[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever thought about going to an Art School, work in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

Have you ever thought about going to an Art School, work in the Animation Industry and eventually make your own Cartoon or Graphic Novel?
>>
File: CIA_Art_2012Feb25-Mar3_0842.jpg (633KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
CIA_Art_2012Feb25-Mar3_0842.jpg
633KB, 3000x2000px
>>80514976
Yeah, but at the end of the day you really don't need to go to art school especially when schools have been shitty since the 60s.
>>
File: images (9).jpg (18KB, 472x312px) Image search: [Google]
images (9).jpg
18KB, 472x312px
>>80514976
I had a free 1 year animation class on Brazil and was them two weeks later caled to work on an animation studio...I had never draw anything digital before.

There is a HUGE lack of animation workers on Brazil and a extremelly high demand. Anyone can get a job.

I see all these jobless animators gringos and think that they would have a retrospectiva good salary here.
>>
>>80514976
Yeah, until I realized I had no talent
>>
>>80515567

What the fuck am I looking at
>>
>>80514976
i want to have a cartoon one day but i know its a very slim chance of that ever happening but im going to be on my last year of animation in september, i hope someone will hire me afterwards desu
>>
>>80517167
You could try and go to CN
>>
I want to make both a graphic novel and an action cartoon series.
>>
>>80519971
Great idea but i doubt an action cartoon would work since CN, Disney and Nick wants everything to be comedy for reruns but at least you have netflix and fox
>>
>>80514976
I did go to art school. I did a graphic novel kickstarter, currently doing a webcomic, and making a video game.
>>
>>80521506
That is the unfortunate truth. I miss shows like Samurai Jack and Sym-BionicTitan. CN needs some action to it.
>>
>>80515734
SHit man, I'm from brazil and i had classes on SAGA in são paulo and they were fucking terrible. Not only the teachers were bad but the rest of the students didnt even gave any crap about the classes. It totally killed my drive to pursue in this industrie, i was also incredibly poor at the time and didnt even had my on computer back them.
>>
>>80514976
>Have you ever thought about going to an Art School

no because I actually want to live comfortable, and I cant do that making 5k a year with 30k in student loans
>>
File: 1456379140886.png (693KB, 1236x824px) Image search: [Google]
1456379140886.png
693KB, 1236x824px
>>80514976
I wish I would have gone sooner before I became dead inside.
>>
>>80515734
>There is a HUGE lack of animation workers on Brazil and a extremelly high demand.
There's a huge demand for traditional animation in Brazil?

I'd totally go there but the problem is I don't want to set foot in that country. You guys are terrifying. American slums are bad too but at least I know what I'm getting into over here.
>>
>>80514976
Yes and then I gave up on my dreams and went into graphic design
>>
>>80524003
I'm going Graphic Design right now and it's an absolutely dreadful area of study. I'm currently taking my last two courses and then I'll be done FOREVER.

The good thing is I haven't given up. You shouldn't either my friend.
>>
yes but I'm too poor to afford it. Maybe in a few years but I'm trying to learn drawing on my own for now. Just wish I could dedicate my full time to it.
>>
>>80515734
>>80523956
Let's crash in that anon's house and create a studio in Brazil, hopefully he doesn't live in the slums
>>
I want to go to an art school, but I'm broke and don't want to get into any debt right now
>>
>>80521563
Where do you live?
>>
>>80515567
is this what a vagina looks like?
>>
>>80515567
My dick is telling me there's something sexual about this.
>>
I'm a junior in my graphic design major now but health is taking a toll and I'll likely have to drop out for good this time after taking a 2014 off for health issues as well. Luckily this should afford me time to get my graphic novel well underway. I'm looking at hopefully getting it published through Fantagraphics since it's not a scifi or fantasy thing but a character drama involving art history movements about characters who run a museum. The different areas of the museum they work in reflect their own character arcs or struggles. Mostly it deals with the fallout of a coworker's suicide and how they deal with it.
>>
File: 1456307522400s.jpg (7KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
1456307522400s.jpg
7KB, 250x224px
>>80525428
>I'm a junior in my graphic design major now but health is taking a toll and I'll likely have to drop out for good this time
>Mostly it deals with the fallout of a coworker's suicide and how they deal with it.
Yikes, you want a hug Anon?
>>
>>80514976
Nope. I live in a country where that can't happen unless you do it as a hobby.
>>
I go to a regular college with art programs and am studying animation. Going to school has nothing to do with if you make a graphic novel. You can do that right now.
>>
>>80514976
>going to an Art School, work in the Animation Industry and eventually make your own Cartoon or Graphic Novel

It's been my dream for as long as i can remember...
>>
I didn't go to art school, I went to cartoons.
>>
>>80514976
Are art schools Leftist liberal femishit indoctrinating death traps?
>>
>>80521506
>DisneyXD, Toonami
>>
>>80514976
but what if i'm Singaporean?
>>
>>80530399
you mean the place that created THIS?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsx3TKCgH7c
>>
>>80530419
Or this?
youtube.com/watch?v=yAcbO39Xz40
>>
I'm french and after my high school i gonna try to go in animation scholl ( Gobelins ) But as it is rather complicated to get there , I might be going to a school in denmark animation " Animation Workshop " , after her you think I might be Animator for CN, Disney xD , Rough Draft Studios etc. ...?
>>
>>80530419
>>80530470

Singapore, bad 2d animation but surprisingly good 3d animation...
any other country like this?
>>
>>80530470
this gives off a Telly-Tubby vibe for some reason
>>
>>80514976

>Have you ever thought about going to an Art School, work in the Animation Industry and eventually make your own Cartoon or Graphic Novel?

I applied to a school in the midwest and to Sheridan last month.

Making my own cartoon is part of my dream, but I'd really like to work on someone else's before I could ever actually make my own.
>>
>>80530686
Alot of people seem to do this and they turned out ok...like those guys who've worked on Adventure Time
>>
>>80530686
>>80530717
Yep, thats what i plan on doing too. Then i can maybe try and make my own Cartoon but i don't know it would need to be another comedy show
>>
>>80524071
>>80524003
I want to work in the industry and after leaving my current career, i want to get into Graphic Design. I mean its a good start right? Thats where everyone starts. After that i'll go to an Art School payed by my College
>>
File: 7c905c8d.jpg (77KB, 436x600px) Image search: [Google]
7c905c8d.jpg
77KB, 436x600px
>>80514976
I've always wanted to do comics and animation. I went to college studying art. Being young, I thought that they would teach me the basics, how to use the tools of the trade, so on and so forth, you know what I mean? I was drawing before I started the course, but I lacked the basic understanding of structure. Two years there and they never taught me anything useful. I was then told to go on the Multimedia course as it would have been "Good for me". What a load of shit! Never have I been surrounded by such a insufferable echo chamber. I still remember the introduction class where out main tutor showed us green screening (never really told us how to do it). A big problem during that time, was the fact that the tutor did not like my style of work. He told me that I could not use my "type" for any of the course work, as he thought that I was trying to draw "anime". He had a very small comfort zone when it came to style and anything outside it, looked the same to him. The other students would look through my "personal" work and ask why I did not do it for the projects we where working on? I'd just tell them that I was told not to. I dropped out before the end, as I went in one day and we where made to look up universities and check out student loans. Fuck that noise. That place left me so discouraged that I stopped drawing.

(Pic related. What I was drawing before college)

Cont.
>>
>>80531571
I missed out on a few opportunities to learn about making comics during that time too. There was a workshop where they would have people in the field teach you all about the industry. In order to apply, you had to submit three pages of a comic you did yourself. I was not successful as they where only looking for women (something that was not on the application). Two years later, they contacted me and asked me to submit again as they where open to everyone this time around. I submitted and I was accepted!! On the day of the first workshop, just as I was leaving my house, I get a call. It turns out that they where getting funded for this and they could only accept people under the age of 18. My date of birth was a week over the cut off line.

Fuck!

Cont.
>>
I am. To CalArts, prep for more faces and same style!
>>
File: dcr_9413.jpg (548KB, 920x1302px) Image search: [Google]
dcr_9413.jpg
548KB, 920x1302px
>>80531726
I started drawing again in 2013. I was looking into VN's as a way to start again. I figured that with my end goal of doing comics, I would make the odd short VN to see if I could draw consistently and coherently. Could I even tell a story? I did work on it for a few months, but this time the problem was that I was getting little to no feedback. From what I could tell, there was little interest in me as I wasn't doing a romantic VN and I did not draw in a "anime" style. Pic related. This was some of the concept art for my VN.

Cont.
>>
>>80531795

I'm still drawing now. Just taking requests and challenging myself everyday. I've improved since I started again (better then I thought, not an much as I hoped). I always look for inspiration and /co/ is constantly giving me ideas. Pic related.
>>
>>80531571
>>80531726
>>80531795
>>80532021
Your drawings are pretty good. Don't give uo buddy
>>
>>80519796
I want too but living in the UK makes it harder, but there is jobs for gumball that open up every now and then here so when i graduate im going to try for that
>>
Ringling grad here, but I'm aiming to do kids' book illustrations.
>>
Anyone knows if studying Graphic Design is a good first step? Eventually i would like to study on an Animation School and go to a Network
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.