[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So did this movie even if it wasn't that great prove that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (45KB, 531x277px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 531x277px
So did this movie even if it wasn't that great prove that Blue Sky arent a bunch of talentless hacks?
>>
>Ice Age
>Robots
>Ice Age: The Meltdown
>Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who!
>Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
>Rio
>Ice Age: Continental Drift
>Epic
>Rio 2
>The Peanuts Movie
Holy shit, literally their first truly great film.
>>
>>78434662
They were never talentless hacks, they just had problem with getting good writers.
>>
>>78434662
>20th Century Fox's first animated film to get a Golden Globe nomination since Anastasia
>made by Blue Sky
>>
>>78434850
>implying Rio wasn't great
>>
>>78435650
I enjoyed Rio, but it it was frankly unremarkable and with a predictable story. It did have amazing animation and visuals, but not much else aside from a few good songs.
>>
>>78435619
What other studios do they own?
>>
>>78434850
wha?
Ice Age, Robots and Rio are straight classics.
>>
>>78435781
tell me the plot of robots without looking it up
>>
File: Capture9.jpg (11KB, 122x84px) Image search: [Google]
Capture9.jpg
11KB, 122x84px
>>78434662
>even if it wasn't that great
>>
>>78435801
>there's no way to prove I didnt look at the plot.
>Try my best
about an "incompetent" Robot who realizes he has greater potential, stopping an Evil organization, wacky hijinks
>>
>>78434850
First Ice Age was great. Horton was good too.
>>
>>78435801
mel brooks is a fat jew robot and that slimy silver robot dude wants to take over the company i think he was voiced by alec baldwin

edit: it was greg kinnear
>>
>>78435801
Ewen McGregor wants to be a great adventure and prove to his dad he can make it, finds that his idol is being controlled by a greedy villain. Ends up saving the day.
>>
>>78435801
Not him.

Rodney Copperbottom, a young man from a small town with a lower-middle-class family, aspires to be an inventor. His idol is Bigweld, a robot who, from his company in Robot City, encouraged invention, development, and made loads of money. Rodney looked for employment in this company, but arrived after Bigweld's departure and was blocked by the policies of an executive, Ratchet. Meeting other robots after being kicked out, he learns of Ratchet's efforts to change Bigweld Industries and thus begins an adventure to find Bigweld and return him to his company whilst Ratchet and his mom, Madame Gasket plot to turn the lower-class robots and outmodes into scrap for upgrades. Class struggles, etc etc.

It's not a classic.
>>
>>78435769
I think Reel FX which made The Book of Life.
Don Bluth also worked with them for Anastasia and Titan A.E.
>>
File: squidward.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
squidward.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
>>78434662
>it wasn't that great
>>
>>78435801
An elaborate Disney allegory where an idealistic young creative goes to apply to Disney, only to encounter Michael Eisner running the company and him shitting on/destroying all the old stuff in favor of entirely hollow new crap. The guy then gets the Walt/Roy stand-in to help him in leading a revolt against Eisner and save Disney.

Of course, it's all wrapped up in wacky robot shenanigans, the fantastically whimsical designs of William Joyce, and horribly dated pop-culture jokes, but that whole shitstorm that happened at Disney in the early 2000s was definitely in people's minds across the industry and Robots came out right around the climax of Roy Disney's revolt.
>>
>>78436003
"Why be hand-drawn when you can be CG?"
>>
>>78435801
>plebs caring about plots
I liked peanuts and the plot is literally some loser kid wanting to impress his crush.
>>
>>78434662
>even if it wasn't that great

It was the best Peanuts-related product of the 21st century, you blockhead.
>>
File: tumblr_mrk0to7pos1seji43o1_1280.png (241KB, 1280x1086px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrk0to7pos1seji43o1_1280.png
241KB, 1280x1086px
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.