[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So a friend of mine writes a brief recap for all the comics he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

File: Cattura.jpg (41KB, 643x198px) Image search: [Google]
Cattura.jpg
41KB, 643x198px
So a friend of mine writes a brief recap for all the comics he reads and sometimes I like to go through his files to keep myself up-to-date with all the shit I haven't the time to read. [Pic-related] is from his Captain America: Sam Wilson file. Is that true? Is that comic really that politicized? I found very mixed info on the internet.
>>
>>80646089
Yep. One of Spencer's worst books
>>
>>80646089
Judge for yourself
>>
Spot on. It's got all the subtlety of a brick through your window.
>>
>>80646110
>tfw you realize what the snake-guy says is totally reasonable
>>
the word is babysat
>>
>>80646162
>the word is babysat
as you can see my cursor is on the word, I left a comment on that

About the book... it sounds really terrible. Why is this allowed? Isn't Cap supposed to be super-partes? I guess I'll just read it, I'm very curious about it.
>>
>>80646128
I get the vibe that Spencer doesn't actually disagree with the political visions of the villains in Samcap, and shows both sides. I'm not sure he completely agrees with Sam's political view either.

Maybe it's just me though. We've seen so many writers use strawmen in comics to undermine political views they don't like, that it's hard to imagine that someone doesn't do that.
>>
>>80646110

Looks awful, but those are some nice black tits.
>>
>>80646186
One of the very first things mentioned in the comic is that Sam is trying to be different from Steve, and shares his political views with the public.
>>
>>80646089
>republican party
>evil
i mean at least their voters get to choose the representatives unlike the other party
>>
>>80646203
Got it. Still not very Captain-Americaesque though. Just change your name in Captain-Opinion then
>>
>>80646128
Not really. The corporations are in with the government. How do you suppose Shillary is still in race and even leading? It's the small businesses and hard working people that have to suffer.
>>
File: Cattura2.jpg (37KB, 624x167px) Image search: [Google]
Cattura2.jpg
37KB, 624x167px
Also, on a lighter note... is CM Punk a good writer or just a hack?
>>
>>80646214
Steve fucking hates it as well and they're not on friendly terms. I think they're fighting in Standoff as well.
>>80646249
Only read the first issue and didn't like it at all
>>
>>80646190

I get the vibe that a lot of this kind of stuff is editorially mandated.
>>
>>80646264
Marvel being libercucky is old news... what about DC?
>>
>>80646249
hack
>>
>>80646128
Reasonable indeed if you care only about money.
>>
>>80646288
Aside from Green Arrow(who has a history as a Liberal communist) they're pretty quiet about it
>>
>>80646311
>implying anything else matters
>>
I want to know more about your friend
Does he have a site or just do this for himself and friends
Does he just do marvel or are there others
How far back do his files go, I'd love to read these for silver age issues I skip of books like avengers or conan
And lastly was your goal in making this thread to get someone to ask about him
>>
>>80646355
blowjobs?
Though you cna use money for that too
>>
>>80646249
I read exactly one story of his. It was trash, but in an entertaining way.
>>
>>80646089
I liked the Serpent Society right up until they lined up to get punched out by Captain Falcon. They should have been smarter than that.
>>
OT question. In CapSam Maria Hill says something like "After all dat incursions shit we have to think about something to defend ourselves" to justify the Korik project.
So... how post-Battleworld characters remember their pre-Battleworld lifes?
>>
>>80646357
>Does he have a site or just do this for himself and friends
he has a series of Google docs
>Does he just do marvel or are there others
Marvel
>How far back do his files go, I'd love to read these for silver age issues I skip of books like avengers or conan
I have no idea
>And lastly was your goal in making this thread to get someone to ask about him
No
>>
>>80646463
I think they all remember "Something terrible happened and shit hit the fan", and then that ended and life continued as normal. Unclear how much the characters that went from 616 to battleworld remember.
>>
>>80646513
that sounds like... idle writing.
>>
>>80646110
Bleh. This left a bad taste in my mouth.

Supervillains should stick to supervillainy and be above the theater of politics. A snakeman in his snake themed lair is hatching a plan to make America more business friendly? Jesus have mercy.
>>
>>80646623
Welcome to Marvel comics
>>
>>80646660
No, instead of robbing banks he's doing extremely unethical research by kidnapping people and shit, then he sells the results and/or his services to large corporations
>>
>>80646311
I care about my money
>>
>>80646729
>then he sells the results and/or his services to large corporations
who was he going to sell the animal men created by Malus? And what for?
>>
>>80646110
The snake guy's the hero, right?
>>
>>80646740
Genetically modified construction workers? Fuck if I know, man
>>
>>80646763
>Genetically modified construction workers
An iguana-man sounds... unfit for the job
>>
>>80646320
I want to like Green Arrow, but he's a fucking BILLIONAIRE preaching Marxism and equality. He's like the walking definition of the liberal who can afford their views.
>>
The comic is actually a lot better than people give it credit for.
>>
>>80646729
>robbing banks

Do villains still do this? It's not 1890 anymore. Banks only keep a pittance of physical money on deposit. Bernie Madoff was stealing literal BILLIONS with a through his ponzi scheme. That's way more than you could ever hope to make in a lifetime of pulling bank heists.

Also, is he implying that the America of yesteryear was more conducive to selling the results of inhumane experiments to corporations because we didn't have regulation for that? Cause I'm pretty sure you'll find that was just as illegal 100 years ago as it is today.
>>
>>80646803
I am rock-hard in anticipation of Spencer's Thunderbolts, even if the art is going to look hideous.
>>
>>80646788
Read Green Lantern/Green Arrow.
He only became a SJW after he lost his company and started going on welfare. After that he just ran a flower shop with Dinah and 9/10 when he becomes head of Queen they end up putting all their money towards the less fortunate and donating it too charity.
>>
>>80646837
>Do villains still do this?
Only some Spidey villains as far as I know
>>
File: -015 copy.jpg (478KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
-015 copy.jpg
478KB, 1000x1537px
>>80646788
>>80646899
>>
>>80646904
>Spidey
As in general Spider-Man or in "Spidey" the ANAD ongoing book?
>>
>>80646939
Well I meant general Spider-man villains, as in Vulture, Rhino, Shocker and Electro, also a bunch of Z-listers like the rabbit-based villain. They did it before Secret Wars, but in the new ANAD ASM he's only been fighting the Zodiacs.
>>
>>80646759
no the black guy and the mexican are
any problem with that?
>>
Care to link your friend website, i would like to read not bias review, i am talking to you CBR
>>
>>80647240
No sorry it's a private Google docs
>>
>>80646110
Pretty stupid thing to do considering a relatively large portion of Captain America fans lean towards the conservative side of things.

Political commentary is fine as long as it's intelligent and sees both sides. This just seems like juvenile simplification of complex situations. Something a politically-minded high school sophomore would write rather than an educated adult.

Cap himself is a living relic of the 1940s. I've always kinda imagined him as a liberal from an extremely conservative era (which would make him a moderate conservative by today's standards).
>>
>>80646110
I like how he had to throw in the bit about clean air to make it cross the line of evil. If you take out that bubble, he sounds pretty reasonable
>>
>>80648399

>Present perfectly logical opposing argument
>Throw in an insane thing that your actual opposition would never say or advocate
>There! Now your opposition looks unreasonable and evil no matter what because you put words in their mouth!
>>
>>80646214
The Serpent Society is one of Cap's biggest enemies and was created as a stand-in for racist anti-Civil Rights groups of the 70's, it's not something invented for this run.
>>
>>80646513
Hey, if it was good enough for Post-Crisis DC...
>>
>>80648590
How is this post a reply to >>80646214?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.