[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many of you want this too fail? It would probably be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 604
Thread images: 68

File: batmanvsuperman.jpg (392KB, 1910x1000px) Image search: [Google]
batmanvsuperman.jpg
392KB, 1910x1000px
Why do so many of you want this too fail? It would probably be over a decade or longer since we would ever see these two come together again.
>>
>>81008939
It's not gonna fail, critics might not like it but general public seems to be liking the movie
>>
>>81008939
ben affleck

no joke, that guy is literally the fucking worst and if he couldv've stayed away i'd wish it well
>>
File: SupermanJLU.png (76KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
SupermanJLU.png
76KB, 350x262px
I heard from a review that Superman still kills in this movie

I'm really spoiled by earlier depiction of Superman, especially from the DCAU.
>>
I can just read the hundreds of comics issues they team up in if I want stories about it. Seeing it in live action adds no value to me. I don't think I like movies in general as a format. If the failure helps chase away /tv/ then so be it.
>>
>>81009033
Of all the potential complaints, shouldn't affleck be one of your least concerns? The guys a good actor, looks incredible in the suit, and not a scrawny manlet with a dumb voice like bale.
>>
>>81009063
>I'm really spoiled by earlier depiction of Superman, especially from the DCAU.

This statement is particularly sad because DCAU Superman was trash after STAS.
>>
Because fuck Zack Snyder
>>
>>81009063
Nostalgia glasses ruin everything.
>>
>>81009063
Yeah, but it's just Doomsday. Doomsday's usually fair game to kill, even in the DCAU,
>>
File: 1446425907977.jpg (20KB, 329x270px) Image search: [Google]
1446425907977.jpg
20KB, 329x270px
>>81009119
>Because an unpopular name is attached to a franchise you love, you want it to crash and burn

I never understood this
>>
>the masses are loving it
The thing about critics is, they don't like it if a movie tries to be smart and falters in doing so. They would rather watch a movie that knows what is, dumb mindless fun. There's nothing wrong with that, but you can't deny there isn't a bias.
>>
>>81009091
he is a TERRIBLE actor who has always been a disgusting pig but for some reason now wants to pretend like he is the most forward thinking celeb ever
look i get that it might seem strange but i'll just say i'm not alone, most people remember how much of a creep he used to be and probably still is
>>
>>81009198
Why do you care about his personality? It's called acting not yourselfing, lol grow up
>>
>>81009179
what if kate leth started writing your favorite hero?

get it now?
>>
>>81009158
one reviewer said Superman drags a badguy through multiple walls

>>81009109
explain
>>
>>81009063
Right JLU where he tried to murder Darkseid in cold blood after knocking Darkseid unconscious
Fucking casuals can't even remember the things that they cite...
>>
>>81009198
He seems like an real asshole IRL but he's in a few good really good movies and his acting isn't bad at all
>>
>>81008939
It's ironic that there is more effort put into the costumes or music of this movie than in creating any of the marvel flicks yet look at the reviews. I'm speechless.
Remember the praise it got from everyone in the premiere? Now according to some critics, it is worse than Zoolander 2.
>>
I don't want it to fail. I want it to be great but I have little faith in Snyder to pull it off. The reviews don't help but I'm going to watch anyway and hope I enjoy it. And I want to see other DC characters get movies so I really, really hope this is a movie where most people disagree with the critics and it does well
>>
>>81008939
>Why do so many of you want this too fail?

Because they played it safe like they always do

>gotta stop the bad guy plot #572452

If they had any fucking balls the movie would have just simply been Batman vs Superman
>>
>>81009246
I remember when he tried to kill Darkseid when he asked him for help. Darkseid ended up turning on them when Brainiac was defeated, right?
>>
>>81009236
Might hate her as a choice but I'd still want whatever she made to be good, despite the likelihood of it not being good.
>>
>>81009225
because people who are being halfway acceotable at something generally doesn't make up for bad things they've done?

lol, think
>>
>>81009238
Actually I'll correct myself a little. He was kind of ok in JL, but by the time JLU came around he was a huge angry and moody bitch before the Cadmus stuff even ramped up. Behaved like a completely different person for no reason. Felt like I was watching a moody teenager whining about everything. It was pretty unbearable.
>>
I'm willing to wait a decade if it means a proper Batman/Superman movie. This movie being a success prolongs the wait for a proper DC movie.
>>
>>81009299
I hope this is sarcasm.
Reviews are literally saying "wait for the next marvel film".
>>
>>81009326
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Why do you think there's some element of making up for anything? It's just a dude in a movie. It's not a valuation of him as a person.
>>
>>81009033
THE CAST IS NOT THE PROBLEM. THEY WERE NEVER THE PROBLEM TO BEGIN WITH.

Snyder just isn't a competent storyteller.
>>
>>81009348
>You'd literally wait a decade even if this movie turns out successful

What do you mean by proper?
>>
>>81009367
that might be fine and good if you DONT believe that he is a pseudo intellectual who leeches off of smarter more successful people to accomplish anything

look i never said i wanted to go spit on his daughter i am just saying, this is a business, he is one sneaky and shameless business person and i hope he fails eventually
>>
>>81009407
By successful I mean monetarily successful enough to continue making movies set in the DCEU. Let's not kid ourselves anon even if this movie makes money it's shit.

By proper I mean not shit. Made by people who respect the comics. With Snyder as far away from them as possible.
>>
>>81008939
Because MoS sucked.
>>
>>81009451
Snyder respects the comics, he justs respects them for the wrong reasons, and it really, really shows.
>>
>>81009427
I'm still not really getting it. Why would thinking he's a bad person change anything? It has nothing to do with the product you are consuming.
>>
>>81009188
This. They want their super heroes to "know their place".
>>
>>81009451
You haven't even seen the movie yet and you've decided it's shit. Honestly it's just popular to hate Zack snyder even though Man of steel alone was better than anything marvel has put out. Even though it's also popular to hate man of steel and superman as a character.
>>
>>81008939
I didn't like MoS and BvS didn't look good to me, but I don't get this infantile "TOLD U SO!" and gloating about the bad reviews for the movie. Like, people wanted it to be a bad movie? I think Snyder is awful, but I would had loved for this to be a good movie, so that I could, you know, have a good movie to watch. Actually wanting it to fail boggles my mind.
>>
>>81009359
>Reviews are literally saying "wait for the next marvel film".

Those are mostly ass for the same reason. Too much fucking movie formula.

Is there literally no superhero film that isn't "superhero stops the villain because he's the only one with the power to do so"?

Batman v Superman had a chance to be EXACTLY THAT, but I'm sure some execs were worried that it might be controversial
>>
Because I'm tired of superhero movies, god damn
>>
>>81009565
You have no soul
>>
>>81009526
>You haven't even seen the movie yet and you've decided it's shit.
It's a sequel to a shit movie, with the same director. Zack Snyder hasn't made one good movie yet. It's shit anon.

>Man of steel alone was better than anything marvel has put out
No.

>Even though it's also popular to hate man of steel and superman as a character
I love Superman as a character, that's why I hate Man of Steel.
>>
>>81009528
wheredoyouthinkweare.png
>>
>>81009500
right and i am saying i disagree

in my mind a product could be tarnished by its means of productions

do you want to buy shrimp peeled by slaves? of course not, but ben affleck is not as bad as slavery he is just handsy and knows nothing about islam
>>
>>81009600
He didn't say he's sick of superheroes, just the movies

And he's not wrong. Movies are shit. 3 hours of nothing. TV series do it right because you get 10+ hours of story.
>>
File: 1362119033381.gif (698KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1362119033381.gif
698KB, 320x240px
>snyder, goyer, gadot
just that creative team alone can tell you they didn't give a shit either.
if they cared they'd put some effort into the cast too, afflec was just throwing money around for the sake of it.
it ain't personnel kid
>>
>>81008939
>why do many of you want this to fail?

It's like this
>betting on your favorite football team to lose because even though you love them you know they suck and at least you can make some money

People predicted a long time ago that BvS was going to fail. It's not that they wanted it to but that's where all the signs were pointing and now they are just rubbing it in that their predictions were correct.
>>
>>81009427

No wait hang on, he's a legitimately good director.

And anyway, I don't see how this matters to what he brings forward as an actor.
>>
File: BeNWzCnCYAAs7V_.jpg (45KB, 599x602px) Image search: [Google]
BeNWzCnCYAAs7V_.jpg
45KB, 599x602px
>Oh, and this Batman repeatedly shatters his "one rule", and kills willy-nilly while demonstrating a disturbing taste for sadistic mutilation. The excuse is that Superman has driven him to the edge – and yet this guy is still supposed to be our hero. There’s a difference between an antihero and a full-on villain, but this film never figures out where the boundaries lie.

Snyder can't keep getting away with this!
(https://youtu.be/1YVrxFmheSc)
>>
>>81009555
Did you actually think the Batman and Superman tussle was going to be the main point of the movie and not the lead up to something bigger that happens towards the end?

I cannot call to mind any initial contact between Batman and Superman that didn't involve them perhaps disagreeing, maybe getting into a fight, then quickly realized they need to work together to stop a bigger threat because they're both good guys.

That's how it works, that's how it has always worked.
>>
>>81009643
Goyer got booted for Terrio and Affleck script though
>>
>>81009010
The general public won't see it until Friday. Nice try, though.

>>81009253
He's in some truly shitty movies, almost all of them shitty because he was given some measure of creative control over them.

In particular Daredevil should have been a red flag. It's not enough to say "oh yeah but Argo" because when he made Daredevil he was already an Oscar winner.

He's just prone to making shitty movies when his ego isn't reined in.

>>81009277
>>81008939
Yeah I honestly don't want any movie to fail. Each movie you watch represents thousands of hours of work by hundreds of people over the space of several years. None of them want to make a shitty movie, it's just that sometimes personalities come to dominate the production or some kind of groupthink takes over and they end up making something terrible. On lower budgets maybe they run out of money; on something like this, they run out of people who know when to say "enough".

The fact is though, it has almost certainly failed. It's not going to make a billion, it's probably going to drop 80% on the second weekend, and it just won't recover.

What they then choose to do with the other two movies they've finished is anybody's guess. They could always cut Affleck out and do a few reshoots, try and salvage some of it. But it's not going to be easy for them, and those are the people I feel sorriest for here: the ones who are still working on their projects and looking at the way this is going and worrying that actually, maybe they've been just rolling around in cowshit for two years instead of making a decent movie. Poor dumb bastards.
>>
>>81009624
>do you want to buy shrimp peeled by slaves?

I guess we are just too different to understand each other then because I would if it was cheaper. I'm sure there's shit I buy that's made in sweatshops and all. That's up to the government to regulate. Why should I harm myself by paying more (or not metaphorically, by not watching a movie I want to watch) based on something I can't control?

Though I wasn't planning on BvS until it showed up on HBO or something so maybe it's more of an academic point of debate than truly mattering.
>>
I wanted it to be good dammit. But WB deserves it for making shit decisions. David Goyer, still? Fuck off.
>>
>>81008939

If the people in charge of these characters watched Man of Steel and said, "Lets give this guy even MORE characters! Let's give him the keys to the WHOLE UNIVERSE!" you bet your ass I hope this fails.

Incompetence should never be rewarded and if it does take ten years than great, maybe we'll have some execs who aren't complete fucking idiots by then.
>>
>>81009721
>did you seriously think oranges were the main ingredient in orange juice? it's birdshit and tapwater, dumbass! oranges go in carrot juice to make it orange!

--Florida, 2016
>>
>>81009721
By some of these accounts the movie has similar pacing to MoS and the tussle is actually towards the end after an hour and change of build up and sequel hooks. So in that sense, it is the main point of the movie.

Given that the fight and the knightmare sequence are the only two action beats even hinted at being in the movie and the aforementioned precedence I can believe that.
>>
>>81009555
>Is there literally no superhero film that isn't "superhero stops the villain because he's the only one with the power to do so"?

>Is there literally any action blockbuster where the protagonist stops the antagonist because he's the only one who's able to do so?

That describes almost any action movie in general.
>>
>>81009246

Darkseid needs killing. Singing him to death is no different than punching him to death
>>
File: 1448081385144.jpg (38KB, 960x708px) Image search: [Google]
1448081385144.jpg
38KB, 960x708px
>>81009767
Daredevil was a good movie, it just wasn't a good daredevil movie. He was also great in the town and Dogma. Suck a dick affleck is a good actor when he wants to be and yeah Argo was good.
>>
>>81009063
I didn't mind Superman killing cause honestly Batman has been doing it in movies for decades without people caring
>>
>>81009830
He's actually right. The only time they've been legitimately at odds might be something like Injustice where one of them is evil. Other times it's mind control or a little misunderstanding before they fix it and fight the real villain. That's the trope.

It's like complaining that Superman is Clark Kent or that Batman's parents got killed in an alley. It's a given.
>>
>>81009808

Only for the comics and that's only because Marvel is producing some real dogshit on that end right now
>>
>>81009063
>>81009063
Not only Superman, but FUCKING Batman too.
Now they are Anti-heroes for the EDGY teenagers and manchildren with shit tier morals.

>>81009710
>>
>>81009941

Bale, Kilmer and Keaton all killed. Why is it suddenly a problem?
>>
>>81009941
>Now they are Anti-heroes for the EDGY teenagers and manchildren with shit tier morals.

Go laugh at slapstick marvel quips and light hearted over produced faggotry then, child
>>
>>81009959
Who did Kilmer kill?
>>
>>81009959
only they actually didn't
>>
>>81009980
I don't even like fucking marvel you idiot, Batman is my favorite superhero. No YOU go watch your le edgy Deadpool.
>>
>>81009996

>throws a box of coins at Harvey, who spills his spaghetti and falls to his death

>not killing him
>>
>>81010021
>Batman is my favorite superhero

And you complain about edginess like it's a bad thing? Wew
>>
>>81009996

Two face

>>81009997

Remember when BaleBats said he wouldn't kill that Asian guy and he blew up the league of assassins headquarters and all the Ninjas inside as a result? Yeah he probably killed that guy as well. Oh and he let Ra's die
>>
>>81008939
Because Man of Steel was bad. Current public perception of Batman is bad. No one involved seems to understand the characters at all. Every trailer and promotional shot feels like a joke.
>>
>>81008939
It will still break billion, but it will be known to be one of hated DC movies among critics and fans like Bayformers.
>>
>>81009941
Batman has killed in every movie run.
Not a big thing to get upset with now, ya know.
>>
>>81010094
>Because Man of Steel was bad

It wasn't it's just popular to hate it.
>>
>>81010056
>throws a handful of coins in the air that Harvey tried reaching for like an idiot which caused him to fall and die.

If I yell to someone "hey catch this!" and throw a football off of a cliff, can I be charged with murder if if they jump off the cliff to try to catch it?
>>
>>81009868
That doesn't mean it's okay
>>
>>81010137

Didn't Reeve also kill Zod? I'm sure he also killed Nuclear Man
>>
>>81010174
Where was this logic and alleviation of responsibility when superman HAD to kill zod?
>>
>>81010145
Go to bed, Zack.
>>
>>81010174

Was your intention to murder them? Because it was Batmans
>>
>>81009946
RL too.
>>
>>81010215
I stand by it, it was good.
>>
>>81010174

If they were mentally unstable and had a compulsion to follow footballs no matter where they go, then yes.

Harvey was a literal insane person who had a borderline-fetishistic connection with his coin. Of course he would lose it if Batman did that. For fuck's sake they did the same thing in BTAS but that wasn't hanging over a pit.
>>
>>81008939
Ask WB why they want this to fail.
>>
>>81009710
Does no one remember the first batman movie? He blows on guy up, throws another from a building and straight up trys to murder the joker in the batwing
>>
File: 1458090453002.jpg (82KB, 265x365px) Image search: [Google]
1458090453002.jpg
82KB, 265x365px
Don't really care how good it actually is. I just enjoy watching people go crazy trying to discredit reviewers or trying to shit on people who are excited to see the movie. It just shows how some people desperately want this movie to be good and some people desperately want to shit on the people who want it to be good.

Seriously though, this shitstorm the RT score has produced is fucking hysterical.
>>
File: i_Xecun_J[1].jpg (459KB, 1279x1457px) Image search: [Google]
i_Xecun_J[1].jpg
459KB, 1279x1457px
>ITS THE CRITICS FAULT
>MARVEL PAYED THEM
>ITS GONNE BE GOOD HONEST
were going to get 3 years of bait threads out of this just like MOS
might aswell make a new bingo
>>
I can deal with Batman killing a villain, but killing random criminals or civilians? No. He fucking use rubber bullets in The Dark Knight Returns against the mutants.
>>
>>81010285
You don't really have to change much. Just replace the Costner and Zod ones with something bat related
>>
>>81009773
You are a disgusting sub-human.
>>
>>81008939
Snyder at some point fucked their mothers or some shit i dunno. I just can't wait for solo Batfleck movie.
>>
>>81010145
Right, yes. I forgot. People aren't allowed to have opinions that differ from yours. So sorry.
>>
File: 1436901596897.png (137KB, 330x383px) Image search: [Google]
1436901596897.png
137KB, 330x383px
>>81010285
I can't wait
>>
Why do people pretend Snyder is bad? Man of Steel was great movie
>>
>>81010285
Please do. Needs more Batman
>>
>>81010334

He straight up shoots that hostage taking mutant in the fucking face!
>>
>>81010413
>Superman gets cucked by Batman from his own bingo too
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 378x408px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 378x408px
Is anyone else still going to see BvS out of curiosity?
>>
>>81010397
Have you ever even seen a "great movie"? Because if you think Man of Steel is great, Ben Hur is gonna blow your mind.
>>
>>81010397
0/10 bait. Try a little harder bud
>>
File: or the villain.png (57KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
or the villain.png
57KB, 260x260px
>>81009710
>mfw I kept saying they'd make Batman into an unlikable villain to boost public reception of Superman
>mfw they might have boosted public reception of DC, in the opposite direction
>>
oh Shit, didn't realize this was /co/ since the quality of the thread was so shitty I thought I was on /tv/
>>
>>81010397
This

>>81010464
>>81010468
He's right though. It's the closest thing we've had to a good superhero movie. Go ahead and tell me how much better Antman and Captain america was though. Marvel has made shitty movies.
>>
File: 1458448236376.jpg (499KB, 2404x845px) Image search: [Google]
1458448236376.jpg
499KB, 2404x845px
I still beleive
>>
>>81010486
>/co/
>Quality
>>
>>81010458
Of course. I have to see for myself if it's really that bad or not. Almost every fan and normie I've talked to that's seen the movie loved it. I have to see for myself if it's really "not muh MCU" or if it's really shitty.
>>
>>81010458

Yeah. As long as the fight itself is good I don't really care
>>
>>81010513
Notice how the higher you go on the scale, the more divisive it gets
>>
>>81010513
>Luthor's piss jar
>Luthor's autistic designated names and logos for meta humans
>kino
>>
>>81010528
>Almost every fan and normie I've talked to that's seen the movie loved it

Same! That's why this is so bizarre
>>
>>81010550
22222deep44444u
>>
>>81010273
>this is ok because it was done before
>>
>>81010497
>Go ahead and tell me how much better Antman and Captain america was though

Why don't you just go read the reviews and find out?
>>
>>81010094
>Current public perception of Batman is bad.
Genuinely curious how
>>
>>81010497
>if you think this movie is bad you must think these movies are good!!!
no they can both be bad shill
>>
>>81010497
I've seen better superhero flicks, just not ones adapting DC or Marvel. Like that one done by the director of Eyes Without a Face.
>>
>>81010558
The bizarre thing to me is that its unanimous that it's better than MoS, but seems to be getting lower scores in every regard.
>>
>>81010582
>Critics decide for me what's a good movie

Critics also think Supergirl is better than the now cancelled Constantine.
>>
How did nobody at WB learn a thing from MoS' middling reception? Did they really just think throwing Batman in there would instantly make it good?
>>
File: Flash-Gordon.jpg (257KB, 1134x820px) Image search: [Google]
Flash-Gordon.jpg
257KB, 1134x820px
>>81010497
"Closest thing" doesn't make it good, and you're still wrong. Winter Soldier was excellent, and so were First Class and Days of Future Past. Just because it pretends to be darker and deeper doesn't automatically make it better.

P.S. the best superhero movie to date is pic related.
>>
>Not Marvel

Is basically what the negative reviews are saying.
>>
>>81010595
>>81010612
>U-unbreakable was GOAT. MARVEL AND DC BOTH A SHIT!

Figures.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 608x460px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 608x460px
>>81008939
Because people hated MoS and just hate DC in general. DC is seen as the FoxNews of comics. It's also because many critics have a HUGE bias towards Marvel ever since the Avengers (heck, some people are turning on the X-Films). Therefore, DC movies shouldn't be allowed to exist unless made by Marvel Studios. They even went of their way to create spambots on twitter to trash the movie.
BvS is still shit. But no matter what it turned out to be, it was destined to fail.
>>
>>81010638
Yes
>>
>>81010527
I can tell when there's dog shit in my patch of dirt.
>>
>>81010660
Unbreakable was good though. Only good superhero movie Samuel L. Jackson has been in 2bh.
>>
>>81010648
Screencap 10 reviews that say "This is not Marvel"

There are way more than 10 negative reviews, so this should be easy for you.
>>
>>81010640
But it was actually good. Winter soldier was overrated trash, I can barely remember first class and Days of future past was alright. Winter soldier and Days of future past was way more pretentious and pseudo-intellectual than man of steel.
>>
>>81010640
That's not Mystery Men
>>
>>81010228
What would it matter if it was my intention? Even IF I told a judge I threw the ball hoping he would jump off the cliff to get it what would change? I don't see it as Batmans fault that Harvey was an idiot. Bottom line is Batman didn't push him off, shake the beam he was on, or throw anything at him physically that caused him to fall. All he did was toss some coins in the air.
>>
>>81010665
Also they hate Snyder because he fucked their girlfriends behind their backs or some shit. Also internet autism
>>
Al though I wanted it to be good.. DC just tries too hard and this is to me why it feels like it will not work well. /tv/ is already laughing their asses off cause the rotten tomato is at 37% or something
>>
>>81010273
>>81009710
Here's a question, did BvS establish that Batman has a rule against killing? Cause as far as I can tell they didn't do that with Burton's Batman.

If BvS doesn't establish the rule, then okay I could accept it even though I'm not thrilled with that.

If it established the rule in-story, then it'd be a bullshit contradiction within the film itself.
>>
>>81010665
This. Pure bias.
>>
>>81010665
I think he only wrote the first Thor. Still, he's responsible for one of the biggest quipfests of the MCU. It says a lot of even he's calling BS.
>>
It's not our fault that DC can't make a good movie with Batman or Superman to save their life, while Marvel can probably shit out a half-decent Gwenpool movie
>>
>>81010736
why are you ok with people fucking up characters? literally whats the point of that? lets say you convince someone so far that they would be perfectly fine with supporting a mediocre movie, what's the purpose?

getting a mediocre sequel?
>>
>>81010640
>Flash Gordan is what these plebs consider to be a good superhero movie

Everything makes sense now.
>>
File: image.png (36KB, 364x151px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
36KB, 364x151px
Do you know the oldest lie in America, senator?
>>
>>81010736
>Here's a question, did BvS establish that Batman has a rule against killing? Cause as far as I can tell they didn't do that with Burton's Batman.

I read that he does kill in the movie
>>
>>81010720
Yeah, yeah. I know, sweetie. Everything is bad except what you like.
>>
>>81010768
Maybe you should read the post before responding.
>>
>>81010760
But that's wrong because Man of steel was already better than anything Marvel has done
>>
Where did it go wrong?
>>
File: 1458711868405.jpg (247KB, 1280x534px) Image search: [Google]
1458711868405.jpg
247KB, 1280x534px
top kek
>>
>>81010790
>then okay I could accept it
>I could accept it
>>
File: 1422229434466.jpg (32KB, 558x640px) Image search: [Google]
1422229434466.jpg
32KB, 558x640px
>>81010769
>he doesn't like Flash Gordon
>>
File: 1440483419132.jpg (146KB, 545x363px) Image search: [Google]
1440483419132.jpg
146KB, 545x363px
>>81010787
But it's objectively true. Why don't you go back to r*ddit.
>>
File: 1454484148734.jpg (204KB, 500x409px) Image search: [Google]
1454484148734.jpg
204KB, 500x409px
>>81008939
frankly I just don't care for the superman mythos, nor for the 'batman can fight toe to toe with anyone' argument the flick's premise is based off.

if you want me to go see a B&S movie, give me World's Finest where Superman needs the help of the greatest detective to foil a genius criminal mastermind, something that plays up the character's respective strengths rather than their weaknesses
>>
>>81010815
>can't even read the rest of the post
>>
>>81010770
Internet critics are always right?
>>
>>81009513
No. Good superhero movies, like dark knight are loved by crits.
>>
>>81010828
>I could accept it
why are you willing to accept it at all?
>>
>>81010660
I wasn't talking about Unbreakable, but yes that is a film that's better than MoS. I'd even say Watchmen was better than MoS, at least Snyder wasn't failing miserably at being deep and meaningful with his direction in that one. I'm still unsure what possessed Snyder to use that clip of the kid running around with the towel, it looked like it came straight from a Smashing Pumpkins video.
>>
>>81010820
>opinions
>objective
>>
>>81008939
Because there is nothing in the movie that I'm excited about, as I heard the news of every thing they have added I just groaned as I dislike every decision the movie makes have made
>>
>>81010633
Critics don't decide anything for me. I'm just telling you to check the reviews because the burden of having to explain why one movie was better than another doesn't exist. Nobody has to tell you shit. You think MoS was good? Fine. I don't think it was and I do think Captain America, Ant-Man, as well as many other Marvel movies were better.
>>
>>81010837
Because if the story logic is sound I could accept it even though I don't like their interpretation of a character. I don't need to throw a tantrum over shitty interpretations. Batman survived Burton's Killer Batman and Schumacher's Campy Plus Batman, he can fucking survive Snyder.
>>
>>81010841
Mine actually is though.
>>
>>81010757
I'll let you in on a secret people have no preconceived notions about Marvel characters. They're blank slates, cardboard cutouts of their comic book counterparts. Starks alcoholism? Out the window. Bruce Banner, being as smart as he is timid? No. Hawkeye being a lovable fuck up? Nah. These aren't marvel characters, they're broad generalizations of the characters with pretty coat of paint.
>>
>>81010867
>a specific plot element is inherently pretentious
>>
>yfw Bruce Timm and co. made a better BvS movie that was only 60 minutes and for a kid's show
>>
>>81010879
>I'm not saying Critics decide what's good for me
>I'm just saying you should check out the reviews because the Critics know best.
>>
>>81010895
Man, you were doing so well, but you gave yourself away.

8/10 admirable troll, my friend.
>>
>>81009876
>I-It's okay when Timm does it
fucking pathetic
>>
>>81010923
In comparison, yes.
>>
>>81010934
>being a literal retard

Not suprised you enjoyed MoS
>>
>>81010924
Bruce Timm and co. did better than any superhero movie we've gotten since 2008 for literally 5 consecutive shows. That's saying pretty much nothing.
>>
File: 1458588716646.jpg (84KB, 493x562px) Image search: [Google]
1458588716646.jpg
84KB, 493x562px
>>81010941
>>
>>81010974
Darkseid had put him through a lot of shit over a long period though.
>>
>>81009767
>won't see it til friday
>what are other countries
The world isn't just America anon.
>>
>Richard Roeper liked it
>>
>>81011044
I thought this movie did well overseas?
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 621x371px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 621x371px
Why can't people accept that it was a genuinely bad movie?

There's no conspiracy or bias.
>>
>>81011072
Do you?

pre·ten·tious
prəˈten(t)SHəs/
adjective
adjective: pretentious

attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.
"a pretentious literary device"

Those movies were Marvels attempts at insisting upon itself.
>>
>>81010867
>a conspiracy movie about a brainwashed cyborg and Bill & Ted's Uncanny Adventure is more pretentious than alien jesus being skewered by a kyryptonite lance of longinus for our sins
>>
>>81010770
That you don't piss in people's drinks?
>>
>>81011107
the DC Internet Defense Force has to defend their movie somehow.

Too bad Snyder couldn't make the movie at least mediocre instead of just outright bad. It would have made their jobs easier.
>>
a nonsensical and jarring hallucination/dream/whatever in which Pa tells a story about how he once saved the Kent family farm from drowning, but in the process he flooded the next farm over. Pa heard the screams of the drowning horses in his sleep every night.

Guys.....
>>
File: image.png (556KB, 607x817px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
556KB, 607x817px
Today, is a day for truth

The world needs to know what happened and for what he stands for

That kind of power is very dangerous
>>
>>81011141
Yes. Man of steel was pretty straight forward in comparison and he's more of a cultural icon anyways. It wasn't nearly as pretentious as Winter soldier and days of future past.
>>
>>81010796
Oh my god. I see why they like the movie. See how they all write, like pretentious cunts- too many metaphors, they don't even know what they are saying. So fucking vague with no substance, just like MoS; lacking everything except subtlety.
>>
>>81011169
Kevin Costner came back for this shit?
>>
>people have it out for DC films
>b-but this movie is going to make billions anyways!
>and The Dark Knight is a better movie than anything Marvel has ever made!
Do anyone else see the problem with this?
>>
>>81011137
Those plot elements are just standard sci-fi stuff, calling them pretentious is like calling the space-ships and space magic narrative in star wars pretentious.

The pretentiousness of MoS comes out not in Aliens invading, but in shit like the cringeworthy and obvious Jesus allusions.
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 758x606px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 758x606px
>>
>>81010840
>I'm still unsure what possessed Snyder to use that clip of the kid running around with the towel,
Snyder explained the reasoning behind it.
It's 1. Because Clark's kryptonian genes (the ones he's not a slave to) compelled him to wear a cape
2. So Jonathan could see who Clark would grow up to be before he took dive into a twister.
>>
File: Belloq.gif (2MB, 360x150px) Image search: [Google]
Belloq.gif
2MB, 360x150px
How do DC/WB manage to fuck up this badly time after time?
>>
>>81011259
Shut up Roger Moore, the only service here is your mom sucking on everyone's cock
>>
>>81011259
Based Roger "glib facsimile" Moore
>>
>>81010198
He didn't kill Zod.

What happened with Superman I and II is they were made by the Salkinds; there's actually a thing called the Salkind Clause that prevents actors and crew being hired for one production that then gets split into multiple productions but still only pays for one production - this was because of the Three Musketeers/Four Musketeers movies they produced in the early 70s, which were originally going to be one movie.

That was just how they liked to work; as long as everybody's getting paid it's fair enough, there's nothing wrong with shooting movies and sequels back to back - but it also happened with Superman I and II, and when Donner quit (resulting in another director finishing off) a lot of the material he'd shot was left out of the edit. The theatrical release has Superman dropping Zod and his cronies into a misty pit; audiences didn't like that, so for the tv edits and other later releases the scene of them being handed over - along with Luthor - to the "Arctic Patrol", a fictional police/military patrol in the Arctic circle, presumably near the Fortress of Arrogance. The Donner Cut - as released on DVD a few years back - also reinstates this scene, I believe. In any case I think Donner's on record as saying Superman didn't kill them in his version.

Superman destroys the second Nuclear Man by depositing him in the reactor of a nuclear power plant, turning him into electricity (yeah), something he understands will work after having destroyed the first Nuclear Man (Clive Mantle) by knocking him into the arrestors of a power line (in a deleted scene). Since both Nuclear Men were essentially programmed evil clones of Superman with lifespans of perhaps a few days, it's debatable whether killing them was murder in the way that breaking Zod's neck was, but the second Nuclear Man is definitely the model Snyder chose for his Zod's behavior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chdVDWYR6Ac
>>
>>81010796
Nolan is better than Snyder, that simple.
>>
>>81011236
>>81011236
Those two movies were a change of pace for marvel and them trying to take their property a little more seriously, but they are still shit. Also

>A Jesus allegory that's been a part of the character for decades is more pretentious than MUH FREEDOM GOVERNMENT COVER UPS, DUDE ROBOTS FROM THE FUTURE LMAO
>>
>>81011063
Its not out anywhere. It was just the press screenings
>>
>>81011107
Because I haven't seen it yet.
>>
>>81010198
>>81011310
It's also worth noting that in the previous movie, Superman literally strangled his evil self to death. He also "kills" a self-aware computer, though I can't recall offhand whether he was aware that the computer had become self-aware at that point.

>>81011215
He just wants a Waterworld crossover with Aquaman. It's networking.
>>
>>81008939
I didn't want it to fail.

I just thought Man of Steel was terrible, and also didn't agree with basically every new casting decision, so I know it'd end up being bad. Which it is. So yeah I called it like 100 times in MoS or BvS shill threads
>>
>>81011329
It's amazing that putting that in greentext and strawmanning the fuck out of it doesn't make it sound any less true.

That's how little you actually manage to use the word pretentious correctly.
>>
>>81011329
im convinced this is a falseflag with how poorly you are making your argument
>>
>>81011044
The only places it's been shown so far have had a single premiere. That's it.

There are a lot of openers today (23 March) but not for a few hours. So nobody's seen it.

Maybe you should relax, eh?
>>
You'd think after divisive opinion on Man of Steel, Warner Bros. would find a different director.
>>
File: seriously.jpg (30KB, 238x480px) Image search: [Google]
seriously.jpg
30KB, 238x480px
I feel bad for DC at this point. They just can't do it.
>>
The worst thing about all this is that it gives haters validation and vindication, and now they get to go around spouting shit like "Well I always knew. That's too bad." Fuck off.
>>
The gritty grim style might work if it was actually a Batman v Superman movie that dealt in the moral, legal, practical and philosophical implications of a godlike figure like Superman being on earth and not actually a bullshit lie marketing campaign title with a movie actually about people teaming up to punch a CGI monster to death.

The serious tone kinda breaks when you're just making generic shit.
>>
File: image.png (47KB, 200x144px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
47KB, 200x144px
Ben Affleck: WHAT DID I SAY!

Zack Snyder: g-good mo...t-to make a movie

Ben Affleck: WHAT DID I TELL YOU TO DO!

Zack Snyder: t-to make a good movie

Ben Affleck: A GOOD MOVIE! I come to work and I have to look at this mess.

Zack Snyder: I-I can make a good movie...

Ben Affleck: You SHOULD'VE made a good movie! This was supposed to revitalize my career in super hero action genre blockbusters cinéma by being a good movie!

Zack Snyder: What?

Ben Affleck: YOU HEARD ME!
>>
>Pa Kent shows up again in BvS, in a nonsensical and jarring hallucination/dream/whatever in which Pa tells a story about how he once saved the Kent family farm from drowning, but in the process he flooded the next farm over. Pa heard the screams of the drowning horses in his sleep every night.

This happened in a Superman movie.
>>
Reboot time?
>>
So 4 more years of shitposting then?
>>
>>81011457

They're too desperate to make any super hero dosh. They're willing to ignore MoS critical tanking and poor post opening performance.
>>
Batman.
Versus.
Superman.

That's all people wanted. Maybe throw in some Justice League characters, fucking sure why not. But it's not Batman v Superman, it's fucking Lex convincing Batman to be sorta afraid of Superman until the big CGI baddie comes along. It's not about differences in ideals and methods. It's about being tricked.
>>
>>81011538
That happened in Silence of the Lambs, shut up bitch
>>
>>81011538
Pa Kent is really fucked up
>>
>>81011517
Remember Affleck's "bad leg" that prevented him from starting filming, and then magically as soon as Terrio was signed up his leg was fine again, and also it was fine at all his public appearances in between?

Ego will kill any project, anon. Can you blame Affleck for wanting to control something he'd originally turned down? No. Should you? Yes.
>>
>>81011535
You know, if this was the 80s I'm certain you could have told me the entire crew was jacked up on coke the whole time and I'd have bought it as an excuse.

Now, man I got nothing
>>
>>81011572
Honestly I want a movie about all the fucked up shit Pa Kent's seen that apparently caused him to lose all faith in humanity and commit suicide via tornado.

THAT sounds like a fun time for viewers of all ages.
>>
>>81011572
>Should I have let those kids drown, pa?
>Yeah, drown 'em. Drown 'em like the horses they really are. Did I ever tell you about your brother, Arthur? We keep him in the basement. You know, the permanently flooded one. Stupid sea-horse asshole.
>>
>>81011569
>It's not about differences in ideals and methods. It's about being tricked.
It's both of those things. Lex took something that was already there: the anger, fear, distrust, and lit a fire under it to make it even worse.
>>
>>81008939
Do it right or don't do it at all.
>>
>>81010974

What? It's OK when anyone does it. Darkseid isn't some faggot criminal who can be rehabilitated he's a evil God who needs to die
>>
>>81008939
I wanted it to be good. But you could see the approach being shite a mile away.
>>
File: prayer circle.png (27KB, 896x369px) Image search: [Google]
prayer circle.png
27KB, 896x369px
When your movie is so bad it converts reddit to Christianity.
No atheists in the foxholes m8
>>
>>81008939

Warner Bros. is going to be so disappointed with the box office haul.
>>
They should have just actually made a Batman v Superman film.

Nobody wanted to see "Dishonest premise: Let's all punch a CGI monster and try to set up a Justice League movie".
>>
On the bright side at least that solo batman film will be rushed out for 2018 to replace aquaman or flash
>>
>>81011693
Are you kidding me? Regardless of the critical reception, BvS is still going to make WB a lot of money.
>>
>>81009091
Your post proves you're retarded. Bale is an actual actor. Affleck is a fucking meme. Dumb fucker.
>>
>>81011636
Like Zod?
>>
>>81008939
I just want Snyder out
>>
>>81011702
your definition has nothing to do with standard sci-fi elements being put in a comic book film you idiot.
>>
>>81011739
>>81011751
Do y'all seriously not know the "wife's son" meme?
>>
>>81011733

What the fuck mate? Who cares about Zod. I never once brought it up but you seem intent on arguing about MoS
>>
>>81008939
HAHAHAHA! Nobody wants DC to fail. We're just not stupid enough to eat the shit they're spoon feeding you. The movie doesn't look good, Suicide Squad doesn't either. As long as you faggots keep pretending everything they do is awesome it will never get better.
>>
File: drowninghorse.jpg (25KB, 490x281px) Image search: [Google]
drowninghorse.jpg
25KB, 490x281px
>Pa Kent shows up again in BvS, in a nonsensical and jarring hallucination/dream/whatever in which Pa tells a story about how he once saved the Kent family farm from drowning, but in the process he flooded the next farm over. Pa heard the screams of the drowning horses in his sleep every night.

I bet the horse was crying out for Superman to save it will Pa was holding him back
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 599x337px
JUST
>>
>>81009010
So transformers? Yeah, imma pass.
>>
>>81009767
Are you really comparing Daredevil Affleck to recent Affleck?

Check Gone Girl. The guy is better and if he has someone somewhat decent writing his character he can be great.
>>
>>81011796
>STOP MY INVINCIBLE JOCKEY
>>
>>81011796

STOP UNDROWNABLE SON!
>>
>>81011803
That said, will BvS be this year's Fant4stic
>>
>>81008939
1.) It's not going to fail, don't be stupid.
2.) I didn't want it to fail, I wanted it to be enjoyable. It didn't need to be Marvel lolrandumb humor tier comedy, but it needed to be (a) good, and (b) not a depressing slog like MoS.

Looks like I'm not getting what I wanted, though.
>>
>>81011832

Nah cause it's going to make money. My bet is on X-Men
>>
File: 1906686-superhorse.jpg (14KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1906686-superhorse.jpg
14KB, 320x240px
>>81011796
>Stop my invincible kryptonian horse
>>
>>81011702
>deleted

Top fucking kek
>>
>>81011752
But that definition applies to that plotline regardless of it's use of sci-fi elements that are pretentious aswell
>>
>>81011841
It already critically failed and that's more important than box office. Would rather have an acclaimed flop than a successful turkey.

Fucking Snyder, now DC is just the Transformers of comic books and we can never, EVER go back.

Someone just put him in a wheelchair already, it's more than he deserves.
>>
>>81011796
Jesus Christ why DC why?
>>
>>81011796
/tv/ FUCKING LEAVE BITCHES
YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT COMIC BOOKS
>>
>>81011857
X=Men actually looks good. BvS looks like it's aimed at autistic children. Are you retarded or just butthurt about GreenLantern/Catwoman all over again?
>>
>>81011911
Which comic book has Luthor trolling a senator with a jar of piss because I will go to Amazon and buy that comic right this second.
>>
>>81011941
>X=Men actually looks good

Nah it looks shit. You can throw DC at me (I don't know why) but Apocalypse looks dreadful
>>
>>81008939
Reps from DC have gone on the record saying that if BvS is poorly recieved it would put a huge dent in their DCEU plans.

I want to see them in damage control mode and back peddle their asses, and HOPEFULLY it sends a message to marvel in some way or form to start worrying.
>>
>>81011964
Probably a morrison run
>>
>>81008939
Because shitposting is way more fun than this movie could ever be.
>>
>>81011988
>Reps from DC have gone on the record saying that if BvS is poorly recieved it would put a huge dent in their DCEU plans.
No they haven't
>>
File: HowardStark-IM2.png (839KB, 720x670px) Image search: [Google]
HowardStark-IM2.png
839KB, 720x670px
>>81011572
>>81011538
>>81011796
>Howard Stark is a cold, distant figure suffering from PTSD and alcoholism
>also the Nazi splinter cell he spent his youth fighting is slowly taking control over the American secret services and it's only a matter of time before they come after him
>still manages to do a better Obi-Wan moment with his son than Pa "One of the best dads in comics" Kent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU5GV6zsK1U

Oh what a world, what a world.
>>
A cartoon from 1998 with probably less than 1/4 of the budget is better and more dignified. How embarrassing.
>>
PEOPLE WHO DISLIKE THIS MOVIE WITHOUT SEEING IT DOES NOT UNDERSTAND ME
>>
>>81011941
X-Men doesn't look like nothing, nobody cares about them.
>>
>>81010458
My friend might be able to score us some free tickets. If he can, I'll go see it.
>>
>>81011612
>Pa Kent fights off a bully
>Bully is mentally unstable and seeks to kill Pa Kent
>Bully gets into standoff with police, ending in a suicide by police
>>
>>81011964
>Which comic book has Luthor trolling a senator with a jar of piss

>Right before he blows her up with a wheelchair bomb
>>
>>81010458
yes because I'm an adult and can make up my own mind, I don't need a magazine to tell me what I think about a movie.
>>
>>81012018

>Probably

Fucking certainly. Closer to 1/50th of the budget
>>
>>81012009
If i wasn't so lazy I'd go find the article, hell there was even a rather amusing thread here when it was released.
>>
File: wpid-JOKER-104.png (3MB, 984x1330px) Image search: [Google]
wpid-JOKER-104.png
3MB, 984x1330px
>>81011557
No Anon you are wrong. We have a cinematic universe now. The shitposting will never end.
>>
>>81011796
>In 1991 during a rain storm, Pa Kent was riding horses with friends when a small horse was dragged under the waves and began to struggle to stay above surface. As his friends rushed to help, Kent held out an arm infront of them, stopping them and was reported saying by Tom Ross (who is the father of Peter Ross) "The waves have claimed her, let her fight for her own life". The crew, dumbfounded, proceeded to watch her struggle until her body disappeared beneath the waves, lifeless. He was later spotted outside the owner's house, making drowning gestures and thanking the family for their horse's sacrifice to the great rain god.
>>
>>81012087
Sure thing, anon.
>>
>>81012087
>I don't need to back it up, it's true!
>>
File: 1385052084135.jpg (223KB, 1096x800px) Image search: [Google]
1385052084135.jpg
223KB, 1096x800px
>>81012108
After all the grittyness in the DC universe, who would've thought Pa Kent is the darkest most tortured soul there is
>>
>>81012097
This, if you're afraid of shitposting? This movie being successful is the most frightening possibility since it'll just lead to tons of marvel vs dc shit. worth it to me, I want an animal man movie someday
>>
>>81011975
What if I told you that you think it looks horrible because of your insufferable autism, and faggy tastes? If you were a little smarter and not as gay, you'd like it.
>>
>>81008939
>Why do so many of you want this too fail? I

Because I want a good Batman/Superman movie.

Because I want Snyder out.
>>
Janny is a marvel fanboy. Surprise surprise.
>>
>>81012028
It'll be received better than any of the cheese-dick shit you like, because only a small percentage of the population are autistic.
>>
>>81008939
To piss off the memers that have been spamming every MCU thread for the past year.

Also I'm too old to care about 'who wud win batman or superman' when I've read enough comics to know the answer is as disappointingly juvenile as the question.
>>
Honestly, DCEU stuff should be banned from /co/ and it should have its own board.
>>
File: 1458507916522.jpg (375KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1458507916522.jpg
375KB, 1920x1080px
Wanting it to fail and it looking like a cluster fuck of a catch up attempt are two different things, OP.

Calling it.

Generally ok movie with way too much shit going on.

Spider-Man 3 all over again.
>>
>>81012042
Man this really sounds sounds more like a Joker thing to do. Have I just been reading the wrong Lex books?
>>
>>81012219
he's deleting "dc is shit" threads, I'd say he's being fair. I just wanna discuss dc movies and shit without being told it's bombed before it even comes out
>>
>>81009631
>TV series do it right
Yet they're all shit except for DD which is passable at best.
>>
>>81012291
>Yet they're all shit except for DD and JJ which are fantastic and Gotham Season 2 which is aight when you're drinking
ftfy
>>
>>81012276
Maybe Zack Snyder should write comic books
>>
File: smallville207.04.jpg (48KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
smallville207.04.jpg
48KB, 700x394px
>>81009331
>for no reason
>no reason
>>
>>81012288
That's what I was posting, saying I liked MoS more than certain Marvel movies and he blocked me.
>>
>>81008939
WB/DC cucked this up, they don't have a long game plan like MCU did. They only saw the success of Marvel plan and want it something similar, only thing is, they are throwing a glorified hail mary. What could have been a sequel of Man of Steel got mingled up with Batman, then Wonder Woman, then glorified cameo of some Justice League friends. Now add Lex Luthor and Doomsday (out of nowhere!) into the mix. We have hodge podge of everything but a kitchen sink into the mix.
A visual splendor, but a messy one. Also, should i mention Doomsday again? Dear God.... that ugly CGI.
>>
>>81008939
I want this to fail because it's shit. If it takes WB a decade to get their shit together and hire someone that's actually competent to direct an actually good movie about Batman and Superman so be it. Why do you want mediocre garbage to succeed so badly, OP?
>>
>>81012320
>JJ
>not godawful idiotic trash
Fuck off with your low standards.
>>
File: Why3.png (102KB, 591x671px) Image search: [Google]
Why3.png
102KB, 591x671px
I hate when Max says something I agree with.
>>
File: 1355731719280.jpg (44KB, 597x407px) Image search: [Google]
1355731719280.jpg
44KB, 597x407px
>>81009941
>Killing criminals
>Shit tier morals
Spotted the sheltered capecuck.
>>
>>81012378
Of course he's saying 5's aren't bad. Most of his shit is sitting in that range
>>
>>81012391
I think you missed the other 10 people who said that.
>>
>>81012378
Its pretty obvious he wouldn't like RT.
>>
>>81012378
Of course he'd be against it. Every movie of his gets shat on by RT
>>
File: image.jpg (420KB, 1200x1736px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
420KB, 1200x1736px
>>81012378
Oh shut up Max Landis. You are just Butthurt that your shitty movies don't have Fresh scores (while better movies that you hate like Staw War ep 7, Deadpool, and Thor 2 do). Kill yourself, Hipster Douche

RT is a credible website and never wrong.
>>
Anyone think it's funny Lego Batman is likely to have 90-ish score in RT?

We'll see when Lego Batman trailer is up today.
>>
>>81012340
>We have hodge podge of everything but a kitchen sink

Actually there's literally a scene where Batman hits Superman over the head with a kitchen sink, complete with a CLONK sound effect, I am not even remotely exaggerating here
>>
File: 1457575035435.gif (1010KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1457575035435.gif
1010KB, 420x420px
>>81012460
>RT is a credible website
>never wrong.
>>
>>81012460
Always right

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/superman_returns/
>>
>>81012460
>RT is never wrong
lmao what
>>
>>81012460
even his friends at red letter media said his movies are garbage
>>
>>81009405
>>81009033
Fucking hell I wish Warners waited for Affleck to finish Argo instead of going with Snyder's Man Of Steel.
>>
Some men just want to watch the world burn, the DC world to be more specific.
>>
>>81012542
Affleck could have starred as Superman again
>>
>>81008939
only shills like things Anon, you don't want to be a shill? do you?
>>
File: this is your brain on whoa.jpg (36KB, 610x342px) Image search: [Google]
this is your brain on whoa.jpg
36KB, 610x342px
>>81012108
>>
>>81012592
>/co/ has gone full red lantern and hates everything now
>>
>>81009198
What's wrong with Affleck as a person?
>>
I hate that Clark Kent is more brooding then Bruce Wayne, that Superman no longer represents hope, that he has to learn the value of life, which makes no sense, he's alive himself and values his own, why would he need to kill someone to go oh, I guess that's a bad thing? Maybe he should go molest a child next, just to be sure that's wrong too.

This needs to fail so Warner Brothers, Jim Lee and Dan DiDio get the message, that people want to see heroes, not broken people living in a hopeless, joyless world of equally broken dreams.

And, for the record, I am not a Marvel fanboy, I am a Superman fanboy and it's exceptionally disappointing to see him treated with so much disrespect.
>>
>>81012621
>/co/ has gone full red lantern and hates everything now
>now
Do you even know on which imageboard you are?
>>
>>81012015
Well they have to shit on Pa in order to have Clark's "Heavenly Father" give him those lessons. What a load of bullshit all that imagery.
>>
>>81012636
/co/ used to like things, a long time ago anon.
>>
File: 1458550102957.png (119KB, 225x227px) Image search: [Google]
1458550102957.png
119KB, 225x227px
>why are people hating on the movie when it's getting awful reviews?
>>
>>81009198
>first he failed as Red Batman
>now he fails as the real Batman
Who's ready for spooky egyptian god powered Moon Batman starring Ben Affleck to fail next?
>>
>>81012621

GOOD! What should I have, faggot. Hope!? HOPE FOR THIS SHIT BURN IT DOWN! BURN IT ALL DOWN!
>>
>>81012647
I remember when we didn't listen to reviews and everybody here loved green lantern.
>>
>>81012652
>9.0 on imdb is awful
>>
>>81008939

This movie doesn't have Batman or Superman in it. They may look vaguely like those characters. They may call them by those names. But it isn't them.

It's more like Bizarro Batman v. Bizarro Superman. Directed by Bizarro himself.
>>
>>81012671
>everybody here loved green lantern.
But Green Lantern was outright shit.
>>
>>81012542
They'd have been hit with a loss of earnings suit by the Siegel estate for stalling production of the reboot, and they'd also have tied it to a man they thought would make a lot of money - 50% of which, at the time, they would be obligated to pay direct to the Siegels.
>>
>>81012655
No obviously his next role will be Nemesis, edgy evil white Batman.
>>
>>81012652
>Listening to reviews
>Ever
>>
>>81012684
Nobody gives a shit about IMBD, though.
>>
>>81012684
>imdb

I'll take "What is less credible than Rotten Tomatoes" for 100 Alex.
>>
>>81012128
>>81012134
http://www.inquisitr.com/2812880/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-is-in-trouble-warner-bros-are-nervous-it-could-flop/

Which is a huge problem because it’s supposed to kick-start the studio’s new cinematic universe, which will includes films for Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, Shazam, Cyborg, Green Lantern, and The Flash. Insiders at HitFix have reported that if Batman v Superman is a box office flop, then they might change their entire plan for expanding their DC cinematic universe.

McWeeny explained, “My guess is what’s going to happen is based on what I’m hearing… is Justice League is going to get moved back and that Ben Affleck movie, that’s what’s going to end up in that spot. My guess is that they’re going to throw whatever money it takes at Ben Affleck to make that Batman film happen sooner rather than later.”

McWeeny has speculated that Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman will be released as planned, but that Warner Bros. will then have a long hard think about how to proceed regarding the other Justice League characters.
>>
>>81012687

No. Bizzaro Batman and Superman would be the greatest cape film ever made. I don't even know what this is. Injustice was more loyal to the characters than this
>>
>>81012710

Hasn't JL started production?
>>
>>81012687
>>81012729
Make it a different Earth. Relaunch Batman and Superman (again) and make the JL movie they're planning as the real earth with the new actors and then make a Crisis crossover.
>>
>>81012710

Batman written like utter fanfiction bullshit.

Quick let's throw more money at it and crank that dial. Question is will we be able to see the film through the pitch balck grit and will Kevin Smith be the directors writing partner?
>>
>>81012471
Really ironic isn't it? I've seen the movie, and i remember it. So there it is.
>>
>>81012714
Literally who?
>>
>>81012765

STOP anon. Just stop. It's already dead
>>
>>81012765
We're just going back to the aborted George Miler script then.
>>
>>81012709
>I only care what magazines and internet personalities tell me to like, not the average person
>>
>>81012791
>>81012799
Get Tom Welling, revive Heath Ledger, bring back Routh, call back George Clooney, ask out Lynda Carter, beg Ryan Reynolds. Hell! get the fuck out of Adam West in! It's not over!
>>
>>81012755
Just do like this one and shelve it for a year. Year more to work on it and people were still unimpressed by the CGI

>>81012765
The way Benny's face is looking I thought he'd appear as Clayface Batman next film.
>>
Why is it that Batman related media (the Nolan Dark Knight trilogy, the Dark Knight Returns) tends to have a horribly negative effect on media that comes after it?
>>
>>81012808
The average person LITERALLY COULD HAVE SEEN THE FILM yet.

People are spamming imdb with 10/10 ratings for a movie that THEY HAVE NOT SEEN.
>>
>>81011803
Nice shop.
I was actually avoiding /co/ because i was worried about potential leaks or spoilers leading up to this movie.
Now im gonna go see it in 7 hours and make up my own opinion about it instead of knee-jerking it with the rest of you drooling over review opinions.
Inb4 triggered by the word opinion
>>
>>81012841
Nolan made a deal with the Devil.
>>
>>81012861
*couldn't have seen
>>
>>81012831
Maybe a soft rebooted smallville would have worked better. Still has best live action lex and pa kent.
>>
>>81011803
10/10

This movie didn't Trank'd hard, it'll still make a shitton of Money, but not enough to make it a success.
>>
I literally haven't seen or read two reviews that can agree on what was bad/good about the movie
>Wonder Woman was awesome
>Wonder Woman was bad/passable
>The beginning was a mess
>The beginning was amazing
>Ben Affleck was perfect
>Ben Affleck was bad
>Jessie was great
>Jessie was shit
Well which fucking is it?
>>
File: 1458156247420.jpg (44KB, 600x465px) Image search: [Google]
1458156247420.jpg
44KB, 600x465px
Anyone else feel bad about this whole situation? I expected the movie to be as divisive as MoS and probably end up in the 60s on RT, but this seems ridiculous
>>
>>
>>81012903
I'll be back from the movies in 12 hours to tell you anon.
>>
>>81012914
>Anyone else feel bad about this whole situation?

The only person I really feel bad for is Henry Cavill

He doesn't deserve this
>>
>>81012921
Are reviews actually relevant anymore?
No one i talk to or have interacted with outside of 4chan has ever mentioned a movies merits or wether it's good or not based on the opinion of a reviewer.
>>
>>81012903
MoS divided normies to MoS apologists and Reeves nostalgia fags. BvS even more.

This is amazing sennpai
>>
There's no way it should be at 36%. Batman Forever has 41% for gods sake and there's no one that can seriously say BvS is worse than that.
>>
File: DARKNESS NO PARENTS.png (310KB, 622x494px) Image search: [Google]
DARKNESS NO PARENTS.png
310KB, 622x494px
>>81012903
It's a movie for no one, that manages to contradict itself, leaving everyone dissatisfied for different reasons.
BRAVO SNYDER
R
A
V
O

S
N
Y
D
E
R
>>
>>81012903
>Tinkle Time Luthor

Ever Great

Yea I'm gonna say those are especially full of shit.
>>
>>81012937
word of mouth and social media is more important now
>>
>>81012945
RT begs to differ

smugpepe
>>
>>81012953
Does Snyder have a pee fetish or something?
>>
>>81012945
Least that was Funny bad. This is just sad and depressing bad.
>>
>>81012914
No, I live to see shit like this. Superheroes are escapism, that's why Marvel gets money with their quips while DC and its allegories to Jesus fails.
>>
Say it with me!

Superman...ROCKS!
Superman...ROCKS!
>>
>>81012958
On that end i have not heard anything bad.
In fact, all the negativity i can find outside of RT is... well, /co/.
And given the fact that most of the userbase of this board is american, and the movie not premiering until friday for you yanks, then there is no basis for shitposting or having an opinion unless you literally can't think for yourself and just regurgitate the opinions of others.
>>
>>81012945
Jim Carrey's Riddler is way better than Lex Jewthor

Riddler came off like a legitimately creepy crazy person, while Eisenberg is a manchild with facial ticks who whines all the time and tricks people into drinking urine
>>
>>81012961
Not a clue. Still dumbfounded how Lex is so tonally shit in this.
>>
>>81008939
Zack Snyder, they put this guy in charge if DCEU is bad news and this movies just prove it right. They hire Terrio and Affleck to unfuck it but even them can't do much, now that this shit was considered critically failure, they have to rethink about their position which is a good thing.

I don't want DCEU to be another Transformers a box buster with shit plot.
>>
>>81012903
Batfag friends that I know unanimously agreed that Superman was the best character in the movie, but Cavill was outshined by Ben in terms of acting skill
>>
>>81013011
I think of Eisenberg's Luthor as the same as blogger Victor Domashev in Trankt4stic.
>>
>>81013024
Horrified that Warner Bros might look at that and say "we will take that." and just churn out trash.
>>
>>81012914
I feel mixed.

On the one hand, I would have rather had a good Batman/Superman movie to watch and fanboygasm all over.

On the other, maybe this is finally the end of the Zack Snyder experiment and we're another step closer to getting actual good DC movies.
>>
>>81013004
>you literally can't think for yourself and just regurgitate the opinions of others.
>i have not heard anything bad.
>>
File: 1424300119693.png (854KB, 600x887px) Image search: [Google]
1424300119693.png
854KB, 600x887px
>>81012914
If the movie makes bank and WB boots Snyder immediately afterwards i'll be fine with how this shitstorm turned out
>>
>>81013053
>>81013024
Since it's probably too late to get Snyder off JL part 1, they should definitely bring in someone else for JL 2. Seriously, he needs to get out.
>>
>>81013064
If it makes bank they won't kick Snyder.

We're going to have to take one for the team and boycott.
>>
It's barely Wed and everyone is already seeing this? Whatever happened to movies opening MIDNIGHT on the WEEKEND? Fucking hell.
>>
>>81012935
He's rich, he'll live
>>
>>81013100
well no shit. I guess that's why Michael Bitch keep coming out for those god fucking trash Transgenders movies.
>>
>>81013105
90% of the people in this thread haven't seen the movie yet, they're just shitposting based on RT scores. I saw it at the IMAX fan screening monday night
>>
Only full frontal nude Cavill will save this now..
>>
>>81013100
Hey Whedon got kicked off after Age of Quiptron even though that made loads of money, I can always dream Warner will do the same ;_;
>>
>in the future DC will try to make their movies more quippy
>they'll get money and critical acclaim
>they finally found their way
>Marvel goes all out in quips for their next movies
>it becomes a race to determine who is the quippest
>>
>>81013121
Yep he's laughed all the way to the bank about how people will watch that terrible bullshit.
>>
>>81012831
For a Crisis movie? It would be fitting because WB is in one hell of a crisis right now.

Actually yeah the best option might be to do it because Multiverse stuff is the only way DC can one-up the MCU right now.
>>
>>81013139
>Whedon got kicked off after Age of Quiptron
Didn't he want to leave after the meddling in that?
>>
>>81013037
NOW YOU'RE JUST MAKING ME EVEN MORE CONFUSED.

Most other people are saying Batman is the best and Superman is worse....what the fuck am I supposed to believe?
>>
>>81013024
>I don't want DCEU to be another Transformers a box buster with shit plot.
>>81013052
>Horrified that Warner Bros might look at that and say "we will take that." and just churn out trash.
Same train of thought here.

Do Not Want
>>
>>81008939
I wanted it to succeed more than anything, but it's getting worse reviews than fucking Batman Forever
I have no hope for it anymore though I am still gonna see it on Friday
>>
>>81013100
Nice try, kid.
>>
>>81013168
That was damage control to save face.
>>
>>81013154
What is Suicide Squad? What do I win Alex?
>>
>>81013024
>>81013052
WB will likely halt production of Justice League following the critical failure of Batman v Superman. This is the second time they trusted Snyder to build a cinematic DC universe and twice he failed. He's not getting a third shot.

http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard/batman-v-superman-could-dcs-entire-slate-be-in-jeopardy-fandemonium

Nothing sours a brand more than bad reviews and the DC superhero library is the only worthwhile brand WB has left, now that the Harry Potter films are done.
>>
>>81013189
You win the Quipper Bowl.
>>
>>81012384
Oh please. I'm fine with most cape characters killing but not Batman, Superman, Spider-Man and Daredevil (sometimes. If he does kill like in Born Again, I want him to feel real Catholic guilt).
>>
I really don't understand the drama. I mean the average rating is 5.3 or something. That is exactly average. Not too mention it's got like a 9 something on and the metacritic is mixed and not negative.

Literally one bad one and the rest are mixed on metacritic
>>
>>81013205
>following the critical failure of Batman v Superman.
If it makes a billion+ I don't think they'll give a shit about critical reception.
>>
File: 14568755451584.png (53KB, 635x358px) Image search: [Google]
14568755451584.png
53KB, 635x358px
Food for thought people. Zack Stentz, a guy known for the work he's done for two competing franchises (MCU and X-Men) believes that the deluge of negative reviews might possibly be from people who had already made up their minds before they had even seen the film.

When the fucking competition calls foul, doesn't that say something?
>>
>>81013053
You will get it only if they kick Zack Snyder out, BvS just prove this guy as the root of all evil that fuck DCEU over, kick him out and everything is good.

Also, put Geoff John in his place and don't let him mess with DCEU script, he fucked over GL movie if you guys already forgot.
>>
File: 1385740468247.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1385740468247.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>81013207
>yfw da skwaad wins da Quipper Owl
>>
File: 20160323_043130.jpg (75KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
20160323_043130.jpg
75KB, 640x480px
The twist that Batman becomes a new Joker was just way way too much.

Not my Batman.
>>
>>81013205
They're getting new Harry Potter stuff lined up. Probably in response to MoS failure and now they'll floor it to get the second series Potter verse going.
>>
>>81012384
There are plenty of movie and TV action heroes killing left and right if you want bad guys getting offed. Why do you have to taint superheroes too? To make them more relatable?
>>
File: 1420850875973.jpg (58KB, 567x447px) Image search: [Google]
1420850875973.jpg
58KB, 567x447px
>>81013126
Be honest, how was it? Better than MoS? A steaming pile of poo? Somewhere in the middle?
>>
>>81013231
Strangely, Roeper seemed to like it. I was more baffled by that.
>>
File: 1455153146152.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1455153146152.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
>>81013231
Eh it's not like DCfags can do anything about it. Disney wins again, Mahvel bias is real (insert shitposting here)
>>
>>81013219
The ratings aren't even over yet. The smart thing to do would be to check the critical consensus after a week. At the very least, watch the damn thing first and form your own opinion.

Personally? Almost everything these people are bitching about sounds positive to me. I LIKE that BvS is nothing like Marvel. That was the whole point for me. I like Marvel, but their films just don't have any weight, and they rarely every experiment with deeper subject matter. If BvS really is so much different, I say it should be getting praise. The whole genre was in need of some damned variety if you ask me,
>>
>>81013231
It's only a deluge because of the embargo. These folks already saw preview and press showings and just waiting to get it out.
>>
>>81013271

Richard Roeper has always been a muppet.
>>
File: 1452298649669.png (349KB, 1208x1194px) Image search: [Google]
1452298649669.png
349KB, 1208x1194px
>>81013186
Okay.
>>
>Once a colony of bats literally lifts Bruce Wayne up in the air as a Christ-like figure, you’re probably watching a movie that takes itself pretty seriously.
>>
>>81013288
There are complaints besides the marvel thing. Stop focusing on that. Also you don't get free points for being different unless your a hipster. You have to be different and entertaining.
>>
>>81013231
Well Man of Murder was literally divisive, with half completely hating it and calling it destruction porn and the other half loving it.

And remember the Mexicans who watched the movie and was spoiling it hery. They said if you didn't like MoS, you won't like BvS.

So it's not that surprising.
>>
File: 1456028975623-1.jpg (777KB, 1067x1408px) Image search: [Google]
1456028975623-1.jpg
777KB, 1067x1408px
>>81013265
I saw it Tuesday.
It was more Man Of Steel Snyder shit with some Batfleck and random Gadot WW action gilding it.

Though even they aren't all that great.

Affleck is just doing Miller's Dark Knight Returns which is now somehow the start of the JLA.
>>
>>81008939
Bad director and Bad Casting choices

reboot it pls
>>
File: 1458536183774.jpg (49KB, 450x640px) Image search: [Google]
1458536183774.jpg
49KB, 450x640px
I like Man of Steel and I may very well like this movie, but, even if this movie makes buck, he should not be allowed to full creative control again. He has a talent and I think WB should use it, but this is just intolerable.
>>
>>81013288
Yes, this genre needs a different tone and story but certainly not something like BvS. It's straight up bad, legit bad and I am not joking, this movie is bad news and if you want to build DCEU around it then prepare to get fuck over, IT IS that BAD.

This is from someone that hype this shit before.
>>
>>81013300
I usually make it a point to ignore early reviews with something as big as this. There's bound to be plenty of folks who will give negative reviews just for the sake of being controversial.

That, and these film critics tend to be English and lit majors who only review cape movies for their paychecks. They tend not to be familiar with modern comics, and thus carry many preconceived notions and stereotypes about them. As a result, they tend to look down on movies adapted from comics. I think Marvel only gets a pass because, in their minds, MCU movies embrace the inherent "silliness" of the genre.

Of course, all of this is just my thoughts on the subject. I could just as easily be flat wrong. But I'm waiting until I've seen the movie on Thursday before I pass final judgement.
>>
>>81012384
I don't give a fuck if Luke Cage decides to kill some mobsters, but make Spider-Man kill them and then I'll be mad.

This is the same. You can have Aquaman putting his trident in some asshole's chest because he was throwing chemicals into the ocean, but you can't have fucking Superman snapping necks on his fucking first appearance, throw them into the Shadow Realm or something, if you want them gone. Hell it would be a lot better if Zod was arrested and Lex moved his influences to get a hold of him and experiment on him alive to show how fucking psychotic he is.
>>
>>81013288
Buy anon, I'm getting real tired of these dark cape movies. Time for them to be lighthearted.
>>
>>81013325
We don't know if it's entertaining or not, because we haven't seen it. And dude, come on. Most of these reviews feature some variation on the "it's not Marvel, therefore it sucks" routine. The other common complaints contradict what we've heard from audiences, and in some cases contradict each other. Is it an overblown CGI shit fest, or a boring philosophical drama? These fuckers can't seem to make up their minds.
>>
File: choking on my own rage here.png (34KB, 125x173px) Image search: [Google]
choking on my own rage here.png
34KB, 125x173px
>>81013329
specifically 9/11 destruction porn

and this movie has more of that shit

it starts with it and ends with a rerun of it
>>
>>81013369
There hasn't been a truly dark cape movie since The Dark Knight. Arguably The Dark Knight Rises.
>>
>>81011815
Gone Girl the movie where women are bitches who lie to hurt because they secretly rule the world from their underground city? Fuck you, that film is terrible, the book is garbage.

You know what else? It's not just Daredevil. It's Gigli; it's Pearl Harbor, it's Shakespeare In Love, it's Bounce, Armageddon, it's a decade of phoned-in garbage and projects he made with his girlfriends because he's a cunt who doesn't know how to separate his personal from his professional life. This is the guy who made Good Will Hunting and wowed everybody when he was 25. Now he's 43 and it's painfully obvious that whatever talent he has, it isn't bad directors or scripts that kill it. It's him. He does this. He phones shit in instead of working hard and he coasts on his reputation, which was mostly built off the back of Kevin Smith films anyway. You seen any of them lately? They're so 90s they should only be available on VHS in a museum of the 90s to people who own a signed copy of "Two Princes" on double-a-side cassette. They didn't so much age like milk as rot like cheese.

Fuck that guy. Whatever talent he has clearly doesn't extend to reigning in his fanboy tendency.
>>
>>81013359
Unless you've seen it, you can't really say for certain whether it's bad or not.
>>
>>81013240
Johns was the one fucked by the GL movie. The script was fine before they were told to add Hot Wheels and shit.
>>
>>81013329
>do the same... but now with Batman in! I'm sure they won't know the difference
>>
>>81013329
The funny thing is that some of the "haterz" also seem to be MoS fans. IGN gave MoS a 9 and now a 6.8 to BvS (although maybe it's different reviewers?), another guy claimed the movie was a step back because it abandoned the realism that characterized the first movie
>>
>>81013366
Why can Aquaman kill but Superman and Batman can't? Leave the killing to Marvel.
>>
>>81013425
Everybody bitched about that aspect of Man of Steel, and now suddenly they enjoyed it? Fuck this noise.
>>
>>81013403
TDK was only dark on the surface anyway.
It's such a feel-good bullshit when you pay more attention.
>>
File: 1449528375327.gif (2MB, 348x323px) Image search: [Google]
1449528375327.gif
2MB, 348x323px
>>81013425
>IGN gave MoS a 9
>>
>>81010915
But it works and makes money.
>>
>>81013439
The people who said those two different things probably aren't the same people.
>>
>>81013409
Soo... Gone Girl has an 88 on RT, so i guess RT doesn't matter. Which means BvS must be pretty good since the audience reception so far has been pretty good.
>>
>>81013439
>a single guy
>everyone

lel
>>
>>81013427
Aquaman became pretty edgy to stop the "lol useless" bandwagon.
>>
>>81013409
I'll have to check it out. But I've seen some of his more recent stuff. He's okay but certainly no Peter Sellers
>>
>>81013409
>Gone Girl the movie where women are bitches who lie to hurt because they secretly rule the world from their underground city? Fuck you, that film is terrible, the book is garbage.

Haha what? That only applies to Amy. A major character in it is Nick's sister and she wasn't pretty great.
>>
>>81013442
Honestly, 'dark' has been turned into just another buzzword anyway. I'm sick of anything synonymous with "serious" being considered a dirty word when used in relation to comic book movies. Most of the negative BvS reviews I've been reading complain about it being 'self-serious'. Well what the fuck does that mean? If it means they aren't constantly giving the audience a wink and nudge, then by God, carry on. The whole reason I've been behind the DCEU this whole time is because I've been wanting something that's different from Marvel.
>>
>>81013409
>where women are bitches who lie to hurt
So, the most realistic portrayal of women?
>>
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Lxz3MEj8fPA

All the die hard comic fans and mainstream seems to love it to death.
Can we agree that the critics are just shills and that the rating is rigged?
>>
I want it to fail because they're only being made to catch up to marvel. They're not made for the sake of telling a story.
>>
>>81013454
I realize that. What I'm getting at is that there isn't any consistency here, which calls at least some of these reviews into question.
>>
>>81010821
Pretty much this.

I respect that Snyder had a specific artistic vision of Batman he wanted to put on screen. But the Miller Batman does NOT work in a constant cinematic universe. It works in a one shot movie that deals with the last grasp of a hero who had been on an edge for years, but kept it in check.

A worlds finest movie was a movie people really wanted. But we'll never get.
>>
How many people did dark Nolan Batman kill over 3 movies (besides Ra's debatably)?

Is Batfleck even edgier?
>>
Makes me wonder about the home release cut and how different it is from the cinematic cut. The attitudes towards the extended 3-4 hr Watchmen seemed more positive than the original.
>>
>36% on 55 reviews

It's ogre. There's no coming back from that.

So how close to Green Lantern do we think the scores are going to be?

>>81013369
Like Green Lantern.

>>81013231
Stentz is OK, but he's talking out of his ass if he's talking about the official reviews. If you actually read the reviews it's clear a lot of the grievances the reviewers had come directly from viewing the film.

If he's talking about people's blogs, sure, but who gives a shit.

>>81013205
They weren't really moving on it anyway. There's nothing they could do until WW finished and this current round of press and premieres was done.

Makes sense to hold off until you know how people are reacting.

>>81013230
It won't. You know that movie Green Lantern? $50m opening weekend in 2011; that's about as good as any movie could ask. Still died a death because nobody liked it.

This could make $120m this weekend like Man of Steel, but if it dies off as fast as MoS or GL, it's never going to break a billion. My feeling is somewhere around $800m, if it gets the strong weekend it's predicted for. If it doesn't... I don't know. $600m? It can't survive on that any more than Superman Returns could survive on what it made. Costs are too high.
>>
>>81013527
I would be more inclined to believe that if they hadn't gone through so much effort. They brought in an Oscar-winning writer and took a whole extra year to refine the film.
>>
>>81013527
They're basically Vegeta.
>>
>>81013518
>fanboys can't be objective about a shit film

color me surprised. these fucks care more about fanservice than whether a film is good owm on its own terms or not.
>>
>>81013205
>HitFix
Oh man how has McWeeny responded to this? Cause that motherfucker got completely shat on for saying it was gonna be shit and it turned out he was right
>>
>>81013534
From what I've heard, Batfleck doesn't even kill anybody directly outside of the Knightmare sequence. I think the movie operates on Arkham logic. Batman does shit that would probably be lethal IRL, but we're meant to just assume that nobody dies.

Personally, I'm fine with that. It's been like that in various forms of media for a while now.
>>
I'm glad BvS is shit.
As a comics fan, I'm pretty fucking tired of this dark and gritty 90s and early 2000s bullshit.
You know why Marvel wins? Because the movies are fucking fun.
You can't make Superman gritty and succeed. Learn this, WB
>>
>>81013565
>he was right

Says who? We haven't fucking seen it yet for starters, and the review period isn't even close to being finished. We aren't even one day into it.
>>
>>81013588
They aren't fun, they're stupid. I'm sick of all the jokes, I'm sick of the subtle disrespect for the source material, and I'm sick of there being no stakes or consequences.
>>
>>81009033
>>81009198
>>81011815
>>81013409
Out of all the problem BvS have Ben Affleck is not one of them.
>>
>>81013578
He wrecks cars with people inside them but no bodies are shown so it doesn't count, and the tie-in books say all his methods are nonlethal, but critics didn't get the memo. And frankly why should they.
>>
>>81013604
>being no stakes or consequences.
>CW is literally about the stakes and consequences of past actions
>>
>>81013518
Fanboys gonna fanboy

There was this video someone posted yesterday where a guy goes "when the knightmare came out of nowhere it was confusing and made no sense, BUT THEN FLASH SHOWS UP EHRMAGHED I LOVE IT"
>>
>>81013604
>I'm sick of the subtle disrespect for the source material

Then you'll love BvS's completely bald disrespect for the source material
>>
>>81012018
Honestly they should have just left with Superman and Batman having a small spat then working together to stop a new threat with Luther teaming up with a Batman villain. The whole trying to squeeze every JL character they can into 1-3 films and having the huge Batman suit/Superman fight first kinda spoils it.
>>
>>81008939
Fail is the wrong word. And perhaps what type of fail.

Did I hate the hubris that so many DC fans seem to have? Well, of course. I do remember a time when DC made the big movies in the 90s, and WB/DC was the untouchable studio. Disney had to make good cartoons, and Marvel tried their best at making comics, but they couldn't take down WB/DC. I kind of hated how places like Cinemasins claimed that "anyone would watch any Batman & Superman movie, even a crappy one", and how HISHE has a clear DC bias, as reflected by their superhero movie shorts. And msot of all, I ahte the DC poster son /tv/, and how they kept spamming the "capekino"meme and "marvel on suicidewatch" meme.

But.

BUT

I don't want BvS to fail.

I don't think there should only be Marvel movies. Or rather, only Marvel movies and Fox Marvel movies. We need competition. Even Marvel themselves know the importance of having a distinguished competition. A good DC movie would embolden Marvel to look at themselves, and be careful with the choices they make. Its why the Avengers, for all its goodness, had the death of Coulson, and SML Jackson saying "Its an old fashioned idea". Its a powerful scene, but, a scene that would have nto worked as well for me, if I had not seen Watchmen and the Dark Knight previously.

I want DC to make a good movie, so that Marvel can keep making good movies. Otherwise we'll go into a kind of dark age genres like real tiem strategy games are in - where the only big game is Starcraft 2, and nothing else. And its so bland.

So no, I do want BvS to succeed. I want its fans to watch the movie no matter what. And I hope that DC will learn from tis mistakes, and make a better movie.

But I still reject anyone, who dares to say DC will end Marvel. This company war BS has to stop.
>>
>>81013645
>dat gang fight in an airport strip
Oscar material here, I tell you.
>>
>>81013685
Better than going through the death and rebirth of Superman in like 20 minutes
>>
>>81013667
Unless BvS makes a Gorillion dollars and Suicide gets amazing reviews, there really isn't a good foreseeable future where both companies try to do their best. Instead Marvel and Fox will continue until the market saturates and we end up in the dark ages like before.

I honestly can't blame DCfags for their hubris, they finally had a ray of hope after being shitposted to death for 8 years and now it comes crashing down
>>
>>81013667
>capekino
What the hell is this? I've seen it pop up in these BvS threads today, but I've never heard it before. Some /tv/ meme? Base on some bait image, I think it's supposed to be good?
>>
File: 4155686484645.png (139KB, 625x446px) Image search: [Google]
4155686484645.png
139KB, 625x446px
Fuck these so-called critics
>>
>>81013705
/tv/ meme of course.
>>
>>81013612
Because their entire fucking job revolves around making fair and informed judgments about films?
>>
>>81013708
What the fuck does "self-seriousness" mean? It seems like every review I've read today contains that phrase among its list of complaints.
>>
>>81013612
The tie-in books don't matter. Everything important should be in the movie.
>>
>>81013708
>people have forgotten what Oscar Actor bait is
This is easy as shit. It's when you obviously higher a bunch of big name actors to bloat up your movie's image, but they're not adding anything but their name to the movie itself. This shit happens all the time. It's an important part of Oscar Bait, though I doubt "Oscar Bait" is what's going on here. The principle is the same, though: market actor's names to market the movie.
>>
>>81008939
I didn't want it to fail but I knew it would because the people behind the camera are varying degrees of awful and some of the casting decisions were absolutely retarded.

I'd like to believe that this is a warning to Warner Bros. that they can't keep putting out shit tier movies if they want to create a successful cinematic universe to compete with Marvel, but as long as they get their shekels they're going to continue to put out steaming turds.
>>
>>81013708
>there's totally no anti-DC bias
The movie may not have lived upto expectations but there's no fucking way it's as bad as some of these critics are making it out to be.
>Worse than Attack of Clones
>Worse than Batman Forever
I refuse to believe that.
>>
So, how many of you are going full tinfoil and actually think Disney bribed or threatened some of those ''''''''''critics''''''''.
>>
Despite these damning reviews, there's no doubt the usual group of corporate-fellating fanboy idiots will still convince themselves that it's good and that they love it and will jump down anyone's throat who says otherwise.
>>
>>81013748
It's legit awful

It's even worse than the trailer would have you believe
>>
>>81013748

I can totally buy that it's worse than Batman Forever. Forever is bad, but it's not much worse than Man of Steel.
>>
>>81013741
They brought in two Oscar winners to play one of the lead roles and his main support character (Affleck and Irons), and another to retool the script. What you just described is clearly not what took place here.
>>
>>81013750

Please. Autistic manchildren on 4chan would never do such a thing.
>>
>>81013748
This is the problem with numerical reviews: there's no actual standard for connecting numbers to the meat of the review. None of these reviewers would honestly say it's worse than those films (except the obvious clickbaiters), but the aggregate of the reviews places its current numerical score below those movies.
>>
>>81013518
How does someone with such filthy skin have the chutzpa to put his face out there like that?
>>
>>81013770
>and Goyer are hacks
But they already did, all we need is Snyder to join him
>>
>>81013779
>None of these reviewers would honestly say it's worse than those films

I would
>>
>>81013750
While it isn't impossible, it certainly seems improbable. Plus, one reviewer who I trust to review movies accurately says it's shit so I believe it.
>>
File: 1456634728627.jpg (1MB, 456x2608px) Image search: [Google]
1456634728627.jpg
1MB, 456x2608px
>>81013750
There was a legit shill smear campaign going on for a while. At this point, nothing would surprise me. More likely though, it's just people who refuse to come out of their comfort zones and give a chance to something that isn't Marvel.
>>
>>81013770
>Yes, I'm a shitposter. And I hold it as my pride!
>>
>>81013759

Have you seen it? What scene stand out as the worse?
>>
>>81013750
When it's 1 of every 3 enjoying the movie. Not likely. Disney might be rich as fuck, but just read the reviews. Lex Luthor pissing in a cup, shoehorning justice league, convoluted plot. It just makes sense. The only people that had good things to say are die hard fans who pretty much decided that it was their favorite movie before even seeing it.
>>
>>81013791
There are plenty of trusted reviewers saying the exact opposite too. And audience reactions so far have been mostly positive in any case, so it's not like it really matters one way or the other.
>>
>>81013720
Yeah, but what's it mean? Related to this:
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kino_%28movement%29
Is it literally just some bullshit way to you think some movie is good in the same stupid way people use the film-flick thing?
>>
>>81013814
> The only people that had good things to say are die hard fans who pretty much decided that it was their favorite movie before even seeing it.

Sounds like another Man of Steel/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles situation.
>>
The thing is... other than Goyer and Snyder, what other comicbook guy there is in checking these movies?

I actually think that pulling Goyer out was a mistake. I blame this on Terrio. I'm not David, by the way.
>>
>>81013750
I don't think Disney had to do a damn thing. People want to hate DC all on their own.
Maybe it's not even just DC. Maybe they want to hate superhero stuff in general now. I don't know.
I also think people were always going to be hard on BvS. Whether it's bad or good.
>>
It really becomes apparent of the ridiculous company wars when everything DC fans have been asking for are either major parts of the MCU or completely missing from MoS/BvS.

You want an accurate character depiction of Supes/Batman or Lex? You aren't going to get that here. You want bright fun-loving superheroes? You aren't going to get that here. You want a movie that can stand alone and isn't going to get bogged down by Thor-In-A-Pool scenes? You aren't going to get that here.
>>
>>81013836
Yes, /tv/ always has threads about random shitty movies asking if they were kino. Some anon decided to have fun with it and started calling BvS kino clearly poking fun at it.

It caught on. And worst of all, people didn't realise it was taking the piss out of the movie
>>
>>81013840

Man of Steel is good. Not great, but good. It's a good flawed film. Despite BvS being bad i'll stand my ground for MoS.
>>
>>81013814
You know, I think that after I see the movie on Thursday, I'm going to start a thread here and post my thoughts on the movie, after a synopsis of course. More specifically, I'm going to address each of the most common complaints in these negative reviews, one by one. This huge disparity between audience reactions and critical reactions has made me suspicious, so maybe a pedestrian observer's input is called for.

At the very least, should help me kill time if there's nothing to do.
>>
Tomorrow, boys.

These critics are putting me down, I have been waiting for this movie for three years. I believe most of us did.
I refuse to believe that it's so bad that it's on the same tier as Jack n Jill.
>>
>>81013799
Can you really be sure? Nowadays everyone copy pastes everything "cool" in social media. How do you differentiate between a bot and a literal non-sentient copy pasting humanoid?
>>
>>81013851
Not yet comrade we still need a GOOD DC film so we can get a proper company shitposting war
>>
>>81013851
This.

Somehow Marvel is always the excuse of why everything in the DCEU fails.
>>
>>81013854
And then everyone learned their lesson and never ironically shitposted again
>>
I legitimately refuse to believe any movie can be good if they have a scene about a person getting people to drink their piss in it.

But hopefully that scene isn't actually in the movie.
>>
What's so bad about Batman Forever?
It didn't feel that much worse than Burton's films.
Now Batman and Robin is just complete dogshit that's so boring, you can't even defend it because it's campy.
>>
File: space dildos.gif (3MB, 720x302px) Image search: [Google]
space dildos.gif
3MB, 720x302px
>>81013812
>What scene stand out as the worse?

Hard to say

There's the part where Lex Luthor tricks a senator into drinking urine, right before he blows her up with a wheelchair bomb

There's also the scene where Superman has a flash back to Pa Kent talking about drowning horses

There's the scene where Batman literally hits Superman over the head with a kitchen sink, complete with a sound effect

Or how about when Batman kills people pretty brutally, and almost kills Supes with a spear made from Kryptonite, but spares his life when he learns that Supes' mother has the same name that his mom had

Honestly the movie is a complete cluster fuck of bad pacing, and scenes that are basically Space Dildo-caliber silly
>>
>>81013901
>someone will read this post
>and still be in denial about the movie
>>
>>81013872
The niggers over at Reddit went into this in detail, but I've honestly forgotten most of what was said. Suffice to say, it was determined that these accounts were most likely created for the sole purpose of spreading that message. However, it was also determined, by virtue of the rather basic nature of the whole thing, that it likely wasn't something that was orchestrated by anyone professional. More likely just a butthurt fanboy with some programming skills.
>>
>>81013869
Do as you wish. The fan reaction vs critic reaction should not surprise you.

For fans, just seeing Batman makes a movie 10/10. Seeing him fighting Superman and winning makes it 11/10. They ignore some things because of the cool visuals and superheroes.

Critics don't give a fuck. In fact, they hold Batman at a higher level since TDK. If they see something that isn't as though provoking, it is instantly worse than Nolan's Batman. Hell, they might have even compared TDK and BvS to decide on the score, no wonder it's so low.

It surprises me how tinfoily and conspiracy theorists people here are. There were many signs that this movie might just not be that good, and when the time comes, you look at any and every third party to blame. This is WB, Snyder, and DC's fault.

If anything, I give you that it isn't the actor's fault. They were just given a shitty plate.
>>
>>81013901

Have you really seen the movie or are you just copypasting the same thing people have been posting about movie over and over again?

Because the senator didn't drink the piss, if that ever was piss.
>>
>>81013920
>detailed analysis concludes the obvious
I mean, I guess it's nice to check your work, but still.
>>
>>81013846

There is no conspiracy. We just had 3 critically-praised Batman movies. And it's not an anti-superhero thing. Deadpool just came out to rave reviews.

Zack Snyder just fucking sucks. He has never made a good movie. Even his best film (Dawn of the Dead) is middling at best. He's trash. Straight-up. And the sooner WB figures this out the better off we'll all be.
>>
>>81013840
That and lets face it, DC has been in a tightrope since Green Lantern, and they just keep stumbling instead of getting their shit together. Any attempt will be seen as amazing by fans in denial since they don't want to see DC fail.

Happened with MoS, is happening now.
>>
File: 1458719702121.png (33KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1458719702121.png
33KB, 321x322px
>>81013932
Remember when it was revealed that Affleck was actively rewriting tiny stuff in the script? It just makes me wonder how much worse it would have been had he not been backseat Bat-Directing.
>>
>>81013893
I have seen 3 different sources. He does, in fact, piss in a cup for someone to drink.

Who knows if someone does drink the cup though.
>>
>>81013888
>Rabid Mahvel fans shitpost DCfags for 4 years
>act surprised when they have a persecution complex towards Marvel
Wew lad
>>
>the guy who made 300, Sucker Punch, and Legend of the Guardians made yet another mediocre movie
literally why is this surprising to anyone?
>>
>>81013968

>Happened with MoS, is happening now.

MoS was good. Stop with this shit.
>>
>>81013901
>a sociopath doing petty, childish things to other people, as sociopaths are wont to do

>a metaphor for the complex nature of the world and of right and wrong (good job telling the full story there anon)

>a visual gag that also serves to illustrate the desperation of a man fighting a living god

>Arkham "lethal-shit-isn't-lethal-just-roll-with-it" logic that people really should be accustomed to by now; Batman doing something that Batman would do (i.e. Finally seeing reason only after being hit square in the face with the truth and seeing past his own paranoia, the truth being that he and Superman are more alike than he'd care to admit)

Yeah, not seeing any problems here. Of course, if you go out of your way to make something shit, well, there you go. It's not very honest, but I guess you don't care about that.
>>
>>81013976
I guess very.

If they let Affleck write, I am guessing he mostly changed Batman stuff, and we keep hearing they are the best parts, so. No surprise the.
>>
>>81013989
MoS was, at best, passable

You legitimately don't think that a much much better Superman movie could have been made in someone else's hands? Why would you want to support such a middling depiction of Superman?
>>
>>81013989

Don't act surprised. Tons of people hated that movie. Roughly half the people who saw it hated it. You should be used to it getting shit on by now.
>>
>>81013932
But we haven't seen the fucking thing yet. Until we have, I'm supposed to take it on faith that every single one of these people is on the up and up?
>>
File: isn't.out.yet..jpg (84KB, 802x437px) Image search: [Google]
isn't.out.yet..jpg
84KB, 802x437px
>>81014015
>>
>>81013979
There was no shitposting against DC until Avengers.

At least not here. everything was hype and speculation. And at that time, DC still had TDK.

The shitposting was mostly because DC wouldn't get their shit together and make their own universe. Then the all out war started when the "Step aside MCU" post came.

Now that DC is failing tremendously, it's obvious DC shitposters are going to feel victimized.
>>
>>81014009

Of course i think, but i still find MoS good. Not passable. Good. It has it's flaws but i still like it very much.
>>
Cancel all the upcoming movies, bring back the pre-52 and bring back Timm and Dini to make new episodes of Batman and Justice League.

Make DC great again!
>>
File: 1458458521205.jpg (96KB, 615x643px) Image search: [Google]
1458458521205.jpg
96KB, 615x643px
>>81014002
My favorite part about that is how "sad" the guy was when they found out.
>The writers did an EXCELLENT job writing it, so it's worrying that he's doing that.

With how much of an actual nerd Mr. A'fflecki is, that both busts my sides and just tells me I should've have seen this kind of quality coming.
>>
>>81014015
I see your point, you value your opinion above these guys. But don't be surprised when after the initial hype and seeing some parts that stuck with you, that you realize they were not completely wrong.

It's not like the movie will suddenly become good the moment you see it.

Hardly is a badly rated movie amazing or a good movie found terrible. Maybe some people will think it's okay, but you are really hoping in vain. Lower your expectations and I assure you, you'll be happier.
>>
I can't see how anyone can throw shade at DC fans right now. If you don't feel at least a little bit sorry for them, you have no heart.
>>
>>81012937
>Are reviews actually relevant anymore?
Reviews are the only reason After Earth did not become a major success like it was looking like it would be after the first weekend.

Reviews are also what put more butts in seats for Deadpool and what took butts out of those seats for Fant4stic
>>
How do we collectively let Zach, Ben, and Henry know that no matter what it's not their fault. It's alarming how senseless critics are about capeshit. They're fucking smug bullies making money contributing NOTHING. Fucking smug cunts. If you hate the average anon I hope you fucking despise critics to your very soul.
>>
>>81014057
I can support this.
>>
>>81014098
>let Snyder know that it wasn't his fault
why are you defending shit directors

literally for what purpose
>>
>>81014098
>not Snyder's fault
But it is
>>
So if this movie wasn't made for critics or people who love movies and it wasn't made for comic fans or DC fans...just who WAS it made for?
>>
>>81014090
It pains me that if DC doesn't change their strategy ASAP, we'll be stuck with mediocre movies with an unfitting tone for a good 2-4 years.

That, and they might start being more restrictive with the tv shows that are better than these movies, like they did with some Arrow stuff.

but hey, there is always Suicide Squad. Maybe DC should just mix it up a bit and make all their movies about the villains.
>>
>>81012937
Younger people at least see some youtube videos or the RT score.

That and worth of mouth are what mostly affect movies.

The first weekend is kinda set in stone though.
>>
>>81014125

Bayformers fans.
>>
>>81014131

But what would you change? Doing a reversal and adding more quips and humor to the next movies won't help at all. Then critics will acuse WB of ripping off Marvel or FOX.
>>
>>81014125
For faceless Batman fans with money, that's who.
>>
>>81014035
>there was no shitposting against dc
>what is green lantern
>ignoring man of murder posting which still goes onto this day
>ignoring baneposting which still goes onto this day
Wew
>>
I don't want it to fail, I just don't want Snyder directing anything
>>
>>81014125
I think it was made for both of those people it's just that

a) the people making these movies are talentless hacks, and
b) have absolutely no fucking clue what fans actually want
>>
>>81014171
>what is green lantern
a horrible movie panned by everyone including a majority of DC fans?
>>
>>81014124
>>81014120
I think he's making a joke about how people say shit like "let know the muslims and refugees this is not their fault". Real fucking deep.
>>
So was Drew McWeeny right then?
>>
>>81014179

I find hilarious how /co/ shield Geoff Johns from that movie's failure.
>>
>>81014161
Iono, get a competent director on the movie that can make a movie that is as serious as The Dark Knight and actually good?

You do remember The Dark Knight right? That one movie that was universally praised by everyone and didn't have a lot of quips in it?
>>
>>81014179
So easy shitposting material to use against DCfags, thanks for proving my point
>>
>>81014125
For catching up with Marvel.
>>
At what point did DC Comics become SEGA?
>>
>>81014171
>baneposting is shitposting against DC
baneposting has transcended all intentionality, anon. It exists only to exists. A conditioned reaction in the posting population to reflexively respond a coded phrase, as if it were the set up to a joke, with the punchline.
>>
>>81014090
I feel the same way about DC fans that I felt about F4 fans

I feel bad but come on son, you knew this was coming
>>
>>81014171
Baneposting was a /tv/ thing.
>>
>>81014161
Don't add quips and humor but stop the fucking depressing tone.

This movies are about superheroes, have them be heroic. That is fucking all.

From MoS and what I've read of BvS, the moments when you think "Fuck yeah, this guy is a hero" are almost non-existent.

Besides, the X-men movies sans Deadpool have been pretty serious and had little humor. It's only certain Marvel movies overplaying the humor, and they shouldn't try to go for that level anyways.
>>
>>81014125
>just who WAS it made for?
Snyder

I mean it was made for comic fans but it was made for the comic fan that would agree with Snyder
>>
>>81014215
Yes it may have transcended but it's origins are still based on /tv/ shitpostings of old
>>
>>81014197

Don't you think that critics will accept it? For example James Wan's Aquaman. I can't see that movie doing or even being made at all.
>>
>>81014209
Since the 60s.
>>
>>81014215
You're a deep guy.
>>
>>81014216
>F4 fans
For most FF 'fans" that isn't their main horse, though.
>>
>>81014161
Nobody's fucking saying to add more quips and humor. Look at all the Batman movies that were critical darlings when they came out. You can be somber as much as you want but have these characters be actual superheroes and not have a bunch of pretentious cinemetographers
>>
Zack Snyder must be 13-years old, mentally. Even his interviews come off like he's immature and unable to carry himself like a grown man.
>>
>>81014217
Yes which came to every board on 4chan which includes /co/
>>
>>81014171
It's very different when there's general shitposting than where there is explicit Marvel vs DC shitposting.

Green Lanter was shitposting a bad movie. MoS was shitposting because DC fans wouldn't shut up about it being a good movie, and baneposting has almost nothing to do with DC. It's just part of /tv/ and Bane as a character now.

wew lad, stop feeling victimized.
>>
>>81014090
Maybe they shouldn't be so annoying about their love for an inferior comic company.
>>
>>81014260
When that happened it had stopped being shitposting against DC though.
>>
If it weren't for the Marvel films, Warner wouldn't even care to make these movies. From the very beginning it's all felt very reactionary. And they seem to have an attitude of not even wanting to make them. There's no love or care in any of it. Just businessmen who know nothing about comic books making stupid decisions and caring more about action figure sales than audience and critic's reactions.
>>
>>81014266
The sad part is the movie department makes the comics department look bad.

You could make a world survey right now, and Batman aside, everyone else would rather read Marvel. Just because of the movies. And lately, most of their stuff has been pretty meh.
>>
>>81014229
They didn't even do it to shit on DC to begin with, but just to make fun of an awkward part of a movie that they blew out of proportion for comedy. Like the "Save me Tony!" jokes from when TWS was coming out. The only difference is baneposting transcended it's circumstances and became a free floating meme.

>>81014236
for there is no you, nor I, only the infinite oneness of existence
>>
>>81014263
>n-none of that shitposting was EVER directed at DC
So you're telling me literally none of that shitposting ever had to do with company wars ever in the history of /co/? OK.
>>
>>81014294
The problem is that instead of taking advantage of it, they felt the need to top and beat them with grimdark.
>>
>>81014294
You can actually see the difference when it comes to tv shows. In the tv shows, at least some comic people are involved
>>
File: 1419947140342.png (10KB, 514x514px) Image search: [Google]
1419947140342.png
10KB, 514x514px
So is it good or not?
>>
>>81014333

>In the tv shows, at least some comic people are involved

The TV shows suck.
>>
>>81014335
Watch it and form an opinion yourself, faggot.
>>
>>81014309
You don't even need a survey. Wasn't DC's like last month's top ten selling issues on comixology literally just ten bat-related titles?
>>
>>81014316
Not most of it.

Ok.
>>
>>81014090
I'm not even a DC fan (I liked the animated shows, that's it) and I legit feel bad right now. This goes beyond schadenfreude. They've been shit on for years. And not just by Marvel fans, by the company they care about. And it sucks to see, honestly. I take no pleasure in this.
>>
>>81014343
>support a bad movie first
how about you don't do this and actually get DC to stop giving their films to Snyder?
>>
>>81014342
Arrow, Supergirl and Agents of Shield do suck. Daredevil, Agent Carter and Flash are good. Jessica Jones was meh. I haven't seen the other ones..
>>
>>81014335
Throw a die. If it comes 1 or 2, you'll kinda like it but it's meh. If not, you'll hate it.

That is what RT is saying right now.
>>
>>81014359

If this movie bombs, there won't be no more movies. If this bombs they halt everything and maybe in a few years you'll receive a new Batman reboot from some new director looking to do his own thing.
>>
>>81014348
I believe the people at DC care, it's just that they have an albatross of a meddling parent company that won't stop fucking with them.
>>
>>81014346
I bet. That and you can take a list of titles of both companies right now. Most of Marvel is Avenger themed, most of DC is Batman themed.

It has been for a while. These companies don't make comic book heroes with movies anymore, they make movie superheroes with comics.
>>
>>81014360

The only one good there is Daredevil and not by much.
>>
>>81014359
I'm only riding the wagon because it's 4 am and I'm bored.
I'm not gonna base my personal opinion of the movie on the shit someone else says, since taste it's totally subjective and I don't believe in ''''''''''''''''''professional'''''''''''''''''' critics. I form my opinions after I watch and judge the thing. This stupid threads are only good to shitpost, like sales threads in /a/.

I am a firm believer of My taste > Your taste. And you need to be a retard to stop liking something or killing your hype just because someone else didn't like it.
>>
Dear Warner, please hire actual comic book people to oversee your comic book movies.

Sincerely, Comic book fans everywhere
>>
>>81014381
Lets just hope those Harry Potter spin-off comes out soon enough so WB stops meddling with DC and expecting them to be their next cash cow.
>>
>>81010836
the dark knight trilogy is only loved by critics because nolan directed it, the critics fucking love him. snyder? not so much. and imo the dark knight rises was garbage and still got a 87%
>>
>>81014451
Just think in an alternate universe George Miller made the Justice League
>>
>>81014478
one can dream anon
>>
>>81014381
If the people at DC "cared", they wouldn't have cursed us with the New 52.
>>
>>81014478
Just think in an alternate universe Zack Snyder won an Oscar for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
>>
>>81014493
In an alternate universe, Oscar won a Batman for his movie "Zack"

what's your point?
>>
>>81014493
I think being a hack is a universal constant
>>
>>81014519
Only for the really special people in the Multiverse
>>
>>81014492

The New 52 was absolutely 100% a corporate mandated decision brought upon by Warner. It only exists to harvest ideas for any future plans for a DC Cinematic universe. It always was, since the beginning.
>>
>>81010736
He's batman.
>>
>>81011212
>too many metaphors
>they don't even know what they're saying

Anon, just because you don't understand entry level metaphors doesn't mean the person using them doesn't.
>>
>>81011193
I honestly don't see how winter soldier was pretentious.
DoFP? Yes
Iron man 3? Yes
AoU? Yes.
>>
>>81011259
Roger Moore confirmed best bond
>>
>>81008939
Because the DC fans have gotten way too obnoxious and need to be knocked down a few pegs.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 320x297px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 320x297px
>>81012471
>literally even the kitchen sink
>>
>>81013168
No, the studio considered it a failure and gave him the boot

He turned heel and started talking about how he totally didn't even want to work with marvel anymore anyway. Most likely to save face.

God that movie was a shit show.
>>
>>81013612
Because if you need to read a tie in book to understand something in the movie, you're fucking up the movie.
Thread posts: 604
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.