[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never watched anything from DCAU. Do I need to watch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: JusticeLeague.png (622KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
JusticeLeague.png
622KB, 1280x720px
I've never watched anything from DCAU.
Do I need to watch it in release order starting from Batman TAS or can I just jump straight to the series I want to watch without missing anything?
>>
>>80777365
You can just jump to the series you want

>why BTAS is not the series you want is beyond me, though
>>
>>80777423
I just want to see Justice League beating the shit out of the bad guys.
Never been much of a batman fan.
>>
>>80777459
if you're not a batman fan, just watch the darkseid episodes of superman, then move onto justice league
>>
>>80777365
You need to watch Legacy from STAS before JL and Starcrossed from JL before JLU.
Aside from that you are fine with any order
>>
BTAS isn't really that necessary, but I'd suggest watching STAS. Really great series, and showcases a lot more of the DCAU.
>>
From what I've seen

BTAS has no overarching plot (perfect material for when you want to see a cartoon without paying too much attention).
JLA and JLAU don't either, but episodes are more connected (though there is a connection to Batman Beyond in a movie, from what I can recall)

Batman Beyond DOES have a plot, but it also has a lot smaller stories throughout.

They're also all amazing, and worth watching.
I guess if you need an order
BTAS=STAS=JLA>JLAU>BB
>>
Why not be autistic about it?

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/fan-made-timeline-for-entire-dcau-including-comics.5254541/
>>
>>80777365
You should really try BTAS, it is amazing. Batman beyond would come next.

Even if you start with JL then JL Unlimited you will prolly come out a batman fan anyway, he has many great moments.
>>
File: this nigga gets me.jpg (10KB, 288x306px) Image search: [Google]
this nigga gets me.jpg
10KB, 288x306px
>>80777585
God dammit I love that people this obsessed exist
>>
I would just watch in broadcast order. The continuity isn't that big of a deal since they do catch you up with some info dumps along the way, but STAS, JL, and JLU in that order is probably best just so the full context of the Cadmus arc is felt.
>>
Also what about the movies? Do they tie-in with the series or are they completely standalone?
>>
BTAS is great, but lots of its episodes are hit or miss.

You should watch some of the best BTAS episodes, and some STAS to get a sense of the characters.
>>
>>80777459
justice league is the worst one i'm afraid. censorship had gotten the most extreme by then
>>
>>80777795
Completely standalone
>>
>>80778276
Mask of the Phantasm ties into the Epilogue episode actually
>>
>>80777641
I watched through it this way, it was pretty good. I moved the Legion stuff sooner so Epilogue would be the finale. Worked really well.
>>
File: 1458002732519.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1458002732519.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>80778061
Eh, didn't feel like it harmed it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.