[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Garth Ennis hate even Superman? Doesn't Section eight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: CVppUcYUEAATEK4.png (653KB, 600x539px) Image search: [Google]
CVppUcYUEAATEK4.png
653KB, 600x539px
Does Garth Ennis hate even Superman?
Doesn't Section eight #6 show strong cynicism against Superhero?
Doesn't This scan show cynicism that Superhero genre is like alcho?
>>
>>78392896
No, according to him, "Superman is okay".
He wrote Superman as a good guy numerous times. Practically the only supe he writes as such.
>>
File: originals-mccrea-hitman-02.jpg (122KB, 580x878px) Image search: [Google]
originals-mccrea-hitman-02.jpg
122KB, 580x878px
>>78392896
I think Superman is one of the heroes that penetrates Ennis' malice for the genre.
>>
Ennis loves Superman, he's one of the very few that he likes. I believe Wonder Woman and Spider-Man also make the list
>>
>>78392896
that collar looks fucking terrible. i didn't realize just how badly it screwed up his look but it REALLY screws up his look. It'd be like if he had gloves connected to his sleeves like home movies
>>
>>78392896
your picture comes from an issue where it shows super man as a very caring person.

even in Hitman he has nothing but respect for supes.
>>
File: 1445627857087.jpg (152KB, 464x550px) Image search: [Google]
1445627857087.jpg
152KB, 464x550px
>>78392896
>He hasn't read Hitman #34
>>
>>78393000
I dunno, Ennis' Wonder Woman is usually just the grim warrior with a stick up her butt.
>>
File: superhitman3.jpg (98KB, 600x896px) Image search: [Google]
superhitman3.jpg
98KB, 600x896px
>>78392896
This is what Ennis thinks of Superman.
>>
Nah, Ennis treated Superman incredibly well in his crossover with Hitman and in the JL and Hitman crossover.
>>
>>78393000
He likes Spider-man? He's got a funny way of showing it.
>>
>>78393464
He seems to like daredevil more than spiderman and he doesn't even like daredevil from what I've seen
>>
>>78392896
context? id dose not seem like superman to give a bum a bottle of whiskey.
>>
>>78393578
>>78393464

Well put it this way, did Ennis write a solo Daredevil story? He wrote one for Spider-Man in Tangled Web. I think there was a Spider-Man analogue that got killed off in The Boys but I can't remember much about him while on the other hand I remembered two Daredevil analogues getting horrible fates or something. He did write Daredevil sympathetically in Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe though.
>>
>All-Star Section 8 trades will be released on June 21, 2016

DC has the absolute worst trades release policy
>>
>>78393592
It's Sixpack's dream.
>>
>>78393592
Six Pack is having an existential crisis where he's imagining the possibility that the entirety of the DC universe is just a delusion he's imagining while extremely drunk. Superman is basically consoling him.
>>
>>78393713
Oh good, just in time for my birthday.
>>
>>78393713
Motherfuck. That's six months from now. No one's even going to remember this book after three months
>>
File: tangledweb03-14p8jxg.jpg (367KB, 1200x1777px) Image search: [Google]
tangledweb03-14p8jxg.jpg
367KB, 1200x1777px
>>78393464
>>78393578
Ennis wrote a three issue Spider-Man story called Coming of the Thousand that's pretty good.

Supervillain called the Thousand that used to be Peter's bully tracks him down to kill him. Basically the Bully just wanted to have powers because clearly he deserved them more than that wimp Parker.

Ennis seems really like Peter Parker as just an every man that ahppens to put on a mask and help people
>>
>>78393737
Yeah.
It's less about the alcohol itself and more about the "it's going to be okay".

Superman is Clarence to Sixpack's Jimmy Stewart
>>
>>78393709
Tangled Web was such a good series. I wish we had something like it now.
>>
So, Does Ennis treat Superman in OP with respect?
I thought that Ennis hates Superhero.
>>
>>78394299

Ennis hates most superheroes because he thinks they have silly, nonsenical concepts and characterizations. See: his opinions on Green Lantern. The ones that represent ideals that he appreciates, like Wondy and Superman, he writes REALLY well.
>>
>>78394364
Is Superman exception?
>>
>there are people who like ennis

???
>>
>>78394588
>there are people on /co/ who haven't read Hitman

Disgusting
>>
>>78394364
>Ennis hates most superheroes because he thinks they have silly, nonsenical concepts and characterizations.

Then he proceeds to write countless issues of a grimdark scowling Vietnam veteran who blows apart all the bad guys in the world, over and over again, one of whom was a beheaded ten foot giant with breast implants.
>>
>>78393278

He treat him with more respect than the others, sure. But let's get real... in this comic, in that dream that Sixpack is having, Superman is pretty much a devil with a bottle of alcohol and false promises.
>>
>>78392896
Ennis likes superheroes, he just likes taking the piss out of some of the more silly aspects of the genre and hates some of the stupid shit people do with them.
>>
>>78393226
I always felt the collar gave him this military look that kinda projects a superior status he has towards the rest of the earth which break the "friends of the people" feels Supes is supposed to have.

Anyway. That's just my autism speaking.
>>
>>78393768
Holy shit, Ennis wrote this? I remember reading it being storytimed somewhere and thought it was great. Creepy, but great.
>>
>>78396320

Did you miss the panel where Sidney was covered in the cape? Superman saved his life.
>>
>>78396320
How can you be so fucking wrong?
>>
So, Op is not irony for Superhero genre including Superman?
>>
I enjoyed the Hitman issues with Superman and some of the other stuff that /co/'s shown with Ennis writing Superman.

But other stuff? I mean, I guess the reason Ennis shitting all over superheroes bothers me so much is that he's not wrong. But there's a point where, you know, it gets to be a little much. And for some anons Ennis may not go there, but for me, the Boys or Kev or whatever 'ard lad in a trench Ennis using to fucking a Batman expy in the ass while saying "supah 'eroes's just wankers, lad, innit tasty?" is where I get off the bus.
>>
File: 1431842412552.jpg (70KB, 384x704px) Image search: [Google]
1431842412552.jpg
70KB, 384x704px
>>78394612
Never did say he was fair
>>
File: 1434033143511.jpg (40KB, 250x277px) Image search: [Google]
1434033143511.jpg
40KB, 250x277px
>tfw Supes will never give you a bottle of booze and tell you it's gonna be ok
>tfw Supes will never give you a hug
Why even live
>>
>>78396498
it's pretty easy to forget that when you sift through the bloody penises and such that ennis is a really good writer. On top of that, a lot of his stories end on a pretty uplifting or positive note. He's certainly not the best and has his fair share of garbage, but who doesn't?
>>
>>78393764
that's what pre-orders are for
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.