[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Doing the rebirth origin... again. >https://www.youtu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

File: 1453308472008.jpg (28KB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
1453308472008.jpg
28KB, 580x326px
>Doing the rebirth origin... again.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxiSV0d_6Vw

Why? Don't they want it to be the least bit different from the show? And it's a crappy origin anyway. Just copying Batman, Spider-Man etc. The Flash shouldn't be a tragic hero.
>>
I dunno why Johns has such a boner for that shitty backstory, like Barry couldn't just be a nerd who wants to help people
>>
>>79155996
From what I've seen "cape movie concept artist" sounds like the easiest job in the world. Put together a couple of photos no matter the perspective, composition or proportions, get a layer of digital paint and rake in the fucking money.

Oh yeah and you get to "officially" redesign all the superheroes as well which I suspect is the opportunity anyone here would kill for
>>
>>79156050
>I dunno why Johns has such a boner for that shitty backstory
Because he wrote it?
>>
>>79156050
And it was fun that he had both of his parents. More relatable than most characters. And proves that heroes don't need to be motivated by tragedy.
>>
>>79156050
>I dunno why Johns has such a boner for that shitty backstory

Johns can suck his own cock and is unwilling to do an adaptation of something he didnt do.
Why do you think so many people doesnt want him in the league movie?
>>
>>79156082
Marvel's concept artists are pretty good, I don't know why DC employed these guys. Their art was very subpar.
>>
>>79156126
Yeah. The only real good thing he did was on Green Lantern desu.
>>
>>79156130
How long does it take a concept artist to work? Could they illustrate some comics?
>>
>>79155996
I really hate the "dead mom" origin.
>>
>>79155996
>exposed fingers
but why
Also the costume kinda looks... ugly in that pic. Not because it isn't comic or show flash, but because the only thing standing out on it is the fucking bolt, and no gold ear things. Like what the hell. There might not also be enough differing shades to break it up.
>>
>>79156050
>conecting Flash's greater villan to his origin is a bad idea
No, it is actually great.
>>
>>79155996
>not using the show
>the exact same fucking plot sequence

Fuck this
>>
>>79157600
Me too, it doesnt fit the character, flash doesnt need to be tragic, even the 90's tv show with a police brother that died was a better origin.
I guess that Johns is using his power as CCO to push his version of the characterto the mainstream
>>
>>79157898
Go away Geoff!
>>
>>79157765
>>exposed fingers
>Flash now leaves fingerprints everywhere exposing his identity
>>
>>79157967
>having to connect two separate universes without using multiverse shenanigans
>having to correlate a tv show and movie events
nah, as much as Grant Gustin has grown on me, he doesn't have the charisma to be the lead of a Flash movie.
>>
>>79157898
It's terrible. Just like the joker killing the waynes.
>>
>>79158248
Or the "Court of Owls" now.
>>
>>79158369
Court of Owls didn't kill the Waynes either. They killed Alfred's dad, but the Waynes were still killed by a mugger.
>>
>>79158248
That's really different, Joker killing the Waynes is just random. RF killing Barry's mom is not random at all, RF aimed directly to Barry's family with a propouse.
>>
File: nicetripsthough.jpg (42KB, 736x441px) Image search: [Google]
nicetripsthough.jpg
42KB, 736x441px
>>79158444
It's still dumb.
>>
>>79158608
ur mom is dumb
>>
>>79158822
You havnt give a single reason why is a good idea to send Barry's dad to jail and to make him lost his mom. It was a cheap way to make his story tragic.
>>
>>79159057
Correct.
>>
>>79158181
If Gal Gadot and Jason Momoa can make the cut, so can Gustin.
>>
>>79158181
>he doesn't have the charisma to be the lead of a Flash movie.
But gadot and mamoa do?
>>
So what would you suggest
>>
>>79158130
dont fingerprints only matter if you have been arrested once before thus you have been entered into the fingerprint database held by police?
>>
>>79159937
>>79159912
I'll give you Gal, but Mamoa is great in The Red Road.
>>
>>79155996
the way they describe it i was expecting the costume to be like the DCUO cinematic

thank god is nothing like that
>>
>>79160071
But he's part of the police. Don't they take fingerprints?
>>
>>79160361
I have no idea
>>
>everyone that watches the show falls in line for the movie
>people that didnt dont know the story
>>
>>79155996
Worst retconned origin ever.
>>
>>79161193
I was more pissed at Billy's new52 origin, but it's already being retconned, the only OC that still lives is the shitty name and the abo wizard.
>>
>>79155996
>don't they want to change the origin?
Of course not
>>
>>79164036
*best origin
>>
I actually don't mind the rebirth Origin... but doing it kinda pigonholes them into HAVING to do Barry Vs Eobard... Which doesn't exactly help make their version of the Flash feel different from the TV Flash. I mean I guess they can just wait a few movies before Barry finally finds out about Eobard or something.
>>
>>79156408
And 52?
And Hawkman?
And Stars and STRIPE?
And Justice Society and JSA?
And Superman?
And Booster Gold?
And Batman: Earth One?

But no you're right, he's most generic run is his best.
>>
>>79164090
They don't have to do anything like that. It doesn't have to be a speedster, it could be Mirror Master killed her from a mirror. It could be Captain Cold froze her heart. It could be Grodd taking over his dad and making him bash his mom in the skull. They can do anything.
>>
>>79159057
It makes sense. RF wants a way to truly hurt him, killing Barry's mom does that
>>
>>79164176

Other villains can't exactly time travel. They'd have no reason to fuck with the Allen's before Barry was the Flash.
>>
>>79164513
They don't have to, that's the point of having a new story. Say his dad, a doctor, does everything he can to save [insert villain here]'s dying sister and fails. They want revenge so they kill his wife, frame him for it, and Barry still becomes the Flash.
>>
>>79164513
Don't be retarded. They don't have to time travel via their own means. Captain Boomerang got sent to the future once and knocked up Bart Allen's mom.
>>
>>79164645
issue please
>>
>>79165691
It wasn't shown, only implied. But Flash v2 224 and 225.
>>
>>79164176
Johns literally says the movie is about time travel.
>>
DCCU = TV Show Universe & Movie Universe COMPLETELY SEPARATE

MCU = Movie Universe & TV Show Universe COMPLETELY CONNECTED
>>
File: dont.png (174KB, 479x203px) Image search: [Google]
dont.png
174KB, 479x203px
>>79167312
>>
>>79167312
And there's an issue there how? The budget for a TV show is a lot fucking less and it shows for both sides, especially the garbage actors they have parading in their shows.
>>
>>79164036
But that wasn't the origin until Johns felt the need to make the Flash more like Batman.
>>
>>79155996
I'm so sick of origin films.
>>
>>79169734
blame the causals
>>
>>79156126
>so many people doesnt want him in the league movie
Try again.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.