[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on We Bare Bears? Gotta say I'm very interested

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10

File: Webarebearscharacters.jpg (101KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
Webarebearscharacters.jpg
101KB, 500x647px
Thoughts on We Bare Bears? Gotta say I'm very interested after watching an episode.
>>
File: WBB mgmg.webm (205KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WBB mgmg.webm
205KB, 1920x1080px
chloe a cute
>>
>>80305017
I'm the opposite of interested in the entire series
Like, it's so boring and vanilla
I feel like it's catered and constructed to be the least offensive, barely anything show ever, as to try to get some sort of adolescent millennial cartoon watching audience
>>
It has enough good episodes to recommend it at least, but this show jumps all over the place in quality and tone. I find myself seriously disliking a solid third of the episodes.
>>
>>80305017
OP
we bare bears is such a shitty show that just about all generals end up in /trash/
that's the kind of show this is
the kind of show whose fans aren't really into it for reasons other than they want to jack it to the show
>>
File: 1439350865990.png (154KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
1439350865990.png
154KB, 640x320px
>>80305017
It's a slice of life cartoon. It's not too often that those come around, so if you don't like characters going about their day to day life with nothing going on, then you should enjoy it.
>>
>>80305188
*if you don't mind
>>
>>80305198

There are two Chloe.
One is friends with 3 wild bears
The other one share magical fairies with another kid
>>
AVOID ALL NOMNOM EPISODES

DO NOT RESPOND TO NOMNOM POSTERS
>>
>>80305096
The generals are in /trash/ because the fans have the decency not to shit up /co/ with it. Did you miss when the fanbase on /co/ unanimously decided to hold off on threads during several hiatuses (and feeling like there were too many when it was actually airing) without mod intervention? It's absolutely not in /trash/ because it's a shit show.
>>
It's basically Regular Show, but boring.
>>
>>80305017
The fanbase is full of huge faggots, but the good thing about faggots is they're self-conscious and considerate enough to keep their autism in /trash/, unlike other annoying fanbases.
>>
I don't like the title

Why not just call it Bear Stack?
>>
It's very Regular Show in that it's good, but like, it doesn't change. The only discussion would be "wasn't this funny/cool?" and "yeah" or "I didn't like that". It doesn't have any sort of continuity.

People only discuss the continuity of Regular Show, even though it's the weakest part of the show, while the one-off episodes are funniest.
>>
Show is a bit boring at times but alright for the most part. General is filled to the brim with faggot shippers though
>>
>>80305041
Completely agree, thanks for putting it in words for my anon.
>>
>>80305017
More like the Millennial Bear Show

Bear bear- he's pretty decent

Ice Bear- Silent but deadly cliche

Panda- OH looook he uses tinder and takes selfies ughhhh like so relateable to like the young generation maaaan :D
>>
I enjoy it, but as other anons have noted, it is very, very contemporary in its tone and humor, and I could see how that would put people off.
>>
>>80305017
Griz is the only character that's not completely cliché. He's the only reason I even watch the show because of his unique personality. I love how delusional and friendly he is.
>>
>>80305790
This.
>>
>>80305017
Writing is bland and the animation feels lazy compared to some of the other shows on CN but the bears are memorable at least
>>
File: bedhead.jpg (28KB, 630x518px) Image search: [Google]
bedhead.jpg
28KB, 630x518px
>>80305790

Fuck that. At least Nom Nom's episodes have stakes and Patton Oswalt.

Chloe's episodes are boring as fuck and the only good Charlie episode is the basketball one.
>>
It's a cute, non-continuous, contemporary show with a fanbase consisting of a solid 30 people. Lots of people say it is boring, which I can see why they think that, but I like it's slow pace.
>>80305821
>>80306794
I can vouch for this, moving to /trash/ was done without the aid of mods.
>>
Best episodes are the flashback episodes/episodes with the bears as cubs

There's a very sequential, idealistic tone about them. Almost Waiting For Godot-esque.
>>
It's an alright show in my opinion. To be honest, it's pretty similar to Regular Show, except without the magic/horror elements, and instead of eighties culture the bears are obsessed with millenial culture, which can be just as annoying.

Ice bear might be a cliche, but he's my favorite. Everyone hates Panpan.
>>
>>80305821
But there was a general on /co/ like yesterday.
>>
Ice Bear is best Bear.
>>
>>80305017
The only way I can imagine "We Bare Bears" coming into existence is that the producer's child got into their cocaine stash, and then promptly washed it down with enough booze to kill half their brain cells. The producer then thought "This will make amazing TV," and handed their flailing, drug addled little monster a pen and then animating the results. The art looks like what would happen if Picasso had a retarded, illegitimate lovechild and then bashed it upside the head with a shovel before it painted anything. The plot is a game of Mad Libs playing at the "LAUGH AT HOW WACKY AND ZANY OUR CHARACTERS ARE, AREN'T THEY SO COOL," angle, but is somehow executed in a way that you would think a 2 year old came back and vomited on said Mad Libs, leaving them forced to piece together the already disjointed and ham-handed attempt at what you humans call "humor" through chunks of Cheerios and crayons. All said, if I were to rate this accurately, I would have given it -10/10, just because it is so bad that it makes even the lamest attempts at a cartoon practically a classic.
>>
File: tumblr_nuuiql3c2r1qjkh6co3_250.png (47KB, 187x193px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuuiql3c2r1qjkh6co3_250.png
47KB, 187x193px
>>80309937
>>
>>80309796
In a 'to the death' environment? Yes.
>>
>>80309937
>>80309820
>>
>>80309937
Good meme.
>>
>>80310035
https://desustorage.org/co/search/text/LAUGH%20AT%20HOW%20WACKY%20AND%20ZANY%20OUR%20CHARACTERS%20ARE%2C%20AREN%27T%20THEY%20SO%20COOL/
>>
>>80310098

I'd really rather not
>>
>>80307714

What? Panda is cringe-incarnate; not in a mean way as it's very gentle ribbing, but still.
>>
>>80309764
They only put up a general on /co/ every week a day before a new episode, though.
>>
I like it. It IS kind of over-contemporary, but it's got a cute charm to it that I like.

Ice Bear is literally just Ferb, though.
>>
>>80305041
But adolescents aren't millennials. They're going to be something else that we'll define later when they join the work force.
>>
Notice how the only words people ever use to describe it are "cozy" and "cute", the kind of bullshit nonsense buzzwords you only use to describe something of no actual substance. It's extremely and overly safe, with it's round non-threatening shapes, unchallenging sterile musical score and dull color palette. There's nothing interesting, exciting or in any way worthwhile about it.

It's precisely the kind of show you get when you make a huge list of everything that might be offensive to someone create a concept by avoiding them all. You end up with the very blandest form of animated diarrhea. Just switch off your brain and watch. You won't chuckle, you won't frown either. It's just a series of ancient cartoon clichés wrapped in a layer of unimaginative pandering. Smartphones, social networking sites, cool brown women hijabs and youtube references.

It's a show practically made for tumblr. Not kidding, not exaggerating and not trolling. The tumblr majority has very specific likes when it comes to cartoons (they have to be either quirky or cozy) and this one has been systematically created to click with the current generation.

The result is a vapid show void of anything interesting or new, other than the constant nods to current technology. Sadly these will feel dated two years from now, as with any show which to this degree is a product of its time.
>>
>>80311524
I notice that people have described it as a fun slice of life featuring three characters that are likable enough on their own, but together form chemistry that is familiar in some ways and unique in others. While the show doesn't rely heavily on absurdity to make it's jokes, it relies on multiple refreshing character moments that can make it come off as dull to those expecting something more comedic.
>>
>>80305017
>>80305032
Why do we always get the same type of thread and response?
>>
File: tumblr_o2jqt5YzaQ1sxhdxso1_1280.gif (923KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2jqt5YzaQ1sxhdxso1_1280.gif
923KB, 600x600px
>>80311524
>"bullshit nonsense buzzwords you only use to describe something of no actual substance."
Nah, it has meaning, it's just that it's used to describe a type of entertainment that you happen to dislike.
Also,
>"cute" being a buzzword that describes no substance
Okay whatever you say friend.
>>
>>80311739
>slice of life
You know this is weeaboo speak for "shit writing and nothing ever happens" and not a good thing, right?
>>
>>80311739
That's a whole lotta nothin' you just said.
>>
this show is pretty tumblr desu
>>
It'll be completely outdated in a couple years
>>
File: tumblr_nuuha9901A1s69ejpo1_1280.jpg (123KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuuha9901A1s69ejpo1_1280.jpg
123KB, 1136x640px
>>80311846
Tumblr actually hates it because it made a crossdressing joke once.
>>
>>80311794
But King of the Hill is my favorite slice of life anime.

>>80311826
Go back to twitter.
>>
It won't be remembered. Generic and dull, banking completely on resonating with the millennials who will think it's too camp and embarrassing a year from now.
>>
>>80311924
That's what they said about Daria, but replace "millennials" with "generation x".
>>
File: charlie.png (306KB, 768x614px) Image search: [Google]
charlie.png
306KB, 768x614px
>>80309653
those are the worst episodes. the creator claims they're for character exploration but the cubs act no different from their adult counterparts. they get into the same kind of hijinks as manchildren, so why do we need a weakened version of that with shrill voices
>>
>>80305017
It's fun, the art style and animations is good, I wish they would stop forcing memes into the show
>>
>>80312414
What memes are forced into the show?
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.