[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How could we have a team of a male Dove and a female Hawk without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: tumblr_m6ell7lL8E1r1x9v8o1_1280.jpg (271KB, 448x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6ell7lL8E1r1x9v8o1_1280.jpg
271KB, 448x500px
How could we have a team of a male Dove and a female Hawk without it being just Doormat and Megabitch, yet still stay true to the concept?
>>
>true to the concept
But the concept sucked as did Hilly and Don.
>>
>>80622997
>Doormat and Megabitch
That was the concept. Steve Ditko wanted to trash those pansy leftists, and Hawk is just kind of an asshole.
>>
>>80622997

Mama Bear and her cute shota companion.
>>
>>80622997
Make Dove the stern, fatherly type and Hawk a rebellious teenager?
>>
>>80622997

Wasn't the original concept pretty close to Doormat and Megabitch?
>>
>>80623408
This, older dove and his daughter as hawk
>>
>>80622997

>I wish I saw a Hawk and Dove story

Great joke.
>>
>>80623427
Hank and Don were both bitches. Don was a punk ass bitch and Hank was a rude ass bitch.
>>
File: RockAndRevy.jpg (471KB, 695x985px) Image search: [Google]
RockAndRevy.jpg
471KB, 695x985px
Have her be more of a tough-but-fair mentor to him, even though they're similarly aged.

Maybe she was a soldier and was discharged after she snapped and ended up having a breakdown from PTSD, so now this Hawk persona is an attempt to cope with her past?

Add a little "I never asked for this," and we're sorted.

Or just make them these two.
>>
>>80622997
Have Dove be more about restraining too instead of just dodging. That way Dove can take Hawk in a physical confrontation. Also make Hawk more than just Hawk smash, show she can show compassion occasionally as well.
>>
They should change Don's name into Dean.
>>
File: fresh-prince-sad-scene.jpg (40KB, 650x382px) Image search: [Google]
fresh-prince-sad-scene.jpg
40KB, 650x382px
>>80623408
>>80623435
Maybe not make them related. He has to be the father she never had.

Then there's this scene.
>>
>>80623408
>stern, fatherly type
>rebellious teenager
I'd be down for this. Would be cute.
>>
>>80622997
What's wrong with Doormat and Megabitch? A lot of recent superhero comics consist of characters having long monologues trying to excuse the stupid shit they've done in the past, and Hawk should be refreshingly immune to that. We need a character who proudly owns everything they've ever done, no matter what chucklefuck was writing them that year.
>>
>>80623509
That's too functional. The whole premise of Hawk and Dove is that they don't work well together at all because they have mutually exclusive worldviews and approaches to everything. That lends itself to dark comedy more than anything else. Like, Dove gets them into superheroics to make a difference in the community and be positive role models and sociopolitical shit like that, then Hawk tears the head off a cop and Dove is the one who has to apologize. That's comedy gold.
>>
>>80624254
So basically she'd just smirk as she blows cigarette smoke in someone's face?
>>
File: Hawkanddove3.jpg (78KB, 300x458px) Image search: [Google]
Hawkanddove3.jpg
78KB, 300x458px
They tried that already
>>
>>80624347
I don't think it should be that dark.

Like the monster they're fighting tries to surrender so Hawk takes that as an opening to throw a street sign through his throat.

So when Dove is trying to smooth things over with the police and adults, Hawk is in the background showing off to some gang of kids.
>>
Would this Hawk still be a foul mouthed Londoner?
>>
>>80624410
>>80624561

Sure, sounds good. Just have Hawk be a total Machivellian sociopath and have Dove be the complete opposite, an idealistic milquetoast completely paralyzed by empathy and the fear of being somehow problematic. And the reason she keeps him around is because his efforts to mitigate the harm she causes actually allows her to be even more harmful. Like, his constant spin doctoring wins just enough of the public trust to put them in positions where they can cause more chaos.
>>
>>80624615
>>80623408
So a Cockney Rebel?

Eh? EH?
>>
File: Star_spangled_kid_and_stripe.jpg (25KB, 300x230px) Image search: [Google]
Star_spangled_kid_and_stripe.jpg
25KB, 300x230px
>>80623408
>>80623435
>>80624095
>>80624960

So STARS and S.T.R.I.P.E
>>
FACT: Hank and Dawn are the besg Hawk and Dove combo.
FACT.
>>
File: tumblr_o3bolmbZWk1tpm5dbo1_1280.jpg (93KB, 750x921px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3bolmbZWk1tpm5dbo1_1280.jpg
93KB, 750x921px
>>80624254
>>
>>80625374
Somehow Lightning takes poor decision-making, sociopathy, and a complete lack of fucks given and makes it seem boring. She's like Lobo but if you removed all the fun and tried to take him seriously.
>>
File: GodHandGene.png (184KB, 423x616px) Image search: [Google]
GodHandGene.png
184KB, 423x616px
>>80625518
Probably because she's a beat-em-up character in an RPG? I mean, put her in Gene's place in any God Hand cut scene and she's the same character that now works.

She'd also work in a 90s Hot Blooded anime.
>>
>>80625608
Gene is at least a basically decent person and has motivations for doing what he does, however stock and hackneyed those motivations may be. Lightning looks and acts half-asleep most of the time. She decides to be a genocidal terrorist with all the momentous passion of someone who's just reading stage directions to help someone else practice lines.
>>
>>80624462

Fuck off.
>>
>>80622997
How about a Hawk and dove in the past?

>Berserker Viking Norwegian Hawk
>Pacifist beer brewing English monk Dove
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.