[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For the longest time I had no idea Disney put out a few Roger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: disneycaresaboutfeminism.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
disneycaresaboutfeminism.gif
1MB, 500x281px
For the longest time I had no idea Disney put out a few Roger Rabbit shorts to go with some of their late 80's and early 90's movies.
>>
>>78509131
>>
>>78509131
yeah, i don't know why.
it was kinda odd really, i guess they though RR was gonna take off. i do remember they had jessica rabbit items at a store at disneyland.
>>
>>78509131
i also picked up a pretty nice Jessica doll this year for nothing. i think its over a foot tall, just nice merch, fucking love the movie, got it on fucking laserdisc!
>>
File: Toontown_transit_sm.jpg (40KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
Toontown_transit_sm.jpg
40KB, 500x344px
>>78509200
>>78509131
Roger Rabbit was hugely popular back in the day. He was the original Stitch/Olaf.

If it weren't for DIsneyland Paris flopping and killing most of the Disney Decade projects, Roger Rabbit was gonna get his own land at Disney MGM Studios. Yeah, there was Toontown at Disneyland, but this was to be more actively dedicated to the film with a precursor to the dark ride we got at Disneyland centered on Baby Herman, a simulator ride on a Toontown bus, and a rollercoaster based on the Rollercoaster Rabbit short.

Additionally, sequel plans and a fourth shorts ended up on the shelf because of Eisner getting into a feud with Spielberg around the time Katzenberg got booted (hence why they formed Dreamworks), and Spielberg deciding he didn't have it in him to do the original plan for a second Roger film, which was a prequel set in World War II. After Schindler's List, Spielberg didn't want to do anymore films with Nazis as pulp baddies or comically inept ones.
>>
>>78509131
>>78509160
If you consider these shorts taking place after the movie, that means that Roger convinced the new owners of Maroon Cartoons to allow his wife to appear in his shorts. That's kind of sweet, you know?
>>
>>78510417
>You will never live in a world with more Roger Rabbit stuff.
>>
>>78509131
There's a really nice shoop of her topless.
I have it saved but I can't find it for the life of me
>>
>>78510548
Oh yeah, and the World War II Roger film had this subplot about Roger trying to discover who his real parents were.

Turns out they were Bugs Bunny and a human woman, the reveal accompanied by Bugs saying "Ain't I a stinker?"
>>
>>78510417
>Roger Rabbit was hugely popular back in the day. He was the original Stitch/Olaf.

Bingo. I'm glad someone else remembers this. Publicity mentioned that Disney intended to make Roger as popular as Mickey's gang overnight, and at the time they seemed to succeed. Love him or hate him, Roger was everywhere until Disney/Spielberg politics caused a deliberate backbenching of the Roger characters.

>Roger Rabbit was gonna get his own land at Disney MGM Studios. Yeah, there was Toontown at Disneyland, but this was to be more actively dedicated to the film

Do I dimly remember that this themed area was actually to have been called Hollywoodland? It was also have featured "Dick Tracy's Crimestoppers," back when Disney expected its Dick Tracy movie to be a guaranteed success.

The 1990s saw a huge amount of corporate nostalgia for 1940s Hollywood and its associated comedy, cartoons, and Film Noir. Warner actively rode this wave throughout the decade—until Jamie Kellner deliberately used his power at WB and CN to flog Scooby-Doo and Pokemon and bury WB's older evergreen properties.
Life's a bitch.
>>
>>78510548
>You will never live in a world with more Jessica Rabbit stuff

that is the worst crime. i need more big boobed sexy voiced redheads, dammit
>>
>>78511877
Dick Tracy was another part of those expansion plans. I believe both the Roger Rabbit area and Tracy were gonna veer off of Sunset Boulevard, around where Rock n Roller Coaster is now.

Biggest thing I wish they had built from those plans was the full Muppet Studios land set for the Muppetvision area.
>>
Does anybody have a slow motion GIF of the scene from Who Framed Roger Rabbit, where you can see up Jessica's skirt to reveal she's not wearing panties? (I'm not requesting this. I'm just curious)
>>
>>78513805
I do.
>>
>>78515648
He might not be requesting it, but I'm pretty sure the rest of us would worship you if you posted them.
>>
>>78511877
>Bingo. I'm glad someone else remembers this. Publicity mentioned that Disney intended to make Roger as popular as Mickey's gang overnight, and at the time they seemed to succeed. Love him or hate him, Roger was everywhere until Disney/Spielberg politics caused a deliberate backbenching of the Roger characters.

Would make for a great plot for a second movie, a toons popularity on the rise only for it to be held back and eventually shot down because of feuding creators.
>>
>>78510417
>>78511877
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApSzmzhflMA
He was even in the parks for awhile
>>
File: PHicGaUoj2nFlm_1_l.jpg (176KB, 641x950px) Image search: [Google]
PHicGaUoj2nFlm_1_l.jpg
176KB, 641x950px
>>78509131
NEVER EVER
>>
File: 1392939252307.gif (3MB, 251x389px) Image search: [Google]
1392939252307.gif
3MB, 251x389px
>>
>>78518256
>>78518547

We could get a WFRR world in Kingdom Hearts 3, but there's a shitload of problems to get around. At the very least Roger just cameos in a certain world and that's it.
>>
>>78510417
Don't forget that they wanted Richard Williams to keep working on Roger Rabbit. However, Richard was working on Roger Rabbit to get the funding he needed for Thief and the Cobbler. He got sick and tired working on Roger Rabbit since it took time away for what he objectively thought was his masterpiece.

I wish they did do more shorts (at least) and another movie (if it was as good or better than the first). If only to see more Jessica.
>>
>>78518256
>The real badguy is their lawyers, who have been fanning the flames for profit.
>>
File: g5w69yR.gif (3MB, 350x185px) Image search: [Google]
g5w69yR.gif
3MB, 350x185px
>>78509131

Fuck Disney nowadays.

they wont gonna make things like this anymore because they afraid some soccer moms or religious people will sue them.

Fuck this world.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.