[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I recently finished superman brainiac and want to read the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (140KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140KB, 400x600px
So I recently finished superman brainiac and want to read the new krypton/ world of new event. However there are like 80 issues, are they all necessary? Can I skip action comics with nightwing/ flame bird and superman with mom-el?
>>
>>80600463
>mom-el
>>
>>80600463
>mom-el
>>
>>80600490
Mon-el* sorry
>>
File: Karsta_Wor-Ul.jpg (52KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
Karsta_Wor-Ul.jpg
52KB, 400x480px
man I miss mom-el
>>
>mom-el
and yes you can skip that bullshit because thats what that nightwing/flamebird is some bullshit. shit took over while I was subscribed to action at the time
>>
It doesn't live up to the hype or potential and has a terrible ending.
>>
>>80600598
It, like the rest of the New Krypton arc, started off so interesting.

Nightwing never needed to be Chris Kent.
>>
>>80600656
everyone fucking suicide dove for that reset button
>>
It's not really an event. It's a status quo that all the books played into. If you only want to read about Kryptonians then read WoNK. If you want to see Supergirl adapting to her people being back, read Supergirl. If you want to see Kryptoinan god shit, read Action. If you want to see Mon-El doing some present day Valor-ing, read Superman.

There are some crossovers at times but they mostly stand on their own. I think mostly you will want to watch the color of the diamonds on the covers if you're reading in floppies. I might be remembering wrong but I believe green comes first, then there's a crossover mini maybe, and then there's the red diamonds. It's been a while since I checked though.

>>80600656
Also mostly this, but I still enjoyed following along. Don't expect it to be GOAT or anything, but if you just want some Superman monthlies doing something a little different for a while it's ok read.
>>
>>80600699
I was never a fan of taking him away and then growing him up. Loved the thing they had going with Clark having a family.
>>
>>80600819
I wish we got the original plan instead of delays fucking it up, seems like he would have joined the LoSH with Mon-El in that arc

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=17602
>>
>>80600819
>>80600884
Chris Kent in general was a lot of wasted potential, but it's not entirely Busiek's or even Johns' fault, I don't think.

I'd love to see him come back and interact with Damian.
>>
>>80601085
>I'd love to see him come back and interact with Damian.

Sadly I think Morrison is the only one who cares about this potential.
>>
>>80601164
Sadly.
>>
File: Superdad-chris-kent.jpg (67KB, 318x318px) Image search: [Google]
Superdad-chris-kent.jpg
67KB, 318x318px
>>80600884
I didn't even know about this or at least I don't remember. Makes me even more mad.

>>80601085
I loved Chris he was little Superman and was Clark's biggest fan. The interactions with him and Damian would've been gold
>>
>>80601315
>literal "my dad could beat up your dad" arguments

wew
>>
I just read Superman: Secret Origin. I wanna read more Geoff Superman but I'm at Uni.
>>
>>80601931
His run is great (though I'm not that big of a fan of the Bizarro arc just because I generally don't like Bizarro). Him leaving after the first or second New Krypton arc is probably while it ultimately failed to deliver.
>>
>>80602012
Did Gary Frank do the art for New Krypton or was it just the cover like above?
>>
>>80601931
Read everything when he jumps on action I forgot issue exactly he got on because its been awhile but its all really good.
>>
>>80602046
I think it was just the cover and Pete Woods was on interiors, but I'm not positive.

I know Frank did the LoSH and Brainiac arcs
>>
>>80602074
>>80602012
>>80602126
Any of you laddies got a zippy or something?

Yeah, he does LoSH, Braniac and Secret Origin. Powell does Bizarro.
>>
File: file.png (274KB, 852x371px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
274KB, 852x371px
>>80602161
Geez.
>>
>>80602161
All the links I had died a while ago and they were before we had digital rips anyway. Check desustorage I guess.
>>
>>80600463
No, even if you DO skip those books, you have to buy them when they crossover. They have separate stories that combine for big events. Really you shouldn't read New Krypton. It not any good. The best bits, Supergirl LOSH by Gates and Superboy by Johns are isolated enough. It doesn't really matter since they make sure to hit every easy choice. Just read War of the Supermen, know that General Lane gets a personality lobotomy, and Lex Luthor was right. The material after, grounded and the Cornell Action series are amazing and you should read those.
>>
>>80600656
what hype, it was just bad?

>>80600699
I guess, it was robinson ruck, so I knew it wasn't that good.

>>80600819
If so, read Busiek's run and stop. He ignored Johns like the shitty tranny down the hall
>>
>>80601931
>>80602012
His run is RIDICULOUSLY overrated, but if you do, know that Geoff has had three runs on Superman. SO was during his second and longest run. If you want the complete Johns
>>
>>80600463
Yeah you can just read the core stuff
>>
>>80603547
Sorry got interrupted, Complete Johns Superman begins with post Loeb Superman, MOS and ends with Lost Hearts. Second Superman beings with Up up away and ends with an epilogue in Action 900. Third run ends with Men of Tomorrow
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.