[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /co/ think of The Boys? It's one of my favourite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: The-Boys_Volume_One.jpg (51KB, 300x465px) Image search: [Google]
The-Boys_Volume_One.jpg
51KB, 300x465px
What does /co/ think of The Boys? It's one of my favourite comic book series of all time and I usually don't like Ennis.
>>
HOL UP
>>
>>80565727
I love it, but I'm a huge Ennisfag.
>>
>>80565727
I feel Butcher performed a face-heel turn a little too quick for my tastes. Also I just feel bad for Huey because he went through the trouble of getting an "upgrade" from Mother's Milk's mother and it all kinda fizzled out
>>
>>80565815
I really love The Boys but I don't like the rest of his work. The over the top violence and sex works here because it's a subversion of expectations. You aren't used to seeing superheroes be like this. But I think that it could have ended with Over the hill with the swords of a 1000 men . If they wanted to make the Butcher into a villain they should have given it more time than just one chapter. It felt rushed tough in hindsight it made sense.
>>
>>80565914
>>80565939
Yeah that's just what I think . Well at least it was unexpected. He got the milk because in the original ending they were supposed to fight.
>>
>>80566000
It does make sense that Butcher would never go all out against Huey. While I would have preferered a more traditional ending, I'm satisfied with the more somber and ambiguous end note. Following up Over the Hill with the swords of a 1000 men with a more insane throwdown would be gratuitious.
>>
>>80565914
>I feel Butcher performed a face-heel turn
That wasn't a face heel turn, it was just in the continuation of his character
>>
>>80565914
>because he went through the trouble of getting an "upgrade" from Mother's Milk's mother and it all kinda fizzled out
I don't think her get anything out of it. He simply did it because she needed it. Pressure building can be quite painful in there.

I really wonder what happened to her.
>>
>>80565727
Not to my taste.
>>
>>80566134
Ennis said that in the original ending Hughie would drinkn the milk to get stronger so him and Butcher would fight to a standstill.
>>
>>80565727

Best GE series after Punisher (Max and MK)

In fact he showed us how real superheros would be like. crazy with all that power and money. The X-Men parody was spot -on
>>
The only thing that bother me is that the Vaugh America business plan make no fucking sense. They are locked away from arm deals and they only get money out of the comic that sell, which is really silly, seeing that by the time The Boys was released, both DC and Marvel were in economical crisis and still would be if it wasn't for the movie deals.

So it's hard to see how the whole V-Serum division would keep turning a profit and providing all the super-equipment out of comic sales and derived products alone.
>>
>>80565727
GONNA

It was entertaining enough for me to read the whole thing. There are some funny parts that are classic Ennis. I wouldn't really call it on the same level as Preacher though, or even good, but nah I won't hate on it.
>>
>>80566255
I never cared that much about The Punisher. Seems like my sort of character but it's hard to get what I want from these stories. It's always some 2deep4u dude war LMAO. I just want to see the Punisher fuck shit up. I only read the Kingpin storyline from MAX and it was exactly what I didn't want. Not sure if Ennis wrote that one tough.
>>
File: 0.jpg (451KB, 1268x1920px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
451KB, 1268x1920px
Tech Knight did nothing wrong.
>>
File: 0.jpg (476KB, 1280x1408px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
476KB, 1280x1408px
>>80566381
>>
>>80566297
It wasn't just comics. Most of their money came from television. And they made money off Believe and other organizations. Plus all the merch.
>>
>>80565727
I love it. For me is best Ennis comic ( I'm not read his punisher), the characters are fantastic, you can feel it, ennis know how to write relationship, besides all that gore,sex and violence the drama and story is far more interesting that that. Also is like a medium-biography with the legned and all those parodies.
>>
>>80566587
Yeah the world building and the characters were great in The Boys.
>>
>>80566587
Yeah the world building and the characters were great in The Boys.
>>
>>80565727
I enjoyed it.
>>
File: wew lad.jpg (1MB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.jpg
1MB, 1920x2951px
>>
>>80566718
>that filename
>>
>>80565727
I like it well enough, but I don't think it quite measures up to Punisher or Hitman
>>
>>80565727
Stormfront best Shazam.
>>
File: reading Ennis.jpg (111KB, 475x573px) Image search: [Google]
reading Ennis.jpg
111KB, 475x573px
>>80565727
Better than Preacher.
>>
>>80566887
pretty sure he was Thor
>>
>>80566887
>Shazam
never give in anon
>>
>>80566901
This friendos
>>
>>80566923
Or both. Or Captain Nazi.
>>80566937
Sorry. I'm lazy when it comes to writing Captains, I just short name to Cap usually.
>>
>>80565727
fucking enjoyed it. The only reason why I checked /aco/ for weeks.
I liked how the story started as a parody of the various superhero groups and then became it's own thing.
but man fuck that CEO guy.
>>
I used to read this comic to my friends in different voices. One of them really loved when I did the scene of Butcher helping M.M. get his daughter, the fight at the end killed him.
>>
Where can i find this comic online? I read a few issues someone dumped on another board but my own searches since then have turned up nothing. If a kind anon could give me a link i would be most grateful.
>>
>>80568127
torrents
>>
>>80568144
Any particular one you'd vouch for?
>>
>>80568249
KAT I guess
>>
>>80568281
Thanks anon, much appreciated
>>
>>80565727
I'm a huge Ennis-fag so I loved it to death. Funnily enough, I'm not that big a fan of Preacher because of the intense fedora-tipping. Punisher MAX and Hitman are some of my favorite comics of all time though. If you liked the Boys you'll probably like Hitman which in my opinion is Ennis at his best.
>>
I thought he made his point in The Pro but like most of his comics it feels like he has an axe to grind against capes because of the IRA.
>>
>>80568964
Oh and honestly at times it feels like he is legit afraid of any sexual interaction with how often he demonizes sex and practially everyone who does it.
>>
>>80568873
>Punisher
>fedora
hwat
>>
>>80569103
>Reading comprehension
I was referring to Preacher
>>
>>80568873
Will check it out. Thanks.
>>
>>80569144
I have done the dumb
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.