[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there will never be a Superman movie as well received as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

File: images.jpg (89KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
89KB, 720x1080px
>there will never be a Superman movie as well received as the fucking DEADPOOL MOVIE

Are we living in the end times?
>>
>>80999966
I'm pretty sure Superman, was well received
>>
>>80999966
We're living in Bizarro World

Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant Man are better received movie headliners than Batman and Superman.
>>
The Deadpool movie was well-done. What do you expect?
>>
>>80999966
>quad, doubles
>>81000312 is right, but at the same time, it is kid of amazing that WB/DC is having such a hard time doing this.
What's the problem? Are they just overthinking everything? Trying too hard?
>>
>>80999966
Superman is a shitty boring awful character.

Why are people continually surprised that no one likes him?
>>
>>81000361
the people only want quips
>>
>>81000450
No, it's that Zack is an awful director

The Donner films were received well because they had a proper directing style that had mass appeal
>>
>>81000361
How do you try to hard to make a movie?

Should they just give Kevin Smith a 100 million and walk away and see what he does with it?
>>
>>81000450
>Superman is a shitty boring awful character.
I'm going to be angry at you through my computer now.
>>
>>81000361
The problem is Batman. WB's entire strategy is to Batwank whenever there's even a slight hiccup.
>>
>>81000482
Then why was the Dark Knight trilogy so successful and lauded?
>>
>>81000361
Instead of doing stuff slow and proper, they overreacted to Marvel's success and rushed ahead and to compound the mistakes they put Synder in charge of their vison
>>
>>81000482
>damage control
>>
Deadpool
>>Budget $58 million
>>Box office $731 million

Man of Steel
>>Budget $225 million
>>Box office $668 million
>>
>>81000526
they were before the rise of Disney's Avengers

>>81000557
I wonder how that tv show will turn out?
>>
File: WF289-HandNGlove.jpg (69KB, 500x409px) Image search: [Google]
WF289-HandNGlove.jpg
69KB, 500x409px
Ive said this before in deadpool threads, but I feel like I am really missing out. Like everyone is shitting their pants over this movie, I see it on release night and everyone is crying laughing every 4 seconds and I just didnt like it
only about 4-5 weres chucklable to me, and I just felt uncomfortable
I wish I could like this shit but I just dont see it
>>
>>81000551
This.

Instead of taking time, building it up piece by piece and gaining hype earned, they said "We need the heavy hitters on screen RIGHT NOW. Also Doomsday because RIGHT NOW"
>>
>>81000571
Yeah, but WB/DC probably made more money off of all the product placement.
Remember SEARS and IHOP?
>>
>i dont like this movie
>im sure every one else will have the same opinion

fucking kids
>>
File: 21039821094.jpg (15KB, 324x291px) Image search: [Google]
21039821094.jpg
15KB, 324x291px
How can you even make a movie which has Batman and Superman fighting each other that professional critics consider to be worse than Thor 2?
>>
>>81000526

TDK was released before RDJ showed up with his quips.
>>
>>80999966
Maybe because Superman is a Gary Stu fuck that is best kept as a symbol and not an actual character?
>>
>>80999966
deadpool was fucking shit though
>>
>>81000551
It's been 3 years how much longer should this have taken?
>>
>>81000597
I wish instead of a Batman vs Superman movie we would have gotten a World's Finest film instead. You can even have them fight for a little, but at the end of the day they're both heroes working for the good of the people.
They'd get over it, shake hands, and then get to work stopping Lex or whoever.
Why did they need to spend so much focus on the fighting?
>>
>>81000637
Snyder finds a way
>>
>>81000599
So we should have gotten a Perry White movie?
>>
>>81000599
I dunno, DC had that stretch of B/C list cape films that were really bad.
I can see the logic behind getting Superman and Batman back in the forefront. But I agree that they didn't think things out well enough, and now this whole situation is half baked.
>>
>>81000692
according to the reviews the fight doesn't happen to the third act and then basically the lex stuff happens so what are you talking about?
>>
>>81000791
>I dunno, DC had that stretch of B/C list cape films that were really bad.
I think that's mainly due to incompetence more than anything
>>
>>81000599
because Green Lantern and Jonah Hex worked so well.
>>
>>81000838
>>81000829
>>
>>81000518
Go away Waid.
>>
>>81000808
It's not about the ACTUAL fight, it's about the tone it sets for the movie and the expectations of the people going to see it. Superman and Batman just being cagey with each other and then eventually getting tricked into fighting by Lex, probably?
Like, they should be best friends. Why have them fight at all?
The movie is literally named after the fight, even if it was built up perfectly, it's not what I want to see out of a Batman and Superman movie. Maybe the ending will be more in line with what I want. I don't know.
>>
File: retro feel.png (32KB, 533x685px) Image search: [Google]
retro feel.png
32KB, 533x685px
>>81000838
>Parallax as the origin story villain

Why? Sinestro, the Manhunters, one of his stupid earth villains anybody but Parallax, that SOB is needed to be built up.

It seems like WB only knows how to do Batman (most of the time)
>>
File: 3.jpg (29KB, 314x263px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
29KB, 314x263px
Apparently a lot of the conflict in the movie is around some misunderstandings so so much for that whole "challenge of ideals" people were spouting earlier

Like holy shit at least Deadpool is about a guy who wants to kill a dude and get his life back
>>
>>81000992
Assuming the accounts are accurate I think a part of the problem is that the whole challenge of ideals thing gets muddied by the fact that Luthor tricks Bruce into the conflict pretty much every step of the way so they aren't even necessarily Batman's ideals.
>>
>>81000619

MoS made 42 million $ of profit.
>>
>>81000985
Nolan is a great director, don't mix his 2 good movies (and his only reakky bad movie) with WB shit
>>81000838
They should have better directors for those: Martin Cambell did only 2 good movies, while Hayward was doing his first live action movie
>>
>>81001202
DKR was Batman Forever Tier and Interstellar was gay
>>
>>80999966

You faggots KNOW what needs to be done to have a good Superman movie. But you let people like Goyer, Miller and Snyder ruin anything Superman related.
>>
>>81000591
Hopefully amazing. I'm very excited.
>>
File: v in a nutshell.jpg (185KB, 1335x519px) Image search: [Google]
v in a nutshell.jpg
185KB, 1335x519px
>>80999966
Almost.

>>80999999
>>
Deadpool and Ant-Man are largely unraped in the MCU. Superman has a lot of history. You're just referring to what you've witnessed in your own lifespan. Don't be silly, OP. Superman is permanently received. Largely and historically raped and passed around, but received nonetheless.
>>
>>80999966
>What is Superman 1st movie

Stop making it obvious how much of a dumb baby you are OP
>>
>>81000450
I'm not sure either, anon. I get how he could've worked during the golden age but people these days demand things like depth and character development.
>>
>>81000361
>>81000482
The people only want quips, but after Superman Returns and Green Lantern WB is afraid of doing anything lighthearted. I guess they think there is no middle ground.
>>
Friendly reminder
>>
>>81000312
The Reeves one from 30 years ago. Man of Steel got pretty lukewarm responses.
>>
Having seen a screening, I can't believe this is getting worse reviews than Man of Steel. In no way is this worse than it. It has a few similar problems, but it's a much better movie.

Then again I hated Deadpool, so I guess I'm just far removed from what critics think.
>>
>>81000643

No, fuck you.
>>
>>81000688
He doesn't mean "slow and proper" in terms of years but movies and giving each character time before launching them at each other in the second movie.
>>
>>81004879
>I guess they think there is no middle ground.
This is why I hate Hollywood producers. They just all seem to lack common sense at a certain point and just make really, really stupid decisions. I don't get where they get all their money from.
>>
>>81000360
This if you can get a writer and director who knows what the fans want, it'll be good but if you choose some faggot who wants to make their vision of how it should go down well fuck them.
>>
>>81004943
That's because the Donner films did the same thing Deadpool did, stayed true to the source material. Man of Steel deviated in many ways. The same goes for the Marvel films. Look at how good Iron man and TFA were, and how badly Thor and Hulk did with their first movies. The ones who did better were the ones who did what the comics did.
>>
>>81007010
TFA stayed true to the source material all right. Too true.
>>
>>81007010
>true to the source material
>Man of Steel deviated in many ways

Being this retarded.
>>
>>81007157
Are you implying Man of Murder was true to the source material?
>>
>>81007198
It is true to the very old source material.
>>
>>81007198
given that it followed Earth One Supes, yes
to bad it's shit material
>>
>>81000361

>What's the problem?

Instead of using The Dark Knight trilogy and Man of Steel to build their cinematic universe, they used only Man of Steel.
>>
>>81007285
if it was true to the very old source material Supes wouldn't fly he'd just jump
>>
>>81007753
That would have made a hilariously different problem.
>>
>>81007198
Donner films are based off silver age. Lois dies? No problem just fly around the world super fast to turn back time, then give a good ol wink and smile to the viewers. The glasses? With a kiss you can wipe their memory!

Man of Murder is just another one of dozen reiterations within the last decade to modernize the character. Don't just throw around 'muh source material' if you don't even know what it means you faggot. Because no comic book capeshit movie is completely true to the source material.

Iron Man was a very good movie by Favreau and later pandered hard to chinks in Iron Man 3, as the movies got worse and worse.

Just like Wolverine is Fox's most famous franchise, but has never once worn his yellow blue spandex suit badger mask, and growls like constipated lion.
>>
>>81007904
>The glasses?
Man, it actually works pretty well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ2rgTiKF2w
>>
>>81000688
Not years, but movies. Marvel was successful because they introduced each Avenger in their own solo film with promises of a crossover that would take place once everyone was established.

DC looked at the lukewarm response Man of Steel received and thought "What if we started with the crossover and see how things go from there?"
>>
>>81008158
>DC looked at the lukewarm response Man of Steel received and thought "What if we started with the crossover and see how things go from there?"
It's not a terrible way to go with it, but they definitely bungled it.
>>
>>81000514
>Should they just give Kevin Smith a 100 million and walk away and see what he does with it?

he'd spend it all on food. and weed.
>>
>>81008366
He's lost a shit ton of weight actually. It's actually got to the point that he feels like he can no longer only wear hockey jerseys anymore.

Also, I know you didn't imply this, but I'm sick of people who think Kevin's movies are for stoners or rely on a pot shtick. The only time weed comes up in his movies is when it's important for the characters which are typically Jay and Silent Bob. The only actual movie that strongly features weed and is pretty fair to call it a stoner comedy is Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and he wasn't even smoking weed at that point. I haven't seen Zack and Miri so maybe there's a lot of pot in that but that's still like two damn movies. People assume that just because he's a stoner in real life that means it affects all his movies even retroactively to the ones before he smoked. Clerks is a fucking masterpiece and just because it's enjoyable to watch high doesn't mean it's made for pothead.
>>
File: 1454828693951.gif (2MB, 640x360px)
1454828693951.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>81007010
Its not that they're one hundred percent true to the source material, but that the directors respect that characters and the source.

The guys who made Deadpool loved Deadpool, from the actor to the directors. They were fans and excited to do the project. Same goes for the Russo Brothers. You could tell they really loved Captain America, and a lot of the Marvel characters since there's a lot of moments in the Winter Soldier that they could have painted it as dumb, but instead was inspiring or hopeful.

>Captain's orders
could have been made to look stupid, but instead its one of my favorite scenes because it has all these Shield agents trying to help Captain America even though they're outmatched.

And then take a look at Man of Steel, and potentially Batman v Superman. Immediately out of the gate, they're trying to paint it in the same light as the Nolan movies, instead of trying to make it how they think Superman should be depicted. They took lines from Grant Morrison, who's comic is all about campy Superman goodness with some serious tones in it, and used it as a throw away.
I mean, even if you're not a Superman fan, whats the first thing you think of when you think of Superman?
>Saving people
>Boyscout
>wacky shit
or
>causing mass destruction without any showcasing of remorse
>no dialogue
>Jesus
>>
>>81008605
kevin pls, just because we mock you doesn't mean that we don't respect your geek-kino.
>>
>>81004879
Wait superman returns was what you consider lighthearted?
>>
>>81008669
Not Kevin just an obsessive. Nah but I'm not so much of an autist that I care when someone disrespects a filmmaker I like but it pisses me off that people now legitimately think that he makes stoner movies because he talks about weed a lot outside his films and potheads really like his films. I'm not saying I have anything against smoking pot but it gives the wrong idea. Randall's speech to Dante at the end of Clerks is one of my favorite moments in any film because of everything in the movie that led up to it. On top of that it's just a really fucking funny movie and the situations in it are either just slightly bizarre or interesting geek arguments which is partly why so many stoners like it.
>>
File: 726.gif (438KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
726.gif
438KB, 500x376px
>>81007285
>>81007488
>>81007904
>defending shit
>>
What is this imdb site and why does it allow people to flood a film with positive reviews days before the film is out?
>>
>>80999966
The thing is, Deadpool was a completely different approach from everything else out currently. It was made by a CEO of an animation studio, meaning he perfectly knew how and when to use CGI - very few directors know and either underuse it, or overuse it (*cough* Snyder *cough*).

Secondary, it was intentionally designed for having small budget - big chunk of movie are regular action-movie shootouts that aren't really more expensive than e.g. action scenes from El-Mariachi - and it's intentionally shot in a bunch of small, repeated locales, allowing to allocated more budget towards more epic scenes. It's also perfectly cast - Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool is a great pick.

Third, IT DIDN'T FUCKING FRONT LOAD THE GODDAMN ORIGIN STORY. JESUS CHRIST, WAS THAT SO FUCKING HARD?! Nonlinear storytelling is your fucking friend!
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.