[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /co/. A couple of months ago, there was a discussion about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 18

File: maxresdefault.jpg (167KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
167KB, 1024x768px
Hey /co/. A couple of months ago, there was a discussion about a universe where Marvel and DC heroes coexisted on the same earth. I'd like to continue that. What stories/eras do you feel would mesh together the best? Stories you'd like to see?
>>
>>80744317
Spiderman being arrogant about his spidey sense until he gets wrecked by Flash. Just because you see it coming doesn't mean you can react in time.
>>
I reckon Spidey and Supes would be best buds.
>>
>>80744375
Peter Parker would be Clark Kents photographer. I'd read the shit out of that comic.
>>
I loved the whole thing with
>Jonathan Kent fought in WW2 in the howling commando with Captain America
>Clark is raised admiring Cap
>Cap gets defrosted around the time Clark is already active as Superman
>He admires all the good he did when he was gone
>They just become fans of each other
>>
>>80744416
Better, Jimmy Olson is Spiderman
>>
>>80744499
That makes more sense. And is amazing.
>>
File: 1427526907425.jpg (1MB, 1989x3054px)
1427526907425.jpg
1MB, 1989x3054px
I was thinking about how Kingdom Come and Civil war could 'canonically' take place in the 90's. Peter is getting older is about to retire, when some new spider punk dressed in black is beating super villains half to death to make a name for himself. Nick Fury's kid is taking over shield. Shit like that.
>>
Green Lantern and nova corp are at war
>>
>>80744796
They are at war over sectors to protect. The energy being thrown about from the war awakes the ancient being known as Galactus.
>>
>>80744478
does it really make sense for Superman's Earth-dad to be an lit soldier?
>>
>Venom is an attempt to recreate the Super Soldier Serum
>The Green Lanterns arguing jurisdiction with the Nova Corp
>Aquaman and Namor battle for the crown of Atlantis
>Captain Marvel and Captain Mar-Vell hangin out fightin crime
>>
>>80744478
>>Jonathan Kent fought in WW2 in the howling commando with Captain America
That would make him a bit too old.
>>
>JSA with Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkman, Captain America, Namor, and Human Torch
>New Teen Titans with Robin, Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, Thrasher, Namorita and Thrasher
>>
>>80744317
>Stories you'd like to see?
anything as long as Superman does not exist in that universe.
Nothing against him personally, but his being the first superhero, the ideal of a superhero and all that shit like that sucks the life of everyone else. He's too big and ends up overshadowing everyone except Batman.
>>
>>80744317
A young clark kent meets Prof. X who helps guide him and learn about his powers for a short time.
>>
Captain Atom and the Hulk were created in the same explosion.

Military gets hold of dilusteel and wants to test its radiation resistance. Hire Bruce banner to develop a gamma bomb to test it. Put Nathaniel Adams in the pod they design and when Bruce learns there's a live human subject inside he tries to get him out and gets blasted, turning into the Hulk.

Some time later, Adams reappears as Captain Atom and is immediately roped into becoming an anti-Hulk weapon under General Ross. Nate thinks he's being a good soldier and defending his country against a rampaging monster, until he realizes it was the man who tried to save his life.

I figure these two would be a great rivalry. Nate is strong and durable enough to be in Hulk's weight-class and he can just drain the radiation out of Hulk as they fight.
>>
>>80747757
You have a staggeringly feeble imagination.
>>
>>80745202
>>Venom is an attempt to recreate the Super Soldier Serum
You realize Venom and Captain America are both marvel right?
>>
Cap meeting back up with his old friends in the Justice Society after being thawed out
>>
>>80749553
He's talking about Bane's drug, you fool
>>
>>80749608
my bad, pham
>>
>Red Hood and Punisher Destroy The Combined Universe
>>
>>80744317
I'd like to see Batman going after Frank.
>>
File: batmanpunisher18.jpg (436KB, 774x1200px) Image search: [Google]
batmanpunisher18.jpg
436KB, 774x1200px
>>80749717
>not frank going after batman
>>
>>80744352
Spidey was actually on the other end of that in Marvel Adventures Spider-Man. Emma Frost could read his mind to find out what he was going to do next, but still couldn't react fast enough to it.
>>
>Bruce Wayne goes on vacation or something
>Peter Parker is visiting Gotham
>Joker attacks
>Spider-Man fights him
>Joker gets really pissed that someone is funnier than him and isn't taking him seriously
>Eventually gets frustrated and turns himself in, saying he'll break out once Batman gets back
>>
>>80749822
But that's Frank going after The Joker?
>>
>>80744416
It'd be like if Peter and Steve Rogers worked a day job together.
>>
>>80750008
I'm going after you. Watch your fucking back senpai
>>
>>80744317
Do the nice civilians fight the mean ones?
>>
File: 1436288699814.jpg (502KB, 1700x1313px)
1436288699814.jpg
502KB, 1700x1313px
>Green Arrow and Hawkeye competing to see who the better archer is
>Ray Palmer and Hank Pym discussing shrinking
>Swamp Thing vs Man-Thing
>Diana and Hercules
>Inter-galactic politics of the various empires an civilizations
>Darkseid going after the Infinity Gauntlet to breach the Source Wall
>>
>>80744317
Is there a DC equivalent to adamantium?
>>
>>80747757
Actually this brings up another idea, what happens if only one or some DC characters exist in a Marvel Universe or only one or some Marvel characters exist in a DC universe? Like for instance it's implied the Batman/Captain America crossover took place in the Generations universe, so that means Captain America and Bucky and Red Skull exist there. But there's no sign of any other Marvel characters (unless Byrne does any more crossovers taking place in that universe).

So what if there's a Marvel Universe where only the Batman/Marvel crossovers were the only DC things that happened there? Or imagine a Marvel universe where the Charlton characters (Captain Atom, Nightshade, Blue Beetle, Peacemaker, The Question, etc) were the only DC characters around and they were active in the 60's while most of the Marvel universe started in the 00's or something (and legacy to DC's version of the Charlton heroes exist, like Renee Montoya and Jamie Reyes, so they're active around that time).

Or imagine a version of DCU where it's like the Pre-Crisis Earth-2 or Generations stuff that has Superman, Batman, Robin, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman on the Justice Society, but the DC Silver Age heroes never came to be (no Barry Allen, Hal Jordan, Ray Palmer, and so on) and instead it's the Fantastic Four that launches the Silver Age of superheroes, with all the Silver Age Marvel characters following afterwards. How drastically different would the lives of the Silver Age Marvel heroes be since people were used to superheroes in the 1940's?
>>
>>80749462

I'd read that comic. Sounds cool.
>>
>>80751905

The DCU is far more used to the idea of people using superpowers for good since they had a large number of active, public heroes during WWII, which laid the groundwork for people seeing superheroes as just people fighting for the common good against oppression and evil.

Whereas Marvel has a few golden age heroes, but its biggest teams came about in the 60's and 70's during times of counter-culture revolution, and so they're treated with a little more distrust.

If Marvel had a larger presence of varied superheroes like the DCU early on in its history, it's safe to say that the X-Men for example wouldn't be hated or feared (as much). Hell the DCU's civilians don't really give a flying fuck if you wake up one day being able to fly and shoot lasers out of your eyes, and it's almost EXPECTED that you put on a costume and go be a hero.
>>
The new combined company finds its best selling book that smash all the records it's the monthly series "she-hulk and power girl scissor"
>>
>>80749995
No Joker would freak out and end up making his own defeat more humiliating.
>>
Who would be part of the Illuminati in a combined universe?
>>
>>80749995
>>80752464
Do you guys think Pete and Terry would get along? Both of them started to put focus into personal responsibility and heroism when their father-figure was murdered, and both of them suffer from spreading themselves between their night life and their relationship.
>>
>>80749822
That's not the real Frank Castle, he wouldn't have hesitated.
>>
>>80751005
>Green Arrow and Hawkeye competing to see who the better archer is
>Bullseye shows up and humilliates them both, while killing deadshot somehow.
>>80751827
Yeah, Batman.
>>
>>80752807
Batmantium?
>>
>>80752182
>>If Marvel had a larger presence of varied superheroes like the DCU early on in its history, it's safe to say that the X-Men for example wouldn't be hated or feared (as much).
Except not really, the social commentary is an intrinsic part of what made the X-men happen at all.
>>
>>80752823
He is the night,
>>
How about Batman working with Black Panther for Batman Inc.?
>>
>>80752958
>t'challa
>working for anybody but the people of Wakanda
We wuz kings and shit
>>
File: The Murder Knight.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
The Murder Knight.webm
3MB, 720x480px
>>80750311
Why not:
>Clark works as a report for the Daily Planet
>Peter works as a Photographer with Jimmy
>Steve is the in-house cartoonist and also runs an advice column
>After work, they all fight crime.
>And then buy some sushi because fuck it's been a long day.
>>
>>80753067
>world-wide global initiative to fight crime
>implying T'challa wouldn't want any of that
>partnership with Batman Inc.
>working with Batwing
>>
>>80747325
All the better, we can dial back the time scale and set things primarily in the 80's/90's.

I love recent-historical settings!
>>
>>80752614
They'd be constantly ribbing each other, but I can see them making a great duo
>>
>>80753432
>Terry and Peter vs. Ressurected Joker
>Joker keeps trying to make jokes
>Peter and Terry ping pong and laugh at how much better they could be
>Joker becomes an hero
>>
>>80744796
>Green Lanterns are feds
>Novas are cops with local responsibility
>they both hate and despise each other, while still having to work closely together
>>
>>80747575
gee Bill, TWO trashers?
>>
>>80753516
>>80744796
Space buddy cop w/ Hal and Dick when?
>>
>>80753067
>Wakandans vs Gorillas

maximum chimpout
>>
Something with Deadpool and Dethstroke like a buddy comic and maybe get Spider-Man and Bat-man involved, I haven't thought about how it would go
>>
File: 1331979058368.gif (630KB, 253x225px)
1331979058368.gif
630KB, 253x225px
>>80749462
>>
File: cartoon-jameson-2135.jpg (31KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
cartoon-jameson-2135.jpg
31KB, 400x300px
>>80753072
Here's the real question.
Would J. Jonah Jameson and Perry White be competitors, or partners of some kind?
>>
>>80754346
I would think friendly rivalry
>>
>Spidey and Dick team up
Would the world be ready for the ass?
>>
>>80754816
no
>>
>>80753960
Deadpool and Deathstroke troll the Teen Titans
>>
idk but i'd pay a million dollars to read Blackest Night: Spider-Man.
>>
Who'd be the best Marvel character to be on the receiving end of Blue and Gold's pranks?
>>
>>80755345
The Watcher
>>
Lex Luthor and Doctor Doom discuss world domination via letters.
>>
>>80754346
Competing companies but they're friends whenever they meet at events.
>>
>>80756494

I'd like to think of it as a friendly rivalry. Like they have the utmost respect for each other, but still constantly try to outdo the other in trying to get the best scoops.
>>
>>80744352
>Spiderman being arrogant about his spidey sense until he gets wrecked by Flash. Just because you see it coming doesn't mean you can react in time.
Already been done and better with Mr. X and Quicksilver.
There is no way you could ever top the satisfaction of seeing Mr. X get beat to a pulp in hand to hand combat.
>>
>>80751827

Well they have a few fictional metals. Nth Metal comes to mind.
>>
>>80756659
Ida know anon, I feel like >>80756494
would be more accurate, seeing as how JJ hates spidey with a passion and the planet sucks supercock every other edition. They'd both be trying to convert the other.
>>
>>80744478
>>Jonathan Kent fought in WW2 in the howling commando with Captain America
>>Clark is raised admiring Cap
>>Cap gets defrosted around the time Clark is already active as Superman
>>He admires all the good he did when he was gone
>>They just become fans of each other

No thanks, i dont want superman admiring a SOLDIER. Fuck off.
>>
>>80749717
He did, in JLA/avengers.
In fact after telling everyone not to fight and try to change the marvel universe batman brakes his own rules and destroys Punisher for half an hour.
>>
>>80751827
>Is there a DC equivalent to adamantium?

Well... The thing is... There's nothing superman can't breake.
>>
>>80756494
>Competing companies but they're friends whenever they meet at events.

>guy that print lies and guy that hates yellow papers
>friends

White would hate JJJ.
>>
File: 1312301911005.jpg (360KB, 1100x424px) Image search: [Google]
1312301911005.jpg
360KB, 1100x424px
>>80744317
Pg and Spidey so I can sail my old ship again.
>>
File: awaken.jpg (18KB, 284x285px)
awaken.jpg
18KB, 284x285px
>>80761560
Surprised the pants aren't ripped to shreds, also

>new cross-company ship
>>
Tony Stark sponsors Roy Harper in AA (which also deals with drug abusers)

this causes Oliver Queen no shortage of rage and distress as his ward associates and is even on good terms with a (former) industrialist war profiteer.
>>
>>80761560

Why? Is Spider-Man your self-insert or something?
>>
>>80744317
Punisher/Red Hood team up
>>
>>80761560
Goddamn I don't know why this pairing works so well for me but... damn.
>>
>>80754346
I don't think Perry would take kindly to Jameson's blunt slandering of spiderman unless we pull the "Jameson is spidey's mentor" thing
>>
>>80761505
They aren't lies. They're just HIS truths.
>>
>>80761947

Because you identify as Spider-Man and find the idea of Power Girl attractive.
>>
>>80744317
Batman tracks a criminal enterprise to hells kitchen causing him to cross paths with Daredevil.

Seriously a fucking little daredevil/batman crossover would be goddamn wonderful. With them first coming to blows in typical comic book first hero meeting style, then later teaming up to take down the villain in question. Maybe even have some conspiracy involving the hand/league of assassins of court of owls.
>>
>>80762099
>Super intelligent
>Married a wonderful, loving super model
>Tons of friends
>Half the universe wants the Spi-D

Yeah I really DON'T identify as Spider-man.
>>
>>80761420
honestly I don't see Bruce standing up to frank in a fight once frank has his measure.
>>
>>80762215
The you need to read more comics.
>>
>>80762272
No I've read plenty of comics. Bruce has no business being on the justice league except to provide funding. At the very best he's frank equal except in having overly specific gadgets for a given situation.

Frank has as much training as he does, arguably more if you have him as a vietnam war vet and collecting crap like youth serum and paperclipping villian gadgets for his war on crime.

Bruce has what, Power Creep? Pretty much all he has on Frank is writers giving Bruce way too much competence for a given situation, when was the last time you saw Bruce do detective work in the comics? I mean pops up every now and again when writers remember that his main thing is tracking down criminals and stopping them with his wits but these days a lot of the time you see him as a less interesting Iron Man with the gadget creep and fanboyism letting him just waltz through situations he really should be struggling with.

Frank is a brutal fighter who will usually go for the kill. (barring his own personal code which tends to boil down to "only kill people who deserve it) he never takes breaks, he tends to have less support. In general he honestly should be a better fighter than bruce.
>>
>>80762134
The first time i read the Crossover back in the day i was mad bruce could hide from Matt's senses. Then i remembered he has shit to hide from superman so my autism went down. I actually want more a Nightwing x Daredevil. Same for Spiderman being part of the original Teen Titans.
>>
>>80762413

Sure m8, go make a thread about that.
>>
>>80762413
Frankfags are funny.
I guess Steve has no business in the avengers
>>
File: 1259444028588.jpg (99KB, 391x430px) Image search: [Google]
1259444028588.jpg
99KB, 391x430px
>>80761629
>>80761947
It's a pretty old ship, I don't remember how the fuck we came up with it but we did and at the time everyone agreed that PGxSpidey would be a cute pair.
>>
>>80762689
nah, just sick of seeing bruce step into a comic and take a powerhouse role when clark is right next to him. If he's standing next to a guy that can lift mountains he should be doing detective work or stealth work not punching things. He does a lot of punching things when he should be doing anything but.
>>
File: detective.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px)
detective.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>80762413
>when was the last time you saw Bruce do detective work in the comics?
Pretty much every week, he was playing the detective in space in this week superman/batman
>>
>>80762808
And you keep showing you don't read comics. The thing you are saying? never happens. it hasnt happened in the League since Kelly's
>>
>>80762746
>I don't remember how the fuck we came up with it
I think the discussion was along the lines of 'Peter would be happiest with a GF too powerful to ever get fridged'
>>
File: 1426903371814.png (532KB, 446x686px)
1426903371814.png
532KB, 446x686px
I feel like a good starting point for the universe would be with Peter Parker's first year at Gotham University. Its the mid 70's, Pete has been Spidey for about four years, and he's in a new city.
>>
>>80762893
You know to this day I still believe he would. Which is kinda why I liked the whole Ms. MarvelxSpidey thing that was going for a while before it got violently sunk with a double whammy.
>>
File: 1433553093965.png (165KB, 256x364px) Image search: [Google]
1433553093965.png
165KB, 256x364px
>>80761691
Everytime Oliver gets on the rag about it, people ask him "So, how did YOU help him?"
Cue excuses and he leaves.

(Green Arrow gets on my nerves)
>>
Etrigan as the leader of the Fantastic Four
>>
>>80761691

I don't want to be an ass. But tonywould be considered a bad guy, a villian.
>>
I bet they would be best friends.
>>
>>80744317
>Frank West kills Joker
>Batman shrugs and moves on with his life, in a year's time he forgets about Joker entirely when he meets him again when Joker's been raised as a zombie.

I know it's contrary to all the comics, media, etc. so far, but I would like to see it where Batman does NOT always go out of his way and bend over backwards to save some of the worst of his rogues gallery and just accept "can't save everyone".
>>
>>80764004
>just accept "can't save everyone".

Then what is the point of Batman and Superman??

Fuck off gentry
>>
>>80749995
you do realize spidey fought the joker once
>>
>>80763836
All the better to see him and Roy struggling with addiction together. He could be more like Captain Cold with a no kill code and just tries to constantly impose an order no one wants.
>>
>>80764611
Did he job?
>>
>>80767155
You know that you can't job to the joker right?

You either stop his plans or you don't. Fighting him is always the easy part
>>
>>80744317
Apocalypse has something to do with Hawkman and Hawkgirl; maybe causes their reincarnation mutation?
>>
>>80755482
Each letter is also a different assassination attempt, and they dryly congratulate each other surviving in the following letters.
>>
>>80744737
I'd like this, and seeing legacy heroes taking over for both Marvel and DC
Bring in Dickbats or Damianbats
>>
>>80750311
>It'd be like if Peter and Steve Rogers worked a day job together

And that would be the tightest shit ever, why the fuck haven't they done this yet?
>>
>>80770855
>We'll never get Cap, Peter and Pym setting up a superhero resources organization that offers training, repairs, medical aid, therapy, legal consultation and PR advice for independent capes in need of help
>>
>>80744317
I had this. Giant sized Superman vs Spiderman. Lost in a burglary. Haunts me to this day. :/
>>
>>80770991
people have no fucking shame
>>
>>80770855
Because Marvel is bad at using their characters. Like, even before the recent wave of "progressive comics" that piss off the fans they just don't know what do do with them. We never got a proper Parker Siblings comic either. Closest we've gotten is Scarlet Spiders, but... Spider-Verse. Ehhhhh.
>>
>>
>>80770991
who the hell burgles a house and steals the comic books?
>>
>>80771084
Someone who wanted to crush a little boys entire life. Not just priceless comics, either. All my flair ultra cards, marvel masterpieces original series, etc. Old sgt fury comics featuring Hitler, a lot of first appearances... God it sucks to think about.
>>
>>80771105
must have been someone who had a personal grudge, then
or it was actually your parents
>>
Kang is slightly annoyed by that guy he sees every goddamn time Vandal Savage[/spoiler
>>
Julibee x Tim Drake
Would like to see Quicksilver losing to Flash and then trying to utilize the Speed Force
>>
>>80771117
A lot of stuff was taken. My moms jewelry, my dads sports memorabilia, etc. I think someone just knew it was there somehow. It was over 20 years ago now. Who knows.
>>
>>80771140
And then you became the Punisher right? If not, you should.
>>
>>80752958
There wouldn't need to be a Batman, Inc. In a joined universe- it would be very different if it did exist. Batman Inc. Gives the DC universe the street level people it needs, but Marvel's got about a thousand to spare.
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.