[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone get here get CN during the early years? ('92-96)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 520
Thread images: 88

File: cn.png (664KB, 1012x625px) Image search: [Google]
cn.png
664KB, 1012x625px
Did anyone get here get CN during the early years? ('92-96) If so what was it like?
>>
I remember it played the absolute fuck out of The Banana Splits in the early morning, and Speed Racer pretty much all the rest of the time. And before it had really any shows of its own, it would constantly re-run cartoon pilots that would eventually later become the Cartoon Cartoons.
>>
>>80836638

Its hard to describe for me, it used to end everyday at 5 PM so you had to savour whatever was being aired and you had to like it cause what else were you gonna watch
>>
>>80836638
It was pretty shitty. There's a reason the network only took off once they started getting original programming. I liked the classics, but I didn't love them. They were, even at the time, kind of old.

I watched Carrot Top's cartoon block before school every morning. He hosted sketches before showing classic cartoons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwHBK4wRH_U
>>
Those fucking Hana Barbera cartoons all the time when the good shit was gone.
Even the network knew they sucked-
I remember they made fun of them in one bumper by having some kid turn away from it while it played (the other cartoons were in vacations or something).
And I remember the first night of adult swim. Ever. I was confused. And tired, so I went to bed.
Heh. I miss those first bumpers with the pool and all though.
>>
>>80837175
>And I remember the first night of adult swim. Ever.
I remember that too. Got in trouble with my dad for staying up so late.
>>
>All those somewhat uneasing CGI bumpers they did before CGI was better
>>
God bless Boomerang for clearing up reruns from CN
>>
File: shit man.png (2MB, 1361x735px) Image search: [Google]
shit man.png
2MB, 1361x735px
I came across some old recordings of CN, but I don't think there's much to discuss. I only found 2007 stuff right now but I know for a fact I have some early 90's shit.

I don't think I grew up watching CN in it's launch era, I think I started watching around 1999-2000 and that was only during middle school study nights because I needed something to listen to, and the other channels at the time didn't have a good schedule.
>>
File: CN.png (720KB, 1363x735px) Image search: [Google]
CN.png
720KB, 1363x735px
>>80837950
Forgot to add- I had family members who recorded it for whatever reason, thats why I have earlier-than-I've-seen recordings.

Man, there's something I really like about this era, especially the logo.
>>
There were days when they played fucking Flintstones all day long. I wanted to kill myself.
>>
They did a lot of stuff like this:

>http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2016/03/15/the-scooby-doo-project-the-almost-forgotten-scooby-special/

Granted that was 1999, but it was from a long tradition of marathons of old HB cartoons with bumpers that contained new content. It made the reruns seem new and most of those bumpers and interstitial segments are lost forever to the sands of time. If you didn't watch during the one weekend they were running the marathon, you missed that stuff forever.
>>
>>80838210
That's a lot to read, and pretty shocked from what I did. So is it all found?

You mentioned missing bumpers and interstitial segments, maybe I recorded one. Currently looking through old recordings now of CN anyway, are there specific times a bumper that's lost was aired? some month or year atleast?
>>
>>80838210
Why isn't there a version of bumpworthy for CN itself? Seems like there's a lot of good shit that should be easier to find and go over.
>>
>>80838049
too bad the current logo is so shitty looking
>>
Taped a bunch of random Tom & Jerry, but mostly it was garbage like Hong Kong Phooey and the Flintstones. But at least it was animated and kept me entertained.

>>80836921
The Banana Splits was late night here, the last show before the channel stopped sending. It always depressed me because I couldn't understand english and it wasn't a cartoon.
>>
>>80838487
>but mostly it was garbage like the Flintstones.
You take that back.
>>
>>80838367
>>80838435

There's a channel on You Tube (can't direct link cuzza RULES)

>90sCartoonNetwork

He has a fucking TON of old school CN bumpers from the early 90s thru the early 00s.

Some stuff is so obscure and one-off that it may be gone forever. Like The Scooby Doo Project had a next day marathon of the Scrappy Doo episodes, which featured new Blair Witch bumpers with Scrappy.

Haven't ever seen those anywhere.
>>
>>80838604
>There's a channel on You Tube (can't direct link cuzza RULES)>90sCartoonNetwork

One of his videos is linked in that Scooby Doo Project article at the bottom.

It's a good channel.
>>
>>80838604
Are they separated? I kind of hated how the city era stuff was one big video, I'd sort of like to actually use them as bumpers.
>>
File: 1994.png (562KB, 907x755px) Image search: [Google]
1994.png
562KB, 907x755px
>>80838604
I know about that one, the one with the avatar being Bloo and Mac or something? Atleast I think that might've been their dailymotion picture or something.

Anyway, are there specific bumpers we know are missing and from time frames though? I'd love to post some "lost" stuff if I can.

Found a 1994 tape. It's mostly shows I have never seen before.
>>
>>80837259
>All kids out of the pool!
>>
>>80838672
>Are they separated?

Ehhh. Some are. Most are in blocks.

>>80838737

From what I understand, most of The Moxie Show is a Lost Media wet dream, so if you have those...
>Found a 1994 tape. It's mostly shows I have never seen before.
>>
File: sosni.png (619KB, 910x760px) Image search: [Google]
sosni.png
619KB, 910x760px
>>80838780
I remember that. Damn.

>>80838737
Found another High Noon Toons thing, was a Dinner-time block I guess. Had shows with Pup Named Scooby Doo among a few others.

>>80838800
I know about Moxie, I heard a couple months ago the whole premiere was found, all of the first episode. I'll look into it.

Is there a time frame Moxy aired a lot? was 1994 one of the years?
>>
>>80838780
Adult Swims' bumps from like the first 4 or so years are pretty great, I'm still trying to find a way intersperse them between episodes while I binge watch shit like how it actually works on tv.
>>
>>80838737

Ithink a lot of the missing bumper stuff from early 90s CN is the not so much sought after stuff.

Like segments of "The Cartoon Club", which featured a bunch of little kids sitting in a circle, having off the cuff discussions about cartoon topics (like one episodes they asked the little girl if she'd rather date Johnny Bravo or Pepe Le Pew and she was totally wet for Pepe but was too young to understand why).

The sad reality is that CN actually deletes videos of those old bumpers from You Tube. 90sCartoonNetwork has to mask them with weird gibberish in the video titles.
>>
File: weww.png (696KB, 923x765px) Image search: [Google]
weww.png
696KB, 923x765px
>>80838844
I used to try to do that to, to set up "the experience" and all that, then burn it to a DVD and watch it on TV as if it was that time again.

It proved too much of a hassle though

>>80838890
CN does that?
also kek
>and she was totally wet for Pepe but was too young to understand why

I thought CN Bumpers didn't even matter, most promos don't of new-age cartoons. Plus, I didn't think they checked the titles, I thought it was an image scanner or something they used for matches.
>>
>>80838838
>>80838844
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Fls0oonfA
Someone should do with Adult Swim what fans did with Toonami in making that Aftermath stream, all the old shows and bumpers streamed episodically so you could watch the old lineups as they were intended.
An old-era AS channel playing Sealab/Brak/SGC2C chiefly would be great, plenty of people seem to miss stuff like Mission Hill and even Baby Blues too, all would be welcome.
>>
The bumpers had their own internal continuity, which was really crazy. Some of that shit lasted for years.

Like there were about 4 or 5 bumpers spanning 6 or 7 years that dealt with Johnny Bravo's relationship with Velma from Scooby Doo.

I've found most of those on you tube, but scattered across a bunch of different channels.
>>
>>80838969
I don't know if this is the right word to describe it, but I really want to do it because a lot of the older [as] bumps are oddly comfy.
I can't explain why.
>>
>>80838980
Johnny Bravo should've ended with him getting together with Velma.
>>
>>80838980
I miss the "Cartoon City" theme they had in I think 2000 or maybe '01. Friday nights were amazing, all the afternoon programming would come to a clear end and the Cartoon Cartoon Fridays event would begin, usually with some new episodes and maybe a movie. By the time it was over, it was night, and you had been glued to the screen all evening.
>>
>>80839073
I think that was actually around 2003-2005 or something like that.
I mean unless you count all the bumps with them working in an office building as part of the cartoon city theme.
>>
File: cartoon cartoon.png (668KB, 913x759px) Image search: [Google]
cartoon cartoon.png
668KB, 913x759px
>>80838980
I remember that.

>>80838972
Got more details on that? Not sure what the Toonami thing was about. Did they use some old schedule online or..? Also I probably couldn't stream or set up videos for upload like that, my laptop takes forever saving videos, and half the time they end up glitching out (like the screen goes black for no reason sometimes in the output)

Also this popped up randomly while my VHS scanner was showing thumbnails of what was being processed on the tape. I'm immature so I keked.

>>80839047
I'm sure I know what you mean, nostalgic in a sense and gives off good vibes.
>>
>>80838980
>The bumpers had their own internal continuity, which was really crazy. Some of that shit lasted for years.

This guy's written a bunch of stupidly long retrospective articles on classic CN. Since I can't link directly to youtube vids on 4chan, the links are in the article.

But I liked this one

>http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2015/05/19/wacky-races-forever-the-2006-series-revival-pilot-review/

In 1995, CN had a marathon of Wacky Races reruns with a theme about Peter Perfect and Peneleope Pitstop getting married. Then 11 years later, when they tried to revive Wacky Races, they maintained that obscure as shit continuity and had Peter and Penelope still married.
>>
There were some experiences that are kind of lost.

Like Cartoon Planet's original format of Space Ghost/Brak/Zorak segments in between reruns of old cartoon shorts.

It worked much better that way than when they later compiled all the Space Ghost stuff into full half hour shows.

Watching Cartoon Planet like that is like watching Beavis & Butthead without the music videos. It wasn't designed to be watched that way and the rhythm is way off and the characters get annoying when you have to suffer too much of them (mostly Brak).
>>
>>80839097
>I mean unless you count all the bumps with them working in an office building as part of the cartoon city theme
I do, but yeah the "everyone sitting in the movie theater waiting for the movie to start" thing was later on like you said.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UHBJDSwlBc
Link-related was '00-'01, right? That's where my brain has put it, whether or not that's accurate.

>>80839138
Details on Toonami Aftermath? Google it, if the stream still exists (it pre-dates the return of Toonami) then it should be the first result. Average stream, but yeah they scheduled shows to run together with bumpers so you could tune in any time and see, say, DBZ followed by the space bumper, then Gundam Wing and another classic video, followed by something else from Toonami's run and so-on. 24/7 stream
>>
This was one of those "pre-CN City" bumpers and it was the fucking best.

Scrappy totally losing his shit.

https://youtu.be/FBbw1--WEsU
>>
>>80839239
I want to say that definitely was after Adult Swim had aired, so maybe sometime around '01-'02.
>>
>>80839292

Weird. Sometimes /co/ will let me post you tube links, sometimes it tells me that you tube is blocked as spam.
>>
>>80839292

Jeez, Scott Innes's Scrappy voice was just his Shaggy voice with no modification.

That guy had no range whatsoever. Worst Shaggy. Worse than Scott Menville.
>>
>>80839239
I really wish something like that stream existed for classic CN or early Adult Swim.
>>
File: laughing patriot.jpg (71KB, 582x600px) Image search: [Google]
laughing patriot.jpg
71KB, 582x600px
>>80839292
Oh god how did I ever forget this existed
>>
File: bath.png (685KB, 911x765px) Image search: [Google]
bath.png
685KB, 911x765px
>>80839239
>toonami aftermath
wow that does sound neat

>>80839292
I've seen that when I was younger and for some reason it made me cringe, and not just because I don't like that character.

>>80839322
depends if there's a dot in the middle of "youtube", sometimes the way a video will open in your browser it will open like that, like if you follow a link from another site sometimes because the URL had been shortened, shortened URLS are considered spam because of the dot placements
Also CN bumpers used to have so much variety, like how Nickelodeon's logo could be anything from a teacup to a Dog bone, now it's just fucking TEXT.
>>
/co/. THis has been haunting me since 1995.

https://youtu.be/NJqm0uoxO30

How DID Cartoon Network play 25 hours of Scooby Doo in one day? There was a sweepstakes contest to guess how they'd do it and everything. But I missed the marathon and it was gone forever so I never found out what their explanation was.

Daylight savings time?
>>
>>80839394
something about the old cartoon network logo freaked me out as a kid
>>
>>80839394
I can't tell if I'm remembering this wrong, but wasn't there a variant of the classic CN logo that was in orange and black?
>>
File: Dr__Rockso at the mic.jpg (26KB, 600x341px) Image search: [Google]
Dr__Rockso at the mic.jpg
26KB, 600x341px
>>80839370
Well Boomerang exists with all the old HB toons, but I've never watched it to see what it's like. But yeah, I'd kill for an Aftermath-like stream of early Adult Swim years, or a full-on recreation of 90's CN if one wanted to be ambitious.
I'd like to see an early CN stream that mixed in commercial breaks using appropriate-era commercials and everything.
>tfw Crossfire commercial
>>
>>80839494
That sounds like the only explanation.

>>80839504
Maybe for an Autumn/Fall kind of thing
>>
>>80839522
Bumpworthy exists too, so it wouldn't be too hard to grab the bumpers and shit necessary to recreate old AS.
But what would really make it perfect would be actually having commercial/bump breads mid-show.
>>
>>80839569
>But what would really make it perfect would be actually having commercial/bump breads mid-show.
I don't think anyone here is willing to put in that much effort.
>>
>>80839569
What is Bumpworthy?

>>80839522
>I'd like to see an early CN stream that mixed in commercial breaks using appropriate-era commercials and everything.

That was exactly what I was doing on my DVD Experience thing but I got very bored with it.
>>
>>80839633
Bumpworthy is a site that pretty much has all the bumps Adult Swim and Toonami have ever ran.
It even has the ones that are just black background / white text.
>>
>>80839662
Just looked at it, that's pretty cool. Anything like this for other channels? You'd think there'd be a website for all channels for this stuff, categories and everything.
>>
>>80838838
>I know about Moxie, I heard a couple months ago the whole premiere was found, all of the first episode. I'll look into it. Is there a time frame Moxy aired a lot? was 1994 one of the years?

The Moxy Show aired from 1993 to 1998.

Nearly all of it is lost, though I don't know which era is more scattered, the Penn Jilette era (which is the one I remember) or the Chris Rock era.

I just want to hear Bobcat Goldthwait's velvety tones in my ear again.
>>
>>80839292
Poor Scrappy.
>>
>>80839756
>>80839292

What I loved about things like The Moxy Show (which was about a CN janitor with a pirate satellite dish) and all those City/Office bumps, was that they made Cartoon Network feel like it was a real place that you could go visit. Where the cartoon characters actually worked like it was a day job.

I was 7. C'mon.
>>
File: guest.png (734KB, 915x767px) Image search: [Google]
guest.png
734KB, 915x767px
Just found this, is there any info on it?

It was something about you can be the next great Toon star. Muffled audio keeps me from hearing the specifics but it seems like a thing if you win a sweepstakes you get animated in a few of their shows or something. This seems like a historical thing and I really want to know who won.

>>80839756
Yea
and thanks for those dates, I might be able to find something. Here's hoping.
>>
>>80839832
I liked that too. I always had a fascination when I was younger too where cartoon stars did the series they're in as a job, and some bumpers would show them getting make up on or something like that.
>>
>>80838838
>I heard a couple months ago the whole premiere was found, all of the first episode. I'll look into it.

Has it been posted anywhere?

I'd love to see more than minute-long clips.
>>
>>80839891
It's on the Lost Media Wiki and it's a link to vimeo. I don't have the link on hand though.

I found out about it a couple hours ago but didn't watch the whole thing, it kept all the shows in tact and everything, so that's a plus side.
>>
>>80839832
>they made Cartoon Network feel like it was a real place
This shouldn't be underestimated. Just seeing all the characters I recognized interacting for even the briefest of times kept up the feeling of CN being a real thing with identity, not just a collection of shows aired back to back.
>>
>>80839866
All of it just gave the network a better atmosphere, I feel like the CN City stuff did that too.
I'm honestly surprised they trashed that sort of thing, having the cartoon characters all interacting with each other should've honestly been one of the channel's gimmicks.
>>
>>80839955
One of my favorites
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYY82nr_fkY
>>
>>80839955
It was off and on in the early 2010 era.

They made a bunch of Regular Show and Adventure Time things where they would interact (with episode audio)

There's a recent promo for their new saturdays lineup for those 2 shows that end with Mordecai and Rigby excited then the camera pans over (and they look over) and Finn and Jake are there too. Maybe they're bringing it back as some sort of new rebrand. They hinted at it with their 20th Anniversary music video stuff.
>>
Early Cartoon Network was made to be a 24 hour cartoon channel for adults where you could watch shit like Flintstones and Tom/Jerry at 3 AM.

They didn't get the idea to make original programming until the later part of the 90s.

As other anons have said it was mainly Speed Racer and Banana Splits spammed. I hate Speed Racer because of how much they played.
>>
June Bugs was the perfect way to start summer break.
>>
>>80839927

YES! Thanks!

Also, the Lost Media page reminded me of The Bog Bowl, another one of those Cartoon Network marathons that used bumpers to make reruns feel like big deal events.

I recall it bugging me that they used "classic" Morocco Mole as the co-host rather than the 90s Morocco Mole who was cooler.
>>
I was pretty young but the thing I remember most were the commercial bumps. Hard to describe, but I think it was a lot of checkered patterns with the characters popping up. I specifically remember watching a lot of Godzilla, Herculoids, Scooby Doo, and Birdman. There was also a lot of Speed Racer, but I didn't really like it.
>>
>>80840059
It wasn't summer without it!!
>>
>>80840037
They should really be recording new audio for this shit.
>>
>>80839835
Was finally able to make out what the promo said.

It was a preview for the 7 PM showing of a Scooby Doo episode that day and during one of it's commercial breaks "You can find out how to be a star"

maybe I have the commercial later in the tape or another tape, but does anyone already know about this?
>>
>>80839955
>I'm honestly surprised they trashed that sort of thing, having the cartoon characters all interacting with each other should've honestly been one of the channel's gimmicks.

They brought it back as a "special occasion" for their Anniversary in 2014

https://youtu.be/H1XIeQ48c3Y

And then they never did it again. Those Anniversary bumpers were like a brief taste of what CN used to be in its prime.
>>
>>80838844
>>80838969
The PseudoTV addon for Kodi can automatically insert bumpers. I haven't used that functionality of the addon myself, but it looks pretty simple to setup if you already have a Kodi installation.
>>
>>80840182
Yeah, I'm working on getting that shit running at the moment.
I've just been collecting a bunch of bumps for variety though, just Adult Swim ones so far though and I'm only at 47.
May go through the CN City bump video and split it up.
>>
File: oomie.png (588KB, 911x765px) Image search: [Google]
oomie.png
588KB, 911x765px
So I was thinking about going out to dinner with this guy some time, but it turns out he shits out of his fucking mouth.

Who would have guessed.

It was actually supposed to be him burping up a part of the sandwich but it literally just slides out slowly
>>
>>80840133
>They brought it back as a "special occasion" for their Anniversary in 2014

>Velma meets Lion-O

I never knew I wanted this so badly
>>
>>80840133

>Lion-O is useless even in the 20th anniversary celebration

Damn, talk about character fidelity.
>>
File: magic trash city.png (803KB, 905x757px) Image search: [Google]
magic trash city.png
803KB, 905x757px
As soon as I fucking start this tape I hear donald duck singing and some guy singing about "They're coming to take me away!!" and a "haha" to the beat of the song.

I thought the 90's weren't so fucking random.

How do you go to Donald Duck singing about (I actually couldn't tell) to some... I dunno, revolutionary war guy singing in a store?
>>
>>80840435

Oh god, they advertised that album allllll the fucking time.

I remember Coming to Take me Away and WHINCHEST CATHEDRAAAAL being on the playlist.
>>
>>80840133
>Jake pushes Scrappy out of the shot with his butt
Kek
>>
This was from the late 90s

>>80839292

This was from 2014

>>80840133

Both feature Scrappy getting shit on by everyone around him.

Will Cartoon Network NEVER forgive him? Hasn't he suffered long enough?
>>
File: what a terrible song.png (1MB, 1952x768px) Image search: [Google]
what a terrible song.png
1MB, 1952x768px
>>80840491
You remember it? Nice.

Yea here's a song list frame
>>
CN used to have some unforgiving animation.
>>
>>80840762
>CN used to have some unforgiving animation.

I liked it. There was a lot of diversity to the animation in those weird bumper segments. It felt like experimental student film stuff.

Sort of like the stations IDs Mtv used to run in the 80s and early 90s; really weird and surreal shit that always looked different.

It was the shit when you were 8 years old and whacked out on soda and candy, trying to stay up past 3am during Summer vacation.
>>
File: Herculoid_logo.jpg (30KB, 250x150px) Image search: [Google]
Herculoid_logo.jpg
30KB, 250x150px
>>80840070
>Godzilla, Herculoids, Scooby Doo, and Birdman
My fucking nigger
and gadzoooookiiiiee
>>
File: sound scribblers.png (653KB, 899x763px) Image search: [Google]
sound scribblers.png
653KB, 899x763px
>sound scribblers
why the fuck did they stop making things like these? they're cheap and you know, kid's really like these sorts of things. I used to have something like it but of Spongebob, and the pen wasn't really thick.

This shit could have kids' attention for awhile

and then there's always that one kid that buys all of them so he can activate them all at once

>>80840836
Yea, I know what you mean, some of it was just to ugly, and the for-it's-time audio being somewhat garbled makes it uncomfortable to look at. The driver's face turns red and he growls but it sounds like a truck honking and some robot saying "gee"

>that last line
nice
>>
>>80840674

He knows what he did.
>>
File: smug zilla.png (590KB, 887x767px) Image search: [Google]
smug zilla.png
590KB, 887x767px
>>80840891
have a screenshot of a Godzilla promo I found, on the house

>>80840949
this
>>
>>80840891
I like the KKK cameos in my cartoons as much as the next guy, but come on.
>>
>>80840976

For a little while, Boomerang was trying to act like circa 1995 CN.

I liked their Godzilla promo:

https://youtu.be/3xKYuhLCZZg

They used the song "Gozula" by M.O.D.
>>
>>80840762
BUBBLE TAPE IS /NOT/ PART OF A WELL BALANCED DIET
>>
>>80841061
>For a little while, Boomerang was trying to act like circa 1995 CN.

They didn't try hard enough.

They reran those short film filler material from the 90s, like those Scooby Doo Behind the Scenes segments or music videos, but they only aired a handful of them and they got old really fast.

Extra points for getting Jeff Bergman to be the station's narrator, since he alternated with Carrot Top as the narrator for all CN promos in the early 90s, but Boomerang was always a half-hearted gesture at best.
>>
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the proto toonami afternoon block hosted by Space Ghost's Moltar. I used to watch pull that lever to start the show. Just like on coast to coast and cartoon planet.
>>
File: sure man whatever you say.png (676KB, 915x763px) Image search: [Google]
sure man whatever you say.png
676KB, 915x763px
It's sad to see CN's old era be what they meant to be, as the pic suggests, but now it's nothing like this at all.

Rebrand of Boomerang aside, they should have done this, become the old CN, like >>80841061
they used to be, but it'd fit better now. The fucking title of the channel doesn't even work anymore, "It's all coming back to you"?

Boomerang could've been the new home of all the classic Time Warner / Barberra stars.
>>
>>80841160

Well, that technically WAS Toonami, just it's earliest incarnation.

The prototype Toonami was the generically titled Power Block that had shit like James Bond Junior and Swat Kats and a rotation of Hanna Barbera shorts like Space Ghost or Frankenstein Jr.
>>
>>80840133
My favorites were the city bumpers they did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdzwR44H4Tg
>>
>>80841203
>The prototype Toonami was the generically titled Power Block
Was that where Real Adventures of Johnny Quest fit in? I recall the intro far more than anything that happened in the show itself, I don't think I liked it much as a kid coming off of the original JQ.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIuuPTM3nSc
That fucking theme though, goddamn.
>>
File: nothing like those anymore.png (779KB, 901x763px) Image search: [Google]
nothing like those anymore.png
779KB, 901x763px
The 90's Cartoon Network feels like something completely unrelated to the Cartoon Network now, like 2 different planets just happened to have the logo and title of a channel the same.

Also I got a re-airing of that Scooby Doo guest star thing, does anyone want me to upload these or have requests of things I should be looking for?
>>
>>80841222
I really wish I had some CN City sets to go with the lego mystery machine.
>>
>>80841293
>Still no new Jonny Quest revival
>>
>>80838890
>The sad reality is that CN actually deletes videos of those old bumpers from You Tube

yeah, no shit.

I was using KeepVid to harvest a ton of Scooby bumper material and TV specials from You Tube so I could burn them to a disc.

I'd mark everything as "Watch Later" to keep track of them before saving. Then I noticed several of my Watch Later videos getting deleted within a day, so I had to hurry to save everything off of Keep Vid before CN took more down.

I don't know what their problem is with 20 year-old bumpers. Probably some sort of algorithm that sees the Cartoon Network logo and automatically requests that the video be deleted.
>>
>>80841355
Or CN's just greedy as fuck, for some reason [as] seems much better about this sort of thing.
>>
File: sadtracks.jpg (14KB, 185x185px) Image search: [Google]
sadtracks.jpg
14KB, 185x185px
>>80841341
>it's been more than a decade since Race Bannon died on Venture Bros
>>
>>80841509
>>it's been more than a decade since Race Bannon died on Venture Bros

Didn't they retcon all the Jonny Quest characters into parodies instead of the real deal? That was Race never died and Jonny never became a heroin addict.
>>
>>80841341
>>Still no new Jonny Quest revival

Did you forget about the straight to DVD movie they made last year?

It's... something.
>>
>>80841544
They just changed their names, but they're clearly intended to still be the same people.
Like Dr. Z is obviously just Zin.
>>
>>80841574
I don't even remember hearing about that.
>>
>>80841643
>I don't even remember hearing about that.

It was a crossover with Tom & Jerry. "Spy Quest" or some shit.

You're better off not looking into it.
>>
>>80841669
So it wasn't the live action movie that they're supposedly doing.
When was that announced again? Like 8 years ago?
>>
>tfw THE Cartoon Network
>>
>>80841698
>So it wasn't the live action movie that they're supposedly doing.When was that announced again? Like 8 years ago?

They've been trying to do that since the 80s.

It was supposed to be Shane Black's followup to The Monster Squad.
>>
File: shit.png (705KB, 895x765px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
705KB, 895x765px
>preview for scooby doo's fucking premiere on THE cartoon network
this is messing me up
>>
You know, a CN City movie would be pretty neat.
>>
>>80841757

I remember when CN would be getting reruns of a show, they would do these teasers by having animation play over the bottom of the screen during a show with a "COMING SOON" label to get you hyped.

When they got Taz-Mania reruns, they had a spinning whirlwind move across the screen during other shows with "COMING SOON" and even though Taz-Mania was old and the show was over and everyone had already seen everything there was ever going to be OH HOLY SHIT DID YOU SEE THAT TAZ-MANIA IS COMING I CAN"T FUCKING WAIT!!
>>
>>80841771
>movie centers around strife between old characters and new
>new/old cities integrate at end of film
>major CN channel format-change on opening day of film so kids come home to see the channel affected by the events of the film
We'll never have nice things, but we can imagine them.
>>
>>80841757
>That narrator they had for the cartoon network branded Scooby-Doo VHS
>>
File: yea alright.png (657KB, 897x765px) Image search: [Google]
yea alright.png
657KB, 897x765px
>>80841771
I always expected a special for an anniversary, not sure how it would play out though, I can assure you CN will never care enough to do it.

Did he always walk like this?
>>
Are all the segments of Staylongers online?

I've found like 2 or 3 of them, but it was a really long event and there were, like, 30 segments.

THAT'S one of those great pieces of CN history that seems lost forever in its entirely. Then entire Cartoon Cartoon Fridays line-up reenacting Survivor for a whole month.
>>
> Be 30
> Always want Boomerang for old school HB cartoons and some 90's shit like Swat Kats
> Finally be able to afford a decent cable package to get Boomerang
> "What's New, Scooby Doo" and some other Flash/ToonBoom shit plays almost non stop

Suffering.
>>
File: barnie rubble.jpg (75KB, 854x810px) Image search: [Google]
barnie rubble.jpg
75KB, 854x810px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0-coASIjkQ
>>
>>80842101
Johnny Test?
>>
>>80842101

Does Boomerang still rerun Pokémon?
>>
>>80842101
Oh wait no, do you mean the new tom and jerry show and the subernoobs thing? You're referring to now aren't you?
>>
>>80842153

Looking at the schedule right now. It's everything currently on regular Cartoon Network (Gumball, TTG!) Johnny Test was on 30 minutes ago, and the only older program that's going to come on is Tom and Jerry.
>>
>>80842241

OP Again

Fucking, Smurfs and Flintstones play between 2am to 5am! That's the shit I want to watch when I get home!

Sonic Boom?! Shaun the Sheep? Pokemon's alright, but c'mon man.
>>
>>80842241
American broadcast? Johnny Test I don't think has showed over here in awhile
>>
Best part about classic early 90s Cartoon Network?

>Staying up super late to watch Late Night Black and White and ToonHeads

CN saved the old timey racism for the wee hours. It was great.
>>
Acme Hour and Toon Heads were my favorite thing to look forward to.

Also Cartoon Fridays.
>>
this tape

this fucking tape
>>
>>80841307
Do it
>>
>>80842390
I remember that shit! /co/ We need to cobble together an early cartoon network stream now. Complete with ads.
>>
File: spooky cake.jpg (88KB, 852x720px) Image search: [Google]
spooky cake.jpg
88KB, 852x720px
>>80842390
>>
File: aye.png (641KB, 887x767px) Image search: [Google]
aye.png
641KB, 887x767px
>>80842595
It gets spookier.
>>
File: mole.png (564KB, 881x739px) Image search: [Google]
mole.png
564KB, 881x739px
>>80840064
>I recall it bugging me that they used "classic" Morocco Mole as the co-host rather than the 90s Morocco Mole who was cooler
Have another design I just came across in the commercials
>>
File: barn.png (668KB, 879x763px) Image search: [Google]
barn.png
668KB, 879x763px
Relish the time you have now to spend with your friends and family, you don't know how long you'll have it.
>>
Space Ghost Coast to Coast friday nights. I remember because it was what I always watched when I went to my dad's house every other weekend.

That and June Bugs. Eventually as they got into the late 90s, get fucking Animaniacs, Road Rovers, SWAT Kats, etc
>>
>>80842960
>I remember because it was what I always watched when I went to my dad's house every other weekend.
this too if it was the adult swim thing
>>
>>80839292
Im kind of glad that they did that to him because his show was shit
>>
File: illuminetwork.jpg (671KB, 2624x2256px) Image search: [Google]
illuminetwork.jpg
671KB, 2624x2256px
>that one time The Cartoon Network couldn't contain their illuminati symbolism boners
>>
File: WATCH ME SWOOSE.jpg (125KB, 889x763px) Image search: [Google]
WATCH ME SWOOSE.jpg
125KB, 889x763px
WATCH ME SWOOCE RIGHT IN

SWOOCE
>>
>>80843197
What's wrong with his neck?
>>
>>80843321
swooce
>>
People upload their old CN tapes on myspleen and like many torrents on that site, the commercials when the shows were recorded are usually also included.

and if it's not breaking any rules, I've got 10 invites to use so...
>>
>>80843517
I have one, disappointed they have so much little of what I thought they had after all this "invite only" and stuff.

What rules are there?
>>
>Mr. Spim's Cartoon Theater

https://youtu.be/ZVYB-iORDS4

Weird shit, but they always showed great movies like The Hobbit, The Phantom Tollbooth or Twice Upon a Time.

When it turned over to the generic "Cartoon Theater" in the late 90s, they started showing less obscure stuff and switched almost entirely to Scooby Doo direct to DVD movies.
>>
>>80839292

>"kings and queens"
>Him and the Red Guy feel insulted
>>
>>80844100
I have a Mr Spims vhs tape that was for some nominee thing
>>
>>80844100

Fucking 'A I remember this. They showed Flight of the Dragons on there too! Used to love it.
>>
>>80837175

Midnight Run was fucking goat before AS came around.

Boomerang was my favorite part about old Cartoon Network. I used to wake up at like 5am on Saturdays and watch the whole block until the Fox/WB blocks. Birdman, Space Ghost, Wacky Races, Herculoids, Mighty Mightor, Blue Falcon and Dynomutt, Moby Dick, Shazann, fucking everything.
>>
File: dwuh.jpg (99KB, 841x752px) Image search: [Google]
dwuh.jpg
99KB, 841x752px
>>80844371
not being a dick but why do people say
"fuckin' a" now and so often? I live around people who say it every day. Is it from some vine thing?
>>
Is there even any good classic cn merchandising?
>>
>>80844553
Of course. Most of it is hard to find now though. Name one of your favorite classics you'd want merch of.
>>
>>80844610
Space Ghost Coast to Coast, maybe Dexter, EEnE or Scooby-Doo if you'd consider those CN classics.
I'd be fine with just CN branded stuff in general.
>>
>>80844698
I do.

Those are good choices. Are you aware of the Wayback Machine? Go to that site and put in cartoon network, then go back to the early 2000s and look around on their shop website, they have some original stuff there you'd never knew existed if you tried to search for it now.
>>
>>80844455
Fuckin' a has been around at least since the 80s if not further back.
>>
>>80844779
I get that but I don't expect this youth to suddenly start saying it again because of that.

I'm assuming those shows like The Flash and lets players have been saying it more often.
>>
>>80839292

>Kings and QUEENS
>HIM and Red Guy from C&C behind him

triggered
>>
Anyone else remember the Acme Bowl?
>>
I'm just realizing I haven't had cable for like two years... Does [AS] still use the white text on black screen packaging? What's CN actually looking like these days?
>>
>>80845111
For a while there I think CN only played Teen Titans Go all day everyday. They've broken it up lately though and actually show their other cartoons.
>>
>>80845111
You're missing nothing.

TV in general is a fucking wasteland these days.
>>
>>80845111

Yes and AS is barely watchable these days.
>>
>>80845130
why wouldnt they
ITS YOUR NEW FAVORITE SHOW
>>
>Me and neighbor kids huge fans of DBZ
>Have heard that Dragonball existed but never saw it.
>late one summer night neighbor kid stays over, watching toonami.
>Commercial announcing Toonami is going to show original DB
>Wake parents celebrating.

Fuck that was tight. I was so hype.
>>
>>80845047
No, what the hell.
>>
>>80837175
https://youtu.be/m44IYWm3Ch0
>>
>>80844455
>>80844882
>>80844779
I guess it's like how "deez nuts" is a popular phrase again. I asked my brother why people are saying it, he said it came from Vine or something, and I told him "no... that phrase has been around forever".
>>
>Tom and Jerry kids
>Flintstones kids
>Scoobs Doo kids
why did they take their icons and do a kid revamp of each? this was fucking annoying

I can't believe how many I have recorded of each.
>>
>>80839292
>Shaggy slowly backing away from him

kek
>>
>>80846052

Pup Named Scooby-Doo was incredible. I wish they made more episodes.
>>
>>80846328
Was it? I don't remember much of it but it looks kinda "dumbed down for kids" but I like most other scooby doo media.

Also does anyone remember this toy car? Rolls up the walls and flips back over to keep on going? Literally something I loved when I was somewhat younger.
>>
File: paruba.jpg (95KB, 919x732px) Image search: [Google]
paruba.jpg
95KB, 919x732px
>>80846365
Forgot picture.
>>
>powerhouse era was 19 years old
>>
Also I have to say, watching all these old recordings, I can't believe my fucking eyes. A few hours worth of recordings and not one commercial for a movie.

Wow.
>>
>>80846365

I still enjoy watching it, which says a lot since most shows back then are brutal to watch now. Some good creatures and stories along with decent comedy.
>>
>>80846428

God the episode where it actually ends up being Red Herring is great.
>>
File: super chunk.jpg (141KB, 1021x765px) Image search: [Google]
super chunk.jpg
141KB, 1021x765px
Would you give him more, /co/? Don't tell me you forgot about him!
>>
>>80846500
I can't be the only one that didn't get the Red Herring joke until I was older.
>>
File: orange black.png (28KB, 806x236px) Image search: [Google]
orange black.png
28KB, 806x236px
>>80839504
>>
>>80846596
Can you say what that's from? Probably just Halloween times right?
>>
>>80846677
I remember seeing it on some Scooby-Doo vhs tapes.
>>
>>80846761
Seems fitting. Reminds me of the Arabian Nights or something like it, the Scooby VHS
>>
>>80836638
I think me and my family discovered we had CN in 1996 or 1997. I remember it being mostly Hanna-Barbera, Looney Toons, and some other old cartoon shorts.
>>
>>80836638
I remember when they played the Flintstones all summer vacation long in the UK one summer. It was awful.
>>
It pissed me off how at the time I couldn't stop wanting a more creative aspect for the logos. CN's logo was at the bottom of the barrel, most of the time it was either a box or a sticker on some object. Then there was Disney, where it had somewhat more variety, it had characters in the icon, people drawing the icon before a show, stuff like that. Nickelodeon used to be on fucking top. They had a logo that could be anything. They traded that in for pure text in all lowercase letters.
>>
>>80844455
I heard it the most in 2005. Haven't heard it since.
>>
File: s.jpg (91KB, 877x735px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
91KB, 877x735px
I'm not sure about this Scooby and Pals series
>>
>>80847020
I remember not liking Cartoon Network as a kid because everything about it seemed so old school compared to Nickelodeon/Kids WB. Not just in terms of programming, but just how they branded and presented their stuff. It was all old cartoons, whereas KidsWB had like the Animaniacs doing the Macarena and Nick had tapped into childhood
>>
File: boss.jpg (121KB, 971x749px) Image search: [Google]
boss.jpg
121KB, 971x749px
oh fuck no
>>
File: gad.jpg (102KB, 961x733px) Image search: [Google]
gad.jpg
102KB, 961x733px
Never had a reason to before, but can anyone tell me how to make a trip? The one with a password and all that? Would help out with me doing this stuff.
>>
>>80847792
GRAND DAD
>>
File: ok.jpg (80KB, 973x721px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
80KB, 973x721px
>National Geographic commercial for the 5th time
>this happens
>>
>>80838604
>The Scooby Doo Project

Literally never heard of this until today, they actually made a Scooby Doo parody of Blsir Witch. God the 90s/early 00s were weird.
>>
>>80848082
Yea but they killed them off in detail.

You'd never get anywhere near that bullshit now.
>>
What are your favorite cn / [as] bumps? Trying to build a collection of the best ones.
>>
>>80848436
I liked the ones where they were at lunch. Not sure what they're called. Had real backgrounds.
>>
>>80836638
>>80836638
I used to get tape recordings hours and hours long from a family friend of Cartoon Network UK.

stuff was pretty good, it was mainly stuff from the 80s backwards

I didn't get digital television till 1999, so I was really limited to tape recordings and terristeral tv
>>
>>80848770
>terristeral
is there something you're not telling us?
>>
>>80840133
>Lionel is nearly useless

I feel bad that I actually like Lionel but hated his show.
>>
>>80845414

I loved it when they'd make fun of their own shit cartoons but show them anyway.

They used to make fun of Pound Puppies all the time (but it was still on the schedule).
>>
>>80849372
analogue tv, buddy
>>
>>80836638
I remember finding a recording some time ago and it had a Non-Stop Stones preview. Did you run across this on MySpleen?
>>
File: image.jpg (9KB, 136x167px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9KB, 136x167px
>>80840133
This is kinda horrifying when you remember that pic comparing old and new Dexter's Dad.
>>
>>80850093
uh?
>>
>>80848436
I always liked the one with Shaggy and Droopy parodying the "royale with cheese" scene from Pulp Fiction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8WpceMqul0
>>
>>80839944
From a marketing perspective it helped with branding, but from the viewer's perspectives those were almost more interesting than the show themselves.

That's why even Space Ghost appealed to me as a child, because it was like you were exploring what cartoon characters were like outside of their 'roles'.

CN City could've been a series goddamnit!
>>
>>80850509
The fact it never got a series always disappointed me.
>>
>>80840037
>>80840133
I know there was a cinema bumper where the Gumball, Regular Show, and Adventure Time crews death with each other.
>>
>>80851063
uh what? death?

I know about the cinema thing they used to do (but not anymore I don't think)
>>
>>80851163
Probably meant "dealt"
>>
>>80851163
*Deal
There's multiple quick skits
>RS Cast shushing each other
>Jake stealing stuff from the concession stand
and a few others.
>>
>>80851396
>>80851436
Ah yea I remember.

Though CN doesn't show movies often, or didn't up until I lost cable around October.
>>
>>80851788
I still have cable, but I haven't watched CN in over a year.
There's nothing that really appeals to me on the channel anymore.
>>
File: CP.jpg (123KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
CP.jpg
123KB, 1366x768px
Hey guys I found something on my hard drive with Moxy, he's talking about and promoting the company "Colossal Pictures"

Has this been found already? I remember downloading it from some torrent site in a collection of demo reels.

Hope to figure that out soon because if I'm holding something lost I'd like to add it to the Moxy pile.
>>
>>80842123
this is good stuff
>>
>>80842123
Was there a flintstones episode that dealt with repeating backgrounds?
>>
>>80842123
Best groovy reporting in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9cr4HvQmj8
>>
File: sharko.jpg (8KB, 224x168px) Image search: [Google]
sharko.jpg
8KB, 224x168px
>>80852095
Not that I recall, but the looping backgrounds were hard to miss once you noticed them, then it just became funny.

>>80852155
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn1pf0Xi3nU
That's not how you spell "Jabberjaw" anon
that was a great one though, best video
>>
>>80852155
This
used to repeat it very often.
>>
File: moxy test.jpg (138KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
moxy test.jpg
138KB, 1366x768px
>>80852000
Anyone know yet? It's a good amount of footage.
>>
File: mox1.jpg (170KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
mox1.jpg
170KB, 1366x768px
>>80852266
>>
File: endcare.jpg (175KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
endcare.jpg
175KB, 1366x768px
>>80852331
>>
>>80845414
It's a jab at an old April Fools day prank where they played that cartoon all day. There was another one with Screwy Squirrel.
>>
>>80852331
His ear sure did disconnect a lot. Still good for motion capturing in the late 90's
>>
File: that disappointed feeling.png (317KB, 729x657px) Image search: [Google]
that disappointed feeling.png
317KB, 729x657px
I have no choice but to respect CN even how it is now, for the sole fact it existed when it needed to. It's just hard to appreciate it being around now.
>>
>>80852888
The trips of truth...
you better be wearing them honestly.
>>
>>80854355
I can vouch for those trips. They had a marathon of Quick Draw McGraw one weekend too. Most aggravating weekend of my 7-year old cartoon-loving, shut-in life.
>>
I'm going to sleep, please keep this thread alive. I miss the Old CN (and other channels) threads. This really makes me feel things good.
>>
>>80854779
Yeah, they're usually my favorite threads.
Same goes for [as] bump threads.
>>
I remember a Toon hall of fame thing or something on Boomerang maybe around 2010? It would choose a character, then have shows around it (or episodes) for a block or so. Anyone know what it was called? I want to remember, it always started showing pictures then it would like, pan up to the new star.
>>
File: 1410399401790.jpg (40KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1410399401790.jpg
40KB, 400x300px
One anon here mentioned the private tracker MySpleen. Does anyone happen to know if they have full early Adult Swim broadcasts as well as the '92-'96 broadcasts of CN? Would be interesting to see their anime and cartoon lineups in perspective to where they were at the time.
>>
>>80855047
I have an account there and they don't have as much as you'd think, for them being well known. They have a good amount of "full broadcasts" (with commercials) but nothing really notable. There's like, 4 Toonami ones but it's hardly anything to get wet about.
>>
>>80855117
I really wish CN would just sell blu-rays or DVDs of old broadcasts.
Like as a nostalgia bait thing.
>>
>>80855117
Ah, that's a shame. Guess it makes sense, though - as a kid, recording an upcoming special to watch later is probably the last thing on your mind. Anything else besides the 4 Toonami broadcasts?
>>
>>80836638
Thank you for the nostalgia trip, OP.
>>
>>80840435
It was a collection of novelty songs. The Donald Duck song was Disco Duck (not actually Donald Duck):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97RjuC9YeXg
>>
>>80852155
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im_nSkqUAnM
nah, this is the best groove
>>
>>80836921
>speed racer

Fucking this

I also remember the godzilla jr cartoon and Voltron being played a lot

As well as the classic flinstones, jetsons, Scooby doo
>>
>>80855179
That's not possible. They'd need permission from multiple people, it would be a hassle. Plus to release commercials on DVD would be a no-no anyway, but even without them my point is there

>>80855185
About to sleep, but yea, there's random stuff like a spongebob episode premiere (truth or square) with commercials, stuff like that. Nothing mind blowing. If you dig hard enough, there are a few notable things, it's just not stand-out on the front page.

>>80855236
>>80855236
Not sure if you're just thanking him for the fact this was all possible, or if you're confused about the VHS guy being him. I'm the VHS anon, OP is different. Not trying to be pretentious, just if there was a misunderstanding I kinda wanted to clear it up. Doesn't matter though, I also thank the OP

>>80855249
I figured when I later posted the few song titles.

Thanks for the link though.

Alright, I really have to sleep now, been up over 40 hours. Please keep this alive and in the spirit of The Cartoon Network.
>>
>>80840133
this feels like a mad short for some reason
>>
File: 1444111379181.gif (2MB, 245x246px) Image search: [Google]
1444111379181.gif
2MB, 245x246px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lYZcIC6bqU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNW7FJwWq9M
now i am reminded about the current PPG and am sad
>>
>>80855681
Background and style?
>>
>>80840133
Jesus, I wanted to forget that Thundercats reboot ever existed. What trash.
>>
File: 1451775240290.jpg (163KB, 1000x1239px) Image search: [Google]
1451775240290.jpg
163KB, 1000x1239px
>>80845414
>Now back to a special 24 hour Teen Titans GO marathon
>>
>>80852155
>>80852190
>>80855501
those are some good options, however you can't dethrone the king

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbKby_0kHKg
>>
>>80855756
More like the animation, something feels odd
>>
File: this is my jam.gif (31KB, 257x200px) Image search: [Google]
this is my jam.gif
31KB, 257x200px
>>80856168
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g4tS_etVq0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYZ5-lTEKQQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip1usqfHFOc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4FM_O33-o
>>
I did. I watched the shit out of Tom & Jerry, Scooby Doo, and Looney Tunes. They played a lot of the Flintstones, Jetsons, and I think Yogi Bear though. I hated those. I also remember some Speed Racer, Space Ghost, and that one action show that was stone age heroes (had that white blob guy in it). Later at night I vaguely remember a more '''''mature''''' block with stuff like Two Stupid Dogs.

It was mostly that sort of stuff (Looney Tunes and various Hananna Barbara sitcom-y garbage) until What A Cartoon!/Cartoon Cartoon came around and really changed the way their scheduled looked. God, I fucking loved that shit so much when it started. Felt so different from everything else they showed. I caught of bunch of them on their premiere airings. Johnny Bravo, Power Puff Girls, Dexter's motherfucking Lab, Cow & Chicken...

What A Cartoon! seriously was the best thing to happen to Cartoon Network. It was basically a testbed for new shows that would go on to be awesome. Looking it up, apparently Courage even came from there, though I don't remember that. A lot of the shorts were duds, but some of that shit was amazing.

Haven't thought about that shit in a long time, serious blast of nostalgia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcsRG6PWacE
>>
File: this.jpg (126KB, 340x480px) Image search: [Google]
this.jpg
126KB, 340x480px
>>80856450
>What A Cartoon! seriously was the best thing to happen to Cartoon Network.
>>
>>80856450
You don't remember the alien chicken thing? It even came back in a later episode when Courage became a show.
>>
>>80856781
I definitely remember that episode, I guess I just forgot it was part of Cartoon Cartoon. Clearly memory got lost in the immense nostalgia rush.
>>
>>80856934
>>80856781
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeQDALLvz_U
I'd forgotten how pumped up the themesong got me.
>>
>>80840133
Ah, the graveyard.
>>
File: 1458286140855.jpg (20KB, 464x304px) Image search: [Google]
1458286140855.jpg
20KB, 464x304px
SUPER CHUNK
>>
>>80836638
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw3zWL3Vr20

Well who's that crazy cartoon king? The one who taught em all to swing. Ill say his name, ill let it ring. Tex Avery
>>
>>80846378
Tyco Rebound
>>
>>80846052
The Scooby-Doo one was actually good though.
Unrelated, but anyone here buy any of the lego scooby-doo sets?
>>
>>80858755
Or maybe it was the Tyco Ricochet
>>
File: edgrimley.jpg (26KB, 375x281px) Image search: [Google]
edgrimley.jpg
26KB, 375x281px
>>80836638
I remember they played that weird ass show with this guy that was sort of like peewee herman but wasnt. Ed Grimley I dont know why but i loved the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5VsIkoyAR4
>>
>>80855047

I remember when SGC2C was on Thursday nights in the 90s.

I tried to sneak staying up late enough to watch it and got caught out of bed on a school night.

Space Ghost got me grounded.
>>
>>80855040
>I remember a Toon hall of fame thing or something on Boomerang maybe around 2010? It would choose a character, then have shows around it (or episodes) for a block or so. Anyone know what it was called?

"Boomeroyalty".

The problem with it was that they only had, like, 4 or 5 spotlights, which they'd cycle through over and over again. So you could get the same damn Smurfs marathon 10 times a year.

At least Super Chunk in the 90s never did the same character twice in one year.
>>
Anyone remember Wacky Races? I think that was the name.

But of Hannah Barbara ass guys racing around with antics along the way.
>>
File: B0F2NiaCQAA4KgH.jpg (39KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
B0F2NiaCQAA4KgH.jpg
39KB, 599x337px
>>80862440
>Anyone remember Wacky Races?
>>
>All this shitting on Speed Racer reruns in the 90s

I think you forget how hard CN promoted Speed Racer as being "cool". Here's the actual preview promo they used.

https://youtu.be/GTteJTKX-6w

Speed straight up murders Scooby and the gang.
>>
>They used to promote The New Scooby Movies with a parody of Scream

https://youtu.be/tGestuJv5Kw

>They got Casey Kasem to reprise Shaggy

I think this was the only time Kasem played Shaggy between 1997 and 2002 when he was having a spat with Warner Bros. Wonder why he agreed to do that one promo of all things.
>>
I remember O Canada coming on late at night and hating every minute of it
>>
>>80838980
>The bumpers had their own internal continuity, which was really crazy. Some of that shit lasted for years. Like there were about 4 or 5 bumpers spanning 6 or 7 years that dealt with Johnny Bravo's relationship with Velma from Scooby Doo.

It was a fuckin SAGA.

First they met in the Bravo Dooby Doo special

https://youtu.be/jMT_-4724PI

Then Johnny was shown pining for her in one promo

https://youtu.be/3la82bYtcPg

Then Johnny could be heard getting aroused by the sound of her name in the Boo Boo Ba Ba Dee Dee music video

https://youtu.be/nEc4gDFHEBw

Then they were finally shown dating in a pre-CN City promo

https://youtu.be/GlbAGOIWuB8

Like a fuckin soap opera.
>>
>>80838972
All kids out of the pool.com
>>
>>80836638
Watched the UK feed almost religiously from '93 to '99 which was when we stopped receiving the channel for like a year or two. I do remember that the very first thing I ever caught was an episode of Centurions, but don't recall much from before the time of Cartoon Cartoons. I had The Banana Splits near-totally wiped from my brain until this thread made me remember it. Other stuff like Speed Racer I never ever saw. When was that on?

I do have memories of tons of Hanna-Barbera stuff. Don't think I outright hated any of it, but the HB nostalgiafags I at times come across are fucking unbearable. I did have a fondness for their action-adventure stuff like Johnny Quest, Herculoids, Godzilla and what have you. Liked their old-timey feel. They also aired GoBots for a while, not that I remember anything about that show.
>>
CN did some really cool shit in the early 90s, when they would save late night programming for adults (but almost a decade before Adult Swim).

I remember they aired this thing, Saturday Morning Cartoons Greatest Hits:

https://youtu.be/LTLqmqfdPzI

It came out really late on a school night, so my mom had to tape it for me. It's not really THAT "adult", though there are some jokes about Judy Jetson and Rosie being lesbians and casual smoking in some of the music videos.
>>
Nreboot.com/r/CNR

Just gonna put this here
>>
>>80856188
It's stiff Flash animation. Nothing odd about it.
>>
>>80838487
> hongkong phooey
> garbage
I disagree
>>
>>80836921
TRA LA LA- LALALA- TRA LA LA - LALALA
>>
>>80858833
It was that.
>>
>>80862402
Thanks! I really appreciate it. Yea they did like, Tom and Jerry, Smurfs, and I think Top Cat more than I can remember. They usually picked Jerry instead of Tom. That triggered me.
>>
>>80862470
god damn what the fuck was that
>>
>>80862524
Might have been a side thing he did and it just took awhile for the promo to air. Might have been on the backlogs for a bit.
>>
I remember they wouldn't air live action at all. Not even commercials. The first time they aired a live action commercial I was like "wtf is this bullshit."

They also had one ad where they said other networks would cut two minutes of every Flintstones episodes. "Two minutes? You know how much time is that?"
>>
Does anyone remember an early 2000s channel (don't know when it actually started, could've been before the 2000s) that had no commercials and played cartoons? Played Tiny Toons and stuff like that, maybe Digimon.

I can't remember it for the life of me but remember being a kid watching it.
>>
>>80867009
Forgot to add, maybe it was early Nicktoons or the actual Nickelodeon channel, but.. I think Nickelodeon had commercials already, so maybe Toons?
>>
>>80865913
>backlogs for a bit.

Yeah, Scream was 1996, so maybe he recorded it around then or something. A Scream parody in 2000 is pretty late, now that I think about it.
>>
I actually found this in a goodwill last year, or maybe the year before, I don't know, time flies. I might post some scans of the tape when I get home, currently visiting family.

I actually have a bunch of nostalgic tapes. Some Sony Wonders VHS editions of nick cartoons, stuff like that.
>>
>>80868112
Link didn't take
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBxGSLqIuy4
>>
>>80862470
Speed Racer kinda fucked me up with the shitload of onscreen deaths that happened in it
>>
>>80868760

it was no more violent than Jonny Quest.

Which was crazy violent.

But not as violent as Real Adventures of Jonny Quest, which was insane for a 90s cartoon.
>>
>>80868790
how bad was the real adventures one?
>>
>>80868790
Shit the Real Adventures one was crazy

I actually remember watching Real Adventures with my dad cause he liked old time Hannah Barbera cartoons

He didn't actually ban me from watching it but he was clearly uncomfortable with the violence so I just didn't watch it after that
>>
>>80854774
That seems especially crazy because back then, what was the advantage of that? Nowadays you can go viral with a gag like that, but back then it really couldn't.

Otherwise, I don't remember much about old CN. Even once they started original programming, I watched Nick more. But I do remember being fond of Jabberjaw.
>>
>>80838210
That would have scared the crap out of me if I saw it back then.
>>
>>80836638
Honestly never really got into the channel until around the time Toonami started. Before that it was all 70's era Hanna Barbara stuff.

Only thing I really watched was the occasional Superfriends episode.
>>
>>80839370
CN Reboot, it's another stream like Toonami Aftermath. And is a sideproject of Nick Reboot.
>>
File: zzz.jpg (31KB, 828x655px) Image search: [Google]
zzz.jpg
31KB, 828x655px
As a kid, I used to get scared as fuck seeing "Cartoon Network" change to ZZZZZ in this Cartoon Network/TNT handover animation (1998):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBDxX4hvqqU

Another handover animation which I was frightened of was this one (1994):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEYy5MsKTrs
>>
>>80870275
NONTOXIC HOLY FUCK.
DUDE IVE MISSED YOU FROM GFG
Thank you you glorious bastard for posting in my favorite thread of the week.

Also have you posted that tidbit before about you being scared of the ZZ animation? I feel like someone mentioned that a few months ago. I agree, it looks off putting.

Also I thought you died.
>>
File: A8Bi8yKD.png (509KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
A8Bi8yKD.png
509KB, 1280x720px
>>80871324
Thanks anon, good to see you too man

>Also have you posted that tidbit before about you being scared of the ZZ animation?
Nope, this is the first time.

>Also I thought you died.
Just busy with my Master's degree studies, don't have a lot of free time lately. I'll be in for the Between the Pines /gfg/ livethread
>>
>>80871977
Nice. We've talked a lot, I'm the project anon. Glad to hear from you, and I recall the Studies information from before.

I wasn't aware /gfg/ was coming back for the Special, any more on that? I knew about the special but I thought /gfg/ was done for.
>>
>>80838604
Who's the voice who did the old bumps?
>>
File: 1428149025022.png (14KB, 530x444px) Image search: [Google]
1428149025022.png
14KB, 530x444px
>its Friday night
>you're not watching this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWptaJVsAaE
>>
>>80872550
I've been wondering things like this for a lot of channels.

Nickelodeon had many, so that's not really important, but Disney Channel over here in America had a very good actor, never could find who he was. He disappeared for awhile, and they got some other guy doing it. Here recently I found a channel called Laff TV, it has him voicing the "up next" and promos for the channel. Still can't find out who he is. Since I lost the Disney Channel, back in October, he might've came back or something, but I don't know.

Is there ways to find out the announcer who worked on these channels?
>>
>>80872613
What time did this usually come on?
>>
>>80872710
7PM on Fridays

Friday nights were a big deal.
>>
>Droopy started Cartoon Network during its launch
>the first cartoon to air was actually The Great Piggy Bank Robbery instead of Rhapsody Rabbit.
>>
>>80872727
NICE
DIGITS

Also it's 7:10 here. I was going to post
>"says you"
and have a picture of me with timestamp and card watching an old recording of them but it'd probably take too long.

Still though I just want my cozy Fridays back.
>>
>>80872550
>Who's the voice who did the old bumps?

Early 90s CN it was dixxied up between Carrot Top and Jeff Bergman.

Bergman:

https://youtu.be/drmFSCY0M-g

https://youtu.be/0ba5R7L67Ns

Carrot Top:

https://youtu.be/2S9FONMWjok
>>
>>80873136
>dixxied up

"divvied up"
>>
>>80873136
the fuck are those names

isn't carrot top some little girl
>>
File: carrot-top-net-worth4.jpg (34KB, 352x400px) Image search: [Google]
carrot-top-net-worth4.jpg
34KB, 352x400px
>>80873542
>isn't carrot top some little girl

In 1994 when he was working for Cartoon Network? Maybe.

Now? Jesus Christ, he fucked himself up with steroids like holy shit.
>>
>>80873831
Wait what? I heard Carrot Top growing up but always thought it was a little girl actor.

What the fuck.
Can someone go into detail for me? Who's this freak? Who is Bergman?
>>
>>80873897
>Wait what? I heard Carrot Top growing up but always thought it was a little girl actor.
>What the fuck.
>Can someone go into detail for me? Who's this freak? Who is Bergman?

Carrot Top is a famous American stand up comic whose routine involved prop comedy. He used to be really scrawny in the 80s and 90s, but somewhere around 2000 he got into bodybuilding and turned into that monster pictured.

Jeff Bergman is a voice actor. He was Bugs and Daffy on The Looney Tunes Show and is the current voice of Fred Flintstone.

When Boomerang first started, they got him as the announcer because he was the original CN announcer and Boomerang was supposed to mimic classic CN (at least at first).
>>
>>80873969
Perfect, I'm all caught up.
Thanks anon, that's helpful even though I could have looked it up myself. I didn't because my laptop fucks up any time I make a new tab. (lags like fuck and program doesn't respond)

Anyway, do you know anything about the old announcer for Disney Channel? I know he was around for 2006 but he was before and after too, I just don't know his official time range.
>>
>>80874091

Was it the same guy who did the Disney Home Video promos?

Because that was Brian Cummings.
>>
>>80874397
Maybe. I got a link now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q4OvccwRhs
This guy at the beginning, I only listened to a couple seconds so I don't know if the voicer changes.
>>
>>80874578

Oh, that's Cam Brainard.

He was also the announcer for Maximum Exposure and played Rotor in the second season of Sonic the Hedgehog.
>>
>>80874803
Thanks man! Seems Wikipedia has him labelled still as the head announcer for Disney, but I don't think he still does it unless his voice has changed.
>>
>>80873897
>Wait what? I heard Carrot Top growing up but always thought it was a little girl actor.

You may be mistaking that for Shirley Temple, who had the nickname "Curly Top"
>>
>>80875275
uh.. yep.
kek that's right
>>
>>80875275
Lmao, this fucking thread.
>>
>>80875573
Thanks for the bump.

What was the worst show on CN before the genuinely hated shows started popping up?
>>
>>80875702
I hated the shit out of Jabberjaw but a more acceptable answer would probably be Scooby kids
>>
>>80836638
Fucking awesome, but there was differwnt things out bevis and butthead was banned to most kids, cartoon sushi was the flavor of the month ren and stimpy was on both nick and mtv.
>>
>>80877147
naked beach frenzy
>>
VHS anon here, does anyone else have recordings of Old CN?
>>
File: these dubs.png (177KB, 702x476px) Image search: [Google]
these dubs.png
177KB, 702x476px
Why do people still care? The past is over and it wasn't that good to begin with.
>>
>>80876674
A Pup named Scooby Doo? Nah, that's got some appreciation due to it being the first "Meta" Scooby Doo media.
>>
>>80878771
It was Meta?
In what way? I haven't seen it in awhile.
>>
>>80872613
oh fuck my feels
>>
>>80879530
>feeling over this
literally why
>>
>>80870275
wuss
what the fuck that's childish to be scared of, why would you be a baby about it now?
>>
>>80880199
>reading comprehension
also this thread is pretty dead, I don't want it to die.

Though I have nothing to contribute.

The early CGI bumpers CN had was scary as fuck though.
>>
Nickelodeon had a better soundtrack for their bumpers.

That fucking Do-wop music was my childhood.
>>
File: i remember.jpg (97KB, 692x468px) Image search: [Google]
i remember.jpg
97KB, 692x468px
>>80855530
>>80837091
>>
I remember being sick a lot as a little kid, staying home from school and being up in the middle of the night and seeing a lot of fucked up shows I can't remember now. I think Gumby or shit like it came on a lot really late at night when I was like delusionally tired and had a fever.
>>
>>80881560
I remember being in High School, for the first time in my life I got an invitation from a friend to go do something aside from a sleep over. Go fishing. I was hyped as fuck but also a little nervous, due to what I guess is Social Anxiety. Turned out that morning I was going to school I had gotten sick as fuck and had to stay home. On the 40% plus side, my anxiety calmed down, 60% down side was I didn't get to do it.

I stayed home and watched My Gym Partner's a Monkey and what I think was Fosters that day. CN had a good selection. Monkey show wasn't the best but I always tried to have the tv on when Foster's showed up, towards it's end, it was hard as fuck to find it.
>>
>>80881672
Yeah, I'm talking about when I was like 8 or 9 years old in 98/99 and seeing weird shit at like 3 or 4 AM on Cartoon Network.
>>
File: 013.jpg (41KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
013.jpg
41KB, 720x480px
>>80878954
Red Herring, who existed to play up how transparent the mysteries usually were.
>>
>>80881738
How often did he show up? Was he the cause of some monsters?

Also chibi-like look is crazy bothering my eyes
>>
>>80881738
this looks like the teen titans go of the early 2000s
>>
File: lol charming sex adventures.png (674KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
lol charming sex adventures.png
674KB, 1366x768px
Disney was my hot spot for cartoons when I was younger, and before the internet was a bigger deal. Then this fresh hell happened during it's transitional stage and fucked my shit up.
>>
>>80857204
This kid pisses me off
>>
File: logo.png (1MB, 971x727px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
1MB, 971x727px
Taking away Boomerang was the worst thing they've done in years.
>>
>>80881771
He was in every episode, and was never involved with what was going on. He was just some kid Fred hated for no good reason.
Except the one time he DID do it, but Fred wasn't allowed to try to blame him because everyone was sick and tired of him blaming Red (and he didn't actually do anything that time anyways, IIRC)
>>
File: 1449396066271.jpg (12KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
1449396066271.jpg
12KB, 275x183px
>>80836638
>what was it like?
Nothing but shitty boring Hanna-Barbera shows with the exceptions of 2 Stupid Dogs & Scooby Doo. Cartoon Network didn't become good until the late 90's where they started experimenting through that Cartoon Cartoon program and shows like Dexter & Powerpuff Girls got their start. The 90's was largely Nickelodeon's decade.
>>
>>80883991
What decade was Disney's?
>>
>>80884082
I don't really know, much earlier I guess. I never cared about Disney but their movies have been well received for decades.
>>
I vaguely remember some shit from back then.

Like that commercial where Dog 1 was a convenience store clerk selling "toons", and there were jars of "toons" in the refrigerators.
>>
>>80884110
I'll assume the 80's

Nickelodeon really was the main deal in the 90's so I recall. If they would've kept that variety and FUCKING LOGO throughout the years to even now, people would probably not call it the worst channel ever.

They can't even get back to their roots correctly, remixing and vining all the bumpers they used to use for their 90's block.
>>
>>80883991
Why haven't they tried to bring back Cartoon Cartoon? Seems like letting people vote for shit again would lead to better shows.
>>
>>80881738
Man, Velma was adorable in this. EVERYONE was great in this. Looking back, though, I do find it unfortunate that Freddy wasn't a trap-autist. Though I suppose that wasn't really a thing until recent years.
>>
>>80884140
If I had to guess it's because the situation now isn't the same as it was in the 90's where they needed a drastic change to the whole network lineup because it consisted of nothing but reruns of really REALLY old shows. Right now CN already has a fresh(y) lineup with Gumball & We Bare Bears among other shows. It's also probably cheaper to gouge out what cartoons work best through focus groups rather than through a TV block.
>>
I'm worried this thread won't last until I wake up again (yea I'm the anon who said it last time) since I've had to save it from going into the Archives about 5 times.

You guys gotta keep this thing up, it's a nostalgia hot spot for when I need good motivation during the day.

If it dies, make a very similar thread for remaining.
>>
>>80884336
I don't want it to die either, but I'm about to fuck off too.
Would anyone mind linking their favorite bump? Trying to get a collection of this shit.
>>
>>80872613

This just reminded me that Ed Edd and Eddy has been off the air for 7 years now and it outlived everything else on that list by half a decade. Christ where has the time gone. I remember watching the last episode with /co/.
>>
>>80884413
I wouldn't call it my favorite, but there's this.
Saw it when I was younger and it fucking scared me.

There's a better quality version on youtube somewhere (probably just search Courage Cartoon Network Bumper [or ID]) but I'm just making this quick post before I sleep.

>>80884444
>last episode
The movie or the last episode episode? Also either way, /co/ had a thread for it??
>>
>>80884476
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-QLAzPCGr4
I am very tired. Link here.
>>
>>80884476

The finale I should have said. Yeah /co/ had a lot of threads about it leading up to the movie. That and the fosters finale were big news around here. A lot of the threads having to do with CNs declining quality related to both shows cancellations. Around 2010 they started jettisoning the shit out of their properties. It's strange now that Flapjack is regarded as being such an influential series considering it felt like they killed it off so soon.
>>
>>80856208

I GOTTA SECRET
SECRET
FORMULA
>>
>>80882263

>better than the original in every way

Checks out
>>
>>80884444
I miss EEnE, it really felt like it and a couple of other shows from around the same time were comfy as fuck without being boring. (KND being an example of another one)
But less comfy in terms of being non-threatening bullshit and more in kids being kid shit.
>>
File: 346357433.jpg (14KB, 184x200px) Image search: [Google]
346357433.jpg
14KB, 184x200px
>>80872613
>But first, here's a new episode of Johnny Bravo. Because heaven knows we don't see enough of him.
>NOT AS MUCH AS SCOOBY
>...ok, we don't see him as much as Scooby

Fucking kek. I can't believe they poked fun at how much they aired that shit.
>>
>>80885217

I can't believe how much they aired that shit. First half of the day was nothing but Scooby until Toonami came on. Turner bought the network to air the Hannah Barbera properties he had acquired and only ever wanted to play one fucking property.
>>
>>80836638
Kind of like older Boomerang, but with a lot more variety. Strange how most channels nowadays opt for the format of replaying the most popular show(s) for several hours straight "marathons," instead of giving a whole bunch of shows an equal chance.
>>
>>80880199
>As a kid
>>
File: p186026_b_v8_ab.jpg (296KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p186026_b_v8_ab.jpg
296KB, 960x1440px
>>80841341
But anon, CN has done even better.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrnTZdQVk1M

Creeped me out as a kid. Still a little unnerving now.
>>
File: 1386370124711.jpg (226KB, 711x800px) Image search: [Google]
1386370124711.jpg
226KB, 711x800px
Most of any given day was HB reruns. I think Nickelodeon actually had the rights to Looney Tunes reruns for a good chunk of CN's earliest days. I guess it wasn't so bad since there were so many shows to choose from. Flinstones, Scooby Doo and Smurfs got lots of airplay

Eventually Looney Tunes did come to CN. They also would air reruns from KidsWB like TazMania or BTAS

Late nights before [as] they would air Canadian cartoons and classic theatrical shorts with little factoids and commentary between the shorts. I believe Space Ghost Coast to Coast is actually CN's first original show, and that would also come on at nights with Cartoon Planet

They also liked doing themed marathons and blocks. Saturday afternoons was always the Super Chunk marathon. They'd pick a show, air it all day, and give you show trivia between commercials. Sunday nights they had a block called MysteryInc where they'd air shows like Scooby, Hong Kong Phooey, Inch High Private Eye, etc

The What A Cartoon show took off and CN started developing their own shows internally

When I was a teen and felt like I had outgrown CN, it was when most of the old reruns had been pushed off the channel and they'd spend 5+ hours a day rerunning the same episodes of Kids Next Door over and over again. I missed out on the Flapjack/Chowder era, but I came back around when Adventure Time and Regular Show were starting their second seasons
>>
During the earliest days (anyone remember the purple bumpers?) CN would just be one old cartoon after another. Lots of "shows" like Super Adventures were shorts cobbled together from random '60s Hanna-Barbera series - Space Ghost + Birdman + Galaxy Trio etc.

Space Ghost C2C was the first "original" show they made. It was just random CN employees fucking around, and it ended up launching a whole new subnetwork.
>>
>>80888568
The rights to Looney Tunes were split up for the longest time. There's one company called a.a.p. that bought one package, slapped its logo on it, and got sold about 5 years later. So half the Looney Tunes on TV said "a.a.p." instead of "WB" for almost 40 years after a.a.p. went out of business because nobody cared enough to change it back.

There was also the ABC package and the Nickelodeon package before Warner finally bought out all the contracts. The earliest Bosko cartoons were the cheapest and nobody would show them if they had color cartoons with real plots to show. I remember one ad for Looney Tunes on Nickelodeon: "More Bugs, more Daffy, more Porky, and no more Bosko! Sorry, Bosko."
>>
>>80872727
Fridays used to be the night for cartoons. What happened to that? Saturday mornings are gone, Friday nights are gone. What's left?
>>
>>80856208
Is that Will.i.am????
>>
CN should so a "Where Are They Now?" type of thing with all their 'classic' shows

Mike Lazzo
Created Space Ghost Coast to Coast and Cartoon Planet. His production company, Ghost Planet Industries, eventually became Williams Street and gave us Toonami and Adult Swim. Adult Swim is currently its own corporate entity, of which Lazzo is Vice President. It has spun off completely from Cartoon Network.

Craig McCracken
Originally hired by Hanna-Barbera for 2 Stupid Dogs, he convinced the studio to hire his friends Genndy Tartakovsky (Dexter's Lab) and Robert Renzetti (My Life as a Teenage Robot). McCracken produced The Powerpuff Girls for CN, and his buddies were also quite involved in the production of the show. McCracken later gave us Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and eventually left CN to work for Disney on Wander Over Yonder. CN has recently announced they are rebooting the Powerpuff Girls, but McCracken's contract with Disney prevents him from working on the show despite Wander being cancelled

Genndy Tartakovsky
Was brought to CN by McCracken to work on 2 Stupid Dogs. Gave us Dexter's Laboratory and worked closely with McCracken on Powerpuff Girls. He worked with CN for a long while, giving us Samurai Jack, Star Wars the Clone Wars shorts, and Sym-Bionic Titan. After Titan was cancelled, supposedly due to toy sales, Genndy went to work at Sony and made Hotel Transylvania 1 and 2. He was working on a big screen Popeye the Sailor movie, but word is that has been canned. Currently he is working on continuing Samurai Jack for Adult Swim's Toonami block
>>
>>80889150

Van Partible
Hired on by Hanna-Barbera to work on World Premier Toons/the What-A-Cartoon show. His short Johnny Bravo was selected to become a full series, and other What-A-Cartoon animators were put on his team, including Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy) and Butch Hartman (Fairly OddParents). The HB top brass liked the concept so much that Joseph Barbera worked closely with the production team. JB went on for quite a while on CN. After cancellation, Partible was selected to be in charge of Cartoon Network's Asia division, and uses his free time to teach animation at his alma mater, Loyola

David Feiss
Actually joined HB back in the 1970s as a kid, he worked on the 80s reboot of The Jetsons with John Kricfalusi. The two went on to work on Ren and Stimpy before Nickelodeon canned Kricfalusi's production company. Feiss returned to HB and made Cow and Chicken which eventually spun off to I Am Weasel. He has worked as a storyboarder or artist on lots of projects outside of CN since then, but most recently was the director of Open Season: Scared Silly
>>
I don't know if I saw it that early...I just remember early stuff being 2 stupid dogs...and secret squirrel? This is before Johnny bravo and dexter lab...there may have been cartoon cartoon.

I remember speed racer, Hannah Barbara stuff...I actually liked banana splits. I think at this time to on disney was thing and that had better programmung....if that helps.

I also watched space ghost coast to coast and cartoon plamer, but that came like 98 and 99 for me..

I think I was between 8-10 here
>>
>>80889584
I typed this on my phone. And it auto corrects :/ sorry for the dumb mistakes
>>
>>80888568
That's right they had Harriet and Marget huh?
>>
>>80881771
he was in literally every episode and of course he was never the monster, he was a red herring, that was the entire joke of Red Herring.
>>
>>80872613
>CN airing until 11
Boy, how things have changed.
>>
>>80889584
during the early years of cable Disney was a channel you had to pay extra for, like HBO
>>
>Born and raised in buttfuck nowhere northern canada
>Only american cartoon channels we got were Kids WB and Fox Kids
>Wonder what it's like to have this kind of nostalgia
>>
>>80890228
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVua05HeRsM

Here you go, anon.
>>
File: calendar-doge.png (237KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
calendar-doge.png
237KB, 640x480px
>>80852000
>>80852266
>>80852331
>>80852396
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xx5fz2_colossal-pictures-1994_creation
>>
>>80890228
I grew up with no cable in the southern US, only time when I got to experience Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network was when I was shipped over to my dad's apartment for the weekend

I've never had much nostalgia for Nickelodeon like other self proclaimed "90's kids", but I do have it for Cartoon Network and PBS
>>
>>80837175
God damn I hate Hanna Barbera so god damn much because of this shit.
I was so hyped to visit grandma's house because she got a CARTOON CHANNEL and this is the turd they served on my plate.
Now I have an estranged relationship with my own grandma.
Thanks, Cartoon Network.
>>
>>80872613
You'll never see cartoon character from other shows interact with one another unless two shows decide to do a crossover episode.
>>
>>80884561
I wish I could have seen those threads.
>>
Overall I really liked the presentation of cartoon Network way more than Nickolodeon. Like it felt like they respected your intelligence way more than Nick did. Nick was all about "KIDS RULE SLIME FART HAHA NOT FOR OLD PEOPLE BURP TOO GROSS US KIDS AM I RIGHT! SLIIIIIIME ROSI O'DONNEL HIP HOP MCDONALDS ". Even as a kid it felt weirdly commercialized and try-hard, like it was trying to get me to be part of a club; and a very transparent feel of being marketed to. With Cartoon Network I got the impression that they knew older people where watching to, and it was ok. Nothing like Toonheads or Toonami was on Nickolodeon.

Didn't like disney much either for similar reasons, but I loved Toon Disney, which had a similar feel to Cartoon Network early on.
>>
>>80888272
>all that reused animation
Also why would they make a cartoon about animals who are obviously suffering.
>>
>>80888568
I have some recordings that (i think) took place during Super Chunk, did they really give trivia between episodes and stuff? That sounds interesting.
>>
>>80889884
fucking 8 pm
>>
>>80891852
During the original Checkerboard format, yes. But I think they eventually got rid of that by the time the block rebranded during the Powerhouse shift iirc.
>>
>>80890596
Sounds like a faggot problem.

>estranged relationship with you grandma because she had a channel you didn't like
>>
I remember watching a weird ass animated short about a guy who was trying to deliver a pizza and was obsessed with getting tips(and he didn't get any), was that a pilot from early CN? I'm almost sure I watched that on CN
>>
>>80892140
Might have been a random commercial series, but I don't know it.
>>
>>80892140

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WScTY0GWiT0
>>
File: Banana-Splits.jpg (46KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Banana-Splits.jpg
46KB, 400x300px
>>80836921

Banana Splits always creeped me the fuck out when I was a kid.

Probable because the only times I would see it would be when I'd wake up in the middle of the night and there was just something super surreal about it. I would even know what was going on half the time because of the groggy state of mind I'd be in. It was like having a fever dream.
>>
>>80892193
Yeah, this one. Thanks lad
>>
>>80892193

I wish we still had a What A Cartoon equivalent. There's so many people working on CN's main series, it'd be fun to see what they could do if you gave them complete creative control over an 8 minute short, with the added incentive of if the short resonates well it could be picked up as a series

Plus, most of these people who went to school for animation just end up on cartoon writing and storyboarding teams, never again animating anything after graduation
>>
>>80892214
same here, there was even a flash game on CN's site back then (I think it was like pac man) that I wouldn't play because the faces freaked me out
>>
Did John K reincarnate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3uaGkrUtrM
>>
>>80892620
LOW LANDS
>>
>>80888839
Looney Tunes was a staple of television and then for about something like 4 years Looney Tunes wasn't on television at all.
>>
>>80892983
The Looney Tunes Show was the shit
>>
Those dark times when they aired either Scooby Doo or Flinstones all day for an entire week.
>>
File: heh mome.png (2MB, 917x1117px) Image search: [Google]
heh mome.png
2MB, 917x1117px
So what kind of nostalgia are we talking about? I have some stuff you guys don't seem to talk about (or maybe want to talk about)
>>
>>80836638
Pretty much just old cartoons and a shit ton of Speed Racer at night. Between that and Disney showing black and white cartoons only thing that was worth watching as a kid was GGW infomercials. tfw you gain a censorship fetish because of it
>>
>>80894999
>implying anyone likes that mess
>>
>>80894999
tails shouldn't be smiling
>>
>>80894999
>scrape your knuckles

but why
>>
>>80894999
>>80895946
Doesn't that mean like, rubbing it raw or against something and making it bleed or whatever?
Why the fuck
>>
nostalgia is for old men
>>
File: triggered.png (614KB, 785x583px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.png
614KB, 785x583px
>>80896618
cut it out, butthole
>>
>>80896618

Well who the fuck else do you think watches cartoons these days sonny?
>>
>>80897292
Any age group, actually.
>>
>>80882789
>2006 Disney
>Cartoons
If anything, this was pretty much around the time when Disney Channel would essentially premiere a cartoon and then shove it under the rug after about a season because "It's not Hannah Montana"

It was the pre-Gravity Falls age
>>
>>80897824
>pre-Gravity Fall age
oh you mean pre-2012, where every cartoon started getting made like the same bullshit but with lore
>>
File: sdms0181-9300_pg014.jpg (31KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
sdms0181-9300_pg014.jpg
31KB, 500x375px
2 Stupid Dogs was something I could only find on Boomerang between commercials, or maybe they just showed one short and something else unrelated to fill up a time slot, I don't know.

My point is I hardly saw it on TV and it was a pleasant surprise when I did.

This show was the original comfy Cartoon Network series.
>>
File: cool hot dog.png (507KB, 991x741px) Image search: [Google]
cool hot dog.png
507KB, 991x741px
>2 Stupid Dogs has better linework than I could ever do
>>
80's - Disney
90's - Nickelodeon
2000-2010 - CN
2010-2020 - ???

Help fill this out
>>
File: STRAWBERRY.png (430KB, 793x613px) Image search: [Google]
STRAWBERRY.png
430KB, 793x613px
>>80898876
This girl pisses me off.
I was never a fan of characters that said words and then screamed a select few of them for no reason. Also her design is fucking weird.

>>80899455
Netflix?
>>
>>80899676
spumco worked on that episode
>>
>>80899990
That doesn't surprise me, it looks really weird. Do you know what they did? Animation right?
>>
File: le.png (619KB, 1003x741px) Image search: [Google]
le.png
619KB, 1003x741px
>episode ends with them being mounted on the bear's wall
>unlike most times a cartoon does this, they don't move or say anything
>>
>>80900066
john k is directly credited in the red episodes for providing 'tidbits of bad taste'

a few spumco artists/boarders also worked on the show. i dont think spumco animated tho
>>
>>80900481
How many episodes are there with that fucking girl
>>
>>80900584
i believe 3

Red
Red Strikes Back
Return of Red
>>
>>80900678
Christ
why did they want her?

I'm rewatching all the episodes because I'm bored, I'll probably still watch those when I get to them.

I wish I could remember some other CN shows from the 90s - 2010 but I can't. Maybe Chowder..
>>
>>80900894

2 Stupid Dogs
Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast
The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Dexter's Laboratory
Powerpuff Girls
Cow and Chicken
Johnny Bravo
I am Weasel
Mike, Lu, and Og
Ed, Edd, and Eddy
Sheep in the Big City
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Time Squad
Samurai Jack
Whatever Happened to Robot Jones
Codename Kids Next Door
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
Evil Con Carne

I'm sure someone's gonna crucify me on whatever I missed
>>
>>80889150
I was really looking forward to that Popeye movie.
>>
>>80901129
I have no idea how I forgot all those shows. Thanks! Now I have stuff to watch for awhile, granted I can find them in decent enough quality.
>>
>>80901551
I heard it was going without him, he left because they wouldn't let him make it more cartoony like it used to be.
>>
>>80842101
If you have a smart tv that get apps I noticed that the cartoon channel for Pluto tv plays a few of the old CN shows.
>>
>>80889150
>but McCracken's contract with Disney prevents him from working on the show despite Wander being cancelled.
That contract has since been expired.

Paul Rudish was also at Disney but also went to AS to do Jack with Genndy canceling the Mickey shorts because of it.

Tom Ruegger and his crew left Disney after pre production of season 2 of 7D was done with, he is now back at Warner Bros as a VA said so.
https://twitter.com/Stephen_Stanton/status/595661162403991553

2 More Eggs is independent, meaning that The Brothers Chaps are producing the shorts themselves as Disney is not putting in 1 cent (meaning free programing for Disney)
>>
>>80901702
If you have a mom I'll fuck her. Otherwise get lost, who the fuck even knows what Pluto TV is.
>>
>>80901944
>Paul Rudish was also at Disney but also went to AS to do Jack with Genndy canceling the Mickey shorts because of it.

whoa ho ho, is disney on suicide watch?
>>
>>80898724
all i remember about 2 stupid dogs is there being an episode with the grand canyon and the ending being upsetting
>>
>>80902045
Pretty much, Lasseter wants to kill off the TV unit just like he did the DTV unit.
>>
>>80902086
uh what
>>
File: ss.png (453KB, 939x737px) Image search: [Google]
ss.png
453KB, 939x737px
There was something I always liked about characters with their eyes hidden or partially hidden where it looks like their expression is always annoyed or something.
>>
File: 4812039482.jpg (11KB, 180x163px) Image search: [Google]
4812039482.jpg
11KB, 180x163px
>>80872613
It's just sad to see how much effort Cartoon Network put into their whole network just over a decade ago. They would NEVER waste their time recording stuff like this for one block, because using pre-recorded stuff/clips and weird fan-submitted clips is so much more convenient and easy for them.
There was a point in time where Cartoon Network just stopped caring, and we just sat back and let them stop caring.
>>
>>80902819
Cartoon Cartoon Fridays, Toonami, Miguzi, Snick, Nick in the Afternoon... It was kind of a glorious time.
>>
>>80902934
It's pretty sad CN bumpers have been reduced to brain dead children going "I LIKE UNCLE GRANDPA BECUZ HES A UNCLE AND ALSO A GRANDPA AND AUSHDUFUIJASIOGFIOAS" for 10 seconds as a means of advertising how great their programming is
>>
>>80903082
It's cringe as fuck is what it is.
>>
>>80902819
the mooninite lite brites ruined everything
>>
>>80903422
Everybody says that, but I feel like it's more to do with the nature of the day and age we live in. I mean, look at Nick they sold themselves short too over the years because what they do now probably takes much less effort and is much more cost effective. If you ask me things like Flash animation ruined everything; it gave animators an outlet to be lazy and would later breed networks of lazy fucks.
>>
>>80902148
FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
>>
File: 1415827751269.jpg (43KB, 500x467px) Image search: [Google]
1415827751269.jpg
43KB, 500x467px
>>80856208
FUCKING PORK JAM HOLY SHIT THIS USED TO BE MY JAM AS A KID
>>
>>80837950
Did you get the free tiger poster anon
>>
File: exit, stage left.jpg (872KB, 1050x675px) Image search: [Google]
exit, stage left.jpg
872KB, 1050x675px
>>
>>80856208
I actually bought Soul Coughing's El Oso album because of Rolling and Circles.
>>
>>80903963
No I did not.
>>
>>80903295
>>80903082
I thought this was supposed to be a network for cartoons, not dumb kids talking about shit nobody cares about.
>>
>>80904748
For some reason Cartoon Network has some weird pride in their fanbase as if it's something to be proud of
>>
Can you guys just let this fucking thread die instead of terrible bumps? I know I'm bumping but if I don't someone will anyway, atleast I'm getting my point across.
>>
>>80838210
God does anyone remember one of the bumpers soon after this where the van pulls slowly into this town at night and there's a sleeping Indian and Fred winds down the window and goes-
>Psst...psst, hey mister...wanna buy some speakers?
>>
>>80905057
I don't think anyone besides them likes those bumps.
It'd be like if Adult Swim's bumps were a bunch of overweight neckbears doing bad impressions.
>>
Anyone remember that thing they did from the 2000 election, with characters giving stump speeches? I think Scooby won

>>80907308
I do, barely.
>>
>>80845047
I remember that, I think it was a way for them to play looney toons all day.
>>
>>80907568
They also did one in 2004, I'm pretty sure Ed won that one.
>>
>>80868112
go for it
>>
>>80870275
that second one was immaculate
>>
>>80872613
oh my god cartoon network is dead today
>>
>this thread
Wow talk about early installment weirdness.
>>
>>80891761
Yeah, and Nickelodeon's presentation is what made me grow out of them as I got older and moved over to CN. CN presentation was more mature at that time, and it had the CN City bumpers going on. It felt way less artificial. It was a good transition because Nickelodeon only produced two worthwhile shows in the entirety of their existence in my opinion (Ren and Stimpy and Spongebob)
>>
>>80903734
So that they can be reserved for features (see how big Zootopia is and how none of their TV shows as of now even come near it.), I expect Pixar to be next but not until Lasseter retires due to that Pixar is his baby.
>>
A LOT of Hanna Barbera. Yogi Bear is the first cartoon I remember watching.
>>
>>80841757
Was there really a time when Cartoon Network didn't play Scooby Doo? I had assumed it was always there since the beginning given how much they loved it.

I recall Scooby being the 90's-early 2000's equivalent to TTGo, they re-ran it and it's various spinoffs and movies on a near constant basis. It felt like every so often there would be another month long Scooby Doo marathon. They took any excuse they could to play the shit out of it.

So the fact that at one point it was a new thing to CN is actually pretty interesting given all that, in hindsight.
>>
I sort of wonder what it would've been like if [as] and cn had switched bumper styles for like a week.
Like around 2002-2003 or something.
>>
>>80908555
CN didn't play scooby for awhile, years, until after the network started.
>>80841757
>>
>>80908555
it was a huge event when CN played Zombie Island. it was the first new scooby in almost a decade

13 ghosts reruns were my jam though
>>
>>80908555
I vaguely remember it being new, and a time before it was played constantly. The boom of Scooby stuff like the DTVs and video games likely owe a large part to it. At the time Scooby had been gone long enough from basic TV to feel new to people in my generation. And there was so much content that it felt like you where always seeing something new. As much as I didn't care for it it really made sense and worked; its sort of what netflix does with TV shows. Buy up a bunch and encourage binge watching because, even though the shows aren't new, there's a high chance people haven't seen all the episodes.

The thing is, SD was successful for decades before, so its no surprise it worked in the 90's/2000's and still works now.
>>
>>80872613
Its kinda crazy when you consider all the work that went into this. Its obviously using a lot of stock animation(which was an ever popular trick for this stuff) but there's also scripting and actually composing all that stock animation together and getting all the voices recorded, which is pretty impressive considering CN probably had to commission the Canadian studio that did Ed, Edd, and Eddy whileJohnny Bravo was recorded in America.

Its weird how PPG has becoem the only long term survivor of this era in pop culture, considering it wasn't the longest lasting or even the most popular in its own era. Johnny Bravo was more popular(it even has two air slots). PPG didn't really seem to get popular until a few years before it ended. But I supposse it's one of the least overtly 90's of the era in terms of design.
>President Scooby

Ha that's another thing they actually tried to push.
>>
>>80908321
Except they've got Tangled and Big Hero 6 shows already in production.
>>
>>80908924
i think what also helped is CN didnt spam the scooby doo knockoffs before scooby

imagine if they reran jabberjaw all the time, and then switched to scoob. as kids we would all think scooby was the derivative one
>>
File: that feel galaxy.jpg (379KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
that feel galaxy.jpg
379KB, 800x600px
>>80872613
jesus where has the time gone?
>>
>>80840674
Back in 2000 there was a game on cartoonnetwork.com was called Scrappy Stinks, and it was a game where you literally just throw garbage at him
>>
>>80885572
>I can't believe how much they aired that shit. First half of the day was nothing but Scooby until Toonami came on. Turner bought the network to air the Hannah Barbera properties he had acquired and only ever wanted to play one fucking property.

It gets even worse: at the time, CN had been given exclusive rights to Looney Tunes, and totally shafted it in favor of Scooby, because CN had merchandising rights to Scooby and not to Looney Tunes.
This eventually led to the point at which Looney Tunes: Back in Action was released in theatres and CN refused to back it up or promote it with any Looney Tunes programming of its own, so the movie tanked—no thanks to CN. Yay, turf wars.

This was the beginning of the modern era in which Looney Tunes is a mostly forgotten nostalgia brand. The characters are still popular but not Disney level, not where most kids know who they are. It's hard to believe but that's how popular Bugs, Daffy and Porky were until about 2000, when CN fucked them over.
>>
>>80888839
>I remember one ad for Looney Tunes on Nickelodeon: "More Bugs, more Daffy, more Porky, and no more Bosko! Sorry, Bosko."

At the time Bosko had been one of the top Nick Looney Tunes stars. You're remembering an ad from around 1993 when they got rid of him.
MFW when your favorite channel doesn't just shit on your favorite character but makes fun of you for liking him
>>
>>80885217
>>80872613
if they decide to do something like this with modern cartoon network they need to make fun of the overuse of Teen Titans Go
>>
>>80891933
>Sounds like a faggot problem.
>>estranged relationship with you grandma because she had a channel you didn't like

Actual unashamed faggot here. Grandma and I are fine.
This freak you're talking about has an AUTIST problem
>>
>>80892214
>Banana Splits always creeped me the fuck out when I was a kid.
>Probable because the only times I would see it would be when I'd wake up in the middle of the night

Did you stick around? After it in the mid 1990s was "Late Night Black and White," a half hour of Popeye and Katzenjammer Kids cartoons. Yes, they really showed them.
>>
>>80909473
Last shows in their production schedule alongside that DuckTales reboot.

How it is being killed off is that they are getting rid of anything anything might find enjoyable and do the same thing that happen with the DTV unit, sooner or later people in the TV unit will jump ship to the feature unit and the TV unit will shut down because of it and the ever shrinking yearly budgets since Lasseter took over the animation department.
>>
>>80909985

I remember the Popeye shorts (loved those) not so much the Katzenjammer Kids. Never even heard of them until now.
>>
>>80910641
>Katzenjammer Kids
Friz hated doing them.
>>
>>80837175
Oh I remember that, the kid stays home from school and turns to cartoon network and the execs are all like "Oh shit, we need a cartoon."
So they try to call everyone but they're all out enjoying their personal time so they have to play an old Hanna Barbara cartoon
>>
>>80837259
Oh yeah, wasn't Yu Yu Hakasho on there or something, or was that just Saturday nights?
>>
>>80911017
Not at launch no.
>>
>>80909609
>tfw remember it but can't play it like you can the spray painting game of Lazlo, and the firefly game of lazlo.
>>
>>80909852
Never, they think this is actually good and see no problem with it.

Things have changed, the president, the main staff and all that. They literally think this TTGo shit is the best thing to happen to their channel since AT and RS started.
>>
>>80910185
You forgot to say Unit there, at the last one.
>>
File: screenshot_52.png (445KB, 904x471px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_52.png
445KB, 904x471px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEc4gDFHEBw
>>
>>80909985
they showed some Betty Boop shorts as well IIRC
>>
>>80911017
I think it was on AS then went to Toonami
>>
>>80898724
>tfw dad hated 2 Stupid Dogs so much he banned me from watching it
>>
>>80897824
>pre-Gravity Falls age

I actually think it was Phineas and Ferb that started that shift. Shit ran for years and Disney promoted it more than I've ever seen them promote a show.

Of course, it's gone under thar same rug now.
>>
>>80911870
Thanks for the heads up.

You think they are killing off Pixar with unneeded sequels? I don't think Lasseter will kill off his own baby.
>>
>>80909717
>. The characters are still popular but not Disney level, not where most kids know who they are.

Its kind of weird but now that disney is trying to do more with their characters the situation has been reversed. Now Mickey is allowed to actually be a character and the LT guys are reduced to just being on merchandise.

But honestly I think WB played a big part in killing the LT brand by whoring it out too much. Warner will stick Tweety and taz on any stupid ghetto trash and anything to make a buck. They went from being classics to being shameless merchandise.
>>
>>80912339
That was my parents with Ed Edd n Eddy and Tom and Jerry.

I'll never forgive them for the former. I saw some reruns years later and realized what I had missed out on.
>>
>>80912686
Disney is even worse spot then WB is the thing, at least Paul Rudish is now gone and Mickey can start redeeming himself.

Now to get rid of the video baby sitter.
>>
>>80912245
>thumbnail
still more animation than their current shows

>>80912701
I think I remember you from a thread a few months ago. Have you said this before on a "shows your parents didn't let you watch" (or something like that) thread some time ago?

>>80912400
I'm pretty sure it's just a "they like it? let's finish out what we got" thing. They still are making originals (to an extent, some plots are unoriginal as fuck, but you get my point) but Incredibles 2 was wanted by a lot of people for years. More than Cars 2 was.
>>
>>80912400
Non anon but I wouldn't really call Pixar's sequel's unneeded. I know people here hate Cars but it clearly means a lot to Lasseter. A lot of their sequels are more focussed on doing more with the characters than outright rehashing the first movie like the worst of the Disney sequels. basically if they feel they can do more with a property, the'll do so, whether they do so 5 years later or 10 years later. And honestly it'll probably work out better for them than stuff like the Good Dinosaur.

Really what's killing them is that they aren't the only game in town anymore. Disney's own CGI stuff is actually competent now. And they've become exceedingly efficient at making crowd pleasers.
>>
File: Space_Ghost_Coast_to_Coast.png (170KB, 382x447px) Image search: [Google]
Space_Ghost_Coast_to_Coast.png
170KB, 382x447px
It was just Hanna Barbara for days, but before that cartoons only existed on Saturday morning, it was like a drug that never ran out.

Also Space Ghost. That first aired in 94.
>>
>>80913030
Pixar has a schedule to follow and people "ONLY" wanted Incredibles 2 is the thing.

People did not mind Toy Story 3 was it was supposed to be a trilogy but everything else should of never happen.

The DTV unit died as they did things noone wants (Tinker Bell & Plains), the TV unit is next on Lasseter's kill list.
>>
>>80912976
Disney may push their marketing hard, but it's a thousand little needles. Warner will do something big and go and make Space Jam,a movie based of airbrushed T-shirts. its a much more public humiliation than baby stuff with Mickey copy art on them.
>>
>>80913195
Disney's feature unit is fine, it's the TV unit that needs to redeem themselves to what they were between 1985 to 1995 but instead Lasseter is slowly killing it.

I know Cars was Lasseter's Idea and that Cars 2 was something Pixar wanted to try out (a spy story) but failed at it but other then Toy Story 3 & Incredibles 2 nobody wants these sequels at all.
>>
>>80913547
Cars 2 was also Lasseter's idea. He kept imagining Mater getting into shenanigans on the international press tour and combined it with deleted scenes from the first film of a drive-in movie about a spy car

Cars is so much John's Pet Franchise that "Guy who helps maintain continuity across all Cars spinoffs" is an actual position at Pixar someone gets paid for.
>>
>>80913884
I know, they wanted to do a spy movie and they failed at it.

These post Toy Story 3 prequels & sequles are not only unneeded but they are hinting that they want to kill off Pixar with things noone wants.
>>
>>80914005
More like Bob wanting everything to be a fucking franchise tie-in. Just look at the new rumor about them planning to retheme the goddamn Tower of Terror to Guardians of the Galaxy.
>>
>>80913030
I think I did mention it on one of those threads, yeah. They thought EEnE was making us stupid and refused to let us watch it,

This is the second time an old post of mine has been mentioned in this thread, which is funny to me.
(first was this one >>80850093 )
>>
>>80914307
No, if that would to be the case Pixar would have not done those prequels & sequles.

Pixar being killed off is a long ways away when the TV unit is set to be killed off in the future (I say 2018).
>>
This thread is now over 500 post, part 2 is here >>80914602
>>
>>80914463
You don't get eternal franchises out of standalone movies. Disney's plan is making Star Wars and Marvel movies until the end of time. You can bet something like Toy Story will go on that list too.
>>
>>80914646
Yes you can, just look at Frozen.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 300x360px
>>80838604
>There's a channel on You Tube (can't direct link cuzza RULES)
>because of the rules you can't direct link a YouTube channel on 4chan
The fuck are you on about?
>>
>>80914712
Frozen 2 just started recording anon.
>>
>>80914854
I know, at least Frozen 2 was expected.
>>
VHS Anon here, main poster of nostalgia throughout.

This thread was amazing, may the next one be worthy of it's title as a continuation.
>>
>>80915689
Thank you.

Part 2 here >>80914602
>>
File: 1458147605499.png (10KB, 591x505px) Image search: [Google]
1458147605499.png
10KB, 591x505px
>all this positive cartoon network talk
>>
>>80917161
Please move it to part two, thank you.
>>80914602
>>
File: haruua.png (25KB, 591x333px) Image search: [Google]
haruua.png
25KB, 591x333px
>>80917237
Please don't tell me what to do, thank you.
Thread posts: 520
Thread images: 88

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.