[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>DC Extended Universe >Only contains the movies >Not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: sein.jpg (38KB, 222x229px) Image search: [Google]
sein.jpg
38KB, 222x229px
>DC Extended Universe
>Only contains the movies
>Not extended to the DC television shows

>Marvel Cinematic Universe
>Contains movies and television shows
>Not exclusive to the cinematic parts

Someone explain that shit.
>>
>>80638997
DC does it right, it's easier to explore a character(s) when you're not stuck to a huge established universe but you can still crossover for fun while a entirely connected universe can lead to inconsistencies
>>
I prefer DC's method (regardless of their contradictory names). I don't want to watch hours of TV shows just to understand what's going on in a movie. I understand that was the case for why the Avengers were at that snow base at the start of AoU
>>
>>80639591
MCU writers have literally no idea what's going on in the TV shows though, it's basically completely disjointed
>>
>>80640077
>I understand that was the case for why the Avengers were at that snow base at the start of AoU
A throwaway line in the movie that they were taking out Hydra bases and a corresponding throwaway line in the show saying they're forwarding information on Hydra to the Avengers is far from something needed to understand the movie.
>>
MCU doesnt know what to do with their shows, which isnt a big loss except maybe Daredevil. DCEU on the other hand thankfully doesnt connect with the CW tripe being cranked out
>>
>>80640077
the downside about the DC setup is that the movies can take characters from the shows, if there wasn't that complication it would be perfect though
>>
>>80640112
The Canon only goes one way for the MCU.
So everything that happens in the movies happens in the TV shows but nothing that happens in the TV shows happens in the movies.
>>
>>80638997
They just don't wanna look like copycats.
>>
>>80640184
Actually, Flash and Arrow are on Earth 1, while I think Man of Steel is set on Earth 0 or Earth Prime
>>
>>80638997
With the MCU, it's because they weren't doing any TV shows when they named it. By the time they made shows, the name had already stuck with the fans, and they ran with it.

WB just likes being contrary for the sake of saying they're different from Marvel, even when it turns out Marvel does business the way they do for good reasons. At this point, WB's right hand has no fucking clue what the left is doing.
>>
>>80642975
Theres no chance of either bleeding into the other so whats it matter? Unless you want Felicity poochie-ing up another earth
>>
>>80640211
This. Someone post the thing about the fish oil.
>>
>>80643164
Flash and Supergirl of another Eartj crossing over. Not ruling nothing out, in sure Flash tv series could reference something movie related.
>>
>>80638997
Not this kind of post again.
Why does /co/ have trouble grasping the idea of DC creating a media-spanning multiverse? I thought we read comics here...oh, right, it's /co/.
>>
>>80639591
Nope.
>>
>>80638997
MCU totally makes sense.

The name 'DC Extended Universe' is stupid though. It literally makes no sense no matter how you look at it. DC only chose it to be different from Marvel.

>>80640077
It's funny, because shows like AoS mean nothing in the long run. There is practically no continuity between that show and the actual movies. The others, like Daredevil and Jessica Jones are self-contained too.
>>
>>80638997
>>DC Extended Universe
DC Extended Universe includes comic books
Checkmate
>>
>>80643506
>Why does /co/ have trouble grasping the idea of DC creating a media-spanning multiverse?
Has there been any indication that that's their plan?
>>
>>80638997
DC can explain anything by claiming Multiverse shenanigans
>>
File: 1445117741589.gif (4MB, 275x197px) Image search: [Google]
1445117741589.gif
4MB, 275x197px
>>80644098
>DC Extended Universe includes comic books
like, 2 tie in comics. Pretty "expanded"
>>
>>80644133
Well The Flash and Supergirl is having a crossover while being set in different universes, while being on different networks. People are speculating that all the TV shows are set in the same multiverse.
>>
>>80644133
They've actually mentioned it in interviews, but that's it. They always back off once people actually ask about the possibility of crossovers, so it probably won't happen (at least not between tv shows and movies, tv x tv will be happening soon with Supergirl x Flash).
>>
>>80644133
Well, while travelling through the multiverse in the TV series, Flash saw an image of his 90s TV series, implying every past DC live-action adaptation takes place on a different Earth.

Also, Snyder said:
>http://www.blogtalkradio.com/hall_of_justice/2016/02/04/28--batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-director-zack-snyder
>The bottom line for me is: I have 100% respect and love what they’re doing on TV. I think it’s amazing… and it speaks to the iconographic nature of these characters – these characters are bigger than any of the actors that are playing them. You know, long after I’m done making a Batman/Superman movie there’ll be someone else who makes it. You know, who makes another one. It’s almost like an American tradition now, we’ve established that these characters will be played and played again, and they exist outside of us in this moment.
>So that’s the thing that I’ve embraced, and as opposed to just trying to shoehorn all these story lines into a single universe, we let the characters exist in multi-universe, and therefore it’s a lot more fun and it’s a lot more value for the audience. They get to see their favorite and most beloved characters on different adventures at the same time, in different universes. And it really makes the meal a lot richer and a lot more fun. And I think that’s really the joy of what we’re trying to do over here at DC.”
>>
>>80640112
So just like the comics then.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.