[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Demon knights was an underated series and it sucks that its gone.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (662KB, 719x486px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
662KB, 719x486px
Demon knights was an underated series and it sucks that its gone. Are there any similar series around? Or did they ever do anything else with the best version of shining knight?
>>
>>78295440
Ystin got introduced in Seven Soldiers and I'm pretty sure that's her only other appearance
>>
All Star Western was similar
>>
>>78295512
>her
>>
>>78295440
Would have been better if Etrigan spoke exclusively in rhyme.
>>
>>78295440
Mein nigga, seconding. I want to see more stuff with vandal savage, anybody got recommended reading for him?
>>
>>78295512
>That was fun, now where's more Zatanna?
>That was fun, now where's more Frankenstein?
>That was fun, now where's more Shining Knight?
>That was fun, now where's more Klarion?
The worst part about reading Morrison's Seven Soldiers. Yes I read Kindt's Frankenstein and yes I liked it.
>>
>>78295440
It was good but kind of went downhill when Vendetti took over.
>>
>>78297312
This is pretty much the only time Vandal has even been shown in a semi-heroic light, or at the very least, in a protagonist role as opposed to the big bad that other heroes fight.

If you want more swords 'n sorcery shit with a wacky group of adventurers, I HIGHLY recommend John Rogers' Dungeons and Dragons series.

Within DC, the Willingham Shadowpact series is pretty fun and has some similar character dynamics and magical shenanigans.
>>
>>78298519
That's like every Morrison run though
>>
>>78300685
>Final Crisis obviously building up to a reboot or otherwise wide-ranging changes to the DC Universe
>editorial decides to not pull through with a reboot regardless
>jumps it on the writers and editors three years later anyways
>>
File: 1369412990986.png (303KB, 295x469px) Image search: [Google]
1369412990986.png
303KB, 295x469px
>Tons of women, disabled people, muslims and gender queer, only main character who was a normal white straight dude spent most of his time as a demon
Demon Knights is one of the most diverse series in the last few years, why didnt the Tumblrfucks do something useful for once and save it?
>>
Al Jabr should have been Ra's.

He fucking should have been.
>>
File: 1432572130041.jpg (48KB, 561x466px) Image search: [Google]
1432572130041.jpg
48KB, 561x466px
>>78301038

You and I both know the answer to this.
>>
>>78301038
It came too early and this is DC. When DC tries to be diverse, it's fake.
>>
>>78301038

Same reason why Vibe was killed after only 10 issues and Earth 2 only gets praised for having a black Superman and not the huge global coalition of characters that Robinson built originally.

These people don't fucking read comics, just news blurbs and cropped panels that get reblogged on tumblr.
>>
>>78301038
It's really infuriating that they only support the worst books instead of the genuinely good ones.
>>
>>78301038
Because it wasn't Marvel.

Because they didn't have a movie.

Because most tumblrinas don't read comics other than the panels than the ones that do post in tumblr.

Because there weren't enough cute white guys for them to slash.

Take your pick
>>
>>78301038
Ystin was a very unique character, possibly trans or hermaphrodite (did they ever say?) But he viewed himself as a man.

He wasn't cis that's for sure and probably the only developed non cis character in superhero comics that doesn't play sidekick or supporting character to the hero.

But I think also it's because Ystin wasn't a transwoman, tumblr only cares about transwomen.
>>
>>78301232

I kind of appreciate that the comic never went into huge detail over it and how literally "male" she is supposed to be. She considers herself male, and can certainly hold her own against other men, so that's that.
>>
>>78297269
Seven soldiers shining knight very much identified as a girl. Demon knights ystin is the gross tranny.
>>
>Demon knights was an overrated series and it's Ystin was the worst version of shining knight.
Fucking fight me you nerds.
>>
>>78301416
You're welcome to your opinion but I disagree with you.
>>
>>78301232
I always got the impression he was Ftm trans for sure. I had always figured the line about being both genders author not having a clear enough idea on trans stuff or the charcter not having modern ideas on gender identity. As they woudnt
>>
It genuinely surprised me how much I enjoyed this considering I very much disliked Cornell's Captain Britain.
>>
I dropped Demon Knights after the first writer change, how was the rest of the run?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.