iron Man movie
>oh wait doesn't stop there. Creates Ultron and puts world in danger again

Ironman fags am i right?
>>
>>81046770
>>81046808
time to put these guys in the registry
>>
The only guy in red with a helmet I care about is Ant-Man.
>>
Snyder is a cynical douchebag. This was more an anti-superhero movie. If Marvel films are a love letter to their fans, this film was a hate fuck to theirs.
>>
>>81046717
I don't understand, why are you antagonizing someone who shares your viewpoint?
>>
>>81046423
Justice League starts soon. I think they can delay that one. Wonder Woman just finished filming so the most they can do is reshoots.
>>
File: Scrambled Eggs.png (230KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
Scrambled Eggs.png
230KB, 576x432px
>>81046210
Probably.

I mean JL Part 1 is supposed to start filming April 11th.

Its not without precedent for WB to halt production that close to filming, but they've got a packed time table for the next four years.

And here's the thing, BvS will do really well this weekend, so that means its only in the second week that they'll see how bad things really are. That means they have a few days to replace him if they want to go that route.
>>
>>81046221
I think it's all dependent on how well BvS and Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman do at the box office.

BvS does good at box office (as in, makes back double its budget): They'll go ahead with their plans.

BvS doesn't meet expectations (like what happened with ASM2) or worse, flops hard: then they're dependent on Suicide Squad and WW. If BvS does really bad (like Green Lantern bad or Fant4stic bad), maybe WB deletes any references to BvS or MoS and pretend Superman didn't exist in the films yet.

So that leads to the other scenarios:

BvS flops but Suicide Squad does well: They might keep Affleck as Batman but pretend nothing from MoS and BvS happened, unless Eisenberg's scenes are too tied into Suicide Squad to remove. Then if Wonder Woman also does all right, they'll probably do a soft reboot.

BvS and Suicide Squad both flop: Well now they're hoping Wonder Woman saves them.

BvS, Suicide Squad, and WW all flop: Time for a takeover and a complete reboot.
>>
>>81047242
Suicide Squad will probably do great, hell it might even get good reviews and if it does well we know the root of the problem for bad DC movies

Zach Snyder
Goyer's scripts (even with rewrites it was bad)
Shitty Committee
>>
Any info with WW? Besides the fems clamoring over it, will the public buy it? Can WW survive on PC sentiment alone?

Will /co/ like it?
>>
>>81047280
Apparently she has about 16 lines, most of them are stale line reads, only that party scene has any acting or emotion or something, SUpes has a line that he reads too apparently somewhere. Action scenes with Doomsday are supposedly great, but since it's cgi, who gives a fuck anyone could have been thrown into cosplay and done it.
>>
>>81047280
You mean her appearance in BvS or her own movie?
>>
>>81047323
>>81047309
both.

I have my doubts. Gadot was inconsequential in Fast&Furious. Did she even get a funeral when she died?
>>
>>81047280
Well the film will be directed by the director of Monster (the one with Charlize Theron) and written by the screenwriter of Ice Age: Continental Drift and Pan.
>>
>>81037400
I don't have a thing against DC I don't. I really wanted it to succeed

However I hate Snyder's directing so I'm sorry but I have to bully it
>>
Have we reached Acceptance yet?
>>
>>81047619
This.
>>
>>81047619
I wish Hack Snyder will fuck off after this. Shit, if he got to direct JL, it will be a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>81047800

I did. And now, i'm seriously thinking about giving capeshit (in all it's forms) a rest. Thank you, Zack Snyder, maybe now i will be able to focus in important things.
>>
>>81033972
>let's put a woman in charge of Star Wars
I'll never not be mad.
>>
>>81047619
If DC movie verse did, or does fix itself somehow, even if it's a messy, convoluted way, if it gets fixed I will be overjoyed. I love Marvel, but I would adore to see DC franchises getting good movies pushed out. If DC and Marvel franchises could both stand in the son of good, entertaining movies, it could open the doors wider for all sorts of stories to finally come to light.
Thread posts: 504
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.