[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people actually like I mean, not as a follow up the the original,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

File: tumblr_nrmvnv0JHL1qdachco1_1280.png (546KB, 663x494px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrmvnv0JHL1qdachco1_1280.png
546KB, 663x494px
Do people actually like
I mean, not as a follow up the the original, I can see they are two different shows
But as a comedy show it's so mean spirited, and so loud and obnoxious. It's like Johny Test for DC.
>>
File: TTG_ep113_TheFourthWall_Still01.jpg (226KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
TTG_ep113_TheFourthWall_Still01.jpg
226KB, 1200x675px
>>78664253
>Reminder that TTG agrees with you that the show is complete shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AsomkWscrA
>>
>>78664253
>It's like Johny Test for DC.
You don't even know how true that is, TTG has basically taken up all the slots that used to be taken up by Johnny Test
It's literally a cheap show to fill time slots, people can find maybe a joke or to that does get a laugh but for the most part the show is shit and the people who go overboard defending it are autistic as fuck
>>
>>78664315
>show pokes fun of itself for banter
>that means its "admitting its shit"

how about no

anyway OP yes I do like it because its a funny cartoon show and I'm not warped enough to be offended by cartoon characters being "mean spirited"
>>
File: DCUbook.jpg (979KB, 1280x2880px) Image search: [Google]
DCUbook.jpg
979KB, 1280x2880px
>>78664253
>that joker

kek
>>
>>78664253
I never understood the autistic hate boner certain people have for this show.
>>
>>78664404
A. Muh Teen Titans nostalgia getting shat on
B. Don't you know that slapstick has no place in the universe anymore, and that all cartoons should be purged from the glorious /co/ empire if they don't literally make you curl in a ball and cry a river about the meaning of life every other episode?
>>
>>78664253
It's for kids anon. Stop watching it.
>>
>>78664404

>NOT MUH TITANS
>Too Cartoony for a DC show
>>
>>78664404
I forget it even exists most of the time. If it weren't for these threads I'd assume it was cancelled.
>>
>>78664253
I liked Teen Titans when it was on. I like Go! now. More importantly, my kid daughter and anyone under 10 I meet love the show. People here who are mad about the show are largely manchildren upset their weeaboo show didn't get a proper ending.
>>
>>78664391
>OMG GO BACK TO JAIL
>>
This would have been an ok show if it had used original characters. The characters don't even have the same personalities as in the original show so its really only 'teen titans' by name
>>
>>78664361
>tfw you hate it when you win
>>
>>78664253
>But as a comedy show it's so mean spirited, and so loud and obnoxious. It's like Johny Test for DC.

Really? That's why you hated Johnny Test? Everyone else hated it because it had rubbish writing, no humour, horrible animation, and had practically no creativity at all. How do you manage to screw up hating Johnny Test?

Seriously though, "mean-sprited" and "obnoxious" aren't valid complaints. That basically describes every slapstick show there is.
>>
>>78664315
As others gladly point out, it's only showing that there's differences, not that the creators still wish they were making that other show. It's really more of them showing that they're AWARE of how different the new show is, but still want to keep going with it.
>>
File: 3MzBGXm.gif (937KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
3MzBGXm.gif
937KB, 720x405px
>got cable back up last time i had it was 2006
>thank god i wasent there with the live action shit on cartoon network

>changes the channel
>TTG is on
>everytime i change the channel....TTG is always on

what has happened to you CN? you were never this bad
>>
>>78664315
Funny as fuck. I still don't think I could sit through most random episodes of TTG, but it has funny gags on occasion.
>>
>>78665851
>That's why you hated Johnny Test? Everyone else hated it because it had rubbish writing, no humour, horrible animation, and had practically no creativity at all.
Why did you go from talking about Johnny Test to describing TTG?
>>
It's well written, Johnny Test never had that.
>>
>>78673337
You think you're funny, cunt?
>>
>>78673428
Incorrect tosser, Johnny Test actively tried to be it's own thing. Meanwhile TTG waffles waffles waffles waffles.
>>
So how does this show compare to supernoobs?
>>
>>78673583
Both are shit, noobs was canceled only because they already had a time-holder show that was popular with autist.
>>
>>78673429
You seems mad.
>>
>>78673482
Look, there's a lot of hammed in humor that is purely "hype bacon pizza" 90's legacy garbage, but the jokes about the characters and the DC universe are great.
>>
>>78673583
Supernoobs is surprisingly more tolerable.
>>
>>78673651
>Jokes about DC is great.
Such a shame you need to have already read the comics and cartoons to get them, and even if you did I imagine you wouldn't be watching this show to begin with.
>>
It reminds me of the crackfics I used to write when I was a kid watching the first series.

Plus my 10 y/o niece and 11 y/o nephew like it, so that's fun.

We had a few rousing rounds of singing WAFFLES WAFFLES WAFF-LES! over Christmas to annoy my sister.
>>
File: gun.jpg (20KB, 310x156px) Image search: [Google]
gun.jpg
20KB, 310x156px
>>78664253
>it's a "this show sucks and you should feel bad for liking it" episode
>>
>mean spirited, and so loud and obnoxious
yeah, why would anyone on /co/ like that?
>>
>>78664253
>>78664315
It's just a self-aware Johnny Test with the Teen Titans.
>>
>>78664391
>Dr. Light doesn't make creepy sexual predator comments

Missed opportunity.
>>
>>78673688
I actually feel that most who enjoy the series are avid DC fans.
The rest are likely just kids that laugh LMAO BURRITOS ROFL.
I understand they need that in order for the show to survive, since no one actually reads comics, but it would be so good if the show was just DC jokes all around.
>>
>>78664253
People like all kinds of terrible things here...
>>
"Mean spirited" doesn't mean bad. Amazing World of Gumball is incredibly mean spirited and it's the best show on CN. No, Teen Titans Go! just has bad writing and jokes plain and simple.
>>
>It's like Johny Test for DC.
I don't buy this. TTG has good designs, (slightly) better animation, and decent to good humor save for some lolsorandom moments.
>>
>>78664253
it's a good show, and it does really well entertaining kids. my cousins can just sit in front of the tv and watch this for an hour without making a sound, it's amazing. however, it's not meant for grumpy fatasses watching cartoons.
>>
>>78676762
>TTG has good designs.
Which are taken from TT.
>(slightly) better animation
That's not saying much.
>decent to good humor save for some lolsorandom moments.
Show already said that it was shit, stop defending it.
>>
>>78664253
Why do kids like it so much? It's a spinoff of a show that aired more than 10 years ago. Isn't the comedy supposed to be that the Titans are doing out of character things? If you never knew about the original like most kids, you wouldn't get the jokes.
>>
It's alright Def not as bad as everyone acts it had some pretty cool shit in it like an urn next to a crowbar engraved Robin two and some dope DC characters you never could have got in the original the humor is definitely for kids and the action isn't even worth animating but it's better than Johnny test
>>
>>78677122
>Why do kids like it so much?
Because they like literally anything you put in front of them.
>>
>>78677122
Because CN tells them what to like and then force feeds them for good measure
>>
File: 1450229876294.png (166KB, 346x352px) Image search: [Google]
1450229876294.png
166KB, 346x352px
>>78674341

This post is fucking underrated
>>
>>78677001
make me maggot
>>
File: 1444704096487.png (147KB, 378x308px) Image search: [Google]
1444704096487.png
147KB, 378x308px
>>78676279
>Amazing World of Gumball is incredibly mean spirited

Yes, but not in the same tone.

AWOG goes all the way with it, and Gumball usually takes a strong stance with whatever ironic moral they're using to make a jokes and do a sort of reductio ad absurdum with that line of thought until it blows up in their faces and they have some kind of goofy resolution about how silly Gumball is being.

It seems like TTG is either being very hipsterish, or lazy about it because I think I've read in an interview that they tend to write episodes according to what ridiculous situations they want to write. So they come up with something that does that, and they treat the theme of the episode itself like a big joke that you're supposed to get. That's why the episodes sometimes end with nothing really resolved. It's supposed to be funny in some kind of meta, snobbish, subversive of expectations way that hipsters would appreciate, and kids and other people don't care enough about to not giggle at the sillyness.

In other words, Gumball writes absurd stories that are conveyed through humor, while TTG creates absurd situations which allow jokes to be made by the writers though the show, not unlike how sitcoms are usually written by comedians who star in their own show. Think about Louis or Everybody Loves Raymond. That's basically TTG, but the actors are the VA's and the writers are comedians but not by title.

It's for this reason that a lot of people instinctively hate to call this typical western animation. Not to rag on it, but it's basically a Live Action TV show made in Canadian animation. It's not of itself terrible, but it's qualities are basically borrowed from another art medium, and it has nothing that's special about what we've come to know as western animation, even compared to non-serious shows like Spongebob or Fosters.

Please, somebody check me on this. Isn't this the trend of western animation nowadays? Isn't this just an animated version of CN Live?
>>
It's just an incredibly terrible show that's cheap to make and always fucking on so my hate for it is magnified because I wanna tune in on CN to actually watch other than "Ironic shitposting: The Cartoon"
It can't even function as non-obtrusive background noise because characters seem to constantly be screaming.
>>
File: 1448294669023.png (11KB, 157x151px) Image search: [Google]
1448294669023.png
11KB, 157x151px
>>78664253
i like it. i don't take it seriously. it's fun.
>>
>>78664315
damn, when Teen Titans Go is funny, it's really fucking funny
>>
>>78677001
>Show already said that it was shit, stop defending it.
=/= a self parody
>>
File: 1451199348878.gif (646KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1451199348878.gif
646KB, 320x240px
I like the show whenever the episodes aren't
>theres some quest that was introduced by raven's book
>beast boy and cyborg just being retarded
>another fucking scene of RAVEN IS A BRONY OHHHHH TARA STRONG GET IT?
aside from that shit the show is pretty alright
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.