[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Surprise Moral Orel thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: moralorel.png (202KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
moralorel.png
202KB, 500x376px
>Surprise Moral Orel thread.
>>
>>78289499
>>78289499
CLay did nithing wrogn
>>
File: orelangry.jpg (6KB, 244x185px) Image search: [Google]
orelangry.jpg
6KB, 244x185px
>>78289615
u w0t m8?
>>
Canceled for a reason.
>>
>>78289703
It was the most disturbing cartoon I'd ever seen.
>>
Clay's monologue is still my favorite moment in any cartoon ever. So powerful.
>>
>>78289499
Pretty solid show. I did ultimately feel bad for
clay.
>>
>>78289691
Only sissies think he did anything wrong
>>
>>78289499
Marathoned it a week ago after I saw some praise about it on /co/
>First season was alright, bible bashing by the numbers show, finale final seconds were really powerful
>Second season, a little bit into fucked up territory, occasionally more powerful moments
>Third season...Fuck.

This show really did stop in it's prime. Shame about the cop-out ending though.
>>
>>78293418
What do you mean cop out ending? I liked the fact that orel could move past his terrible family and have a good family of his own. Shame for clay, he just wanted validation.
>>
>>78293418
It stopped because the show was cancelled after the season 2 finale and the show was granted one final season. But you're right, Moral Orel should really be given a 4th season, especially since the show is becoming more popular.
>>
need to watch this show sooner or later. AS is airing the first and last episode at 4am on Tuesday. guess that would be confusing to somehow who has never seen the 3rd season, right?
>>
>>78294123
>the show was cancelled after the season 2 finale
No, it was cancelled after "Alone" was screened for execs. The "Moral Orel: the final season" title card was added in post-production.
>>
>>78289703
cancelled because the adult swim ceo fucking hated it, not for a good reason
>>
>>78294123
if dino has the rights he could and should kickstart it
>>
>>78296712
Adult Swim, themselves, could and should Kickstart it.
>>
>>78298070

this desu senpai
>>
the only nice people in moralton seem to be the goth chick, orel and the reverend which is funny
>>
File: 1429239293130.png (229KB, 292x355px) Image search: [Google]
1429239293130.png
229KB, 292x355px
>mfw Bartholomew
>>
>>78289703

A pussy-ass reason.
>>
So do you think that Orel and Christina waited until they were married or just asked God if he objected?
>>
>>78289499
Will Dino deliver us another special someday?
>>
>>78289499
>tfw incredibly shameful boner when Morel impregnated the town with a pastry bag
>>
>>78289703
Adult Swim cancel most of the good stuff though. We lost Metalocalypse as well.
>>
>>78289615
Clay is probably the worst cartoon character I've seen.
There is no point in his life where he wasn't a shit
>>
File: sad vincent.jpg (212KB, 1256x1611px) Image search: [Google]
sad vincent.jpg
212KB, 1256x1611px
>>78300276
>when Orel dies, Bartholomew is there
>>
The camping trip plus Bloberta's time at home is probably the most soulwrenching cartoon I've ever seen.
The ending to the combo episode with the Mountain Goats song playing while Clay and Bloberta lying next to each other in total pain is just horrible
>>
>>78309474
He was almost normal until he met Bloberta, she showed him alcohol and ruined him for good.
>>
>>78309709
Just like Bloberta said, he doesn't change when he drinks, he just shows his true nature.
He was a horrible fucking kid and he's a horrible fucking adult.
The middle years may have seemed nice but it all came down in the end
>>
>>78309792
You're right but his life still wouldn't have been quite as bad without alcohol.
>>
>>78309792
>he doesn't change when he drinks, he just shows his true nature.

I'd take anything she says with a grain of salt.
>>
>>78309871
Story of my life too, desu
>>
>>78309792
Sure, but on the other hand when he drinks it means that everyone around him suffers as well - and he fucking knows that but he drinks anyway because he hates everyone else as much as he hates himself. Now, you can argue about whether being more-or-less shanghaied into marriage had something to do with that but as it stands Clay is a piece of shit.
>>
On a rewatch I realized that Clay is asexual, or at least, hates sex.

During the hunting episode, he analogizes drinking with sex.
He screams at the bottle "Why don't you work on me anymore?"
Then he makes a sexual analogy to drinking (pull in, pull out).

He hates sex. He hates himself. He hates drinking.

But he must continue doing all of these things, or at least once he did.

Bloberta is obviously sexually frustrated, her love of increasingly powerful dildos says as much.

Clay killed his mother. He began to hate sex. He was a bachelor for a long time until Bloberta seduced him.
He began drinking. He fucked her (almost certainly while drunk). Begat Orel.

His whole life after was full of repression and hate. Hate of his own sexuality.

That's why he ended up fucking Censordoll. It's all Oedipal. He hates himself for killing his mother. He hates his own sexuality. Censordoll was his way to combine the two into recover and forgiveness.

It all makes sense.

Clay is Bad End Orel. Instead of learning and growing, he becomes twisted deeper and deeper. Sex is bad. Honour your mother and father.
>>
File: 1446837430844.jpg (135KB, 1000x783px) Image search: [Google]
1446837430844.jpg
135KB, 1000x783px
>>78309504
That shit wrecked me
>>
File: 1446235638379.jpg (81KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
1446235638379.jpg
81KB, 500x738px
>>78310123
Damn. Pretty good analyzing
>>
>>78291673
Nature or Sacrifice?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.