[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking at the animation style here, do you think "This

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Looking at the animation style here, do you think "This is classic Simpsons", "This is neo Simpsons", or "This is Transitional Simpsons"?
>>
Transitional.
>>
>>78426029
WHY ARE THERE SO MANY THREADS ABOUT SIMPSONS AND WHAT ERA X EPISODE FALLS INTO?
>>
>>78426880
We are doing exhaustive research and categorization. This is important work, anon.
>>
>>78426029

it's transitional. the lines are crisper and finer, there is no color blurring.
>>
there is original (1-3) classical (4-10), neo-classical (11-15), transitional (16-19), and (HD 20-Present)

this is classical
>>
Transitional. But I'm not saying this because of the animation quality, but because I remember the episode.
>>
>>78427186
I thought Transitional was supposed to be around season 10.
>>
>>78427238
>>78427233
9 and 10 are transitional, in my opinion (though 10 cuts it close with more "bad" or "meh" episodes than before)

11 is the true beginning of neo, because it has Maude dying, Barney becoming sober, and Apu having octuplets.
>>
>>78427238
>>78427285

i meant animation-wise. i thought that was what the thread was about.

classic animation is still present in Mayored to the Mob, season 10.
>>
>>78427352
Then would transitional be when the show switched to digital color in season 14?

Season 20 would also fit both into the transitional and HD periods then, half the season was done in the standard 4:3 format before switching to the current 16:9.
>>
>>78427352
That episode was one of the last done by Anivsion, who gave the simpsons their most distinctive "classic" look (oversized pupils, overbites, bright color palette).
>>
>>78427418

it was around season 7 i believe that the lines, colors, and errors were becoming more and more consistent and correct, and by season 11 they were near-perfect while maintaining that hand-drawn charm.
>>
File: 1320546699571.jpg (16KB, 320x306px) Image search: [Google]
1320546699571.jpg
16KB, 320x306px
but there is no animation in that picture
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.