[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swr/ - Star Wars: Rebels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 571
Thread images: 82

File: DeathTroopersMichonne.jpg (176KB, 584x876px) Image search: [Google]
DeathTroopersMichonne.jpg
176KB, 584x876px
Death Troopers - Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrVry8kgyw

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Star Wars: Uprising: (/swr/ Cartel: Loth-Cats)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW6fOEvuSg
http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?568108-Newx-s-New-Player-Guide

>Star Wars: Commander: (/swr/ Squad: Empire - SheevSquad)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUD2JkBxIJo

>Canon Guide & Timeline:
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Star Wars /co/ Booru:
starwars.booru.org

>Download links: (Books, Comics, Rebels, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya
>>
File: Ahsoka2.png (374KB, 600x617px) Image search: [Google]
Ahsoka2.png
374KB, 600x617px
Next week on AMC's, "The Orange Buttcheeks"...
>>
First for Poe x Finn
>>
File: tumblr_m28j1ugOUA1qg2p2fo1_1280.jpg (448KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m28j1ugOUA1qg2p2fo1_1280.jpg
448KB, 768x1024px
The lack of Twi'leks made me mad.
>>
>>78315017
Yeah, what the hell. With the exception of Nien Numb, Chewbacca, and Ackbar, three returning characters, there was not a single established alien in TFA that I know of. The Crimson Corsair wore a Kaleesh mask which is a nice reference, but it's not the same.

Made the planets in TFA feel oddly cut off from the rest of the Galaxy, especially after TCW has shown how common some species (like Weequay, Rodians and Twi'leks for example) are across the Galaxy. Almost as common as humans.
>>
>>78314997
This and Phasma x riot trooper are the best TFA ships

>>78315047
I found lack of Jawas disappointing considering how a lot of the aliens on Jakku didn't really look remarkable and good chunk of them worse hoods anyway
>>
>>78315115
>not Rey x Kylo
>>
>>78315115
>riot trooper
Use his name, you pleb.
>>
Why was the music in TFA so disappointing? Did Williams just give up or something? I mean even the prequels had better music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxC8IqnVUQI
>>
>>78315278
>>
>>78315314
>He'll never be a boss in a Star Wars character action game
>>
File: Yaddle-SWE.jpg (39KB, 432x504px) Image search: [Google]
Yaddle-SWE.jpg
39KB, 432x504px
>Yaddle was a member of the Jedi High Council for some time leading up to the Invasion of Naboo. Following the Battle of Naboo, Yaddle decided to take a less active role in Jedi affairs[3] and left the Jedi High Council.[1]

What if Snoke's figure is a Wizard of Oz projection for Yaddle?

Yaddle could be the one training Kylo in the dark in a reversal of Yoda training Luke in the light.
>>
>>78315314
The Stormtroopers really upped their game.
>>
>>78315243
>Incest
>>
>>78315287
>even the prequels had better music
You say that as if the Prequels didn't have 10/10 soundtracks, which they did.

But I agree, TFA has the weakest soundtrack of the franchise by FAR.

And the sad thing is its entirely JJ's fault. The movie was so reliant on being ANH 2.0 that so much of the music just ended up being music from the older movies. John Williams probably didn't bother trying because why would he, with such little freedom to do anything big or original? Plus he is dear friends with Lucas, and he was always able to perform the music right to the scenes, which I am told he wasn't able to do this movie. It's no wonder he wasn't able to pump out his usual spectacular music.
>>
>>78315017
That's a Zeltron.
>>
So, I saw the new movie yesterday. Now what?
>>
>that woman stormtrooper that reported to kylo when rey was going metal gear solid
>>
File: starwars1.png (254KB, 833x1030px) Image search: [Google]
starwars1.png
254KB, 833x1030px
I want to see these two plus Poe going on fun adventures together
>>
>>78315355
I don't deny the soundtracks were 10/10, it's just the movies are so-so compared to TFA. Which really makes it's substandard (by Star Wars standards) score more disappointing.

I actually can't think of a memorable theme from the movie having seen it a few days ago, which is just sad.
>>
>>78315394
Rey's Theme is the only good one.
>>
>>78315363
Now we wait
>>
>>78315363
Comics, books, Season 2 of Rebels (and Season 3 should be kicking off next year in the run up to Rogue One)

Plus just speculating and discussing Star Wars in general. If you're a long-time fan, you should be used to this. Hell, we've never been blessed with such short waiting times for content before. Only 1 year wait per movie, and we get so many comics/books/cartoon episodes during that wait.

It truly is an amazing time to be a Star Wars fan.
>>
>>78315394
Yeah, I agree. And I agree with >>78315402 , Rey's theme is the only new track I can even remember standing out, and even that to be honest is nothing compared to the greats of the OT and PT soundtracks.
>>
Did Constable Zuvio ever show because I didn't see him while watching the film
>>
>>78315434
I'll have to wait until the soundtrack comes out to check on that.
>>
>>78315287
>>78315355
>>78315394
Watch the film again, and then give the soundtrack a closer listen. Nothing about it immediately stands out like the Imperial March or Duel of the Fates, I agree, but it grew on me hard yesterday and it really is beautiful. Torn Apart, Rey's Theme, March of the Resistance, Snoke, The Ways of the Force, and The Jedi Steps are fantastic. It's absolutely on par with the rest, it's just a slower burn.
>>
>>78315437
No.
>>
>>78315443
the soundtrack came out the same day the movie did, dummkopf
>>
>>78315437
I didn't see him, or Sarco Plank. I feel jewed.

>everyone who bought the action figures thinking they would be cool characters
>I bought Sarco, I admit.
>>
>>78315017
>Lack of Twi'lecks
>Posts humanoid

BTW when they get old they look like Jabba's pal.
>>
>>78315459
Heh, my mistake.
>>
>>78315437
According to someone in s previous thread, you can apparently see him for a second during the scene where Finn and Rey are running from the Stormtroopers and TIE Fighters in that market. I never noticed him though.
>>
>the opening scroll for RotS says "There are heroes on both sides."
>all Seperatists are portrayed as unambiguously evil
>>
>>78315287
In my opinion, Michael Giacchino should have done the score instead of Williams
>>
>>78315479
I don't get what that was about either. That only makes sense with TCW which wasn't around back then
>>
>>78315402
March of the resistance is really good
>>
>>78315497
I think that and Scherzo for X-Wings is good too, but it doesn't really fit the mood of what I think Williams is going for in the new trilogy.

Rey's Theme does that very well.
>>
>>78315394
>>78315402
>>78315434
I like Kylo Ren's theme and I think it's actually the most memorable soundtrack in the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0yzYzzZtTs
>>
>>78315497
>>78315449
Fair point, March of the Resistance is a good one. I'll have to give it a re-watch/listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueqKtype7Kk
>>
>>78315461
I saw Sarco Plank, he was in the background for a few seconds in one of the scenes where Rey was trying to sell her junk to that one guy.
>>
>>78315521
Oh I actually remember this one
>>
>>78315479
>It actually means the heroes (cough-Anakin-cough) are on both sides (the light and the dark)
POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
>>78315521
I'd like it more if I liked the moments it played in more.
>>
>>78315521
The start kinda sounds like the music that plays after Anakin kills the separatists on Mustafar and then starts crying.
>>
Anyone else thought it was really cool when the Resistance swooped it. "Don't let these thugs intimidate you". It was refreshing to get pure uncorrupted good guys who fight for what's right. No antihero or anything, just good people.
>>
Darth Vader Annual storytime here.
It worries me that these comics are hitting my spot more than TFA. Probably because Vader is a lot more developed than Kylo.
>>78314804
>>
>>78315595
What are they fighting for exactly? It's not very clear.
>>
THE FIRST

GALACTIC

EMPIRE
>>
>>78315621
Goodness? I wasn't really clear, but I still loved them.
>>
>>78315632
So this is how liberty dies... With thunderous applause...
>>
>>78315521
Yeah, I really love that overture for him, it's very cool and reminiscent of something from the prequels that I can't put my finger on. Kylo Ren is my favorite Star Wars character now. Torn Apart is probably the best piece in the OST because it starts out sad and hopeful, sounding a lot like some of the themes encompassing Anakin and Padme romance scenes and then turns into a modified version of "Anakin's Dark Deeds". Perfect dichotomy and adds so much to an already beautiful scene.
>>
>>78315638
No, I mean what are the First Order's goals, exactly? Do they just want to take over the galaxy again?
>>
>>78315621
The Resistance is basically like a splinter of the New Republic that Leia made to combat the First Order because the Senate didn't want to get involved with another war
>>
>>78315595
Yeah, I also liked the evil goons a lot more than in the other movies. You can really feel how cruel the First Order is during the Jakku village massacre or when they beat up Poe. And of course when Hux gave his Goebbels speech. Both the droid armies and the OT imperials seemed never really threatening to me, but the FO soldiers do.
>>
>>78315662
I'm excited for the "Knights of Ren", for more cruel evil insane baddies
>>
>>78315347
Is always a given in Star Wars, why bother pointing it out for shipping.
>>
>>78315486
It was apparently in production at the time, so maybe George and Filoni came up with that idea back then.
>>
>>78315608
Of course Vader has more development, he's in 6 movies and was the main character of Star Wars up until now. Not to mention, countless other books and comics over the years. Kylo Ren is the second best Star Wars character after him, and he's only in one movie so far, which I find impressive that they were able to give him so much depth in so little time.
>>
File: Lightsaber_anakin_rots.jpg (10KB, 240x328px) Image search: [Google]
Lightsaber_anakin_rots.jpg
10KB, 240x328px
>created to protect the innocent
>used to slaughter children, not once but twice
>spent 20 years locked up in a box gathering dust on some backwater shithole
>gets passed to skrub son of the guy who used to kill babies
>skrub son then losses it
>ends up once again in a box for God know how long
Anakin's lightsaber...had a hard life.
>>
Post hot aliens.
>>
>>78315723
Am I the only one that felt there was some Excalibur level shit going on when Kylo could not pull it but Rey did it instantly?
>>
>>78315662
Why is Kylo Ren so funny

>A droid stole a freighter???
>>
>>78315710
I agree. Also, Kylo is already a lot more developed than Vader was in ANH if we are being honest. Vader became a more complex and interesting villain in Empire and Jedi, but in ANH he wasn't really more than a henchman with a past whereas Kylo seems to be more than just the main villain already. He actually seems like a villain protagonist with a past, a goal and emotional depth.
>>
>>78315757
I don't think he was asking that seriously.
>>
>>78315709
Filoni said they had started coming up with the outline of the show months (nearly a year?) before episode 3 even came out, so yeah, its very likely George already had ideas in his head about sympathetic Seperatist characters.
>>
Friend have never watched star wars before, recommended he only watch the OT and The Force Awakens and steer away from the god awful prequels. They should be forgotten, not watched, pretend they aren't even made.
>>
>>78315723
They sound the one that Luke dropped all the way to the surface of Bespin?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvsiJppCdmk

For those interested.
>>
File: 2297739.jpg (243KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2297739.jpg
243KB, 1920x1080px
>>78315737
>>
Well fuck me sideways, that was actually better than Return of the Jedi.

I've either hated or been ambivalent towards every other Abrams movie, don't like Disney's approach to media all that much, and thought all the trailers looked like shit.

But it was good.

How the fuck did they pull that off?
>>
>>78315798
Youre a shitty friend. Let him enjoy Star Wars damnit, and let him form his own opinions.
>>
>>78315757
He is Han Solo's son. The quips are basically in his blood.
>>
>>78315723
I think it actually belonged to Ben at one point when he was a still a Jedi. Luke probably had Maz put it in that box on his way out to that island planet.
>>
>>78315749
That's exactly what it was -- her pull was significantly stronger than his.
>>
Anyone got a link to the TFA novelisation and Before The Awakening? Couldn't find them in the Mega.
>>
>>78315694
I really hope they're cool. Nothing better than an evil squad.
>>
>>78315827
How did Luke get it back though?
>>
>New Republic: Bloodline is being written by the chick who did Lost Stars

Well that just went from uninterested to on my radar.

Now if only they could get Zahn back on board, get Jackson Miller to write more, and file a restraining order to keep Christie Golden and Chuck Wendig away from the canon.
>>
File: Gascon.jpg (40KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
Gascon.jpg
40KB, 500x370px
>>78315859
Read the next Aftermath book to find out!
>>
>>78315859
Lando probably found it.
>>
>>78315812
Because Abrams is a fan and knows that Star Wars is supposed to be a simple, fun space adventure. Lucas didn't understand that because he is the creator of the franchise, not a guy who grew up loving it.
Oh, and Kasdan made sure the dialogue is funny and feels real like in the OT.
>>
>>78315845
Just saw that Before is in there, didn't realise due to the 'Journey to...' prefix.
>>
>>78315808
Isn't that the chick that got btfo by Zakuul?
>>
>>78315047
>not liking new ayy lmaos
>>
>>78315749
That was pretty obviously what was supposed to be happening
>>
File: 25-27.jpg (172KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
25-27.jpg
172KB, 1920x1080px
>>78315928
Yep
>>
>>78315872
We need Troy Denning back as well, but otherwise I agree completely. Chuck Wendig is the worst writer I've ever seen.
>>
>>78315954
I mean at least she damaged light clothed Star Killer.
>>
>>78315872
Golden's writing wasn't really a problem, it was Katie Lucas' involvement with the plot that drove the book south. "I just had a breakup so let's have my pet character do the same!"

Wendig is already set for two more books, so after that we can only hope he isn't going to do more.
>>
>>78315872
I wonder if the lost stars characters will be in it
>>
>>78315987
It's not a sequel to Lost Stars, so if they do show up it'll be just for a chapter or background/vague reference.
>>
>>78315987
>>78316001
I'd imagine it's gotta follow it up in some way. There was a lot of stuff that could be taken up in a sequel at the end.
>>
>>78315985
I thought the writing was mostly fine, and I didn't even hate the plot to be honest family. It wasn't great, but the characters were good (inb4 crying about character assassination), and it genuinely felt like a TCW arc.
>>
>>78315985

i just wanna read wendig without that awful present tense prose style.
>>
Rest easy, /swr/.

For through him, Han Solo lives on.

Though depending on who you ask, his Chewbacca is either short, bald, or a tree.
>>
>>78315954
That's why filthy aliens shouldn't be allowed to be Sith.
>>
>>78316172
The present tense isn't my big issue with Aftermath. It's the god awful sentence structure. Sentence fragments, colons everywhere, weird structure.

It just read like it was written for an audiobook, which I've heard was a pretty good audiobook. But actually sitting down and reading it was a chooooore.
>>
File: FinnHS-Fathead.png (344KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
FinnHS-Fathead.png
344KB, 480x640px
>>78316291
>through him
Wrong, faggot.
>>
>>78316361
Finn's character is nothing like Han solo's, though.
>>
Turns out Ewan's Sir Alec impression is not as impressive as we thought:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/12/20/ewan-mcgregor-has-a-star-wars-the-force-awakens-cameo

> Interestingly enough, while McGregor recorded that Obi-Wan line specifically for The Force Awakens, the first word, when Obi-Wan says the name "Rey," was actually pulled from a prior line by Guinness from the original Star Wars trilogy. In order to get the snippet, they edited a line of Guinness' that included the word "Afraid," Abrams revealed.

Cool.
>>
File: Rex.png (356KB, 811x623px) Image search: [Google]
Rex.png
356KB, 811x623px
>>78316361
>FinnHS-Fathead.png
>>
File: stormm.jpg (79KB, 942x653px) Image search: [Google]
stormm.jpg
79KB, 942x653px
opinions on mommy stormtrooper?
>>
>>78316391
Po is more Han Solo I think.
>>
>>78316311

I had to stop, and I was fine with the plot and characters. Just annoying to read
>>
>>78316412
I refuse to believe she's dead. We never saw a body.
>>
>>78316401
A lot of effort when Ewan would have sufficed.
>>
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/20/jj-abrams-answers-burning-question-about-r2-d2-star-wars-force-awakens

>“But the idea was that in that scene where R2 plugged in, he downloaded the archives of the Empire, which was referenced by Kylo Ren,” Abrams said. Thirty-eight years later, in both our own and galactic time, that data becomes useful in The Force Awakens when a new droid approaches the dormant R2.
>>
>>78316361
Poe was the Han Solo of the film
>>
>>78316412
She would inspire me to do my very best if I were a Stormtrooper.
>>
>>78316455

i'm still confused about Luke's map really.
>>
>>78316361
He can't pilot for crap. That's why he initially tried to buddy-buddy with Poe and Rey before he became friends with them for real:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3E8Mb7MlBU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h54pfR2_G-U
>>
>>78316484
What's confusing about it?
>>
>>78316542
Was it a map to Luke, or a map to the Jedi Temple where they figured Luke would be?d
>>
>>78316605
I think it was a map of the route Luke took to get to the Jedi Temple.
>>
>>78316605
That's the same thing, mate.
>>
>>78315872
Cuck Wendig's gripping story to give the backstory to "Pilot with Beard" from Force Awakens
>>
>>The Lightsaber.
>>Fell off Cloud City onto Bespin
>>"Where did you get that?"
>>"That's a story for another time."
NO! Fuck you! You can't pull that shit because I know it won't be answered!
>>
Why didn't Kylo Ren just TK-freeze Rey and cut her in half?

For all the 'dancy shit' we hear about the prequels, I feel very certain that Anakin would have just cut those fools in half.

>>78316680
Does it really matter?
>>
>>78316542

Why was it broken into pieces/Who broke it up? mainly. like Luke is hiding so why put out this map and if he wants to be able to be contacted why make the broken up map and not just give whoever a direct line. Was Poe going around the galaxy finding all of Luke's old friends?

Though I guess you can weave something about R2 waiting for someone(Rey) who needed to see Luke while he was defragmenting.

I thought for a little bit Luke was gonna have a whole school and the map was some dumb "To train you must first pass this test. Find me" thing.
>>
>>78316401
Ah, I assumed that's how they'd done it until I heard about Ewan anyway. Not 'afraid' specifically, but just blending some phonetic sounds together.
>>
>>78316707
>Does it really matter?
Yes, because the fact that it's that specific lightsaber really bugs me as they go through hoops to keep this shit so connected. They should have just had it ROTJ Lightsaber.
>>
Oh wow they got Frank Oz back to do voiceover Yoda lines in Rey's vision? I thought he was really pissed about prequel Yoda and had a falling out w/ Lucasfilm
>>
>>78316707
Too mad and injured to focus on the force perhaps. He's extremely strong in it, but he already took an emotional and physical beating that would kill pretty much anyone else and just went berserk.

>>78316680
I think it will be answered. Luke likely went and found it to give to Ben to continue the tradition like how it was given to him at the start of his journey. It's not that complicated, it had to have still been inside Cloud City so was probably a lot of digging through a trash compactor or something.
>>
>>78316707
Kinda does as Lukes hand was holding it at the time. and the Surface of Bespin is said to be one nasty place.
>>
>>78316759
But what if Luke still has his RotJ saber?
>>
>>78316759
No dynastic shit with the ROTJ lightsaber.

>>78316772
It got sucked into one of the side vents and ended up in a trash compactor. It doesn't really matter.
>>
>>78316766
Where'd you get that impression? He was already back last year for an episode of Rebels.
>>
>>78316766
>I thought he was really pissed about prequel Yoda and had a falling out w/ Lucasfilm
...why would you think that?
>>
File: 2015-12-21_01-57-34.png (175KB, 587x605px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-21_01-57-34.png
175KB, 587x605px
Pablo is a cheeky little cunt
>>
Which lightsaber was the one that was the mcguffin that crashed on Jakku back when that was the rumor/start of the movie? Luke's Green or his/Anakin's Blue one?

>>78316796
>>78316801

I dunno, maybe I'm confusing it with him and the Muppets? plus general world's prequel disdain + it's not like it would be weird for someone working on star wars to start disliking it maybe just made me assume.
>>
>>78316710
>Why was it broken into pieces/Who broke it up?

To keep people from finding him to easily(he had to have known the first order was after him), and either R2, that old guy from the start of the movie, or both.
>>
>>78316821
He's not wrong. That Droid arc is fucking great.
>>
>>78316826
Most people working on the prequels had fun and enjoyed themselves. Except Natalie Portman.
>>
>>78316707
>Why didn't Kylo Ren just TK-freeze Rey and cut her in half?
He clearly didn't want to kill Rey, and was trying to draw her to his side.
>>
>>78316853
Which just dials it down to 'why didn't he TK-freeze Rey'
>>
>>78316867
Because it's a movie
>>
>>78316821
That was a good arc, RIP Gregor
>>
>>78316867
he was injured pretty bad and probably not in the perfect frame of mind
>>
>>78316913
ur mum starred in a lot of movies
>>
>>78316867
He was probably wary about using the force on her after his mind reading trick backfired last time.
>>
>>78316455
>Thirty-eight years later, in both our own and galactic time,
Oh so it was literally 32 years in between Episode 6 and Episode 7? So now we know Episode 7 is in 38 ABY.
>>
>>78316914
He's still alive.
>>
File: daisy-ridley-as-rey.jpg (30KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
daisy-ridley-as-rey.jpg
30KB, 600x350px
>The name is Rey....Rey Kenobi
>James Bond theme start playing
>>
>>78316867
An important part of joining the Dark Side is that it needs to be done of your own will

It needs to feel like it's your only other option; it can happen under duress, obviously, but literally forcing them to do it isn't good for the process of conversion

It is a seduction, after all
>>
>>78316983
What?

Oh,

OH!

That's nice.
>>
TFA was pretty good. Kinda sad no references from Rebels and vice versa.
>>
>>78316994
>implying it's not Rey-Ban Kenobi
>>
>watching premake, compiled footage from everything new hope stole from.
>all that music Williams stole

i love how star wars is such a fucking messing soup of movies and shit. kinda makes me wanna see Tarantino do one
>>
>>78317011
Why Kenobi again?
>>
>>78317009
It's a cartoon. That's why.. Nothing that isn't live action will be seen on the big screen.
>>
>>78317009
Rebels is like 40 years earlier at least, and none of those characters matter, so why would there be?
>>
>>78317009
The flags were surprising already to me so it was fine
>>
>>78316680
>Fell off Cloud City
Why do people assume this? That giant room had a bottom that the lightsaber would have fallen to. Why does everyone assume it fell in one of those things Luke fell into that opens up to Bespin? It's as easy an explanation as:
>Luke fucks off to the Temple of Doom
>Lando is getting new air ducts for Cloud City
>some random jerk off who's replacing the air ducts finds a lightsaber and decides to keep it
>it gets passed around until Maz finds it
>>
>>78317009
>>78317028
Ahem
>>
>>78316707
He's a cowardly idiot.
>>
>>78317051
Also, theres probably a bunch more. People found Vizago's "Broken Horn" flag too.
>>
>>78317051
Yeah, some obscure flags in the background. That is at most what we will ever get.
>>
File: obi.jpg (56KB, 308x398px) Image search: [Google]
obi.jpg
56KB, 308x398px
>>78317021
>live on a desert planet
>great Jedi
>use mind tricks
>>
>>78317051
Above the mango skull was Vizago's broken horn symbol as well
>>
>>78317049

shit even odds she got it because some poor drunk didn't have cash for booze and pawned it
>>
File: 1412540995310.jpg (43KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
1412540995310.jpg
43KB, 312x312px
>>78317020
>kinda makes me wanna see Tarantino do one
>>
So for the Rey=Kenobi does that mean he fucked someone as a force ghost and we've got another immaculate conception? Only this time a girl who won't turn evil

poetry
>>
>>78317078
and you believe in that? But Satine died, and all of his waifus died too
>>
>>78316453
>anon can't into pottery
>>
Ah so they "Rey!" was edited Alec but the "these are the first steps" was Ewan. Cool that they blended both. Would have been neat for James Taylor to get a line so the trifecta would have been complete.
>>
>>78317111
>a girl who won't turn evil
Am I the only one who noticed her costume at the end was grey? It's pretty blatantly symbolic of her being in the middle right now, possibly going to be swayed to the dark side, or to the light. Thats probably going to be a big part of what 8 is about.
>>
>>78317021
I mean, she almost certainly isn't because Obi-Wan died an old man after spending 20 years alone missing his friends and his long dead waifu Satine who he never had kids with, but if she's not Luke's daughter then it's better than her being someone random who we don't even know I suppose. Also, there's a lot of pottery involved with having Obi-Wan train two generations of Skywalkers and then to have Luke train a Kenobi. From a certain point of view.
>>
File: kenobi.jpg (148KB, 427x531px) Image search: [Google]
kenobi.jpg
148KB, 427x531px
>>78317151
>live 20 years in shithole
>don't fuck hot women
Anon pleas
>>
I guess Rey could be a second generation Kenobi or something too

>>78317173

Well obviously there'll be all that drama but I don't think she'll go evil
>>
>>78317165
Why would you use that insufferable faggot when you already have the man he's imitating?
>>
>>78317206
Poetry
>>
>>78317173
Her character has significant darkness about her throughout the film. I only really noticed it in my second viewing, it's often subtle but it's there. There are even hints of the Imperial March in her theme music. She's definitely going to continue to flirt with the dark side, if not fall completely to mirror Ben's return to the light.
>>
File: Poe_Dameron_infobox.png (2MB, 832x1216px) Image search: [Google]
Poe_Dameron_infobox.png
2MB, 832x1216px
Any books/comics with this guy yet?
>>
>>78317253
Just the comic with his parents as far as I know.
>>
Has Disney even made TFA screeners? Still waiting for them.
>>
>$238,000,000 opening weekend

Bravo Star Wars
>>
>>78317246
>mirror Ben's return to the light.
Why do people believe he'll return to light? After a certain event his DS transformation is more or less complete, Kylo even spells it out. There's no turning back for him now.
>>
>“Everyone who has seen these movies thinks about ‘I am your father …’ and ‘There is another …’,” the director said. “But neither of those things were in [1977’s original] Star Wars. Star Wars didn’t say Luke was the son of Vader. Star Wars didn’t say Leia was the sister of Luke. You didn’t understand what these references were: the Empire, dark times, Clone Wars. There were these things that were discussed that don’t get explained. George [Lucas] dropped you into a story and respected you to infer everything necessary to understand what you need to know.”
>>
>>78316127
Not really though, the only thing left was Ciena's trial/release
>>
>>78317303
Youre forgetting Nash, who is being set up to be a villain.
>>
File: 1394583639196.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1394583639196.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>78317295
What the fuck am I looking at?
>>
If anyone cares, there is a Portuguese cam rip of the movie.
>>
>>78316994
She's too young to be Obi-Wan's.
>>
>>78317295
Yeah, but this movie doesn't have the luxury of being in a vacuum like the original did. Here there are expectations and loose ends to be tied up.
>>
File: 565442123126.jpg (78KB, 486x431px) Image search: [Google]
565442123126.jpg
78KB, 486x431px
>>78317195
Anon, pls
>>
>>78317206
>insufferable faggot
What do you have against Ewan anon?
>>
>>78317195
There's two suns and no women. Aunt Beru was probably the last woman left on that planet.
>>
Bigger JJ troll job: Finn being a jedi or phasma being an important character?
>>
>>78317293
I shouldn't have to spell it out for you, but I'll give you what you need to know. Han activated the Lightsaber himself. He saw how sincerely broken and confused his son was in that moment and meant what he said when he told him he'd do anything to help him. He sacrificed himself in the hope that it would eventually redeem him and give his inner turmoil some measure of peace. Why do you think Ben says "Thank you" afterward? It's plain to see that he's not even evil, he just strangely wishes to be for as yet unclear reasons
>>
>>78317406
Phasma being important for sure.

Most people agreed that Finn was a ruse, but for some reason, people were insisting that Phasma was going to have a big role. And yeah-yeah, she's gonna do stuff in 8, whatever. They still managed to get people to buy her toy. Probably sold the most too.
>>
>>78316443

ALREADY CONFIRMED FOR EPISODE VIII
>>
>>78317406
>phasma being an important character?
This, she was just in the movie to actually sell toys and didn't do ANYTHING, that was the problem. She should have been allowed to do at least one memorable thing before being thrown into a garbage chute off-screen.
>>
>>78317195
>Died 33 years before TFA
>Daughter is ~20 years old
>>
>>78317406
I think most people saw Finn not being a Jedi coming from a mile away, and Phasma always looked like new Boba Fett to me, so neither really.
>>
>>78317406
100% Phasma.
But I think she'll get her time to shine in Episode VIII.
>>78317420
Nah, pretty sure Kylo's just a psycho and thought that Han trying to reconcile with him was Han volunteering himself to be murdered.
You can see when he tries to take the lightsaber from Kylo that Kylo holds onto it tighter, grips it with both hands, and then activates it.
Kylo took a moment of redemption and used it as an opportunity to purge himself of the Light.
>>
>>78317406

Finn shanked a motherfucker with a ligthsaber and even got a jab in Kylo Ren.

Phasma just showed up.
>>
number 1 thing I want in Ep 8 is Chewie ripping off Kylo's arm
>>
>>78317518
I want Rey to lose a limb, because battle damage on women is my fetish.
>>
>>78317195
Nigga, its Tatooine, the only hot chicks there are the dancers Jabba owns. The rest are beef jerky because they work in the hot sun all the time.
>>
>>78317475
Kylo Ren isn't crazy, and that's the problem. He was being 100% genuine and honest with Han. The film establishes well before that scene that he's constantly feeling the pull to stop what he's doing, go home, and atone but it scares him and he hates himself for it. He's the reverse of basically every other Jedi struggling with morality and conscience who are terrified of becoming evil. He is afraid of being the good person he is deep down because he sees it as wrong and weak, something at odds with his convictions whatever they may be. Han sees that in him and makes the same choice Obi-Wan did in ANH.
>>
You can change five things about TFA. Only five things. What do you change?
>>
>>78317550
Her staff is foreshadowing that she'll lose a leg and have to use it as a crutch
>>
>>78317469
I did too but I just went with it since most promotional material had finn with the lightsaber. I underestimated how far JJ would go to throw us off.

Although I should have seen it coming once we found out how he did Lupita. Btw that wasn't me saying he's racist but saying he will do whatever he goddamn wants
>>
>>78317589
more history depth (not so many fast scenes), political context, old aliens
>>
>>78317589
3 hour extended version
>>
>>78317589
Luke is still training new jedi and didn't give up after one failure, Finn takes that riot troopers electro-tonfa and it becomes his signature weapon, more Poe, Kylo never takes his mask off, female twi'lek main cast member.
>>
>>78317577
>isn't crazy
>talks to his grandfather's burnt out husk of helmet
>rages like a lunatic when something goes wrong
We did not watch the same film.
>>
>>78317589
Crimson Corsair into the new Chewie
>>
>>78317550
This is going to happen. Kylo will get some revenge but then he will realize that he actually loves Rey and turn to the light.
>>
>>78317589
1) Tone the fuck down on the OT references
2) They fail to destroy Starkiller Base
3) Rey gets a dual-sided lightsaber, either purple, or a yellow Temple Guard one (honestly still hoping this happens in 8/9)
4) The ending, it was shit.
5) The soundtrack, it was very weak.
>>
>>78317406
I'd say Phasma.
>>
I want to know more info on the old guy in the start of the movie. No way he just happens to be on the same planet as the main character and happens to have the mcguffin at the same time.
>>
>>78317589
1. Explain the New Republic's stance on the First Order and why the Resistance was formed because of it.
2. Show the Senate and name drop that it isn't fucking Coruscant.
3. Remove Trey-tor and put Phasma in his place on Takodana, but let her escape alive with Kylo.
4. More time with Maz's Castle.
5. Show some of the old aliens that we know.
>>
>>78317589
>more context to the politics, give me a reason to care about the New Republic before the First Order destroys it and explain better who and what the First Order actually are
>More Poe Dameron, felt like he had a lot more scenes that got cut the way he vanishes from the film only to inexplicably show up again later
>More Kylo Ren, he's the best character by far and I was entirely invested in him. Every scene he's in dwarfs the rest of the film
>More recognizable aliens
>Should have had the attack on Starkiller Base actually fail to differentiate the circumstances of the new trilogy from the OT. Having the villains build a third Death Star and lose yet again is silly, they should have learned by now. Was still entertaining and fun, but would have been an interesting turn of events.
>>
>>78317589
>Slow down on the off-screen villain teleportation
>Cut down on that bit with Han, Chewie, Finn and Rey beating the thugs
>An explanation on what the First Order IS and what the New Republic IS
>Phasma doing things like fighting on the ground at Takodana
>Changing Snoke's dumb name.
>>
>>78315955

no, troy denning needs to stay away from star wars. he's done enough damage.
>>
>>78315382
Don't we all?
>>
>>78317589
The last scene with Rey walking up to Luke should've happened during the night to make it a bit more mysterious. It should've also been a bit shorter and Williams should have used the force theme.
I really loved the idea behind the final scene, but not the execution.
>>
>get guys from The Raid
>no scenes of them beating the shit out of aliens

Is aiming high and missing better than settling?
>>
>>78317756
I was hoping she would see the cloaked figure ask who he was and have Luke respond with "I am your father" then the movie ends. Super corny I know but I would have loved it
>>
>>78317392

read the side material.
>>
File: 14476107044452.jpg (74KB, 369x425px) Image search: [Google]
14476107044452.jpg
74KB, 369x425px
Is Han the first person to exit hyperspace in a planet's atmosphere?
>>
>>78317720
>1. Explain the New Republic's stance on the First Order and why the Resistance was formed because of it.
>show the senate
Nope nope nope
I would be fine with Luke explaining why Snoke is the bad guy though.
>>
>>78317675
No, we did, I just think you missed some of the intricacies at play beneath the surface of the character and the implications they have within the Star Wars mythology. He's complex, more so than I think most people expected and they just wanted a literal rehash of Vader so it upsets them when they were presented with something much more real.
>>
>>78317863
He's the absolute madman
>>
>>78317863
First that I can think of
>>
>>78317744
He's literally the best author the EU ever had aside from Timothy Zahn, all of his books are 10/10. The fuck are you on about?
>>
>>78317906
>best author the EU ever had

>Not Matthew Stover

Shatterpoint and TCW are the only good things about the prequels
>>
>>78317756
It just lasted too long, shots that linger like that without dialogue are awkward. It didn't need that sweeping shot from above of them just still standing there staring at each other.
>>
>>78317475
>Ben stabbed first.
>>
>>78317906

star by star was the last good book he wrote
>>
>>78315418
Bro you fucking know what's up, I couldn't have said it any better. We are now in the speculation phase with only the questions of tfa to guide our imaginations. Thank goodness it's only 18 months I remember the first year after tpm and aotc when all we got were casting decisions and maybe a few pieces of concept art. There were some great games and OK books to fill the void. It was grueling but it did give us plenty of time to dream and I think that's worth something.3 years now seems fucking outrageous and I'm getting old. Its going to be a great year.
>>
>>78317857
One shouldn't have to read supplementary material in books and guides to better understand a movie. The reasons and goals of the protagonists and antagonists should be seen in a movie, even a small hint is better than nothing. Guide books should be used to give even more information about a subject or setting in a movie, rather than be used as the only source for information.
>>
>>78317871
I'm waiting on an explanation as to WHY he turned to the Dark Side before I say anything about him is complex.
You can have a complex character and still have him be a raging, imbalance young man. WHY does he want to purge himself of the Light? Regret? A need to fulfill a goal using the Dark Side only? Something else?
>>
>>78317980
>The reasons and goals of the protagonists and antagonists should be seen in a movie

Good thing, this was all in the movie.
>>
>>78317948
Pretty much, yeah
>>
>>78317693
>They fail to destroy Starkiller Base
Anon, do you even pottery?
>>
>>78317379
She can be his granddaughter, though.
>>
File: 1440516321702.png (417KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1440516321702.png
417KB, 500x700px
>>78317959
>tfw Troy Denning's book is the next in the series
>>
>>78318005
I refuse to stop until this is the next big star wars meme.
>>
What's the best sourcebook on the old republic?

KotoR Campaign Guide?
>>
>>78317983
I can't disagree with that, more of his backstory and motivations are what I'm most excited about for the next 2 films. I have not been this enamored with a character since the first time I saw Darth Vader, and Vader isn't very interesting or developed in ANH, especially compared to Kylo Ren.
>>
so the guy that kylo stabbed wasn't one of luke's jedi students

but i'm wondering why the knights of ren are murdering random dudes who use melee weapons

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/678618265858387968
>>
>>78318082
That's fair.
Rey and Kylo have a much more established rivalry now, unlike Luke and Vader, which is something I really liked in this film.
I wonder if he'll have to use a breathing apparatus after that gut-shot, though.
>>78318110
I'm wondering when or if the other Knights are going to show up. I know Kylo is their Master, so does he still control them, even under Snoke?
>>
>>78318110
I know it'll be explained in due course, but I fucking hate waiting. I need to know what was happening here. I wanted to see an awesome flashback of Luke running around protecting his students. I want to know what the deal is with the Knighs of Ren. Are they something like the One Sith but with a name change? Why won't you tell us Pablo
>>
>>78317959
>>78318053
I can't even hold all these wrong opinions. He's the only one who kept me reading Legacy of the Force and Fate of the Jedi, his books were by far the strongest installments and he had the thankless job of singlehandedly unfucking as much of Karen Traviss' wank as possible in order to salvage LotF. He was the only author that ever understand the true voice and feel of all the characters as far as I'm concerned, everyone else always wildly misunderstood many of them and so you get characterizations for Han, Leia, and Jaina especially that are just awful outside of his books.
>>
File: 20151219_woc915_6.png (202KB, 1190x1560px) Image search: [Google]
20151219_woc915_6.png
202KB, 1190x1560px
The axis markers
>>
>>78318156
>I wonder if he'll have to use a breathing apparatus after that gut-shot, though.
That's far too much pottery for my liking. Hopefully he'll realise him and Anakin shared a similar facial scar and then he can stop jizzing over Vader
>>
>>78318156

snoke mentions having other apprentices, and the knights of ren are referred to a as a new group of darksiders in the visual dictionary. so kylo is their leader but they're all under snoke.
>>
>>78317589
>You can change five things about TFA. Only five things. What do you change?

No closeups on Snoke, stick with the wideshots. His design could be a little more alien.

No Starkiller Base, have 'the Tarkin' just be a massive ship.

Speed up the time in Maz Kanata's castle, it drags a little.

Replace TR8R with Phasma, her being slightly wounded after the battle would make capture later to lower the shields be more reasonable.

Luke says something. Hell he can just nod or whatever.
>>
>>78317589
>more Poe, maybe he's captured by the FO and they get him back at the end of the movie or he meets Rey at the end. Through out the movie you can cut back to him on the Star Killer
>Have Phasma be on the ground doing combos with TR-8R
>Just refer to Snoke as "Supreme Commander"
>Better explanation on the Resistance than a throw away line
>fix Kylo's hilt
>>
>>78318206
Well shit, I missed that bit
>>78318205
I think such a fucking complete defeat will shake his faith a little. And it would be funny to see Kylo being forced to use an invasive and painful breathing aid and think "I have chosen a poor role model."
Aslo, does anyone have a gif of Riot Trooper throwing away his weapons when he calls out Finn? I couldn't not find that part hilarious.
Also one of that duo of troopers turning away from their patrol during Kylo's freak-out
>>
>>78318219
The scene with Luke should have had him walk over and take the Lightsaber from Rey. And then close on him looking it over with a sad or wistful look on his face. Maybe have him say something regarding how long it's been since he's held it. I don't know, just anything more than staring at each other without moving for 2 minutes.
>>
File: 91iNObI+NEL.jpg (667KB, 2560x1529px) Image search: [Google]
91iNObI+NEL.jpg
667KB, 2560x1529px
Amazon has some scan previews for this, some new pages some old but here we go.
>>
File: 91ppNTY8QVL.jpg (702KB, 2560x1529px) Image search: [Google]
91ppNTY8QVL.jpg
702KB, 2560x1529px
>>78318300
I don't want pie captcha
>>
>>78318279
that would have been nice.
I'm still hoping Rey gets a dual-bladed lightsaber. Preferably in yellow.
>>
>>78318300
The shield looks like a smiley face. I'm a big fan of these new stormtroopers
>>
File: 91wjwiMQ7oL.jpg (726KB, 2560x1529px) Image search: [Google]
91wjwiMQ7oL.jpg
726KB, 2560x1529px
>>78318310
>>
File: FrankQuitely-StarWarsArtComics.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FrankQuitely-StarWarsArtComics.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
My takeaway as a nerd is that Force Awakens is infinitely less quotable than all the other movies, even the prequels.

The closest we've got to a line is TRAITOR.
>>
>>78317589
Cancel it and throw the money into finishing The Clone Wars properly.
>>
File: 91KKX8Q5PBL.jpg (789KB, 2560x1529px) Image search: [Google]
91KKX8Q5PBL.jpg
789KB, 2560x1529px
>>78318325
Constable where the fuck was I and Sarco I'm drawing a blank
>>
>>78318331
I dunno, I remembered 'We need a pilot!'
>>
File: 91hsEIvAN5L.jpg (808KB, 2560x1529px) Image search: [Google]
91hsEIvAN5L.jpg
808KB, 2560x1529px
>>78318340
My grandma and an ugly but friendly cook
>>
>>78318314
I think it'll be a staff Lightsaber, double bladed or not, and I'd put money on yellow. It just feels right for her character somehow.
>>
>>78318110
What if that guy was a KoR that was about to kill Rey and Kylo stepped in to save her?
>>
File: 913fnavGzCL.jpg (750KB, 2560x1529px) Image search: [Google]
913fnavGzCL.jpg
750KB, 2560x1529px
>>78318351
PILOTS

That's all the pages in the preview
>>
>>78318359
That's one of the most common theories floating around. Either Ben didn't want to commit to killing his cousin and then shipped her off to Jakku.
>>
>>78318370
>Snap Wexley
>Not Pool'd Porkins
>>
>>78318300
The blurb on the top left definitely makes this sounds more like the start of WW2, instead of "what-if Nazis fled to Argentina"
>>
>>78318325
>simple hairstyle designed for desert survival
>has a damn dinosaur braid and very long hair

>salvaged quarterstaff
>Looking more and more like the faux-lightsaber was just a ruse
>>
>>78318351

>This is the origin of Maz Kanata
>>
>>78318474
>Orange-in
>>
>>78318351
Also I don't know what the fuck a Gornt is or that other stuff, but I'd eat it all
>>
>>78318394

He's clearly a bastard child.
>>
File: Thi-Sen_SWE.png (255KB, 355x630px) Image search: [Google]
Thi-Sen_SWE.png
255KB, 355x630px
>>78318351
>>78318340
I'm pretty disappointed that all of JJ's aliens were just longer more wrinkly humans.

It's fucking Star Wars, he had a free pass to go fucking wild. Instead they all look like they belong better in Dr.Who.
>>
>>78318300
So The Galactic Civil war was just WWI rather than WWII?
>>
>>78318541
It was always WWI
>>
NOVELISATION WHEN?
>>
>>78318548
Well I suppose there was Trench Warfare
>>
File: Judoon_DW_The_Stolen_Earth.jpg (38KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
Judoon_DW_The_Stolen_Earth.jpg
38KB, 700x400px
>>78318535
My exact thoughts as well. There was little imagination in a lot of them. Snoke too, he looked like he should have been in LOTR or in Thanos' chair
>>
>>78318557
It's in the mega
>>
>>78318535
>>78318564
You guys are disillusioned if you think the cantina aliens in ANH had imagination. Half of them were literally reuses from other movies.
>>
/tv/ on suicide watch
>>
>>78318617
Why?
>>
>>78317707
When I first saw him, I thought it was Valorum.
>>
>>78318635
>TFA crushes JW's opening weekend
>RLM liked TFA
>>
>>78316412
>>78316443
I'm putting money on her being a main antagonist in the next movie while Kylo whines to his sith grandpa because he's not as cool as Vader.
>>
The thing I don't really get is why the New Republic seems to be so okay with normalising relationships with The First Order, seeing as they appear to be Hell bent on rebuilding the Empire.
>>
>>78318635
The entire board is just Star Wars now. Plus the movie wasn't bad, nor was it amazing, but theres nothing they can meme about because of that. They cant even claim the movie failed to beat Jurassic World, because it did.
>>
>>78318196
There is absolutely no way that scale is accurate. Based on the legend, Kingsman made ~$1.5bn in the US. It only made $414m worldwide, and like $130 in the US.

I like the idea of that data, but I really don't think it's well presented.
>>
>>78318656
Because Mon Mothma was a fucking idiot and disbanded all their military so they couldn't even fight them if they wanted to.
>>
>>78318660
We are left at a stalemate then, just like the galaxy at the end of TFA.This poetry.
>>
>>78317707
He's just some old Rebel friend of Leia (and possibly her father). He's clearly from Alderaan, sees her as royalty still. Possibly pulling an Obi-Wan looking after Rey from afar, but the flashback to her as a child clearly has her being left with that alien junk dealer, so that's not certain
>>
File: oh you harley.png (428KB, 700x460px) Image search: [Google]
oh you harley.png
428KB, 700x460px
>>78318562
>>
>>78317863
Probably had to remove/turn off a bunch of safety features on the Falcon to do it.
>>
>>78318595
The band also looked like literal dickheads.
>>
>>78318656
The New Republic is inept and can't do anything right, we might see them better explored in Episode 8, if there are a few surviving politicians left.
>>
Reminder that the guy in Aftermath that was telling Mon Mothma that demilitarizing was a bad idea was right

Mon Mothma was a mistake
>>
>>78318595
>literally Werewolf: The Alien
>>
>>78318370
>The Skywalker Swoop
>The Antilles Intercept
>The Porkins Belly Run
>>
File: supreme schemer.jpg (64KB, 438x576px) Image search: [Google]
supreme schemer.jpg
64KB, 438x576px
>in anticipation of his death, Palpatine uploaded his consciousness into a droid designated BB-8

calling it

screencap this post
>>
>>78318310
>His "deadly" lightsaber skills
Is that why he jobbed? He didn't want to kill Finn and Rey?
>>
>>78318647
Did they really expect it not to destroy OW records?
>>
>>78318788
What is Snoke is just Palpatine?
>>
>>78318796
Finn was neutralized and Snoke told Ren to bring Rey to him
>>
>>78318796
>kylo
>jobbed
>>
>>78318348
"And I'll drop my blaster."
>>
>>78318310
>the blade cackles because the crystal is cracked

neat.
>>
>>78318754
Yup. Mon Mothma is a retard, just like all the senators in The Clone Wars constantly going on about MUH PACIFISM (Satine, Padme, Chuchi, Farr, etc). The Dark Side will always crush people like that because they make it too easy and that's exactly what happened here. I was on that guy's side, and any reasonable person would be, there's no peace to be had with something like the Empire or First Order when they can't even respect you for military might that you don't have.
>>
>>78318656
The New Republic doesn't believe in the First Order's meteoric rise to power. It's pretty the same situation as Appeasement except here, the Allies are fucking ignoring the Nazi buildup so long as it "remains within treaty limits"
>>
>>78318595
I'm not saying they were Barlowe tier, i'm just saying the original movies gave us things like Rodians and Ithorians, as well as literal werewolf masks and a guy in devil makeup.

FA just gave us generic humans at various sizes and face length, none of which really stood out or seemed worthwhile.
>>
>>78318811
>yfw Snoke is a failed clone of Anakin that Palpatine raised as a son in secret to get an apprentice with Vader's power but Sheev's intelligence and ambition
>>
File: CSCqzIfU8AATksf.jpg (21KB, 480x260px) Image search: [Google]
CSCqzIfU8AATksf.jpg
21KB, 480x260px
>>78318796
>Is that why he jobbed? He didn't want to kill Finn and Rey?

Chewie shot him in the gut. There was a zoom-in of his blood all over the ground and a reaction shot of Rey observing that he was bleeding everywhere.

Finn managed to hit him once in the arm before being KO'd.

Rey mostly thrust at him and used her mobility to evade him, until he chased her to the rift in the ground.

Once there he tried to sway her to his side but fucked that completely as so as he said "the Force" which gave Rey a name for all the surreal shit she was channeling and let her regain her focus and beat him.
>>
>>78318841
Yeah, that works.

Now we just need to see the Republic mobilize, while the First Order do their best to strike quickly lest they get bogged down in attritional warfare.

This is going to be fun.
>>
>>78318796
Dude just took a gut shot from a bowcaster. Give him a fucking break.
>>
File: minions.png (84KB, 198x174px) Image search: [Google]
minions.png
84KB, 198x174px
>>78318351
No escape
>>
Here's th eSOundtrack vote again. Gonna close it soon, just wanted to make sure I get a big enough sample pool.

Right now it looks like Version 1 will be the winner for what I'll use for the soundtracks, but the other variants will be included in the MEGA as well. Just use a program like mp3tag to change the cover to whichever variant you want.
>>
>>78318849
>FA just gave us generic humans at various sizes and face length, none of which really stood out or seemed worthwhile.

You've got selective memory, bro.

We got the crimson corsair, the Metropolis robot, the Irma Vep lady, the mosquito people, mama orange slices, robot arms fella, and a decent assortment of others.

The film was storm trooper heavy but we got a lot of variation with them as well.

I do want more noodle faces and proboscis and just weird shit, but it wasn't as bland as you make it seem.
>>
>>78318300
Also noteworthy is the Republic of the Clone Wars is called the "Old Republic" as well.
>>
Star Wars: Book III: Rebel Jail
Jason Aaron, Leinil Yu et al.
Graphic Novel [Marvel]
• The Rebels travel to a prison base having taken an important captive in Vader Down.
• Unfortunately, they aren't the only ones with their eyes on the prisoners.
Collating issues #15 thru #20 of Marvel's ongoing Star Wars comic series.
>>
>>78318370
>Porkins Belly Run

Wow.

Though didn't Porkins mess up by not pulling up in time? Is there an amazing story behind the guy we were never told?
>>
If Kylo and Rey are related my fanfics will be ruined!
>>
File: star warriors.jpg (139KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
star warriors.jpg
139KB, 1080x1080px
Finn was the best character. Most interesting backstory, had great action, dramatic and comedic scenes, worked well off of everyone else and was the catalyst for the whole plot.
>>
>>78318351
>Vibro knife
Vibro blades canon?
>>
>>78318849
There was something that looked like a 6 foot long maggot having a drink.

I believe there were also some insectoid looking guys too.

>>78318884
Also, he's kind of a little punk. A lot of the point is that he's a whey faced little shit who wants to be a "big man".

Compare with Finn's idea of asserting himself as "a big guy" in the Resistance. He got that idea from the same place as Ren, the idea that important people are "big men" like that.

He's also distinctly out of control in a lot of ways besides. I mean, he is just not stable.

But yeah, getting gut shot like a sucker because his focus was off when he easily could have prevented it, but didn't because of his turmoil, that was the big thing.

That's why people lose real sword fights, and stuff, really. They get one nasty debilitating wound and it fucking kills them because they are already basically dying or well on the way to being disabled at least from that point on.

And it was a little bit between when he got shot in the gut and the fight started. He had already bled like a stuck pig for some time. The exertion of the fight surely did him no favors.
>>
>>78317871

No, I didn't want a rehash of Vader, but I wanted a character with motivations that were at least vaguely relateable.

Kylo Ren's whole reason for going to the dark side seems to be that he just wants to be on the dark side, but considering how difficult it seems to be for him he's kind of a huge fuckup as a dark-sider.

Maul was raised within the dark side and never knew anything else. Dooku fell to the dark side over radical political idealism. Ventress fell to the dark side in her raw grief over her master's death. Anakin fell to the dark side to save the woman he loved. These characters have REASONS why they wound up doing the things they did.

The OT implies that Vader's primary motivation for being on the dark side, at least by the time of the OT, is the power it brings, and he clearly and visibly revels in that power. When he tries to tempt Luke, he does it with promises of ending the war, overthrowing the Emperor, and ruling the galaxy as father and son. These are actually tempting things. If Luke had fallen, it would be fairly clear WHY he fell.

Kylo Ren seems to have fallen because fuck you dad I won't do what you tell me. All he ever does is throw temper tantrums, beat up on people far weaker than him, and promise to "finish what Vader started", whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean -- nevermind that Vader was ultimately REDEEMED and there's no reason his parents would have kept that a secret from him. What's more, a glimpse of the history of the dark side should show that dark siders generally meet sticky ends: if you feel the pull of the light, SPRINT TOWARDS IT ASAP BEFORE REDEMPTION CAN ONLY HAPPEN IN DEATH.

Even Darth Caedus would be better: Caedus fell because he wanted to save the Republic and felt it was the only way. Hell, even Kyp Durron would be better; he fell over his sheer rage at the people who imprisoned him in the spice mines of Kessel for most of his life.
>>
>>78319051
They've shown up in some of the new books.
>>
File: 1435903187513.gif (903KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1435903187513.gif
903KB, 300x200px
Just taken a look at the Mega, and want to thank whichever of you wonderful cunts handles that stuff. Really impressed that you've even got the movies up on there, and the comics section is useful since archive.moe died and I can't search through old Win-O'-Threads anymore.

Only recommendation I can think of would be to get the Despecialized editions on there, but the fullsize rips are like 17GB each so that's understandable.
>>
Lets take a trip down memory lane with old TFA rumors

http://collider.com/star-wars-episode-7-rumors/
>>
>>78319046

That looks like something Finn would draw and Poe would put on the refrigerator with a heart magnet.
>>
>>78319046
I liked Poe more :3. They better give him more time in the next episode.
>>
File: CWsVw0kUwAEczlf.jpg (39KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
CWsVw0kUwAEczlf.jpg
39KB, 599x337px
Really want this to be out on blu-ray so I can examine all the flags
>>
>>78319068
I think the reason why Kylo fell was because he resented being sent off to train with Luke away from his parents.
>>
>>78319046
Well duh. Boyega's the best actor of the 3.
>>
>>78319134
I thought they said 'I knew we should've sent him to Luke', implying that training with uncle Luke would've prevented this, or did I hear that wrong?

This new timeline is already confusing me.
>>
>>78319046
I did like Finn.
But honestly, Kylo was just my favorite part of the movie.
Favorite character.
>>
>>78319091
I was just thinking they looked too bad ass
>>
>>78318660
>/tv/
Holy shit, I just checked it out. It's literally just Star Wars.
>>
>>78319163
I thought they did send him off to Luke, and he got tricked by Snoke.

In fact, it's sounding like Snoke offered Kylo a cheat sheet for the final exam for his soul now I think about it...
>>
File: Bill Nye 5.jpg (209KB, 757x567px) Image search: [Google]
Bill Nye 5.jpg
209KB, 757x567px
>>78319080
>Lets take a trip down memory lane with old TFA rumors

>Almost all the bullshit leaks are from Latino-Review

So, about the same as always.
>>
>>78317906

John Jackson Miller is better.

James Luceno is often better.

Although that's not to say Denning is really BAD. I actually quite like his prose, and his plotting and characters are consistently solid. The biggest problem I have with Denning as a Star Wars author is that he keeps getting so fucking GRIMDARK.

My ideal tone for Star Wars is the kind of thing we saw in Brothers of the Broken Horn and The Future of the Force. I don't care for grittiness, but I like a dark, sort of operatic romanticism. Denning tends to shoot for something a bit more 40k-ish, and while I HAVE enjoyed some Black Library stuff in my time, I'm not sure it has a place in Star Wars.
>>
>>78319068
Well, it could be that Kylo turned because he feels that the path of the dark side and the methods Vader and the Empire used are the only way to maintain order in the galaxy (which is probably the mindset driving the First Order as a whole).

That, and he probably feels that given his bloodline, it's his destiny and birthright to be Vader's successor anyway. Pretty sure the visual guide even says something along those lines.
>>
>>78319068
Kylo is aware that Vader became Light side in the end.
>>
>>78319186
Yeah, and it's mostly just shitposting. It's been like that since the movie released overseas.
>>
>>78316463
No, Poe was the Leia of the film, aside from the actual Leia I mean.
>>
>>78319134
No, they said they "SHOULDN'T" have
They were talking about how they should have simply raised Kylo as their son first, rather than as part of the next generation of Jedi with Luke.
>>
>>78319299
That's what I was saying, I think you're responding to someone else.
>>
File: jagafess-alien-496.jpg (24KB, 496x303px) Image search: [Google]
jagafess-alien-496.jpg
24KB, 496x303px
>>78318535

The rathtars ESPECIALLY seemed to me like a Doctor Who monster.

I was particularly reminded of the Jagrafess.
>>
>>78318541

The Clone Wars seemed like WWI to me, while the GCW was WWII.

This new conflict is the Nazis who fled to Argentina coming back with nukes.
>>
>>78319317
fuck damnit, I need coffee
was meant for >>78319163
>>
>>78319326
>The rathtars ESPECIALLY seemed to me like a Doctor Who monster.

The dilemma for me is that they're something that clearly couldn't have been made in the 70's.

They were big rolling CGI meatballs. While they were fun, they're also part of the new paradigm for the series that can just push CGI when it's convenient.

Like there' a half second shot of a CGI Threepio when R2D2 first revs up because they obviously realized they left him out of frame late in production and so they just put him back in. It's the little things.
>>
File: PhoenixOBJECTION.png (12KB, 257x192px) Image search: [Google]
PhoenixOBJECTION.png
12KB, 257x192px
>>78318310

>Accusing finger reinforces unquestioned authority

One young lawyer could take over the entire First Order if that's all it takes.
>>
>>78315375
>needs a hug
>>
>>78318370
>Skywalker Swoop
>Antilles Intercept
>Porkins Belly Run

These are fucking great
>>
File: sw_prop_32-1024x768.jpg (72KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
sw_prop_32-1024x768.jpg
72KB, 1024x768px
>>78319350
>This new conflict is the Nazis who fled to Argentina coming back with nukes.

General Hux's hat says "North Korea" to me.
>>
>>78318535
>translation: wah wah it wasn't familiar enough :((((
>>
>>78319046

Finn was great until Han showed up.

The movie in general scraped along at "okay" with some attempts at originality and some very nice scenes and SOME measure of narrative connectedness at first.

Once Han showed up, the entire movie just turned to shit. Finn became pure comic relief, Rey went pure Mary Sue, and the story lost any sense of structure. It was always pretty clear WHAT was happening in any given scene, but WHY became almost unanswerable once Han had joined the crew.
>>
I seriously want a comic or tv show about Poe and Finn adventures.

They just look like they have so much fun together.
>>
>>78319528
>what is Episode 8?
>>
Will any villain ever hold a candle to Sheev?

He's an absolute joy to watch in RotJ. No one has come close yet.
>>
Quality aside, I'm glad this movie exists. It's what got me into SW again. I rewatched previous entries in the franchise and remembered how much I love this franchise. I can not wait for all the new material this new era of SW will keep bringing.
>>
>>78319493
There were some soviet elements in him imo. The whole "we build it all with our own hands" part of the speech in particular.
>>
>>78319557
I enjoy him even more in RotS because he really does love it when a plan comes together
>>
>>78319557

Kylo is getting there. Snoke seems to be in the super-serious no-fun zone.
>>
Could Rey possibly be a descendant of Obi Wan?
>>
>>78317863
A Jedi crew once went into hyperspace in a planetary atmosphere.
>>
File: johnny boy.png (255KB, 640x331px) Image search: [Google]
johnny boy.png
255KB, 640x331px
So, uh, Finn and Rey. Think they're gonna hook up?
>>
File: autumn04416.jpg (53KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
autumn04416.jpg
53KB, 848x480px
>>78316412
>Have a roommate.
>She's super into Phasma.
>I bought her a few figures.
>She wore Phasma's cape to our showing.
>PHASMA IS A NOTHING CHARACTER
>She is REAL mad.
>Get home.
>Hold a figure over our garbage can.
>Her face when
>>
>>78317863
Corsair story implied that a Separatist ship did that in the Clone Wars.
>>
>>78319599
No, unless the Ghost Obi Wan was able to procreate
>>
>>78319596
Snoke's design is rad as fuck though.

Also, does anyone else kind of wish that he had actually been a 50-foot tall giant fucking dude? I thought that would've been really cool.
>>
>>78319557

Are you really so naive as to believe that anyone can achieve better than the Sheev?
>>
>>78319618
Finn got friendzoned at the end
>>
>>78319326
The Rathtars are basically Beholders from Dungeons and Dragons, a big ball covered in tentackes with a mouth full of teeth and a bunch of eyes instead of just one big one. I thought they were really cool though, felt in line with Rancors, Wampas, Acklays, etc.
>>
>>78319639
Who says he couldn't have a kid while in exile?
>>
File: jb.jpg (65KB, 600x719px) Image search: [Google]
jb.jpg
65KB, 600x719px
>>78319618
No, there is another.
>>
>>78319655
No he didn't. She kissed and said she'd be back for him. She called him friend because at the moment that's all they are. But you visibly see how wet she got when he came back for her. They're doing some Iron Man 1 and 2 shit we're the set up is movie 1 and the romance is movie 2.
>>
>>78319663
>By the way Luke, have you met my son? He's not cool enough to bring with us to fight the Empire and be Jedi, but I thought you should meet him. He was a good kid.
>>
What's the best TFA track?

My vote goes to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueqKtype7Kk
>>
File: 14360587845069.png (351KB, 1920x1198px) Image search: [Google]
14360587845069.png
351KB, 1920x1198px
>>78319702
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwNpmpBC-t0
>>
>>78319700
Luke, did i ever tell you about this mandalorian leader i fell in love with and had sexytime with? She got a kid, who got a kid so my grandchild will in the future come meet you when you are a old loner. She will be a good grandchild.
>>
>>78319648

Everyone wants him to be Yoda sized.
>>
>>78319698
She kissed him on the forehead dude
>>
Anyone else think that Kylo Ren actually fell to the dark side and connected with the force overall by touching/seeing Vader's helmet for the first time like Rey did with Anakin's Lightsaber? Could explain part of the reason why Vader matters so much to him. Maybe saw him doing things as Vader that he thought were admirable or relatable in a vision and it contradicted what he was told about him all his life, hence why he finds the Anakin side of Vader to be detestable? If he began to doubt his parents and Luke, it could explain a lot about his views.
>>
File: lightsaber vs swords.webm (881KB, 1176x500px) Image search: [Google]
lightsaber vs swords.webm
881KB, 1176x500px
>>78319051
They've been for ages.
>>
>>78319756
Kissing his lips as he sleeps is rape anon
>>
File: Rathtar.png (2MB, 987x769px) Image search: [Google]
Rathtar.png
2MB, 987x769px
>>78319658

Those aren't eyes, that's herpes.

And beholders don't have tentacles, they have a bunch of eyestalks in addition to the huge eye.

Beholders are also smart. Like wickedly intelligent.

The rathtars' design felt very uninspired compared to rancors and wampas and acklays. The rancor and the acklay have an identity that seems like a proper nod to the sorts of monsters you'd sometimes see in Flash Gordon. They're designed like really impressive boss monsters in a video game or a fantasy story. The rathtars just seem more like generic dangerous sci-fi monster #2187
>>
>>78319326
The Rathtars were more dynamic dianogas. I liked them.
>>
>>78319698
>But you visibly see how wet she got when he came back for her

When Finn confessed he was a Stormtrooper he was also laying on the bedroom eyes.

And giving her Poe's jacket when she was cold.

You know what that jacket's made of? boyfriend material
>>
>>78319551

>Episode 8
>TV show or comic
>>
File: 14505926475088.jpg (37KB, 500x513px) Image search: [Google]
14505926475088.jpg
37KB, 500x513px
>>78319762
>>
>>78319618
Finn had more chemistry with Poe
>>
>>78319796
Agree to disagree I suppose, but I find that to be anything but generic. I like it a lot.
>>
>>78319702
I like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUs88IY1A00
>>
>>78319796

spaghetti and meat balls.
>>
>>78319700
>Implying Obi Wan tells Luke anything
Remember that time he didn't mention who Vader was?
>>
I might be the only one who wants this, but...
When the footage of Han Solo's death leaks, I want someone to do a transparency of Jabba the Hutt and Selacious Crumb laughing.
>>
File: 1450486638723.png (536KB, 480x700px) Image search: [Google]
1450486638723.png
536KB, 480x700px
>>78319815
Kylo images never fail to crack me up
>>
>>78319818

I want episode IX to end with a big gay wedding.
>>
>>78319818
Why not both? Poe seems cool enough to be okay with being a side piece.
>>
>>78319845
I thought of the same thing but with a Greedo in the background
>>
>>78319796
I dunno I liked the Rathtars. Reminds me of Lovecraftian horror. Something I welcome to Star Wars.

Also where did you get that imagine?
>>
>>78319873

Got the image on the Wook.

I think they pulled it from a book, because it's clearly not a shot from the film.
>>
>>78319852
>Why can't I be as cool as Grandpa
>>
>>78319815
Kylo Ren reminds me of a very young Alan Rickman
>>
File: coldsteel.jpg (195KB, 780x770px) Image search: [Google]
coldsteel.jpg
195KB, 780x770px
>>78319852
>>
>>78319618
John and Daisy might. They definitely seem to have a thing going and I can definitely see it happening
>>
>>78316443
I believe she came across Hans Broken body and carried him out to use as leverage and put him in a bacta tank to keep him alive.
>>
>>78319971
Just needs a Donut Steel watermark to be 10/10
>>
File: 129342134251.jpg (24KB, 211x204px) Image search: [Google]
129342134251.jpg
24KB, 211x204px
>>78319971
absolute classic
>>
File: 1447337787778.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1447337787778.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>people want more old aliens
>>
File: tumblr_niall5W9J81u27pz3o1_1280.jpg (150KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_niall5W9J81u27pz3o1_1280.jpg
150KB, 1280x720px
Snoke == Ezra

Era Bridger
>>
>>78320091
I just want to see some in the background.

There's nothing wrong with showing new aliens, I welcome it. It just feels weird for there to only e 3 returning aliens that are all named characters.

If they intermingled some Wookiees, Trandoshans, Duro, Weequays, etc along with all of the new aliens, it'd be fine.
>>
John's been going to random theaters in London to say hi. I really like this guy.
>>
File: 1449260132514.jpg (401KB, 1928x2700px) Image search: [Google]
1449260132514.jpg
401KB, 1928x2700px
>>78318358
Maybe it's just me, but she sort of reminded me of a considerably less stuck-up Bastila.
>>
File: sw.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
sw.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>78319979
Maybe
>>
>>78320099
Captain Phasma==Sabine

Sabine Wren
>>
>>78318358
>>78320181
What do the colors mean again? I think green was a strong connection to the force and blue was skilled combatant
>>
>>78319031
>The Rebels travel to a prison base having taken an important captive in Vader Down
Aphra
>>
>>78320341
In KotoR it was to dow th Knights vs Guardians
Currently?
Nothing, it doesnt matter. Anakin is even going to have a green one in that TPM comic
White Sabers also exist and Jedi Sentinels who guard the temple have yellow
>>
What do you think will be the big finale of Episode IX?

I'm thinking a rebellion invasion of the First Order home planet.
>>
tbqh I just want to see a chiss in the Empire/First Order forces at some point.
>>
>>78320341
Yeah, Jedi Consular and Jedi Guardian respectively. A yellow lightsaber is the mark of a Jedi Sentinel, who are more or less balanced between combat and force connection. Or something like that, I played Sentinel like once in KotOR 1 and then never again because it's not as fun as either Guardian or Consular, though it's arguably the most logical class to choose.
>>
>>78314978
New episodes when?
>>
>>78320424
Giant Snoke rampaging through Coruscant wielding a lightsabre the size of an X-Wing while Finn and Rey attack him Shadow of the Colossus style
>>
>>78320341
>What do the colors mean again?

Short answer: nothing.

Long answer, there's a vague tradition of jedi knights using blue, and jedi masters/force adepts using green.

Yellow is unaffiliated/ambiguous.
>>
>>78320424
Snoke getting wrecked or them all getting wrecked by Borg
>>
>>78320475
yellow is also the shittiest color that only faggots use
>>
>>78314978
Do you think Rey was a random
youngling at likes temple?

Lukes daughter?

Or could she be related to Ezra?
>>
>>78320456
I thought the Starkiller destroyed the Republic capital?
>>
>>78320424
Hux betrays Snoke and builds a Force-free empire
>>
>>78319633
Oh yeah, that just reminded me, Kix is still alive and well during TFA, the last of his kind
>>
>>78320499
>Or could she be related to Ezra?
doubt it. Didn't the director for Rebels confirm that Rebels wont be referenced in games and movies?
>>
>>78320341
Colors don't mean anything in canon. That was a stupid idea anyways.

Blue and Green are the most common colors for Jedi when they get their crystals.

Purple, AFAIK, is only attributed to Mace Windu.

Yellow seems to indicate Jedi Temple Guards, though there's nothing necessarily saying it's exclusive to them.

Sith exclusively wield red lightsabers, and their crystals are normally synthetic. Red kyber crystals do exist though, which is what Kylo Ren's saber uses, although it's cracked and unstable.

White is the rarest of all, there are only two examples. Master Tera Sinube and his saber-cane, and Ahsoka Tano's ancient lightsabers she found with her armor that she uses in Rebels.

Black has only one known example, the darksaber. We know it was stolen by an ancient relative of Pre Vizsla 1000 years before the Clone Wars during the Fall of the Old Republic when Mandalorians invaded Coruscant and infiltrated the Jedi Temple.
>>
>>78320528
guidebook says they have no single capital anymore and it was some random planet
>>
>>78320424
Kylo and Rey shock both sides by committing incest
>>
>>78320549
wait I thought Rebels was going to be part of the movies at some point?
>>
>>78320528
The capital changes to a different planet based on votes

So now that one guy that was sick the day Hosnian got rekt can say his planet is the capital now
>>
>>78320642
Probably Rogue One.
>>
>>78320562
Ahsoka's small saber from TCW was also a green-yellow.
>>
>>78320678
Oh yeah I remember now.
>>
>>78320562
>white
It's silver
>>
>>78317589
They shouldn't have made Rey a fucking Mary Sue. Have some balls JJ.
>>
>>78320562
>Ahsoka Tano's ancient lightsabers she found with her armor that she uses in Rebels.
>ancient lightsabers
>found with her armor

Source?
>>
File: CF.jpg (396KB, 565x795px) Image search: [Google]
CF.jpg
396KB, 565x795px
>>78320428
This desu
>>
https://twitter.com/starwars/status/678689521152593920

These are great
>>
>>78315802
/tv/ got so hilariously assblasted over that one.
>>
>>78320706
Source?

>>78320749
Rebel's Recon for "Fire Across the Galaxy" IIRC.
>>
>>78320754
Megan Fox?
>>
Could the Starship Enterprise and it's crew defeat the Starkiller?
>>
>>78320670
This one I know for sure he said that Rebels will have no affiliation with Rogue One

which is stupid because it'd fit perfectly
>>
File: star trek.jpg (222KB, 876x1079px) Image search: [Google]
star trek.jpg
222KB, 876x1079px
>>78320849
Which crew?
>>
>>78317589
1. Phasma takes the riot trooper's place, but doesn't die
2. some random officer goes down the trash compactor instead
3. One or more two scenes with Poe and Finn interacting, maybe featuring Rey so the assumed 3 main characters of the trilogy will be on screen together at least once
4. Starkiller just drains suns and doesn't have the DS laser. This way it'd be more of its own thing.
5. Jawas on Jakku instead of nondecript hooded guys from a few scenes
>>
File: 1405105393057.gif (2MB, 448x352px) Image search: [Google]
1405105393057.gif
2MB, 448x352px
>>78320849
They always win the day with some kind of bullshit "science", so yeah probably.
>>
>>78318331
>A droid stole a freighter?
>And i'll drop my blaster
thats all i got right now
>>
>>78318331
I guess there was "Wasn't he a war hero?"
>>
>>78320931
Don't forget
>Finn: Don't worry, well use the Force.
>Han:..that's not how it works!
>>
>>78320849
No because blasters>space remotes
>>
>>78320799
>Source?
Source that it's white first
>>
>>78318711
>He's just some old Rebel friend of Leia (and possibly her father)
>her father
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>78321043
>Source: My eyeballs
>>
>>78321062
He means friend of Leia and possibly friend of her father. "Her father" here meaning Bail, not Vader, obviously.
>>
The film made $500,000,000 in just 4 days.
>>
>>78321120
It beat Jurassic World's OW by $30mil.

By Saturday.

>There are actually people who thought this wouldn't set the record
Seriously, who didn't see this coming?
>>
File: FinxRey.png (233KB, 540x567px) Image search: [Google]
FinxRey.png
233KB, 540x567px
The shipping fan art has awoken. Have you felt it?
>>
>>78320895
>Jawas on Jakku

Too far, man, too far.
>>
>>78321164
The explanation most people had was

>no movie had ever made more than 87 million opening weekend in December
>the weather will put people off
>people are buying stuff for the holidays

Yet despite all that, it still broke the record by 30 million
>>
>>78321191
>holding hands
Trigger warning
>>
>>78321191
Oh god, here we go.
>>
File: sisko.png (263KB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
sisko.png
263KB, 500x391px
>>78320894
>No Sisko
>>
File: clone-wars5x20_1102.jpg (113KB, 1916x812px) Image search: [Google]
clone-wars5x20_1102.jpg
113KB, 1916x812px
>>78321043
Looks pretty white to me.
>>
>>78321191
but of course
>>
File: 1446384005999.jpg (56KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446384005999.jpg
56KB, 720x720px
>>78321191
WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!
THIS IS A SFW CHRISTIAN BOARD
>>
Is it true that TFA contained an in-joke reference to both Clone Wars and Rebels?
>>
File: 1330392833049.png (16KB, 538x396px) Image search: [Google]
1330392833049.png
16KB, 538x396px
Saw it earlier today and all I have to say is that Harrison Ford is a national treasure and he really should be frozen in carbonite for future generations to enjoy.
>>
File: kramerscared.gif (586KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
kramerscared.gif
586KB, 200x189px
>>78314978
> Listening to Kinect Star Wars on a Whim
> Lyrics to "I'm Han Solo"

>Yeah, I'm feeling good tonight,
Finally feeling free and it feels so right, oh.
Time to do the things I like,
Gonna see a Princess, everything's all right, oh.

>No Jabba to answer to,
Ain't a fixture in the palace zoo, no.
And since that carbonite's off me
I'm livin' life now that I'm free, yeah.

>Told me to get myself together
Now I got myself together, yeah.
Now I made it through the weather,
Better days are gonna get better.

>I'm so happy the carbonite is gone.
I'm movin' on.
I'm so happy that it's over now.
The pain is gone.

THEY KNEW FROM THE VERY BEGINNING
>>
>>78321213
Wow, people are autistic ... why do I always forget that?

>no movie had ever made more than 87 million opening weekend in December
1) It's fucking Star Wars
2) "It had never happened" is sort of the definition of breaking records.
>the weather will put people off
More autism. First off, this is probably the warmest December I can remember (source: anecdotal). Plus, is there really any evidence that weather -- barring actual disasters like blizzards and hurricanes -- stops people from seeing a movie in a significant manner? Maybe from repeat viewings, but I don't see it having a big effect on OW.
>people are buying stuff for the holidays
Yeah, so they're already at the mall and want a three hour break.

This was the most obvious record breaker ever. Jurassic World was a legit surprise, but this (like Avengers before it) was always going to crush the record.

I can't wait for next year when people will actually think that BvS can touch this. And then when it falls short, shitposters will claim that it's a failure for only coming in 2nd place. It's gonna be a rough time on /co/
>>
File: Sisko_overwhelmed_indiscretion.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sisko_overwhelmed_indiscretion.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>78321230
The Sisko would just shove a phaser up the alien's ass and hold down the trigger until the power cell is depleted.
>>
TFA soundtrack is actually pretty good, but they used it badly in the movie

it wasn't loud enough
>>
>>78321288
idk about an in-joke, but it featured flags from both Rebels and TCW (and the 501st) at Moz's place
>>
>>78320341

KOTOR had blue for Jedi guardians, who specialized in being good with a lightsaber, green for Jedi consulars, who specialized in diplomacy and connecting to the Force, and yellow for Jedi sentinels, who honed their skills outside of Force ability and lightsaber combat in order to be more well-rounded and adaptable to situations.

In the Disney canon, I think Dave Filoni said in an interview that kyber crystals gain their color when the person making the lightsaber attunes themselves to it during the creation process. For Jedi, this usually results in blue or green. A dark sider creating a lightsaber will generally end up with a red crystal as a result of this attunement.

Ahsoka, in Rebels, has made new lightsabers, but is no longer a Jedi and lost her faith in the order a long time ago. Her lack of affiliation has resulted in white lightsabers, possibly hinting at some measure of susceptibility to the dark side, or least indicating that she has strayed a fair distance off the path of the Jedi.
>>
File: FandRey.jpg (84KB, 277x810px) Image search: [Google]
FandRey.jpg
84KB, 277x810px
>>78321191
There's some legit adorable shit coming out of this.
>>
>>78321328
Do you think that's her hobby? Collecting flags from different eras?
>>
>>78321191
where is my kylo x phasma

they are both big baby losers
>>
>>78321321
Yeah, I don't remember most of it, honestly.
>>
>>78316429
Poe is Leia (gives something vital to their droid(s) and has them flee, gets captured and freed by a hero in Stormtrooper armor)

Rey is Luke and Finn is Han.
>>
File: BFFs.png (474KB, 540x520px) Image search: [Google]
BFFs.png
474KB, 540x520px
>>78321330
You think that's adorable...
>>
>>78321120
Think it can beat Avatar and hit $800mil domestic?
>>
>>78321355
Kylo, Rey and the Resistance/Poe are the only one who get themes, and they don't use them enough
>>
>>78321330

Finn's forehead is way too big there.
>>
>>78321383
Do Poe and Rey ever interact in TFA? I can't remember if they did?
>>
>>78321383
I wish there were more broship moments betwen Finn and Poe.
>>
>>78321415
No
>>
File: finnreypoe.jpg (694KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
finnreypoe.jpg
694KB, 1000x1000px
>>78321383

tfw ot3

didn't expect it
>>
>>78321386
I don't know. Ride Along 2 is right over the horizon...
>>
File: Kurisu.png (141KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Kurisu.png
141KB, 500x500px
>>78321383
>three way hand holding
WHAT ARE YOU DOING NIGGA
>>
>>78321454
Finn seems peeved to even be there.
>>
>>78321415

No, apparently they have a little moment in the novelization

>>78321432

I'm so pumped for Episode 8, gotta be those 2 on a road trip while Rey trains
>>
>>78321493
Do you know what you look like when you're asleep
>>
>>78321483
MODERN DAY SODOM, BABY!

GUESS WHAT? THOSE FINGERS ARE
INTERLOCKED
N
T
E
R
L
O
C
K
E
D
>>
>>78321539
Don't they realize they will all get pregnant and die that way?
>>
So after watching it again and seeing that fight in the snow and all the sizzling I want to see a saber fight in a downpour.
>>
>>78321493
>my arm's asleep
>Rey's hair is in my mouth
>i wish i could turn out that light
>Poe smells funny
>i wish i was on the Star Killer cleaning toilets
>>
File: Teaser2012.jpg (129KB, 1598x666px) Image search: [Google]
Teaser2012.jpg
129KB, 1598x666px
>>78321539
>>
File: zorba.jpg (71KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
zorba.jpg
71KB, 350x350px
>>78321191
>people shipping Phasma with Kylo rather than Hux
>>
>>78317589
1. More Poe. Have him interacting with Rey, Han, Chewie more.
2. Don't reveal smoke is a hologram until we find out the base is about to blow.
3. More Phasma. 3 minutes wasn't good enough.
4. Take Darth's helmet out of the trailer. Have Kylo refer to him as "grandfather" before we find out he's Han's son so we can spend a few minutes pondering if he's Luke's son or Leia's son.
5. Leia and Chewie grieving together atter you know what happens.
>>
>>78321289
seeing him actually give a shit about his performance was something to be treasured.
>>
>>78315723
>Calls out to Rey
>Tells Kylo to take a fucking hike and ignores him
Old Blue knows what's up
>>
File: 1406933044186.jpg (166KB, 1440x807px) Image search: [Google]
1406933044186.jpg
166KB, 1440x807px
>>78321539
DELETE THIS
>>
>>78321493
Have you ever slept between two people, it gets uncomfortable very easily.
>>
File: 1353654232274.jpg (125KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1353654232274.jpg
125KB, 720x540px
>>78321539
>>
So the starkiller base kills the sun the planet is orbiting. So how in the fuck aren't they killed shortly after?
>>
>>78321631
>Phasma with Kylo
I'm guessing Kylo is the woman in that relationship? He better be.
>>
>>78316311
Get the narrator for The Force Awakens/Lords of the Sith to do it. I could listen to that man's voice all day.
>>
File: 44.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
44.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>78321697
It just doesn't want to commit any more massacres is all
>>
>>78321631
It should be either Hux with Phasma or Hux with Kylo for hilarious bickering
>>
>>78321809
How about Phasma/Kylo/Hux?
>>
>>78321767
It slowly drains the sun
>>
>>78321191
No, stop pushing your shitty PC agenda, Disney. They did the same thing in the Leia comic where they had to shove their pro-racemixing agenda into it for no reason.
>>
>>78321856
Nah, Warboy trooper/Phasma/Hux

Kylo's going to cry in his room that nobody loves him apart from the dark side
>>
>>78321885
relax, bro.
Finn got friendzoned.

Granted, you'll probably Reee over the bromance, but we can't have everything.
>>
>>78321697

Why is Anakin's lightsaber now the Elder Wand?

Like, seriously, there's no reason for this. Once it left Anakin's possession, it did exactly six things, going only by the movies:

1) Reflect blaster bolts from a remote
2) Chop off a wampa's arm
3) Cut open a tauntaun's stomach
4) Cut open an AT-AT's stomach
5) Get taken into a Force vision
6) Lose to Darth Vader

It is not an impressive weapon, nor a weapon of great power. It was wielded by an impressive warrior of great power once, long ago, but the weapon doesn't seem to be imbued with any special destiny.
>>
>>78321809

Hux/Phasma, Kylo is 2hardcore4romance
>>
>>78318331
>I will finish what you started.
?
>>
>>78321938
Kylo doesn't want to lose his r9k creed.
>>
>>78321924
The funny part is that they're treating it more as Luke's saber than Anakin's.
>>
>>78321949
Have you felt it?
>>
>>78318004
It really wasn't though. In fact there's already websites with their "things left unexplained in the movie" that get answered in Aftermath, Lost Stars and the Visual guidebook.

I just feel this movie did not really do a good job of establishing the galaxy in this era. By the time the Phantom Menace and A New Hope ends you know how the galaxy works in their respective eras. In TFA you don't get that at all.
>>
>>78322091
So? That doesn't detract from the film.
>>
>>78321990
>"Oh. Uh... who are you?"
>"I'm Rey, I've come to bring you your lightsaber"
>"No, it's cool, I've had another one for like 30 years. I don't need that one anymore."
>"Then... does that mean I can-"
>"Keep it? Sure, if you're okay with having a weapon that killed children. You get any Force visions about that when you hold it? I didn't at first but they'll get to you."
>>
>>78322091
And suddenly I'm wonder what the general reaction to ANH would've been had 4chan been a thing back then.
>>
>>78322117
Not him, but it kind of does. You're not given any reason to care about the state of the galaxy or why the Resistance and First Order are fighting and the big Hosnian massacre lacks context.
>>
>>78322091
>"things left unexplained in the movie" that get answered in Aftermath, Lost Stars and the Visual guidebook.
This really grinds my gears. But I hope Episode 8 will deal with some of these.
>>
>>78318331
>Just let it in.
>>
>>78318331
Uhh, you just have bad memory.

"
"There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?"

"Traitor!"

"The droid... stole a freighter?"

"Don't worry, we'll use The Force!"
"That's not how The Force works!"

"Chewie, we're home."

Rey:You will remove these restraints and leave this cell with the door open.
Stormtrooper: What did you say?
Rey: You will remove these restraints and leave this cell with the door open.
Stormtrooper: I will tighten these restraints, scavenger scum!
Rey: You will remove these restraints and leave this cell with the door open.
Stormtrooper: [Suddenly influenced by the Force] I will remove these restraints and leave this cell with the door open.
Rey: You will drop your weapon.
Stormtrooper: I will drop my weapon.

Finn: What should we do with her?
Han Solo: Is there a garage chute... or trash compactor?

Rey: This is the ship that made the Kessel Run in fourteen parsecs?
Han Solo: TWELVE!
Han Solo: [mumbles in irritation] Fourteen...

"Escape now; hug later."

"Forgive me. I feel it again... the call from light. Supreme Leader senses it. Show me again the power of the darkness, and I'll let nothing stand in our way. Show me, grandfather, and I will finish what you started."

Poe Dameron: Why are you helping me?
Finn: Because it's the right thing to do.
Poe Dameron: ...You need a pilot.
Finn: I need a pilot.

Finn: Han Solo, the Rebellion General?
Rey: No! The smuggler!

"Today is the end of the Republic. The end of a regime that acquiesces to disorder. At this very moment in a system far from here, the New Republic lies to the galaxy while secretly supporting the treachery of the rogues of the Resistance. This fierce machine which you have built, upon which we stand will bring an end to the Senate, to their cherished fleet. All remaining systems will bow to the First Order and will remember this as the last day of the Republic!"
>>
>>78322151
You know Luke is just going to sell it on Holobay. This is Luke's scam:
1. Disappear for a few years
2. Sell his stuff as "Rare Luke Skywalker possessions in mint condition!" and make a small fortune
3. Items tend to get bought by Skywalker fanboys who think "oh wow, I have Luke's old Tatooine shoes, I'll return them to him because it's the right thing to do"
4. Plant "secret map" to find him in various places
5. Have buyer show up on his rock island and go "Oh Great Luke Skywalker, I've at last found you, I've come to return this scale Skyhopper model to its rightful owner"
6. Thank them and let them depart
7. Relist item on Holobay and repeat
>>
>>78321631
Didn't really consider Phasma x Hux but it has potential

>cute height difference
>clashing approaches to warfare according to the guidebook
>opposite demeanors

Yeah I can get behind this though it mostly has potential for hatefucking
>>
>>78322174
They don't even say "Hosnian" in the movie. But they said "New Republic worlds" or something and I thought it was most definitely not Coruscant.
>>
>>78322316
You just know Hux is a sub in the bedroom. He likes to throw his authority around but he secretly longs to be dominated by a bigger woman.
>>
>>78322325
>They don't even say "Hosnian" in the movie
They do, though. They mention the "Hosnian System" getting wiped out.
>>
>>78322325
They do fucking say Hosnian in the movie, or "Hosnian System" to be more specific. That's how anyone that saw the nucanon galaxy map knew that Hosnian Prime was the target and not Coruscant.
>>
>>78322343
That's why this appeals to me
>>
>>78322266
You're a bit mistaken in one of them; the riot trooper was clearly shouting out his own service number (TR8 T0R).
He must have been a good soldier, because his death incensed Kylo enough to yell his name as a battlecry.
>>
>>78322325
Poe says it
>>
>>78322269
>Snoke fell for the scam early on, and the new trilogy is him trying to get his money back
>>
>>78322117

Yeah it does.

It's completely unclear what kind of control the First Order has over the galaxy. Are they small? Are they huge? We don't know. The Republic seems to be ignoring them, but they're also backing the Resistance to fight them. Why? How are they not a big enough problem to fight with, but a big enough problem that you can bankroll an independent military to fight them instead?

If the First Order is small, their opposition isn't even much of a Resistance, since the term "Resistance" implies rebelling against more powerful opponents. If the First Order is big enough to justify a Resistance, why doesn't the Republic give a shit?

On the subject of the Republic and the giving of shits: why do we give a shit about the destruction of the Hosnian system? We've never heard of it before. The Republic is mentioned once in the opening crawl and then never mentioned again until Hux's speech. We never see them do anything. At least with Alderaan it was where Leia was trying to go and it's where Luke and Obi-Wan are trying to go before it gets destroyed, AND it's Leia's home planet. We have a reason to care about Alderaan's destruction, but the destruction of the Hosnian system is just a whole bunch of people we've never heard of before right now.

They don't even say the name of the system getting blown up until AFTER it's already gone. Once it's gone, nobody seems to react other than agreeing that was a Bad Thing (tm) and moving on to how to blow up Starkiller Base before it fires again.
>>
>>78322368
>>78322375
>>78322405
They did, huh. Must've missed it.
>>
>>78318110
>https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/678618265858387968
Well that's a relief
>>
>>78322443
It's easy to miss it since IIRC it's mentioned exactly once and they don't really dwell on it much. Hell, nobody in the movie seems all that bothered by what happened, considering billions and billions of people were just killed and the Republic's government has been dealt a serious blow. They act as if the First Order just blew up a building or something.
>>
File: eddyisnotpleased.jpg (22KB, 444x322px) Image search: [Google]
eddyisnotpleased.jpg
22KB, 444x322px
>>78322527

Oh good, here I thought we might have actually been getting a glimpse of an important moment in Kylo Ren's history, but he was just killing some random nobody that we have no reason to care about.

What a relief to know there's nothing in the mystery box to begin with so I might as well not even think about opening it at all.
>>
>>78322538
I think they mostly went "Fuck, they blowed the Capital! Oh shit they're going to shoot us now! Kill the fuckers, we can mourn the New Republic if we made it!"
>>
>>78322610

Yeah, but you'd think it might sober people up and give us a few quip-less scenes that were at least pretending to be serious.
>>
>>78322600
Honestly I thought that dude was another Knight of Ren and I thought Kylo had just gone nuts
>>
>>78322637
Yeah, would have been nice
>>
>>78322640
I'm assuming Kylo sabered him to stop him killing Rey.
>>
>>78322637
Better solution: remove the Starkiller from the movie altogether and focus on the search for Luke plot
>>
>yfw Rey and Hux are siblings and the children of Luke
>>
>>78322795

But that would take EFFORT and ORIGINALITY and AMBITION

This is Abrams we're talking about
>>
>>78322538
Yeah, the First Order just destroyed a planet and four moons and it was beautiful but everything continued like nothing happened. Was weird.
Come to think of it when the hype dies down I could see TFA receiving its share of bashing. The movie works magnificently with Finn, Rey, BB-8, Han Solo, Poe and Kylo, Snoke and Hux drama but for some reason they threw New Republic, Resistance and Death Star 3 into the s and mix. Make the final showdown happen on an Executor class SSD and the movie will lose nothing.
>>
>>78322600
Who is to say it isn't critically important? Just because it isn't a Jedi he's killing doesn't mean it's not someone else he perhaps should not be killing. Production names don't mean much and are usually just placeholder. It's safe to assume we'll be getting more detail and a better look at these events in the future, so hold your horses.
>>
>>78322941
>heroes secretly board a Star Destroyer to recover pieces of the Map to Skywalker that Kylo has already collected
>Poe and the fighters show up to keep FO forces busy while heroes escape
>>
>>78322941
I like what we got, it's big and exciting and fun and the movie is great overall, but if they had ditched the Starkiller plot and instead made it about the Resistance having to go aid the New Republic in an actual space and ground battle at the capital I think it would have worked a lot better. Have the main heroes on board Ren's ship the Finalizer trying to rescue Rey and turn the tide while Poe and the Resistance and Republic fight against the First Order in a huge fleet battle around them.
>>
>“Early on I tried to write versions of the story where [Rey] is at home, her home is destroyed, and then she goes on the road and meets Luke. And then she goes and kicks the bad guy’s ass,” Arndt said. “It just never worked and I struggled with this. This was back in 2012.”

>The trouble was a simple case of upstaging. “It just felt like every time Luke came in and entered the movie, he just took it over,” Arndt said. “Suddenly you didn’t care about your main character anymore because, ‘Oh f–k, Luke Skywalker’s here. I want to see what he’s going to do.’”

So this is what Arndt was working on
>>
>>78323146

Yeah, see, that would have been actually clever and original and interesting.

Which is of course why Abrams didn't do it.
>>
>>78323205
Hmm. I can see why that would've been a problem.
>>
>>78323629
>>78323629
>>78323629

New Thread
>>
>>78318331
>"Did you just call me Solo?
>>
>>78315486
>>78315709
>>78315783
I can only hope you're intentionally being retarded.

Hitler was a hero to his people, ERGO heroes on both sides of the conflict.
>>
REMINDER

Phasma has the imperial accent

Rey has the Imperial accent

Phasma is old enough to be Rey's mother...especially since Rey is probably supposed to be younger than Ridley.
>>
>>78324116
And yes I know that's not how accents work, but whatever. Maybe she could remember her mom talking or something, her accent makes no sense either way.
Thread posts: 571
Thread images: 82

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.