[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Amazing Spider-Man Vol 4 good? I've enjoyed vol. 1 &

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: asmvol4.jpg (51KB, 316x480px) Image search: [Google]
asmvol4.jpg
51KB, 316x480px
Is Amazing Spider-Man Vol 4 good? I've enjoyed vol. 1 & 2 and want to know if I should start reading it.

Also is it a tie-in to any other runs?
>>
>>80921070
it's not what you think in terms of spiderman. He becomes Tony stark, and the writers are trying to make peter irrelevant and no longer the everyday person and turn him into that lotto winner that everyone hates, and make miles the new everyday spiderman because bendis wants his legacy to be the PC legacy.

the books themselves it just isn't spiderman. Peter has all the answers now and is fixing everything with money. I can't wait till this is retconned.
>>
>>80921070
ties into iron man because MJ is now bitter all of a sudden because bad things happen to peter and it hurts her and it's all his fault.
also deadpool and avengers till he quits, again.
>>
>>80921138
What about Vol 3 (after Superior, which I've been avoiding because Kamala Khan shit)? Is that any better?
>>
>>80921070
>I've enjoyed vol. 1 & 2
Well if you love crap you might as well continue

though why you'd like Slott's spidey is beyond me
>>
>>80921163
it pretty much is the same before secret wars but stuck in new york, they make black cat a bitch too because peter can't be with her either.
>>
>>80921174
>vol. 1 & 2
>Slott
Isn't that vol 3?
Vol. 1 is Lee and Ditko
2 is that weird 90's era.
>>
>>80921070
It's what finally got me to drop Spidey again after six solid years of reading. It's boring and unfocused and pointless. I don't want another fucking Tony Stark and it's absurd to believe that Peter built a multi-billion dollar international corporation in eight months, even with comic book logic.
>>
>>80921138
>everyday person
hasn't been Peter ion decades
>>
>>80921138
>Peter has all the answers now and is fixing everything with money.
2/3ds of the plot points end with Peter failing to accomplish anything because he just assumed he could fix everything with money
>>
>>80921216
>Not Spider-Island
>Not Superior
>Not Spider-Verse

Took you long enough after years of eating Slott's shit.
>>
>>80921239
he's been using money to save villages and shit, from my perspective he's only failing in saving villian from themselves.
>>
>>80921226
ever since the first civil war, yeah.
>>
>>80921289
those villages told him to go fuck himself because his money just made them a target
>>
>>80921303
making a deal with the devil isn't relatable
>>
>>80921394
since when? it was already a target when he got there, he at least was helping them out.
>>
>>80921410
like I said during civil war was the moment he became unrelatable.
>>
>>80921434
I'd argue it was the original Secret Wars
>>
>>80921423
read the fucking comic
>>
>>80921494
that's pretty far back, having an alien possessing him worked, attracted black cat but him getting rid of it brought him back. the moment he revealed he was spiderman he was no longer every day man.
>>80921530
there was another village he was helping out too.
>>
File: spider cheated.jpg (40KB, 595x316px) Image search: [Google]
spider cheated.jpg
40KB, 595x316px
>>80921070

It's a 'Reed Richards does Parker a good turn' thing at the end of Secret Wars with the Molecule Man and resets the universe with Pete gone multi-national corporate instead of trying to survive selling photo's to JJJ and living in a bedsit.

The only trouble is Pete didn't build that from scratch, it was done like a wish and could unravel. He didn't make or earn his way up he just got handed PI on a global level.

> It 'feels' like it's not right, like Pete's going to lose it all and end up bankrupt and in debt.

It's just a matter of time before the Parker luck swings in again and Pete is placating JJJ for cash.
>>
>>80921530
more goblin and leaving equipment behind?
Guess new Pete's just power and money with a mix of superior
>>
>>80921530
>Not giving the guy who's shown you nothing but good will a chance to fix the problem
I hope these people aren't meant to come off as sympathetic.
>>
>>80922280
No it isn't

That corporation has been up and coming for a long time

Do you even read Spider-Man
>>
>>80921163
The team-up with Kamala is the least of vol. 3's problems.
>>
>>80921070
The bad guys are pre-cogs and that's why I dropped it.
YMMV.
>>
>>80921070
I'm going to be honest, that last issue was actually really rad.

>spider-rocket launched from the Baxter Building
>Webbing-based reentry
>the sign of... THE SPIDER
>>
Old Spider-man fans are weird.

They want him to use his skills and smarts to make his life better but they hate that he's successful now.
>>
>>80921206
Are you high
>>
>>80922280
Otto started Parker Industries a little over halfway through Superior Spider-Man. Its existence wasn't due to 616-Reed throwing Peter a bone. Whether Reed made it global or if Peter and his employees managed to do it is currently unknown, but until they say one way or the other, it's best to assume that Reed isn't responsible for it.
>>
>>80921163
Kamala's the only GOOD thing about V3.

Really, just accept that ASM went into a decline at the start of the 90's and never truly recovered.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.