[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's up with aliens in comic books? Why is every single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: MM.jpg (218KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MM.jpg
218KB, 1920x1080px
So what's up with aliens in comic books? Why is every single race out there made up of godlike beings? Or are humans just the genetic defects of the galaxy?
>>
>>78544223
They are older breh. We are disgusting little young primates.
>>
>>78544223
You have very limited experience.
>>
Stop reading capeshit.
>>
I'm pretty sure in the DCU Martians made humans weaker to prevent them from becoming a threat.
>>
>>78544223
>humans
>not a race of godlike beings
Humans just haven't quite reached the point were even civilians are superheroes
>>
You're kind of just overreacting. In DC for example it's only Kryptonians, Martians, and Daxamites who are particularly godlike naturally. Durlans are kind of hax too I guess, but plenty of more 'normal" races like Dominator, Coluans, most GL species, etc.
>>
>>78544273
what's starfire's power? that she's from Tamaran. what's maxima's power? that she's from almerac. what's J'onn's power? oh he's from mars so of course he's superman, whose power is he's from krypton.
in marvel you've got the kree and the shi'ar, who can break humans in half. it's like we're the weakest species in the universe
>>78544349
those are a small number of metas though, it's not the same thing
>>
>>78544463
Starfire's powers are not natural. She was experimented on.
>>
>>78544463
In Ben 10, they made a spin on this trope, and humanitty super power was being able to have sex and breed with every alien specie that exist, no matter if they are made of rock or fiire. They always resulted in hybrids too.
>>
>>78544372
thanagarians too. i mean even if the alien species isn't "godlike", they're always significantly stronger
>>
>>78544603
That's my favorite Human-hat, the fucker-of-all-things
>>
File: se1.jpg (184KB, 657x965px) Image search: [Google]
se1.jpg
184KB, 657x965px
Well, kryptonians at least are dependent on the solar system
>>
>>78544223
The lack of marvel creativity.
>>
>>78544223
White Martians tampered with early life forms on earth, resulting in a crippled human race who were previously destined to weild godlike powers
>>
>>78544995
So high-level superpowers really are the galactic "standard" and humans are just Thalidomide babies? that's kind of hilarious
>>
>>78544297
>>78544995
>DCU martians
>implying they didn't do the same to us in the real world

Martian niggers!
>>
>>78544995
Ditto Marvel, but replace white martians with celestials. They made some humans mutants and kept the rest down to normal. the inhumans were the unexpected side-effect
>>
File: 17494548451.jpg (529KB, 688x1044px) Image search: [Google]
17494548451.jpg
529KB, 688x1044px
Most like to make humans seem like insignificant back water trash.

I prefer humanity FUCK YEAH in comics.
>>
>>78545385
You can show humans being backwater trash by having aliens be technologically superior though, it's strange almost all of them are insanely biologically superior
>>
File: 48915151514.jpg (1MB, 2048x1606px) Image search: [Google]
48915151514.jpg
1MB, 2048x1606px
>>78545562

I dunno because EVOLUTION or SCIENCE

I prefer mushrooms though
>>
>>78544662
Only Thanagarian elite are strong, but only due to their adavnced technology.
>>
Why are humans the only ones who have magic? Where the alien wizards at?
>>
>>78545873
DC has a whole Sorcerer's World
>>
>>78544603
And then they did a shitty retcon to undo that.
>>
Consider the following:

For every alien planet with super-strong aliens, there are a 100 other inhabited planets with normal, boring aliens without powers that we never see because they're boring and comics are only about exciting things.
>>
>>78545905
everyone on zerox is from earth though
>>
>>78546058
Maybe the initial settlers but aliens with magic go there too over time. You see them in LoSH stuff.
>>
>>78545873
>Implying magic and science are not the same.

In the ongoing MMH, the martian race went to shit because of them practising blood magic.
>>
>>78545358
The celestials didn't make inhumans the kree did. Also you forgot about the deviants and Eternals.
>>
>>78544463
>it's like we're the weakest species in the universe

And yet, when the wars were wages, Terrans not only prevailed, but actually pushed their shit back.

Let me remind you , a Terran was a ruler of the entire Shi'ar emipre in one of the biggest cosmic wars that actually broke the time-space continuum.

who is the Sorcerer Supreme? A Terran

Who kicked Builders out of our universe? United forces lead by Terrans

Who defeated The Annihilation Wave? United forces lead by Terrans.
>>
>>78545358
in marvel it's the human races destiny to kill all the cosmic beings and end the universe
>>
>>78544223
Because it's superhero comics, not hard sci-fi. Being an alien is just an origin story like radiation.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.