[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know it's a trivial complaint, but despite how much I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 555a80e4613ee.jpg (48KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
555a80e4613ee.jpg
48KB, 940x529px
I know it's a trivial complaint, but despite how much I love Daredevil so far, one thing is really grinding on me, and it's his costume.

Not because of how it looks, I'm fine with that, but the expectation of us to just "shrug off" the fact that Matt's got this suit sitting somewhere that he has to return to every time to get ready to go fight crime. In fact, unless you're committing crime sometime in the night while Matt's decided to go on patrol, you're not going to see Daredevil. He has to go home and change when there's a problem afoot. No other MCU property that I can think of makes the viewer just discard the reason for the costume being on. You don't see the Avengers just wandering around in their costumes looking for a fight, they only throw them on when they're avenging. Most of them have costumes that are part of their power set, too. You could argue that pretty much only Cap's is overdone with no real positive effect.

Season 1 skipped that because Matt could wear his gear under his street clothes. I guess I just wish that we had a version of Daredevil that was more "action ready," and then the one who dresses up looking for a fight/with a specific purpose in the more tacticool version.
>>
The new helmet is so much better.
>>
>>80911122
I don't know how far along you are and I don't want to give anything away. but when he uses it it's primarily because he was leaving from his place.
>>
>>80911122
The costume is padding and light armor, like the stuff Fisk had. He has a reason for all of it but the horns.
>>
>>80911626
You know he's not talking about that.

He saying that if he wants to fight crime or fight a danger, he either needs to go home and change, then return, or just find a silly suit, just so he can cover his identity.
>>
>>80911626
His complaint is the way the show glosses over the "he has to walk all the way back home to change if he hears trouble" passage of time, not the usefulness of the armor itself.
>>
>>80911122
Eh, for me that's just one of the things you get past in order to watch a superhero type series. Though I imagine he mostly does just specifically go out on patrol at night, rather than just fighting crime when he happens to see it. I haven't started season 2 though.

>In fact, unless you're committing crime sometime in the night while Matt's decided to go on patrol, you're not going to see Daredevil.
That would be true anyway, most petty crime in the city won't involve DD turning up. The thing about crime is, there's a lot of it.
>>
>>80911122
I wonder if they give him anything to make his eyes not move or if that's just Cox
>>
>>80911808

Exactly. I get that the armor is useful, that part is just fine with me.

It's just not super effective for a street level hero, and this is really the only time we've seen a street level hero in the MCU.
>>
>>80911847
With a little bit of training it's easy to make your eyes stay the same or just stop moving them completely.
>>
Eh, MCU Daredevil's not really the type of hero who overhears a situation in his civilian attire and jumps at the call, anyway. At night he patrols for crimes and investigates crimes he heard about during the day, that's about it.

Now, if Spider-Man or Superman had this sort of costume that was impossible to wear under their clothes, I'd agree. Jumping into danger the moment they hear it is a staple of those characters, and a suit that hinders that wouldn't work for them.
>>
>>80912440
I think he's talking about his pupils not responding to light
>>
>>80912911
thats relatively easy to do by rotoscoping (?) the eye and freezing that portion of the frame. they have a slight delay after the light flashes before the pupils react
>>
>>80912911
Oh, never noticed that. Yep that's a small eyedrop you put. It's simple again.
>>
>>80912727
This was my thought too. He puts on the suit when he needs to go work. He's not the change in the phone booth type of hero.
>>
>>80913183
Also, Hell's kitchen is just 10 blocks, he's never *TOO* far away.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.