[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get into Excalibur? What's the good stuff and what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Excalibur_Vol_1_1.jpg (77KB, 402x598px) Image search: [Google]
Excalibur_Vol_1_1.jpg
77KB, 402x598px
How do I get into Excalibur? What's the good stuff and what is the bad I have to avoid.
>>
>>78409806
Reading it seems like a good place to start.
>>
Read Ellis. Ignore the rest.
>>
>>78409920
Fuck you, man. Fuck you.
>>
File: Excalibur reveal.jpg (604KB, 1280x1960px) Image search: [Google]
Excalibur reveal.jpg
604KB, 1280x1960px
>>78409806
Starts off strong but the art and writing get weak halfway through the "Cross-time Caper".
When Alan Davis comes back as writer/artist it get really good and he ties up all the threads that Claremont left hanging.
>>
>>78409985
Basically this.
>>
>>78409806
Read Claremont and Davis, then read the few Ellis issues and that's it. The rest is complete diarrhea, especially the Lobdell issues.

Claremont: From #1 to #34
Davis: From #42 to #67
Ellis: From #83 to #103

That's it.
>>
File: 1439500554120.jpg (245KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1439500554120.jpg
245KB, 1280x720px
>>78411964
>being this mad that some people here are actually helpful instead of shitposters
>>
>>78412080
You only think you're being helpful. All those people that spend all day bitching about Tumblr and shitposting that how dare people like things?

Those are all casuals that people like you welcomed with open arms. They know nothing about comics, so instead of discussing them, they just shitpost about everything.

Rec threads only serve to cause harm, and you need to realize this, or the board will continue to get worse.
>>
>>78411964
Please seek mental treatment, be it in the form of extensive one on one therapy or medication.
>>
>>78412166

So if we guide these people that know nothing about comics to comic we think are good, they'll continue not knowing anything about comics and shit post about them?

Sounds legit. How long did it take you to complete this study?
>>
>>78411914
>>78409806
also read Moore's captain britain
>>
I've read New Excalibur, and thought it was abhorrent. Is the original better? I despised Captain Britain and the MI:13 too, so it might be that I just can't into Marvel's England.
>>
>>78414238
>New Excalibur
You were unfortunate enough to read post 90's Claremont. His 2000's work is abysmal whether it's New Excalibur, New Exiles, or his two separate returns to Uncanny X-Men

The classic stuff is much better
>>
>>78412201
My problem is more that OP is a low-effort question.

>I'm interested in Excalibur
>I really like Character A and I know I do/do not like Ellis/Claremont
>I've looked into it and the 80's/90's/00's stuff looks too bland/just right for me for these reasons I'm about to list
>Any input from /co/?

Instead of just:
>Excalibur is comic. How?
>>
>>78414433
Well they got answers regardless, you don't have to stomp your feet and scream casual every time a thread like this pops up

Unless you just enjoy the attention of people calling you an asshole
>>
>>78414411
Oh wow, I haven't even checked who wrote it. That explains a lot.
>>
>>78412166
Bro, I only see one person shitposting in here. And it's not the guy asking for Recs.

Begone man. And have a merry fucking Christmas.
>>
>>78414411

Agree with this, BUT, recent Nightcrawler was GOOD Claremont.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.