[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite Bat-look? General color scheme, ideal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 12

File: Batman-52.jpg (197KB, 550x450px) Image search: [Google]
Batman-52.jpg
197KB, 550x450px
What's your favorite Bat-look? General color scheme, ideal cowl-ear length?

Personally I'm really fond of the shorter, sometimes stubby ears. There's kind of a dorky goofiness in it.
>>
>>78255398
Stubby ears are cuter.
>>
File: Batsuit_(Batman_Beyond).jpg (18KB, 163x335px) Image search: [Google]
Batsuit_(Batman_Beyond).jpg
18KB, 163x335px
>>78255398
Honestly? Terry's outfit was always my favourite. That might be general bias considering I grew up watching Beyond. But it also has a minimalist quality to it that I find appealing
>>
File: bak_concept7.jpg (106KB, 1600x830px) Image search: [Google]
bak_concept7.jpg
106KB, 1600x830px
Arkham Knight suit
>>
I love both the classic grey and blue outfit and the Kelly Jones look from the 90's with the oversized cape and ears
>>
File: Batman BW2.jpg (98KB, 603x900px) Image search: [Google]
Batman BW2.jpg
98KB, 603x900px
Fat utility belt pockets (never was a fan of the capsules or really flat-looking sleeves), short cowl ears, long flowing cape.
>>
>>78255516
neat but a bit too busy IMO, I think City nailed the balance better
>>
>>78255549
I'm just a sucker for any suit with moving pieces, I love the suit up sequences in the Iron Man movies.
>>
>>78255579
This, personally the Arkham Knight suit appeals to me more as well, even if the Arkham City one is more traditional.
>>
File: batmanarkhamoriginsscr_022-large.jpg (195KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
batmanarkhamoriginsscr_022-large.jpg
195KB, 1920x1080px
>>78255516
I know Origins is the black sheep, but I really liked how it looked like a flexible tight superhero suit, but with armored padding all over it and the odd full-armored parts like the gauntlets.
>>
File: 13857404787023.jpg (2MB, 2171x3165px) Image search: [Google]
13857404787023.jpg
2MB, 2171x3165px
>>78255651
I thought it makes sense for winter, but I don't like how Nolan-esque it feels.

Muh Batman is a ninja.
>>
>>78255651
Origins suit just needs better material definition, the vambraces look like they're made from the fabric his pants are.
>>
>>78255651
Origins may have had its issues, but the suit wasn't one of them.
>>
>>78255516
Arkham Knighrs version of the Asylum/City suit is perfect IMO
>>
File: Batman_City.jpg (36KB, 1234x750px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_City.jpg
36KB, 1234x750px
>>78255817
>>
Short ears preferred, grey suit with black (not blue) gloves, boots and cape, all-black chest sized bat logo, muted yellow belt with pouches, trunks are a must, cape as long as it needs to be, no armor
>>
File: MPW-40413.jpg (56KB, 500x773px) Image search: [Google]
MPW-40413.jpg
56KB, 500x773px
>>
File: tumblr_mlbouwyPKS1rnhr86o1_1280.jpg (788KB, 1280x1908px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mlbouwyPKS1rnhr86o1_1280.jpg
788KB, 1280x1908px
Either insanely long and stylized like kelly jones, or short miller esque, not the bat symbol tho
>>
>>78255516
I see alot of hate for this suit because it's really armored and tactical. While i understand that, consider the fact that Bruce was taking on a private army with turrets, tanks, drones ect. all pointed at him. He needed a suit more fit for the situation, fight fire with fire. Same with the Bat-RC Tank.

There was an anon in another thread that explained it better than i could. Regardless, i like it.
>>
>>78255852
Perfect.
>>
I like the Eighties look or even Silver age look. I don't really like the Modern movie influenced militaristic look. I prefer a more gothic look.
>>
Blue and grey with the yellow ellipse behind the bat.
>>
>>78255651
I really dug the trapezius armor/top of cape piece he had in this game. Made him feel very physically imposing. The cowl in this is pretty nice too, good ear length I feel.Better curve than AK had, every time I look at those sharp pointy ears I can only think about him bloodily ramming them into someone's face.
>>
>>78255398
The Batman suit from Arkham City/Asylum was the perfect live action suit that never was...and I know people are gonna say that Ben Affleck's is better, but I think if we got a more Gothic Batman movie, the Arkham suits would be perfect inspiration.

As for comic wise, I think I prefer my Batman with ears not to long, but not too short. The length of TAS had good ears. I think the symbol with the yellow logo should only be when he's on a team. It gives it a more team-symbol feel to it rather than a plain bat does....but when Bats is solo, he should be given a simple bat symbol. Preferably broad. The trunks should be present, the suit should grey, the mask and cape black. The texture should thick, but defined subtly, but NOT armored bullshit (new 52 can suck my ass). Subtle detailing can be added, but I think it just takes away the symbol of Batman. He's a crazy man with crazy determination who is just super skilled, and can fight even if he's just wearing tights. Imagine the power that message could bring.

TLDR
Fuck new 52 with a splintery piece of wood from applebees.
>>
File: WB_20110916_batman_detail.jpg (741KB, 2000x2591px) Image search: [Google]
WB_20110916_batman_detail.jpg
741KB, 2000x2591px
I know im a fanboy but this one right here. I dont know but it feels right, no body armor no bullshit, its designed for stealth not for breaking in like SWAT.

Also it makes sense to be made of cloth because he can wear it underneath his suit or stash it into a compact place, you cant do that with body armor.
>>
File: bat.jpg (59KB, 500x569px) Image search: [Google]
bat.jpg
59KB, 500x569px
This is Batman to me.
>>
>>78258544
damn nigga that brings me back.

>you now remember the smell of the paper
>that yellow color over the years
>mfw I spilled chocolate milk on one
>that one that had fucked up pages
>>
>>78255398
Long ears, black that looks blue under some types of lighting, impractically long cape
It instills fear in the superstitious and cowardly.
>>
File: Batman_AA-batmobile.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_AA-batmobile.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Pertty much everything from the Arkham series.
Costumes, body structure, architecture, ect..
The Arkham games really were my batman experience from my childhood to being an adult
>>
>>78255398
DCAU nose and eye shape
medium-long ears, either vertical or V-oriented. slight curve is okay
long cape, on shoulders but pushbackable
regular gloves, not the old purple ones
trunks god dammit
yellow oval
belt with hard metal square compartments
honestly would like to see the gray tights as a slightly bluish gray once. just for a try
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.