[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this ever made? Still pisses me off. It's non canon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: Ultimate_Spider-Man_Vol_1_1.jpg (138KB, 651x982px) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate_Spider-Man_Vol_1_1.jpg
138KB, 651x982px
Why was this ever made? Still pisses me off. It's non canon and even worse the canon real Spider-man is still going on at the same time. This is pointless and not to mention stupid as fuck. It's basically a PC Spidey.
>>
>>80459289
It was an easy starting point for casuals and it even sold more than 616 Spidey at one point. Cry moar faggot
>>
>why does a company do things to make money, please help me I am dumb
>>
>>80459289
Peter looked like a girl.
>>
>>80459327
>>80459337
So that justifies it and makes it cool? Nice argument kids. Probably too young to remember when Spidey was good and probably like the nigger Spider-man with your hipster hair and tight pants. Trendy FAGGOOOTS
>>
>>80459289
To make more money and let artists take risks without ruining the Spiderman brand.
>>
>>80459289
Marvel has a multiverse
What happens in 616 doesn't always happen in other universes
Sometimes this is good (Gwen is terrible in 616), sometimes it's bad (Venom being a cancer-cure suits instead of an alien organism)

So multiverses is why
Were you also upset by what if books?
>>
>Ultimate Marvel
>politically correct

Yeah, 15 years later. Don't forget this was helmed by Millar. It was about as anti-PC as you could get. Times change, writers get older, the medium has re-matured following the excess of the 90s. Everything is cyclical, and if USM shocks you, I have more reason to believe you weren't even reading comics back then.
>>
It's not non-canon, it's an alternate universe that has its own canon.

Do you not know what a multiverse is? DC has one, too.
>>
>>80459514
yes that justifies it, the purpose of a business is to increase shareholder wealth
>>
>>80459514
>doesn't understand how businesses work
>uses ad hominem
>has the gall to call other people "kids"
Underage b& pls, shouldn't you be in bed by now?
>>
Bait thread. Nothing to see here.
>>
>>80459815
Wow nice comeback "kid" hahaha
>>
>>80460103
It is pretty nice. Thanks, son.
>>
>>80459693
I can agree with this that times change and writers get older and all. But it just seems like not only the web head but alot of other comics had some strong runs in the 60's, 70's, and 80's and even though writers got older and changed then, the new ones that came in seemed to pick up right where the others left off and continued with the good stories and themes. Then later everything got rebooted and the good quality just stopped and got shitty
>>
File: Laughing-Meme-01.jpg (28KB, 801x534px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Meme-01.jpg
28KB, 801x534px
>>80460138
These comebacks. Terrible. Maybe one day when you're older you'll understand.
>>
>>80460239
I disagree with you about ultimate spider-man but yeah, those guys comebacks are pretty shit.
>>
File: le_fish.jpg (9KB, 176x158px) Image search: [Google]
le_fish.jpg
9KB, 176x158px
>>80459289

Cool lure, monsieur.
>>
>>80460239
Did you make this thread to get actual answers or just to shitpost at people?
>>
File: 4463.jpg (5KB, 234x230px) Image search: [Google]
4463.jpg
5KB, 234x230px
>>
>>80459289
>It's basically a PC Spidey.
But Ultimate Marvel was far more edgy and grimderp than normal Marvel.
>>
Yeah I agree it's pretty good
I still read it but Miles is WAY shittier then Peter ever was, especially now that they've obliterated half the supporting cast
>>
File: B-z93DwW0AAvn4.jpg (66KB, 800x535px) Image search: [Google]
B-z93DwW0AAvn4.jpg
66KB, 800x535px
>Hating on Best Peter
>>
>>80459289
>PC Spidey

Literally what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>80459289

Get the fuck out of here you massive pile of shit
>>
>>80465628
Just proves how gay you are for getting butthurt over someone not looking a gay as comic. Why don't you read a real comic and grow a deep you queer
>>
>>80465690

must be 18 years old to post here, sorry
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 500x255px
>>80465690
Hahahaha this fail ^^
>>
>>80459289
Because at the time Spider-man was an adult and this allowed them to make stories where he was a high school kid again and connect to young readers without rebooting the main continuity.
>>
File: UltimateSpiderMan_Xbox_BOX-US.jpg (66KB, 351x500px) Image search: [Google]
UltimateSpiderMan_Xbox_BOX-US.jpg
66KB, 351x500px
It had a great game.
>>
File: ultimates9b.jpg (46KB, 580x384px) Image search: [Google]
ultimates9b.jpg
46KB, 580x384px
>>80459289

I'm triggered, have your (you).
>>
>>80468529
It's a shame Spider-man 2 didn't have a similar art style. They've both aged, but SM2 aged poorly
>>
>>80464110
>to get actual answers
where do you think you are?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.