[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>When she got out of the car and you saw her for the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: sam-raimi-mistakes-spider-man-3.jpg (330KB, 656x343px) Image search: [Google]
sam-raimi-mistakes-spider-man-3.jpg
330KB, 656x343px
>When she got out of the car and you saw her for the first time, you grabbed me and said, “Aunt May! Aunt May! Is that an angel?”
>You have a knack for saving my life. I think I have a superhero stalker.
>It’s you who’s out, Gobby! Out of your mind!
>Jameson, you slime!
>We’ll meet again, Spider-Man!

How did people ever like these movies?
>>
File: 1429143675592.png (102KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1429143675592.png
102KB, 250x250px
>>78202024
Dude, fuck if I know. It's cringe times ten...and that's all of them, the first two are just as cringey as the third, the third just happens to be more poorly put together

>the raindrops scene in 2
>mfw
>>
>>78202024
>How did people ever like these movies?

No idea, try asking the television & film board.
>>
>>78202024
>>78202067
>>78202069
This trilogy was for the cocoa/lactose-intolerant.
>>
>>78202088
>lactose-intolerant.

...Black people?
>>
sleeeeeeeep
>>
>>78202024
>When she got out of the car and you saw her for the first time, you grabbed me and said, “Aunt May! Aunt May! Is that an angel?”
>You have a knack for saving my life. I think I have a superhero stalker.
These parts legitimately suck. I love the Raimi movies and I'll admit that basically anything to do with MJ is unwatchable now, Emma Stone as Gwen was basically the only thing the ASM movies did right.

But these parts:
>It’s you who’s out, Gobby! Out of your mind!
>Jameson, you slime!
>We’ll meet again, Spider-Man!
are part of the charm of these flicks. They're campy without being obnoxious with it like Batman and Robin.
>>
>>78202139
>They're campy without being obnoxious with it like Batman and Robin.
That's debatable, I'm not one to shit on anyones good time so if you like that stuff good for you, but personally I can't stand it.
>>
Pizza time
>>
FINISH IT!
>>
Best Spidey Line in the trilogy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEGu1u_7eKQ
>>
>>78202024
>This movie about a nerd who gets spider powers and fights a scientist in a hoverboard while dressed in red and blue spandex has cheesy dialog!
>>
>>78202024
Wow, it's almost as if it was written in the early 2000s
>>
File: 1387719122899_zps962be297.gif (2MB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
1387719122899_zps962be297.gif
2MB, 300x199px
>>78202069
Theres always that one fucktard who thinks comic book films shouldnt be on a board title "Comic Books"
>>
>>78202322
Dont mock that line, its the only time Tobey acts like comic Spiderman
>>
>>78202466
That has nothing to do with it. In fact most early 00s cape films were the opposite and went for a dark gritty tone
>>
>>78202480
>comic book films
>films
>fiiiiiillllllmmmmmmssss
>>
>>78202480
Don't engage them, they're an attention whore who does this to derail threads since they don't actually know anything about comics worth talking about. Just let them fade away
>>
>>78202139
>Emma Stone as Gwen was basically the only thing the ASM movies did right.

Incorrect.
>The costume in ASM2 is near perfection.
>Mechanical Webshooters
>Correct in-costume personality

Everything else was ass, though.
>>
>>78204496
The action scenes were much better as well
>>
>>78202757
>don't actually know anything about comics worth talking about

You mean like people who make threads about movies on a comic book and animation board?
>>
>>78204697
Not the Goblin fight at the end. That was moronic. But the Electro fights were great.
>>
Because as goofy as they could be (and as goofy as they eventually became) they were well shot action films that understood and drew on a lot of classic Spider-Man stories. To the point that people still want to bring back that version of J.J.J.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=066E73VCbD8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgL8h_u2PHw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z00fTwhmYX0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txnf4s7eWs0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt56jutf1vk

But of course if your main exposure to them is "Pizza Time" they're going to seem a lot more retarded than they actually were.
>>
>>78202024
>Liking superhero movies at all
I'm not a faggot.
>>
>>78202024
There's a level of campiness enjoyed by the general audience in these films, I can understand why people enjoy it even though I don't, like with batman forever.

What I don't get is how the second movie is seen as good enough to deserve its 4 stars.
>>
>>78205440
That cock in your ass says otherwise.
>>
The Raimi Spider-man movies are for casuals that have a passing knowledge and assume they "know" Spider-man.

They "know" Peter is a nerd, so they expected and got an over the top spaghetti slinger that's constantly bullied.
Whereas in the comics, Peter is smooth enough to land six different women and has no problem trading insults with guys like Flash out of the mask.
>>
Because Raimi goofiness. They have some good things, like for its time the special effects were impressive.

But there were some serious flaws that make it hard for me to watch now. Peter is a terrible crybaby, instead of using Spider-man as a means of release. and who the fuck thought it was a good idea to put a static metal mask on Willem Dafoe, one of the most expressive faces in cinema. Morons.
>>
>>78202709
>comic book films
>comic book
>coooooomiiiiiic booooock
>>
>>78205412
>understood
They did not. At all. It completely misrepresents both Peter Parker and Spider-Man.
>>
>>78205440
Watch out /co/! We got a film snob in the thread!
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.