[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /co/ where do i start with animating something like pic related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
Hey /co/ where do i start with animating something like pic related? Hanna-Barbera, low budget animation.
What programs do I use?
What format should i stick to? Is flash viable option?
How long would it take to create 1-minute animation with 2 different backgrounds and about 6 moving characters?
>>
i could eat a nob at night
>>
>>80617026
thanks for your input, you faggot.
>>
>>80617026
head like a fuckin orange
>>
>>80616978
Depends, what equipment do you have? You at least need a tablet and a drawing program. What kind of animation do you want to do?

I personally use flash and do frame by frame but I am more of a drawer than an animator anyway so drawing each frame is no problem for me. Not sure how expensive flash is, not really a fan of it either but I got all adobe programs from my school.

But again, it is all about what you want to do, how much time you are willing to invest and so on.
>>
USE TOON BOOM
or tv paint
fuck flash.
>>
>>80617254
Just as I sent this I remembered that I have a friend who does puppet animations and does all the vectores with a mouse so forget the "needing a tablet".
>>
>>80617266

might as well use go animate
>>
>>80617254
basicaly emulate Ricky Gervais Show style of animation, i have no idea what im talking about desu.

2. time is not an issue. I have very little of it during the day, but i have an idea that has been forming in my mind for some time now and im ready to do it in my free time.
>>80617266
>>80617278
are you trolls or serious.
>>
>>80617380
So I take it you only have a mouse and flash?
I'd go for puppets (unless you need a very wide range of motions). Make the basic concept per hand, scan it in and redraw with vectors. I don't know much about puppet animation so I can't help with that but you should be able to get some tutorials for that on youtube.
>>
>>80617547
thanks
>>
File: karl pilkington.png (715KB, 1262x708px) Image search: [Google]
karl pilkington.png
715KB, 1262x708px
>>80617188
knocking about with dinosaurs
>>
>>80616978
Depends
Toon Boom and anime studio have pretty good puppet systems, I haven't used them, but a friend of mine has and they have functionality to basically make joints within an image to bend it and move it and have ways to replace mouths and eyes and such. It actually gives pretty decent results if you have a good style to complement it
>>
>>80617380
The Ricky Gervais show is very obviously flash, but if you want to be serious about animating, toon boom does all the same stuff and is actually intended for animation, where flash is intended to make interactive Web sites.
>>
File: 1456489391985.png (173KB, 1024x1096px) Image search: [Google]
1456489391985.png
173KB, 1024x1096px
>>80617182
>not knowing that it's a quote from the k man
>>
>>80617652
>not Karl Pilkingstone

One job anon
>>
>>80616978
Man I actually enjoy some of the incredibly ridiculous shit that Karl says but fuck me I can't stand Gervaises fucking forced high squealing laughter. And whats worse is the dude actually acts superior to the dude.

Why is it even called The Ricky Gervais show when Karl is the star.
>>
>>80618114
also flash is going away and being replace by another adobe animation program
>>
>>80616978
If you wan't to do something like the rickey gervais show you should know that while it was puppet animation the characters were pretty heavily layered and it's still a tad complicated if you dont understand it. try looking for tutorials on how to "rig" a puppet in flash.
>>
>>80618253
I like Ricky's laugh when he's not forcing it. Like that series him and Karl did for people not knowing how to speak English and taking a vacation in the UK. That shit was hilarious.
>>
>>80616978
Pirate flash and buy a Wacom tablet.

Congratulations, you are now a professional animator.
>>
File: Ayoda.png (2MB, 740x740px) Image search: [Google]
Ayoda.png
2MB, 740x740px
>>80618253
>watch outtakes of a show Ricky wrote
>scenes have to be retaken because he can't keep himself from laughing
>he's not even in the scene
>he's just watching the people do the scene he's written from the corner of the room and laughing loudly at how hilarious his joke is, keeping them from finishing the scene

That's the part of him that's really detestable: how much he loves and laughs at his own jokes.
>>
>>80618253
>And whats worse is the dude actually acts superior to the dude.
And a lot of the time he prods karl into a direction to make him seem dumber or interrupts his train of thought so when karl gets back into talking he sounds dumber
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.