[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You are in charge of rebooting the Simpsons; a completely fresh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

You are in charge of rebooting the Simpsons; a completely fresh break, new canon, new art style, all up to you.

What do you change to make it a success??
>>
If I could do it all over again, I'd keep everything the same so I'd have something to complain about.
>>
File: Sadgasm.jpg (25KB, 393x289px) Image search: [Google]
Sadgasm.jpg
25KB, 393x289px
but anon, it has already been rebooted
>>
>>78330026
/thread
>>
>>78329995

"Who knows what adventures they'll have between now and the time the show becomes unprofitable?"

The problem with the Simpsons is that it's still a success, in terms of how the people making it define success.

I would end it, and try and do something new.
>>
>>78329995
no more sliding timeline. The reboot starts with Bart and Lisa in their last year of highschool. characters age in real-time.
Maggie, the monobrow baby, and Patty's adopted kid are the new children perspective. Krabaple is principal and skinner is super-intendant.

Just for the hell of it, every now and then toss in hints that there was some weird hypercrisis thing that was responsible for the sliding timeline until 'now'.

Don't know or care if this would even make a good show but it would probably buy the franchise another five years of profits
>>
My idea for the Simpsons is something like this.
>Takes place it the morning
>Petty crime going down
>Petty crooks trying to take a purse
>A shadow appear on top of them
>Look up in the sky
>It's a bird!
>It's a plane!
>No, it's a fat man
>He falls down and says,"No, I'm Pie-man."
>Starts beating up the crooks
>Pie-man is slightly fat but not to much
>Beat them all up and return the purse
>The purse belongs to Marge
I could expand on this ore if you guys like me to.
>>
>Only two Simpsons kids. One basically like Bart, and a Straight man, somewhat like Millhouse but less of a pussy.
>Marge, Homer, Flanderses, Burns, Hibbert, Moe, Chief Wiggum and Lenny/Carl are as they were when it was good.
>Barney is a drunk at first, but gets sober and stays that way.
>Nelson is now Wiggum's kid, lashing out against the law his father tries to protect.
>Lisa is demoted to being a whiny classmate, maybe just one episode around her being annoying and preachy when she's introduced.
>>
>>78329995
I'd end it for good.
>>
>>78332758
/thread
>>
Nah, nah. Forget reboots. What I'd do is I'd make a sequel series.

Takes place a couple decades after the original series, present day. Bart just got kicked out of his girlfriend's house and has to couch surf at Lisa's place. Lisa's a workaholic career-woman who doesn't have time for love, and Bart works as a bus driver. The first season would mostly be showing where many of the old characters are now as Bart tries to find a way to move out of Lisa's house. Occasionally Maggie would show up for jokes about her never talking.

Then, at the end of the first season, Marge shows up at Lisa's house to tell her that Homer just died. The first half of season two would mostly be about them getting over their father's death, during which they would find themselves growing closer as brother and sister. Marge would stay over at Lisa's with all of them for a few episodes before finally gaining the strength to face life by herself again. Maybe a few episodes later there'd be an episode about her dating again. In the time since his father's death, Bart has stopped trying to improve his situation as he feels like crap for not visiting his father more after moving out. Bart comes to his senses when Lisa starts bringing strange men home to fool around with, and he helps her to finally overcome their father's death.

Season two ends with Lisa discovering that she accidentally got pregnant. She has no idea who the father is and has no way of contacting any of the men who might be. They spend most of season three preparing for Lisa's baby, figuring out how they're going to tell their mother, and how their going to afford another mouth to feed. Bart spends a lot more time trying to get a better job, but never gets anywhere. Season three would end with a two-parter with Lisa having her baby.

Continuing...
>>
>>78329995
I give it Johnny Test art style and animation, with the new canon being that Homer is an inspector of the Nuclear Power Plant that is run by Mr. Burns son. He got his job by complete accident and manages to easily ruin the lives of others whenever possible.
>>
>>78332899
Season four would involve them trying to balance their life around taking care of the kid. (It's a boy. Lisa names him Henry.) Since Lisa's always working, Bart finds himself doing most of the work taking care of him, often with him taking the baby along for bus rides. It's terribly exhausting for Bart, and in this time, the house becomes somewhat of a wreck. After a few episodes of this, Bart finally gets fed up and confronts Lisa about her obsession with her career. This episode would end with Bart taking Lisa's kid and leaving her home.

Bart stays in a crappy hotel for a couple of days as he takes some time off from his job driving the bus. Once or twice he spots Lisa in public looking for them and hides. Then, at the end of the episode, Bart finds the police knocking on his door to take him and the kid away. The next episode, Bart mostly spends in jail as he thinks about Lisa and her kid and how fulfilling his life has become since the show began. The episode ends with Lisa dropping the charges and letting Bart come back home. Bart ends up quitting his job as a bus driver, seeing as how Lisa made enough money for all three of them anyway. The rest of the season's episodes would be about him adjusting to raising Lisa's kid and trying to keep the house from falling apart. Maybe one episode Marge would show up to show him a thing or two.

The season finale would happen on Thanksgiving. Bart would spend all day getting dinner ready for when their mother and Maggie visit. He's kinda nervous because Marge is already in a serious relationship with someone, and he doesn't want to screw things up. Much to his relief though, the meal goes relatively smoothly, though with a little conflict between Marge's new boyfriend and the rest of the family. Then, after everyone's gone back home and Bart's playing with Henry, Lisa has a bit of a meltdown when she realizes that Bart has a better relationship with her child than she does, and that she's a horrible mother.
>>
Waste the production budget on cocaine and high class hookers; walk away with the smug satisfaction of knowing that I saved the world from another lazy, shitty IP reboot.
>>
>>78332899
>Takes place a couple decades after the original series, present day. Bart just got kicked out of his girlfriend's house and has to couch surf at Lisa's place. Lisa's a workaholic career-woman who doesn't have time for love, and Bart works as a bus driver. The first season would mostly be showing where many of the old characters are now as Bart tries to find a way to move out of Lisa's house. Occasionally Maggie would show up for jokes about her never talking.

This is the same bullshit they already do on future episodes.
>>
>>78332899
>Bart comes to his senses when Lisa starts bringing strange men home to fool around with, and he helps her to finally overcome their father's death
This...this is so in-character for Lisa, amirite?
>>
>>78329995
>You are in charge of rebooting the Simpsons; a completely fresh break, new canon, new art style, all up to you.
>What do you change to make it a success??

get rid of Julie Kavner because she sounds like the unholy screams of the damned now
>>
>>78333279
Season five opens up with Lisa taking some time off from work to spend with Henry. Bart gets increasingly annoyed with her as he has to keep doing the housework all by himself. Lisa doesn't even doesn't even do most of the hard stuff when it comes to taking care of her baby, like bathing and diaper changing. After about an episode of this, Bart finally snaps at her and forces her to actually do some work around the house. Then she finally goes back to her job at the office, though continuing to do some work around the house.

Then Marge shows up again and announces that she's getting married. Lisa tries to talk her out of it, but she won't change her mind, as she's not getting any younger. The next couple of episodes involve shenanigans around preparing for the wedding. About halfway through the season, we have an episode about Marge's wedding where Bart paranoid that Lisa is going to stop the wedding. But then she makes this big speech instead about how she's happy that Marge is moving on with her life, and the rest of the wedding goes off without problem.

The rest of the season would be about Bart and Lisa dealing with the fact that their mother's moved to another state. During this time, they grow even closer together and soon realize that they're perfectly happy with just each other.

After season five, there would be a movie trilogy showing Henry's life as he grows up. One of him as a school child, another about his first love in adolescence, and the last about him getting ready for college.

Then there would be another sequel series about Henry's life as he starts a family of his own.
>>
Take the money and run. It's better that way anyways.
>>
>>78329995
Bart would be his classic smartass self. He never takes anything seriously and masksany emotional pain with his sarcasm and wit.
Homer would be an everyman, not too retarded to function and a slapstick target, just a lower middle class joe with some prejudices and a victim complex.
Lisa would be more neurotic, actually make mistakes and learn from them and be a Charlie Brown style loser who's misunderstood and neglected, as Marge and Homer would be busy dealing with Bart.
Maggie will be more of an annoyance than a prop.
Most of the local weirdos would be unchanged, some may be updated to be more relevant, and it'd actually be written by competent writers like back in the 90s.
Celebrities can voice one-off characters, but if making cameos shouldn't interact with the Simpsons directly because that's fucking stupid.
>>
>>78333896
>Most of the local weirdos would be unchanged, some may be updated to be more relevant

Such as...we get rid of Disco Stu entirely and Otto (who was supposed to be a Gen Xer metalhead slacker) becomes...whatever the fuck the modern equivalent of that is.
>>
>>78333922
a hypocritical kandi raver
>>
Hand-drawn animation.
>>
>>78334034
^THISTHISTHIS. FUCK THE HD FLASH ANIMATION.
>>
>>78333896
>>78333716
>>78333279
Nah you suck too.
>>
Adult, and very perverted, with nudity and incest
>>
I'd make Lisa 14, star student, lavished first child, and over achieving, naturally gifted student. Less Left wing SJW and more down to Earth no nonsense girl who still struggles with being "cool" and getting boys to like her.
Sherry and Terri would probably be her sometimes friends, who are obsessed with being popular and are kind of backstabbing cunts, I'd probably give her a mousy glasses wearing best friend who would so up every so often to give Lisa a companion on occasional family trips and whenever else it would be convenient for the plot or dialogue.

Bart would probably be 12, though I could live with 11 or 13. I'd shoehorn his antics and behaviors as a way to avoid middle child syndrome and because he has to live in the shadow of his over achieving older sister. I'd also make it somewhat more believable for his solo adventures and occasional crush episodes, and work better with him annoying Lisa being the bratty little brother.

Maggi would probably stay the same, but I might age her up to talking age to have her say simple but funny comments about everyday Simpson's family situations.

Marge would probably be a failed artist who works part time as a data entrist or accountant to help out with the bills while still maintaining the house. I'd also try to shoehorn in some friends for her to help out with more plot devices like in the earlier seasons.

Homer would mostly stay the same as he was around Season 5 or so, with some added wackckiness occasionally for humor, I'd also try to do more Nuclear Plant stories as I always liked those as a kid.

I'd probably have the Grandpa live upstairs in the attic or something because I like him, but most likely wouldn't use him in every episode. I'd also push the crazy old veteran angle more as my favorite episode is the Flaming Hell-fish.

Every one else would probably stay mostly the same, I might bring Maude back and that single Mom with the red bandanna as well as Rev Lovejoy's daughter.
>>
Let's age 'em up a bit. Bart's 17, Lisa is 15, and Maggie is 8.

Bart is a mirror image of Homer in high school ie a cynical, tuned-out stoner. He usually has a steady girlfriend, which is not Jenda because that character sucks and should die in a fire.

Lisa is kind of a typical bitchy, hormonally-stressed teenage girl. She's still a good student although somewhat less so than grade school. She stupidly lets Milhouse punch her V-card (see, we're keeping consistent with the show's canon here) and regrets it afterwards, worse that Milhouse constantly tries to get her to sleep with him afterwards.

Maggie is a tomboy and a motor-mouthed brat. She basically means well and has a good heart, but can't ever stay out of trouble. She likes her sister and looks up to her, but mostly ends up driving Lisa insane.

Marge and Homer are about same.

Ling, as Maggie's adopted cousin, is her best friend and confidante and usually the voice of reason who tries to talk Maggie out of doing stupid or dangerous stuff. Brainiac who gets straight As in school, but is kind of a dick and has a hard time feeling empathy for others (also she generally ends up as the writers' mouthpiece).

Milhouse is a /fit/ bulklet like he's always shown to be in the future episodes.

Allison is Lisa's best friend and confidante. Smart, bubbly, outgoing, and not afraid of anything. Also bisexual and talks Lisa into "experimenting" even though the latter really doesn't want to. She loves Maggie and considers her almost like the sister she never had. Lisa just thinks she wouldn't feel same if she had to live under the same roof as Maggie and put up with her antics every day.
>>
>>78330269
this is the least terrible idea so far
>>
>>78330269
>>78335975
Samefag
>>
>>78329995
Cancel it.
>>
>>78335998
Well, duh.
>>
File: the-simpsons-spin-off-showcase8.png (214KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
the-simpsons-spin-off-showcase8.png
214KB, 512x384px
>He’s gradually getting away, Chief.
>Ah, let him go. I have a feeling we’ll meet again, each and every week, always in more sexy and exciting ways.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.