[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how is this going to work continuity wise? They keep saying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: DC_Rebirth.jpg (77KB, 1024x689px) Image search: [Google]
DC_Rebirth.jpg
77KB, 1024x689px
So how is this going to work continuity wise? They keep saying it's not a reboot but I haven't read any information about whats actually going to happen other then a whole mess of relaunched books. Are they going back to pre-Flashpoint continuity or what?

Also general Rebirth specula thread. Wonder con in two weeks so we are close to getting some answers on this whole mess
>>
>>80654513
>Are they going back to pre-Flashpoint continuity or what?
No.
>>
>>80654513

They are never ever ever ever going back to pre-New 52 continuity. It would be incredibly confusing and not profitable at all.
>>
>>80654513
>So how is this going to work continuity wise?
It's going to be the current continuity, probably with some tweaks here and there
>>
>>80654513
>Are they going back to pre-Flashpoint continuity or what?

I swear, I've seen this exact question (phrased exactly like this) like 5 times now.

And every time, the answer is No.
>>
File: image.jpg (352KB, 1107x1108px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
352KB, 1107x1108px
>>80654513
It's current continuity. They're just going to introduce popular pre-Flashpoint elements back for things that didn't work. Like how Nubo has slowly morphed into old Lobo.
>>
l Rebirth is i think is 3 years in the future.
>>
I guess they'll just recreate legacies in current continuities. The most controversial thing Didio said will probably be making Wally great again.
>>
>>80654734
Where you getting that from? Nobody has said anything about a time skip
>>
I've no idea how it'll work continuity wise, but I'm putting all my stock in that 80-page Rebirth comic Geoff Johns is supposedly writing, to explain everything to me. From what I understand, that's supposed to bridge current DCU and whatever Rebirth will be.
>>
Like Zero Hour and Infinite Crisis
>>
>>80655311
Parallax fixing everything again when?
>>
File: 1431307827957 - Copy.jpg (434KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1431307827957 - Copy.jpg
434KB, 500x750px
DC has done a really poor job of communicating that this isn't a reboot or a return to pre-Flashpoint, which is weird because they've said over and over literally that it isn't either of those things.

What it MOST LIKELY is is a continuity cleanup. That's basically what Zero Hour and Infinite Crisis were, just used to change some things around and clear out the trash continuity that's bogging down stories or that nobody cares about anymore. People say "DC reboots all the time!" but really the only time they've done that is Crisis on Infinite Earths in 1986 and Flashpoint in 2011.

Some examples of what continuity cleanup does: before Zero Hour the exact nature of the Golden Age DC stories was unclear because Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman had been retconned out of them, and until then characters like Iron Munroe were taking their places. Zero Hour just wiped all of them out of continuity and made only new JSA stories canon. Donna Troy's origin still didn't make any sense at that point so that was thrown out and changed.

In Infinite Crisis, Jason Todd was brought back to life, and the lingering threads of Golden Age Superman/Superboy/Alexander Luthor/Lois Lane were dealt with.

Small changes like that, also stories everyone would rather forget were given a chance to just be ignored going forward.

What I think will be done for Rebirth is that most of the things Lobdell made up for his Titans reboot will be fixed, Dick, Cyborg and Starfire's history with the New Teen Titans will be restored, Steph and Cass's history with the Batfam will be restored, Wally will likely be restored as Kid Flash, the timeline will be expanded to make Morrison's Batman and Johns' Green Lantern make sense again, the JSA may be brought back as WWII heroes, and some other things people hate about the New 52 like Firestorm and Blue Beetle III's stuff will be erased.

Unfortunately some good stuff like Azzarello and Chiang's Wonder Woman might get thrown out as well.
>>
>>80655208
yeah, Cereal God is going to explain it all with the single-most controversial panel of Didio's career, whatever the fuck that means.
>>
>>80655369
>DC has done a really poor job of communicating
Only if they're *trying* to communicate what it's about, and it's clear that they're not. They're just building hype and speculation.

It's pretty obvious that they have a plan for giving bits of information out over time.
>>
>>80655369
>DC has done a really poor job of communicating that this isn't a reboot or a return to pre-Flashpoint
They have literally said "it's not a reboot" multiple times, to the public

It's not their fault that people are so fucking stupid that when they hear "it's not a reboot" they run to the internet to ask if it's a reboot or not
>>
>>80655348
Maybe soon, he's around and pretty pissed
>>
>>80655369

So isn't there supposed to be a one-shot that'll detail all of this right?

> What I think will be done for Rebirth is that most of the things Lobdell made up for his Titans reboot will be fixed,

So basically his entire run and wipe it clean because none of it mattered.
>>
>>80655623
>So isn't there supposed to be a one-shot that'll detail all of this right?
yes

And it's only 3 dollars for like 80 pages
>>
>>80655588
>It's not their fault that people are so fucking stupid
if they're weren't so fucking stupid they wouldn't be DC fans desu senpai
>>
>>80655389
Return of ginger Wally
>>
>>80655369
>the JSA may be brought back as WWII heroes
God i don't want to get my hopes up.
>>
>>80655649
>Return of ginger Wally
why would that be controversial? Wallyfags have been begging for him for 5 years
>>
>>80655649
Yeah, white Wally and bike Lobo will destroy Marvel.
>>
>>80655646

$3 for 80 pages. Damn. I wonder how much of this will cover?
>>
>>80655440
I thought it was more a thing where they're trying to make that Wondercon thing the big reveal?

At least that's what I'm hoping, because I don't think they'll release any more before that, and I'd hate to wait for more after that.
>>
Maybe it'll also fix the the time period of Batman and GL, saying that it was more than six years and bring the rest of the titles to the same time skip.

>>80655685
It'll cause an uproar from sites like Marysue and reddit about how DC is white-washing flash.
>>
>>80655737
>I thought it was more a thing where they're trying to make that Wondercon thing the big reveal?
how's that different than what i said? they gave us a little info, then we get more at wondercon. we already know what books, prices, what's double-shipping, books are relaunching, and action and tec are getting original numbers. all we really don't know is creative teams and what Johns' 80page is about.
>>
>>80655790
>It'll cause an uproar from sites like Marysue and reddit about how DC is white-washing flash.
i'd bet cash money Wally isn't going to turn white.
>>
>>80655737
They announced their plans in February, Wondercon is where they'll announce all the creative teams and stuff
>>
>>80655369
>Steph and Cass's history with the Batfam will be restored
I'd love for this to be the case, but I highly doubt it. DC *JUST* spent like a year establishing their current roles in Gotham and it would be considered way too soong to say "lol never mind." B&R:E might be garbage, but it sold extremely well which is DC's marker for "good enough to be canon."
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 1200x600px
If the teaser pic is all new characters and not Kon/Jay/Wally/etc I'm gonna die laughing
>>
>>80655369
>stories everyone would rather forget were given a chance to just be ignored going forward.
Please let B & R Eternal be ignored
>>
>>80655790
>and reddit
reddit calls for original wally back just as much as /co/
>>
>>80655440
>>80655588
Yeah, I said there that despite saying what it is over and over people still don't understand, because the answer they want is whether it's a reboot or nothing, they can't comprehend anything in-between.

DC doesn't really need to communicate exactly what it is because fans pretty much know what it is, it's the non-fans they need to tell "look it doesn't matter what it is, it's just got a bunch of new stuff, don't worry about what's canon".

>>80655623
I'm guessing the Rebirth comic will be basically an event in one book so they don't have to worry about people falling off waiting for the rest of the book like Secret Wars.

Don't expect it to outline what exactly has changed, that kind of thing is up to the creators of the individual books, Rebirth will probably only explain WHY it's changing and maybe show a bunch of panels of stuff that's in the new books.

>>80655667
Really I'm only going off those stupid CBR rumors and the fact that Johns probably really wants them back, and it kind of seems like Didio went to Johns and said "please fix everything, you can do whatever you want just get the fans back on board".

We can be pretty sure Earth-2 is getting a big reset button though, it's so fucked beyond repair that totally starting from scratch is pretty much their only option.

>>80655790
When has DC ever given a shit what SJWs say? They're all already trashing their books and not buying them, so why should they care? Literally all DC has to do is not respond to their outrage and within a week they'll get bored of waiting for DC to give them more fuel and move onto the next stupid thing. Not like literally anybody gave a shit about black Wally anyway.
>>
>>80655648
Marvel fans do the exact same thing. People still think all new all different marvel now is a reboot
>>
>>80654513
Grampa posted a Nightwing redesign sketch and Azarello tweeted at him "need a writer?"

I like Grampa but that redesign is awful and I'd like Azzarello on a different character.
>>
>>80656069
Link?
>>
>>80656237
just google rafael grampa twitter
>>
>>80656069
Link please
>>
>>80656292
Found it, it needs a mask though, but i doubt it will be that
>>
File: GrampaNightwing.jpg-large.jpg (293KB, 1024x1279px) Image search: [Google]
GrampaNightwing.jpg-large.jpg
293KB, 1024x1279px
>>80656069
It looks absolute garbage
>>
>>80654513

Are you literally retarded then? They've literally told you, it's not a reboot, it's just a relaunch, and it definitely isn't going back to pre-FP.

Why are superhero comic fans so fucking stupid?
>>
>>80656413
Is that hair or warpaint? Neither answer is acceptable.

>>80656428
It's not comic fans, it's movie fans who want to tell people they're comic fans.
>>
>>80656413
Wow that is really bad

>>80656428
>Why are superhero comic fans so fucking stupid?
Only stupid people get into, obsess over, and buy comics
>>
>>80656413
wtf is this shit?
>>
>>80656413

I'm willing to bet it isn't actually designed for regular continuity. Would look great as a Nightwing design set in Paul Pope's Year 100 or that post-apoc world briefly glimpsed in Batman #700.
>>
>>80656413
Booth managed to draw a better design than that.

Brett

Booth
>>
>>80656758
I'm guessing it's a just for fun design, I'd be surprised if Grampa is doing any Rebirth stuff

>>80656770
Booth's done a few good designs, his Nightwing look was good and I love his Dr. Fate design
>>
>>80656754
>Such a simple design why try to ruin it.

>Posts a variant design that overcomplicates the original with tacticool shit and pouches
>>
>>80656801

Yeah, I thought the same, didn't think they were actually implementing it. Not sure why everyone's bitching over something that's clearly designed as an urbanised or post-apoc take on it.
>>
>>80656413
I actually like it. Would be a cool mixture of cape and spy genre.
>>
>>80656413
It doesn't even look like Dick
>>
>>80656413
I thought that was clearly something he drew for fun or to experiment, like artists do sometimes. didn't even occur to me that this could be for anything official and I still don't think it is.
>>
>>80656413

If it actually looked like Dick i would dislike it much less.. that face is just all kinds of not right.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.