[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This Apocalypse actually looks really well conceived honestly.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 20

File: sfNxwiY.jpg (187KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
sfNxwiY.jpg
187KB, 1080x1350px
This Apocalypse actually looks really well conceived honestly. This take already seems better than most of the other iterations I've seen. Portraying Apocalypse as a calm fatherly figure who interacts with everyone he meets as if they are his children is a brilliant take on the character. It's a perfect counter point to Xavier, who carries himself in the same way. This take on Apocalypse, being more like an ancient Wizard or High Priest honestly fits the concept of the character much better than him being a massive Hulk Decepticon kind of figure.

This is what I love about the X-Men. The concept creates these stories about visionaries and spiritual leaders who are all fighting to usher in a new age for their people in different ways. The X-Men are always fighting for the future, not just to protect and maintain the present.
>>
Did you get you nickel from Fox yet for that post?
>>
Oscar Isaac is a meme
>>
File: 600px-Apocalypse_vasnetsov.jpg (78KB, 600x314px) Image search: [Google]
600px-Apocalypse_vasnetsov.jpg
78KB, 600x314px
Bonus points for using what is my opinion the best artistic expression of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse ever painted.

It was done by Viktor Vasnetsov if you haven't heard of him. He's a Russian painter that made some beautiful Biblical and mythological art work, if you're into that sort of thing
>>
File: downloadfile.jpg (94KB, 680x478px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile.jpg
94KB, 680x478px
>>78276065
Damn man, can't I get a little hyped about something without being a shill? It's not like I don't have my issues with the movie. I deeply DEEPLY dislike JLaws Mystique, and this movie is pushing her to even greater prominence, taking the starring leadership role that should be for Cyclops. I even liked the previous version of Mystique. It wasn't perfect, but her as this smirking snake woman and her added agility and strength made for a good henchwoman for Magneto. Shoving her into a main character role was a massive mistake. I know full well she'll bring the movie down a few notches for me.

All I'm saying is that this particular version of Apocalypse looks to be everything that the previous versions wanted to be but never knew how to execute properly
>>
>>78276239

Cyclops is a teenager in this universe. So is Storm. This isn't 616. Mystique makes complete sense as a leader in this universe.
>>
>>78276333
>Cyclops is a teenager in this universe. So is Storm. This isn't 616

You just spoke several facts.
Mystique Lawrence still sucks
>>
>You don't NEED to control your power
>Cut to Jean

L O L
>>
>>78276333
What it looks like to me is it will start with the First Class team getting back together for one final fight, with the teen X-Men in a supporting role, and I'm guessing will end with the First Class team being scattered and the new X-Men stepping up to the plate.

In any case, I just want to see Mystique return to villainy. She doesn't work as a hero
>>
>>78276354
Obviously it's going to take Phoenix to defeat Apocalypse. That's really the only way this story will make sense. It's going to take one God like power to destroy another God like power
>>
>>78276407
And will negate the need for X3 to happen
>>
>>78276348

JLaw is still a much better actress than say Scarlett Johanson or Gal Gadot. For some reason she is a major trigger for both /co/ and /tv/ though.
>>
>>78276533
>JLaw is still a much better actress than say Scarlett Johanson or Gal Gadot

Who said anything about them?
>>
Trailer was shit.

After 1 week:

>Bvs
50 million view's

>Ss
52 million view's

>X-men
27 million view's

>Captain
36 million view's

>Deadpool
27 million view's
>>
>>78276134
Yes, i am.
Thank you based anon.
>>
>>78276570
The fact that the X-Men movies are more low key and unburdened with high expectations is part of what makes them cool.
>>
>>78276552

I brought them up because everyone whines about Lawrence but all the worse actresses in DCU and MCU get a free pass. Lawrence is a trigger. The hate for her is completely irrational.
>>
>>78276605
I'm talking about Singer's X-Men here.
And she's really bad in them
>>
>>78276598
If you like him, you should also check out Eugene Delacroix. He was an earlier painter who had a similar interest in mythological themes
>>
>>78276533
That's because her fappening set were disappointing.
>>
File: Israeli+Women+Army+Soldiers+(3).jpg (81KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
Israeli+Women+Army+Soldiers+(3).jpg
81KB, 700x525px
>>78276605
I like her in general. I even like the Hunger Games somewhat. I just don't like her as Mystique. Scarlett is a good actress, but I also feel like her Black Widow is absolute trash. One of the worst versions of Black Widow in my opinion. As far as Gadot, I actually really liked her in Fast and Furious 6, and I have a weakness for Jewish women in general. I love that they're basing Wonder Woman on the women of the IDF. I'm allowing myself some hope in this take on Wonder Woman.
>>
>>78276756
>and I have a weakness for Jewish women in general
mein schlemiel
>>
>>78276604

He's trolling. BvS has been out 2 weeks and has 18.7 million views.
>>
>>78276645
Mystique just doesn't work as the naive love triangle girl they're trying to make her into. I get what they wanted her to be, the battleground for the ideologies of Xavier and Magneto to take shape, but she really shines more as a stoic supporting character
>>
>>78276797
It would also help if Lawrence would go through the same make up that Romijn, Cummings, and that new kid go through.
>>
>>78276786
I don't really care about which one is most popular or makes the most money anyway. I just think the X-Men movies are kind of a unique take on the whole concept. I like how much prominence Xavier is given as a character, where he is often marginalized or even outright forgotten. The crazy, convoluted continuity also gives the whole universe this aspect that no other comic book movies have, which I really like.

This Xavier's whole life is just cool as hell to me. He worked with the CIA and fought secret societies in the 60s, spiraled into pseudo heroin addiction and altered the course of history when he communicated with his own consciousness in the future in the 70's, and finally in the 80's forms a secret paramilitary force of mutants to combat the mutant Antichrist. He's lived a hell of a life in these 3 movies.
>>
>>78276815
That makeup really only works if Mystique is a stoic, mysterious woman at Magnetos side. What I loved about the Romijn version was that she was the silent, intimidating enforcer of the Brotherhood like Boba Fett
>>
>>78276979

Everyone used to bitch that the Romijn Mystique wasn't like the comic book Mystique. Now everyone bitches that Lawrence Mystique is not like Romijn Mystique. No one will ever be happy.
>>
>>78276134
Unf unf.

What this also tells us is that there probably won't be a Pestilence, as there is no Pestilence in that image - or in the Bible. We're probably getting Magneto as war (because he's always wanted a war with mankind), Storm as Famine (weather manipulation is pretty great for causing droughts and famines), Angel as Death, and Psylocke as Conquest (she literally mind-controls people).

I'm pretty hype.
>>
>>78277032
No, there will never be a time that a work of artistic expression makes everyone happy. It's not even supposed to work like that. I like the street Mom, collector of disparate run aways and trouble maker mutants for the purpose of shaping them into a mutant criminal family version of Mystique a lot too, but in the context of the movies, she just needed to be Magnetos trusted bodyguard and assassin. The silent evil snake woman version worked really well in that context.
>>
>>78276756
>I love that they're basing Wonder Woman on the women of the IDF.

You love that they're basing Wonder Woman on a group largely made up of nationalistic racists with imperialistic ideologies based on the tenuously historical borders of an ancient nation?
>>
>>78277074
You most likely called it right there, but I could see Magneto as Conquest and Psylocke as War. Magneto as Conquest, as that is ultimately what he always desired for the mutant race and Conquest is described as a King or dominating leader figure as Magneto tends to fancy himself, and Psylocke as War for no real reason other than War is described as wielding a sword
>>
>>78277149
Yes I do, because that's a really poignant parallel with the Amazons. It's actually perfect, as that's exactly how the Amazons act as a nation. It really ties in with the whole American mythology thing that Snyder is going for
>>
>>78277189
Hmm, that's also pretty good reasoning.

Also in support of it, possibly (but unlikely, this may be 2deep4 general audiences), is the fact that Conquest is sometimes interpreted as a savior figure, or even Jesus Christ himself. This would fit Magneto's self-image as the messiah and deliverer of mutantkind pretty well.
>>
>>78277189
Also, Magneto's helmet is sort of crown like, and Conquest is described as wearing a golden crown and carrying a golden bow
>>
>>78276605

I think JLaw is a damn good actress most of the time and I genuienly liked her in First Class, even if her characterization in that movie didn't go beyond Team Bicycle.

She was flat as week-old soda in DoFP, and it wasn't the material's fault. She had all the work there on the page to give a conflicted, nuanced performance of someone who's torn between two world and the two men in her life but ultimately decides to forge her own path. She didn't give off any of that in Days, it's clear Fox had her under contract and forced her into a lead role she didn't want because she's one of the biggest movie stars in the world at this point.

Female characters have never been the Fox-Men's strongest suits, but the issues with Raven in DOFP were on JLaw. She felt like a little kid throwing a tempter-tantrum that she was doing something she didn't want to do.
>>
File: 1.jpg (27KB, 716x401px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
27KB, 716x401px
>>78276786
>>78277149

>All this Foxbot shilling
>>
>>78277233
...The Amazons are isolationists that haven't conquered anyone in like three thousand years. They definitely aren't imperialists with dreams of resurrecting an ancient regime.
>>
File: ivanoozemmprmovie03.jpg (43KB, 600x415px) Image search: [Google]
ivanoozemmprmovie03.jpg
43KB, 600x415px
Why isn't he purple anymore?
>>
>>78277249
That's very true. That actually has swung me completely in thinking Magneto works best as Conquest. He has the whole, "King that was promised" thing about his character. That, and the fact that Magneto is a Jew makes him fit into the role perfectly
>>
>>78277289
Nah, I'm just genuinely concerned with the idea that you'd ever want Wonder Woman based on a bunch of imperialist thugs.

I'd love a great WW movie. Possibly more than I'd love a great Superman movie, since it'd be a bigger surprise.

People can have concerns without being on some nebulous enemy side. I suggest you go find a company wars thread to post in, since that's clearly all you're interested in. One should be easy to find - just look for any thread with a MoS picture as the OP image.
>>
>>78277325
He was never purple
>>
>>78277296
The ancient Amazons of classical antiquity were brutal conquerors. Their warlike nature is a definitive aspect of the Amazons. They've moved past that Era and in modern times are isolationists, but it's still an important part of Amazonian history.
>>
>>78276786

You do know that the BvS trailer got released on the warner brothers and the Jimmy Kimmel youtube pages separately right?
>>
File: ap.jpg (139KB, 612x459px) Image search: [Google]
ap.jpg
139KB, 612x459px
>>78277325
They explained this in one of the commentaries. Apocalypse was never going to be purple, but the blue-gray suit wouldn't greenscreen properly when they tested it, so they made his on-set costume purple, knowing that they'd be tinting it back to gray-blue for the completed scenes.

It sounds crazy, but there is a method to it.
>>
>>78277375
Ah, you're talking about the IRL people the DC Amazons are kinda based on.

That may be true, I guess, depends how they decide to go with the origin of the Amazons in WW's movie. Either way, even if her society turns out to be backward and violent like in Azz's run, I don't think the average woman of the IDF is a good reference for Wonder Woman, whose most prominent trait is her compassion for all beings.
>>
>>78277352
Nobody is defending the Zionist government of Israel, but I still fully support the sovereignty of Israel and the right of the people of Israel to their homeland. Captain America doesn't represent the corrupt government of America or its imperialistic methodology, and Wonder Woman won't represent the corrupt Zionism of the Israeli government.
>>
>>78277396

Man Munn looks so out of place in that pic
>>
>>78277396
Purple is a great color for the costume honestly. Purple is the color of Kings
>>
>>78277352
>imperialist thugs

When was the last time the Israeli's started a war of conquest? When the was the last time they started a war in general?
>>
How can you go wrong with the writers of Superman Returns?
>>
>>78276065
>>78276084
Its sad how quickly people jump to these irrational conclusions rather than even remotely entertaining the idea.
>>78276570
>Views = good
>Hype = good

ok
>>
File: 1.jpg (21KB, 435x186px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
21KB, 435x186px
>>78277325
GOGO POWER RANGERS
>>
>>78277438
I think the most important aspect of Wonder Woman as a character are Truth, as in she is true and clear minded in every action she takes, never duplicitous or disingenuous, and wisdom. She needs to come across as older and wiser than the other heroes, almost an Aunt like figure in the Justice League. She has compassion, but she isn't a bleeding heart type. She'll be the first to kill when she sees what needs to be done.
>>
>>78277441
Well, yeah, the people of Israel are not fundamentally evil or anything. They have a right to their way of life.

That said, the Zionist movement that has gripped the nation is not restricted to its government. The idea that Israel should be persecuting Palestinians within its borders and expanding those borders through conquest is an extremely popular one within the country, and especially within its armed forces.

Fact of the matter is, it's very likely that when you speak to a woman of the IDF, you're talking to someone that genuinely believes that they have a right to the lands of others, and a right to be held up as superior to non-Jews.
>>
>>78277287
This is spot on. The actual writing for Mystique in DOFP is fairly interesting. She could have acted the shit out the part, but you can tell she has no passion for the role. McAvoy and Fassbender both brought their passion to their roles and made them their own, while JLaw is just going through the motions and is carried by everyone else.
>>
File: zemo_blue.jpg (94KB, 395x599px) Image search: [Google]
zemo_blue.jpg
94KB, 395x599px
>>78277475
150 hours in photoshoop
>>
special effects look cheap. it has that tv show vibe, and I can't actualy pinpoint what puts me off about it.
>>
>>78276010
the costume design guy for this movie needs to be forced to wear this goofy shit in a walk of shame across the production studio.
Hot shit how do you make so many horrific outfits?
It's like the motherfucker just said "what can I do with spandex, bad taste, and the most saturated color pallet known to man?"
>>
>>78277578
>that genuinely believes that they have a right to the lands of others

Strictly speaking the lands in question are Israeli territory being governed by a semi-autonomous, self-governing minority. Also the Palestinians once tried to overthrow Jordan and claim it for themselves.

And fact of the matter is, it's very likely that when you speak to a woman of the IDF, you're talking to someone just counting down the days until they're through with their compulsory military service.
>>
>>78277473
>>
File: map.jpg (90KB, 403x609px) Image search: [Google]
map.jpg
90KB, 403x609px
>>78277578
Modern Israel is already only a pittance of the fullness if what Israel is supposed to be. They took the smallest sliver of land, yet people still act like this is too much
>>
>>78277647
That's dark grey, not blue.
>>
>>78277724

>yet people still act like this is too much

You mean the people that used to live there?
>>
>>78277491
There are multiple examples, though few better than the Six-Day-War of 1967, where Israel used Egypt's strengthening of their borders as an excuse to launch a series of devastating air strikes, starting a war that would essentially come down to an opportunistic land-grab on Israel's part.

Using half-baked excuses to grab land, then claim that they need it to defend themselves, is a recurring theme with Israel.
>>
>>78277745
You mean the Israelites?
>>
>>78277629

Really everyone outside of JLaw brought it, one of the nice things about DOFP was most of it being good actors just ACTING to and around each other. The plot was afterthought to the characters and performances.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend I don't love shiny shit blowing up real good in my action movies, but Days stripping most of the generic superhero narrative out to make it about the actual people in the story instead of the plot was just so refreshing. It's probably the first cape movie since Dark Knight to focus its finale around character choice instead of just being the biggest setpiece.
>>
>>78277747
It's a reoccurring theme in all civilizations founded on an ancient history. The Vatican did it, the Ottoman Empire did it, and yes, the Jews did it too. It's the way the whole human drama plays out
>>
>>78277724
It is too much.

Other people used to live there. Other people still live there, and are treated like shit. The human rights violations Israel has visited on its occupied territories go well beyond simply evicting people from their homes - they've made a habit of provoking or inflicting violence, and have even turned a blind eye and subtly assisted the slaughter of non-Israelis by violent Christian groups.
>>
>>78277812
Yes, it is.

But the guy asked when Israel had ever started an imperialist war, apparently assuming that the answer was "never."
>>
>>78277813
Where do you suggest the people of Israel live then? Let's also not pretend that this is one sided. Hamas and other Palestinian forces have been just as brutal towards the Israelites.

This war between Israel and Palestine over this land has been happening since before David slew Goliath and drove back the Philistines.
>>
>>78277843
I personally don't ignore the evils of the Israeli government, just like I don't ignore the evils of the American government. But I still will defend the right of America and Israel to remain sovereign nations. Governments never truly represent the people that they govern
>>
>>78277954
Alright, no one was arguing about their sovereignty, but doing fucking expansion wars like we're in the middle ages is disgusting.
>>
>>78277904
I'm not saying the Israelis should live nowhere, or that Israel should be disbanded or demolished or whatever. You don't seem to comprehend that not all of what Israel currently considers Israel is what they were given when the country was formed. They have violently expanded their borders and are in the process of slowly annihilating the people that lived there first.

>>78277954
>But I still will defend the right of America and Israel to remain sovereign nations.

Yep, same. I have never once said that I believe Israel has to go or whatever. But Israel has a massive population of turbo-nationalists that want to see everyone else in the region turned into second-class-citizens in a reboot of the old Jewish tribal lands, and I don't want to see those views reflected in the slightest by WW.
>>
>>78277747
Ah yes, the mobilization of forces along your border - actually the result of receiving falsified intelligence from the USSR - by a nation that had invaded you before, following that nation expelling international peacekeepers then closing access to the Straits of Tiran is a pretty weak excuse for war. Despite the fact that Egypt knew that under the agreements made at the end of the Suez Crisis closing the Straits of Tiran would automatically be a casus belli for Israel.
>>
>>78277904
>Hamas and other Palestinian forces have been just as brutal towards the Israelites.

No joke, Israel completely brought this on themselves.

You wouldn't believe how chill Arabs and Jews used to be with each other in that region compared to now. There were people on both sides that hated the other, but prior to the establishment of Israel, there was FAR less resentment toward Jews from Arabs.

The establishment of Israel itself annoyed people politically, but things could've been smoothed over if it hadn't been for the Suez Crises and the Six Day War that eventually arose from it. Israel made it clear there that they had every intention of taking people's lands and subjugating them, and that didn't just scare politicians - it scared absolutely everyone.

Israel has a right to exist, but their current situation? Totally of their own making.
>>
>>78278002
>>78278059
Israel is literally surrounded by millions of people who are still fighting a blood feud war from the middle ages that want to see Israel destroyed and the Jews exterminated. It's easy to take the moral high ground when you aren't the one carrying the responsibility for your entire nation, your people and their history. The people of Israel had to harden their hearts, as they will be defending Israel from those who want to destroy it for the entirety of its existence. You don't live in a nation where all of your neighbors dream of your destruction
>>
J Law literally said she told Singer and Fox to keep her out of the blue makeup as much as possible

People presume the Fox wants to use her real face as marketing, but no she just hates playing the character and Fox wants to keep her happy
>>
>>78278136
In the eyes of history, it is a weak excuse, seeing as we know in hindsight that Egypt didn't have the capability or intention to invade.

It was very obviously a land-grab by Israel. The mere fact that they pushed far further than they needed, refused to withdraw, and are now chilling in the homes of people they turfed out of the land, tells us everything we need to know about their intentions.
>>
>>78278176
Sometimes you have to sacrifice being "chill" in order to institute major shifts in society. Despite all that's happened, Israel still accepted a meager pittance of the lands Israel was at its fullness.
>>
>>78278180
Israel hasn't been defending, it's been attacking, and it has every intention to keep attacking.

And they brought the hate on themselves. Jews and Arabs in that area weren't at each other's throats prior to this. Not in modernity, anyhow.
>>
>>78278180
>You don't live in a nation where all of your neighbors dream of your destruction
Yeah, because I didn't voluntarily choose to move to one.
>>
>>78278357
At some point after seeing your people being killed over and over again, you will decide to take the fight to your enemies rather than letting them take it to you
>>
>>78278347
Wow, that's retarded.

Major shifts? Major shifts in a direction solely beneficial to one people, at the expense of another.

And Israel gets no brownie points for accepting part of the former Hebrew lands (especially seeing as they're clearly trying to subjugate the rest of those lands). They didn't have any claims to those lands, ethnically speaking, in the first place. Most Israelis are the descendants of European converts resulting from the Jewish Diaspora - the closest people in the world, genetically speaking, to the Hebrews of old, are the people Israel is currently treating as second-class-citizens or turfing out of their homes.
>>
>>78278427
>bawwww tons of us got killed by Germans
>but hey that means we're allowed to do the same to Arabs!

Hypocrisy and barbarism at its finest.
>>
>>78278440
Israel was comprised of 12 tribes, and only one of them was Judah. There is no ethnic Israelite, as Israel was comprised of many people from many ethnic backgrounds. It's a spiritual nation with a spiritual people first and foremost.
>>
How did the thread derail?
What form would you fuck mystique in?
>>
>>78278458
Everyone knows that the upper crust of aristocratic Jews in Germany working with the elites of America sold out their own people to the Nazis in a long term ploy to establish their own nation of Israel in the aftermath. The nation is founded on the corpses of millions and was orchestrated by Jewish hands. This does not take away the right of the Israelite people to their homeland.
>>
>>78278582
We started talking about how Wonder Woman and the Amazons are going to be an analog for Israel.
>>
>>78278533
There are multiple old Israeli ethnicities, and none of them are the people that comprise the majority of modern Israel. But I'm speaking in terms of simple lineage here - by en large, the people in Israel today are not descended from the people in Israel prior to the exiles. They're the descendants of people converted in Europe back when Judaism was still a proselytizing faith.

And either way, they have no right to that land. The only claim they have is religious, and, if I recall correctly, we generally consider separation of church and politics to be one of the hallmarks of a modern nation.
>>
>>78277390

The Fox website has the X-men Apocalypse trailer using it's own player in HD. It's not hosted by youtube so it doesn't count towards hits.

The trailer on the Warner Bros website is the youtube trailer.
>>
>>78278642
The people of ancient Israel were captured and scattered by the Assyrian Empire and the Babylonians. There is no way of reconstructing that exact lineage.
>>
>>78278611
You really believe that European converts should own all the former territories of Israel simply because a completely different Jewish people own them over two thousand years ago?

Well, why not find the ethnic or spiritual descendants of the people the early Hebrews murdered to establish the kingdom of Israel on? Because hey, it was their land once, right? Or does is dredging up the past to your benefit a special right exclusive to modern Israelis?

Israel has a right to exist now. It's been put down, and what's done is done - the idea of just turfing them out is unthinkable and inhumane. But they have no right to any of their occupied territories.
>>
>>78278637

Hey, apocalypse looks cool

Just like wonder woman

Wonder woman based on the idf

Idf did nothing wrong

Jews need to die

Free Palestine
Wtf is going on in this thread
>>
>>78278704
...And many of them remained within the lands of the old Israeli kingdom, as slaves or servants. And they integrated. Their faiths changed over time. Fact is, they're still the only real descendants of the ancient Israelites.

The idea that anyone should have that land simply because some other people with a sorta similar faith - and it really is only sorta similar, considering how much it's changed - lived there is ridiculous.

Israel is there now, and it's not going away, but their warmongering and persecution against the REAL descendants of Israel is still disgusting.
>>
>>78278176
>There were people on both sides that hated the other, but prior to the establishment of Israel, there was FAR less resentment toward Jews from Arabs.

There was an actual religious war going on in Palestine prior to the establishment of Israel between local Jews and Arabs. One of the main problems with peace efforts in the first few decades of Israel's existence is that a lot of the local people in power on both sides had "ethnic cleansing" on their resumes.

>>78278287
Egypt had the capacity, intent was questionable but considering the buildup was because of increased tensions between Israel and Syria and Egypt had a mutual defense pact with Syria. If Nasser was unable or unwilling to to invade Israel then it'd completely torpedo his goals at regional hegemony. Nasser was pretty much the driving force of pan-Arabism.

Maritime access is a major facet of international law and diplomacy. Restricting access was a direct violation of the, now supplanted, Convention on the Territorial Sea and the Contiguous Zone in effect at the time. It's not a weak excuse.
>>
First for Olivia Munn's a shit
>>
>>78278763

This thread went to shit. Fuck. Can't there be a decent X-men: Apocalypse thread without console wars, Jennifer Lawrence shit posting, /pol/ wars, or MUH MCU.
>>
File: 1441598348479.jpg (3MB, 2400x3586px) Image search: [Google]
1441598348479.jpg
3MB, 2400x3586px
>>78278732
Yes, that is what I believe, because keeping the traditions of your people is what gives meaning to our lives. You lack this connection with your own history and will never understand.

The native Cannanites were said to be a savage, primal people that was sacrificing it's own children to the furnace of Moloch, and was said to have a portion of its population that was deformed from inbreeding, having multiple rows of teeth and extra fingers and toes
>>
>>78278989
Never ever sadly, Come join the super girl thread
>>
File: 1448136436064.jpg (94KB, 500x535px) Image search: [Google]
1448136436064.jpg
94KB, 500x535px
>>78277763
>justifying oppression and exile of a whole ethnicity with your religious fairytales on 4chan

Jidf go home
>>
>>78278869
>There was an actual religious war going on in Palestine prior to the establishment of Israel between local Jews and Arabs.

Which was, for the most part, constrained to Palestine. Jews and Arabs were not murdering each other throughout the Middle East.

Nassar probably had the eventual intent, though whether he had the ability to, or ever would, was questionable. Egypt's military infrastructure at the time was woefully unprepared for any kind of real engagement. His dreams of an Arabic east were, for the most part, dreams.

While lawful, the actual actions of the Israeli state demonstrate that they had no actual intention of fighting a war of defense - they were simply using the misconceptions of the nations sharing their borders as an excuse to launch and expansionist attack.
>>
Can't the arabs and Jew share the damn land?

Just fuck off with your petty shit.

Can we talk about this movie?????
>>
File: 1445236587313.jpg (172KB, 1600x1104px) Image search: [Google]
1445236587313.jpg
172KB, 1600x1104px
>>78278180
>take other peoples land
>hold them in a state of constant oppression for 60 years
>complain about the region being hostile towards your nation after all that time

Okay, ziobro. Whatever you say
>>
>>78279075
I have plenty of connection with my history. I'm probably one of the few people who knows anything about, or speaks even a pittance of the language, of the people I'm descended from.

Historically, by the way, the Israelites probably were simply a Canaanite tribe that was victorious over the others. There's no historical basis for any of your demonizations of them.

And Israel isn't your history, assuming that you're an Israeli. You're the descendant of European converts.

Your faith is not a good reason to be displacing, murdering, and subjugating people.
>>
>>78279205
Ask the Israelis, since they reject any fair international peacesettlement as long as they are allowed to.
>>
What the Jews did was unfair. But blame the nazis for that.

Palestinians should stop complaining and move on.

There. Happy now? Let's talk about mystique's blue tits.
>>
>>78279323
I'm a descendent of the ten northern tribes of Israel that were scattered by the Assyrians throughout Europe. I keep the traditions of my Hebrew roots and fervently study the history of my people
>>
>>78279466
Palestinians should get their land back and Israel should be forced to stop treating those within the land agreed upon as Israel like shit. They're literally being starved out in many places.

Mystique's blue tits should be fuller and more inviting, I feel. Though I guess she's meant to be young waif Mystique in these films?

Also, what's up with Nightcrawler? They not going with the standard origin?
>>
>>78279493
Cool.

You've still got no right to any of the former tribal domains of Israel, just as none of the people that came before or after ancient Israel do. I'm not demanding the lands of Rhydderch Hael as mine, because I'm not an imperialist asshole, and I know that the past belongs in the past.
>>
>>78278849
3/8ths of current Israeli population are of local descent and 50% of all native Israelis have partial local ancestry. Palestinian nationalism as a political ideology is about as old as Zionism as a political ideology. Genetic studies have shown that something like 70% of Jews and 80% of Palestinians share a chromosome pool.
>>
>>78279591
Who does have a right to live in their homeland then?
>>
>>78279846
Ultimately? The people that were there recently.

Which, by the way, did include many Jews, in this case. There's no reason why Jews shouldn't be living in the area agreed upon. But they're not just doing that - they're violently expelling people from other areas because several thousand years ago some other people they have a vague religious connection to lived there. They're starving and abusing non-Jews who have been living there just as long, often longer.

There is a difference between living somewhere, and establishing a tyranny over somewhere.
>>
Reminder, Jews did nothing wrong. Go back to >>/pol/
>>
>>78279154
>they were simply using the misconceptions of the nations sharing their borders as an excuse to launch and expansionist attack.

Except those nations had a history of attacking Israel, had militaries mobilized on the borders, during a time period of high tensions and occasional skirmishes, and did the one thing that Israel said would provoke a war.

You're also arguing like Israel didn't return the Sinai Peninsula to Egypt and Egypt and Jordan didn't withdraw their claims on Gaza and the West Bank. Hell, you seem to be overlooking the fact that following the Israeli War of Independence Transjordan and Egypt claimed the remainder of Palestinian territory for themselves.
>>
It's going to be the Last Stand of this trilogy.

Mediocre but fun.
>>
Mister Sinister next, right lads?
>>
File: 1191761747371.jpg (43KB, 733x363px) Image search: [Google]
1191761747371.jpg
43KB, 733x363px
>>78276570
>view's

What the fuck.

Do you suffer from Down's syndrome? I can quite honestly think of no other reason someone would apostrophes the way you do.
>>
>>78278989

How is this a /pol/ war? This thread is actually getting into some interesting history.
>>
>>78279985
You keep lamenting the abuse of non Jews, but Israel is the only nation in the Middle East where a Muslim is allowed full human rights regardless of what sect they adhere to
>>
>>78280262
Hopefully set up in Gambit
>>
>>78281057
Israel only grants full human rights to Jews. Officially, this is not the case, but there is a long and persistent history of institutionalized discrimination against non-Jews. This is before we even get into stuff like the state's silent support of Christian terrorist groups committing mass-murders on Arab populations within the occupied territories, the forced eviction of non-Jews from their homes, and the re-routing of water supplies to deliberately damage Palestinian communities.

Heavier prison terms, denial from public services, and routine eviction are all characteristic of being a non-Jew in Israel or its occupied territories. Additionally, the technical freedom of religion is null, as the state recognizes only Judaism, and has gone as far as actively sabotaging other holy sites, rendering them inaccessible.
>>
>>78277396
the question is then why did they release this as one of the few publicity pictures, a bit embarrasingly misrepresentative don't you think
>>
>>78276065
>>78276570
>disneyshills this scared

Don't worry kids, your job isn't going anywhere. After Star Wars was revealed to be worse than the prequels they're going to need you on damage control 24/7 if anything.
>>
Is anyone else annoyed that there is no cable in a movie yet, especially a movie with a apoc?
>>
>>78282393
But on the other hand Palestinians suck, so it's a hard choice between rooting for the Jews who stay in their containment zone and the Palestinians who want to push those jews back into America (because they'd definitely come here if Israel fell, like South Africans move to British countries)
>>
>>78277904
>Where do you suggest the people of Israel live then?
The US.
>>
>>78276010
This is going to be a disaster like star wars.
>>
>>78285297
He's gonna be in the Deadpoop sequel, or the X-Force movie they're apparently planning.
>>
>>78285297
You'd be better asking this in an X-Men movie thread.
>>
>thread about X-Men
>turns into shitposting about Israel
>>
>>78280383
I feel the same way about possesive pronouns, I see people use apostrophes in them all the damn time
>>
>>78277473
yeah she should be in my bed;_;
>>
>>78276010
Janitors can we scrub this thread and get some 32hr bans on /pol shitposters?

Fucksake one nipple gets shown and the thread is pruned immediately, half the thread consisting of Isreal/palestine assgrabbery and it stays up for 2 days.

If I didn't care about bans I'd just start posting some Fires of Askell from /aco and get this shit heap burned immediately.
>>
>>78276239
>taking that bait
>>
>>78276010
Fox "XMen" always fighting for muh mutie rights
Yeah, so novel... And Xavier, the most interesting character! How more movies we need about that baldie?
>>
>>78276604
The studio doesn't think like that, they want their own "Avengers" type of success and they want it now.
>>
>>78276010
I'm looking forward to this more than BvS. I just hope there is a lot more work on the CGI to come, cause the trailer looked bad at times. And I need my Archangel to look really badass, not like the faggot he looks like now.
>>
>>78284059
Because it didn't occur to them that you fags would be so autistic about it.
>>
>>78276010
Go away Fox
>>
>>78278180
>You don't live in a nation where all of your neighbors dream of your destruction.

We share a southern border with fucking Mexico.
>>
>>78278201
I heard that she's allergic to something in the makeup, and that's why she wants to avoid it.
>>
>People in this thread are anti-Israel.

Go back to /pol/.
>>
>>78285525
They already do.

There are more Jews in America than in Israel.
>>
>>78276084
I'm surprised he's in Star Wars and Xmen since He was one of the worst parts in Sucker Punch or at least the worst actor
>"I am your emPLOYERRRRRR"
>>
>>78292460
>Sucker Punch
he was also in Ex Machina and played the lead in some recent movies and HBO show.
>>
>>78291916
Even someone unfamiliar with X-men could look at that and tell that it would be a terrible design to have in the movie. The comparison to Ivan Ooze isn't for nothing, what with both having an all-purple color scheme. Actually, Ooze had more black and brighter purples, and that movie was made for kids.

If a publicity photo needs an explanation to justify it, it's a bad publicity photo.
>>
>>78280262
Mojo when?
>>
>>78276605
>Gal Gadot
>free pass
You must be joking.
>>
>>78292291
Convienient excuse, she just doesn't like the makeup.
>>
>>78284383

>No you're a shill!

Did your mom let you on the internet again?
>>
>>78292814
Honestly though, this is a pretty fantastic costume all around
>>
>>78295605
It is, but Munn steals the shot.
>>
>>78285668
>both Jews and mutants are gassed
>>
>>78295605
mmm, half asians
>>
>>78295605
Hopefully X-Men will have decent costumes.
>>
>>78296093
yup, I hate how 4chan hates her. she has charisma
>>
>>78276010
I enjoyed Oscar Isaac in Star Wars, but Apocalypse looks terrible in the trailer. Out of al the comic book movies this one looks the worst so far.
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.