[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can these two move around the Earth Kingdom without being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: Zuko-and-iroh.jpg (27KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Zuko-and-iroh.jpg
27KB, 400x300px
How can these two move around the Earth Kingdom without being recognized? Literally the most recognizable duo in the whole world.
>>
They cut their hair
>>
>>78243192
they live in a world where the internet didn't exist and photographs hadn't been invented yet, not to mention that information traveled a lot slower.
>>
>>78243235
And yet everyone and their dog knows A. What Airbender tattoos look like, and B. That the next avatar was even supposed to be an Airbender.

No one has seen one is a hundred years. Further, why would some random peasants know the Avatar cycle? Frankly, so many people know things they have no business knowing anyway that it's a valid question.
>>
>>78243192
>a fire-scarred boy in a world where they have been at war with the FIRE NATION who use FIRE ATTACKS for a century and an old guy with a beard are instantly recognizeable
>>
>>78243192
Charlie Chaplin lost a Charlie Chaplin lookalike contest.
People are generally stupid--and to make matters worse, Zuko is the exiled prince and looks like most every other Earthbender who has suffered at the hands of the Fire Nation--there's an episode about this--while Iroh hasn't been a relevant historical figure since the first Siege of Ba Sing Se.
>>
>>78243192
Realistically there should have been more horrifically burned people about the place like Zuko, but that would have been too much trouble to design and keep track of, and I doubt the censors would have allowed that sort of thing anyways.
>>
>>78243235

Lots of wanted posters and Zuko's scar should be well known.

Information isn't slow in this world. It took like a day before "everyone" knew Aang was on Kyoshi island.
>>
>>78243336
>Further, why would some random peasants know the Avatar cycle?
Not too sure about the rest, like tattoos and such (don't recall that many people recognizing Aang off of his tattoos). But the Avatar being a thing and the cycle, his job etc. is tied to every nations mythology. They all seemed to have their own version of the Fire Sages, basicly every nation had their own religious group that had vowed to serve the Avatar, and seemingly also recorded his history and such.

So i'm pretty sure most people would be aware that the avatar cycle is a thing, while they might not know where is was at the moment.
>>
>>78243336
op is talking about iroh and zuko nt aang faggot
>>
>>78243338
thus desu senpai baka at these frogposters
>>
>>78243336
>>No one has seen one is a hundred years
Kyoshi lived to be two hundred something. They don't need to know about the cycle. They'd just assume it's the same one, just missing.
>>
>>78243386
Information does travel slowly there they send messages via birds m8 fucking birds
>>
>>78243802
I'm just saying that since people know things they shouldn't anyway, why shouldn't they also implausibly know about Zuko and Iroh?
>>
>>78243192
Because they live in a world where photography hasn't been invented.
Do you honestly think the AVERAGE person people in XVIII century Britain knew what, say, Napoleon looked like?
Similarly, NOBODY knows what some fire prince that was exiled 5 years ago looks like. He looks no different than any Earth Kingdom Citizen.
>inb4scar
They're at was against the Fire Nation, burn battle scars can't be all that uncommon.

>>78243336
Pretty much nobody knew Aang was an airbender until he did airbending, though. And for the Avatar cycle thing, it's the same way everyone in Europe knew the story of Jesus, it's part of their world's lore.
>>
>>78243386
Burn scars would be incredibly common, so that could be easily overlooked. But combined with his gold eyes, yeah. You can't always go by eye color but gold eyes are mostly fire nation exclusive.
>>
>>78243336
>hurr durr why would random peasants in medieval Europe know who Jesus is and that he died on a cross

Maybe because it's their fucking religion, you idiot?
>>
>>78243192
A old bearded man, and a boy with a burn in a country fighting a war with the FIRE nation, who has FIRE benders, people with the power to control FIRE.

Yeah those are a couple of rare plums you got there.
>>
>>78244032
>>78243338
Holy shit I think we should just get married.
>>
>>78243839
Airnomads used to travel the world justbine hundred years ago with big tatois on their heads. Their genicide is well know aming everyone.

The tatoos isbthe most defining feature of them. Books also exist.

I really can't ser how it would be difficult ti the common people know how air tatoos looked like, people would still be telling stories about air nĂ´mades after all this time, and existed plenty of them walking across the world on the time of their grandpa's parents.
>>
>>78243386
Fire Nation is the ones hunting Zuko and Iroh so they are the ones with information on them, and the only ones who care who they are.

That's why they hid in Ba Sing Se
>>
>>78243839
You think people knowing that one of the only cultures in their entire fucking world has tattoos is implausible? You are aware that knowledge of air benders is not obscure in any way right? It's like the real world equivalent of knowing that Rome existed.
>>
>>78243192
Help me out guys, I think I'm seeing double?

4 Jackie Chans?!
>>
Did you know everyone was retarded before the internet?
>>
>>78244209
It's not that they were rearded, it that there'd be literally no way for them to know what Zuko and Iroh looked like unless the Fire Nation handed everyone in the EK a wanted poster with the most accurate possible drawing of those two.
And even then, as people have pointed out, able-bodied man with burn scars and elder man is vague as fuck
>>
no information about war gets in ba sing se and the other small cities don't have information. not to mention they traveled avoiding cities
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.