[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Their relationship is too safe. They need to be separated from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: beth and jerry.png (1MB, 1910x1080px) Image search: [Google]
beth and jerry.png
1MB, 1910x1080px
Their relationship is too safe. They need to be separated from each other for a good, long period of time and not just over the course of one episode. As of right now, their defining characteristic is their marriage to each other and that, I gather, is why people don't really enjoy their plots because it's the same failing marriage story over and over.
>>
Yeah, they should spend a few episodes apart
>>
They should get a divorce. Their repairs never last, and they hate each other more than they like each other.
>>
I feel like they're gonna split up during season 3. If Beth finds out that the federation got the info on Rick from Jerry (I know he didn't, but Rick said it was Jerry), then Beth is gonna leave Jerry so fucking quickly.
>>
>>78937353
I think they love each other but forget why they got together in the first place. We know nothing of their past, just of their current horrible marriage and what the future would have been like had they not had their children.
>>
the joke of how their marriage is terrible got uninteresting in Season 1 desu, don't know why they continued it in Season 2
>>
>>78937235
i disagree. it's a DIFFERENT failing marriage story in every episode. I'm tired of that being a problem, but each new episode about the problem is fresh at least.
I'd rather see a few episodes dedicated to jerry becoming less of a shit and people giving him a little respect. Maybe now that earth has all this advanced alien influence, their backstory is seen as quaint and oldfashioned, but then some other traditionalist alien culture thinks he's good for having reproduced young and still gotten a decent career
and beth could develop a personality beyond bein' a bitch. maybe focus on how she misses her pop
>>
>>78937716
The problem is that the theme behind their story is the same and people get tired of that. I liked the new season and what was revealed of the strength/weakness of their relationship, but I think they need to stand alone for some time.

And... well... Beth being a horse doctor... with all these aliens around. Harmond and Roiland would be stupid to not put in a horse-like alien species into the show to be her clients. (Houyhnhnms anyone?)
>>
>>78937979
>beth and all veterinarians turn out to be lousy at horse doctoring, from the perspective of actual horse aliens
>they confiscate all earth horses until we learn how to care for them better
>beth is publically made at fault for the worldwide loss of equestrianism

no seriously though how the fuck is this show going to survive and get back to normalcy? surely they can't keep telling stories like this
>>
>>78938492
simple

this is the final season
>>
>>78938492
It's very improvisational, so I wouldn't put it past Harmond and Roiland to shit all over their season and pretend it was a dream/hallucination.

>inb4 the entire series is Morty hallucinating on those seeds he shoved up his ass in season 1
>>
>>78937979

Assuming the season premiere doesn't just reset everything back to normal.

Wouldn't put it past them.
>>
>>78938593
That too.

One of the few times I agree with you, Boco. You ego-tripping faggot.
>>
And hey, don't forget: theres still the happy, madly-in-love-with-one-another Jerry and Beth in the Cronenberg universe.

Sure, they and Summer are the only humans left on Earth, but its something.
>>
>>78938538
yeah unfortunately that's the only way I can see things going
>>78938544
>>78938593
nah theyre not hacks. theyd make fun of the concept, possibly both at once (morty wakes up, thinks everything was a dream, but THAT is the dream), but they'd never do it for real.
>>
>>78937235
I fucking love their plot and I think it is one of this shows strong point. I'd like to delve more into what makes Beth a bitch and what makes Jerry weak, I'd also like to delve more into what they saw in each other in the first place. I don't want them to split up just yet, maybe in season 4. I still think we have many more ways to explore their dynamics before they go their separate ways.
>>
>>78938761
poor Summer on that world.
>great. now i'm gonna die a virgin. that or make like Lot's daughters.
>I guess I can pee wherever I want now. There's that at least.
hopefully cronenberg rick and morty show up and build them a ship so they can go hang out somewhere else.
>>
>>78938873
>nah theyre not hacks
Go to bed, Justin.
>>
>>78937235
I think Jerry should become a millionaire when they are apart. To show it's not Jerry holding Beth back but vise versa.

If I know the show, They'll probably do the "apart" episodes by cucking Jerry with 10 to 30 different guys before him getting her back.
>>
>>78941344
those dubs incline me to believe you
>>
they hate each other in safe place but love each other when in danger. They should go with Rick and become space family
>>
>>78941737
I'm hoping we get berserker Jerry when the jailbreak happens.

Shooting down waves of those bugs, finally running out of ammo, then just diving into them and tearing them apart.

End of the episode he's back to normal, but he carries around one of their arms that he occasionally sucks on like a crab leg.
>>
>>78937235
>People are still exploring failing marriages in animated media after this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWUOcTIgI18&ab_channel=AmFah
>>
>>78937235
Honestly i kind of see them as the inverse of most regular relationships where you love each other when there aren't any problems but fall apart when the chips are down. For Beth and Jerry they almost can't stand each other when things are safe and uninteresting but when life throws them a curveball they are at their best together. It's kind of ironic that although Rick hates jerry it's probably thanks to Rick and his craziness that they're still together.
>>
>>78942343
Ironically Rick's never around for the few times Jerry actually gets his shit together and grows a pair. If he were he'd probably have some more respect for him. Not much, but some.
>>
>>78941917
there are failing / dysfunctional marriages

and then there are ISIS massacre marriages.
>>
>>78941917
God damn I'd almost forgotten how fucked this show is.
>>
>>78941917
My favorite show of all time.
>>
Presumably they cuck Jerry like his dad was
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.